PDA

View Full Version : No Flash Pictures Please --- Redux

Pages : [1] 2

Gisele
09-20-2008, 12:14 AM
I would like to know, seeing how I do not know that much about cameras, whether or not, one can take pictures of dark rides,without using flash photography?
Now, the reason for my query, is simple. I am sick to death of people using flash photography on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride attraction. It is Disney's policy that on that ride and the Haunted Mansion, that this type of photography is not allowed!
The reason for that being, it can and DOES disturb the ride experience for the rest of the visitors, and it can disrupt the sensors on these rides.

PLEASE PEOPLE NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALLOWED! ON THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN RIDE ATTRACTION NOR THE HAUNTED MANSION!

PLACE OUT OF VIEW ALL FLASHING OR BLINKING NECKLACES, BRACELETS, PINS ETC! NONE OF US WANT TO SEE THAT EITHER!

JenDisneylandlver
09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Oh yes, people can take pictures without a flash. I think it may depend on the camera too, and people have to know how to work the settings. But it can be done.

It's a major pet peeve of mine too. We had a lady that was sitting in front of us on POTC, turn around and snap the flash RIGHT in our eyes. I couldn't believe how rude that was. Someone in the boat behind us was yelling "NO flash pictures!" You could hear her complaining to who she was with, that she'll do whatever she wants. Real classy!

Rainforest_Elf
09-20-2008, 01:11 AM
You can, but using a point and shoot camera is likely going to be out of the question. You'll need an SLR or DSLR to do this. One that will allow you to have a high ISO anda quick shutter speed. The pictures may be grainy because of this (though I've seen some pictures from folks here that prove grainy pictures is avoidable, I'd like to know their secret!!) but you'll be able to snap a few photos inside the rides and you won't be bugging anyone on the ride.

jory29
09-20-2008, 01:13 AM
I would never take a photo with a flash on the PotC ride... I can't get a decent photo with the flash off, so I rely on my memory - my senses - sight and scent.... works pretty well. :):banana:

Disney_Villain
09-20-2008, 03:19 AM
We've done photos in the dark (without flash) MANY times over the years in DL, DLP, DCL and WDW. Our answer is no, they don't turn out well. Not without some kind of tripod and perhaps a timer - which you can't do on rides.

DH uses a DSLR and I do the videography. Both of use tripods (or I use a monopod, at the very least). For rides that are aren't brightly lit (like IASW), when you're in a moving vehicle, decent photos are next to impossible - and dark rides would be the worst.

When his DSLR fails us, we fall back on my videos. I've done Halloween event videos at WDW and had them turn out pretty decent - and our photos (for most part) were awful. Mind you, I do use a monopod or tripod, where few people bother to haul these things around in the parks.

As for those who take flash pictures, yes they are either to stupid to turn off their flash in the first place (who could miss the announcements, really) or they are just being rude (unfortunately, my mother-in-law falls into this camp and you can't tell her no - which we do try - as she thinks its a basic human right).

Even worse than flash photography is VIDEO LIGHTING! I don't anyone get away with this. When inside the likes of the Aladdin show, some people even try recording the show with their cam's LCD panel open (which is brightly lit) sitting ahead of us - and I won't let them do it. You might as well shine a flashlight in my eyes during the whole Aladdin show. I've actually been applauded by people seated behind and adjacent to us when I've stopped these rude people before the show starts.

kylieh
09-20-2008, 03:30 AM
Even worse than flash photography is VIDEO LIGHTING! I don't anyone get away with this. When inside the likes of the Aladdin show, some people even try recording the show with their cam's LCD panel open (which is brightly lit) sitting ahead of us - and I won't let them do it. You might as well shine a flashlight in my eyes during the whole Aladdin show. I've actually been applauded by people seated behind and adjacent to us when I've stopped these rude people before the show starts.
Many of the new video cameras don't have a view finder - like ours from Panasonic (http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Cameras-Camcorders/Camcorders/Hi-Def-Camcorders/model.HDC-HS9_11002_7000000000000005702). It's LCD screen only. It's not always rude.

CrazyDuck
09-20-2008, 03:35 AM
It's not always rude.

It is... and you can record without the LCD screen open. You just won't know what you are shooting!

Lasty K
09-20-2008, 04:50 AM
I don't shoot with flash, but in the dark..it'll come out blurry with no flash. That is all

kylieh
09-20-2008, 05:07 AM
It is... and you can record without the LCD screen open. You just won't know what you are shooting!
I think we need to agree to disagree.

BarbieGal457
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
I've used my "sports" setting with no flash throughout my last trip and got wonderful pictures. I have a Casio Exilim and a Sony Cyber-Shot, and on both it's a pretty easy feature to find, but I can't remember where it is since I turned it on in January last. It really took amazing pictures of even Spaceship Earth, etc. I never turned my flash on during the trip except at night.

I was the flash nazi of my party yelling at everyone "make sure the flash is off or cameras AWAY!" They listened ;)

tzuhouse
09-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I know on our trip in 12/05 to WDW, two weeks after I got my new camera, I turned the flash off for dark rides, but was still getting dirty looks from people. Couldn't figure out why. Turned out that when the camera is looking for light and the flash is turned off, another little light flashes just before it takes the picture. 3 years later, I still haven't figured out if it's possible to turn that little light off. Pictures didn't turn out, either, so I decided it was pointless to try.

Anyone know how to turn off that little light on a Nikon D70s?

Mary

audrabolster
09-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Many of the new video cameras don't have a view finder - like ours from Panasonic (http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Cameras-Camcorders/Camcorders/Hi-Def-Camcorders/model.HDC-HS9_11002_7000000000000005702). It's LCD screen only. It's not always rude.

I feel that it is rude, try sitting behind someone on the pirates ride that has that going the entire time. It is distracting and for me, the strong light in the dark space gives me migraines!

JenDisneylandlver
09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
I feel that it is rude, try sitting behind someone on the pirates ride that has that going the entire time. It is distracting and for me, the strong light in the dark space gives me migraines!

I also feel it's rude. I think if your going to be recording such things, get a camera that isn't going to ruin the attraction/show for everyone else.

kylieh
09-20-2008, 07:44 PM
I also feel it's rude. I think if your going to be recording such things, get a camera that isn't going to ruin the attraction/show for everyone else.

I think I'm missing something here. Why would you be allowed to record at all in dark spaces? I'm thinking of the outdoor shows. At least in Australia your generally not allowed to record anything inside, flash or not, viewfinder or not. If you're talking about indoors, well yes I can see that some may be viewed as rude. Outdoors, which I'm thinking of, I still don't see the problem.

I'm going back in my hole now.

DisneySuiteFreak
09-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I know on our trip in 12/05 to WDW, two weeks after I got my new camera, I turned the flash off for dark rides, but was still getting dirty looks from people. Couldn't figure out why. Turned out that when the camera is looking for light and the flash is turned off, another little light flashes just before it takes the picture. 3 years later, I still haven't figured out if it's possible to turn that little light off. Pictures didn't turn out, either, so I decided it was pointless to try.

Mary

You have to go into the menu and look for Focus Assist. Turn that off and it will stop flashing the light.

JenDisneylandlver
09-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I think I'm missing something here. Why would you be allowed to record at all in dark spaces? I'm thinking of the outdoor shows. At least in Australia your generally not allowed to record anything inside, flash or not, viewfinder or not. If you're talking about indoors, well yes I can see that some may be viewed as rude. Outdoors, which I'm thinking of, I still don't see the problem.

Well both Aladdin and POTC is indoors. People really shouldn't be using any kind of lights for these attractions, but they do.

Outdoors, if it's daytime, and they are taping a parade? I don't mind. At night when it's dark, I find it just as annoying to have it in my face when I'm trying to watch a parade/show.

audrabolster
09-20-2008, 10:14 PM
oh, perhaps I misunderstood. If it's outside in the day, like the parade that's fine, but if it's an indoor attraction or at night (like during fireworks) that is just horrible for my head.

Gisele
10-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Kickin it up a notch. ;) :)

YellowMickeyPonchos
10-16-2008, 04:01 PM

Hey Kylie - you hit the nail on the head (I bolded the sentence in the quote above) - here in the US, we assume indoor videotaping when talking about the lighting, not outdoor. Indoor videotaping is usually allowed here, unless it's a copyright protected show.

You didn't say anything wrong. I think when folks read your post, they'll get the gist and not be upset.

actionvaughn
10-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I detest flash photography so much that it's really ruined Pirates of the Caribbean for me. It really feels like you can't go on it without being disrupted by someone that can't abide by the rules. I've been on the ride a million times, so it's not lost on me, but what about the people that are experiencing it for the first time?

Jenn1116
10-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Hmph... if I end up in a boat with a flasher I say something. And I'm even nice enough to edit out the profanity ;) If the person continues, I continue to say something. If they are going to ruin my experience (and the others' on board) then I make sure to ruin theirs.

I have a zero tolerance policy for the people with self-absorbed, entitled attitudes. :mad:

Gisele
10-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I profusely agree with your sentiments, to the above posters and for all else who have the same belief system!

Rainforest_Elf
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Hmph... if I end up in a boat with a flasher I say something. And I'm even nice enough to edit out the profanity ;) If the person continues, I continue to say something. If they are going to ruin my experience (and the others' on board) then I make sure to ruin theirs.

I have a zero tolerance policy for the people with self-absorbed, entitled attitudes. :mad:

We were in the back of one of the boats last week and we had two folks taking pictures with flashes. We totally said something to them, with absolutely no tact because we thought it was rude they would do such a thing. Thankfully, they both put their cameras away and looked pretty darn embarassed.

Krissy Marissy
10-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Indeed it is quite rude and upsetting. Last visit we had a man taking pictures non stop on potc and I finally asked him to politely refrain from doing so. He turned to me and said "I can do whatever I want. I paid for my ticket just as you did." I personally dont get it but there will always be people like that out there. I wish we could filter out such souls, it would make our trips to DL much more enjoyable! Also...those people on the train who try to take pictures in the tunnel by the dinosaurs...they drive me nuts too! :)

TheAXIOM
10-17-2008, 12:21 AM
OOOOH YESS..... Flashes in the POTC.

Makes me wanna slap someone upside the head.
Ruins all the magic for me, and I'm all about the magic! :wizard:

Katiebell
10-17-2008, 07:13 AM
There was a ride elimination game post on here recently, and the winner was PoTC -- the reward for all of us was someone posted some absolutely BEAUTIFUL pics from inside the ride -- professional quality. They did not appear to be flash shots (the lighting wasn't washed out) and unless the photographer is a CM or somehow managed to get on the ride when it wasn't open, they were able to take them from the moving boat. I'd love to know how they did it and what camera they used :thumbsup2

bumbershoot
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
The pictures may be grainy because of this (though I've seen some pictures from folks here that prove grainy pictures is avoidable, I'd like to know their secret!!)

From the Photography forum here, I learned that graininess is called "noise", and there are websites and software that you can run your pictures through to reduce the "noise".

3 years later, I still haven't figured out if it's possible to turn that little light off.

Mary

You have to go into the menu and look for Focus Assist. Turn that off and it will stop flashing the light.

Is that the AF Assist, and just changing it to "no"?

I figured it out with my Canon S3, and I'm looking at an in depth review here (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/NikonD70/page8.asp) and that's what it seems to be.

Flash and the LCD screens ruin the ride for me. Not just b/c it's distracting or annoying, but because every time a flash goes off, or if I have a screen in my vision, I cannot see. My eyes' ease in going from light to dark and back were ruined by Lasik. I won't eat at waterside in Blue Bayou anymore b/c it's so hard to see, and once I do adjust I can't look towards the door or my vision is ruined again. So each time a flash goes off it absolutely blinds me, and I have to get my vision back all over again, by which time they are taking another flash pic! It's really awful.

mousemom11
10-17-2008, 03:54 PM

Amen!!! I do the same as you. I start polite but get increasingly obnoxious if they continue.

Indeed it is quite rude and upsetting. Last visit we had a man taking pictures non stop on potc and I finally asked him to politely refrain from doing so. He turned to me and said "I can do whatever I want. I paid for my ticket just as you did."

My response to this is usually along the line of "Oh, so you won't mind then when I do what I want to do, which is to toss your camera overboard because you're being an obnoxious jerk". ;)

CalvaryMike
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
There was a ride elimination game post on here recently, and the winner was PoTC -- the reward for all of us was someone posted some absolutely BEAUTIFUL pics from inside the ride -- professional quality. They did not appear to be flash shots (the lighting wasn't washed out) and unless the photographer is a CM or somehow managed to get on the ride when it wasn't open, they were able to take them from the moving boat. I'd love to know how they did it and what camera they used :thumbsup2
I've taken some pictures in pretty dark situations and I was shooting in the RAW format with my DSLR. Using software, I was able to successfully pull enough light out of the picture that you would never imagine I shot the photo without a flash or external lighting.

Mugglemama
10-17-2008, 04:29 PM
i agree too, that it's annoying to have people flashing pics DURING the ride. but when we were there this time, we just barely sat in the POTC boat, and i was quick to try to get a pic of my kids on the ride before the boat started moving.

even at that, people were griping. and i have to say, i was pretty annoyed back at them. the ride hadn't even begun yet...there was lots of noise and commotion from the lines, and the BB across the water, and my quick photo of my kids must have been a minimal distraction compared to all the bustling that was going on around us. i just felt like some people felt compelled to "police" everybody else, when they didn't wait to see if my picture taking was actually going to even occur while the ride was in progress. most of the people in our boat were not even seated yet when i took the picture.

i've never once taken a picture during the dark rides. i always make it a point to snap a quick photo before the ride starts, just as we are seated. i want my kids to have photo memories of their times at disneyland, and so i have to say, to those who complain about pictures before the ride even begins....give me a break!

jason417
10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Someone in our POTC boat one time was snapping flash pictures like crazy through the beginning before the first drop and other riders kept asking her to stop but she wouldn't. Then just before the drop a CM announced no flash photography and everyone on the boat clapped and yelled thank you. I was secretly hoping that later she'd fall in the storybook land canal when trying to get out of the boat.

I also agree with those who have said using a camcorder with the LCD screen in the theater is rude. If it doesn't have a viewfinder, that doesn't make it less rude. That's like saying, "I can't put my cell phone on silent during the show because it doesn't have a vibrate mode."

Krissy Marissy
10-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Amen!!! I do the same as you. I start polite but get increasingly obnoxious if they continue.

My response to this is usually along the line of "Oh, so you won't mind then when I do what I want to do, which is to toss your camera overboard because you're being an obnoxious jerk". ;)

:lmao: I wish I would have thought of that!

Krissy Marissy
10-17-2008, 08:28 PM
i agree too, that it's annoying to have people flashing pics DURING the ride. but when we were there this time, we just barely sat in the POTC boat, and i was quick to try to get a pic of my kids on the ride before the boat started moving.

even at that, people were griping. and i have to say, i was pretty annoyed back at them. the ride hadn't even begun yet...there was lots of noise and commotion from the lines, and the BB across the water, and my quick photo of my kids must have been a minimal distraction compared to all the bustling that was going on around us. i just felt like some people felt compelled to "police" everybody else, when they didn't wait to see if my picture taking was actually going to even occur while the ride was in progress. most of the people in our boat were not even seated yet when i took the picture.

i've never once taken a picture during the dark rides. i always make it a point to snap a quick photo before the ride starts, just as we are seated. i want my kids to have photo memories of their times at disneyland, and so i have to say, to those who complain about pictures before the ride even begins....give me a break!

