PDA

View Full Version : DS2 has food allergies... what is available for him?

lojikal1
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
My son is allergic (or 'lergic as he says it) to soy, dairy, eggs, wheat, and nuts... does WDW cater to children with such specific dietary needs? I know he will eat out of my plate a lot but I may pay OOP for him as well... any suggestions? :confused3

melafive
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I think if you call the restaurant a head of time you can make special arrangements. I don't know for sure hopefully someone else can help or maybe check the disabilities board.

happymommy
09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
PLEASE feel free to PM me!

First few times we went to WDW, my DS was allergic to dairy (had 2 anaphylactic reactions, one when he was 8 months), eggs, sesame, and peanut. I didn't even know the first time how great they (disney) were!

Note how many times I've returned. They are that great. I keep still getting asked by others why I like going to Disney. No one can understand how wonderful it is to feel safe for your child there, he can eat such great food, and we have never encountered anything coming close to this.

DS has outgrown peanut and sesame (not in that order, and it is rare, only about 5% of kids do this).

Also, I highly recommend the book his allergist wrote, "Food Allergies for Dummies" by Dr. Robert Wood. It is so great! I wish I'd had it years ago!

Trust me, you will be safe!

cigarboo
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
DS5 is allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts and he's done very well at Disney. Like pp, we go to Disney often because we are confident that Disney takes allergies VERY seriously. However, every so often we still end up pulling out the benadryl at Disney. Nothing too serious. DS is extremely sensitive, so even touching residue on tables and chairs will give him hives. I try to give the table an extra cleaning, especially on the sides. I always bring my own "safe"(snacks) foods just incase DS refuses to eat the few things he's actually served. It's hard enough to find foods he can eat, but he's a picky eater too.