PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever received an upgrade at Saratoga?

Vickie46
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Just curious if you ever received an upgrade to a 1 br villa or whatever? We reserved a studio but I would love to see what the other room type looks like if we ever decide on the dvc?

just curious..

magicmommy
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Even if you don't get an upgrade you can check at the front desk and ask to see a 1BR.

Vickie46
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
yes.. we were going to ask and see if a housekeeper could show us a room that is not taken just to see what it looks like.

DisneyBride'03
10-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Just curious if you ever received an upgrade to a 1 br villa or whatever? We reserved a studio but I would love to see what the other room type looks like if we ever decide on the dvc?

just curious..

I am a DVC member, and in August I was upgraded from a studio to a 1 bdr. I had booked this stay using my points and one night on a cash basis.
It was a beautiful room:goodvibes
From what I have read, this rarely happens, however my guest had a few special needs, and I assumed this was the reason behind the upgrade.
I would definately go to the DVC preview center on SSR property and look at the other rooms:)
Studios here are lovely as well! Have a great trip:goodvibes

sraiford
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
We are not DVC members and had a trip booked in June of 07. When we checked in for our studio we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom. It was beautiful and spacious.:thumbsup2 Loved the washer and dryer. We have been checking out DVC ever since, but not totally sold. We are booked this Nov for POR and I am concerned about the space. I think I will be missing that 1 bedroom.:confused3

deej696
10-07-2008, 06:12 PM
DVCer here, and we have never been upgraded in probably 5 or 6 stays at SSR. We stay 1 or 2 nights per visit, which usually in the hotel business shorter stays are more likely to be upgraded, but alas no luck for us. Granted if we are staying at SSR its usually because it was a last minute planned trip and that was all that was available, so we usually are just happy with what we can get:)

SharonZ
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM

just curious..
I stayed at SSR in December 2007, for 4 nights. I was originally booked for a Studio, but was upgraded to a 1-BR. The room was wonderful, but upgrades are rare. Also when making my reservations, I never make any location or room requests. Since I was a single traveler, I was really surprised at the upgrade, but would consider spending the money for the 1-BR on my next trip.