PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys - Construction???

SharpMomOfTwo
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey all - I'm hearing all this stuff about construction going on at Chef Mickeys, and how it smells really bad, and its ruining everyones experience. Does anyone know when it should be done around? We have reservations for our first morning in Disney, but I don't want to go if its going to be ruined!

TIA!
Sarah

imthatgirl
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
we had a 5:00 reservation a couple weeks ago. we didnt have any problems. they were doing constructions right up to 4:55. but as soon as they started serving dinner they ended it. i would expect the same during breakfast.

FairyGodmotherJen
09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
We were there twice during our trip the first week of September - we had no complaints at all. You have to wind around the construction walls a bit, but we had no negative effects from it at all - didn't even hear any sound, so I'm guessing it'll be ok for you during meal times. Have fun! :goodvibes

mom2aredhead
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I'd keep your reservation for now and see what's going on there when you are closer to leaving...about 2 months according to your ticker? I wouldn't stress about it now.

We'll be there next week...we weren't able to get an ADR for Chef Mickey's but we're staying at the Contemporary so I'll be able to report back about the construction - and hopefully be able to do a walk-up for 1 meal there if we can get there as soon as it opens! (Fingers crossed, but not counting on it!)

You have plenty of time...