That wouldn't bother me at all. In fact I would do the same...and I may. Which is fine. I dont mind when you are just about to get off either...snap away my friend. But during the ride...not cool! :rolleyes:

Gisele
10-17-2008, 08:43 PM
I personally do not have an issue with a person that is going to take a flash picture when boarding, or having just sat their booty upon the seat of the boat. However, once the ride begins, I cringe just at the mere thought of someone taking flash pictures.

Gisele
11-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Ah........ but a gentile reminder............OR ELSE! :)

DisneySuiteFreak
11-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak

Is that the AF Assist, and just changing it to "no"?
I figured it out with my Canon S3, and I'm looking at an in depth review here (http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/NikonD70/page8.asp) and that's what it seems to be.

Yes it is AF assist in the D80 menu and you if you turn it to off it will stop flashing the AF assist light. The tradeoff is that the camera may have a harder time auto focusing, although some people have reported they just leave it off all the time. The D70 and D80 should have very similar menus so it should be in there somewhere...

Gisele
11-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Good to know. Thank you :)

Gisele
11-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Ah..........but another reminder......... :)

davidsprincess
11-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I actually yelled out at a lady in our boat at the front. "No flash pictures!!" I don't know if she heard me or not, but she only took the one. My husband was mortified.
Then on our last ride of our trip, just before we go back "up" the CM came over the PA and announced no flash photography. I missed that one. I would have yelled out then too.
You are all such a bad influence on this board!:rotfl: I would have never said anything before until I read here how it bothers some.:lmao:

Gisele
11-18-2008, 07:57 PM
He he! ;) :) I felt like yelling that out,when I was sitting waterside at The Blue Bayou. I decided against it, perhaps next time though........... The reason why I did not, was because I did not want to be stared at by the other diners. Not that drawing attention upon myself, has ever stopped me before (Generally speaking)

Good for you DavidsPrincess! You get a great big bag of Scooby Snacks for that! (First though, I have to bake them :)) I am glad that you were able to tell that naughty park goer, whats what! :) Keep up the great work.

darrendman
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
there is always a camera, or 1 person on the boat to spoil it. Even if its an annoying teen screaming..
but my new peeve are the parents that let their kids wear those night light up necklaces on the ride. you glide through the tunnels, with multicolor reflecting off the walls. it's like a pirate disco.

Gisele
11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
ha ha! Actually that is very annoying too! I most agree! I also tell people to please turn off their light up necklaces, etc. So far, they have all been very good little tourists, and have done so. But then, I do not visit the pirates everyday. I can only hope that others will carry on my work, until my return. Maybe I should try speaking in pirate language, such as; Arghhh, me mateys, ye best be stowin away al' of yer flash picture takin devices, along with them blinking contraptions, otherwise it will be Davy Jones locker fer you, you flea bitten, mangy bilge rat, scalawags!!!...............I love it! Do you think it may be a bit over the top? Seeing how I do not work for Disneyland, I could get away with it. he he! :)

Gisele
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Any new stories?............. :)

Mugglemama
11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
wow. i know i'm going to catch fire for this, but now it's unacceptable for kids to wear glow-in-the-dark necklaces on the ride?!!! come on, give me a break.

i barely even NOTICE other people on the ride, let alone what they are doing/wearing. i think complaining about little kids wearing glow-in-the-dark necklaces on the rides is being just a little uptight.

the ride is full of loud sounds and so much to see, i am amazed that people could be distracted by glow-in-the-dark necklaces, unless they were actually looking for things to complain about. sheesh.

if somebody told my kids to take off their glow-in-the-dark necklaces (which can't actually be "turned off"...they'd have to be taken off and stuffed into a purse or something) while we were on that ride...well, let's just hope we're never on the same ride together. i wouldn't be very pleasant about it.

(my kids have actually never worn those on rides at disneyland, but i wouldn't hesitate to allow them to).

Gisele
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
The CM'S will also tell people to turn those blinking things off. I do not see anything wrong with people respecting not only policy, but what I do not doubt would be the wishes of the majority as well. It is not just me. I am not interested in a pirate disco effect, either.

Mugglemama
11-19-2008, 02:30 PM
i've never once seen or heard a cm ask somebody to turn one of those things off. disneyland SELLS "those blinking things"...they must expect that they will be worn on rides.

it is not their policy. it's yours.

Gisele
11-19-2008, 02:38 PM
No, it is not my policy. When I was visiting the pirates this past August, the CM that was making the announcements, at the start of the ride, did make that statement. I was glad that he did. I am not going to argue over what should be a clear cut case of common courtesy, instead of a few people thinking that they have the right to spoil things for everyone else. I am sorry to see that you are in the latter category. .........Next.................

Mugglemama
11-19-2008, 02:41 PM
i wouldn't be so sure that you're not the one spoiling things for others...(sorry, i refuse to be dismissed).

Gisele
11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Moving on.............

Mugglemama
11-19-2008, 03:45 PM
must be convenient to just shut down a conversation when it stops going your way...

GBShorts
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
i've never once seen or heard a cm ask somebody to turn one of those things off. disneyland SELLS "those blinking things"...they must expect that they will be worn on rides.

it is not their policy. it's yours.

They also sell disposable cameras with flashes. ;) Just because they sell it doesn't mean it's okay. They come equipped with an on/off switch or battery removal option.

Glow in the dark necklaces are different from the FLASHING ones. Those drive me up the wall! It makes me feel like I'm at the state fair.

Gisele
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
The only lighting that I care for on the dark rides, is what occurs from the rides themselves. So therefore, no flash pictures, no video taping (Unless one can do that without the light) no blinking, flashing, or glow in the dark accoutrement!

Gisele
11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Any other experience? :)

hulamom
11-21-2008, 02:50 PM
We were there between Nov 8-11 and rode Pirates several times. On one of the rides, there were a few people taking pictures with their phones and the flashes would go off each time. It was quite annoying, but I didn't say anything. At one point inside the caves, a CM got onto the speaker and announced that no flash photography was allowed.

DH took several pics, using his digital Nikon with no flash. The pics were a bit grainy but turned out okay. Here's one:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x283/dkasson/Disneyland1108/407-Disneyland2008.jpg

-- Hulamom

Yakety76
11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Gisele, I needed you with me on our trip in October. We rode Pirates three times. The first time, the group seated in front of us carried on a conversation about their evening plans the whole ride. The second time, the lady seated in front of us took pictures of each scene and then showed the picture to her husband.
Thankfully, we were able to really enjoy it the third time.

I was upset by the talking and picture taking, but I find it difficult to speak up.

Gisele
11-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Hula mom, I love your photo. See one can take a nice picture and not use flash. :) Thank you for sharing it. I think that it is beautiful! :) Matter of fact, I may just have to borrow it from you. :)

Gisele
11-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Yakety76,

I know what it is like all too well when it comes to needing to ride pirates several times, in order to be able to do so peacefully during at least one voyage!

I would have been more than happy to have acted as your personal speaker. :) Normally when I have something to say to someone, when I find it very important to do so. I am not told to mind my own business, or to shut up, sometimes though, yes it has happened. Oh well it goes with the territory.

That sounds like a pretty place, Star, in Idaho.

hulamom
11-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Hula mom, I love your photo. See one can take a nice picture and not use flash. :) Thank you for sharing it. I think that it is beautiful! :) Matter of fact, I may just have to borrow it from you. :)

You're very welcome! They're DH's pics and I actually have more. He enjoys the challenge of holding his camera still enough to take those indoor pics. I can post more if you'd like.

-- Hulamom

Gisele
11-22-2008, 02:59 PM
That is funny! ;) :) he he, that your DH ,likes the challenge of holding his camera as still as possible,while taking indoor ride pictures. I give him credit for that. :) I would love to see more of your pictures. The POTC, is one of my very most favorite rides of all time. :)

tatehermosa
11-22-2008, 03:05 PM
It seems Disneyland has slacked on enforcing flash photography during the rides, I remember as a kid they would actually take your camera.

Back in the early 80's I was riding POTC and I happened to get seated with a boat full of Japanese tourist. They were having a blast taking pictures like mad before the ride actually started and several cast members mentioned to them about the Flash policy.

Anyway, once the ride started one guy whipped out what looked like a professional camera and started lighting up the place, rapid fire and going nuts with it. My sister and I dropped our jaws and stared at each other because we thought it was like taboo to do such a thing. We never thought about this ruining the ride, it was just fodder that Disney was so "Top Secret" about everything and didn't want people stealing their ideas.

So a cast member, from out of nowhere jumps on the boat and tells the man he can't use flash photography and takes his camera. The man was talking in Japanese so I don't know what he was saying but a few minutes later he whips out another camera (same style) ad starts going at it again. He was laughing and having a good old time, heck my sister and I were chuckling too. Another cast member jumps on the boat and takes his camera and then disappears.

Finally, he whips out another camera and starts taking more pictures. They stopped the ride and took the dude and his camera off the boat. I never did find out what happened and I've never ever taken a picture on that ride.

Gisele
11-22-2008, 06:34 PM
How many cameras does one person need? Ha ha!
I have not bought a camera yet. So maybe that tourist would like to send me one as a early Christmas gift. ;) :)

LavenderPeach
11-22-2008, 06:37 PM
It seems Disneyland has slacked on enforcing flash photography during the rides, I remember as a kid they would actually take your camera.

Back in the early 80's I was riding POTC and I happened to get seated with a boat full of Japanese tourist. They were having a blast taking pictures like mad before the ride actually started and several cast members mentioned to them about the Flash policy.

Anyway, once the ride started one guy whipped out what looked like a professional camera and started lighting up the place, rapid fire and going nuts with it. My sister and I dropped our jaws and stared at each other because we thought it was like taboo to do such a thing. We never thought about this ruining the ride, it was just fodder that Disney was so "Top Secret" about everything and didn't want people stealing their ideas.

So a cast member, from out of nowhere jumps on the boat and tells the man he can't use flash photography and takes his camera. The man was talking in Japanese so I don't know what he was saying but a few minutes later he whips out another camera (same style) ad starts going at it again. He was laughing and having a good old time, heck my sister and I were chuckling too. Another cast member jumps on the boat and takes his camera and then disappears.

Finally, he whips out another camera and starts taking more pictures. They stopped the ride and took the dude and his camera off the boat. I never did find out what happened and I've never ever taken a picture on that ride.

That is so funny that he kept whipping out cameras. :rotfl:

LavenderPeach
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Gisele, I thought of you and this thread when we went for a quick trip to DL today. No problems with flash photography but i had a similar experience to the one yakety76 mentioned with people chatting the whole ride.

We had 4 teenagers behind us who decided to use POTC as a place to hang out and chat about all kinds of things. They weren't even looking at the stuff on the ride. Well, except when the one girl had to explain, in detail, her experience at the Blue Bayou and how good the food was, what she ordered, etc. It was SO annoying. They also said things like "I've been on like, all the rides here." "Really? Even the teacups?" We thought that was funny. Then the one girl finally stopped talking for 10 seconds and her friend said, "are you okay? You seem upset?" and then the girl started talking again - non stop. They also discussed weather or not the Subs have ramps on them so that their one friend (who apparently had an injured leg) could go on it. Their final consensus was that the subs MUST have ramps to accomodate people. Hmmmm.... that would be nice but I don't know how they thought a small submarine could have a ramp on it.

Anyway, it's kind of funny now to think about the conversations they were having but at the time I was thinking "Oh how I would trade these chatters for a person using the flash on their camera!"

hulamom
11-24-2008, 02:09 PM
That is funny! ;) :) he he, that your DH ,likes the challenge of holding his camera as still as possible,while taking indoor ride pictures. I give him credit for that. :) I would love to see more of your pictures. The POTC, is one of my very most favorite rides of all time. :)

Here are a few more from POTC (using his Nikon D300):

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x283/dkasson/Disneyland1108/408-Disneyland2008.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x283/dkasson/Disneyland1108/031-Disneyland2008.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x283/dkasson/Disneyland1108/030-Disneyland2008.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x283/dkasson/Disneyland1108/029-Disneyland2008.jpg

prettyprincessbelle
11-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Then the one girl finally stopped talking for 10 seconds and her friend said, "are you okay? You seem upset?" and then the girl started talking again - non stop.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: That is just hilarious! She doesn't talk for 10 seconds and they think she's upset. She must be a chatter box. :scared:

Gisele
11-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I have no idea why my avatar is not showing up. Any ideas? I have checked my information, and my image is showing, but it is not under my name. That is very confusing to me.

Krissy Marissy
11-24-2008, 02:58 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl2: That is just hilarious! She doesn't talk for 10 seconds and they think she's upset. She must be a chatter box. :scared:

:lmao: It totally is a chatty teen girl thing isn't it?? And the guy who had 3 cameras...I get just as annoyed as the next guy but I would have been cracking up!! :rotfl: My goodness, some people. I just dont get it :rolleyes:

Krissy Marissy
11-24-2008, 03:39 PM
You can get penalized on DIS? Is this not a discussion and PUBLIC message board? Seems silly to me. How long until you can get your stuff back? I was going to tell you that I was having trouble getting the christmas tree mickeys that nancy sent me to show up but I think that is another issue entirely different.

Krissy Marissy
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Thank you Krissy for replying. I know that we rather had gotten off the wrong foot, on a different thread. I never had that in mind to happen. Anyway, it is in effect for one month.[edited].

Sorry. And yes, I was cranky a lot from lack of sleep due to my newborn daughter. Thankfully she sleeps through the night now and I am in a much better mood. I am sorry that they punished you right away, hardly seems fair but that is how it goes sometimes. At least you still have your cool tags under your name right? ;)

dipin
11-30-2008, 02:42 AM
I am just returning from another trip and it seems that flash photography is worse than ever. First of all, I dont understand the need to get an out of context pic of a ride. After all, there are plenty of those online, why not enjoy the ride and not bother with it? (This, of course, doesnt apply to the amateur photographer like some here, where the challenge is getting the pic without the flash anyways, so they dont bother anyone).

But the worst is when not only the people are rude, but, in my opinion, stupid as well. I mean, flashes at POTC is annoying, but at least the person will get their shots. But trying to take a flash picture at haunted mansion and its light effects, really? Worst of all, these people will often insist at that, never realizing why their flash pictures are not getting the ghosts or the images projected by light.

I really wish disney would enforce the no flash photography policy more vehemently. Not only an audio warning when people are boarding, but how about a sign explaining that it is a useless effort as the pics wont come out? CMs warning the person either during the ride or immediately after it?

After all, since they do take action against people yelling or making loud noises during musical attractions or attractions that rely on sound, why not do the same for flash photography in attractions with lighting effects? A flash picture during haunted mansion for me is on par to yelling during a musical, with the added aggravation that lines at HM are often much longer.

tink2dw
11-30-2008, 03:34 AM
I was on haunted Mansion in the next car behind me they had a video camera with infa red that shoots night movies. Well, we to the area with the head in the glass globe and the ride stops, And the CM announces No! Infa red camera's!! It seems it messes with the effects.

Gisele
12-14-2008, 01:54 AM
One would think that people would either have learned by now, or would have realized otherwise, what is correct and is courteous and what is not. Obviously that is still not the case, most regretfully.

Gisele
12-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Any new tales?

DisneySuiteFreak
12-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Although I agree that people should not use flash photography on the dark rides, unfortunately a lot of people don't know how to use their cameras beyond point and shoot. That's why there are so many people w/ P&S cameras in the park and all over the world. Many of them probably don't know how to access the camera's menu system to turn the flash on or off. And w/ P&S cameras, if you turn off the flash on a dark ride, 99% of the time, the photo will not come out right because the sensor is too small. (It'll be blurred, out of focus, extremely noisy/grainy, etc.) Unless the ride is at a total standstill due to traffic or technical difficulties, a P&S won't cut it on a dark ride like Pirates. Also, not all P&S cameras have an easy to find single button to turn flash on/off, and even if it's there, not everyone would know how to use it.:headache:
So yeah, it's unfortunate that some people don't know how to turn off their flash and/or don't care to learn, but that's the way it is. I don't let that impact my pure enjoyment of being there in the park that Walt built. :lovestruc
FWIW, I have seen some really nice photos both with and w/out flash on dark rides. I've even seen where people on this board compliment photos from dark rides that were taken with flash. (You can see the info if you have an EXIF reader software on your computer.) So in a way, it's kind of like beating a dead horse. It'll never change unless Disney strictly forbids any kind of photography; and even then it won't change unless they take away the camera from the offender. And that will never happen. Millions of people go to Disney parks every year, and a lot of them make up their minds to do so because of all the photos and videos they see floating around on the 'net.
No flames, please... I do understand the frustration especially because I am one of them who is always trying to play by the rules and capture low light photos w/ no flash, and I've invested thousands of dollars into photo equipment to be able to do so. (Not just for DL pictures though!:scared1: That would be nuts.) But what can you do? Such is life. We can't control others, only ourselves...:flower3:

pixiewings71
12-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the PP. If you have a camera at least learn how to function it with the basics. Flash on and off is a very basic function, most P & S cameras have a button that's very accessible that you can use to turn it on and off. When I get a new camera one of the first things I do is figure out how to use the basic functions.....all else can come later but I need to know how to turn the flash on/off and use the zoom. lol

DisneySuiteFreak
12-15-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the PP. If you have a camera at least learn how to function it with the basics. Flash on and off is a very basic function, most P & S cameras have a button that's very accessible that you can use to turn it on and off. When I get a new camera one of the first things I do is figure out how to use the basic functions.....all else can come later but I need to know how to turn the flash on/off and use the zoom. lol

What is there to disagree about? We're both in agreement that people should learn how to use their cameras. I'm merely pointing out the sad reality that most people don't. That's why they have point and shoot cameras -- so they can literally point and shoot without thinking. (And again, this is like beating a dead horse...)
I just saw 2 trip reports that shows photos taken in dark rides with flash on, and no one said a word to the posters about why they didn't turn off their flash. Everyone loved the pictures. Maybe everyone should learn what photos taken with flash on dark rides look like too so they can peer pressure the posters not to use the flash and to learn how to use their cameras.:confused3 :rolleyes1 It's somewhat hypocritical to complain about flash use on dark rides while praising photos taken with them, don't you think?
There are quite a few people who take beautiful non-flash photos so it can be done. I'm just saying the reality is that it's not done because most people are P&S camera users who don't know/care how to use their camera. Just think for a second how many people are on the Internet, some who post here on the Dis, who don't know how to use their computers that they use everyday. Now imagine that same person trying to use their P&S cameras that they don't use everyday. scary...

Gisele
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
In agreement, that is a scary thing. Whenever someone is really beginning to get on my last nerve, either I will say something (Reasonably politely) or ignore the person (I normally say something)
I remind myself that I cannot change someone else, only myself (That helps me out when it comes to not becoming too annoyed by someone's annoying behavior)
I normally will say please no flash pictures. So far, only one person gave me a headache over it, with their not so nice reply. It goes with the territory of doing the right thing. The right thing is not always what one wants, however it is just all the same. When I see children running, I tell them no running please. I am more than happy to assist people however I can, even though it is not my job, I wish it was.

pixiewings71
12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
So yeah, it's unfortunate that some people don't know how to turn off their flash and/or don't care to learn, but that's the way it is. I don't let that impact my pure enjoyment of being there in the park that Walt built. :lovestruc

This was the part I was disagreeing with. Everyone who has a camera needs to learn the basics. The don't care to learn part was what I was referring to. You are right of course that not everyone cares to learns but it would really be to their benefit to do so. :thumbsup2 Sorry, I was trying to hurry thru my post so I didn't clarify well enough I suppose. :)

What is there to disagree about? We're both in agreement that people should learn how to use their cameras. I'm merely pointing out the sad reality that most people don't. That's why they have point and shoot cameras -- so they can literally point and shoot without thinking. (And again, this is like beating a dead horse...)
I just saw 2 trip reports that shows photos taken in dark rides with flash on, and no one said a word to the posters about why they didn't turn off their flash. Everyone loved the pictures. Maybe everyone should learn what photos taken with flash on dark rides look like too so they can peer pressure the posters not to use the flash and to learn how to use their cameras.:confused3 :rolleyes1 It's somewhat hypocritical to complain about flash use on dark rides while praising photos taken with them, don't you think?
There are quite a few people who take beautiful non-flash photos so it can be done. I'm just saying the reality is that it's not done because most people are P&S camera users who don't know/care how to use their camera. Just think for a second how many people are on the Internet, some who post here on the Dis, who don't know how to use their computers that they use everyday. Now imagine that same person trying to use their P&S cameras that they don't use everyday. scary...

Apparently I'm the queen of misreading posts today......lol

DisneySuiteFreak
12-16-2008, 02:59 AM
This was the part I was disagreeing with. Everyone who has a camera needs to learn the basics. The don't care to learn part was what I was referring to. You are right of course that not everyone cares to learns but it would really be to their benefit to do so. :thumbsup2 Sorry, I was trying to hurry thru my post so I didn't clarify well enough I suppose. :)

Apparently I'm the queen of misreading posts today......lol

No worries; it's all good!:flower3:

pixiewings71
12-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Thank You :)

Gisele
12-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Any new stories?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Happy Hanukkah! ~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Merry Christmas!~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kristine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gisele
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. All tales are welcomed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kristine ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krissy Marissy
12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I rode tuesday and the ladies behind DH and I wanted a picture when we loaded so he took it. Then the CM told the ladies...no more flash pictures ladies! :) And they said...oh we just wanted one before we get going. So I was relieved. But then as soon as the music started this loud obnoxious creature from the back row of the boat began singing as loudly as humanly possible along with the words. *high five* you know how to say yo ho...so does my 2 yr old. But doesn't mean he does it. So she sang and sang until we didn't hear it anymore and when it started up again in the village she refrained from joining...Thank goodness. I was about to say something to her the first time and certainly would have had she sung again.

Gisele
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Unless it is Madonna singing in my boat, then no thank you. Perhaps a bit of light singing at the beginning would be o.k. However, at the top of one's lungs? Most definitely no thank you! (Cringe) I am glad that you were prepared to tell this much unwanted songstress, to zip it. Maybe one can tell someone in this case, please inside voice. If you do not know what it is, my two year old will be more than happy to tell you. he he! Seriously.

Krissy Marissy
12-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Unless it is Madonna singing in my boat, then no thank you. Perhaps a bit of light singing at the beginning would be o.k. However, at the top of one's lungs? Most definitely no thank you! (Cringe) I am glad that you were prepared to tell this much unwanted songstress, to zip it. Maybe one can tell someone in this case, please inside voice. If you do not know what it is, my two year old will be more than happy to tell you. he he! Seriously.

Well I tried to be patient for a few minutes and told myself not to go down to her level and thankfully my patience was rewarded by being quiet. However I know that I will be much more apt to speak quickly against such an offender in April as we'll have several first time riders with us! Hopefully the 13 of us will mostly have the boat to ourselves.

pigletforever
12-21-2008, 02:57 PM
I am getting a new Nikon Dsomething for Christmas. DH won't tell me which one it is. I solemnly promise not to use the flash on dark rides. Not because it would bother others (that is also a reason) but because I am such a clutz I would drop the camera and break it. Or it would end up in the water on PotC and IASW. So it will stay in its bag on rides.

Gisele
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
It sounds like that is going to be a very nice present, pigletforever.

Gisele
12-21-2008, 08:18 PM
When I see someone pull out their camera while sailing about upon our pirates voyage, I begin to become a bit worried. I will wait to see what the guest does with their camera. If they take just one flash picture, I remind them reasonably politely, that no flash pictures are allowed. Normally one does not have an issue with the message.

pixiewings71
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I am getting a new Nikon Dsomething for Christmas. DH won't tell me which one it is. I solemnly promise not to use the flash on dark rides. Not because it would bother others (that is also a reason) but because I am such a clutz I would drop the camera and break it. Or it would end up in the water on PotC and IASW. So it will stay in its bag on rides.

I am getting myself a new camera for Christmas! LOL I already have it actually but I haven't played with it yet. I've been able to resist the need. It's a Nikon Cool Pix that I got for super cheap!!!!! Brand new too, with a FREE memory card!! I can't wait to pull it out and figure it all out. I figure that between DBF and I we will have the 6 hr drive down to figure out how to use it and turn the flash off. :) LOL Enjoy your new toy!!!

When I see someone pull out their camera while sailing about upon our pirates voyage, I begin to become a bit worried. I will wait to see what the guest does with their camera. If they take just one flash picture, I remind them reasonably politely, that no flash pictures are allowed. Normally one does not have an issue with the message.

I usually let them have 2 flash shots before I start saying "no flash pictures please" over and over and over again......LOL

Gisele
12-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Oh, no! Flash pictures! Who ya gonna call! Flash busters! ;) ha ha! I wish that there were flash picture police on this ride, and for the HM as well. :) Now that would be cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To one and all! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Krissy Marissy
12-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Totally forgot until you just mentioned it...when we rode HMH the couple like 3 buggies back from us was taking flash pictures!! And not of the ride but of the themselves...the girl was doing it. I was pissed but didn't shout as that may be just as distracting. I did however find it to be rude and distasteful!!

Gisele
12-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I am trying to figure out why one would want to take pictures of themselves on a dark ride? When it is further in the ride, anyway. I can understand, if just boarding, that is not so bad.
I wonder how they kept from getting sea sick. What with all of the spinning around, then say cheese!
Some people just do not get it! Or they do, however like to forget it! Because it works to their advantage that way. Oh, I forgot. Yeah, right, I am sure that you did not.
Times like those, it would be nice if a camera fairy could do a fly by. Seize the cameras, and not give them back until the ride is clean over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To one and all! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gisele
12-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Would anyone like to add to these tales of the sea? Or Haunted Mansion etc. for that matter.

pixiewings71
12-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Not 'til we get back. :) But I got my new camera (Nikon Coolpix S210) and it's got a museum setting.....says it's specifically for taking pictures in dark places where flash is not allowed!! Can't wait to try it!!!! :)

Gisele
12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Pixie,

That sounds very interesting, a museum setting. I love visiting museums. It will be nice to see how that setting does work. I hope that it works out perfectly. We will know if it does not, when someone says, Hey down in front, no flash pictures please, it is the policy, thank you. :) he he!

pixiewings71
12-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Well according to the settings......which I have looked over extensively wanting to know how to turn the flash off at the very least......the museum setting had NO flash....so, we will see!!! I'll share what I was able to get upon my return! :)

Trader Aaron
01-02-2009, 03:52 AM
I use the "available light" type setting or set for manual with a long exposure. Its usually blurry but can be cool sometimes.

Gisele
01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Pas de flash de photos s'il vous plaît Merci beaucoup

keine Flash-Bilder bitte Danke

Sin flash imágenes por favor Gracias

in flash non immagini si prega di Grazie

No flash pictures please Thank you

ingen flash billeder bedes Tak

perlster
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
tired of seeing this silly thread taking up space on the front page?

Gisele
01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I am sorry you feel that way. I for one, am not tired of seeing it at all. Matter of fact, I am the one that began it. Might I suggest that if you would prefer to not see it, then just do not pay attention to it. Please really and thank you.
Also, please define "silly" For it is not silly when people take flash pictures, and disturb other guests. Not to mention, going against Disney policy. I am so sorry really, that Disney's rules, some how offend your delicate sensibilities.
I most profusely apologize for your feeling that way regarding not only their policy, but this thread as well.
My previous post, is in several different languages. I do not see anything silly about that either. I am sorry if foreign languages some how disturb you. That certainly was not my intention.
AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS THREAD, IF YOU ARE SOME HOW GROSSLY OFFENDED BY IT.

Thank you

Stacerita
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Yesterbay on HM there was not one, but two different buggies taking flash pics. Really bothersome in the Madame Leota room. Had one person 4 buggies to our right taking pics, and then had one about 4 to our left. So the flashes were practically facing us both times.

Gisele
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I am sorry that your visit to Gracey Mansion, had to be disturbed by such rude people. I hope that your next visit, will go without such occurrences. After all, the happy haunts at the mansion, are frightfully sensitive to bright lights.

I like your support lap dancing ribbon. I find that interesting and humorous too. (In a good way :))

Krissy Marissy
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Yesterbay on HM there was not one, but two different buggies taking flash pics. Really bothersome in the Madame Leota room. Had one person 4 buggies to our right taking pics, and then had one about 4 to our left. So the flashes were practically facing us both times.

Same thing happened to us and it was distracting but even more annoying. Seriously where do these people get off thinking they have a right to take pictures with a flash during a dark ride? Seriously the nerve! :confused3

PinkBudgie
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Same thing happened to us and it was distracting but even more annoying. Seriously where do these people get off thinking they have a right to take pictures with a flash during a dark ride? Seriously the nerve! :confused3

Same thing happened to us a few days ago. In that same room even- which is bad because it was right in my eyes across from me. :mad: This never used to happen but has become increasingly worse it seems. :sad2:

Gisele
01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Krissy and PinkBudgie,

I am sorry that you both had to have your ride experience almost ruined.
I know, it can be ruined by one or more people, that do not bother to either heed the policy or that just simply do not use common sense. Common sense when it comes to thinking, hm I wonder if any one might mind my doing this? (Of course, there are those guests that do not think about it all, they just flash away, as it were) then they either will think, no, no one will mind. It is just one camera (Right amongst many, and many that will take more than one photo) Or one may figure, well I do not care. I travelled all the way from (Insert state, or country here) so I just do not care about protocol (Not necessarily that wording of course, but the same out come)

In my opinion, Disney really needs to start cracking down on this policy. Some people travel many hours, and are not interested in having their first visit with the pirates ruined or almost ruined because Disney does not have control over their own policy.

