PDA

View Full Version : The New and Updated Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread for 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

andrewilley
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.portorleans.org/images/PortOrleansFrenchQuarterLogo.png

Welcome to the Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ

Quick Facts:

Resort: Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
Address: 2201 Orleans Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830-1000
Tel: (407) 934-5000
Fax: (407) 934-5353
Reservations: (407) 934-7639 or www.disneyworld.com (http://www.disneyworld.com/)

Opening Date: 17 May 1991 (first three buildings, originally named as simply “Port Orleans”)
Category: Moderate
Rooms: 1,008

Closest Theme Park: Epcot
Closest Water Park: Typhoon Lagoon
Closest Entertainment/Shopping: Downtown Disney

http://www.portorleans.org/images/FQ-HeaderPhoto.png

Introduction

Port Orleans French Quarter is the smaller section of the 3,056 room Port Orleans Resort complex which is situated about two miles north of the Downtown Disney area along the banks of the Disney-created Sassagoula River. The other section is Port Orleans Riverside and the entire complex was formed by the merger of the old Dixie Landings Resort and the Port Orleans Resort in March 2001.

Each section is treated as a separate hotel by Disney’s Central Reservations, and each has its own check-in area and facilities. However, guests staying at French Quarter may use all the amenities at Riverside and vice versa – including sharing all seven swimming pools. It’s just a short ten-minute riverbank walk between the two locations, or you can use the free ferry boats.

What is the layout of the resort?

Port Orleans French Quarter is a pleasantly compact resort - the smallest of Disney’s Moderate Resorts - comprising a main facilities and pool area plus seven three-story accommodation buildings of 144 rooms each (all of which have elevators). It is themed to resemble the French Quarter area of New Orleans and the buildings are all set along quaint cobblestoned streets and feature ornate railings and other New Orleans / Mardi Gras touches. French Quarter is where (as the publicity information tells us) you’ll find pear trees, oaks, myrtles and magnolias bloom, and the spirit of jazz lives on.

Port Orleans Square is main facilities building and it provides the resort’s main lobby and front desk facilities, shop, food court and bar, and the bus stop.

Doubloon Lagoon is the main feature swimming pool with a fabulous sea-serpent themed slide, hot tub and pool bar, with a nearby children’s playground. Past the pool is the boat dock where you can catch a free ferryboat to Downtown Disney or up to the Riverside resort.

http://www.portorleans.org/images/Port-Orleans-FQ-Map-Clean.gif

What types of room are available?

There are three basic room types: Standard, Water View and King Bed (the latter two being more expensive). There are no ‘preferred’ locations as such, so your room could be located anywhere on the resort.

Standard view rooms can overlook courtyards, garden areas or parking lots. Water View guarantees a view of either a pool or the Sassagoula River. Kind Bed rooms contain just one King-size bed instead of two doubles, and can be located anywhere on the resort so you could be allocated either type of view.

How much does it cost?

Room prices vary by day, season and room type, starting from $149 per night for weekdays in Value season to $215 for weekends in Holiday season. Water View and King Bed rooms cost approximately $15 extra per night, and there is also a $15 surcharge for having a third or fourth adult occupying a room. These prices are all plus 12.5% local tax.

If you book room-only with Disney you will pay a one room/night deposit in advance and the balance upon arrival. Cancellation with a full refund is possible up until six days before arrival, or 45 days for package bookings.

Some discounts, such as AAA and WDW Annual Passholder apply, but these are limited and often sell out very quickly once the rates have been released.

Can I request a particular location or room type?

Some people prefer to request particular room locations, although it is such a small resort that everywhere is within easy walking distance. If you do want to make any special requests always do so along with your initial booking. You can also try faxing or phoning the resort a few days before you arrive (no more than five days) as a reminder, but please be aware that Disney will not guarantee any locations apart from on specific medical grounds.

Generally speaking, the best locations for access to the main building and pool are buildings 2 and 5. Buildings 4 and 5 are closest to the bus stop and the food court. Some areas, such as buildings 1, 6 and 7 are a little further out and are thus the quietest sections - but all rooms are within a few minutes’ walk of the main facilities.

What facilities are in the rooms?

All rooms are approximately 314 square feet and feature two double (not Queen size) beds. Rooms containing one King bed are available for an extra charge.

Connecting doorway rooms are available, but again these are not guaranteed unless there are unaccompanied minors occupying the second room. Another often-requested option is a corner room, as these have two windows rather than one and thus tend to be brighter.

All rooms include: phone, TV, clock, small fridge (no freezer compartment), bathtub/shower, toilet, two wash basins, table & two chairs, air conditioning & ceiling fan, cabled internet access ($9.95 for 24 hours), small wall-safe, coffee maker (four-cup basket filter type, supplied with free coffee), hair dryer, iron & ironing board, clothes hanging rail.

Some disabled-access rooms are available which mostly feature one King-size bed, a roll-in shower and wheel-chair height accessible facilities such as safe, wash basin, etc.

Is smoking allowed in any of the buildings?

No, smoking is no longer permitted in any part of Walt Disney World apart from specially designated smoking areas which are clearly marked on the resort maps.

What time can I check in and can the resort store my bags?

Rooms are officially available from 3pm but you can check in at the front desk as early as you like. You may get lucky and find that a room happens to be ready earlier, or otherwise Bell Services can store your bags while you head off to enjoy the hotel facilities or the theme parks.

Check-out is by 11am, although you can request a free later check-out time (up to 1pm) as long as the room is not need urgently for other guests. Again, Bell Services will store your bags until you are ready to depart, and they also have a fridge for items which need to be kept chilled. Note: the main pool has showers, lockers and changing rooms if you want to take a dip after you have checked out.

What options are there for eating and drinking?

The Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory is the resort’s food court, resplendent with giant Mardi Gras decorations. It contains several serving stations offering various items from bakery goods to burger/chicken meals, plus a grab-and-go area for quick fresh snack items. This is where you can buy the resort’s signature “beignets”, a doughnut-like treat. Refillable mugs are available for $12.95, which you can top up at the beverage station for free for the rest of your stay.

Scat Cat’s Club offers specialty drinks, appetizers, and some great jazz entertainment from Elliot Dyson in the evenings (Wednesday-Saturday from 8.30pm).

Light snacks and drinks are also available from the Mardi Grogs pool bar.

Jackson Square Gifts and Desires is the resort’s gift shop, and apart from all the usual Disney and resort merchandise they also carry a selection of essentials plus snack items and bottled drinks, newspapers & magazines, medicines, etc.

French Quarter does not have its own table-service restaurant but just a short walk down the river you’ll find Boatwright’s Dining Hall at its sister resort of Riverside. As with all of Walt Disney World these days, advanced dining reservations are strong recommended - call (407) WDW-DINE to book up to 90 days in advance of the first day of your stay.

What about recreation facilities?

Doubloon Lagoon is French Quarter’s feature swimming pool. It is decked out with colourful Mardi Gras characters such as jazz-playing alligators (which are also water features) and a fabulous sea-serpent themed 51 ft slide where you slide right down the serpent’s tongue. There’s a separate kiddies pool, hot tub and the neighbouring Mardi Grogs pool bar if you just want to sit and have a drink. Life guards are on duty until 8pm (10pm seasonally) when the slide closes, but there are often people still swimming until well after midnight. Towels are provided free of charge and there is a towel-return bin next to the pool. There is also a children’s play area and guest-operated pay laundry facilities near to Mardi Grogs.

The South Quarter Games Arcade is located just off the main lobby.

Note: Port Orleans Riverside, just a short walk alongside the Sassagoula River, has its own feature pool and five smaller ‘quiet’ pools which may all be used by French Quarter guests. Riverside’s marina also rents out various types of powered watercraft and pedal boats/canoes, plus pedal cycles and four-wheeled ‘Surrey Bikes’. Other activities available at Riverside include fishing, a pirate riverboat excursion for the kids and a seasonal campfire with storytelling. Horse-drawn carriage rides are offered in the evenings (weather permitting) from 6pm to 9:30pm. Cost is $35 per 25-minute ride and you can make reservations at the Riverside marina, or in advance via (407) WDW PLAY.

What transportation options are there?

Port Orleans French Quarter features a single bus stop right outside the main lobby area with free Disney bus transportation to all of the Disney theme parks, water parks and the Downtown Disney area. Buses run at least every 10-20 minutes from one hour before park opening until 1.5 hours after each park closes. Note: you cannot get to the other resort hotels very easily and will need to plan enough time to change at a theme park or at Downtown Disney.

The bus service is mostly shared with Riverside, but the French Quarter stop is normally the first pick-up and the first drop-off, which makes for great bus access and less chance of having to stand. Separate services for the two resorts often run at peak times.

If you’re travelling to Downtown Disney, a much more relaxing and romantic option is the 15-minute free water taxi service which runs along the Sassagoula River every 10-20 minutes from 11:10am to 11pm. From 9:10am to 11am a local shuttle service runs between French Quarter and Riverside only.

Where can I find out more detailed information, see photos, etc?

For more information and some photos, please refer to the Port Orleans French Quarter DIS Resorts Page (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/port.htm) and the DIS Port Orleans French Quarter Photos Page (http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Port-Orleans-F/index.htm).

You could also try the unofficial Port Orleans tribute site at www.portorleans.org (http://www.portorleans.org/) which tries to answer just about any Port Orleans questions you may have - and has a ton of photos too.

There is also a fabulous Port Orleans French Quarter photo thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1849928) right here on the DIS to get you excited ready for your trip.

Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ text and photo (c) Andre Willey 2008, 2009. Used here by permission.

andrewilley
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
The previous (2004) DISboards Port Orleans French Quarter FAQ Thread can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=530340

If you're interested in the other half of the resort, the current DISboards Port Orleans Riverside FAQ Thread can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

Andre

Twinkly-Tink
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
What a fantastic thread!!

I'm sure I'll be making use of this over the coming months for our first stay onsite at POFQ - can't wait :yay: :cool1: :yay: :cool1: :yay: :cool1:

Magalex
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Great! A new thread on POFQ! We loved CBR in 2007 and I know it is now renovated. But we do like to enjoy different resorts so it might be POFQ in June 2009. Plus we might add on the Water Park and More option so it will be nice to be close to DisneyQuest and Typhoon Lagoon. Can't wait to read more reviews and any insight about this resort:)

Magical JenK
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Just got back from a stay at SSR & booked POFQ for BB Sept 2009! We LOVE POFQ, so it will be nice to be back!!

edcrbnsoul
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah! Good Job Andrewilley. Glad to see the POFQ now has a new FAQ page.

