PDA

View Full Version : Best driving route to Universal?

CACCCCC
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
We will be staying near the Nickelodeon hotel near 536 and 535 intersection. We will be visiting US/IOA on Friday Oct 31 and Sat. Nov 1. If we head out around 8:00am which route would be the best with traffic? I-4, International to Universal Blvd, or Turkey Lake? Or is there a combination of these that will work to avoid traffic?

ky07
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
We will be staying near the Nickelodeon hotel near 536 and 535 intersection. We will be visiting US/IOA on Friday Oct 31 and Sat. Nov 1. If we head out around 8:00am which route would be the best with traffic? I-4, International to Universal Blvd, or Turkey Lake? Or is there a combination of these that will work to avoid traffic?

I am not from Orando but I think your best bet would be Turkey Lake cause if not mistaking it turns into Universal Blvd and is not as busy as I-4 and you might want to think about heading out earlier than 8 am espcially on nov 1st cause it is a weekend and lines for parkng will be very long as I am sure others will tell you .

Metro West
09-26-2008, 02:28 PM
We will be staying near the Nickelodeon hotel near 536 and 535 intersection. We will be visiting US/IOA on Friday Oct 31 and Sat. Nov 1. If we head out around 8:00am which route would be the best with traffic? I-4, International to Universal Blvd, or Turkey Lake? Or is there a combination of these that will work to avoid traffic?The best route to avoid traffic is Apopka-Vineland Road (under I-4) and make a right onto Palm Parkway which turns into Turkey Lake Road. Follow TLR all the way to Universal. You won't have to deal with I-4 or International Drive at all.

rpbert1
09-26-2008, 05:00 PM
The best route to avoid traffic is Apopka-Vineland Road (under I-4) and make a right onto Palm Parkway which turns into Turkey Lake Road. Follow TLR all the way to Universal. You won't have to deal with I-4 or International Drive at all.

This is the route we always take, only coming from Universal, never any traffic on it.