PDA

View Full Version : Looking for activities for 2 year old son for Plane ride/airport

Dopeyforlife
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Looking for activities for 2-year-old son for Plane ride/airport. I'm taking my laptop for movies, (still have to check if I can take a laptop on the plane, anyone know?) but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas.

bjeannep
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Yes, you can bring your laptop on the plane and use it. My son loved his etcha sketch (got the small travel one). Also, if he likes to color, the Crayola Color Wonder's are great.

AnitaDisneyVacation
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
We took our daughter when she was 22 months. She enjoyed playing with pipe cleaners (I folded the sharp ends so they wouldn't hurt her). We also got some disney coloring books/pages so she'd recognize the characters.

You can also try a travel sized magna-doodle. I gave her a small tupperware full of cotton balls to play with and that seemed to keep her busy for a while.

dsneygirl
09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
I went to the dollar store and got half a dozen sticker books/sets. They were great for the plane but also in restaurants while waiting for our food. They were cheap and once he had used them up I just threw them out. Also easy to throw in a bag.

Ducky4Disney
09-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Believe it or not, we have carried a pop-up play tent with us to the airport! It folds up to practically nothing and weighs even less. We get to the airport very early and this way DS can play in it like a fort while waiting to board. It also occupies him at the resort.

This year I'm not sure what we're going to bring. I'm thinking of getting either a small magna-doodle or aqua-doodle and bringing a few interactive books. Sticker books would be great and what about those books with the invisible ink pen? Do they still make those? I've considered crayons or markers but I just invision a mess and crawling around looking for them all the time.

D4D