PDA

View Full Version : Liz and Val's PJ - WP/GF, 1-24-09; Details =)

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey Everyone! So I had a PJ that I had put up in February and was updating and stopped coming to the boards altogether because my summer was crazy and intense: my dad had neck surgery, then my mom had several back surgeries and it was a super hard recovery.

In the midst of all this throughout summer, I was planning my 1st wedding--DF and I were getting married in Canada 1st (Where he's from) to accommodate the friends and relatives up there. So the wedding happened on September 6th, and I have to say despite an awfully stressful few weeks leading up to it, the day itself was loads of fun, mellow and went off without a hitch. Because of my mom's recovery, she ended up not being able to come up for the wedding, which was really hard for both of us, but we both made the best of it--we talked on the phone a couple of days, and she spent the day with some cousins to keep her company.

Now, my mom's much better--she's no longer in chronic excruciating pain, and she's much more energetic and is very excited to be completely better for the Disney wedding in January.

i'm gonna paste some of my old entries, and then I will start to update :bride:

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
OLD POST FROM FEB 2008: Hello all brides, brides to be, and others who find bride-related business to be stimulating I joined the DisBoards at the beginning of the year, and have been lurking for a while, rearing my pretty little head every now and then…SO much good info, and I love reading the Pjs and questions, so I’m starting my own now

I hope I figure out how to add pictures and all that...

As for where we are now on the planning timeline, we've done a fair amount of groundwork. A couple of months after getting engaged, we went for a site visit; that was April or May 2007. We went to the Pavilion, visited the different resorts, and sat down with the coordinator to ask a bunch of questions and get info packets and all that.

Then a lot happened, and Disney got put on the back burner for a while. My mom loved the place itself, and loves Disney weddings, but hated the idea of doing a destination wedding for the guests, because she didn't want to make them travel. So whilst never giving up my original first choice of a Disney wedding, I started looking at other places in South Florida. Elegance, luxury and character were most important to me in choosing my ceremony and reception place. Don't get me wrong, there are many great places here. But they weren't what I wanted deep down...

Then I found my dream venue (as in 2nd place since we had eventually decided we were NOT gonna do Disney). It was this building in Palm Beach that was built around the turn of the century. It used to be a church, then it was gutted, and turned into a theater; and now it's used for theater performances and private events. So the architecture is stunning, and the place has amazing character. I was like, "Yep, that's the place for me." And even better, it was 2 miles away from a built-at-the-turn-of-the-century Catholic church. I was in heaven. I'm really into old church architecture, and don't like most modern church buildings--this church had exactly the interesting look I wanted.

I saw on its website that the theater could take a lot of people, so I was like "YEAH!!" because we had a large guest list, and it's not easy to find a perfect venue for a large number of people.

Then we drove there, and the events manager says the place can't take more than 200 in a reception. I was like "I thought it could fit like 500; the site said it could fit over 500" And he was like, "Ohh, that's just for performances, it's not for table seating."

I was SO incredibly dejected. So my mom, sis and I went outside in front of the building and just sat quietly. Then I go, "Well, let's just do Disney..." And my mom sighed heavily and started laughing quietly, and was like, "You're not gonna let Disney go, are you?" I was like, "Well, it IS my dream... " Then woohoo, here I was getting back in touch with DFTW department after 8 months of silence. Alas, the universe had not meant for my Disney dream to die...

I've been with this coordinator basically since that site visit last year--Diane Mahoney-Brown. I'm glad we were able to pick up with her this year where we left off last year. DF and I think she's great, and hate to think we'll have to start working with someone new soon... We loved doing our site visit and initial visit with her.

We got our letter of agreement earlier this week, then made necessary changes with Diane. We've signed the letter and I will send it out tomorrow SO psyched!!!!!

Ok, some details in next post.

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
OLD POST #2 FROM FEB '08:

Background Info and Proposal
My name is Liz (age 27) and DF is Val (age 31). We’ve been together for 3 years. I was blessed to find someone who loves Disney as much as I do! I'm very lucky to have lived in South Florida most of my life which made Disney World an always-nearby fun spot for me and my fam.

In Feb 2007, Val and I were on one of our many trips together to WDW, in this particular case to celebrate our 2-year anniversary. We were staying in one of the tower rooms at the Contemporary and he had made reservations at Disney’s California Grill for anniv dinner. We were dressed up, and went outside on the outdoor walkway to look at the parks. He started telling me how much he loves me and then I blinked and when I opened my eyes he was down on one knee. I started jumping around and shrieking, “Omigod, you’re doing it!” lol So that was wonderful, and we proceeded to have a lovely dinner and already started imagining our own wedding there. :lovestruc

I’ve been to a couple of Disney weddings--my cousin did hers there, as well as one of my best friends, and we pretty much always knew we wanted it there because it’s a place that means so much to us. We go several times a year, and every time we drive through those Disney World gates, our troubles melt away and the giddiness sets in and we feel that “happiest place on earth” sensation :dance3:

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Old Post from March '08:

Wedding Plans So Far

Date: Saturday January 24, 2009.

Locations: We’re doing the ceremony at 5:00 PM at the Wedding Pavilion. Cocktail hour in Whitehall room and its patio, with a part of one of the ballrooms. Reception at Grand Floridian ballrooms.

Colors: Pink and orange, mine and Val’s favorite colors, respectively. And SCORE!-- these colors match the GF ballrooms PERFECTLY.

Gown: probably this Mary’s Bridal dress that I tried that I really loved. My mom and I went to a bridal gown shop, and it was the first dress I tried on and we both knew that it would be the one.

Photography: Christopher Patrick. www.cpoweddings.com The photographer and his wife got married at Disney World, so they know all about it. Val and I loved their pictures, and we met up with them formally during a Disney visit earlier this year and clicked well with them. We actually haven’t signed our contract yet--wanted to wait until we sign wedding contract first, but we’re decided on the photographer.

Rehearsal dinner / Farewell Brunch: No formal plans yet. I’d love to do a breakfast/brunch the morning after, but not sure yet. If I could do it for little $, then that would be perfect.

Room block: GF, Polynesian, Caribbean Beach and Disney All Star Music. We wanted Contemporary but there was nothing available. Even a year out!! Grr!!

Bridal Party

Bride: Liz
Groom: Val
Maids of Honor: my 2 sisters, Farah and Yamilee
Bridesmaids:
My cousin Patricia
Best friend/pseudo-sister Liz
Best friends since high school: Elena, Maria Alejandra, Isabel (also a Disney bride, yay!)
Best friend since college: Monica

Have I asked them all to be my bridesmaids yet? Nope. But hopefully they’ll accept! Well, I already asked half of them, actually--my cousin and 2 of my friends. I had ordered these adorable “Will you be my bridesmaid? I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress” cards last year, which I haven’t sent out yet. I wrote them all yesterday, and will send them out this week.

Junior Bridesmaid: My Aneta J who is Val’s only first cousin. She’s 11 and we’re very close, and I want her to stand out at the wedding, and to have a very special place of honor.

Best Men: Val’s 2 brothers Cris and Georgel
Groomsmen:
Val’s best friends Marinel and Dinu
And we don’t know who else just yet, but that’ll come.

Ringbearers: We’ll have our 3 little boy nephews walk up together; at the time of the wedding, they will be 3, 4 and 5.

Flower girl: our little Emma, Val’s 5-year old niece.

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/Bridesmaidcard.jpg
My 'Will you be my bridesmaid' card

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/insidecardBLOTTED.jpg
Example of what I wrote to one of my bridesmaids

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Here are DF and I, last year at Yacht Club. We were going down to the restaurant for breakfast and there he was in the lobby! Yay, can you tell I was giddy?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/xmasdisneymickey.jpg

DF and I at Magic Kingdom around Christmas 2006.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/xmasdisney.jpg

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Update:

I sent back my letter of agreement today, with my deposit!! :cool1: Hopefully they'll receive it tomorrow...

I also put the deposits down for my gowns. 2 dresses, because 2 weddings.

The first wedding will be in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada on September 6, 2008. DF is Romanian, and Orthodox, so the first ceremony must take place in an Orthodox church. Logistically, it would have just been too hard to cram all the guests into one wedding. Having 200 people travel from Canada, and another 300 from other countries, that would have just been a big headache for us. The 2 weddings help us keep things simpler.

Much more of this wedding planning however will fall on us. I’m looking quite forward to the planning because the reception hall is such a large blank canvas, but I’m not looking forward to the bridesmaids dresses part of the planning, since I live here and the bridesmaids live in a few different areas across North America.

I wanted black dresses, because I like the look of bridesmaids in black, and it would have made things easy for me since I live in another country-- i.e. ‘Please be my bridesmaid. Pick any great dress, as long as it’s completely black.’

The Canadian ceremony will be at the Romanian Church in Kitchener, Ontario. The reception will take place at their cultural hall.

We have already booked our photographer: www.trinakoster.com

That’s about all we’ve done for that one.

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Updates:

I have been assigned a wedding planner. I was at the beach today, and didn't hear the phone ring at the time unfortunately. But was pleased afterwards to hear a voicemail from Marion Stewart introducing herself to me and letting me know that she would be sending info, etc. :goodvibes

I sent out my bridesmaids invitations, and all have accepted :cutie:

Now I have until January to get like, 4 sizes smaller :rotfl: well, not really--but I wouldn't mind some minor bodily improvements here and there ;)

Signing out for now :bride:

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Got my LOA signed copy, and our APs.