I was attempting to figure out how to essentially say, no flash pictures please, or to that effect in Japanese. However, I just cannot seem to translate it. Mind you, I do not speak the language. I am trying to learn different languages one way or another. I believe this language, will be difficult for me. I believe that the previous languages that I posted are correct. If not, please someone let me know. Thank you :)

Gisele
01-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Gisele
01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Just a reminder from your most friendly and cheerful gang of pirates and happy haunts.

Disney Dreams
01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I have been fighting commenting for a while, but alas, I am giving in.

Gisele, I find it interesting that you bump this thread so often and you are not at Disneyland! No, I am not saying you have to be there to have an opinion, but it would seem to be an issue worth bumping frequently if you were at the park and flashes were going off constantly. Since you aren't, it is just interesting to me that you keep this thread so active and get angry at those few who have disagreed on here.

That said, flashes don't bug me on rides. Neither do infered lights or the screens on video cameras.

Crying and screaming children do, however. And I have yet to figure out why parents in shows (like Tiki) don't pick up their really loud kid and exit.

I guess we all have our hot buttons, visual or auditory. Finding a balance to co-exist and enjoy the park together is the key.

- Dreams

Gisele
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
No problem Disney Dreams, do I have with your commentary. Matter of fact, I do appreciate it as well.
I too wonder why parents do not exit a show, when their child is being very much a negative influence, upon the environment.
I do not get mad at someone that does not like this thread. I just do not see anything wrong with this subject. Flash photography does bother many people. And it does go against Disney's policy.
I like to bump it up, so maybe, just maybe especially what with the different languages that I have posted, some people will read this information, and learn from it, in a good way. I do not do this to be annoying.
I just hope that I have the translations correct, otherwise oops. ;)

Gisele
01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
No flash pictures please Thank you ............ It is Disney policy.

Keine Flash-Bilder bitte Danke

Gisele
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Again, just a reminder from your friendly and cheerful gang of pirates and happy haunts.

Gisele
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
No flash pictures please Thank you ............ It is Disney policy.

Keine Flash-Bilder bitte Danke

Gisele
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
:)

crosbpa
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Depends on your camera but I have found video to come out better than stills on the darker rides. Then you can cut still out from the video later. Just remember to turn the display off. The big glowing screens are distacting. I have been on so many rides (Pirates is really bad) where the person in front of me is holding their camera up in front of my face the whole ride.

Gisele
01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
That is very good advice, thank you.
I most agree too, that on the POTC ride, it can become really bad, with how many people use flash, or light up screens of one kind or another.
It was almost nothing short of amazing, that last year, when I was visiting the pirates, it was right after the park opened. Next thing you know, several people are already taking flash pictures. So for those that were close to me, I said to them, I am sorry but no flash pictures please. Normally people are good about putting it away, sometimes not so much.
I wish that you had told that rude person in front of you, that sort of equipment is not suppose to be used, unless you can do so, without the bright screen. If that person ends up more or less ruining your ride, which is what happened to me, and after complaining to the cm (About the rude people on my boat) when the ride was over,he asked me if I would like to ride again, WHY YES, AND THANK YOU :) and I ended up getting not only my own boat, but the lead boat as well. Ah, it was but a thing of beauty. Anyway, just complain to the cm, and they will most likely let you go again, and hopefully in your own boat.
Disney really needs to crack down on their policies, regarding no flash pictures, no bright lights, and no glowing or blinking items. Sometimes, a cm will state to please turn of, or to put away the former. I believe that all depends upon whether or not the cm sees anyone with such. As far as flash and other distracting items, I always hear them say NO FLASH PICTURES PLEASE, and anything that might be related at the time.

I hope that your next visit to Dl. will be without the above distractions and nuisances, when visiting the pirates, and any other dark ride as well.

Gisele
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Cartman asked me to as the saying goes, bump it up, seeing how he and his friends will be visiting the park later this month. He has already told me what might happen if someone takes any flash pictures, et al. while he, his granny and his friends visit the pirates. And believe you me, it ain't pretty either. But I am trying to keep it G here, so I will not repeat certain language that he let be known. he he! ;)

JadeDarkstar
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
i took pics an no flash yet my little canon took good pic's i was surprised how good they came out
Edited-checked the two on my trip report an the HM ones are there no flash
I did see some rude ppl tho I also noticed three ppl on the same boat all using there phones. I saw the light but I didn't worry about it. I was waiting for jack lol

Lakewood
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe the people who are doing it only speak English or Spanish. They don't give the spiel in other languages...

Gisele
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I wish that other languages would be spoken in addition to English and Spanish. For the pirates ride, I have only heard English spoken by any of the CM's. Regarding the HM at Dl. I always hear both languages that are pre-recorded.

Lakewood
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
I wish that other languages would be spoken in addition to English and Spanish. For the pirates ride, I have only heard English spoken by any of the CM's. Regarding the HM at Dl. I always hear both languages that are pre-recorded.

I just wish English was, seems simple enough to me. Or you could do the spiel in EVERY other language just to be fair.

Sherwin
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
No flash photography should be established common knowledge among anyone who visits the parks.

pixiewings71
04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe the people who are doing it only speak English or Spanish. They don't give the spiel in other languages...

the last time it happened to us and DBF turned around and told the guy to his flash off they were speaking Spanish. Best part, they started to insult him and while neither of us are very fluent in Spanish he knew enough to get the jist of what they were saying so he turned around again and said "I understand you, stop taking flash photos". LOL They were embarrassed and stopped.....lol

Gisele
04-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I agree Sherwin.

Pixie, good for you and your DBF for knowing just enough Spanish to know that you were being insulted. I know more than a few words, but am not fluent yet. Hopefully one day, and soon.

Gisele
04-19-2009, 11:43 PM
I Cartman need this to be on page one again ............. Merci. I am actually learning French too. I am sure that the French speaking people will just love me......... yeah to death, you @#@#, hey who snuck in and wrote that you @#@#!

MissDisney04
04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
things what annoy me in disney (extremely hard to do)

1. taking flash photos or video on a ride - i let them do it once, get warned by the ride, and if they do it again, i often say RUDE in a moderately loud tone (not yelling, and quickly so as not to interrupt things anymore, sometimes i wait till after the ride.) one time on the HM i actually said NO FLASH PICTURES instead because they did it like 5 times and they were in the buggie right next to us. the ballroom scene is no place for a flash, much less 2

2. people who talk on their cell phones ON rides - last time i rode PotC with my brother, the man in the bench in front of us answered his phone and ACTUALLY planned his lunch until the end of the ride. when we got off i made a comment about how rude it was to my brother, *** he was standing next to us

i am a naturally passive person, but sometimes things just get my goat....i am never confrontational though....just visibly annoyed and often say something snide to whoeever i am with, to vent it

Gisele
04-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you for sharing! And welcome! :)

Good Grief, the guest was planning his entire lunch on the cell phone during the ride! That is rude. Next time, he should send a text!
I cannot get over as well, how no sooner the park opens, and you are one of very few people on pirates, then flash.... no not that kind. he he ;) the picture kind. One would think that at a time such as then, the odds would be in your favor, to not have to deal with flash pictures, and anything else annoying, and that goes against policy.

It is good not to be confrontational. Because one never knows the other person's reaction. For myself, I normally do confront the annoying person. I will turn around on the boat, and look right at the offender, and in a reasonably nice tone, say No flash pictures please, it's the policy. Only once, it became a bit unpleasant on pirates, because of the numnuts that were behind me, if it was not their flash camera, it was the wife's mouth, toward me.

Belle Ella
04-22-2009, 05:26 PM
things what annoy me in disney (extremely hard to do)

2. people who talk on their cell phones ON rides - last time i rode PotC with my brother, the man in the bench in front of us answered his phone and ACTUALLY planned his lunch until the end of the ride. when we got off i made a comment about how rude it was to my brother, *** he was standing next to us
Speaking of people on cell phones, we had an incident in the Tiki Room while we were there. The CM was trying to start the show but there was a woman parked in the exit on her cell phone and so he couldn't close the doors to start the show. The CM went over to her to ask her to move and she held up her hand to him and told him to go away. Everyone in the room was pretty shocked about it. Actually, we were all fed up with it so on a count of three everyone yelled out to turn off her phone and so what did she do? She came into the room and stayed on her cell phone. It was ridiculous, and annoying as hell.

Gisele
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
OMG! That is just outlandish behaviour on her part! She obviously is not a particularly polite person, nor very mature either. After the CM asked her to please move, and after everyone in the audience told her what to do, and she still cannot follow the rules, is when security should have been called in, and then they could have spoken with her, outside. Which is where she should have been to begin with while she was on her phone. Now if that call was a matter of life and death, I can see the importance of taking the call. However, this incident does not sound like it was in that category. For if it had been, she would have gone outside to begin with.
What a disruptive and rather disturbing incident for everyone, including Jose and all of his songster friends. I sure am sorry that you had to be there when it happend.
Again, security really should have been called in!

lntsmom
04-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Taking this in another direction...last year at AK I got blamed for someone else's use of flash!:headache:

We were at the Nemo show, sitting just beside the part of the stage that projects out. I had my camera set to "no flash".

I noticed that there was a constant stream of flashes from behind my right shoulder. Not thinking anything of it, I went on enjoying the show.

About 10 minutes into the show a CM came and tapped me on the shoulder and loudly told me to turn my flash off. I tried to explain that it wasn't me, even tried to show her my camera, which had the "no flash" sign showing on the screen, but she wouldn't look at it, gave me a dirty look, and walked away.

I was mad and embarrassed! We were having a lousy day anyway (other than Tusker House's character breakfast there isn't anything that would make our "top 100" list of things to do at WDW), and that just added to it!

Gisele
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
That is just so unfair! Nothing worse than being accused of something that you really are not guilty of. In the meantime, the rude one's behind you, get away with murder.
I sure am sorry, for not only that happening, but that it added to your already not so magical day. :(
:flower3: Hopefully the rest of your vacation was wonderful! :)

pixiewings71
04-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Taking this in another direction...last year at AK I got blamed for someone else's use of flash!:headache:

We were at the Nemo show, sitting just beside the part of the stage that projects out. I had my camera set to "no flash".

I noticed that there was a constant stream of flashes from behind my right shoulder. Not thinking anything of it, I went on enjoying the show.

About 10 minutes into the show a CM came and tapped me on the shoulder and loudly told me to turn my flash off. I tried to explain that it wasn't me, even tried to show her my camera, which had the "no flash" sign showing on the screen, but she wouldn't look at it, gave me a dirty look, and walked away.

I was mad and embarrassed! We were having a lousy day anyway (other than Tusker House's character breakfast there isn't anything that would make our "top 100" list of things to do at WDW), and that just added to it!

OMG!!! I can so see myself standing up and saying quite loudly to that CM, "excuse me, but it is not ME using the flash, it is someone BACK HERE BEHIND ME, as you can CLEARLY see I absolutely do NOT have flash on" and sitting back down. LOL I'm normally not very confrontational either but man, that would have ticked me off....of course we would have already established it wasn't me because at that point I'd have had my face buried in DBF desperately trying to avoid a migraine. LOL

Gisele
05-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Ah it is that time of season again, flowers in full bloom, the birds are making their nests, allergies, and the flash of prohibited picture taking on the Pirates and the HM!

hbkfan637
05-13-2009, 09:05 PM
I just got back from a Disneyland trip and every time except for once, someone took flash photography on the POTC ride. It was annoying but I was too shy to say anything. I don't remember that happening as much last year. I also had lunch at the Blue Bayou and I was surprised that flash photography is allowed there.

Oh and this is a little off topic but still in the "ruining it for others".. the first time I went on Haunted Mansion, I guess someone got up/out of their doom buggy.. We had to sit there while the intercom kept rotating a recorded message about getting in/staying in so the ride can continue and a CM saying something similar. I don't understand why people who do things like that don't see how it affects everyone else!

Gisele
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't understand why people who do things like that don't see how it affects everyone else!

..... because either they do not think it is a problem, or they just do not care. Another possibility is that one might not even think about it to begin with, they just see something whose image they would like to capture, and then "flash". Or they are doing something else stupid, like standing up, when they need to remain seated, on the ride.

Welcome back! :) I am sorry that so many people had to be so inconsiderate. It is truly annoying, and can really get on one's last nerve!

Gisele
05-26-2009, 12:51 AM
Bumpity bumpity says Pooh and Tigger too!

Kittyskyfish
05-26-2009, 04:04 PM
DH and I were there last week and the CMs on POTC were really vocal about flash photography. They would often come on loudspeaker and remind riders to not use their flash. As a result, all the POTC voyages we went on were without most of the usual blinding flashes. **yay!!!**

Gisele
05-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Thank goodness! I am glad to hear that the CM's are really focusing on cracking down on Flash photography.

Gisele
07-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Just a friendly reminder.

aliceindisneyland
07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Is this a new rule or just recently being enforced? We have lots of photos of POTC from visits over last 2 yrs but heard the warning for the 1st time last week (we weren't the offenders lol!)
So we'll be good from now on ;)

pixiewings71
07-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Is this a new rule or just recently being enforced? We have lots of photos of POTC from visits over last 2 yrs but heard the warning for the 1st time last week (we weren't the offenders lol!)
So we'll be good from now on ;)

Definitely NOT a new rule, one that needs to be enforced IMO. I've decided that what they should do with these offenders is to simply let the ride continue thru, remove the offenders from the ride and let everyone else ride it again.

Gisele
07-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Definitely NOT a new rule, one that needs to be enforced IMO. I've decided that what they should do with these offenders is to simply let the ride continue thru, remove the offenders from the ride and let everyone else ride it again.

I agree, and I like your thinking.

Gisele
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Ah.... but another gentle reminder for those that might not be in the know...... coming to you from the pirates of the Caribbeano and Madame Leota......

BudKing
01-11-2010, 02:00 AM
I`ve almost gotten in a fight with someone taking pictures
One of the worst things people do in the park

iKristin
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Yeah when I went this past October there were two annoying teenagers in front of me on Space Mountain that kept taking flash photos...yes on SPACE MOUNTAIN. They were turning the camera around and taking photos of themselves together during the entire ride so I was blinded and didn't get to even see a part of the Ghost Galaxy stuff. I almost reached up and threw their camera over board.

DisneySuiteFreak
01-12-2010, 06:26 AM
It frustrates me to no end. Without fail, every time a CM sees me with my DSLR on POTC, they make the announcement and have even told me directly that there is no flash photography. Hello? I have invested a lot of money in fast lenses to enable photos on the rides without flash. The last time I went on POTC, a CM again told me to my face no flash photography, and then they made the announcement a couple of times during the ride because these 4 people in the middle of the boat kept taking flash pictures - even as the announcements were being made.:headache: And they were not young people, they were middle aged mom and dads who simply didn't care or didn't know how to turn off their flash -- and didn't care.:sad2:

Gisele
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
It is never a good thing to be blinded by the lights, not to mention having ones ride experience dampened, especially by repeat offenders. They drive me out of my tree.

wendylady36
03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Gisele, I saw this on notalwaysright and thought of you!