Lou-Ann
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
What a superb job you have done making this site. i am so glad I visited and shell be here frequently as we LOVE POFQ. :goodvibes

merryg
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Great job. Looks wonderful. I can hardly wait to get there!!!! Not much longer now!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :banana:

frankenpooh
10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the thread! We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time in January. I love Riverside but can't wait to try FQ ...

simonkodousek
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the great thread! :thumbsup2

Now I must ask a question; if we choose to stay at POFQ for our next trip to WDW, is it possible to get connecting rooms, but one with a king bed and one with two doubles? Our family of four (two adults, two teens) is starting to outgrow the deluxe rooms, and would really like to take advantage of separate spaces for approximately the same or less overall cost. Could anybody shed some light on this? :confused3

Thanks! :wizard:

andrewilley
10-06-2008, 06:07 PM

Now I must ask a question; if we choose to stay at POFQ for our next trip to WDW, is it possible to get connecting rooms, but one with a king bed and one with two doubles?

Glad everyone likes the new FAQ.

Yes, I think it's possible to get connecting rooms between a King and a Double - but remember that you're not even guaranteed to get connecting rooms at all, let alone specific types. Can't do any harm to ask though!

Andre

AliceinHalloweentown
10-06-2008, 06:11 PM

Now I must ask a question; if we choose to stay at POFQ for our next trip to WDW, is it possible to get connecting rooms, but one with a king bed and one with two doubles? Our family of four (two adults, two teens) is starting to outgrow the deluxe rooms, and would really like to take advantage of separate spaces for approximately the same or less overall cost. Could anybody shed some light on this? :confused3

Thanks! :wizard:

This is the set-up we had back in June- but we had requested a handicap room for a member in our party, which is why we got a King and 2 Doubles.

INmomto2
10-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Do they have corner rooms with two beds? TIA;)

tinkerrn
10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Do you know where the handicapped rooms are at POFQ? Are they closer to the bus stop and food court? Trying to decide if I need to request one for my mother.

Stacybaeasm
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the new thread! I stay at POFQ in less than a week:woohoo: I haven't stayed here before and I am very excited to try it out. I'll post some thoughts when (IF) I return.

AliceinHalloweentown
10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Do you know where the handicapped rooms are at POFQ? Are they closer to the bus stop and food court? Trying to decide if I need to request one for my mother.

Ours was the first floor of Building Three. Right next to the service area, but also right next to the main building, and a short distance to our car and to the food court.

andrewilley
10-07-2008, 05:02 AM
Do they have corner rooms with two beds? TIA;)

Sure - most of the rooms have two beds, in fact.

Andre

miprender
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Andre - great new thread.:thumbsup2 You did a great job:goodvibes

kid-at-heart
10-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for moving "us". Great job!

Kate

wezee
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
From our experience......the corner rooms are king bed rooms.

Thanks for the new thread. We were there 2 weeks ago and I'm already homesick for the FQ. This thread may help pass the time until our next trip in Oct. of 2009.

Gotta have my weekly POFQ fix!!:thumbsup2

PNO4TE
10-11-2008, 07:38 AM
How exciting to see that you made a new thread, andrewilley! We just switched our Christmas reservations to POFQ and I needed to see some updated information. Thanks so much. I have to say I enjoy your website too. Well done! ;)

PNO4TE
10-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the new thread! I stay at POFQ in less than a week:woohoo: I haven't stayed here before and I am very excited to try it out. I'll post some thoughts when (IF) I return.

I know you will like it! We do. I have a request for you, please. Would you take a peek in the area near Scat Cat's Lounge and see if there is still a piano there? It was in this general area, to the left of the tables, a few years ago when we were there:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n8/disneyfan61/Disney07004-1.jpg

BTW - I copied this picture from the POFQ pictures thread. Hopefully the original poster won't mind. :goodvibes

CarolinaBlue
10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
From our experience......the corner rooms are king bed rooms.

We had a corner room in May and it had 2 double beds. It was in building 2 on the first floor.

hill6
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
my mom has mobility issues (can't walk far). I did note that on our reservation to be near the bus and food court. What building would you think would be the best?

Survivor:Disney
10-11-2008, 02:31 PM
We are staying for the first time this Dec and I was wondering if there is a separate bus for each park or if you just get on the one bus that makes a round trip by each park.

Generally, how long does it take to reach the parks from POFQ? Will it be easy to come back to the room during the day for naps?

Thanks!
(Hope this is the right place to ask!!)
:flower3:

Lou-Ann
10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
I, too, have mobility issues and have stayed there three times in building three where they have some lovely handicapped rooms. I have had no problems. Fact is, however, unless she needs the roll in shower and handicapped Johnnie, anywhere at POFQ will do as it is such a small resort.

andrewilley
10-12-2008, 05:17 AM
We are staying for the first time this Dec and I was wondering if there is a separate bus for each park or if you just get on the one bus that makes a round trip by each park.

Generally, how long does it take to reach the parks from POFQ? Will it be easy to come back to the room during the day for naps?

There's a separate bus for each park (although the water parks do share - TL with Downtown Disney buses, and BB with Animal Kingdom buses). The buses often go from POFQ to do some pickups at Riverside first, before then heading on to their destinations. Not always though, at busier times there will be dedicated buses.

The journey time from leaving the resorts varies from 10 to 20 mins depending on the park (Epcot is closest, AK furthest).

Andre

hill6
10-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I, too, have mobility issues and have stayed there three times in building three where they have some lovely handicapped rooms. I have had no problems. Fact is, however, unless she needs the roll in shower and handicapped Johnnie, anywhere at POFQ will do as it is such a small resort.

Ok Thanks. She doesn't need a handicapped room but she does have breathing issues.

TigerKat
10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Can anyone help me? We've never stayed at POFQ before and I'm trying to figure out the best way for us to get to dinner at both the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club. I've been searching tor a transportation guide and can't seem to find it.:confused3

ETA: We will not have a car, relying on Disney transportation or cab service.

ThisMomLuvsDisney
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
:goodvibes This is a great thread for information and keeping connected to my favorite resort, Thank you Very Much for a job well done :thumbsup2

Pixie Dust and Wishes for All pixiedust:

andrewilley
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Can anyone help me? We've never stayed at POFQ before and I'm trying to figure out the best way for us to get to dinner at both the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club. I've been searching tor a transportation guide and can't seem to find it.

There are lots of ways to do this, but using Disney transportation all require a change of bus (so allow at least double the time you'd expect for the journey - an hour should be OK).

For GF, I'd get the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get one of the small ferry boats from the dock located on the left just before you get to the monorail station. If there's no boat in sight, the monorail might be a quicker option but remember that it's the fourth stop.

For the Yacht Club... you could get a bus to Epcot and walk through the park to the International Gateway between UK and France, then walk over to the YC (quite a lot of walking). You could also get the bus to Studios and then either walk from there or get another bus over to the YC if you don't fancy the walk.

Andre

PNO4TE
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Can anyone help me? We've never stayed at POFQ before and I'm trying to figure out the best way for us to get to dinner at both the Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club. I've been searching tor a transportation guide and can't seem to find it.:confused3

ETA: We will not have a car, relying on Disney transportation or cab service.

Andrewilley gave you excellent advice on WDW transportation. For meals I would use a cab, I think. Mears has a link on their website that will allow you to get an estimate of what the ride would cost.

TigerKat
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
There are lots of ways to do this, but using Disney transportation all require a change of bus (so allow at least double the time you'd expect for the journey - an hour should be OK).

For GF, I'd get the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get one of the small ferry boats from the dock located on the left just before you get to the monorail station. If there's no boat in sight, the monorail might be a quicker option but remember that it's the fourth stop.

For the Yacht Club... you could get a bus to Epcot and walk through the park to the International Gateway between UK and France, then walk over to the YC (quite a lot of walking). You could also get the bus to Studios and then either walk from there or get another bus over to the YC if you don't fancy the walk.

Andre

Andrewilley gave you excellent advice on WDW transportation. For meals I would use a cab, I think. Mears has a link on their website that will allow you to get an estimate of what the ride would cost.

Thank you both very much!! Speaking of walks, lol, does POFQ have a work out room?

PNO4TE
10-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you both very much!! Speaking of walks, lol, does POFQ have a work out room?

nope! but the walk from POFQ to POR at a brisk pace ought to work out just fine! :thumbsup2

TigerKat
10-15-2008, 06:08 AM
nope! but the walk from POFQ to POR at a brisk pace ought to work out just fine! :thumbsup2

Thanks, you're right!!:)

Mozart
10-21-2008, 04:58 PM
We're staying at POFQ in a few weeks, and our EMH just got changed on us, so instead of being at the club to watch Elliott Dyson on Thursday, we will have our free night on Friday.

My question is - Does Elliott play on Friday night?

ruthma
10-21-2008, 05:45 PM
HERE IS HIS SCHEDULE

http://www.elliotdyson.com/PO.htm

buckler
10-27-2008, 10:12 PM
We will be staying at POFQ this weekend. On Halloween we are considering taking the kids to Boardwalk. I believe they have some good Halloween festivities there in the evening. What would be the best way to get from POFQ to Boardwalk? Should we drive or take the bus?

We know Downtown Disney also has trick or treating but I thought it would be more crowded than Boardwalk.

Thanks!

GenieCat
10-31-2008, 02:39 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Orleans_Riverside#French_Quarter

I had an occasion to check out the POFQ listing on Wikipedia. While mostly accurate, the first outside link points to Intercot. There is no mention of The Dis. What's wrong :confused3 with this picture?

andrewilley
11-01-2008, 06:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Orleans_Riverside#French_Quarter
There is no mention of The Dis. What's wrong :confused3 with this picture?

I assume you have added one, as there's a wdwinfo link now.

Andre

tinkerrn
11-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Just back from 3 fantastic nights at POFQ. We had room 5102, which is right across from the hot tub. It was just a few steps from the food court. We thought it would be the perfect place for a romantic vacation. The resort just ooozzed charm and southern hospitality. This is my favorite moderate by far! We ate a bushel of beignets...those things are soooo addictive! we also ordered a pizza one night; it wasn't bad at all. The boat ride to DTD was great and was the beautiful walk over to POR.

Lou-Ann
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
So glad you had a great time. My hubby and I love this resort as well.

PNO4TE
11-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Just back from 3 fantastic nights at POFQ. We had room 5102, which is right across from the hot tub. It was just a few steps from the food court. We thought it would be the perfect place for a romantic vacation. The resort just ooozzed charm and southern hospitality. This is my favorite moderate by far! We ate a bushel of beignets...those things are soooo addictive! we also ordered a pizza one night; it wasn't bad at all. The boat ride to DTD was great and was the beautiful walk over to POR.

I am glad you all had such a great time! It is also our favorite moderate!

Did you spend any time at Scat Cat's lounge? I am very much looking forward to that next month when we are there.

skipperkim
11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know if there is a TV in the lounge at Scat Cats? I can't remember and lord forbid that DBF miss the Big XII Championship game. It's bad enough he'll miss the KU-MU game.

I Love Pluto
11-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Great job, Andrewilley! Thank you! I can't wait for July to get here!

