PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars

tynkendallsmom
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Forgive me if this has been rehashed and rehashed - but, I couldn't find any current threads.

We are heading to WDW next Feb and want to tell my IL's and my p's to get the kids Disney Dollars for Christmas to spend when we are there. I was on the Disney Store website and can't see where they sell the dollars anywhere. The closest Disney Store is over 100 miles away (yes, we are in bumble :) :rotfl: ).

Any suggestions on how I can get them online? Or, do they even sell them any more?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm a newbie and and am LOVIN' all the info this board has!!:woohoo:

swald91
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Don't think they have them anymore. Our closest Disney store closed & they said they didn't have any anymore-of course I thought it was just because it was closing. But I thought I read somewhere-no one can find them. Some suggestions were disney gift cards.:confused3

Disney1976
09-22-2008, 03:30 PM
You'd probably only be able to get them through the theme parks now, if you don't have a Disney store close by. Not sure if you could order them through WDW merchandising (never heard of that being done) but they can be reached at 407-363-6200.

ForAandA
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I just bought Disney Dollars at our local Disney store. We're using them as incentives for good grades on tests, helping with extra chores, etc.

We had no problem getting them at the Disney Store. And they were expecting more in for the holidays :).

pixiewings71
09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
I've been purchasing them at our Disney store. The best part is they never expire, so even if we can't get back to DL for a year the money is still good. I just ask at the counter and see what they have. You could call the online store and see if they can help.

TinaLala
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I just bought Disney Dollars from my local disney store 2 weeks ago for my mil.

Also don't just 'give' them the dollars, hello, make them earn them!! Clean your room. Brush your teeth. Pick up after yourself. Kids can earn $1 here or there no matter what the age is. When my girls were 3 yo I'd give them $1 when they put their clothes down the laundry shoot. Or put their plate in the sink. Positive reinforcement and you can get somethings done in the meantime.

Now they earn them for doing the dishes, cleaning their room, good grades on homework, etc.

Santa is always good for a few Disney Dollars.

cab333
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM
www.disneydollars.net

The procedure is you send in a request via letter with a money order and they mail the Disney dollars to you. We had ours from California (Disneyland) to Canada within two weeks!! I am quite sure that deliver within the US would be even quicker as the Fedex them overnight.