PDA

View Full Version : confused again


bschool
03-04-2001, 10:24 AM
I just earned a doctorate in ed administration but confess that my chances of getting a doctorate in DVC skills is no where in sight. We planned to buy into WDL. However, as a NeW Yorker, DVC cannot yet offer WLV until it's cleared (by someone)in NY - as much as 6 mos. from now. My DVC salesperson advised that we might want to come to WDW to buy it in person, prior to that and I never overlook a chance to come to WDW. However, even a weekend trip will cost $I'd rather invest into my points. TO top it off, we had previously booked BC for August until we decided to buy into WLV. I've not yet canceled this because now I'm nervous that even if I manage to get WVL, they won't be able to place me in there for AUgust.

Is this making sense to anyone? ANy advice is appreciated.

robinb
03-04-2001, 08:45 PM
If you really want to buy at VWL, then it sounds like you might be stuck :(. You have the alternative of buying at OKW or BWV through a resale. Maybe your DVC salesperson can work some "magic" for you in August when you go to buy. I wonder if an existing cash reservation at the VWL would be converted to points for you.


-- Robin

chris1gill
03-05-2001, 05:10 AM
The good news, is that if you go down to Disney & purchase, more than likely (almost guaranteed) your guide will get you your dates in August- mine was able to do this for me when we bought at BW... They do save some rooms for just such an event... Talk to your guide about setting that up for you & make an appt. to go down there ASAP to sign the paperwork.... If $$$ is a question, when you go down for the weekend or whatever, use Priceline with bonus money to get a place to stay offsite for small money!! Maybe you could even stay onsite using points after you sign the paperwork - I've heard of other members doing just that!!! You aren't the first to be in this situation... Good luck! Talk to your guide about the details of getting a villa for the date you sign the paperwork & also for your August trip!

Pooh
03-05-2001, 05:20 AM
bschool

Did someone at DVC tell you six months?
Two weeks ago, my sales rep told me that DVC would be approved to sell in New York in April or May. If it isn't until August, I may have a problem because WVL could be sold out. :(

http://www.micres.com/disney/pictures/Pooh/Btn_PigPooh01.gif

Princess Tess
03-05-2001, 05:32 AM
Why don't you see what your guide can do for you- if you just do it as a day trip maybe he could provide transportation to and from airport if you stay overnight see if he can put you up in a room in the park. That way if you do priceline and get a cheap ticket it will only be that expense and if you are able to get the booking for August then you may infact save yourself money in the end. I've always found it doesn't hurt to ask. If nothing else you'll discover who has the more motivation to make this deal. Good Luc

BobH
03-05-2001, 05:55 AM
Depending on your plans for your points and your use year you could go to Disney and buy at VWL and sell back some of your current use year points, thus paying some of the costs you incur to travel there to make the purchase. If you don't have enough points for your August vacation you would have to borrow points from your next use year.Providing reservations are available your second trip this year would not cost you very much because it would be covered by points. I don't know if this is an acceptable plan for you - you may want all your points available for use. In addition I would have your guide make all your arrangements while you are at Disney and in the process of purchasing so you don't get any suprises in the event you can't get the dates in Aughust that you need. Call your guide before you go and see if this plan is workable. I don't see why it wouldn't work. The only downside is giving up some of your first year points. Good luck!