SereneOne
11-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Subscribing!

jslbjc
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Subscribing.
Can't wait for are week at POFQ in May

andrewilley
11-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Can I ask a question in my own FAQ thread I wonder? :)

Is there anyone here who visited Port Orleans (i.e. the original resort, now called French Quarter) prior to around 1998? I'm trying to track down anyone who might have a copy of the Sassagoula Times "newspaper" handout which was given out at the front desk when you checked in - that's the big 8-page tabloid-sized newspaper.

I've got the Dixie Landings edition, but I was wondering whether the old Port Orleans version was any different - and especially whether it contains any extra backstory on Port Orleans beyond what's mentioned in the Dixie Landings one.

Can anyone help?

Andre

grover
11-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know..is the internet in the rooms wireless or do they have cables?

PNO4TE
11-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know..is the internet in the rooms wireless or do they have cables?

They have cables I do believe! It is high speed, but connected, not wireless.

DisneyBride'03
11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi all! And Elin:)

After the last 3 days of number crunching etc....lol I have decided we will finallystay at POFQ!
We got the best deal with teh 4/3 offer even though we are just staying 5 nights.
Looking forward to hearing about recent stays and information on the French Quarter!

skipperkim
11-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Can I ask a question in my own FAQ thread I wonder? :)

Is there anyone here who visited Port Orleans (i.e. the original resort, now called French Quarter) prior to around 1998? I'm trying to track down anyone who might have a copy of the Sassagoula Times "newspaper" handout which was given out at the front desk when you checked in - that's the big 8-page tabloid-sized newspaper.

I've got the Dixie Landings edition, but I was wondering whether the old Port Orleans version was any different - and especially whether it contains any extra backstory on Port Orleans beyond what's mentioned in the Dixie Landings one.

Can anyone help?

Andre

I don't have one, but I'm certain it's okay for you to ask a question in your own forum. Do you think you could get one of the moderators to add it this to the Resort FAQ?

Magalex
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM

After the last 3 days of number crunching etc....lol I have decided we will finallystay at POFQ!
We got the best deal with teh 4/3 offer even though we are just staying 5 nights.
Looking forward to hearing about recent stays and information on the French Quarter!

Same here for us! We booked the 4/3 offer also. I was thinking about a deluxe but I decided to stick with our original choice POFQ. So for the next 6 months I demand:laughing: to hear everything positive and wonderful about POFQ:wizard:

DisneyBride'03
11-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I thought going the deluxe route as well, even had AKL booked for a few hours..lol...originally had CSR CL (opens Jan 09)...but then I wanted the most oout of this trip (DDP, $200 gift card;)..)
POFQ fit the bill!
Why pay an extra $112 to have a preferred location/water view..and POFQ you cant go wrong with location! (after friends' advice and research)...we originally had this booked for our FTW and familymoon in 2003!!
But then got the call..(Sorry , have to move, planning a refurb!) I still recall we had 2 rooms booked..(this was pre Dis for me) at $150 each!!!!! lol

PNO4TE
11-09-2008, 07:10 PM

:wave2: Hi, Diana! I hope you all like it as much as we do!

pamouselover
11-11-2008, 01:25 PM
subbing so I can read when I get home from work!:goodvibes

HilsNPaul
11-11-2008, 03:28 PM
We are going to POFQ for our honeymoon. We are super excited about it!

shortchange1026
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
They have cables I do believe! It is high speed, but connected, not wireless.

We just got back last week. There was a bag hanging on one of the hangers in the closet by the sinks and it had a internet cable in it.

Anyone who stays here will love it..we had a great time. I've stayed there before and this was my DH's second stay here and he won't stay anywhere else! (Unless next time we can save up enough money to stay at the GL! :rotfl: )

TigerKat
11-11-2008, 03:48 PM
We are at POFQ right now and can't really say that we are entirely happy. The 8 lb molding around the light fixture above the desk in our room fell on my head two days ago. Thank God I have a hard head. Seriously we called management and their exact words were " And what exactly is it you want us to do". Um just come and see what we're talking about....:rolleyes1

The bus service has been great leaving the resort but two days in a row we waited 45 minutes at the parks for one Port Orleans bus to show up while seeing at least 2 or 3 for every other resort go by.

LOVE the size of the resort, the lounge, food court and especially the boat ride to Downtown Disney.:goodvibes

PNO4TE
11-11-2008, 08:36 PM
We are at POFQ right now and can't really say that we are entirely happy. The 8 lb molding around the light fixture above the desk in our room fell on my head two days ago. Thank God I have a hard head. Seriously we called management and their exact words were " And what exactly is it you want us to do". Um just come and see what we're talking about....:rolleyes1

The bus service has been great leaving the resort but two days in a row we waited 45 minutes at the parks for one Port Orleans bus to show up while seeing at least 2 or 3 for every other resort go by.

LOVE the size of the resort, the lounge, food court and especially the boat ride to Downtown Disney.:goodvibes

I would have expected someone to come to the room for something that major too!

As long as you are there and have been to the lounge. I have a question that has been burning a hole in my "pocket" for the past few months and no one has seemed to be able to answer:

"Is there still a piano in the lounge area?" I am particularly interested in if it is a Yamaha disklavier piano with a disk drive on/in it. Thanks for taking the time to notice and respond. :goodvibes

TigerKat
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
"Is there still a piano in the lounge area?" I am particularly interested in if it is a Yamaha disklavier piano with a disk drive on/in it. Thanks for taking the time to notice and respond. :goodvibes

I don't remember seeing one but we're going back either tomorrow night or the next night and I'll double check.:)

PNO4TE
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't remember seeing one but we're going back either tomorrow night or the next night and I'll double check.:)

Thanks bunches!! :)

andrewilley
11-12-2008, 04:48 AM

Could you also check to see if there are TVs in the bar, as someone else asked a while ago? I while I'm pretty sure there are, I couldn't be certain. Thanks!

Hope your head is feeling better now, did they resolve the issue for you and apologise properly?

Andre

Charleyann
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

pamouselover
11-12-2008, 08:48 AM
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I think that is with every resort heading back from the parks. We have experienced that at both ASmo and CBR. What building are you in, and how is the walk from the room to the bus stop? Is POFQ picked up first, then PORS?
We will be here in just 49 days!:cool1:

Lou-Ann
11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
If I were you, I would make a point of letting the MANAGER know what happened in the room. I am as concedrned about the attitude of the cast member as much as the falling object. She needs to know which of her staff is not responding in the Disney way. I understand the manager there is a lovely lady. I am sure she will want to take care of this. Good luck and let us know the results.

grover
11-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow..that could have some serious consequences having something fall on your head like that!

TigerKat
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Is there still a piano in the lounge area?" I am particularly interested in if it is a Yamaha disklavier piano with a disk drive on/in it. Thanks for taking the time to notice and respond. :goodvibes

It's there and it is exactly the one you described!

Could you also check to see if there are TVs in the bar, as someone else asked a while ago? I while I'm pretty sure there are, I couldn't be certain. Thanks!

Hope your head is feeling better now, did they resolve the issue for you and apologise properly?

Andre

I know for sure there is at least one TV in the bar. DH says there were two, I can check if you like.

What building are you in, and how is the walk from the room to the bus stop? Is POFQ picked up first, then PORS?
We will be here in just 49 days!:cool1:

We are in Bldg 3, short walk to bus, boat, pool, lounge/food court. I actually underestimated just how small this resort is. I don't think it is possible to have a long walk to anything!

The bus situation as far as POFQ/POR seems to vary each day and with each park. Some days we are picked up/dropped off first, others we are second. We've even had separate buses for POFQ and POR!

brittsmum1998
11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm subscribing...we will be there over New Years and I haven't spent more than a night or two there in a few years (due to DVC) so I'm curious.

pamouselover
11-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm subscribing...we will be there over New Years and I haven't spent more than a night or two there in a few years (due to DVC) so I'm curious.

We will be there too. What are your dates? Ours are Dec. 31st-Jan.7th!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
11-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Subscribing! :goodvibes

We are spending 6 nights/7 days at POR from January 10th to the 16th. Our first trip to Disney :banana: !

jsoren11
11-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Anyone here ever stay in the adjoining rooms at POFQ? got pics?

brittsmum1998
11-12-2008, 09:06 PM
We will be there too. What are your dates? Ours are Dec. 31st-Jan.7th!

We are December 27th to January 2nd. We are going to spend New Years Eve at Epcot.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were to get all those nights together. I only booked last week after trying for 2 days straight. I was willing to switch mid vacation, sleep on the pool chairs, I didn't care :rotfl: . When DH says lets go to Disney, he doesn't have to tell me twice lol.

We had been butting heads for a while...he wanted to use points (I said no way too high) I wanted to use cash...and well he's CHEAP but he finally "blinked" first.

PNO4TE
11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
It's there and it is exactly the one you described!

Kathy... You just made my night! Chances are they will play Christmas music that was recorded by 2 friends of mine on that thing in the mornings and I can sit there with my coffee and book and read until I want to go into the parks or my DH and DDs wake up!

http://bestsmileys.com/kissing2/3.gif

PNO4TE
11-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone here ever stay in the adjoining rooms at POFQ? got pics?

We have stayed in adjoining rooms there, but don't have pictures. What did you want to know?

DanceRC28
11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Can't wait to visit PO- FQ...this will be the first mod stay for DH and I and probably our last visit as a married couple w/out kids, we absolutely cannot wait for our stay!!! :cool1:

pamouselover
11-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi, we are spending NYE resort hoping and DTD, since that is are arrival day and we wont fly in till after 12 noon. Maybe I see you there!:thumbsup2

We are December 27th to January 2nd. We are going to spend New Years Eve at Epcot.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were to get all those nights together. I only booked last week after trying for 2 days straight. I was willing to switch mid vacation, sleep on the pool chairs, I didn't care :rotfl: . When DH says lets go to Disney, he doesn't have to tell me twice lol.

We had been butting heads for a while...he wanted to use points (I said no way too high) I wanted to use cash...and well he's CHEAP but he finally "blinked" first.

pamouselover
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Does POFQ have microwaves in the food court that you can use? I only ask because if so I want to pack cups and tea bags,sugar etc. for my morning cup of tea.

jsoren11
11-13-2008, 11:30 PM
We have stayed in adjoining rooms there, but don't have pictures. What did you want to know?

Im just interested in the space of the room comapred to a non adjoining room. Where the door is with reference to the window and beds. are the headboards on the door wall or not. If we have a roll away, is there room with the door still able to open?

andrewilley
11-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Im just interested in the space of the room comapred to a non adjoining room. Where the door is with reference to the window and beds. are the headboards on the door wall or not. If we have a roll away, is there room with the door still able to open?

The internal door opens inwards (in both rooms - it's actually two doors, one behind the other, for security so each room can lock their own side). The doorway is located next to the beds - just where a rollaway would go, so I guess it'd be a bit tricky to open/close the door with the bed made up.

You'd put the bed in the space where it says Trundle Bed in the plan below (the next-door room would be a mirror image of this one):

http://www.portorleans.org/images/Port-Orleans-Resort-Room-Layout.png

Andre

happymommy
11-14-2008, 03:49 AM
Hi, All!

I just booked PORFQ for the first time. We've always stayed in Deluxe, villa, or the Swan/Dolphin. It will be our first moderate, but this place looks nice and I heard it's quiet and smaller than some resorts.

First thing - as far as your tea, can you use the coffee pot in the room? I do that at home (for the poster asking about a microwave). I personally have to have my coffee first thing!

Also, the cast member that booked the package for me said they don't have rollaways. I was considering an aerobed twin size so my kids don't have to sleep together. Do they have rollaways? Seems to be conflicting answers.

I was excited - got the free dining package, and our room was still a big discount - used my Disney Visa!

Any other advice for staying here? I am really looking forward to this!

andrewilley
11-14-2008, 05:54 AM
I think you'll like POFQ, as long as you don't expect room-service, turn-downs, etc! :)

I've heard from others that you can indeed use the coffee pot to get hot enough water for tea, but my DW says it's not ideal because the water doesn't get to fully boiling (we're Brits, tea-making is our thing, humour us :) ). If you want your tea made with fully boling water, pop over to the food court and get some from the dispenser there - but many people seem happy enough to use the coffee makers.

The bed issue may be a naming thing, perhaps they thought you were asking about a trundle bed? (i.e. the ones in Riverside Alligator Bayou, which 'roll away' under the main bed). You should be able to get a fold-up type bed on wheels - or least they definitely have them for the Riverside Mansion Buildings, so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange if you need one.

Andre

happymommy
11-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks - I'll call about the rollaway bed. Sounds nicer than an aerobed.

I have done this (please no flames, I know it's not really allowed, and I am SUPER careful) but brought a little $10 hot pot with me on trips before. It gets water to a rolling boil very quickly (thus the need to be careful and make sure it's fully cooled off afterwards). It's just a little pot, we have used it to make ramen for a quick snack for the kids. They like it, and sometimes you just want some hot soup. You can pick them up at lots of discount stores.

andrewilley
11-14-2008, 09:51 AM
We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits :) ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

Andre

TigerKat
11-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Kathy... You just made my night! Chances are they will play Christmas music that was recorded by 2 friends of mine on that thing in the mornings and I can sit there with my coffee and book and read until I want to go into the parks or my DH and DDs wake up!

I'm so glad I could help! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Does POFQ have microwaves in the food court that you can use? I only ask because if so I want to pack cups and tea bags,sugar etc. for my morning cup of tea.

Yes they do.:goodvibes

pamouselover
11-15-2008, 12:00 PM
The internal door opens inwards (in both rooms - it's actually two doors, one behind the other, for security so each room can lock their own side). The doorway is located next to the beds - just where a rollaway would go, so I guess it'd be a bit tricky to open/close the door with the bed made up.

You'd put the bed in the space where it says Trundle Bed in the plan below (the next-door room would be a mirror image of this one):

http://www.portorleans.org/images/Port-Orleans-Resort-Room-Layout.png

Andre
Do all rooms have the trundle bed? If not do you have top ay extra for it?
I think you'll like POFQ, as long as you don't expect room-service, turn-downs, etc! :)

I've heard from others that you can indeed use the coffee pot to get hot enough water for tea, but my DW says it's not ideal because the water doesn't get to fully boiling (we're Brits, tea-making is our thing, humour us :) ). If you want your tea made with fully boling water, pop over to the food court and get some from the dispenser there - but many people seem happy enough to use the coffee makers.

The bed issue may be a naming thing, perhaps they thought you were asking about a trundle bed? (i.e. the ones in Riverside Alligator Bayou, which 'roll away' under the main bed). You should be able to get a fold-up type bed on wheels - or least they definitely have them for the Riverside Mansion Buildings, so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange if you need one.

Andre

Thanks - I'll call about the rollaway bed. Sounds nicer than an aerobed.

I have done this (please no flames, I know it's not really allowed, and I am SUPER careful) but brought a little $10 hot pot with me on trips before. It gets water to a rolling boil very quickly (thus the need to be careful and make sure it's fully cooled off afterwards). It's just a little pot, we have used it to make ramen for a quick snack for the kids. They like it, and sometimes you just want some hot soup. You can pick them up at lots of discount stores.

We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits :) ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

Andre

Thanks, I have tried to use the cooffe pot in the rooms before, for my tea. It taste awful. :scared: I could be brittish I :love: my tea. We do have a hot shot, that I won at a christmas party last year. :idea: I dont know if we will be able to pack it, due to flying. But I will try. Thanks

andrewilley
11-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Do all rooms have the trundle bed? If not do you have top ay extra for it?

Only the Riverside Alligator Bayou Rooms have trundle beds, not French Quarter. There's no extra charge for them.

Andre

pwdebbie
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM

There is hot water as well as teabags at the food court. Unless you prefer a flavored tea, you don't need to bring along your teabags and sugar. I used my resort mug for my tea each morning.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

conny264
11-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello
I have a question and hope somebody can help me.
At what time does the Foodcourt opens in the morning.
I checked Allearsnet and itīs the only foodcourt without any times.

Thanks in advance
Conny

andrewilley
11-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Foodcourt should be open 6am-midnight, but not sure if all breakfast options are available at 6am (certainly at Riverside, only bakery items are available before 7am, and the selection is similarly limited to bakery and pizza/pasta after 11pm).

Andre

Mozart
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Just got back from a few nights at POFQ combines with a trip on the cruise line. POFQ is excellent, with my only complaint being that the doors to the rooms really need to be repainted. If they're going for the beaten up French Quarter look, they're doing a really good job. It's weird, though. Only the white doors look horrible, all the ones that are colored look almost brand new.

Andre: I remember from the Scat Cat Lounge that there are definitely 2 tv's in there. If you're sitting at the bar facing Elliott Dyson there is one on each side of the room. I remember because I was watching the football games at the same time.

jsoren11
11-18-2008, 11:26 PM
:confused3 What are the busses like from POFQ in the AM? Is there a character breakfast bus we can get to MK, Contemporary and AK? Does it stop at POFQ first? Is it crowded usually in Feb?
Thanks in advance

lucas
11-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Is there a FAQ thread for POR Riverside? I can't find it.

caryrae
11-19-2008, 11:50 AM
Is there a FAQ thread for POR Riverside? I can't find it.

Here ya go. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

lucas
11-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Here ya go. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1920531

:thanks:

soupercb
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi all

This is a great forum. We just booked our first trip back to WDW in 6 years after getting sidetracked with cruises. I'm so excited to be going back!

My question is, when we were there and stayed at POFQ the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. Have they changed them at all? I sure hope so!

Thanks for your help.

TigerKat
11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi all

This is a great forum. We just booked our first trip back to WDW in 6 years after getting sidetracked with cruises. I'm so excited to be going back!

My question is, when we were there and stayed at POFQ the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. Have they changed them at all? I sure hope so!

Thanks for your help.

Just got back and the beds were very comfortable!:goodvibes

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
We are back from our third stay at POFQ, have stayed at Riverside 5 times. Love them both. I'll post some pics here a little at a time. Here are a few from this past weekend. We were in building 4, 3rd floor.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0f8d3485200000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0ed1e893d00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f068a3486a00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

note the bounceback clock on table.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0a52b081c00000040O12Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f164b5683600000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

ruthma
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
We are back from our third stay at POFQ, have stayed at Riverside 5 times. Love them both. I'll post some pics here a little at a time. Here are a few from this past weekend. We were in building 4, 3rd floor.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0f8d3485200000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0ed1e893d00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f068a3486a00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

note the bounceback clock on table.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0a52b081c00000040O12Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D1/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f164b5683600000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

What was the bouceback that they were offering?

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-21-2008, 08:04 AM
a few more pics. These are in the foodcourt:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f135fd28ce00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f01f65893f00000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0b32a081600000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

The price of the 3 and 6 piece serving of Beignets had gone up since our visit in March.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0de15c9b700000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I'll post more later.

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-21-2008, 08:06 AM
What was the bouceback that they were offering?

20% off rack rates at Value resorts; 30% off rack rates at Moderate and Deluxe resorts; or 40% off rack rates at DVC/Deluxe Villa resorts.

The dates were 12/14/08-12/20/08, 1/4/09-1/8/09, 1/11/09-1/15/09, 1/25/09-2/12/09, 3/1/09-3/14/09, 5/31/09-6/6/09, and 8/23/09-10/2/09.

I think this is right.

ruthma
11-21-2008, 08:09 AM
20% off rack rates at Value resorts; 30% off rack rates at Moderate and Deluxe resorts; or 40% off rack rates at DVC/Deluxe Villa resorts.

The dates were 12/14/08-12/20/08, 1/4/09-1/8/09, 1/11/09-1/15/09, 1/25/09-2/12/09, 3/1/09-3/14/09, 5/31/09-6/6/09, and 8/23/09-10/2/09.

I think this is right.

Thanks...I will be there in 23 days. I will see what they are offering then..:cutie:

caryrae
11-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Man I can't wait to stay at POFQ next year. We are doing a split stay and were going to do CSR and CR but the CR was just to much so we decided to try CSR and POFQ. We have never stayed in either and have only stayed at POP and ASMovies or off site before so we are really excited but we still have 308 days til then, which is OK since it gives us time to pay off the Resorts and save money.

merryg
11-21-2008, 10:19 AM
those pics are great, BibbidiBobbidiBOO. :thumbsup2 I will be checking in POFQ this time next week. :cool1: :cool1:

The pictures make me wish it were right now....:lmao:

MerryG

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks, have a great time for those that are going soon!
Here are a few more for now:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f05fcd89b700000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f129eca9e100000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f04ef8482200000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f12c7768d000000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f1ac94e94300000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-21-2008, 11:48 AM
leaving pool area side entrance:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f02639c9e700000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

one of the little storage buildings:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f142bbe91b00000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f11a1fe99300000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Side corner of Bld 5 near river
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f1fc8d684200000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Down in the courtyard area near Bld 1
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0e1ab08be00000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0fa85c93500000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-22-2008, 06:46 AM
a few more and I will stop. Was getting dark and cloudy Sat. evening on our walk around FQ:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f16d2d283200000050O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f1a806e9d300000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0c880c92900000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Our building section:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f1f01f68d600000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8cf39b3127ccec5f0640948c600000040O02Abs27Ns2cMQ e3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

andrewilley
11-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Nice pics, thanks for posting.

I didn't know about the cycle rental kiosk at POFQ, I thought they only did that from Riverside - what can you get from there?

Andre

jeanylaser
11-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I can't wait to stay in the POFQ!

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-24-2008, 01:29 PM

I didn't know about the cycle rental kiosk at POFQ, I thought they only did that from Riverside - what can you get from there?