Also received the stub/copy of our free room night for the wedding, which looked like Disney credit card junk mail and almost got thrown out :rolleyes1 But is now safely tucked away.

Time to start thinking about planning session, I guess...

My mom really wants us to do the PS before the 6-month mark since she doesn't want to go to Disney during summer months. I have to admit--neither do I (yes, South Floridians tend to be wimps with the heat ;) ) So I know the prices don't lock in until 6 months before, which would make it this July, in my case. But I'd rather make my choices before then, even if prices dont lock in until later.

Trying to figure out what we'll do with my nephew during planning session and tasting. We really wanted my parents, DF, both sisters and I at the tasting and planning session, and the wedding coordinator checked, and said that was fine. But with the little guy there, we can't do the tasting in the kitchen, which sucks. Plus, we definitely can't have him at the PS because that's like 4 hours long or something, right? So I could have one sister babysit, but then that's one MOH's opinion out of the running, which sucks too.

The devilish angel who might keep us from having our tasting in the GF kitchen. Oh yes, and he's one of the ringbearers too :angel:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/LePetitChef.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/Genlymask7.jpg

We got the cake CD and music sampler also. We narrowed it down to like, I don't know, 15 cakes or something, lol. Still a big number, but I guess we at least eliminated much of what they offer :cake:

Next step: finding waltzing lessons for me and DF. We've always wanted to do a waltz for our first dance, and we want to do it to the Sleeping Beauty Waltz, the finale version from the Sleeping Beauty soundtrack--my favorite of the Disney Princesses princess: . I have LOVED that waltz my whole life, have sung it my whole life, and I think it's perfect for the first dance--nice and short, about 2 minutes. Won't linger on so much that the DJ has to fade it out :laughing: Then once all those dance formalities are out of the way, we can get down, like this guy ---> :dancer:

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey Disboarders :)

So we've done some more cementing/planning for wedding #1, which is so much sooner than my mind is registering... September 6 :love:

Today, we booked our party bus. It's a big party bus for about 30, which is what we'll use for transportation from ceremony to picture site, then back. You can check it out here:

http://www.auniversal.com/fleet/index.php

Scroll down and it's the coach one with the nightclub interior :cool2: It fits 30 people, so it'll be DF and I, our parents, wedding ceremony godparents, and wedding party.

We booked our decorator. Looking through the portfolios of most of the decorators online in the Kitchener-Waterloo area of Canada, I wanted to hurl because ALL of the weddings looked exactly the same. It was as though every decorator in that area worked on the same wedding together and distributed pictures from that one event among all their websites.

But I found this event planner, Kyle, who has a really refreshingly modern and creative take to things, so I contacted him and asked my future sister-in-law to meet with him to see more examples of his work, get his pricing, etc.

This is his site:

http://www.customelements.ca/

Our colors for Canada are red, black, and white. The reception site there is a giant room. Because it's a blank canvas, DF and I are excited to have 2 completely different types of weddings. I want the look in Canada to be very bold and modern, whereas the Disney wedding, I prefer a more opulent look that I think will mesh perfectly with GF.

My sister, who is a cake designer, will be making our cake for the wedding up there. I want a tall tiered cake. I want separators between the layers, but rather than columns, she's going to build solid separators so that she can incorporate this red and black decorative pattern that DF created as the base for our invitation.

Bridesmaids dresses will be shades of red. I don't really care whether it ends up being burgundy or scarlet, but a bold red is what I'm thinking.

Probably non-floral centerpieces, which I think I can easily get away with since I'm going for a very modern look with this reception.

My mom, who used to be a floral designer, will make my bouquet. I'm thinking roses for myself. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the bridesmaids bouquets because my thinking is that they won't do much with them after, so I'd like ribbon-tied bunches of blood red gerbera daisies for them. It's a more budget conscious decision that looks youthful and modern, but still elegant.

Something like this:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/dark-red-gerber-bouquet.jpg

I think that's all for now... I'm heading to Disney World tomorrow with DF to meet up with my siblings-in-law and their 4 little ones who will be visiting from Canada for a week and a half. A 5-year old, a 4-year old, and 8-month-old twin boys!! It'll be Emma's 6th birthday while we're there too, so she's got a Bibbidi Bobbidi appointment in the morning on Tuesday, then at night we're all doing dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We're staying at Caribbean Beach. We'll be there until Thursday :woohoo:

Love the World, but I'll miss the Dis while I'm away!

thatdisneygirl
09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I love gerbera daisy bouquets. They're so sweet and they make such an impact without the huge cost. If we had ended up doing real flowers, I totally would have gone that direction!

Glad you made the move over this side of the forums. :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
I love gerbera daisy bouquets. They're so sweet and they make such an impact without the huge cost. If we had ended up doing real flowers, I totally would have gone that direction!

Glad you made the move over this side of the forums. :goodvibes

Thanks Carly! They were definitely the right flower for me. I agree with you--they're gorgeous, happy flowers that take up a lot of space in a flower arrangement--which is what I wanted!

keenercam
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi, Liz!! It is so great to see you back here. I'm glad your Mom is doing better. It will be so much fun for you to plan now, knowing she is feeling so well. Congratulations on your wedding! Now you get to relax a bit and plan another fun day! Can't wait to hear more!

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi, Liz!! It is so great to see you back here. I'm glad your Mom is doing better. It will be so much fun for you to plan now, knowing she is feeling so well. Congratulations on your wedding! Now you get to relax a bit and plan another fun day! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks so much!! It's great to be back; I missed the Dis so much :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
OK, so now that I added my old posts, I can update with current stuff!

Update #1: I'm married now! Yay! DH and I tied the 1st knot in Ontario, Canada on Sept 6, 2008. The weeks leading up to it were completely hellish, but the wedding day itself was totally relaxed and fun. I had no nervousness whatsoever.

The day was LOOOONG. I woke up at 5:45 AM and the limo bus picked up my sisters, 2 of my bridesmaids, and me at our hotel and took us to my sister-in-law's house. The bus was sooo much fun. They had champagne and pastries ready for us and it was like a little living room inside, so it was totally comfortable. We arrived at her house and my brother-in-law was outside with his camcorder ready to film us getting off the bus (looking quite tired, lol).

The hair and make-up team were there waiting for us, and started working on bridesmaids right away. The bus went to pick up other bridal party members while I relaxed on the couch and wrote my thank-you cards for my bridal party to put with their gifts.

i'm gonna add these updates little by little because my browser froze a couple of times and I don't want to forget what I wrote!

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Here are some pictures I took in the morning:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/Ladies1.jpg

Some of my Bridal Party chilling and getting ready on the morning of the Wedding.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/TheKids.jpg

My junior bridesmaid and flower girl choosing their hairdos from a magazine as one of the ringbearers and another nephew look on.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/SherryandEmma.jpg

My Flower Girl getting her hair done

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
So as the rest of the bridal party, and MIL arrived and got their hair and makeup done, I wrote my thank-you cards to add to their gifts. I provided the hair and makeup, since I thought it would be more convenient since many of the bridemaids were from out of town. I gave the bridal party their wedding day jewelry and hair jewelry, which were these great crystal sets that I found at an import shopping district I like to go to for costume jewelry. For their thank-you gifts, I gave them Coach wristlets.

In the mid-morning, my wedding day coordinator brought over my dress and veil, then the videographer and photographer arrived.

Then I got ready in the late morning; Did my hair and makeup and headed upstairs to get dressed. Once that was done, I took a few pictures--complete with lots of laughing as my wedding coordinator and I attempted to put in two, yes TWO sets of fake ****s inside my already-padded bra to fill in the chest-portion of the bodice.

Then we all got on the bus and headed over to the Church. About 2 minutes before we turned onto the Church street, the busdriver put on "Going to the Chapel," which we all started singing along to :bride: The bridal party got off the bus and I sat and waited for all of them to be lined up and order.

The weather could not have been more perfect. It had rained the day before, and it POURED the day after, but the day of, it was clear sunny skies with some fluffy clouds, slightly breezy, in the low 70s. PERFECT!! :cool2:

The bridal party filed in down the aisle, then it was my turn, so I took my dad's arm and started my march. :lovestruc

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/BasetLise.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/BasetLise2.jpg

More coming soon!

keenercam
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Stunning! You looked absolutely stunning, sweetie!! :faint:

So, are you wearing your gown again in Disney? It is gorgeous!

bridetobe789
09-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on your recent wedding!! Your gown is gorgeous!! I love the sparkles on it!! How exciting getting to plan two weddings!

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Stunning! You looked absolutely stunning, sweetie!! :faint:

So, are you wearing your gown again in Disney? It is gorgeous!

Thanks!! :bride: i'm wearing a different gown for Disney. Hopefully a daughter or relative someday will want to use one of them!!

Congratulations on your recent wedding!! Your gown is gorgeous!! I love the sparkles on it!! How exciting getting to plan two weddings!

Thank you! The sparkles excited me very much princess: We're so psyched to start planning the other one!

GlobalDiva
09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
OK, so now I'm back and covered in mosquito bites (the joys of honeymooning on the Southwest Florida coast;) it is gorgeous here though!).

Some wedding details...

Florals

Bridesmaids bouquets were 6 deep red Gerbera daisies, stems wrapped in black ribbon, surrounded by banana leaf. The bouquets had little red crystals interspersed throughout. The flower girl's bouquet was the same thing, but half the size.

This is a pic a friend took of some of the bridesmaids, you can get an idea of their bouquets:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/OutsideChurch4.jpg

My own bouquet had red gerbera daisies, red roses, red dahlias, and red hypericum. The stems were wrapped in white ribbon with red ribbon braided over the white.

