PDA

View Full Version : Packing List

shellywalker
09-21-2008, 11:43 AM
This is my first time traveling with my 2 kids. DD who is 5 and DS who will be 9 months when we leave! These are the packing lists that I have made...and I'm sure that I've forgotten a million things! If you see anything that I've missed, please let me know :) Keep in mind I will be traveling by myself with them and meeting my husband (who is currently serving in Iraq) in Orlando.

Diaper Bag (For Airplane):
Diapers
Wipes
Formula
Bottle
Sippy Cup
1 Jar Baby Food (breakfast)
1 Spoon
Disposable changing Pads
Disposable Bib
2 Regular Bibs
Change of Clothes
First Aid Kit
Baby Tylenol
Childrens Tylenol
Regular Tlylenol
Dramamine
Benadryl
Desitin
Wet Wipes
Shout Wipes
Tide-to-go
Camera
Video Camera
Laptop
Orajel
Pacifier
Cell Phone Charger
Contact Case and Glasses
Small Stuffed animal
Blankie
Small Toys

Maddie's Carry-On:
Leapster
Go Fish
Old Maid
Books
Coloring Books & Crayons
Workbook & Pencil
Ipod
Snacks
Change of clothes
Travel Pillows
Teddy Bear
Blankie

I think I've got all the items for our suitcases under control. I guess I can always buy whatever I need down there as well! I've already started packing (call me crazy) and we leave on the 24th of October :)

all4fun
09-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I am about two months out and already typing up my packing lists. I think it's wise to get things in order well in advance, but I don't like being rushed at the last minute, because that is when I forget the most important things!

This list seems like you have your carry ons covered pretty well. I would say that your dd has a lot of activities to choose from so she should be well entertained. Just a thought, but if her bag seems on the heavier side, don't feel bad about taking a couple of the heavier items out and leaving them at home. She may very well be entertained a lot just by the experience of flying somewhere, especially if it's a relatively new experience for her. We always bring several activities to help ds (also 5) stay entertained, but find that most of the time, he doesn't touch half of it. It's always good to be prepared, but don't feel bad if you neeed to lighten her load to make carrying it around more tolerable. just some food for thought.

I hope you have a great vacation, and want to also thank your dh for his service, and for the sacrifices your family makes for our country! :goodvibes

shellywalker
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I am about two months out and already typing up my packing lists. I think it's wise to get things in order well in advance, but I don't like being rushed at the last minute, because that is when I forget the most important things!

This list seems like you have your carry ons covered pretty well. I would say that your dd has a lot of activities to choose from so she should be well entertained. Just a thought, but if her bag seems on the heavier side, don't feel bad about taking a couple of the heavier items out and leaving them at home. She may very well be entertained a lot just by the experience of flying somewhere, especially if it's a relatively new experience for her. We always bring several activities to help ds (also 5) stay entertained, but find that most of the time, he doesn't touch half of it. It's always good to be prepared, but don't feel bad if you neeed to lighten her load to make carrying it around more tolerable. just some food for thought.

I hope you have a great vacation, and want to also thank your dh for his service, and for the sacrifices your family makes for our country! :goodvibes

Thank you! I will pass the message along! They love to hear it! Thank you also for the advice! She travels a lot...like flies at least 2 times a year...and generally she picks out what she takes! I've been making packing lists all the time...lists for everything. It helps me pass the time...as I am a SAHM and my oldest just started all day Kindergarten. I find myself with a lot more time on my hands :)

hollybearsmom
09-21-2008, 09:06 PM
If you'll go to my trip report on page two, there is a mammoth packing list - it spreads over several posts - maybe there's something there that can help you.