Andre

I did not notice it open while we were there. Maybe it is seasonal? We have only rented from POR when we stay there.

kaffinito
11-24-2008, 04:41 PM

Andre

The kiosk is not open. The sign on the corner of the kiosk says that if you want to rent something to go to POR for rentals. I kept thinking that maybe it was a return place of some kind, but never saw it open. :)

andrewilley
11-25-2008, 02:06 AM
The kiosk is not open. The sign on the corner of the kiosk says that if you want to rent something to go to POR for rentals. I kept thinking that maybe it was a return place of some kind, but never saw it open. :)

How odd as there are cycles parked outside it. As you say, maybe a return place these days?

Andre

jsoren11
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
has anyone ever done the 4 person bike with three others? is it hard to ride? is it fun?
how about the sea raycers from POR, how late can you drive these things on the river? is it a blast? any info / pics would be cool..

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
11-25-2008, 12:09 PM
has anyone ever done the 4 person bike with three others? is it hard to ride? is it fun?

We did this a couple years ago. We are a family of 4 and the kids were about 15 and 11. It was really fun. Was not to hard to do, a nice workout though. They let us have it longer than the amount of time we paid for though. I have some pics somewhere, not sure if I will get them up anytime soon.

jeanylaser
11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the info!

pamelasu1
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Hello POFQ fans!

I am so excited that I will have my first moderate stay ever at POFQ 1/31-2/7! I can't wait! It will be just DD10 and myself. I would like to know opinions on the following things to do at POFQ. Please let me know what you thought of them and if you think we should try to experience all or some of them! Thanks!

1. Elliot Dyson (sax guy) @ Scat Cat's
2. Yee Ha Bob (piano guy) @ River Roost POR
3. Campfire @ POR
4. Carriage ride @ POR

Feel free to add anything else that you think we should absolutey not miss at POFQ!

Thanks much for your advice!!!

Pam :)

andrewilley
11-27-2008, 01:26 PM
To be honest, they're all fun, and only the carriage ride actually costs any money, so why not have a go at all of them if you've got time? Both of the musician acts are family friendly, so you won't have any trouble taking a 10 year old. The campfire will be operating when you are there, it's free apart from maybe buying a smores kit. All three are free for you to drop in for as long or short as you want.

The carriage ride is lovely, but costs $35 for a half-hour ride. Best to book it in advance.

For more info on all of these, see www.portorleans.org?sub_rec_recreation.htm (http://www.portorleans.org?sub_rec_recreation.htm).

Andre

PNO4TE
11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Hello POFQ fans!

I am so excited that I will have my first moderate stay ever at POFQ 1/31-2/7! I can't wait! It will be just DD10 and myself. I would like to know opinions on the following things to do at POFQ. Please let me know what you thought of them and if you think we should try to experience all or some of them! Thanks!

1. Elliot Dyson (sax guy) @ Scat Cat's
2. Yee Ha Bob (piano guy) @ River Roost POR
3. Campfire @ POR
4. Carriage ride @ POR

Feel free to add anything else that you think we should absolutey not miss at POFQ!

Thanks much for your advice!!!

We have enjoyed both Elliot and Bob in the past! Plan to spend some time with both of them next month again. DH and I are scheduled to do the carriage ride in about 3 weeks. I will let you know what we think when we return. We have never done the Campfire and don't plan to do it on this upcoming trip either. :)

pamouselover
11-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Where can I get more info on these acts, was not planning on going to scat cats,but now it sounds liek a fun time.
Great photos also, thanks for sharing. 33 days we will be at POFQ!

PNO4TE
11-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Where can I get more info on these acts, was not planning on going to scat cats,but now it sounds liek a fun time.
Great photos also, thanks for sharing. 33 days we will be at POFQ!

http://www.elliotdyson.com/

http://yehaabob.com/

jeanylaser
11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Do we make reservations to the Scat Cat or to walk in! Please tell me!

TigerKat
11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh, no reservations for Scat Cat, just walk in, sit down and enjoy!:thumbsup2

jeanylaser
11-28-2008, 02:20 PM
thank you for the info! Scat Cat is free is it! So you can walk in!

Nancyg56
11-28-2008, 03:22 PM
thank you for the info! Scat Cat is free is it! So you can walk in!

This is a fun little lounge!

wifey
11-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Do they still serve hot food?
We are hoping that the cutbacks don't interfere too much with the great talented folks who perform at the hotels. We would love to visit Scat Cats when we stay next September.

Minnie&Nana
11-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Last time we were there (August) they still had hot food, but we know how quickly things can change at a Disney resort!

Scat Cats/ Elliot is wonderful!

jeanylaser
11-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to hear her blues music at the Scat Cat! for my birthday! what time is the Scat Cat open?

SherriLynn44
12-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I just booked our honeymoon at POFQ! This will the first time at Disney for both of us and we are so excited. It sounds like we made the perfect choice for our resort! June can't come fast enough...

PNO4TE
12-03-2008, 08:08 PM
I just booked our honeymoon at POFQ! This will the first time at Disney for both of us and we are so excited. It sounds like we made the perfect choice for our resort! June can't come fast enough...

Congrats! :thumbsup2

jeanylaser
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I can't wait to stay in the POFQ! This will be awesome! for January for my birthday!

wdwdreamin
12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
We'll be there tomorrow!!

jeanylaser
12-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't hardly wait to stay in Port Orleans French Quarter! I hope that hotel has refrigerator in the room for free! Oh! one more thing! What time is the Scat Cat open?

andrewilley
12-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I can't hardly wait to stay in Port Orleans French Quarter! I hope that hotel has refrigerator in the room for free! Oh! one more thing! What time is the Scat Cat open?

Yes there's a fridge in all rooms. Scat Cats is open from 4pm until midnight.

Andre

jeanylaser
12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes there's a fridge in all rooms. Scat Cats is open from 4pm until midnight.

Andrethank you andrewilley for the info! I can't hardly wait to stay in the POFQ! Oh! one more thing! Does Port Orleans French Quarter is next door to the Port Orleans Riverside?

Nancyg56
12-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Andrewilley- We have an ADR at Boatwrights. do you know if the lounge (is there one?) is open before 5 PM?

kid-at-heart
12-06-2008, 04:13 PM
To be honest, they're all fun, and only the carriage ride actually costs any money, so why not have a go at all of them if you've got time? Both of the musician acts are family friendly, so you won't have any trouble taking a 10 year old. The campfire will be operating when you are there, it's free apart from maybe buying a smores kit. All three are free for you to drop in for as long or short as you want.

The carriage ride is lovely, but costs $35 for a half-hour ride. Best to book it in advance.

For more info on all of these, see www.portorleans.org?sub_rec_recreation.htm (http://www.portorleans.org?sub_rec_recreation.htm).

Andre

What would be a proper tip for the carriage driver?

jeanylaser
12-06-2008, 06:23 PM
That's awesome!

andrewilley
12-07-2008, 03:48 AM
thank you andrewilley for the info! I can't hardly wait to stay in the POFQ! Oh! one more thing! Does Port Orleans French Quarter is next door to the Port Orleans Riverside?

Yes, the two resorts are very close to each other (although you probably wouldn't realise it while you're inside either one). There's a lovely pathway alongside the Sassagoula River running between the two, which is a really nice walk - just 10-15 minutes walk from the door of one food court to the other.

Andrewilley- We have an ADR at Boatwrights. do you know if the lounge (is there one?) is open before 5 PM?

The River Roost lounge (right next to Boatwright's) is never locked so you can take advantage of its comfy chairs whenever you like, and the bar itself is open from 4pm if you want to get a pre-meal cocktail.

Being a Brit I guess I'm probably not the best person to advise on US tipping ;) but I'd have thought around $5 would be quite acceptable. I'm not sure if it is considered a tipping position though - I do know that the boat pilots and bus drivers aren't meant to accept tips.

Andre

PNO4TE
12-07-2008, 06:01 AM

Being a Brit I guess I'm probably not the best person to advise on US tipping ;) but I'd have thought around $5 would be quite acceptable. I'm not sure if it is considered a tipping position though - I do know that the boat pilots and bus drivers aren't meant to accept tips.

I had planned on tipping the driver $7 if he had been willing to take the tip.

jeanylaser
12-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Yes, the two resorts are very close to each other (although you probably wouldn't realise it while you're inside either one). There's a lovely pathway alongside the Sassagoula River running between the two, which is a really nice walk - just 10-15 minutes walk from the door of one food court to the other.

The River Roost lounge (right next to Boatwright's) is never locked so you can take advantage of its comfy chairs whenever you like, and the bar itself is open from 4pm if you want to get a pre-meal cocktail.

Andre

I have anything of this info! Thanks Andre! Oh! one more thing that i forgot! Does POFQ has tv in the check-in so the kids watch and the parents check-in! Oh! what time is check-in and Check-out! POFQ has the online reservation program too! Can we call disney reservations but i don't know the phone number! Can you help me Andre! Thanks!

andrewilley
12-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I have anything of this info! Thanks Andre! Oh! one more thing that i forgot! Does POFQ has tv in the check-in so the kids watch and the parents check-in! Oh! what time is check-in and Check-out! POFQ has the online reservation program too! Can we call disney reservations but i don't know the phone number! Can you help me Andre! Thanks!

Yes there is a TV for the kids at checkin, and coloring materials too.

Checkout is 11am, checkin is 3pm. Bags can be stored if you want to checkin earlier, but your room may not be ready until 3pm.

Yes, the online reservation system is available for all Disney hotels - and from January you're meant to be able to pre-checkin online too.

Disney reservations can be reached on 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hey, perhaps someone should write a FAQ about this resort, or a create website about the place? ;)

:) :) :)

Andre

PNO4TE
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes there is a TV for the kids at checkin, and coloring materials too.

Checkout is 11am, checkin is 3pm. Bags can be stored if you want to checkin earlier, but your room may not be ready until 3pm.

Yes, the online reservation system is available for all Disney hotels - and from January you're meant to be able to pre-checkin online too.

Disney reservations can be reached on 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hey, perhaps someone should write a FAQ about this resort, or a create website about the place? ;)

:) :) :)

Andre

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

jeanylaser
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info! andrewilley!

Nancyg56
12-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks Andre!

jeanylaser
12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
My mom will call disney as soon as Possible! Oh! Thanks! Andre! OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!

TigerKat
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
My mom will call disney as soon as Possible! Oh! Thanks! Andre! OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!

A little excited are you?:hug:

runswithscissors
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM

We tipped our driver $10 and she accepted. We were actually rained out of our first ressie but were able to reschedule for another evening. We walked to POR from POFQ which only took about 10 minutes (with a 5-year old.) The carriage ride was lovely and the sound of the horseshoes on the pavement is extremely relaxing. Definitely worth it!

andrewilley
12-09-2008, 04:13 AM
OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!

Jackson Square Gifts and Desires.

I really don't mind answering all your questions, honest - but to save you some time they are mostly already covered in the FAQ in the first posting of this very thread, and also in more detail at www.portorleans.com (http://www.portorleans.com).