Ignore the weird expression in this snapshot, lol

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/LiseandValoutsideChurch.jpg

My toss bouquet was a tiny version of mine.

Decor

Our colors were red and black, with some white accents.

We had black chair covers and black table linens. Plates were plain white, and we used red napkins which we folded and wedged under the soup bowl so that it could hang off the table.

The decorator put panels of red fabric along the ceiling. He made red and white feather centerpieces in tall, thin vases which were set on top of these discs that light up and shoot light upward into the centerpiece. We put a bunch of little red votives on each of the tables, which burned for hours and hours (they were a fabulous dollar store find--6 red candles in decorative glass for $1!--I bought all of them!!!).

Here's a pic that a friend took:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/TheHall.jpg

I'll add more details soon! DH is begging me to make smores at the hotel's fire pit.

Seewhatimesdone
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow I love your color scheme! Everyone looks great. The tables look really awesome :thumbsup2

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow I love your color scheme! Everyone looks great. The tables look really awesome :thumbsup2
Thanks!! We met with a LOT of resistance from the older ladies in his family about the color black, but everyone else thought it was great, lol

keenercam
09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Liz -- everything is gorgeous. Your flowers were so unique and pretty. Your reception decor was absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing pix!

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
I just wanted to add some pictures from the wedding. They're low-res images so they look a bit spotty, but oh well ;)

These are our invitations from the first wedding. Val is a graphic designer, so he designed every part of the invites (but not without some of my instructions :thumbsup2 )and printed them on shimmer card stock. The ceremony invite was an accordion style card with folds. The reception card was its own separate card. Each picture represents one particular fold of the invite.

I wanted a cameo/silhouette type of element on the invite, so Val designed a pattern in our wedding colors of our profiles.

Ignore the red border around the pictures ;)

On the cover of the invite I had one of my favorite quotes, and Val did a floral vine type of design around it:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/invite1.jpg

The ceremony portion of the invite was this:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/invite2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/invite3.jpg

The reception card was:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/invite5.jpg

And the backsides of all of them had our pattern on it:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/invite4.jpg

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I wanted to add a couple of low-res versions of some shots that my photographer took :thumbsup2

This is my hairdo:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/Bridalhairdo.jpg

A picture of me:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/brideportrait.jpg

The Church :) Isn't it quaint?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/StJohntheBaptist.jpg

My Little Ringbearers :lovestruc

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/RingBearers.jpg

My Bridesmaids During the Ceremony:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/bridesmaids-1.jpg

Me from the back, hoping the crown doesn't mess up my hairdo:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/crowned.jpg

Right after the ceremony, a Romanian custom--a band plays outside and the bridal party dances a hora:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/hora.jpg

Val and I walking over from the Church to take pictures:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/walking.jpg

Us with our bridal party:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/uswithbridalparty.jpg

I love this picture:cutie: :

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/walkingover.jpg

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Here is my ring. The engagement is in the middle and the guard on either side is the band:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/thering.jpg

Hubby and I; We took some of those pictures on the Church property, and I had told our photographer I wanted photos either at a farm or at a barn. Luckily, the church is surrounded by farmland, so drove for a few minutes and found an old barn for pictures!:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/BWportrait.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/Portrait.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/barnfield.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/outsidebarn.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/thehike.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/AtTheBarn.jpg

Our cake, which my sister made:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/wedcake.jpg

Val's dad made wine for the party; he made a red wine and a white wine, then Val designed wine labels using childhood pictures. I was the red wine, he was the white:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/winelabels.jpg

Our Dessert Table:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/desserttable.jpg

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:56 PM
OK, now that wedding #1 is out of the way, I can talk about Disney :woohoo:

Val, my parents and I just came back from our planning session. It's been craziness!!! We came back from Canada a couple of days after the wedding, then we had visitors for a week, then we finally took off the the west coast of Florida for a few days for a little honeymoon, came back and left the next day for our PS.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs, which is one of my fave hotels and is now no longer a quiet place!! I had never seen it so crowded before, but at least many other people seem to love it too; I felt it was under-appreciated ;)

We arrived on Sunday, and had our session yesterday morning with our planner, Marion Stewart. I loved her, and so did my parents. She was very friendly and also calm and collected.

We began our tasting around 10:45 AM in the GF kitchen (or should I say we began our gigantic brunch at 10:45 AM... ;) ).

i'll add pictures in a moment...gotta run. Husbands are so needy sometimes!! :laughing: not that I can complain about my darling other half. I'll post details tonight!

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Liz -- everything is gorgeous. Your flowers were so unique and pretty. Your reception decor was absolutely beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing pix!
Thanks so much!

jack_loves_sally
09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Holy Cow!!! Everything is beautiful!!! I love all of the little touches you added to make everything your own..well done! :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Holy Cow!!! Everything is beautiful!!! I love all of the little touches you added to make everything your own..well done! :goodvibes
Thanx so much!!

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 10:35 PM
OK, so we were greeted in the lobby of the GF Convention Center by our planner Marion. We headed to the kitchen and started eating right before 11.

Our names on the wall made us smile :goodvibes

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/OurNameInTheKitchenSMALL.jpg

And the cherubs sitting on the table beside us made us smile too :angel:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/CherubGFKitchenSMALL.jpg

We tried 4 pre-reception items: the vegetable samosas, the seafood fritters, the spring roll, and the chicken in a wonton cup. We loved the first three, weren't so crazy about the chicken in the wonton, so we went instead with the chicken on the ginger skewer. I was concentrating heavily on the samosas, so I forgot to take a picture :sad2: Well, I didn't try the seafood fritter because I'm allergic to shellfish.

For appetizers, we tried the shrimp cocktail and the crabcakes (although by "we" I mean "they" ;) )

We all loved the way the shrimp cocktail is presented; I love the teardrop shaped plate:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/ShrimpCocktailCloseup.jpg

They all thought the crabcakes were too salty:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/CrabCakesCloseup.jpg

We tried the raspberry-champagne sorbet. It's beautifully presented in a little glass flower with some yummy kiwi sauce on the plate:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/RaspberryChampagneSorbetKiwiSauce.jpg

We knew that for the dinner we would do a duo no matter what. We tried two different combinations.

The first was beef and lobster:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/BeefLobsterCloseup.jpg

The mashed potatoes were delicious. Because I can't have lobster, I had a plate with just beef:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/MyBeefPlate.jpg

The beef was really good, very tender. The chef put a port wine reduction on the beef; everything had a great flavor.

We also tried a chicken and tilapia duo. It was a simple pan-seared chicken, well seasoned. My family had the tilapia crusted with a nut that I couldn't have, mine had no crust. Apparently they all preferred it with the crust. They served it with mashed potatoes and asparagus. I told Marion that I definitely wanted asparagus with whatever I choose; it's one of my fave foods.

So I was practically in a food coma by then so I forgot to take a picture of the chicken and fish, but they tasted really good.

We also had the white chocolate slipper for dessert:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/mbastien/SlipperDessert.jpg

It was really delicious.

Final Food Decisions:

For cocktail hour, we're doing the samosas with mango yogurt sauce, spring rolls with chili sauce, seafood fritters with remoulade, and chicken and ginger skewers.

For dinner, we're doing a caesar salad, the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. We're having the raspberry sorbet. The entree will be the beef filet paired with fish. We would like sea bass, but we're good with the tilapia too. We'll have it with the mash and asparagus and some carrot.

We're not having dessert. It's a way to save money, and to ensure that the guests eat the cake that we're buying, so cake is dessert :cake:

We did our cake tasting later in the afternoon at the end of our planning session. We chose a couple of different combinations for the cake. The main cake will be red velvet with cream cheese icing. One of the sheet cakes will be yellow cake with Bavarian cream filling. The other sheet cake will be marble cake with the raspberry cream filling. i'm just glad I'm the bride, so I'll get to have a piece of all 3 on the big night!!!

For the champagne, I asked Marion to see if she can find this particular blush/red sparkling wine because I like the taste first and foremost, and secondly the blush color matches my wedding colors.

I loved dealing with Marion. The only thing I'm a bit stressed about at this point is florals. I feel like that wasn't really completely resolved. Val and I really love candelabras, so we're most likely going to alternate: half the centerpieces will be gold candelabras with a flower centerpiece in the center, the rest will be gold candelabras with all candles, and decorative crystals. So i'm hoping the floral budget estimate isn't something staggering.

Checking out for now :bride:

lpizzuro123
10-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow - great pictures and wonder journal.

I love the ringbearers bears - can I ask where you got them. That is such a great idea. We are having a 4 year old ringbearer and I think he is a little scared about walking down the aisle by himself. The ringbearer bear would be great for him to carry and then he could keep it.

Linda

GlobalDiva
10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow - great pictures and wonder journal.

I love the ringbearers bears - can I ask where you got them. That is such a great idea. We are having a 4 year old ringbearer and I think he is a little scared about walking down the aisle by himself. The ringbearer bear would be great for him to carry and then he could keep it.

Linda

Thanx Linda :)

We loved our ringbearer bears! I chose them as a cute, fun alternative to a pillow; for the Disney wedding, we're going to have them walk down with tuxedoed Mickeys ::MickeyMo The boys loved them and they make great souvenirs from the wedding as well.

We got our bears at David's Bridal. I think they each cost $24 or something. I'm sure I could have gotten them cheaper online, but I was there at the time checking out accessories, they had 3 of them in stock, the bears were properly dressed, and I knew the quality of the stuffed animals right then and there (super soft!!).

lpizzuro123
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I have been to Davids Bridal and never saw those bears. They are very cute and perfect. Seeing your bears made me think about getting a bear for our ring bearer. I might go to Build a Bear and get one. I'll have to start checking them out.

Great idea.
Linda

keenercam
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Marilise -- weren't those samosas to die for? :faint: OMG! I LOVED them and wanted them but we had to forgo them because we are already doing a soup course and a salad course (after a brunch-y pre-reception). Everything sounds fabulous!

GlobalDiva
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Marilise -- weren't those samosas to die for? :faint: OMG! I LOVED them and wanted them but we had to forgo them because we are already doing a soup course and a salad course (after a brunch-y pre-reception). Everything sounds fabulous!
UGH, they were SOO delicious!!!

GlobalDiva
12-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey all :) It's been a while since I updated and I've spent the last 2 weeks catching up on everyone's PJs and TRs and questions.

Had a nice (but cold, at least for a South Floridian!!) Thanksgiving in South Carolina, and am now back home where I can enjoy my yummy coffee drinks from my wonderful coffee machine (and save $4+ a day because I never go to Starbucks anymore!!).

Now most of the dust has died down from first wedding in September. Biggest woes with that one now--I haven't gotten my thank-you cards out yet because Val has been too busy to design them. It's wonderful being married to an artist, but they take on more than they can chew sometimes!!! But those will be done this week finally and I'll be getting them out at about the 3-months-post-wedding mark.

We had 1,000 proofs from that wedding, and over Thanksgiving weekend I loaded most of them into two 500-picture photo albums so that I could have them well organized. We love our pictures, but I feel like we were heavily nickeled and dimed for stuff. In the end, we have spent about $7,000 on the picture package. This does include the coffee table books that we'll be making, but we definitely went a bit over there. Luckily our photo package for the Disney wedding will cost much less!

I haven't even done anything yet with our photog or our videographer from first wedding, because I was wedding'ed out after that day! We'll have to plan a trip to Canada to organize our wedding videos and photos in the new year anyway.

Good news:

I booked a videographer for the Disney wedding. He's the videographer we had for our Canada wedding! Ever since we had first met, we had told him we were doing 2 weddings and he had mentioned that he'd be interested in doing the Disney one. He's a huge Disney fan, is super familiar with the whole property because he's spent a ton of time there.

He was going to be vacationing at Disney with his wife and son at the end of January, so he told us if we wanted to use him, it would be the same price as in Canada, no extra fees or anything like that since he was going to be here anyway. We were really happy with his service and he interacted SO well with the bridal party and guests. We also loved that he always films the rehearsal the day before; it's nice to have footage of that as well. So we discussed it with him and our wedding planner sent the waiver out and that's all set! :thumbsup2

My bridal party has been steadily ordering their dresses at David's Bridal, which is great. You know, it's funny. I always heard such bad reviews about David's, but I've been there several times to get bridal party-related clothes and accessories for both weddings and my experiences have been really good every time. I guess I'm lucky to have a good location close to home.

My two maids of honor will be wearing these dresses in Truffle brown:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Sunday%20Brunch/Canada/truffleyam.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Sunday%20Brunch/Canada/trufflefaye.jpg

The rest of the bridal party will be wearing different long dresses of their choosing in Rose Petal.

OK, out for now, I'll update more later today!

GlobalDiva
12-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Woohoo, a large portion of my invites are out :banana: (ahem, a tad late, but we won't say anything about that :rolleyes1 ).

Val and I will FedEx our Canadian guests' invites to my in-laws over there so that they can add some Canadian postage since we forgot to bring some down.

Some guest list drama from the guests up there though: a bunch of the guests who were at the wedding up there have been pressuring for invites to the Disney wedding. It's like, um hello, we had the wedding there to accommodate friends up there and the one down here was to accommodate friends down here. We had planned on inviting a few people from up there to the one down here as well, but more wanna come. I told my cousin up there about that and she was like, "Disney World's open to the public! Why are they insisting on coming to your wedding just cuz they feel like traveling to FL?!" :rotfl:

Plus my reception is an adults only reception and this is not really understood in Romanian culture (or not accepted, whichever), so I was forced to make exceptions for certain guests for their kids because my in-laws didn't want everyone to get pissed at them. So while my own first cousins' children were not invited for instance, and close friends' children were not invited (and this measure was accepted graciously and with understanding by these particular guests), I've had to make exceptions for random kids that we're not even close to. But I suppose it could be worse. We had always planned to have our own nieces and nephews in our wedding party (4 little ones total), and in addition to that, I think we'll be dealing with another 7 children.

Not that I don't have a fondness for children by the way, but inviting everyone's children would not have fit in our budget. Our guest list is roughly 300 people, and adding children would have caused the list to balloon by at least 100 people if not more.

I'm also kind of pissed at MIL for blabbing about the wedding so often to people that we had no intention of inviting. My mother and I were always so good with never discussing the wedding with other people unless it was close/immediate relatives. If it somehow came up in other circumstances, it was 'Yeah, we're doing a wedding in Canada for friends and family up there, and we're doing one after in FL for our circle down here.' But she has to always talk about "the wedding at Disney" this and the "wedding at Disney" that to people who aren't on the guest list!! Which of course puts us in awkward positions!! :mad: Well, she can field their "where's my invite" questions when they come.

Whew, ok, please excuse the rant, lol. I love my MIL and we get along really well, but this kind of drove me crazy. In Romanian culture, guests only give cash gifts to the couple because the thought process is that they wish to give you money to offset the cost of the wedding, as well as a little extra to help you start your life. So in essence, you can use a large portion of that money to pay off wedding costs if you wish and still have money leftover to put towards your goal of buying a house, or a car, etc whatever goal you and spouse have.

But that is not the custom in my circle. My parents are hosting this wedding completely on their own, and it's a heavy cost and we invited a large number of guests on their side so it's not fair to impose more of my in-laws' guests on the wedding here when we already had a wedding up there to accommodate those very people. And the wedding there cost WAY less because it was a cultural hall as opposed to a venue like Disney.

OK, excuse my rant for the 2nd time. I'm also not money-obsessed, but in this economy where both of my parents are self-employed and job security is not what it was even a year ago, every freaking penny counts :guilty:

But on to happy thoughts, the rest of the invites will go out tomorrow!! :cloud9:

GlobalDiva
12-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, yesterday we started putting actual money towards the wedding, so it feels completely real and official, as opposed to a wonderful dream :wizard:

RSVP's have begun to roll in slowly... many yes's, some no's. We'll see where we end up. 315 people were invited, and when I factor in people who have just told us they won't be able to make it, we're currently at 280 people who will be coming, or haven't yet sent in their responses.

I'm hoping we get the majority of our RSVPs on time, so that we have a couple of days to chase any guests down who haven't given us a response :eek:

I'm in the process now of trying to work on my floral issues. I wanted gold candelabras with flower arrangements, but I was being quoted $175 per arrangement, plus the cost of renting the candelabra, putting me at a little over $200 a centerpiece. That price was for a large carnations-only arrangement. This was really too steep for me, considering the number of tables that will need centerpieces, so I told them that I can't pay an amount anywhere near that per centerpiece, so I'd like to know if they could do an arrangement of mostly greenery instead with just a few flowers (I am alright with any type of flower as long as it's in my wedding color family), and she quoted me roughly $150 for something like that, plus the cost of candelabra.

Other than that, things have been going pretty well and everyone's getting really excited. I made a wedding website and people have been visiting and leaving nice messages and feedback.

Our room block is filling up, but I'm sure there will be some additions and some minuses since various things have changed since the save-the-dates went out. We're at about 70 room nights of our contracted 113, and we'll see if we need to make any changes since we're just several days away from being able to make permanent changes.

OK, that's all for now! :bride:

GlobalDiva
12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Happy Holidays fellow DIS-ers :thumbsup2

So, what's new on my wedding planning front?

Firstly, I'm very proud to report that I have met my room night minimum!! Woohoo! I had to meet a 113-room night minimum, and it is now met! Yay! :banana: This was challenging. We had invited a little over 300 guests (about 315), so we wanted to make sure we had a lot of rooms available. And as you all know well, the more rooms you ask them to block off, the bigger your guarantee has to be. So we had to guarantee 113 room nights. Well, a lot of people have declined, and we're ending up with a guest count of somewhere around 220, which definitely helps expense wise. But we didn't know they would all decline, so we didn't alter our room block 90 days out when we could have done so. So we were pretty nervous, but our guests just kind of ended up booking pretty late, but they came through (along with a guardian angel :bride: )

My sisters threw me a bridal shower last weekend at my cousin's house. Which was a ton of fun. It was a ladies' garden party theme. We lucked out with a gorgeous South Florida day, and a wonderful time was had by all :cool1:

Here are some pictures:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MewithEars.jpg

Me with my Mouse Ears :cutie:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeLaughing.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeandYamie.jpg

My with one of my sisters (both of whom are maids of honor)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Group3.jpg

Me with my close friends and bridesmaids.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Food.jpg

Yummy food that my sisters prepared.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Cupcakes.jpg

Cupcakes that my sister made.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Teatime.jpg

Tea time!

GlobalDiva
12-26-2008, 01:24 PM
We are going with the gold candelabras for table decor. We're alternating them: half the tables will be candelabras with all candles, and some petals on the table. The rest will be candelabras with a flower ball in the middle.

This is the arrangement I'm doing, except this is roses with carnations, but mine will be all carnations bunched up tightly in a ball, all peach in color to match our pink-and-orange-with-brown-accent color scheme. Also the candelabra here is silver, but ours will be gold.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/flowerball.jpg

We're also going to do some organza overlays over the ivory tablecloths. We haven't decided on the overlay color yet. We're not covering the chairs, as it's too expensive, and fortunately for us they match our color scheme and the GF ballrooms perfectly.

Now we're trying to figure out what to do for our rehearsal dinner...we want to do it on property no matter what. I would love Narcoosee's, but we'll see.

OK, I think that's it for now!

GlobalDiva
12-26-2008, 01:30 PM
We're having the English Butler. My mom wanted the Major Domo, but I like the idea of the English Butler more, not sure why :thumbsup2

We booked an EPCOT photo session 2 days after the wedding. I chose EPCOT because DH and I LOVE the world showcase and I think we could get some wonderful shots in a couple of places around there.

I'm booked for a vintage Rolls for now. I LOVE vintage cars and I always wanted some photos of us in one for the wedding. We couldn't do it in Canada because we had the party bus, which was AWESOME, but I don't wanna miss the opportunity to do it here.

GlobalDiva
01-02-2009, 11:34 AM
I booked Beaute Speciale for hair and makeup!!!!!!!!!! BIG source of stress off my shoulders!!!!

Now I'm freaking out a bit about finding an officiant... :confused:

DisneyBrideToni
01-02-2009, 01:03 PM
YAY for booking beaute speciale!!!! I can't wait to work with them also. What officient were you thinking of? I booked Rev. Jack Day because I thought he was adorable. My second choice was Rev. Kevin Knox. I heard that he was a great also.

Lynn5700
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
WOW your colors are gorgeous! Everything was just beautiful...aww and your shower was beautiful!!!

Yay for booking Beaute Speciale! You will love them!!

GlobalDiva
01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
YAY for booking beaute speciale!!!! I can't wait to work with them also. What officient were you thinking of? I booked Rev. Jack Day because I thought he was adorable. My second choice was Rev. Kevin Knox. I heard that he was a great also.

I booked Pastor Luther Kistler :thumbsup2 Another big source of stress off my head!!

Val and I want to go to Disney next week for a bit of last minute shopping, so we'll meet with him then. He and his wife were really sweet over the phone so far.

GlobalDiva
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
WOW your colors are gorgeous! Everything was just beautiful...aww and your shower was beautiful!!!

Yay for booking Beaute Speciale! You will love them!!

Thanks!

I'm so excited to work with Beaute Speciale! My best friend who got married at Disney also them and had rave reviews, and everybody looked amazing.

I love the new pic you added to your signature way on the left, you look great!

GlobalDiva
01-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey all :)

HUGE source of stress done--ALL of my bridesmaids have their dresses!!!!! I was a bit worried, because 2 of my bridesmaids were waiting until the last minute because they were dieting, but thankfully, the last 2 bridesmaids and I headed to David's Bridal yesterday and there were 2 dresses in the Rose Petal color that fit them perfectly and they took them. Stressful experience (and I hope to never go to David's again on a Saturday), but we had tons of fun as only girlfriends can :hug: So all of my ladies are outfitted! :worship:

I used David's Dress Your Wedding thingie to put them all together; so here they all are:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/CompleteBridalParty.jpg

My sisters, the maids of honor are in the Truffle dresses, the bridesmaids are in Rose Petal, and my junior bridesmaid is in the dress that has both colors. Whew :banana:

I'm heading up to Disney this week with Val for a last minute buying trip--possibly favors for guests, and gifts for our wedding party. We will also meet with our officiant, Pastor Luther Kistler.

I can't believe my wedding is LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I still need my pairs of shoes (A high heel for pics, and flats for the rest of the night. I also need to get a strapless bra for my dress.

Our guest count has dropped dramatically to about 190, which is a smaller number than we were expecting, but is also a more manageable number.

Trying to figure out whether I'm doing al updos or downdos....

Details, details, details...

Mrsdisneyb2b
01-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I am in love with your wedding it is absolutely beuatiful ! I can not wait to see what you do with the disney wedding!

GlobalDiva
01-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I am in love with your wedding it is absolutely beuatiful ! I can not wait to see what you do with the disney wedding!

Thanks!!! :bride:

I can't wait for the day to come! :goodvibes

lpizzuro123
01-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Wow, I love the way you worked that all together. I love the different dresses and different colors and that you Jr BM ties it all together. I was watching 20 Do's and Don't's for Weddings yesterday and one of the Do's was putting all your girls in different dresses in the same color theme. I did the same thing and am so glad I did this. My girls were very happy about that and we got alot of great complements

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/7ce5b7b4.jpg

One of the other things from the show said they do not have to wear the same shoes (my girls all wore silver sandals - but not the same ones) and they also do not all have to have the same hairstyles (I had some with short hair and some with long so I let them wear what they wanted). I did have the same Flower Wands for them.

Linda

GlobalDiva
01-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Wow, I love the way you worked that all together. I love the different dresses and different colors and that you Jr BM ties it all together. I was watching 20 Do's and Don't's for Weddings yesterday and one of the Do's was putting all your girls in different dresses in the same color theme. I did the same thing and am so glad I did this. My girls were very happy about that and we got alot of great complements

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/7ce5b7b4.jpg

One of the other things from the show said they do not have to wear the same shoes (my girls all wore silver sandals - but not the same ones) and they also do not all have to have the same hairstyles (I had some with short hair and some with long so I let them wear what they wanted). I did have the same Flower Wands for them.

Linda

You ladies looked GREAT! I love the same-color-different-dress thing; I wanted each person to choose a dress that looked best on them, you know? A style that they liked.

I told my girls to do silver sandals too! I figured it's an easy enough color to find (easier than telling them to find rose petal-colored sandals :lmao: ). The ones with the darker dresses will have darker shoes.

GlobalDiva
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Well, starting to plan a Rehearsal Dinner for 40+ people one week before your wedding will do some interesting things to your stomach :scared:

But God and the angels at DFTW have smiled upon me and we managed to score the Napa Room yesterday for our wedding next week. :cheer2:

Our rehearsal is at the WP at 6 PM and then we'll all head over to the Contemporary for dinner.

Val and I were starting to get really disheartened; I was on the phone all day on Wednesday with various Disney establishments and Disney catering trying to get my group booked somewhere, but EVERYONE kept passing the buck. "Oh, you'd have to go through Disney Dining for that." "Oh, you have to talk to Catering" "Oh you'll have to speak to your wedding planner" "You should probably talk to Group Reservations" yada yada yada. We were so bummed, cuz we were like, "Man, we just wanna have a meal together after the rehearsal!"

I finally spoke to Catering again (I had already spoken to them a couple of times and they sent me elsewhere), but this time I didn't say the words "wedding" or "rehearsal dinner" at any point; I SWEAR that was the trick because every time I would say either of those words before, no one wanted to do anything!!

So after he had gathered all of my info, at the end he asked, 'So what are we calling this exactly, what's the name of the event?' and then and ONLY then did I say "Rehearsal Dinner." :thumbsup2 lol

So Catering passed along all my stuff to Jennifer, Marion's assistant, and she got in touch with me yesterday for all the details and it's been fabulous because we finally have a place to have a beautiful formal meal.

So dinner will be in the Napa Room. We took off a couple of courses to shorten the meal and lessen the cost; it's the night before the wedding, we don't want a long drawn out event with course after course after course; we wanna fit into our dresses in the morning, not waddle out of the restaurant full and bloated :rotfl:

The original menu had an appetizer, a salad, a sorbet, main course and dessert. We removed the appetizer and sorbet courses. All the courses were wonderful, but not necessary in our opinion for just a rehearsal dinner.

So the first course will be a salad: Wine Country Salad with Marinated Dried Tomatoes, Olives, Sourdough Croutons, and Cabernet-Herb Vinaigrette.

Then there will be the dinner course; guests will have a choice of 3 different entrees:

Slow-roasted Atlantic Salmon with Farro Wheat Risotto and Crustacean Sauce

or

Sliced Oak-grilled Beef Tenderloin with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes,
Caramelized Onions, and Red Wine Butter Sauce

or

Oak-fired Chicken Breast with Semolina Gnocchi,
Wilted Arugula, an Sauce Vierge

Dessert will be Banana Bread Pudding with “Drunken” Butterscotch, Toffee Bits
and Banana “Bisque.

The children have veggies and dip for their first course. Then they pizza, and for dessert they have a rice krispy plate.

We're getting Beer/Wine packages for the adults, and soda packages for the minors.

I can't believe the wedding is ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desnik
01-17-2009, 09:03 AM
I just read your whole PJ and all I have to say is WOW!!! I love everything! Your 1st wedding was so beautiful and you and your DH looked fantastic! I love all your choices for your Disney wedding. I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Good Luck! We will be at WDW during your wedding and I will be thinking of you and sending loads of pixie dust!!:wizard:

GlobalDiva
01-17-2009, 09:42 AM
I just read your whole PJ and all I have to say is WOW!!! I love everything! Your 1st wedding was so beautiful and you and your DH looked fantastic! I love all your choices for your Disney wedding. I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Good Luck! We will be at WDW during your wedding and I will be thinking of you and sending loads of pixie dust!!:wizard:

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

If you're near the pavilion or ballrooms, wave hi!!! :wave2:

Petals & Pixie Dust
01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
WOOHOO! One week!
I love your plans and your colors!
Can't wait for the TR :thumbsup2

lpizzuro123
01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, lucky you getting the Napa Room. Your menu sounds great. What a great place for your dinner.

Have loads of fun.

Linda

GlobalDiva
01-17-2009, 09:25 PM
WOOHOO! One week!
I love your plans and your colors!
Can't wait for the TR :thumbsup2

Thanks!! Hopefully everything will look great on the big day :thumbsup2

Wow, lucky you getting the Napa Room. Your menu sounds great. What a great place for your dinner.

Have loads of fun.

Linda

Seriously, you're so right--luck was on our side :angel: I know the Napa Room is supposed to have good views of MK, so hopefully we'll see some fireworks pixiedust:

GlobalDiva
01-25-2009, 10:05 AM
HEY FELLOW BRIDES AND FUTURE BRIDES :cool1:

We're married!!! WOOHOO! pixiedust:

This has been an awesome weekend to say the least. I'm excited to start my TR now.

Val and I drove up on Thursday morning, our car packed with stuff. Fortunately all my family members were driving up too, so my parents were able to put the favors, framed place cards, and menu cards, etc in their car, which helped us out immensely with space.

We arrived at the Grand and put all our stuff on the cart for the bellhop to take. We parked the car and headed back to the main area to check in, and we notice a castmember standing there with a clipboard and as we get closer to the overhang in front of the main lobby, she comes up to us and asks "Are you the So-and-So party?" And we say 'yes' and she goes, "Welcome to the GF, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We've actually upgraded your room to a concierge-level room." pixiedust:

Val and I were SOOO excited!!! She leads us towards our room and it was in the Sugarloaf building. The room was GORGEOUS. Here's how it looked after turndown:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/RoomAfterTurndown2.jpg

A little while after I settled in, there was a knock at the door, and it was a delivery of some flowers from the Disney florist who did our centerpieces, Rose.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Flowers-1.jpg

Since we were in a club level room, we started making great use of the Concierge Lounge for our drinks and food. This has been fabulous because I basically haven't had to buy food since I've arrived because I've eaten all my meals for free at the hotel :thumbsup2 A GREAT money-saver seeing as how our money was spread pretty thin for wedding expenses.

Val went off to meet his brothers and friends so that they could go pick up their tuxes and while they were gone, I unpacked all the bags and stuff. I started putting together our bridal party gifts.

One of our junior groomsmen got this Mickey Vinylmation figure:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/VinlymationMickey.jpg

The other junior groomsman got the Disney imagineering book, because he loves art and graphics:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/disneyImagineerBook.jpg

For our groomsmen and bridesmaids, we got personalized stuff from Arribas Bros. The guys got beer mugs with Mickey on them, with their first names etched in. The ladies and our flower girl got a glass valet/jewelry box with roses and a tinkerbelle on top. I forgot to take pictures of those, so I'll take some at Downtown Disney while I'm here :rolleyes:

The ringbearers got bobble head figures of Mickey Steamboat Willie, and also little Mickey dolls (see above picture in room after turndown service to see them) to walk down the aisle with.

Later that night we headed over to the Polynesian where our families, most of our BP, and a lot of our guests were staying and we hung out for a while. Then walked back to our hotel later that night and slept. :angel:

The next morning (Friday, day before the wedding), we had a meeting with Marion. I went over some last minute details with her while Val dropped off the favors and placecards, and menu card stuff nearby. We also discussed at length the rehearsal dinner that would take place later that night at California Grill.

Marion told us that we'd be really happy with the staff helping us out at the CA Grill that night. We most definitely were, but I'll talk more about that later.
We discussed scheduling, and meeting spots, picture spots, etc. Then we conversed for a long while about random stuff like antiques and linens, which was fun because she's so great to talk to.

After meeting with Marion, Val and I walked over the to the GF Spa for manis and pedis. They were fabulous and our one moment of relaxation in the midst of a hectic day. After that, I had to drive out to find a bank, then headed to Downtown Disney to pick up our BP gifts at Arribas Bros (we had bought them the week before and left them there for personalization and told them we'd pick it up next week right before the wedding).

After that, we ran to a supermarket in the area to get gift bags for the gifts since we wanted to give them out that night at the rehearsal dinner, and lo and behold, we found the one supermarket in orlando with no gft bags. :scared: So we had to go to Walgreens to get them. We got back to the hotel and had barely an hour to get ready for rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, AND pack the gifts, AND I still had to shave my legs since I was wearing a dress, LOL.

But we somehow managed to do it. We had so many gifts though, because we had a big bridal party (8 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, 3 ringbearers, and 7 groomsmen) so there was no way we were going to be able to carry everything ourselves and we were running late. Rehearsal was at 6, and it was like 5:50. So I called the bell services and asked if a cart could pick us and our stuff up at our building and take us to the WP for rehearsal. Thank the Lord, a manager came over with a cart and got us there and we started rehearsal soon after!!!

Rehearsal was fun, Pastor Luther put everyone at ease and was so great to work with.

I handed everyone their gifts at the WP so that they could take it to rehearsal dinner afterwards and open it then. Some people monorailed over to the Contemporary, some drove.

OK, I'm off now. I will post details tonight about the rehearsal dinner, then vendor reviews for the wedding, then stuff about the wedding day :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
01-27-2009, 09:32 AM
OK, so about the rehearsal dinner...

We got to California Grill and it took a little while to get the whole group up there (about 40 people) and seated, but it finally happened. Marion had said that she had booked the room for us between 6 and 10, and because it would take a while for the group to get up to the restaurant, she wouldn't have them start service until about 7:30.

The Napa Room was gorgeous; we had beautiful views of MK and the Castle. As appetizers they passed around these delicious pizza flatbreads with different toppings. The drinks were flowing and everyone got comfy quickly while DH and I welcomed all of our guests.

The centerpieces were bowls of fruit; I sat at a table with some of my bridal party and we eventually ate some of the fruit--they were quite sweet and we all got a laugh out of the fact that we were eating the centerpiece.

Food was amazing...the salads and desserts were individual portions, but the main courses were served family-style. Each table got large platters of salmon, of beef, and of chicken. Dessert was a yummy banana bread pudding.

We also got to watch the fireworks, which was great pixiedust:

The servers were super attentive, jovial and very friendly. :grouphug:

padisneyfour
01-27-2009, 10:17 AM
It sounds like it was fantastic would love to see some pics. Congrats! looking forward to hearing more .....:goodvibes

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Vendor Reviews

I wanted to talk a bit about the different services that I received at the wedding...

Hair/Makeup: Beaute Speciale
Grade: A+
The ladies of Beaute Speciale were punctual, easy to get in touch with, and efficient. They did a wonderful hair and makeup job on all of us: myself, 2 maids of honor, 6 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, my mom, Val's mom, and Val's aunt. They were friendly, funny and helped keep the mood light and fun.

Photography: Christopher Patrick Weddings (cpoweddings.com)
Grade: A
Well, I haven't seen my pictures yet, so for now, I can't rate them completely. Where they get major points in my book are how efficient they are with time...Val and I have big families, and we had a big bridal party with lots of kids and Christopher and Jessica were really on the ball turning out pictures with everyone. They also very patiently took many pictures of me with individual guests (and there were a lot of those!), as well as individual shots of guests who wanted pictures with Mickey and Minnie.

Florals/Linens/Favors: Disney Floral Event Group
I was dealing with Rose at Disney Florals for my Wedding Pavilion flowers, table centerpieces, and favors. She was great to work with and had very good ideas. I told her at our very first meeting that I loved candelabras and wanted to do a flower ball of all carnations. She made it happen and I think it looked gorgeous. For favors, I ordered the white chocolate Mickey lollipops with a little gold ribbon tied on. No writing or personalization or anything since that would have upped the cost, but I was just as happy with it as a plain chocolate. They were a big hit and tasted REALLY good.

Personal Florals: Dream Designs Florist
I wanted very simple bouquets here. At my first wedding, I spent well over $2,000 on bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids. The bouquets were stunning, but I told myself I wasn't going to spend a large amount on personal florals again. I went to Dream Designs and asked for simple bouquets: a mix of orange and pink roses tied by chocolate brown ribbon for the bridesmaids; pink roses tied with white ribbon for me. I wanted small bouquets this time around too; the others were heavy. So what I asked for, I got. I had to pick them up, so I sent my brother the morning of the wedding to get them. She made me a toss bouquet too, and also gave me a big box of fresh petals which i was able to give to my flower girl.

Tuxedos: Men's Wearhouse Tux
Grade: D
I give this a "D" with the original report card definition of a D: "improvement needed." :lmao: This is definitely the one area of the wedding that Val and I weren't happy with. The process of choosing the tux simply wasn't shared enough between the business and the customer. The tuxes that we saw in the store were nice, and we liked the location because it was easy to get to for pick up and drop off (it's the one at the Loop on the Osceola). But we were strongly dictated to at every step of the way. We weren't given ANY options during the process and because so much info was thrown out at us during that time, there was a lot that we didn't discuss. For instance, the guys were given pleated pants, but we didn't want that but it never came up during the meeting. The jackets were too long, even though they weren't that long on the mannequin, but it's not like we could change that one day before the wedding. There was no choice of collar for the shirts. Buttons popped off the groom's tux, as well as off several of those of the groomsmen. I wish we had used Carolyn Allen's.

Portrait Photo Session: Disney Photography
We booked an EPCOT photo session on the Tuesday after our Saturday wedding. Disney Photographer David showed up to pick us up at our hotel at 7:30 AM. We took pictures at Italy, Morocco and Canada. David was hilarious, and we got our pictures online really quickly and we LOVE them. Our experience here was really perfect.

Officiant: Pastor Luther Kistler
I don't know why more Disney brides don't use this man's services for their weddings :confused3 He and his wife were SOOOO sweet. He met with us before the wedding, he came to our rehearsal, and he came for the wedding. He was a real crowd pleaser--EVERYONE loved him; he was so funny and sweet. We told him we wanted a religious ceremony, and we asked him to wear his robes, but I also saw on his website a picture of him doing a wedding where he was just wearing a suit, so I'm sure he can do non-religious ceremonies too. There was nothing "canned" about our ceremony. I didn't feel like I was dealing with a salesman or someone who was just obsessed with getting a check. This was one of the best choices we made for our wedding.

Bridal Shop: Livette Bridals
This would be more pertinent to brides-to-be in Broward County, South Florida. Livette Bridal is in Miramar, FL. I used this place for both of my wedding gowns, it's a small business run by a woman and her daughter. They were wonderful to work with and the prices were very reasonable and included veil and headpiece. She wasn't secretive about dress models and dress numbers. I had a really good experience here.

Bridesmaids Dresses: Davids Bridal
Grade: A (IF your bridesmaids get their dresses on time) and C
I give this place 2 grades because they have some great conveniences but also some major drawbacks. If your bridal party is good about getting their dresses early, I think this place is perfect. The dresses are nice and fairly priced (none of my ladies spent more than $150 on the dress). The color system is great--I chose the color Rose Petal and let my ladies pick whatever long dress they wanted so that they could pick what looked best on them; Maids of honor wore Truffle brown dresses, and my junior bridesmaid wore a dress with both colors which bridged both colors perfectly.

This place is NOT good however at last minute dress emergencies because of course they can't keep every dress in every color in stock. One of my bridesmaids ended up having to get their dresses from a Davids in another state and the store FedExed the dress which was fine. But finding which store in the US had a dress always took forever. It would be nice if they had a database to let you just look it up yourself and overnight it to your house. We would hear responses like, We can have this dress for you the first week of April. For such a big chain store, they're not good at delivering items quickly at all. There's no reason for such a big turnaround time for bridesmaids dresses; this isn't a wedding gown here. I also think a lot of the employees aren't so great.

But seriously, if your ladies are on time with their dresses, the place is great. They also have good accessories--I got a faux fur wrap to keep me warm at the wedding, I got my shoes for my second wedding there, I got a necklace for my first wedding there, etc.

DJ: DJ Scooter
Scooter had hilarious props and was super spirited and all my guests were raving about him in the days following. He played songs I asked for ahead of time; I had emailed him a few mp3s which he played; he had a good mix of American and Haitian music to please all our guests. We loved this guy :thumbsup2

Disney Entertainment: Mickey and Minnie
I can't recommend this enough! Mickey and Minnie were awesome!! They danced with the children, danced with us, took pictures with a million guests. They were fabulous!

Rehearsal Dinner Location: Napa Room at California Grill
The men working at the Napa Room for our dinner were AWESOME. Super friendly and attentive. The Napa Room was gorgeous and we got to watch the MK fireworks in private which was a wonderful experience for everyone. Food was excellent.

Wedding Planner: Marion Stewart and her assistant Jennifer
Grade: A++
I feel I was blessed with the very best here. Marion executed everything to perfection. Jennifer was great about answering messages right away and filling in for Marion while she was out of the office. Marion was at the rehearsal the day before, she came to the rehearsal dinner to make sure everything was set up properly. The day of the wedding she called me a couple of times, and checked in with me and Val and let us know about stuff all the time throughout the day. It was reassuring to see her there so much during the reception.

OK, I think that's everything I can think of! Hope that helps anyone looking for reviews :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 09:54 AM
It sounds like it was fantastic would love to see some pics. Congrats! looking forward to hearing more .....:goodvibes

Thanks! I'll put up pictures today!

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 10:14 AM
OK, I wanted to add some pictures :cool1:

Here are a couple of pics of us getting ready at my room in at the Grand; I took these:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/EmmaWeddingDay.jpg

My Flower Girl :flower3:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/EmmasHairdo.jpg

Flower Girl's Hairdo

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/IsabelMakeup.jpg

My friend getting her makeup...She had also used Beaute Speciale for her wedding at Disney 2 years ago :thumbsup2

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/ElenaMakeup.jpg

My friend's makeup...I think everyone looked awesome!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/EmmaRefreshments.jpg

The benefits of staying at a Club Level room...snacks and drinks for everyone!!!

Getting ready was lots of fun :cool1:

Lynn5700
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
OMG I love those Minnie and Mickey stuffed animals and that Vinylmation figure. I collect the pins, where did you get that? You're room was so cute at turndown.

ok reading more.

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Wedding Day Pics:

For now, these are all pics that relatives and friends took before the wedding, during ceremony and during the reception!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeandRichard.jpg

Richard walking me through the GF lobby to the Grand Staircase.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/bridesmaidsLookingEverywhere.jpg

Me with my bridal party...everyone's looking away from the camera, lol but you get a good idea of how the dresses looked.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeWithBridesmaids.jpg

Me with Bridal Party

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Altar.jpg

The altar.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MomPhillouAltar.jpg

My mom lighting the side candle, escorted by my brother.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Bridesmaids.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/dadandme.jpg

Dad walking me down the aisle :)

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/InWP.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Ceremony.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/UnityCandle.jpg

Lighting the Unity Candle.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/ExitPicture.jpg

Exiting the Pavilion.

Lynn5700
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Aww look how cute your flower girl was! Great reviews. Boo to mens wearhouse. I would have been annoyed.

Lynn5700
01-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Awww girl you were beautiful! I love the floral in the wedding pavilion. So pretty!

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
OMG I love those Minnie and Mickey stuffed animals and that Vinylmation figure. I collect the pins, where did you get that? You're room was so cute at turndown.

ok reading more.

OK, you mean like Vinylmation pins? Well, I got the Vinylmation pins and the sock Mickeys at World of Disney in Downtown Disney. They were great buys!! :thumbsup2

GlobalDiva
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Reception pics taken by relatives and friends...

Our cake!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Cake.jpg

Val and me at our head table:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/UsHeadTable.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/headTableCrisVic.jpg

One of our flower-less centerpieces; we had alternating tables of candelabras with flowers and without:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/CenterpieceWithoutFlowers.jpg

Everybody sitting/eating:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Ballroom2.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Ballroom3.jpg

A guest eating one of the favors; they were yummy! You can see one of the floral centerpieces behind him:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MickeyLollipopCenterpieceinBack.jpg

Cake cutting with Mickey and Minnie!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/CakeTasting.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/CakeCutting.jpg

Mickey and Minnie making a big splash on the Dance Floor:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/DanceFloorMickey.jpg

keenercam
01-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh, WOW! You looked soooo beautiful! You looked so happy and Val is just looking so happy and in love. :cloud9: And your floral and your reception decor were absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE seeing all your pictures. Thank you for sharing. We want more!! :banana:

Pooh_Girl
01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Everything looked so beautiful!!! I love your dress and your bridesmaid dresses!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Everything looks beautiful!

GlobalDiva
02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Oh, WOW! You looked soooo beautiful! You looked so happy and Val is just looking so happy and in love. :cloud9: And your floral and your reception decor were absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE seeing all your pictures. Thank you for sharing. We want more!! :banana:

Thanks so much! We were blessed to have such a happy and laid-back day!

Everything looked so beautiful!!! I love your dress and your bridesmaid dresses!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Thanks! adding more pics ASAP!

Everything looks beautiful!

Thank you :)

GlobalDiva
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Aww look how cute your flower girl was! Great reviews. Boo to mens wearhouse. I would have been annoyed.

Wasn't she adorable?! She was such a cutie princess:

A big boo for the tuxes from us too, LOL!

Awww girl you were beautiful! I love the floral in the wedding pavilion. So pretty!

Thank you so much! Rose was awesome in designing everything! :flower3:

GlobalDiva
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey all :)

Wanted to add a few details about our wedding trip since we're back home...

The day before the wedding had a ton of running around and then we got back to our hotel 2 hours before the wedding rehearsal with lots of shopping and our gifts that we had picked up earlier at Downtown Disney. It was way too much for me to carry on my own, so I gave it the bellhop while Val went to park the car.

I ran to my room and thought to myself--I need to pee, shave my legs and blow-dry my hair, and I can't do any of those right now because the bellhop might arrive any minute. So I decided to start blowdrying my hair, and then I'd switch off the hairdryer every 30 seconds to make sure I didn't miss the guy knocking at the door, LOL.

Well he ended up arriving after I had done half my head, so I quickly worked on the rest of my hair, and ran to start packing the bridal party gifts into gift bags. Halfway through that, I stopped to shave my legs since my dress for rehearsal was knee-length. I took my dress to put it on and it was kind of wrinkled but there was no time to steam it. So Val was like, "Take it off! give it to me, I'll steam it!" And thankfully, I have a wonderful hubby who did just that.

I called bell services and asked them to send a cart to our building to drive us to the WP with all our gifts since we couldn't carry them all. So someone came over to pick us up and drove us over and we only arrived to rehearsal about 8 minutes late :cool1:

Rehearsal was lots of fun. Marion was there, and so was Pastor Luther and our videographer Teree along with bridal party and significant others.

You can see our videographer here in the bottom corner, getting me and my dad walking down the aisle:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/RehearsalMeDad.jpg

Us practicing our grand exit:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/RehearsalExit.jpg

All of us, including Pastor Luther, Marion, and Teree:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/GroupRehearsal.jpg

Rehearsal managed to go pretty quick and smooth to leave us lots of time to enjoy our rehearsal dinner afterwards :thumbsup2

keenercam
02-04-2009, 04:53 PM
YAY for time to blow dry your hair and shave your legs. :banana: What a sweetie Val was to steam your dress for you. :lovestruc

GlobalDiva
02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Some Wedding Day Details...

So, the day of the wedding...was fabulous. Val and I went down to the concierge lounge for breakfast and coffee and called one of my bridesmaids and her husband who were in the room next door to come down and eat with us.

While we were finishing up, the ladies from Beaute Speciale arrived so we all went up together and waited a few moments for housekeeping to finish preparing the room. A couple more of my bridesmaids arrived, and people started hair and makeup.

This was a totally fun and relaxed morning/afternoon. The room was a bit crowded, I won't lie--since it was Ana and her colleagues and all their gear, plus myself, maid of honor, 6 bridesmaids, one of the bridesmaids' moms, my mom, Val's mom, Val's aunt (Val's mom and aunt came early and left early when they were done, and both have very short hair, so that was some free space in the room, lol). But we were having a really good time together and before we knew it, it was time to get dressed.

Hairdos were great; here are a couple:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/EmmasHairdo.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/IsabelMakeup.jpg

My hair/makeup:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Me.jpg

I gave the bridesmaids their jewelry:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Jewelry.jpg

I think they looked fabulous:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/bridesmaidswithjewelry.jpg

My junior bridesmaid got a slightly different necklace:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/AnetasNecklace.jpg

Richard was waiting outside my hotel room to help me down. He helped me get into the golf cart that took me to the lobby area. I made my way to the Grand Staircase for some pictures with my bridal party. Of course, every 2 minutes or so, we'd have to wait for monorail riders to make their way down, LOL ;)

One of my poor bridesmaids who's standing to the left of me in the pic below had horrible dress drama :crazy2: Her dress was in her room before heading to Orlando, and her cat ran straight for it and ripped up the entire under layer!!! So half of it was ripped off, and you can kind of see the unevenness in the texture of the skirt, but luckily in person you couldn't tell anything; I think it gets more highlighted in pictures. I told her thank God the cat didn't rip up the outside of the dress, LOL.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeandBridesmaids.jpg

Dad and I headed over to the lobby to get into the vintage car (I can't wait to have pictures of this from Christopher Patrick! I should have them soon enough!). We headed to the Bridal Vestibule to hang out with the bridesmaids right before the ceremony.

Keira1387
02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Your hair and makeup look beautiful!

GlobalDiva
02-04-2009, 06:59 PM
The men were hanging out beforehand:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MenBeforeCeremony.jpg

As were the ringbearers:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/ringbearersbefore.jpg

The ringbearers had mickey pins instead of boutonnieres, and they carried little sock Mickeys instead of pillows:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/ringbearersbefore2.jpg

Val's mom had a heart-shaped "Mom" pin with Minnie Mouse, that you can kinda see in this picture:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/mami.jpg

We saw some guests outside the WP who weren't seated yet and we knew they wouldn't be going in until my dad and I did because Marion and I had discussed that once the bridal procession started walking, she wouldn't let other guests come in until after my dad and I finished entering. Don't want any of the guests stumbling down the aisle behind my grand entrance! :rotfl:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/EmmaFlowers.jpg

The ceremony was really warm and funny; all of my guests who spoke to me about the ceremony afterwards raved about Pastor Luther--they said he was hysterical.

The ringbearers were providing a little comic relief too, apparently, which I didn't see because I was obviously facing the altar. But afterwards I saw in pictures that they were hanging out on the steps:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/RingbearersAisle.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/ringbearsSteps.jpg

We exited to the Electrical Parade :cheer2:

here we are with our parents:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/UsandParents.jpg

GlobalDiva
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
We finished taking our pictures in the WP and headed over to the GF ballrooms to see our room before guests entered. We met the DJ and I specified a couple of songs that I wanted at various moments during the party (Mouse House remix of "So This is Love" when Val and I enter the ballroom; Particular song for my dance with dad--a French song called "A Ma Fille" that I had emailed to him the night before with some other songs, but forgotten to specify what to play when). He was fabulous and accommodating.

Once we finished looking at the room, Marion said, "Well, alright, everything is on schedule, so you can go to your party." Val and I looked at each other and I was like, "Our cocktail party??" And she was like, "Yeah! Of course you can go, we're great on time, but if you don't want to see guests yet, I can bring you to another room, that's fine too." I was like, "Yeah! I wanna go to the cocktail!!"

She started laughing, and escorted us down to the hall to the Whitehall and other ballrooms and patio area where the cocktail reception was taking place. I was thrilled about that because I always regretted that we wouldn't get to mingle with guests before the reception, but since we finished our pictures on time and everything, and also because we had asked Marion during planning to start the cocktail hour 1-and-a-half hours after the ceremony instead of 1 hour after, that made it that we were able to be there at our cocktail for a full 30 minutes! I already made my grand entrance at the WP, I didn't wanna miss any more of my party!!!

So we entered one of the ballrooms where our cocktail reception was taking place and everybody just kind of looked up in surprise then started clapping and cheering, and it gave us a chance to chat with several guests. Attending the cocktail ensured that I got to speak with every single guest either during that hour or during the reception, which was really important to me.

In short, getting to be there for the cocktail was one of my MANY favorite things of the day :goodvibes I even got to sneak a yummy spring roll for my rumbling tummy, LOL :thumbsup2

One of my bridesmaids was kind of enough to get some table shots before the room filled completely:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/HeadTable.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Table.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/Cake-1.jpg

Dinner was excellent--everyone else had shrimp cocktails for their appetizer, but Val and I had chicken skewers since I'm allergic to shellfish. The chicken was yummy. After that, I had the DELICIOUS caesar salad and didn't eat anything else because of the corset ;) The staff was kind enough to give me my food for later however so that I could enjoy it OUTSIDE the dress, lol. It was REALLY delicious. I did also have the bite of cake when we cut the cake and it was delicious (red velvet with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing). The staff also boxed up slices of the different flavors of our cakes which I enjoyed later that night (red velvet, marble with raspberry cream filling, and yellow with bavarian cream).

Later that night at 10 PM the guests got a great surprise when Mickey and Minnie arrived on the dance floor :cheer2:

Val and I danced with them, the children at the reception all danced with them (there were only 6 kids so each child got a turn), and a couple of guests got a turn to dance.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MeDancingWithMickey.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/MickeyUsKids.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/marilisebastien/DanceFloorMickey.jpg

They cut the cake with us, and then headed into the lobby to take pictures with us and different guests. They were great about taking pics with everyone who wanted, and they went back to the ballroom afterwards to take more pictures with other guests.

I was thrilled to have them there.

GlobalDiva
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
There was a ton more dancing for everyone :cool1: And at the end of the night, we danced "Last Dance" with the confetti canon that exploded when the song picked up.

The night was more than I could have hoped for. The lights came on, but there was lot of lingering of family and different guests chatting. Val and I talked to the DJ for a little while. With a little help we loaded some gifts and our stuff (portrait, guestbook, top layer of cake, etc) onto a bellhop cart and brought it to our hotel room with some relatives and bridesmaids.

Took off the dress and makeup, then put some comfy clothes and headed to GF's Mizner Lounge to meet up with some friends for drinks (By then it was like 12:30 or 1 and I was exhausted but we wanted to hang out a bit with them).

Came back to the room, ate my wedding dinner (crusted sea bass and beef filet) and a little cake :thumbsup2 DEEE-lish. Then was lights out. :angel:

I can't WAIT for photographer pictures!!!!

I'll post a little info about our EPCOT photos soon. The wedding was Sat night and we did our EPCOT photo session on Tuesday morning.

Keira1387
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Your ring bears look adorable!

AaronsDisneygrl
03-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi! We want a Disney wedding in 2011 but we have quite a large guest list, so we want to start saving for everything now:...do you have any recommendations? And what % of the invites showed? :confused:
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

GlobalDiva
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi! We want a Disney wedding in 2011 but we have quite a large guest list, so we want to start saving for everything now:...do you have any recommendations? And what % of the invites showed? :confused:
Thank you so much! :goodvibes

Hello :)

Sorry I'm getting to your question so late ;)

One of my recommendations is making it an adult reception--this cut down on numbers significantly. Secondly, the fact that it was a destination wedding cut down on numbers too.

We invited about 315 people and we got about 190.

Hope this helps!! Good luck =)

padisneyfour
04-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I love the idea of a pin for the ringbearers,(though we won't be having a ring bearer) we will have our niece and nephew as greeters for the ceremony so I am going to borrow that idea for them instead of flowers... and the mom pin too! you looked beautiful and loved the colors! everything looks beautiful. congrats.Thanks for sharing.....:goodvibes

GlobalDiva
04-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I love the idea of a pin for the ringbearers,(though we won't be having a ring bearer) we will have our niece and nephew as greeters for the ceremony so I am going to borrow that idea for them instead of flowers... and the mom pin too! you looked beautiful and loved the colors! everything looks beautiful. congrats.Thanks for sharing.....:goodvibes

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes