PDA

View Full Version : Best rooms at AKV?!?

eeyore913
10-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Hello all!
We are planning to rent points and stay at the AKV studio savannah view in May 09!

The people we are renting from have asked us what floor/area of the resort we would like to be in an suggestions?

As of May 1 2009 the other section will be opening and we are wondering if we should stay there? Anything you can tell us would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

eeyore913
10-09-2008, 07:42 AM
We are trying to book today/tomorrow and we really do not know where to stay.

We are doing a studio/savannah view so if anyone has stayed and wants to share please do!

Also thoughts about staying in the new portion opening up on May 1st? Thanks!

Disney1976
10-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Well, with no one having stayed at Kidani yet, there's really no way for anyone to recommend a good floor or location yet. In terms of Jambo, I'm pretty sure all teh AKV rooms are on the 5th floor, and are all savannah view, though I may be mistaken.

BCV23
10-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Yes, no one can help much about Kidani. The new pool area there looks like fun if you have children but otherwise???? I'm sure it will be lovely though. There will be savannah view studios as well as others that cost fewer points...standard view I think is the other category at Kidani but if you ask on the DVC boards some real experts may see this. LisaS has an amazing knowledge of AKV.

In Jambo, all villas are on the 5th floor as Disney1976 said with the exception of a very few that are concierge and located on the 6th floor. Few, more points and hard to book. Jambo has savannah views as well as standard view (pool or front of the building) and value which are smaller studios with a variety of views. Savannah "costs" the most points, then standard and value is least expensive.

kaffinito
10-09-2008, 08:56 AM
We stayed at Jambo in a value studio and we had a great view of the pool, with one of the savannahs behind it. From the balcony past the pool we could see some zebras. In March we have a savannah view studio. Their is a map of the room locations on the AKV/AKL faq thread that shows the locations of the studios and of the 1 and 2 bedroom units. For my money I would stay in Jambo vs Kindani.

Word of warning though - once you try AKL you'll be hooked! :)

disneyobessed
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
We stayed at Jambo in a value studio and we had a great view of the pool, with one of the savannahs behind it. From the balcony past the pool we could see some zebras. In March we have a savannah view studio. Their is a map of the room locations on the AKV/AKL faq thread that shows the locations of the studios and of the 1 and 2 bedroom units. For my money I would stay in Jambo vs Kindani.

Word of warning though - once you try AKL you'll be hooked! :)

we ar booked to stay in kidani in july... why do you suggest Jambo vs. kidani.. ive been questioning it myself.. we have never stayed at AKL before... so im new to the place.

BCV23
10-09-2008, 09:53 AM
we ar booked to stay in kidani in july... why do you suggest Jambo vs. kidani.. ive been questioning it myself.. we have never stayed at AKL before... so im new to the place.

I was wondering why kaffinito said that too.

For one and 2 BRs, Kidani will have an extra full bath and are larger. I don't think there's much difference in the studios other than no smaller, value ones.

At Jambo, Jiko, Boma and Mara are more convenient. But Kidani will have a new restaurant (Sanaa I think?) and the cool new pool area. And I think parking will be better there.

blueeyesrnc
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
If you will be in the Jambo House then request Arusha savanna, Zebra trail.

jackskellingtonsgirl
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
In Jambo all of the DVC rooms except concierge are on the 5th floor. Not sure how Kidani rooms will be arranged, but only the first phase of the building will be open in May..

eeyore913
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
thanks all! We requested jambo near zebra trail. We just thought we'd go with jambo because it is so close to the opening of Kidani that things might be still getting worked out and I think there will still be some construction going on over there. Thanks everyone!:-)