Hope you all have a great time at POFQ

Andre

SoosieQ
12-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Just came back from 5 days at Caribbean Beach Resort. Booked the Bounceback for September at the POFQ. So subscribing to this thread. I will start at the beginning once my Disney hangover is done. :lmao:

DanceRC28
12-09-2008, 12:14 PM
DH and I will be staying at POFQ for the first time from January 24th through the 31st....cannot wait. We have heard such great things, we are so excited!

jsoren11
12-09-2008, 01:24 PM
DH and I will be staying at POFQ for the first time from January 24th through the 31st....cannot wait. We have heard such great things, we are so excited!

we are checking in on Jan 29th, maybe we'll see you there, look for the LGMH's we'll have all over ourselves and pray for good weather!!!:thumbsup2

jeanylaser
12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I can't wait to be the first to stay in the POFQ! That will be awesome!

PNO4TE
12-13-2008, 09:23 AM
I am getting ready to ship a small box to POFQ. I shipped things by USPS in September and the results were less than optimal. Do I remember correctly that shipping by UPS is a better idea? And I assume that I use the address on the first page of this FAQ, including my name, reservation number and arrival date.

borntoshop96
12-13-2008, 10:36 AM
We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

jeanylaser
12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter is right for our entire family! Oh! what is the name of the shop at Port Orleans French Quarter and they have some dvd's or Cd's in the store!

andrewilley
12-14-2008, 02:24 AM
Port Orleans French Quarter is right for our entire family! Oh! what is the name of the shop at Port Orleans French Quarter and they have some dvd's or Cd's in the store!

Jackson Square Gifts and Desires (see my reply in message #148 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29095688#post29095688) of this thread to the last time you asked this question).

Yes they do sell a few CDs and DVDs there, but there are better places on property for a wider selection (World of Disney at DTD for example, and several of the theme park stores).

Andre

jeanylaser
12-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Jackson Square Gifts and Desires (see my reply in message #148 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29095688#post29095688) of this thread to the last time you asked this question).

Yes they do sell a few CDs and DVDs there, but there are better places on property for a wider selection (World of Disney at DTD for example, and several of the theme park stores).

Andre

Thanks Andre for the info! I really love to stay in POFQ for my birthday! I have to go to World of Disney at DTD to get a CD Rom for My Computer I have Windows XP! I will get Mickey saves the Day! for Windows! I hope they have it!

andrewilley
12-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks Andre for the info! I really love to stay in POFQ for my birthday! I have to go to World of Disney at DTD to get a CD Rom for My Computer I have Windows XP! I will get Mickey saves the Day! for Windows! I hope they have it!

Hope you have a great birthday. You didn't mention CD ROMs, and the program you mention is 8+ years old (it came out before Windows XP in fact) so I rather doubt you're going to find it at WDW. I assume you didn't manage to find it during your stay at All Star Music just two months ago?

Why not get it from somewhere like Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004U5R1/sr=8-1/qid=1229301817/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1229301817&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=new) before you go, there are still vendors who have it in stock for just a couple of dollars.

Andre

jeanylaser
12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Hope you have a great birthday. You didn't mention CD ROMs, and the program you mention is 8+ years old (it came out before Windows XP in fact) so I rather doubt you're going to find it at WDW. I assume you didn't manage to find it during your stay at All Star Music just two months ago?

Why not get it from somewhere like Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004U5R1/sr=8-1/qid=1229301817/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1229301817&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=new) before you go, there are still vendors who have it in stock for just a couple of dollars.

Andre

I will find that CD Rom In DTD World of Disney! I went to amazon.com they said that Cd Rom isn't for christmas shipping! I better go to Downtown Disney and get it from Disney!

Emme
12-17-2008, 06:11 AM
OK, hopping on board~ We will be at POFQ March 16-22!! We have stayed at every moderate but this one...so it's time!! I am psyched.:banana:

jeanylaser
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Our family will stay for January 14-18 2009 in the POFQ! I hope!

jsoren11
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I also posted this question as a thread, but I an worried about whether or not our family will get adjoining rooms in January. our 18 year old wont be joining us until the 3rd day of our trip, I dont want to be in a separate room from our 8 and 10 year old.. what should I do?

Disney policy says they give adjoining rooms to families that dont have an adult in the second room, and when i told them that we will not have an adult in the second room until night three, they said the resort "should be able to accomidate us". what do you all think? what are the odds we'll get adjoining?? should I change ressies for the first two nights??? TIA for all the good ideas!!:goodvibes

jeanylaser
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Where is the check-in to the Port Orleans French Quarter!

jsoren11
12-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Where is the check-in to the Port Orleans French Quarter!

http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

here ya go

jeanylaser
12-18-2008, 12:43 PM
thanks for the info! I need to know is what time is Check-in and Check-out!

andrewilley
12-18-2008, 01:23 PM

Jeany, as I've said before, please see the Frequently Asked Questions list which is in the first posting of this thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975035).

It's not hidden, this is what it says:

What time can I check in and can the resort store my bags?

Rooms are officially available from 3pm but you can check in at the front desk as early as you like. You may get lucky and find that a room happens to be ready earlier, or otherwise Bell Services can store your bags while you head off to enjoy the hotel facilities or the theme parks.

Check-out is by 11am, although you can request a free later check-out time (up to 1pm) as long as the room is not need urgently for other guests. Again, Bell Services will store your bags until you are ready to depart, and they also have a fridge for items which need to be kept chilled. Note: the main pool has showers, lockers and changing rooms if you want to take a dip after you have checked out.

Or see www.portorleans.org (http://www.portorleans.org/) too.

Andre

PNO4TE
12-18-2008, 01:34 PM

Again, all of this info can be found on the first page of this thread.

jeanylaser
12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the info! I got a little confused!

jsoren11
12-18-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah, be careful about asking questions that are already posted at the beginning of the thread Jenny, Ive fallen into this trap before and it isn't pretty. Some people take it very seriously when you dont obey the rules... :lmao:
Hey, feel free to start a new thread and ask anything you want and we'll let this one fade in to oblivion with no new questions needed...heck everything you need is on the first post...:rotfl:

"Jenny, as I've said before. . . . . rabble rabble blah blah.... its on the bloody first page . . . . rabble rabble" he says in a corny british accent....:rotfl:

Just messing with you andrewilley:thumbsup2

jeanylaser
12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry! I got confused!

andrewilley
12-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Just messing with you andrewilley:thumbsup2

Cor blimey guv'na, I shall consider myself messed with then.... :) :goodvibes

Sorry! I got confused!

That's OK Jeany, I know you must be getting really excited about your upcoming trip. Is it a family visit?

Andre

KSBelle
12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
DH and I just back from a Dec 12-18 stay. My 2nd at this resort and DH's 1st. Our room was in Bldg 5 ground floor facing the pool entrance. PRIME LOCATION. The room was clean and Mousekeeping did a good job. Noise from other rooms not an issue. A couple of cute towel animals. Food court was not especially crowded in the AM. Resort was decorated very nicely for the holidays. As you leave for the parks each morning a couple of "Jesters" are at the door to answer questions and pass out park maps. The Bounceback offer was in our room and we took advantage of that for a trip in Sept. We always go to F&W and the dates worked for us. It was 30% off Mods and Deluxe's and 40% for Villas. We chose FQ again because of the size. Bus's coming and going were minimal waits. No more than 10-15 min and drivers were calling up extra bus's if everyone didn't get on.Staff was friendly except for the CM checking us in. But we didn't let her "Bah Humbug" spoil our holiday spirit. Now to start planning for September.

jeanylaser
12-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Cor blimey guv'na, I shall consider myself messed with then.... :) :goodvibes

That's OK Jeany, I know you must be getting really excited about your upcoming trip. Is it a family visit?

Andre

I know i'm excited to stay in the Port Orleans French Quarter! It is my favorite hotel!

GoldiBabi
12-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm curious about the shop at POFQ. We'd like to have soda in our room - Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, maybe Mountain Dew. Do they sell these in cans, such as six packs or 12 packs? We'd considered grocery delivery, but I'm not sure we'll be ordering enough to warrant it.

Thanks!

jeanylaser
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the pool in the POFQ has reopen let!

pamelasu1
12-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Our room was in Bldg 5 ground floor facing the pool entrance. PRIME LOCATION.

Just curious...did you request this location or was it just some "pixie dust"?

Thanks,

jeanylaser
12-19-2008, 03:38 PM
This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the pool in the POFQ has reopen let!

KSBelle
12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Just curious...did you request this location or was it just some "pixie dust"?

Thanks,

I requested Bldg 5 or 2 facing the Hot tub.

That was as specific as I got. I didn't care what floor I was on. Just wanted to give the room scheduler an idea. It really was convenient to walk to food court and back or on out to the bus.

But I really do think that "Pixie Dust" was somehow involved.

jeanylaser
12-20-2008, 09:44 AM
This Thread for POFQ is good so far are you going again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

TroyE
12-20-2008, 10:08 AM
We are there in Feb, so I am hoping we have a nice of a review as you had.

DH and I just back from a Dec 12-18 stay. My 2nd at this resort and DH's 1st. Our room was in Bldg 5 ground floor facing the pool entrance. PRIME LOCATION. The room was clean and Mousekeeping did a good job. Noise from other rooms not an issue. A couple of cute towel animals. Food court was not especially crowded in the AM. Resort was decorated very nicely for the holidays. As you leave for the parks each morning a couple of "Jesters" are at the door to answer questions and pass out park maps. The Bounceback offer was in our room and we took advantage of that for a trip in Sept. We always go to F&W and the dates worked for us. It was 30% off Mods and Deluxe's and 40% for Villas. We chose FQ again because of the size. Bus's coming and going were minimal waits. No more than 10-15 min and drivers were calling up extra bus's if everyone didn't get on.Staff was friendly except for the CM checking us in. But we didn't let her "Bah Humbug" spoil our holiday spirit. Now to start planning for September.

jeanylaser
12-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Those threads for POFQ is good so far are you doing this again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

Nancyg56
12-20-2008, 01:56 PM
A quick checkin from POFQ!

It is lovely here right now. The staff is attentive and aer going out of there way to make our stay magical. The buses are okay but going to every stop in POR does add on about 10 minutes to the ride.

The grounds are spotless, everything is washed in the overnight. The pool area is well staffed, the lifeguards do not take their eyes off the pool and a good thing. There are some unsupervised youngsters running around and the staff is vigilant in enforcing safety rules.

The doormen are wonderful, especially with the children. My DGD is enchanted, looking forward to each time we come back. Wishing coins are given out as well as hidden around the lobby. She is having a ball!

The Holiday music is fun here too. You can hear it as you approach the center area, making the season seem so close .

Our room is clean and our Mousekeeper has been having fun with Kady's animals. They were swinging from a hammock one day and we have seen other windows decorated with stuffed toys peeking out from towel swings.

It is starting to get busy now, the lobby was full of guests checking in this afternoon so I expect that the Holiday is beginning.

DD and DSIL have stopped into Scat Cats for an evening cocktail and enjoyed the entertainment. Dyson Elliot is as entertaining as always.

If anyone has questions about dining at Boatwrights let me assure you that we had a great meal there. The food was good, the service stellar and the atmosphere was fun. A short boat ride to a good meal and an excellent excuse to tour POR.

KSBelle
12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
The buses are okay but going to every stop in POR does add on about 10 minutes to the ride.

We never went to POR going to a park and only went there first one time coming back from DHS.

PNO4TE
12-21-2008, 06:07 AM
http://images.zwani.com/graphics/christmas/images/0merry-christmas-stocking.gif everyone. We are about to leave for the airport. POFQ here we come! Nancyg56... we might see you there!

jeanylaser
12-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Those threads for POFQ is good so far are you doing this again for 2009! Oh! the waterslide pool at the POFQ has reopen let!

Emme
12-21-2008, 07:47 AM

I have seen this post like 6 times. Does it mean something? Is it coded? Help!:confused3

jeanylaser
12-21-2008, 08:59 AM
I have seen this post like 6 times. Does it mean something? Is it coded? Help!:confused3
I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment!

BlovesC
12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
POFQ offers high-speed internet hookup in EACH room, right? For $10 a day, cord included in room? Just checking...I've seen people post from there, and I've seen internet access included on some amenities lists, but its strangely absent on other lists. Just something I'm worried about, since my upcoming trip there I'll be solo for half of it and I want to be sure I can get on the net.

jeanylaser
12-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment! because i need to know!

andrewilley
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
POFQ offers high-speed internet hookup in EACH room, right? For $10 a day, cord included in room?

Yes, $9.95 per 24 hour period (i.e. the connection runs for exactly 24 hours from the moment you first log on and accept the charge, not just from midnight to midnight of one day). A standard ethernet cable is provided in the room, but it is fairly short and will really only allow you to use your computer on the tabletop.

Andre

BlovesC
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes, $9.95 per 24 hour period (i.e. the connection runs for exactly 24 hours from the moment you first log on and accept the charge, not just from midnight to midnight of one day). A standard ethernet cable is provided in the room, but it is fairly short and will really only allow you to use your computer on the tabletop.

Andre

Thank you so much! Great to know.

andrewilley
12-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment! because i need to know!

The POFQ pool was completely closed for refurbishment for about a month early last year, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the slide at the moment though...?

Andre

jeanylaser
12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
The POFQ pool was completely closed for refurbishment for about a month early last year, but I'm not sure what you're asking about the slide at the moment though...?

Andre
thank you for the info Andre! I will love it very much to stay in POFQ! Yes! I need to know that waterslide is reopen let!

andrewilley
12-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Yes! I need to know that waterslide is reopen let!

Who says it is closed, please?

Andre

brittsmum1998
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Can somebody tell me if the coffee makers take cone or basket filters? I know there are pods in the room but DH will like his own coffee. TIA, Kim

ruthma
12-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Can somebody tell me if the coffee makers take cone or basket filters? I know there are pods in the room but DH will like his own coffee. TIA, Kim

filters:wizard:

lagasan
12-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for all the info on this thread and the website. It helped a great deal with my resort decision. We will be at POFQ 1/11-1/18. Looking forward to a relaxing and fun week. I have a few questions and apologize in advance if these are answered somewhere in here.

Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.

Anne

brittsmum1998
12-21-2008, 08:21 PM
filters:wizard:

:confused3 are they pointed at the bottom or flat? :confused:

andrewilley
12-22-2008, 03:33 AM
Do you think Boatwright's is worth a visit for dinner? I think the menu looks pretty good. And for breakfast, I would love to try those sweet potato pancakes.

One of the reasons I picked POFQ is the boat ride to DTD. Do you find it runs on schedule during the winter months?

Crossing my fingers for some unusually warm weather. But then I am from the great white north (looking out the window at 16 inches of snow) so it will feel warm no matter what. We might even try that pool out.

Boatwright's is well worth a try for a change from counter service food, especially for breakfast which gets very good comments. Have a listen to Lou Mongello's WDW Radio Show #97 (http://www.wdwradio.com/content/view/148/1/), in which food is never very far from the topic of conversation... :)

Don't worry, the DTD boats run year-round, expect for during very stormy weather.

And as for weather, it can get a little chiller in the winter - but compared to 16 inches of snow it'll be positively tropical! I think it's been up as high as the low 80's last week, for example. You'll have a great time!

Andre

ruthma
12-22-2008, 04:43 AM

flat

kaffinito
12-22-2008, 04:44 AM

Flat #4 type. :)

brittsmum1998
12-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Thank you both :thumbsup2

Buzz's Buddy
12-22-2008, 01:27 PM
This thread is great!

We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time ever for 3 nights starting next Monday. We are DVC members, but we couldn't get a reservation at any DVC resort despite being on the wait list for almost 7 months!

We have reservations at a DVC resort beginning on 1/1/09, but we couldn't get anything for the first 3 nights of our trip. We had a back-up reservation at the Dolphin, but we were really hoping for a Disney resort. I just happened to get lucky yesterday morning when the POFQ popped up as available on disneyworld.com. I immediately made the reservation and called to update magical express. I just hope we get our luggage tags before we leave.

I can't tell you how happy we are to be staying at the Frech Quarter!

Nancyg56
12-22-2008, 02:58 PM
We never went to POR going to a park and only went there first one time coming back from DHS.

We did not make the rounds in the morning but every trip after noontime we went to every stop in POR. Return from the parks in the evening was just POFQ.

I meant to say is the waterslide in Doubloon lagoon at POFQ has been reopened let from refurbishment!

The slide is open.

Thanks for all the info on this thread and the website. It helped a great deal with my resort decision. We will be at POFQ 1/11-1/18. Looking forward to a relaxing and fun week. I have a few questions and apologize in advance if these are answered somewhere in here.

Anne

Anne, we loved Boatwrights for dinner. Warning: if you want to eat your dinner do not ask for more cornbread! It was so good we ate the first basket and then ate the second :eek:. Dinner was great so we managed to make a good dent. Then we had dessert! I think the second helping of cornbread was the problem....my soon to be ex son IL thinks we just ate to much :laughing:. I was sorry we only scheduled it one time. We did have breakfast one day and used the DDP. I won't waste a credit again., The prices were very reasonable so we would pay OOP for this one. The sweet potato pancakes were amazing. The stuffed French toast was good but after having Tonga Toast we all agreed this one was not as good.

The boat ride was nice. The weather was mostly good, the first two days were cold but then 80's after that. The weather was supposed to turn colder this week.

I have been three times in January and the weather is not predictable. One day it is warm enough to swim, the next you want your mittens ;).

It was getting crazy busy in Saturday but the staff was not flustered at all. They continued to play with the kids, trade pins and chat with guests.

jeanylaser
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the info! I wanted to stay in POFQ so badly in January!

pamelasu1
12-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Boatwright's is sounding like someplace we might want to try! Do you all recommend reservations for dinner there? (we will be there the first week of Feb.)

Thanks,

Nancyg56
12-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Boatwright's is sounding like someplace we might want to try! Do you all recommend reservations for dinner there? (we will be there the first week of Feb.)

Thanks,

I would but I always make ADR's. I imagine that Boatwrights would be one of the easier meals to get because the resort is not on the beaten path. We were able to get an ADR at Shutters for 6 PM when I called at noon. IT was booked solid that night but had openings earlier. I bet Boatwrights is like that, opening early in the day but filled woth resprt guests that night.

andrewilley
12-23-2008, 07:54 AM
We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time ever for 3 nights starting next Monday. We are DVC members, but we couldn't get a reservation at any DVC resort despite being on the wait list for almost 7 months!

I just happened to get lucky yesterday morning when the POFQ popped up as available on disneyworld.com. I can't tell you how happy we are to be staying at the Frech Quarter!

Well done, shows it's worth persevering! Glad you got POFQ, I'm sure you'll have a lovely start to your vacation there.

Andre

skipperkim
12-24-2008, 06:03 AM

They take the 4 cup flat bottom type of filter.

jeanylaser
12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
I wanted to know is that POFQ has elevators in every room! which rooms is the closes to the buses to the all theme parks!

andrewilley
12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I wanted to know is that POFQ has elevators in every room! which rooms is the closes to the buses to the all theme parks!

Elevators in every room - that'd be handy... :) :)

POFQ does have elevators in every building though, and building 4 is closest to the bus stop for the parks.

Andre

Dr_Finkelstein
12-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi there!

We stayed in POFQ for 2 weeks beginning of November and it was fantastic! I just loved the resort as did my whole family. We were in building 6 looking onto Rue D'Baga which was lovely, but the good thing about POFQ, I don't think it would really matter what building you were in, you're never too far away from the main building or the pool.

We walked over to POR a couple of times, once to use the pool as FQ pool was temporarily closed for the afternoon, and used the food court over there a couple of times as well - I liked the idea that you got 'two resorts for one' during your stay at Port Orleans.

The boat trip to DTD was great as well, the whole resort is just so relaxing, the grounds are just beautiful, as is the themeing. DH preferred the food court at POR, he felt FQ was too small, but that's what I liked about it!

You also have to try the biegnets - to die for!

I just loved POFQ - I would go back in a heartbeat, we're planning our next trip for 2010, DH wants to try another mod, so we're planning POR - so I'm close to POFQ (my new spiritual home!)

Di x

jeanylaser
12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Elevators in every room - that'd be handy... :) :)

POFQ does have elevators in every building though, and building 4 is closest to the bus stop for the parks.

Andre

thanks for the info Andre! Andre! one more thing that forgot! where is going to be a online check-in lobby for POFQ!

Happy holidays!

wdwdreamin
12-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You to all who recommended Elliot Dyson at Scat Cats! He was wonderful! Not only very talented but also very personable. I can't believe how well he remembered names!

jeanylaser
12-27-2008, 10:01 AM
thanks for the info Andre! Andre! one more thing that forgot! where is going to be a online check-in lobby for POFQ!

andrewilley
12-27-2008, 10:32 AM

I assume you are asking about airline checkin, for when you are due to leave the resort? Just ask at the main lobby when you get there, they'll let you know if they can do it for you.

Andre

fourfoxesinpa
12-27-2008, 10:32 AM
I would like to request a River View room in Bldg 5 or 2 for our stay. Is there a preferred floor I should request? Is floor 3 view obstructed by trees? Is floor 1 obstructed by bushes and distracted with foot traffic?

Thanks for advice.

jeanylaser
12-27-2008, 10:52 AM
I assume you are asking about airline checkin, for when you are due to leave the resort? Just ask at the main lobby when you get there, they'll let you know if they can do it for you.

Andre
YES! That is the question was in my mind Andre!Can we do this in the website or call disney reservations office!

Nancyg56
12-27-2008, 12:22 PM
I would like to request a River View room in Bldg 5 or 2 for our stay. Is there a preferred floor I should request? Is floor 3 view obstructed by trees? Is floor 1 obstructed by bushes and distracted with foot traffic?

Thanks for advice.

I know that you did not ask but I would not pay for a river view at POFQ. There are no balconies, just a wrap around walkway so in order to enjoy the view you really need to leave your room. I requested a river view on my first stay and was disappointed that I did not get to enjoy it from my room. There are no benches or chairs to sit on in the walkways.

caperdoc
12-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Happy New Year to my fellow disers! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 older teens. We currently have a lagoon view at the Poly for the 4 of us. I was trolling on the website "vacations to go" and I was able to book 2 standard view rooms for $1616.00 for the first week of May. Add on an extra $1000.00 for park passes and I am still saving $900.00 compared to the Poly. But... as I am not booking directly with Disney ( 4 for 3 deal sold out on our dates) can I expect the standard view room to have a horrible view? Does anyone have pics of a parking lot view?
Another con- not on the monorail system which would have made it really easy for us to split up.
Please help me decide. I must decide by Monday at 6:00PM, when the courtedy hold is up for the POFQ rooms.
To give you an idea of our taste: We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort 2 years ago and didn't really like it. We didn't like the " motel" feel of the resort. We love AKL and have stayed there twice.
Please help with our decision!!
Gail

buzz1fan
12-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Okay, I posted this on the main boards, but thought this may be a better place. We will be traveling in June, and our kids will be 2 and 5. We have been thinking of staying at CBR, but I worry about the size of the resort, so we starting thinking about staying here. A big part of the reason is, having 2 resorts to be able to visit. I am not sure how far the 2 main pools and Food areas are from each other.
Does the boat run between POR and POFQ durning the day, or only in the AM? Does the boat drop you off near the main pools or dining?

It also seems like a treat to be able to get to DTD pretty easy on a boat. Any advice would be great! I am not concerend about a view, but also would like a suggestion on a location for a standard room.

One More question: When taking the boat downtown disney, where do you get dropped off, which part of downtown? Thanks!

jeanylaser
12-27-2008, 02:23 PM
When I saw this thread of the POFQ! I was thinking to stay there! YES! for only $94.00 florida resident special! I'm so excited! :sohappy::sohappy: thanks Andre for this info!

Nancyg56
12-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Happy New Year to my fellow disers! We are a family of 2 adults and 2 older teens. We currently have a lagoon view at the Poly for the 4 of us. I was trolling on the website "vacations to go" and I was able to book 2 standard view rooms for $1616.00 for the first week of May. Add on an extra $1000.00 for park passes and I am still saving $900.00 compared to the Poly. But... as I am not booking directly with Disney ( 4 for 3 deal sold out on our dates) can I expect the standard view room to have a horrible view? Does anyone have pics of a parking lot view?
Another con- not on the monorail system which would have made it really easy for us to split up.
Please help me decide. I must decide by Monday at 6:00PM, when the courtedy hold is up for the POFQ rooms.
To give you an idea of our taste: We stayed at Coronado Springs Resort 2 years ago and didn't really like it. We didn't like the " motel" feel of the resort. We love AKL and have stayed there twice.
Gail

What a tough call! I have stayed at POFQ, AKL and the Poly. The monorail is a huge advantage for the Poly, for me it is the only advantage. I loved ALK adn would stay there in a heartbeat again. POFQ is a lovely resort and did not really have the motel feel to me. IMO, view does not really matter for POFQ rooms, there are no balconies. If you want the Poly and are comfortable with the cost I would take it and save the mods for another trip.

Does the boat run between POR and POFQ durning the day, or only in the AM? Does the boat drop you off near the main pools or dining?

It also seems like a treat to be able to get to DTD pretty easy on a boat. Any advice would be great! I am not concerend about a view, but also would like a suggestion on a location for a standard room.

One More question: When taking the boat downtown disney, where do you get dropped off, which part of downtown? Thanks!

The boat runs all day long between the two resorts. We get dropped of at the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I believe that 2 and 5 are closest tot he pool and 3 and 4 closest to the food court. This is a small resort so there really are no bad buildings.

caperdoc
12-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks Nancy for your thoughtful answer. I still feel that having 2 rooms instead of one may be the deal breaker. DH suggested tonight that maybe we could get another room at the Poly for the last 3 nights of our 7 night stay if we could get a good code for Poly for room only in May. That way we would all get a break from each other for half the week!
Any other thoughts on our options? Thanks to all

Nancyg56
12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
caperdoc- that sounds like the best of both worlds. I love POFQ so staying there is never a hardship for me. If not for the monorail the Poly would have no draw but with older children I agree that two rooms is a huge plus and the monorail less of a priority.

I love the music that plays along the walkways and while the pool theme seems to be more for the young set your family will still be able to enjoy it. POR is a nice ride or walk away and the restaurant is very good.

jeanylaser
12-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I really love to stay the POFQ for my birthday!

Dr_Finkelstein
12-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Okay, I posted this on the main boards, but thought this may be a better place. We will be traveling in June, and our kids will be 2 and 5. We have been thinking of staying at CBR, but I worry about the size of the resort, so we starting thinking about staying here. A big part of the reason is, having 2 resorts to be able to visit. I am not sure how far the 2 main pools and Food areas are from each other.

Hi there!

The boat runs regularly through the day between the 2 resorts, but walking is probably easier - it's only a pleasant 5 minute walk along the riverside! And if any staff are passing by on one of their 'golf buggies' they may give you a lift! Happened to us - completely unexpected but a nice piece of Disney magic!

What I liked about POFQ is that it's quite small, so wherever you are in the resort it's never too far a walk to get to the pool/reception/food hall etc. Buildings 2 & 5 are nearest the pool, 3 & 4 nearest the reception/food hall. We were in building 6, facing Rue D'Baga, and it was only a couple of minutes walk to the amentities.

Di x

Dr_Finkelstein
12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Gail

Don't know if this will help much - but this was the view from our room in building 6, looking onto Rue D'Baga. We had just paid for 'standard view'. There is plenty of landscaping about, so I'd say most car park views are obscured by trees/bushes/etc.
http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd330/di_wifey/130.jpghttp://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd330/di_wifey/131.jpg

fourfoxesinpa
12-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I know that you did not ask but I would not pay for a river view at POFQ. There are no balconies, just a wrap around walkway so in order to enjoy the view you really need to leave your room. I requested a river view on my first stay and was disappointed that I did not get to enjoy it from my room. There are no benches or chairs to sit on in the walkways.

Thanks for your opinion. I called to extend our trip by two nights and found the water view unavailable so we now have standard and, based on your post, I'm very comfortable with that. I requested Bldg. 5, then 2.

jsoren11
12-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such? If not, is there a place at DTD or another area nearby?

andrewilley
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such?

Sorry, no. The only moderate to offer this is CSR for the convention folks.

Andre

Dr_Finkelstein
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Is there a business center at POFQ where I can access email and such? If not, is there a place at DTD or another area nearby?

There is internet access in each of the rooms if you have a laptop with you - I think it was about $10 for 24 hours.

Di x

jsoren11
12-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Think I could turn it on maybe every third day or something to check email and blog a little bit, or do they make it so you have to have it the whole time you are there? is it easy to have turned on and off?

Nancyg56
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your opinion. I called to extend our trip by two nights and found the water view unavailable so we now have standard and, based on your post, I'm very comfortable with that. I requested Bldg. 5, then 2.

We were in bldg 2 and I was happy with that. I had requested my buildings in teh same order that you did.

jeanylaser
12-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Nancyg56! I are staying in the POFQ with my family what is the building look like! do you have some pictures of this hotel!

andrewilley
12-29-2008, 08:28 PM
is it easy to have turned on and off?

Very easy, just go to your web browser and it will ask you to confirm if you want to connect. At that point, if you say "Yes" you will be charged $9.95 to your room account and the internet connection will work whenever you turn the laptop on during the next 24 hours.

If the time has expired, you will be offered another 24 hours which you can accept whenever suits you.

The nice thing is that if you connect at (say) 2pm one day, you'll have a connection available until 2pm the next day - so you can get two half-days, rather than having to have midnight-to-midnight access on one day.

Andre

muffyn
12-30-2008, 12:01 AM
where are the bus stops at DTD to head back to POFQ? & what time do they run till? what resorts(stops) do they make between DTD & POFQ?

andrewilley
12-30-2008, 03:41 AM
where are the bus stops at DTD to head back to POFQ? & what time do they run till? what resorts(stops) do they make between DTD & POFQ?

There are several stops at DTD, one near the Rainforest Cafe, one near Planet Hollywood and one over by Cirque du Soleil. Buses usually stop at all three, with the main Rainforest Cafe one first. During the day, buses going from POFQ/POR to DTD also stop off at Typhoon Lagoon on the way.

Don't forget you've also got the very pleasant Sassagoula river ferry that you can use, takes about 15 mins from POFQ.

Andre

mrsturtle
12-30-2008, 07:46 AM
nice pic and info. it is a very nice resort. :goodvibes

TigerKat
12-30-2008, 10:48 AM

We always took the boat, much nicer and faster than the buses!:goodvibes

muffyn
12-30-2008, 11:57 AM
We always took the boat, much nicer and faster than the buses!:goodvibes

yes we plan on doing that TO DTD
but after midnight, you don't have a choice but to take a buss back.
that is the info I need.
how often do the busses run?
are each bus labled with where they go?

we have never used diz transportation busses

jeanylaser
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I need to know is the POFQ rates for January! It's florida resident special is only $94.00 it's from Disneyworld.com That's true!

PNO4TE
01-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I thought I would take some time to put together some slideshows from the trip. So, here is POFQ in it's beauty last month:

POFQ December 2008 (http://w25.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w25.photobucket.com/albums/c69/PNO4TE/December%202008%20WDW%20LARGE/4e42a8cf.pbw)

Lou-Ann
01-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Thank you so very much for the lovely pictures.

PNO4TE
01-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Thank you so very much for the lovely pictures.

You are quite welcome!

(PS: I see we both joined the DIS in July 2001!!)

jeanylaser
01-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I can't wait to stay in the POFQ for the end of January to celebrate my dad and I birthday together!

PNO4TE
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I can't wait to stay in the POFQ for the end of January to celebrate my dad and I birthday together!

It is coming soon! :thumbsup2

jeanylaser
01-03-2009, 11:04 AM
My mom will call Disney as soon as Possible! our family can't wait to stay in POFQ in the end of January!

teach22180
01-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. It's really helping me to get excited! I just went this morning to reserve my August trip to the All Stars, but I can go to POFQ for less money in June with that 3 days free promotion. I'm so thrilled not to have to wait for the entire summer to get to Disney and hoping the weather is a little cooler in early June. I wasn't expecting POFQ, but now that I'm reading all about it, I'm really happy with my decision. Thanks everyone!! :goodvibes

jeepster93
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I've heard that POFQ has horrible in-room coffee and I'm planning on bringing my own down. Do I need paper filters for the 4 cup machines in the rooms?:surfweb: