PDA

View Full Version : The sneaking off without the kids Pre-trippie

britchic4
09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
The cast:
Me (Cathy) :recent convert to DLRP mega-fan-dom
DH (Elliot) : not quite so enthusiastic but loves it when he's there!

This will be our third trip to DLRP (and we'll be back at Christmas) but our first without the children. When being harassed by MIL to have a long weekend away on our own (so she could get her hands on the children!) the pink palace sneaked its way into my dreams and a trip was born.
We're both foodies so good food will play a big part in our trip....and I fully plan to drink some cocktails! We have half board vouchers and have booked California Grill, Inventions and The Steakhouse, although I've completely forgotten what time I've booked for. We also intend to eat lunch at Annettes on our last day.
We'll be going on the Eurostar for the first time presuming I can find the tickets or get hold of some more. We plan to go on Phantom Manor which DS won't do, DH wants to go on the riverboat and I want to do Buzz and see the Lion King but otherwise we'll see how it goes. I'm very excited to be seeing the halloween decorations and having some child-free time for the first time in about 6 yrs. Do feel guilty not to be taking the children, but not that guilty since they'll have been 3 times this year! In any case MIL has great plans for them so they'll be spoiled to within inches of their lives!

DLPdaft
09-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I was just going away to badger you into doing a pre-trippie, but you beat me to it :rotfl: !

Sounds great!!!!! You can wave at us plebs from a window at the DLH :wizard:

britchic4
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll be too busy being awestruck to wave I expect!
I plan to eat huge breakfasts and have a croissant at Salon Mickey so Slimming World is going out of the window for 4 days.

BRobson
09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Sounds like bliss - my kids would never forgive me :rotfl:

Cant wait to hear all about it :thumbsup2

FiFi Rose
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Sounds great, some child free time. Almost can't remember what thats like! We're also off to DLH in 10 days you won't be able to miss me I'll be the demented Scottish woman pulling my hair out with 2 kids and an OAP in tow!

mummyal
09-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Sounds great !! :thumbsup2 Have a fab time!

Cyrano
09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned :goodvibes

Me neither. Would definitely be off the birthday card list :thumbsup2

tennisfan
09-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Sounds great, I hope you have a lovely trip:goodvibes

A Small World
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM

Cant wait to hear all about it :thumbsup2

Ive just suggested it jokingly to Mr Small World infront of DD and she just laughed - she knows we wouldnt dare :rotfl: :hippie:

Bolanette87
09-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Ooooo- Sounds dreamy!!!! Lovely lovely lovely! Have a fab time- I'm jealous!

Bob xoxoxox

PJackson
09-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Sounds great! I wish I could do something like that but my DD2 is only 4.5 months so not just yet.

Do your kids know you are going to DLRP without them? I'm sure my DD1 would have a hissy fit :lmao:

joolz1910
09-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm green with envy...child-free time, what is that exactly?;) You will have a wonderful time and the kids need never know...

hildasmuriel
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Sounds wonderful. Take tons and tons of photos - especially of the hotel.;)

MrsTigger
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Sounds lovely..DLH :cloud9: !! Where are you getting the Eurostar from?

britchic4
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
We're getting the Eurostar from Ashford, and here's something I should have added to the pre-trippie......

THE KIDS DO NOT KNOW AND WILL NOT EVER KNOW!!!!!!!

BRobson
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
We're getting the Eurostar from Ashford, and here's something I should have added to the pre-trippie......

That is the only way I could do it :lmao: :lmao:

MrsTigger
09-25-2008, 05:28 PM
hey so you'll be on the same train as us then!!

karenmoloney
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Lucky you, getting away without your children. Make sure you make the most of your time together & try not to miss them too much!

britchic4
09-25-2008, 05:36 PM
hey so you'll be on the same train as us then!!

If I could find my tickets I could tell you where we were sitting, but sadly not!

MrsTigger
09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
If I could find my tickets I could tell you where we were sitting, but sadly not!

:confused3 Oh no.. Have you phoned the Eurostar to ask them to send new one? Did you book online, as I'm sure I got an email after with all the details on...

britchic4
09-26-2008, 03:07 AM
No I booked by phone, they sent me tickets and can't send me anymore, I have to get more when I get there so better make sure I get there early!

cap'njack.
09-26-2008, 03:35 AM
Have a great time without the children! I'm sure the DLH will be amazing

mommy2ash
09-26-2008, 03:38 AM
sounds great!!! they arent missing out too much they will be back there soon.

karengr
09-27-2008, 10:34 AM
we have done DLRP twice without the kids(left them with nanna) had a fantastic time and i loved spending time with my hubby and time spending money on presents for the kids.
In fact they say they like it when we go on our own cause they get loads of stuff brought back for them.

thelittlemermaid83
10-06-2008, 09:52 AM

They don't know about the trip? :lmao: Aren't you a sneaky mum!:rotfl: