PDA

View Full Version : How man EPs = A Sellout?

Purseval
10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
They are sold out of Express Passes for Oct. 12th according to the USF website. Any idea how many passes is considered a sellout? I'm thinking it can't be many because they were also sold out on Oct. 4th. If you read the reviews the crowds were light that day and you could have managed to see all the houses without them.

hack2112
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I think they sell anywhere between 5000 to 10000, but don't take my word for it.

donaldduck352
10-06-2008, 06:57 PM
But from what I've been reading,this is not a steller year for crowds:confused3

I'm thinking they are doing this to up prices.IMO only..

I'm thinking on a managment level on this-to up sales!!!

Metro West
10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
They are sold out of Express Passes for Oct. 12th according to the USF website. Any idea how many passes is considered a sellout? I'm thinking it can't be many because they were also sold out on Oct. 4th. If you read the reviews the crowds were light that day and you could have managed to see all the houses without them.I would check on 10/12 at Guest Services to see if any have been released at the last minute. It's worth a shot anyway.

hack2112
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Also if you raise hell, they'll usually let you buy one.

starbaby0103
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
my little brother is coming to visit this weekend and he will be going on the 12th as well. i also noticed that the express passes are sold out....i've heard that they sometimes sell express passes later in the evening for cheap? any truth to that? also, anyone have any good strategies for seeing HHN on a busy night? advice is MUCH appreciated.

Purseval
10-06-2008, 11:35 PM
my little brother is coming to visit this weekend and he will be going on the 12th as well. i also noticed that the express passes are sold out....i've heard that they sometimes sell express passes later in the evening for cheap? any truth to that?

I don't want an express pass, I wouldn't buy one if they had them. I'm just trying to gauge the crowd and if EP sales have any relation to it. So far it doesn't and the EP buyers basically wasted their money. The next sold out EP night is Oct. 9th, thanks to the reviewers here we will know within hours if the crowds justified the sales of express passes.

As for selling them late at night, that has happened at least once but there is no guarantee it will happen the night you are there.

also, anyone have any good strategies for seeing HHN on a busy night? advice is MUCH appreciated.

Yes, get there for Stay and Scream. If you can't afford it get there as early as you can so you are at the front of the line when the park opens for HHN.

Metro West
10-07-2008, 06:35 AM
my little brother is coming to visit this weekend and he will be going on the 12th as well. i also noticed that the express passes are sold out....i've heard that they sometimes sell express passes later in the evening for cheap? any truth to that? also, anyone have any good strategies for seeing HHN on a busy night? advice is MUCH appreciated.On opening night, they were selling an Express pass for $25.00 that was good after 10pm but I haven't seen anyone selling them since. The team members were selling the EP's with the lanyard. If you don't or can't get an EP for a busy night, just do what you can.

starbaby0103
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
thanks for the answers! he will be in the parks that day too....i will advise him of the stay and scream "holding area" - i'm not staying! that is way too grown up for me! :laughing: another newbie question....does the all day meal deal work during horror nights? (or is that just too much to ask for?) :)

starbaby0103
10-07-2008, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Purseval;28016452]I don't want an express pass, I wouldn't buy one if they had them. I'm just trying to gauge the crowd and if EP sales have any relation to it. So far it doesn't and the EP buyers basically wasted their money. The next sold out EP night is Oct. 9th, thanks to the reviewers here we will know within hours if the crowds justified the sales of express passes.

As for selling them late at night, that has happened at least once but there is no guarantee it will happen the night you are there.

Ah - I see what you were getting at now! Will keep an eye on this forum...I know he will have to accept waiting in line - I'm just hoping the wait time won't be 2hrs per house! I've heard it can get that way on a busy night? Again, thanks for the insights....I just love these boards! Everyone is so helpful! :goodvibes

Metro West
10-07-2008, 03:02 PM
another newbie question....does the all day meal deal work during horror nights? (or is that just too much to ask for?) :)It's too much to ask for...The daytime meal deal does not carry over to HHN.