PDA

View Full Version : So Annoying..

LilMommyBug
09-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Just got back last night - we had lots of fun, but one thing really pissed me off.

The people approaching & asking "Hey where you from?" and then wanting to survey me, or me to watch some timeshare BS (I think that's what he wanted). The timeshare guy really gave us attitude when we told him we were leaving at 7 am the next morning & couldnt come to their breakfast & listen to their spiel. "Why are you leaving so early? North Carolina is only 8 hours away!" Then he told us we could get free HHN tickets for Saturday night & proceeded to explain what HHN was - DUH we just said we are leaving Saturday morning!!!

damo
09-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Next time they ask where you're from, say, "Montreal, Canada". They'll leave you alone then.

Bluer101
09-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Thats one of the things I hate about the parks is the time share people. I did not pay to walk around the park for the day to be bothered like you are in a flea market.

The people that do the surveys are there to help improve the parks from feedback. The last time I did a survey they brought me and my family into a room over by the Mummy and I took a survey on a computer that took 10 minutes and the provided my with $20 Universal Dollars.:banana: Well worth the 10 minutes.:thumbsup2

nodoubtrock
09-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I never answer these people. I always ignore them and dodge them if I have to.

JLTraveling
09-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I'll agree that the time share people are annoying, and I definitely don't get why they didn't listen when you said you were leaving on Saturday.

However, the survey people serve a really important function, IMO. Universal is constantly trying to upgrade their offerings based on feedback from those surveys. Changes really are implemented, and quickly.

For example, at HHN last year we enjoyed the icon houses, but felt that there were too many icons and not enough victims. So we said that on a survey. Apparently a lot of other people agreed, because the very next weekend there were half the icons and twice the victims in those houses.

I love feeling like Universal actually listens to the guests. Just my opinion though.

Purseval
09-28-2008, 09:05 AM
If they make it worth my time I'll answer whatever they want but that is something we actually plan into our vacation. We already have 2 timeshare presentations scheduled and hope to add something that will get us dinner theatre tickets once we get there. It works out to close to $100/hour for our effort plus a few free meals. If you are A) on a tight budget or B) go there so much that you can afford to make time for it (that is our case) it's worth the effort IMO.

Metallicat
09-28-2008, 09:07 AM
These timeshare people had better not be with Westgate. if one of them approaches me I'm going to explode.

I have spent the last three, yes, THREE years trying to get rid of or give away my timeshare. once you buy one, you cannot GIVE these things away. I know because I belong to a board of t/s users going through the same thing.

you cannot give it back to the resort. even if it is fully paid for. they won't take it unless you find a buyer.
when you finally find someone who will buy it, they interfere with the sale. then it takes MONTHS, almost a full year to complete the title transfer. I just now finally got mine out of my name before maintenance fees, taxes etc.. roll around again. thank God!

no kidding, if a westgate person approaches me, they will get a ear full. :mad:

I am perfectly fine with the survey people though. :)

Purseval
09-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I have spent the last three, yes, THREE years trying to get rid of or give away my timeshare. once you buy one, you cannot GIVE these things away. I know because I belong to a board of t/s users going through the same thing.

We've been going to timeshare presentations for over 20 years, there is no way we would ever actually buy one. However, as long as they keep offering hundreds of dollars worth of incentives that actually have some use to us we'll keep listening to their spiel. Saying no has never been a problem for us.

no kidding, if a westgate person approaches me, they will get a ear full. :mad:

I am perfectly fine with the survey people though. :)

Westgate is one of the regulars at USF but they do rotate through companies so they may not be there the same day you are.

Metro West
09-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Next time they ask where you're from, say, "Montreal, Canada". They'll leave you alone then.Or just tell them you live in Orlando...they don't have much interest then.

patster734
09-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I never had problems with the timeshare individuals, but the survey people can be annoying. Several years ago, we did a survey for salsa dips, which was fine. (Got Universal bucks and a meal!:thumbsup2 ). But the next day (our checkout day), we were asked to take another survey. I told the individual that we had taken a survey the previous day and that we were checking out that day, but he acted like he didn't believe us, asking us what our survey covered. We just kept walking and he finally left to pester someone else.

DeblovesPoohbear
09-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Canada and Orlando are good ideas but if it was me..
I would just pretend I speaka no English :confused3 :lmao:

Subi WRX
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
I find that if we tell them we are leaving in an hour for the airport, they leave us alone. Or I tell them we've just foreclosed on our house. Either one works.

THUNDERMOUNTAINMOMMA
09-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I was sitting on a bench at the exit of Shreck waiting for the family. I watched these 2 guys approach countless people with the "Where you guys from?" shpeel. I then watched them imitate and make fun of many people behind their backs. They were soooo unprofessional. Very rude thing to do. I just don't make eye contact with them when I walk by.

Subi WRX
09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Don't forget there are 2 types of people who ask where you're from.

The first are the Westgate/timeshare thugs who pressure you into a sales meeting with thoughts of free passes or express passes or some other nonsense that it is not worth your time and aggravation.

The second type usually wears the vertically striped shirts and are interested in your opinions for testing products/surveys etc. They usually take you some place cool. They will tell you ahead of time how long it will take and what your compensation will be. Sometimes the compensation can be cool for 15 minutes of your time. Since they aren't trying to sell you anything, these aren't as bad as the Westgate morons.

macraven
09-28-2008, 02:31 PM
i love the survey people.....

i always try to go in their direction so they will pick me for doing one of their surveys.

a coke, a meal, and $20 bucks/universal money is a pretty good deal for me by only giving them 20 minutes of my time.

when the time period for the survey is 45 minutes, the rewards are greater.

Hollywoodhaha
09-28-2008, 03:28 PM
It reminds me of whenever I go to the mall and they have that dead sea nail stuff there, and you walk by in a hurry and the guys grab your hand and say "oh, your skin!" or "OH, Your nails!"

Well, yesterday at the mall, me and mom passed them. I acted like I was yelling at someone on the phone so I would have an excuse, but they grabbed mom :headache:

We were like "we already have the nail kit" which we did. Then he was acting like he didn't believe us, asking questions like "what do you have" and "when did you get it"
Then I suddenly just said "we are in a hurry, excuse us"
Then on the way out, we took a detour to get around them.