PDA

View Full Version : What time should I leave?

KimWDW
09-24-2008, 01:55 PM
We're staying at Disney's All Star Sports and spending 2 days at the Universal parks. We'll have a rental car. What time should we leave in the morning to get there for park opening? Considering driving time, parking time, walking to the park from the car time, etc.

Thanks so much! Only two more weeks! :cool1:

holcomb-mania
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I'd guess 8am for a 9am opening, not allowing for the day of the week. Crowds shouldn't be too bad in early Oct (they were great in late Oct last year). I'd also map out an alternative route (IIRC, Sand Lake Road) in case I-4 is crazy.

Your 1st day will help you plan your 2nd day, too.

Metro West
09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
We're staying at Disney's All Star Sports and spending 2 days at the Universal parks. We'll have a rental car. What time should we leave in the morning to get there for park opening? Considering driving time, parking time, walking to the park from the car time, etc.

Thanks so much! Only two more weeks! :cool1:That's tough because you would be leaving during rush hour. BUT...if you take the alternative route to I-4, you should be good to leave the hotel around 7:45 or so.

KimWDW
09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
We're going Thursday & Friday (trying to avoid the weekend days since it's Columbus Day weekend). Does I-4 have a lot of commuter traffic at that time? 8am? What's the other option from the All Stars to skip I-4? We'll have our GPS with us, but I don't want to rely on it. Thanks. :)

Metro West
09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
We're going Thursday & Friday (trying to avoid the weekend days since it's Columbus Day weekend). Does I-4 have a lot of commuter traffic at that time? 8am? What's the other option from the All Stars to skip I-4? We'll have our GPS with us, but I don't want to rely on it. Thanks. :)Yes...I-4 is crowded most of the day but in the morning it can be a bear. I would stick with Palm Parkway to Turkey Lake Road to Sand Lake Road to Universal Resort.

macraven
09-24-2008, 02:47 PM
if you want to beat rush hour and the crowds at the park, leave early and be at the parking garage around 7:45.

if you do so, you should be about the 4th or 5th car in line.

the garage opens up at 8.
if you wait until 8:30 to arrive at the garage, you will have a wait to enter it.

if you park your car at 8 and at the turnstile around 8:20ish, your wait for entering the park will be short.
do ioa first as they usually open the gate around 8:30ish.

not all rides will be open but you can do repeat rides for hulk, spidey, doom easily.
by 9, the rest of the rides will be open.

leave that park and go to the studios after lunch. you might have some lines there but not too bad.
as long as there is no hhn event for the night you are there in the park in the daytime, you should be fine and be able to do the parks with limited waits.

on the nights hhn is happening, crowds tend to hit the parks around 2ish.

hope you have a great time there.

follow the directions metro gave you and you won't get lost.

macraven
09-24-2008, 02:48 PM
We're going Thursday & Friday (trying to avoid the weekend days since it's Columbus Day weekend). Does I-4 have a lot of commuter traffic at that time? 8am? What's the other option from the All Stars to skip I-4? We'll have our GPS with us, but I don't want to rely on it. Thanks. :)

the studios will be closed at 5 and ioa closes at 6 on those dates you are doing universal in the daytime.

KimWDW
09-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the info!

macraven
09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
glad to help