PDA

View Full Version : South West DIS Meet

Kevin Stringer
04-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Hi folks.

After a drunken discussion in chat on Sunday a South West DIS Meet has been arranged for Saturday June 8th.

It will probably be at the same place as last year, but full details will be confirmed at a later date. I thought I would just post the date so that anyone interested can note it down on their calander.

Once again, Fiona, Hilary and myself will be organising things, so e-mail any of us if you need any more information.

Cheers

Kev

WDWfan,uk
04-30-2002, 03:19 PM
......... I've noted it down Kevin honey :) ..... are you sure they'll have you back there??

Astrid
04-30-2002, 03:30 PM
Consider it noted Kevin!! :)

Best tell the pub to get some extra barrels of beer in! They don't mind us rabble taking over again then?!! ;)

Astrid x

Janice
04-30-2002, 03:50 PM
Oh I am just so upset - that is the Saturday after we move and I couldn't possibly leave Chris to cope.....................or could I???? ;)

I am really sorry to be missing this for the second year running - it's no good, you will have to have another one later in the year too!

SpottyDog
05-01-2002, 01:28 AM
Diary noted,Kev.
Our Julie's on a school trip to France around that weekend so it'll depend on when she gets thrown on and off buses.

Here's hopin.

BONZO
05-01-2002, 04:06 AM
Bother!

Can't make it - on holiday first two weeks of June!

Ho hum!

Fiona R from UK
05-01-2002, 04:13 AM
There is a new landlord/lady at the pub this year, last year's one couldn't take the strain and has moved!!

Janice, you MUST come, we could crop too!!

(Scrapbooking jargon, not farming or hairdressing!!! ;) )

WebmasterPenny
05-01-2002, 06:12 AM
Oh my word, I'd love to come but need to check my dates! :)

Penny :)

BevS97
05-01-2002, 06:23 AM
Oh heck - a Crop too! and I can't come - not unless I fly back from MouseLand just for the occasion!

Bev

Mrs Dazzle
05-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Kev - can you give us a clue as to where (area) it's likely to be so we could plan (depends on the cricket fixtures see, *** I've already had my quota of "allowed cricket absentisms" from DH's cricket matches . . . .

Hilary
05-01-2002, 07:15 AM
I detect a distinct lack of prioritising here ;) - I mean, how can you lot put holidays, school trips and moving house before an opportunity to attend the SW DIS meet?

Kevin, I think you may have to do a bit more of the 'hard sell' approach.......

Hilary
05-01-2002, 07:19 AM
Mrs Dazzle - you posted your question about the location as I was posting! The Old Lodge is in the Stroud, Cirencester, Cheltenham area (can't remember the exact place).

I made a valliant bid to get the venue shifted over to Swansea this time, but I was out-voted by about 27,000,000 to one, so I guess it'll be the Gloucestershire patch again :rolleyes:

UKDEB
05-01-2002, 01:29 PM
The Old Lodge is on Rodborough Common (Stroud, Gloucestershire). And there are distinguished neighbours at Minchinhampton - Fiona R and family. Oh, and Princess Anne lives there as well .................

The landlady was a riot. Trouble is, so were we! Oh well, we could make that our objective - to see off a landlady per year!

At the eleventh hour last year, I managed to turn up on my 40th birthday, no less. SO NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED!

Fantasia Sam
05-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Oh wow this sounds great - please can someone send full details to me - We're all going to be DISMeet mad soon.

Hey Shirley are you gonna organise another Essex one this year??????

Paul and Shirley
05-05-2002, 03:09 AM
We shall be there again (less Katharine who will be going back to school on the Friday).

Shirley is already revising for the quiz.

mapman
05-07-2002, 09:52 AM
Would have LOVED to come but DW and I are going to a School Reunion (thru Friends Reunited) that weekend -
perhaps next year . . . can't wait

Byeeee,

Mapman

AlisonB
05-07-2002, 11:29 AM
I'm really disappointed we're going to miss it again.....we couldn't make last year's either:rolleyes:

We'll be in Corfu then....