Not The Breast Choice Of Words
Theme Park | Anaheim, CA, USA
Me: “Please keep all hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the boat, and remember, pirates, no flash pictures!”

Guest: *takes flash picture*

Me: “Ma’am, please refrain from taking flash photographs on the ride.”

Guest: “I didn’t take a flash picture!”

Me: “I’m sorry ma’am, but you did. Please turn your flash off or do not take pictures. It disturbs the other ride-goers.”

Guest: “I didn’t take a flash picture! My shirt is still on!”

Gisele
03-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I like that, it is funny. I just don't know why people cannot just get it and not be annoying with their cameras, phones, babbling throughout the ride, etc!

Belle Ella
07-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Wanted to bump this thread up. It's been forever since it's seen the light of day!!

Gisele
07-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Thank you for that! :) I am certain that there are other tales to tell and to be told too. So please everyone, tell away.....

Teki
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I have found a secret to avoiding that on pirates, sit in the front row. Last april my sister, and I rode pirates with my boyfriend and were sitting in the second row from the back, the couple behind us kepts taking pictures, after the first to flashes my sister politely said no flash pictures please im trying to see the ride. They ignored her and took several more, and I said to them, ok were you not listening at the begining of the ride no flash pictures. the guy looked me dead in the eye and said its not me...:eek: I reponded by saying, so I suppose it was one of the pirates? then they continued to take flash pictures. Having had our ride suffiently ruined I promised my sister I would do it again with her later on in the afternoon when we came back it was just us and there was a rody group of teens behind us. I asked the castmember if we could wait for front row, in an effort to not have to sit in the same boat as the teens. It was the best pirates ride Ive ever taken, Id never sat in the front before, and there were people takeing flash but it doesnt bother you unless its the row right behind becaue you cant see it. So thats my advice for pirates. For HM I have nothing other then take solice and laugh heartily as I do when they try and photograph the pepperage (sp?) Ghosts.

Teki
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM

I think its rude too, I cant stand it. For starters Ive never understood the need to record or photograph any of that sort of thing its all over youtube and google, if you cant get a good picture anyway why bother?

We had a lady at the Lion king show in las vegas thing that texting with the volume up on her phone as well as all its lcd glory was perfectly acceptable, she even argued with the man next to her when he said she was blinding, telling him its not blinding I backed him up cause it totally was >.<

I know that some cameras dont have view finders, but its still inconsiderate to do in a dark room.

Funball
07-06-2010, 11:15 AM
umm yes flash pictures bug the heck out of me also! i will not lie but there is times that i wanted to grab the peoples cameras and give them back after the ride..just the other day, was in turtle talk with crush, the guy specificly said no flash pictures, and the lady in the first row was snappin her camera off like the paparazzi with a flash..we all screamed at her "no flash"..do some people just not get it or what?

oh and yes, POTC or HM , ok come one what is with those rides that park riders feel they need to get that one "perfect" dark ride photo??? seriosuly, it ruins the ride if a flash bulb goes off every 5 min, and on HM i wished the cms would stop the ride and go to the buggy with the picture offender and take the camera away! i am all i favor of cameras being taken away! who else is with me? and on pirates, maybe one of the dinner guests from BB can pitch a dinner role at the repeat offenders! lol :)

pixiewings71
07-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Sometimes they don't want you in the very front...depending on how the boat is weighted. :) We've done that before tho, it's pretty awesome. Our favorite is when they put the DD's in the front and DBF and I in the second row. :)

BarbieGal457
07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure if this will help, but I take my pictures with my camera set on the "Sports" setting. It takes the picture very quickly, and even in dimly lit/dark rides and without my flash, they still come out pretty nice! They aren't anywhere near as amazing as a lot of the DSLR pictures on here, but they still are pretty and taken without disturbing any ride elements/guests around me!

Kittyskyfish
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Ah, I love this thread! :lovestruc

Here's how I handled a flash-happy passenger on POTC:

DH and I were sitting in the back row and a person in front of us was using the flash in the BB bayou, at the cabin, before the skull/crossbones drop....pretty much every 5 seconds! A CM announced "no flash photography" but they kept on doing it.

So here's what I did:

I pulled out my water bottle and waited for the dark drop. As we we went down, I 'tossed' a handful of water up into the air and it dropped on them as we hit the bottom! It was enough to sprinkle them with water and they quickly protected their camera from further moisture by putting it away! (and they didn't know it came from lil' ol' me!)

*aw snap* My bad. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

pixiewings71
07-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure if this will help, but I take my pictures with my camera set on the "Sports" setting. It takes the picture very quickly, and even in dimly lit/dark rides and without my flash, they still come out pretty nice! They aren't anywhere near as amazing as a lot of the DSLR pictures on here, but they still are pretty and taken without disturbing any ride elements/guests around me!

That is a great idea!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Ah, I love this thread! :lovestruc

Here's how I handled a flash-happy passenger on POTC:

DH and I were sitting in the back row and a person in front of us was using the flash in the BB bayou, at the cabin, before the skull/crossbones drop....pretty much every 5 seconds! A CM announced "no flash photography" but they kept on doing it.

So here's what I did:

I pulled out my water bottle and waited for the dark drop. As we we went down, I 'tossed' a handful of water up into the air and it dropped on them as we hit the bottom! It was enough to sprinkle them with water and they quickly protected their camera from further moisture by putting it away! (and they didn't know it came from lil' ol' me!)

*aw snap* My bad. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

I think I love you :) :love::thumbsup2

Funball
07-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Rfllol that is funny!! Wow! That is awesome!!

Gisele
07-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Times past, I was fortunate enough so as to ride in the first boat, because I had complained about people taking flash pictures and that it was to the point of my ride experience being dampened, to say the least. Another time, it entailed that and the people sitting on the row two rows back, in same boat, just had to flash, flash, and not take kindly to my simple statement that flash pictures are not allowed, actually. I said it perfectly nicely, (Yes I did! ) but the guys wife had to chime in, and the next thing you know, my visit did not go so smoothly. All the while, her mouth is running, and their young son is sitting right in the middle of mommy's mouth drama. Geese! I was not sure whether or not she was going to beat the begeezus out of me when the ride was over. Which is the reason why I waited to see what she was going to do, when she and her family began to depart from the boat. I just sat there, looking at them, so as to keep an eye on them, while looking around for cast members, preferably security, just in case. Anyway... so I complained about them, and was able to ride again, and in the front boat, oh how I so do love the lead boat.
It is easier not to be annoyed by others taking flash, or wearing blinking things, etc. when they are not directly behind you, nor anywhere close enough for that matter.

Kittyskyfish
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Times past, I was fortunate enough so as to ride in the first boat, because I had complained about people taking flash pictures and that it was to the point of my ride experience being dampened, to say the least. Another time, it entailed that and the people sitting on the row two rows back, in same boat, just had to flash, flash, and not take kindly to my simple statement that flash pictures are not allowed, actually. I said it perfectly nicely, (Yes I did! ) but the guys wife had to chime in, and the next thing you know, my visit did not go so smoothly. All the while, her mouth is running, and their young son is sitting right in the middle of mommy's mouth drama. Geese! I was not sure whether or not she was going to beat the begeezus out of me when the ride was over. Which is the reason why I waited to see what she was going to do, when she and her family began to depart from the boat. I just sat there, looking at them, so as to keep an eye on them, while looking around for cast members, preferably security, just in case. Anyway... so I complained about them, and was able to ride again, and in the front boat, oh how I so do love the lead boat.
It is easier not to be annoyed by others taking flash, or wearing blinking things, etc. when they are not directly behind you, nor anywhere close enough for that matter.

I think I know they guy who kept taking flash pictures! His picture is posted at my school's neuroscience lab:

http://kaanyucel.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/homer_simpson_xray2.jpg

pixiewings71
07-15-2010, 02:13 AM
I think I know they guy who kept taking flash pictures! His picture is posted at my school's neuroscience lab:

http://kaanyucel.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/homer_simpson_xray2.jpg

It's pretty much official...I love you....LOL You are cracking me up on this thread! :) :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

Kittyskyfish
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
It's pretty much official...I love you....LOL You are cracking me up on this thread! :) :lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks! Sometimes it's easier to pity these camera flashers when you know they have to go through life with the brain they were dealt. D'oh! :thumbsup2

pixiewings71
07-15-2010, 01:16 PM
:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks! Sometimes it's easier to pity these camera flashers when you know they have to go through life with the brain they were dealt. D'oh! :thumbsup2

True, very true.....sometimes it's easy to forget how smrt they really are..... :rotfl2:

Gisele
07-18-2010, 09:24 PM
yes....smart @#$

Belle Ella
08-28-2010, 01:22 PM
It's been too long! This thread is in need of a bump!

The Orchid
08-28-2010, 02:34 PM
I take pictures on dark rides without the flash. I don't like the way photos look with a flash so I never use it for any reason. That aside, I honestly don't mind if people use a flash or take video unless they are snapping pictures non stop. If they snap a half a dozen pictures, I don't care. They want to remember their experience. For some people, Disneyland may be a once in a lifetime trip and they want to hold on to everything they do. I can understand that. I would be annoyed if they took dozens of pictures, of course, but a few...I don't honestly care. I'm lucky in that I get to go every year, but many people don't and I really can understand what would make them want the pictures.

Unless people are REALLY acting badly (talking loudly, smoking, letting their kids stand and carry on in the boat), I am uncomfortable if somebody else on the boat starts to "police" other people. I just don't see the need to chew somebody out because their flash went off. Oftentimes, a person will say, "flash photography isn't allowed" which, of course, is true. But then the person who was just policed gets angry and says something snarky and then you have a "situation" on the boat. A hostile situation on the boat is, by far, the most disruptive circumstance. It's hard to have a "magical" time when people around you are being snarky or when one passenger feels the need to embarrass or humiliate another passenger. I would take a few flashes a hundred times over verbal fights and snarkiness. THAT sucks the magic dry in a hurry.

Belle Ella
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to others. There are ways to remember your experience without (a) ruining the quality of the ride - it's dark for a reasn - or (b) causing pain and discomfort because flash photos in the dark after your eyes have already adjusted is very painful for some people. The best thing to do is just do as instructed and not take flash photos.

The Orchid
08-28-2010, 10:38 PM
It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to others. There are ways to remember your experience without (a) ruining the quality of the ride - it's dark for a reasn - or (b) causing pain and discomfort because flash photos in the dark after your eyes have already adjusted is very painful for some people. The best thing to do is just do as instructed and not take flash photos.

Don't worry, as I stated, *I* do not take flash pictures on ride. I don't like how flash looks on virtually any picture. My sincerest apologies if my opinion offends you. Just remember, it is just that. An opinion. I said that it doesn't bother me. I did not at any point in my post say that people should take flash pictures...simply that it doesn't bother me when people do. It's one of those little things in life to me and I just don't care. As I said, I would much prefer to ignore the little inconveniences than to create a scene that would make other people uncomfortable. It's simply not worth it. I don't enjoy hostile environments, especially at Disneyland. I've been on rides where people felt the need to get into it over stupid things like a flash going off and all it accomplishes is to ruin the ride for everybody. But again, that is simply one person's opinion. I can assure all who hate flash photography that I won't be adding to the problem. I simply won't be applauding if you chose to chew somebody on the ride out if their flash goes off.

Belle Ella
08-29-2010, 02:00 PM
I didn't say your opinion offends me, I'm not quite sure where you got that from, and I understand that we all have our own opinions. Believe me, I don't like making a scene either so I agree woth you there to a point. I'm sure some people make a huge fuss about the flash photography just to be rude just as I'm sure there are some people out there who purposefully take photos with flash not because they want the memory but to irk other people (not saying they are in the majority, but I'm sure they are out there). It's just that in my experience the situation is turned hostile by the 'offenders' (for lack of a better word) than those of us who speak up for ourselves and remind them not to use flash when it does bother us. Because for me and others it's not about wanting to chew someone out but because it really does effect how we view the ride and for me it really, really, really hurts my eyes and leaves me with a bad headache afterwards. I don't understand why everyone can't follow common courtesy and do as directed, because you are specifically told no flash pictures - heck, even the ride says it in the case of POTC (which this happens to me the most on) and the Haunted Mansion. I spoke up once and the girl in front of me I said it to qiote literally turned around and flashed her camer directly in my face - what she did was completely uncalled for and I wouldn't apologize to her or to anyone else for the reminder that we are on a ride in the dark and not the appropriate place for flash photography.

What grates me the most is that it's a rule with no consequence and so it feels almost as though we're told by a lot of people to just deal with it. Well, why can't people just 'deal' with not using their flash at all? It seems every single time I go it just gets worse and worse with more flash photogrpahy going on than before.

The Orchid
08-29-2010, 03:04 PM
I understand what you are saying completely. I have very sensitive ears and when people scream it really hurts them a lot. I HATE people who go on rides and scream just for giggles. I mean I really dislike that. There is absolutely no point in doing it other than to make other people uncomfortable. But as is true with those who take flash pictures, if you say something to them, you risk a nasty, hostile reaction. People in this day and age are very self-focused and I've seen more than one verbal fight break out when one person reminds another person of the rules. There was one case when two people who were in our Splash Mountain Log started in on each other (one was using the flash and the other said something about it) and they started yelling at each other which ruined it completely for us. Those two actually were still yelling at each other when they got off the ride and were in front of the Pooh store. Security had to come and break it up. It took two years before I could ride that without thinking of that unpleasant incident.

Another reason I prefer to just say nothing is because one time I DID say something. Some idiot was smoking a cigar while walking down the street next to the Muppet attraction. I told him that smoking wasn't allowed and I thought he was going to slit my throat. So at that point, I decided that the only time I am going to say something to somebody is when I am 100% prepared for a conflict. I can only think of one case when I felt that way and that was when a woman cut in front of me and my kid while we were waiting in line to see a character. But that is a story for another thread. Ugh.

Honestly, people scare me. When you go up to somebody and lecture them about the rules, you run the risk of getting cussed out at best and physically knocked around at worst. I find that no matter how gently somebody tell somebody else what the rules are, it almost always produces an aggressive reaction. So I have learned to just ignore the little things. I hate the screamers, but I know that they only show up on a few rides on any given trip so I just close it out, take something for the headache, and get back in line so I can ride again and enjoy it. No, it's not right that it has to be that way, but there is nothing I can do to stop the screamers and I'm sorry to say, there is nothing you can do to stop all the flash photography. I find it easier to admit defeat on these kinds of issues and learn to deal with it without letting my anger and resentment get the better of me. There's nothing to ruin a ride more than sitting there simmering through the whole thing. That's all I meant by my post. And to some degree, I do find that it helps to try and think of reasons why people engage in behavior that is offensive. Sometimes when you try to figure out reasons for such things, it takes some of the resentment away a little and it makes life easier. But that is just my opinion.

Belle Ella
08-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh man, totally OT, but all that comes to mind about the whole reminding people of the rules and getting aggression back was this one time I was driving home and had the right of way to turn onto my street and some idiot at a stop sign decides to gun it for the road I had to cross. I have enver been so close to an accident in my life and I honked my horn and yelled inside my car more out of surprise and fear. The next thing I know I'm parked across the stree from my house and the same guy followed me home, got out of his car, and was screaming bloody murder at me. I don't think I;ve ever been so scared in my life. Never would have happened if (a) guy didn't feel like he woened the road, (b) guy didn't have anger issues, and (c) people followed the rules of the road. I agree with you 100% about how people nowadays are totally centered around themselves. Not everybody, obviously, but it's always 'me' who comes first and if 'I' want to do this, screw what anybody else thinks.

I wish the whole flash photography thing doesn't bother me as much as it does. I have those other pet peeves around the Parks as well (the screaming for not reason other than screaming, etc.) that I overlook as well, but for me flash photography isn't a small pet peeve, it's a big one. Maybe I'll blame the genius who took a flash photo of the Blue Bayou while I was eating my lunch by myself and I was situated directly across from where the boat was at a waterside table. Maybe I've been holding a hugr gruge since then, lol.

But I guess this is why I like keeping this thread bumped - what is the saying ... "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"? Something like that. The more people who know not to do it for any reason (cruddy photos, against the rules, painful on eyes, etc.) before, the better.

The Orchid
08-29-2010, 05:19 PM
OMG That is scary! :scared1: What is WRONG with people these days? I'm glad you got out of that ok. That is just awful. I don't understand why people have such bad tempers that they have to stalk somebody over a mild traffic issue....but they do. You hear of this all the time and unfortunately sometimes the outcome is far worse. I'm glad the idiot didn't have a gun. That is just terrible. Did he know that you were at your home?

Anyway, the one thing that I wish people knew about flash photography is that it really is a waste of their time. Pictures look awful when flooded with a flash. But it's more than that. The dark ride attractions are meant to be seen in low light. When they are lit up, there goes the magic. I've been on dark rides that have broken down and they turn on all the lights so get people off and omg, it really isn't very nice like that! I would imagine that the flash would suck the magic out of the experience. My camera takes decent pictures in the dark and it wasn't even that expensive (canon sx20). People would be far better off just getting a decent camera and turning the flash off.

pixiewings71
08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
I don't think most people use the flash out of spite but because they simply have no clue how to use their cameras. BUT when I got my new camera and wasn't sure of the settings I simply did NOT take photos when the flash would go off. And I personally have been reduced to a migraine so bad I was reduced to tears BEFORE PotC was over, I was hiding my face in DBF's chest, he was trying to shield ANY light from getting in and I was crying before the ride was over. It was HORRIBLE and no one should have to worry about that while at DL because someone doesn't know how to use their camera. I understand people want to remember their trip, I have NO problem with that at all, take all the photos you want but please learn how to turn your flash off so you don't inadvertently make someone else's trip/day horrible. DBF kept asking the to stop using their flash and they just kept doing it, it was ridiculous and rude and they laughed as they got off the boat, while DBF helped me off in so much pain I could hardly walk.....

Gisele
08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
That is just rude........ of those obnoxious guests flashing away.... then laughing about it by the end of the ride. That is just so low class! I hope that you told the CM about it. And that they allowed you to ride again, right then and there, and in the lead boat!

Funball
08-31-2010, 11:47 AM
That is just rude........ of those obnoxious guests flashing away.... then laughing about it by the end of the ride. That is just so low class! I hope that you told the CM about it. And that they allowed you to ride again, right then and there, and in the lead boat!

i do not like people like that. and oh then when you mention it to them they act like that dont' understand english...:scared1:

pixiewings71
08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
We did, we had to because I needed a quiet dark cold place right away to rest. Unfortunately there wasn't anything they could do and DBF had to walk me to the First Aid Station in the bright sun which made it worse. The offenders were gone before DBF could point them out, I think he saw us talking to the CM's and they took off. I spent the next few hours in the FAC crying while DBF got us FPs for rides. :) The CM's at PotC did offer to send us thru again but it wouldn't have done any good, I would have cried the whole time. Luckily this was a no kids trip and when I finally was able to leave the FAC the nurses there had a front of the line pass for us to use, that was pretty cool, we used it more than once because a few CM's just gave it back to us. :) Especially after they heard why we got it. :) I wasn't able to do any coasters for the rest of that day, it was all things like Pirates (which we told the CM what happened and he made sure we got the front row), HM, BLAB, etc etc. We had fun that day but that few hours was really horrible for me. :( I can't remember how long I was in there, DBF was in and out with me but it felt like forever. lol

Funball
08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
next time i see a camear flash go off in POTC i will throw that camera in to the water.. just a warning for all ya'll!!

The Orchid
08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
I think that people tend to respond better when they feel that a request by another person is made because the other person needs help and not because the other person is trying to order them around. For example, I think a person may respond well to, "Excuse me, but I have a TERRIBLE migraine and the flash is hurting my head really bad...would you mind terribly turning the flash off please?" But they may respond like jerks if you say in an authoritative voice, "Camera's are not allowed on dark rides." I'm not saying it is right, but people tend to go on the defensive when something is put to them in an authoritative manner by somebody they do not see as having any right to dictate rules to them. Honestly, if somebody were to tell me something in an authoritative manner, I would probably feel hostile as well, especially if I was unaware of the rule. I find that you catch more bees with honey and that being nice and appealing to a person's better nature is far more effective than telling them what they should do.

I think that you guys should do your best to keep this bumped so more people see it. Frankly, I have found the thread to be educating. I never realized that flashes bothered people or caused migraines before. They don't bother me, and I never realized that something like that could cause real health issues for some people. I would guess that many people are not aware of this fact. Like I said before, I don't use flash, but I've never been bothered by people who do. I've gone to hundreds of concerts and people always take flash pictures (even though I frequently try to tell people that their pics will look MUCH better without the flash, but nobody ever believes me :sad2:). Maybe I'm just used to it after all these years. But it really is sad that some people's days are ruined by the flashes.

It's too bad that Disney doesn't enforce the rules. But then they really don't enforce many rules. I have seen people smoking and walking right by CMs and the CMs do nothing about it. Drive me nuts! Same with heely's. They aren't allowed, but I've seen many kids put themselves or others in danger because they are flying low in a populated area. Sometimes CMs tell them they are not allowed, but other times I've seen CMs walk right by and do nothing.

Funball
08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Are you joking? They do not respond to “excuse me can you not use to your camera flash I have a migraine”..no . tey just keep doing it…

Gisele
08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I too love to loath those offenders that feign not being able to understand english, when you both know that they can perfectly fine.

Funball
08-31-2010, 05:38 PM
WELL i can ask them in spanish or some other language if they prefer.. either way i will tell them to put the camera away or its going in the water!

pixiewings71
08-31-2010, 07:42 PM
I think that people tend to respond better when they feel that a request by another person is made because the other person needs help and not because the other person is trying to order them around. For example, I think a person may respond well to, "Excuse me, but I have a TERRIBLE migraine and the flash is hurting my head really bad...would you mind terribly turning the flash off please?" But they may respond like jerks if you say in an authoritative voice, "Camera's are not allowed on dark rides." I'm not saying it is right, but people tend to go on the defensive when something is put to them in an authoritative manner by somebody they do not see as having any right to dictate rules to them. Honestly, if somebody were to tell me something in an authoritative manner, I would probably feel hostile as well, especially if I was unaware of the rule. I find that you catch more bees with honey and that being nice and appealing to a person's better nature is far more effective than telling them what they should do.

I think that you guys should do your best to keep this bumped so more people see it. Frankly, I have found the thread to be educating. I never realized that flashes bothered people or caused migraines before. They don't bother me, and I never realized that something like that could cause real health issues for some people. I would guess that many people are not aware of this fact. Like I said before, I don't use flash, but I've never been bothered by people who do. I've gone to hundreds of concerts and people always take flash pictures (even though I frequently try to tell people that their pics will look MUCH better without the flash, but nobody ever believes me :sad2:). Maybe I'm just used to it after all these years. But it really is sad that some people's days are ruined by the flashes.

It's too bad that Disney doesn't enforce the rules. But then they really don't enforce many rules. I have seen people smoking and walking right by CMs and the CMs do nothing about it. Drive me nuts! Same with heely's. They aren't allowed, but I've seen many kids put themselves or others in danger because they are flying low in a populated area. Sometimes CMs tell them they are not allowed, but other times I've seen CMs walk right by and do nothing.

Ok the first time they did it I said politely "no flash photos please" with a big smile as I turned around and faced them. I was very nice, I was very polite. I was non-confrontational. The first flash took place where they all do of course, in the Bayou. I knew it could be a problem for me, I had other indicators that I could get a migraine and I went to DL anyway, we were on vacation and I didn't feel like hiding in my hotel room, at that point my head wasn't hurting, I just had other indicators that it could happen, not that it would for sure. When they continued to take flash photos I looked at DBF and said "oh honey, this ride won't end well for me" I tried to anticipate and close and cover my eyes but it didn't work, it seemed like every time I tried to cover myself they got louder and more apt to use the flash. By the time we were in the scene with the gold room my head was hurting a lot, at that point I didn't know whether I should cover my eyes or my ears as both points of "contact" were causing me pain, the shrieking and the flashing were both contributing to the pain in my head, which was steadily getting worse. At that point DBF grabbed my face, put it in his chest and said to them "My GF is getting a migraine from the flashing of your camera, can you please put it away so she can feel better?" at which point they said something rude (but in another language so we have no idea what it was, it was something you could tell was rude from the way they said it, you know, the tone, the manner, the hand gesture that accompanied it) and they STILL took MORE and MORE flash photos and screamed and yelled and shrieked as loud as they could. I was crying by the burning town scene and they could have cared less and yes, I'm sure they saw me crying, I was trying to enjoy the ride, was wiping my eyes and looking around and then BAM another flash and another blinding pain with a round of tears, tears that I have problems controlling when I have migraines that bad. So yes, we were polite but by the time we got off the ride and I was in such pain I could hardly stand to get OFF the boat we were done being nice...well DBF was done being nice, I was just being at that point. I was barely coherent by then and without DBF there I'm not quite sure what I would have done. the pain was extreme by that point.

yes, bright lights in an otherwise dark place can cause migraines, as can flashing lights, certain smells, certain jerking around motions and there are quite a few other triggers for me as well. :) I've gone to DL plenty of times with the knowledge that I could get a migraine but that was the only time I've ever been hit with one, and honestly it was one of the worst I've ever had, and I've had migraines for 20+ years. :) Also keep in mind that this was only 1 time out of 20+ visits to DL in 2 years that gave me a migraine. I am aware that it's rare to have flash bring on a migraine but it did happen to me so I am also aware that it can and will happen. I'm glad you don't use your flash Orchid, I wish others were as aware of the "rules" as you were. :) :)

Are you joking? They do not respond to “excuse me can you not use to your camera flash I have a migraine”..no . tey just keep doing it…

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 yup, kept right on doing it. DBF almost did grab their camera, he was going to take it and give it back after the ride but I was aware enough to know that if he did there would be a fight, probably ON the boat and that would have really sucked for my migraine so I convinced him not to do that. lol

The Orchid
08-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Pixie, that sounds absolutely horrible. I'm so glad I don't know what you are going through, it sounds like pure hell. I've known a few people who get them and I know that a lot of things trigger them. A friend of mine said that certain foods will actually trigger hers. I think she said cheddar cheese and chocolate and cola were all bad for her. I HATE headaches and I never even get very bad ones. Even a little headache makes me cranky and miserable. I can take just about any pain as long as it isn't in my head. I cannot even imagine what you must go through. I wish there was some easy answer. I can imagine the desire to take the camera and toss it into the water. Unfortunately, the one doing the camera tossing would be the one escorted out of the park and not the one breaking the rules in the first place. It's very unfair. I sincerely hope you never have to go through that again. This may sound like a really stupid question, but can you take sun glasses with you for protection if somebody starts the incessant flashing? Do you think that would help? You may not get much out of the ride with sunglasses on, but at least maybe you could be spared the extreme pain?

pixiewings71
08-31-2010, 09:22 PM
I always have sunglasses on my person, no matter the weather, no matter the time of day I always have them. But unfortunately in that situation it would not have helped because they were intermittent flashes and not a steady light. There was also the shrieking and screaming occurring behind me and that can't be helped by sunglasses. LOL :) I also can't ride Space Mtn every trip because the motion and the lights could be a migraine trigger, luckily they haven't been but the combination of the two can do it. Luckily I don't have many food triggers, I know a lot of people have them and they are generally cheese, chocolate and wine but I'm grateful that I can ingest all of those items (because they are my favorites) with little problems, now if I drink too much wine.....LOL But that's not a migraine, it's a hangover. LOL :)

That was how I convinced DBF to not make any more moves towards them, they were already behaving in a rude and confrontational way (even tho we were not) and I could just see us losing our brand new AP's (we had just activated them that week, we were there for DBF's bday) and not being able to come back ever. He didn't much like that idea so I just suffered thru it. Oh and he didn't want to toss it in the water, he just wanted to take it from them until the end of the ride, he was planning to hand it back when we got off. I just knew that wasn't going to go well, not with his temper and not with their nasty attitudes. Luckily if I'm crying he normally gives me what I want, well unless we are fighting. ;)

I'm glad you don't get migraines, they are absolutely horrible to deal with.

Funball
09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
just a warning if you are on POTC with me or any other ride, if i see your camera go off, i will take it. besides i need a new camera anyway!!

Gisele
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I need a camera period. So please funball snag a camera for me too, while your at it. :)
Peerrty please .......

Master Mason
09-06-2010, 10:04 PM
just a warning if you are on POTC with me or any other ride, if i see your camera go off, i will take it. besides i need a new camera anyway!!

First off, I totally agree about no flash pictures and have spent large amounts of money to be able to take pictures on dark rides without them.

But this statement is simply rediculious. You're not going to take anyone's camera so why make such a statement.

ETA; what I wish would happen is that Disney started escorting a few of the offenders out of the park. Word would spread pretty quickly that it's not allowed. And I really don't care if mom get's kicked out infront of her kids. Good learning experience for them.

Gisele
09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I most profusely support the previous sentiment! I would still love to see someone though, throw the offenders camera et al overboard. With perhaps said offender going into the water as well. One can fantasize.

The Orchid
09-08-2010, 05:57 AM
I most profusely support the previous sentiment! I would still love to see someone though, throw the offenders camera et al overboard. With perhaps said offender going into the water as well. One can fantasize.

I agree! It would be particularly satisfying to see a rude, offensive, loud, obnoxious guest start a fight with a rude, offensive, loud, obnoxious flash photographer and watch the non flasher throw the flasher's camera into the water. Then you could sit back and watch both jerks be escorted out of the park! :rotfl: I'd hate to see a nice person get thrown out for losing it, so for this scenario to be perfect, the camera thrower has to be as bad as the flasher! ;)

The Orchid
09-08-2010, 07:44 AM
First off, I totally agree about no flash pictures and have spent large amounts of money to be able to take pictures on dark rides without them.

But this statement is simply rediculious. You're not going to take anyone's camera so why make such a statement.

ETA; what I wish would happen is that Disney started escorting a few of the offenders out of the park. Word would spread pretty quickly that it's not allowed. And I really don't care if mom get's kicked out infront of her kids. Good learning experience for them.

