PDA

View Full Version : Where's the holding pen in IOA

dizneyfan23
10-01-2008, 07:35 PM
I have the 4-7 ticket for IOA before HHN tomorrow night. Just wondering where the holding pen is and which haunted houses I should try and get to first. :thumbsup2

alycia23
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I am going on sunday and have the same ticket. I would love any info on this as well.

Metro West
10-02-2008, 04:08 AM
I have the 4-7 ticket for IOA before HHN tomorrow night. Just wondering where the holding pen is and which haunted houses I should try and get to first. :thumbsup2Last weekend, the only S & S holding area was Delancey Street which is outside Finnegan's. The first house we did was Creatures.

dizneyfan23
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Well, for anyone curious about the IOA Holding area to get into HHN, from what I saw last night, (unless things were just stupid last night), it's a waste.

There are signs in Suess land that say "Crossover to HHN" with a time of 5:45 right in front of this giant gate. Well come 5:45, there is quite a few guests standing in this one area (prob around 100 or so), and nothing happens. No word from anyone on why we're still standing here. Finally at around 6:00 there is one employee at the side of the gate ( where employees walk around the gate into the backstage area) telling people it's time. So now you have well over 100 people trying to squeeze into the narrow walkway to get around the gate (rather than opening it which would have made alot more sense). Then you run to another guy who scans your ticket, then onto security for the metal detector. So by the time we actually got into the park, they'd already let the people who stood in line outside Universal in, which is B.S. the whole point of the extra $20 to stay in IOA was so that you avoided the long lines and got into HHN earlier than those who stood outside the park.

All in all, HHN was great and not too crowded. However, the IOA crossover deal was not thought-out at all and a total waste of time & money.

Metro West
10-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, for anyone curious about the IOA Holding area to get into HHN, from what I saw last night, (unless things were just stupid last night), it's a waste.

There are signs in Suess land that say "Crossover to HHN" with a time of 5:45 right in front of this giant gate. Well come 5:45, there is quite a few guests standing in this one area (prob around 100 or so), and nothing happens. No word from anyone on why we're still standing here. Finally at around 6:00 there is one employee at the side of the gate ( where employees walk around the gate into the backstage area) telling people it's time. So now you have well over 100 people trying to squeeze into the narrow walkway to get around the gate (rather than opening it which would have made alot more sense). Then you run to another guy who scans your ticket, then onto security for the metal detector. So by the time we actually got into the park, they'd already let the people who stood in line outside Universal in, which is B.S. the whole point of the extra $20 to stay in IOA was so that you avoided the long lines and got into HHN earlier than those who stood outside the park.

All in all, HHN was great and not too crowded. However, the IOA crossover deal was not thought-out at all and a total waste of time & money.I've heard that from several people so you are not alone. From what I understand, last year ran like clockwork. I wonder what the problem is this year? :confused3

donaldduck352
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I would of been mad as heck!!!