She's just venting frustration. No harm in that!

I don't think I would want to see them kick anybody out of the park for minor violations. They would end up kicking a third of their guests out. Think about how many people break the rule! Besides the flash photographers, you're not permitted to take in professional cameras (though many people do!), you have people who smoke in areas that aren't allowed (I'd like to personally kick them out), people who sneak certain foods or beverages in, kids in heelys, people wearing shirts with offensive words or people who use offensive language. I read the DLR rules the other day and was surprised that I break a rule every single time I go. We take a bag into the park to keep medical supplies and we use zip ties to secure it to the wheelchair. I was shocked to find that it is against the rules to take those zip ties in. I'll continue to do it because it is the best way to assure that nobody takes the bag when we are on rides and honestly, CMs check my bag every single time we go into the park and they see the zip ties and say nothing. But really, it's amazing how easy it is to break a rule and not even know you are doing so. So it's really not practical to kick people out for every little violation. They'd be sending a third of the guests home every day and that would result in very bad press and far fewer guests to spend money at DLR.

I think that many people don't realize that flash is against the rules, nor do many people realize that flash really bothers other people. It doesn't bother me at all and I had no idea that it caused so much grief to people. It would be a shame to kick people out for something like that. If DLR were smart, however, they would take violators' cameras for the day and check them. Sometimes concert venues do this. If somebody gets caught using flash photography, the camera is taken and security checks it and the offender can pick up his or her camera on the way out. It's AMAZING how fast people put those cameras away when they realize that cameras are being taken! If DLR did this, I think word would spread in a hurry and people would knock it off with the flash. It's a very simple solution to the problem. A few strategically posted signs letting people know they are in danger of losing their camera for the day and the problem is solved.

Master Mason
09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
She's just venting frustration. No harm in that!

I don't think I would want to see them kick anybody out of the park for minor violations. They would end up kicking a third of their guests out. Think about how many people break the rule! Besides the flash photographers, you're not permitted to take in professional cameras (though many people do!), you have people who smoke in areas that aren't allowed (I'd like to personally kick them out), people who sneak certain foods or beverages in, kids in heelys, people wearing shirts with offensive words or people who use offensive language. I read the DLR rules the other day and was surprised that I break a rule every single time I go. We take a bag into the park to keep medical supplies and we use zip ties to secure it to the wheelchair. I was shocked to find that it is against the rules to take those zip ties in. I'll continue to do it because it is the best way to assure that nobody takes the bag when we are on rides and honestly, CMs check my bag every single time we go into the park and they see the zip ties and say nothing. But really, it's amazing how easy it is to break a rule and not even know you are doing so. So it's really not practical to kick people out for every little violation. They'd be sending a third of the guests home every day and that would result in very bad press and far fewer guests to spend money at DLR.

I think that many people don't realize that flash is against the rules, nor do many people realize that flash really bothers other people. It doesn't bother me at all and I had no idea that it caused so much grief to people. It would be a shame to kick people out for something like that. If DLR were smart, however, they would take violators' cameras for the day and check them. Sometimes concert venues do this. If somebody gets caught using flash photography, the camera is taken and security checks it and the offender can pick up his or her camera on the way out. It's AMAZING how fast people put those cameras away when they realize that cameras are being taken! If DLR did this, I think word would spread in a hurry and people would knock it off with the flash. It's a very simple solution to the problem. A few strategically posted signs letting people know they are in danger of losing their camera for the day and the problem is solved.

A couple of things, The announce before you leave the loading station on every single dark ride that flash photography is not allowed, and then at times they tell it again to people over the loud speaker. If you don't know that Flash photography is not allowed, then they had better be deaf, because there is no other excuse. So no I would have no sympathy for someone getting kicked out for taking flash pictures.

Second, the no professional equipement thing is completely arbitrary, they have no standard against which to enforce that rule, I spent over an hour sitting in the office in town hall one time while the supervisor tried to explain why one camera was "profesional" and the other wasn't, the problem with it, was he had no clue what constituted "profesional" equipment and what didn't. By the end he had admitted it, and also admitted that the rule is simply arbitrary, it is also worthless, because, the majority of people that have "professional" equipment, aren't professionals. They are people like me that bought the best stuff they could afford, inorder to take those non flash pictures on dark rides.

What really through him for a loop was when I showed him that the little camera he had, had much more zooming than the great big 70-200 lens that I was carrying.

And as a side note, look at the rules on Strollers next time you look at the rules you'll be shocked.

The Orchid
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
A couple of things, The announce before you leave the loading station on every single dark ride that flash photography is not allowed, and then at times they tell it again to people over the loud speaker. If you don't know that Flash photography is not allowed, then they had better be deaf, because there is no other excuse. So no I would have no sympathy for someone getting kicked out for taking flash pictures.

Second, the no professional equipement thing is completely arbitrary, they have no standard against which to enforce that rule, I spent over an hour sitting in the office in town hall one time while the supervisor tried to explain why one camera was "profesional" and the other wasn't, the problem with it, was he had no clue what constituted "profesional" equipment and what didn't. By the end he had admitted it, and also admitted that the rule is simply arbitrary, it is also worthless, because, the majority of people that have "professional" equipment, aren't professionals. They are people like me that bought the best stuff they could afford, inorder to take those non flash pictures on dark rides.

What really through him for a loop was when I showed him that the little camera he had, had much more zooming than the great big 70-200 lens that I was carrying.

And as a side note, look at the rules on Strollers next time you look at the rules you'll be shocked.

We're obviously going to disagree on this. I believe that when trying to change behavior issues, the best way to go about it is to find a discipline action that changes the behavior with the least amount of consequence. To do otherwise is punishment/revenge. This is why I like the idea of posting signs (and following through which DLR unfortunately NEVER does for any of their rules) stating that people using flash will have their cameras checked. I truly believe that would solve most of the problem. Some people might try to sneak a picture in here and there, but the ones that are snapping pictures nonstop will not likely do it. I just don't agree with kicking somebody out of the park for such a minor violation. It doesn't just ruin the vacation for the violator, by the way. The family also suffers.

My daughter's flash once went off accidentally. It was a new camera and she messed up and the flash went off. She was embarrassed and put the camera away until after we got off the ride, then we figured out where her mistake was and it didn't happen again. Seriously, would you kick an 18 year old kid out of the park because her freaking flash accidentally went off?

As for strollers, people violate those rules all the time! They get away with taking strollers in the park that are too big. They put their kids in the strollers on the tram after it starts moving. :scared1: They use the things as weapons to mow down anything or anybody in their paths. DLR never kicks them out of the park for it. There are tons of unenforced rules.

The one I hate the most is heelys. They seem to be less popular these days. At least I didn't see any last November. But in the past, I've had a lot of problems with terrors in heelys running into people. One year my mother had just gotten knee replacement surgery and some demon spawn was flying towards her at a high speed. I stepped between my mother and the demon spawn just on time to prevent him from mowing her down. The kid went airborne and landed hard, to which the parents pitched a fit. I asked them if I should have let the demon spawn run my mother over and they said, "Yes, nothing justifies hurting a child." I didn't hurt the demon spawn, by the way. I merely stood between the demon spawn and my mother. He would have crashed had he run her over, just as he did when he ran into me. Only difference is that I was strong enough to not be run over; my mother wasn't!

The problem with DLR is that they have a big list of rules, but they do not have any consequence listed for violation of the rules. People break rules that aren't enforced. While it's relatively rare, some smokers don't even blush when they light up in line or standing next to an attraction. Other people wear trashy clothes and still others cuss like drunken sailors. I don't see the point in posting rules if they aren't enforced. That is the real problem here.

Master Mason
09-08-2010, 03:12 PM
one accidental flash, doesn't equal continually shooting even when told to stop over the loud speaker.

pixiewings71
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Actually Orchid, one of our members was in DL not too long ago, his DD was run into by a stroller pusher so badly that she needed stitches in her ankle......they DID kick the stroller pusher out because our member followed her and called for security, she was removed from the park. So it seems they are paying more attention to complaints. :)

As for your DD18's flash going off no I wouldn't want her kicked out for that, I've done that myself when I had a new camera. BUT I would want people who acted the way they did in my case removed from the parks, yes, the whole family should have been removed from the park, especially after we asked them to stop. :) A single offense shouldn't be punishable but the repeat offenders absolutely should be removed.

The Orchid
09-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Actually Orchid, one of our members was in DL not too long ago, his DD was run into by a stroller pusher so badly that she needed stitches in her ankle......they DID kick the stroller pusher out because our member followed her and called for security, she was removed from the park. So it seems they are paying more attention to complaints. :)

As for your DD18's flash going off no I wouldn't want her kicked out for that, I've done that myself when I had a new camera. BUT I would want people who acted the way they did in my case removed from the parks, yes, the whole family should have been removed from the park, especially after we asked them to stop. :) A single offense shouldn't be punishable but the repeat offenders absolutely should be removed.

That is AWFUL! Omg! See, I know people with strollers use them as weapons because I saw a thread on the other community board a few years ago where a few people admitted they did this. They got chewed up and spit out and then tried to back pedal when they realized that most people didn't think their behavior was cute. But they did admit to that kind of behavior which is MESSED UP! I'm glad that person got kicked out. But honestly, that is overt violence and I would hope that DLR would have a no tolerance policy to violence.

Also, that person who was harassing you with the camera was also very aggressive and absolutely should have been removed. Intentionally causing pain or harassing another guest absolutely should result in removal in my opinion. It's about intention. Accidents are one thing, but intentionally harming somebody is another thing entirely. If I had been on your boat and seen that happen, I would have jumped in on your behalf without hesitation. Aggressive people have no business at DLR.

I just cannot believe some people. To injure a child with a stroller is disgusting. I will never understand what makes people do things like that. None of us like it when there are big crowds, but to resort to injuring a child is incredibly pathetic. :sad2:

Gisele
09-09-2010, 12:30 AM
I agree with all of the above, and support these endorsements. :)

Funball
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I need a camera period. So please funball snag a camera for me too, while your at it. :)
Peerrty please .......

totally! i will have you in mind! ;)

thank you thank you.. and i didn't say i would throw the camera overboard did i ? i would take it for the rest of the ride and then give it back--but i did see once somoene grab someone else's camera and chuck it over the side.. :lmao:

I agree! It would be particularly satisfying to see a rude, offensive, loud, obnoxious guest start a fight with a rude, offensive, loud, obnoxious flash photographer and watch the non flasher throw the flasher's camera into the water. Then you could sit back and watch both jerks be escorted out of the park! :rotfl: I'd hate to see a nice person get thrown out for losing it, so for this scenario to be perfect, the camera thrower has to be as bad as the flasher! ;)

thanks orchid! i am bad;), but no flash don't mean jack to someone people . they still do it!!!!!!:scared1:

i know i totally heard about this!!! not good p-wings!!!:hug: im soo sorry!!! again the stroller pushers have no resepect either! and the camera flashers just don't plain listen. i am sorry that mason was offended by my statment, but you know we all can agreee to disagree. and thanks gusy for backin me up!! you all are the best! gisele you too! :hug:

Funball
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I agree with all of the above, and support these endorsements. :)

u rock!! HAAHAAAA:lmao:

Funball
09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
people who sneak certain foods or beverages in

ye orchid good point! omg, you know how many times i have heard friends(i dont hang with them anymore) tell me that they would sneak vodka in a water bottle cause it looks like water, and then they add it to there beverages in DL.. yeah stuff like that blows my mind..and again the flash photographers DO NOT LISTEN ! i have been on HM may times had the ride stopped becuase of exesive flash photography! did they stop? no..:scared1:

and p-wings gets headaches from it and it hurts my eyes.. :scared1:

pixiewings71
09-09-2010, 02:13 PM
That is AWFUL! Omg! See, I know people with strollers use them as weapons because I saw a thread on the other community board a few years ago where a few people admitted they did this. They got chewed up and spit out and then tried to back pedal when they realized that most people didn't think their behavior was cute. But they did admit to that kind of behavior which is MESSED UP! I'm glad that person got kicked out. But honestly, that is overt violence and I would hope that DLR would have a no tolerance policy to violence.

Also, that person who was harassing you with the camera was also very aggressive and absolutely should have been removed. Intentionally causing pain or harassing another guest absolutely should result in removal in my opinion. It's about intention. Accidents are one thing, but intentionally harming somebody is another thing entirely. If I had been on your boat and seen that happen, I would have jumped in on your behalf without hesitation. Aggressive people have no business at DLR.

I just cannot believe some people. To injure a child with a stroller is disgusting. I will never understand what makes people do things like that. None of us like it when there are big crowds, but to resort to injuring a child is incredibly pathetic. :sad2:

Well the child who was run into wasn't a "child" but she was Jack's child. LOL His kids are all adults but they still go to DLR as a family. :) And thank you for saying you would have jumped in on my behalf, I really appreciate that very much. We did have others on the boat giving me well wishes as we were all getting off, it did help me feel better but not quite enough. :) And on the way to First Aid we had quite a few CM's and others ask if I needed help, that was really nice to experience. :)

Funball
09-09-2010, 03:40 PM
SO the stitches were they mickey shaped?

pixiewings71
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL I don't know...you'd have to ask Jack. LOL

Master Mason
09-09-2010, 05:31 PM
i am sorry that mason was offended by my statment, but you know we all can agreee to disagree. and thanks gusy for backin me up!! you all are the best! gisele you too! :hug:

I wasn't offended, I just find it rediculious to make a threat you're not going to carry out. If you took someones camera away, you would be the one leaving the park with an escort, not the person flashing away. And that may or may not be after you get a trashing in the process.

Gisele
09-09-2010, 06:36 PM
That is kind of funny about Vodka. Plus, it does not appear on your breath either. That is why it is the choice of people that like to drink on a regular basis. It sure can get you drunk though all the same. When I drink it, I end up with a headache the next morning. Even though I only drink one or two Cosmo's. Eh.... go figure!

pixiewings71
09-09-2010, 06:57 PM
I wasn't offended, I just find it rediculious to make a threat you're not going to carry out. If you took someones camera away, you would be the one leaving the park with an escort, not the person flashing away. And that may or may not be after you get a trashing in the process.

I'm pretty sure that if someone thrashed me (even if I did something ridiculous like taking their camera) they would also be removed from the park. Just sayin.......

Gisele
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree P!

Funball
09-09-2010, 07:23 PM
That is kind of funny about Vodka. Plus, it does not appear on your breath either. That is why it is the choice of people that like to drink on a regular basis. It sure can get you drunk though all the same. When I drink it, I end up with a headache the next morning. Even though I only drink one or two Cosmo's. Eh.... go figure!

I'm pretty sure that if someone thrashed me (even if I did something ridiculous like taking their camera) they would also be removed from the park. Just sayin.......

just cause i SAY i am going to nab someone camera for not following rules and giving my poor twin p-wings a headache doesn't mean i really do it.. besides i have seem people toss other poeples camers into the waters of POTC for flashing camera photo taking.,.. its kinda funny actually....

and the vodka thing, yeah it doesn smell on your breath i guess..
mm cosmos... hey gisele you and i and the cove bar--next time you come down ok!? :hug:

ChickenCarlos
09-09-2010, 07:36 PM
i cant believe they put Vodka in a water bottles and bring it to the park, i never have any left by the time i leave the hotel room:rotfl2: Quit nursing that thing and slam it:thumbsup2

J/K.. if they want to drink why dont they just go to DCA or UVA???

Gisele
09-09-2010, 07:41 PM
just cause i SAY i am going to nab someone camera for not following rules and giving my poor twin p-wings a headache doesn't mean i really do it.. besides i have seem people toss other poeples camers into the waters of POTC for flashing camera photo taking.,.. its kinda funny actually....

and the vodka thing, yeah it doesn smell on your breath i guess..
mm cosmos... hey gisele you and i and the cove bar--next time you come down ok!? :hug:

Sounds like a great plan. If I have a boyfriend in tow, then we can all double date. Or that might be something that can be done on a seperate occasion. Because all too often guys just do understand conversations that women can have.

Gisele
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
i cant believe they put Vodka in a water bottles and bring it to the park, i never have any left by the time i leave the hotel room:rotfl2: Quit nursing that thing and slam it:thumbsup2

J/K.. if they want to drink why dont they just go to DCA or UVA???

I like that! Just slam it. Ha... that reminds me, once upon a time ago, in a land not so very far away from well me... ;) I gave Vodka with OJ a try... it was just too strong for me that way... so I kept on asking the bartender to please add more OJ, much to the horror of my drinking companions. Ha! :rotfl:

ChickenCarlos
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Because all too often guys just do understand conversations that women can have.

How are we supposed to understand, Quack,Quack,Quack, purse,Quack, Quack, Quack, make-up, Quack, Quack, Quack....:lmao:

ChickenCarlos
09-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I like that! Just slam it. Ha... that reminds me, once upon a time ago, in a land not so very far away from well me... ;) I gave Vodka with OJ a try... it was just too strong for me that way... so I kept on asking the bartender to please add more OJ, much to the horror of my drinking companions. Ha! :rotfl:

Whenever there is too much vodka in a screwdriver, a good way to make it a little less strong without looking like a lightweight is to ask them to add sprite, the bartender will be impressed and your friends will never be the wiser:thumbsup2

Master Mason
09-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Would depend on the trashing. If it was simply done retreaving their property, then I doubt it. I don't use flash, but I guarentee that someone grabbing my camera is going to suffer a broken finger or two when I retrieve it from them.

Master Mason
09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
just cause i SAY i am going to nab someone camera for not following rules and giving my poor twin p-wings a headache doesn't mean i really do it.. besides i have seem people toss other poeples camers into the waters of POTC for flashing camera photo taking.,.. its kinda funny actually....:

See, as I said, making the statement is rediculious because even you say you wouldn't follow through.

Funball
09-09-2010, 10:47 PM
How are we supposed to understand, Quake,Quake,Quake, purse, Quake, Quake, Quake, make-up, Quake, Quake, Quake....:lmao:

your sooooo not funny!

See, as I said, making the statement is rediculious because even you say you wouldn't follow through.

well see it doesn't matter what you said, becuase we all agree, other then you, that if by chance someones camera was to go overboard from to much flashy flashy in mine or p-wings or gisels eyes that we won't feel bad for doing it. so when you get a headache from to much the photo happy tousrists you let me know! :goodvibes

FlameGirl
09-09-2010, 11:52 PM
your sooooo not funny!

well see it doesn't matter what you said, becuase we all agree, other then you, that if by chance someones camera was to go overboard from to much flashy flashy in mine or p-wings or gisels eyes that we won't feel bad for doing it. so when you get a headache from to much the photo happy tousrists you let me know! :goodvibes

Well actually, flash photography on the ride is a violation of park policy. What you are suggesting (which I agree is also pointless...we all know you're not about to do this...) is a crime. So while I find the former to be annoying, I find the latter (hypothetical or not) reprehensible. So no, not everyone supports you on this. Sorry. :goodvibes

I do strongly empathize with Pixiewings and her migranes. Had them. Not fun.

Gisele
09-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Pardon my ignorance... however... what is quake? Is that like an earthquake? I am thinking not... but then since I do not believe I do know what you are referring to, then in actuality perhaps that is your meaning? Otherwise and all the same... yada yada yada... says the man. Any guy that does not make any sense to me, I don't care. So blah.... Nothing personal of course. If anything just a tiny vent.

ChickenCarlos
09-10-2010, 01:29 AM
QuackPardon my ignorance... however... what is quake? Is that like an earthquake? I am thinking not... but then since I do not believe QuackI do know what you are referring to, then in actuality perhaps that is your meaning?Quack Otherwise and all the same... yada yada yada... says the man.Quack Any guy that does not make any sense to me, I don't care. So blah.... Nothing personal of course. If anything just a tiny vent.Quack

I fixed it now.Quack,Quack,Quack

Teki
09-10-2010, 01:55 AM
On my last trip to DLR I came up with another place where flash pictures shouldnt be allowed. The Jungle cruise. I know I know outdoors right? Well at night its suuuper dark when you ride it and while the general effect of the ride is not ruined by the flash. If you are sitting in the middle across from me do not flash picture because I couldnt see any of the ride after hippos nor could I see for like 30 minutes after the ride because of the repeated flash pictures I swear that guys vacation photos were all extreme close ups of me making weird faces in front of lovely jungle scenery. :confused:

Funball
09-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Well actually, flash photography on the ride is a violation of park policy. What you are suggesting (which I agree is also pointless...we all know you're not about to do this...) is a crime. So while I find the former to be annoying, I find the latter (hypothetical or not) reprehensible. So no, not everyone supports you on this. Sorry. :goodvibes

I do strongly empathize with Pixiewings and her migranes. Had them. Not fun.

i might.. you never know! :goodvibes i know gisele would... she told me! RFLOL:scared1:

Funball
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
On my last trip to DLR I came up with another place where flash pictures shouldnt be allowed. The Jungle cruise. I know I know outdoors right? Well at night its suuuper dark when you ride it and while the general effect of the ride is not ruined by the flash. If you are sitting in the middle across from me do not flash picture because I couldnt see any of the ride after hippos nor could I see for like 30 minutes after the ride because of the repeated flash pictures I swear that guys vacation photos were all extreme close ups of me making weird faces in front of lovely jungle scenery. :confused:

could you see spots after the flash went off?? i feel for you!!!! i have had that!!.. its the happy flashy paparazi photo tourists..:scared1:

Funball
09-10-2010, 12:11 PM
i will be taking photos of matt on our trip so stay tuned but none of them will be on a ride!

Funball
09-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I fixed it now.Quack,Quack,Quack

you know carlos when guys speak this is all i hear

" girls, girls, girls, beer,girls,girls, my car, girls, girls, i got a phone number,girls,.."

HEE HEE HEE LOL :lmao:

skiingfast
09-10-2010, 02:46 PM

" girls, girls, girls, beer,girls,girls, my car, girls, girls, i got a phone number,girls,.."

You forgot sports in there.

Funball
09-10-2010, 02:58 PM
oooh ok ..

umm carlos and skiingfast you when dudes talk all I hear is
"girls, blah, blah , blah,sports, blah blah, beer,blah,my car, blah, blah,girls,blah,blah"

is that better?

skiingfast
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
oooh ok ..

umm carlos and skiingfast you when dudes talk all I hear is
"girls, blah, blah , blah,sports, blah blah, beer,blah,my car, blah, blah,girls,blah,blah"

is that better?

Yes, this is a perfect sample of every conversation I have had with other gentlemen. Thank you.

Funball
09-10-2010, 03:19 PM
haa haa haa haa i KNEW it!

oh flash photos.. hey skiingfast no flash photos on the rides when you go in 2 weeks ok !

pixiewings71
09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Would depend on the trashing. If it was simply done retreaving their property, then I doubt it. I don't use flash, but I guarentee that someone grabbing my camera is going to suffer a broken finger or two when I retrieve it from them.

Trashing, thrashing, are we talking about the same thing? And yes, if someone caused someone else pain they better be ejected from the park. So yes, if someone trashed/thrashed me they better be removed, even if I did take their stupid camera. Because see, they started it by taking the photos with their flash and giving me the headache from hell. And see I did not cause them pain by removing said camera from their possession and I don't plan to keep it, it would simply be given to the CM at the end of the ride for them to deal with. You break my finger you pay for my medical bills and my ruined vacation. Which you've already ruined by taking FLASH photos on a dark ride. Of course this is all moot because I wouldn't take anyone's camera, as is evidenced by the fact that I did not take the camera that the morons behind me were using when they DID give me a migraine. Oh and by saying "you" I don't mean you in particular, I mean any you, not just you Master Mason. :) I don't want you to think I'm speaking just to you because I quoted your post. :)

Ok I'm sorry but this is making me insane. It's not rediculious, it's ridiculous. Sorry, it's the English teacher in me correcting you. :) And she can make any statement she wants, you getting so worked up about it is sort of ridiculous imo. We are just blowing off steam with this thread, it's just fun and let's us joke around and make fun of morons who don't know how to use their cameras. It also allows me to post about my ridiculous encounter with rude people using their flash and how severely it impacted our day, it's educational, many people have already said they didn't have any idea that a bright flash on a dark ride could induce migraines so I know it's helping. :) She's not going to take someone's camera but I bet if I was on the ride with her and someone was taking flash photos and it gave me a migraine she would darn sure say something to them about it.

:thumbsup2:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Funball
09-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Ok I'm sorry but this is making me insane. It's not rediculious, it's ridiculous. Sorry, it's the English teacher in me correcting you. :) And she can make any statement she wants, you getting so worked up about it is sort of ridiculous imo. We are just blowing off steam with this thread, it's just fun and let's us joke around and make fun of morons who don't know how to use their cameras. It also allows me to post about my ridiculous encounter with rude people using their flash and how severely it impacted our day, it's educational, many people have already said they didn't have any idea that a bright flash on a dark ride could induce migraines so I know it's helping. :) She's not going to take someone's camera but I bet if I was on the ride with her and someone was taking flash photos and it gave me a migraine she would darn sure say something to them about it.

DARN freakin right i would say something!!!!! i don't hold back you know that p-wings!:thumbsup2

Gisele
11-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Any new experiences? Stories? Bad *** tales?

skiingfast
11-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah I was in a few pictures on Pirates. It was a bit ago on a dismeet, it was fun and we were talking a lot. But once down the waterfall we all calmed down.

Gisele
11-14-2010, 09:37 AM
You are forgiven my son... :) ;) And now that you have been relieved from your heavy burden, hopefully you have learned from the error of your ways.... ;) Thank you for sharing..... just one more thing.... for the final cure... you must say three Hail Mary's and then an additional prayer of your choice. ;) J/K

Tink91
11-14-2010, 04:39 PM
My camera took some pretty good photos on POTC, I have an SLR which helps but the answer is yes, you can.

Teki
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
My sister just went to the parks for with her 8th grade class on the bus going home one of her classmates was showing all the "awesome" pictures she took of dark rides. My sister asked her if her blurry pic of pirates was worth giveing people in her boat a head ache and over all ruining the ride for them. From the mouths of babes.

pixiewings71
11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
My sister just went to the parks for with her 8th grade class on the bus going home one of her classmates was showing all the "awesome" pictures she took of dark rides. My sister asked her if her blurry pic of pirates was worth giveing people in her boat a head ache and over all ruining the ride for them. From the mouths of babes.

:thumbsup2 your sister rocks! :)

skiingfast
11-15-2010, 08:58 PM

:thumbsup2 your sister rocks! :)

She sounds smart. :thumbsup2

Gisele
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Here here! And I most unanimously agree! Give her a brownie point! And a Mickey Mouse balloon. :)

Funball
11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
nice! now that kid is awesome!

BELLEDOZER
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Normally I respect the NO FLASH signs and usually take pics with my camera without the flash on and take my chances. However when I went on POTC last month I did take some flash pics. Now before I get flamed for this I will point out that the 2 boats in front of me, the boat that I was on, and 2 boats behind me were empty. Because I knew that I wasn't going to bother anyone with the powerful flash on my camera, I went ahead and took some nice pics. But otherwise I respect the no flash signs and take my chances without my flash on.

Tink91
11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Normally I respect the NO FLASH signs and usually take pics with my camera without the flash on and take my chances. However when I went on POTC last month I did take some flash pics. Now before I get flamed for this I will point out that the 2 boats in front of me, the boat that I was on, and 2 boats behind me were empty. Because I knew that I wasn't going to bother anyone with the powerful flash on my camera, I went ahead and took some nice pics. But otherwise I respect the no flash signs and take my chances without my flash on.

That would have been creepy! I wouldnt like to ride POC when it is empty :rotfl:

Gisele
11-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I would love to be the only living soul afloat upon my boatie, upon the waters of the ol Bayou! I am happy if no one takes flash pictures. But that, and to be one of very few people visiting the pirates, that would just be glorious! Sometimes, there will be an empty boat or two, but not much past that. When I have been on the ride.

Gisele
11-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Hello? Any thing new to add? TIA :)

skiingfast
11-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Nope nothing at DL bothers me anymore. Except closing the people mover.

Funball
11-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Nope nothing at DL bothers me anymore. Except closing the people mover.

that bothers me to.. i also don't like when park guests can't just enjoy there time at the park

The Orchid
11-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Last week there was somebody on Pirates who was using flash. A CM came on over the speaker and asked them to stop but they continued. The CM asked them several times throughout the ride to stop, but they never did! They had to have heard the CM, but they ignored it. I was frustrated because they let the person get off the ride and said nothing. They hauled their butts out of the exit, so I'm thinking they were afraid of getting into trouble. What jerks.

Other than that, I don't think I saw any flashes going off on any of the dark rides at all...maybe a couple on Small World. They seem to be getting more serious about the "No Flash" rule since they are getting on the speakers and asking people to stop. I think most people DO stop when they get that kind of warning. I was amazed at how bold that woman was to keep using her flash. I would have been scared to get thrown out. What an idiot. :sad2:

Gisele
11-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you for sharing your tale. I appreciate it. It is possible that woman did not understand english... however, if she did, then her indifference showed her rudeness. I hope that her camera falls out of her hands, and into the deep blue bayou.

Gisele
11-26-2010, 10:53 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2627/lights06.gif

Please people please.... I implore you... no flashing of your booty either! Nor any other body parts.... you know.. the areas where swim suits that are properly fitted and styled would cover!

Funball
11-28-2010, 01:22 AM
oh please yeah non of the body parts seriously.. my eyes don't want or need to see that stuff!!

Gisele
11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2627/lights06.gif

Grazie! ;) Ha! :)

Goofy_Mom
11-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Without fail, they guy in front of us on POTC started flashing away. My DD9 ever so politly goes "just so you know, there's no flash photography". Still flashing, so I go a little more blunt and a bit louder "NO Flash!!" the "Oh, for real" me "yeah really". He was good for the rest of the trip. Some idiot behind us in IASW was flashing away but I couldn't tell if it was our boat, it seemed a bit faint. I counted my IASW pictures, 41 total, though I think the lady infront of us got more. We were both good girls and restrained from flashing, body parts or otherwise.