PDA

View Full Version : Disney's What Will You Celebrate Tour

Disneylush
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM
I got an email today with this link http://www.disneyparkscelebrations.com/tour-schedule.aspx it says Disney is coming to my town! BIt that is it no details of where. WHen I click on the blue head in my town it says Disney is coming next week!

Anyone know anymore details? Can you lead me somewhere to learn more?

TIA

Tinkermommy
09-19-2008, 11:36 AM
It shows it is coming near me as well. I haven't heard anything about this and I am interested too.

mmounsey
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Not much info yet, but here is the site where you can hopefully find out soon...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=WhatWillYouCelebratePage&bhcp=1

Disneylush
09-20-2008, 11:55 AM
AHHH this is bugging me! Why would they have these huge promo's and then not give you any details!

wildfan1473
09-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Disneylush, if you find out the details, let me know - I've been all over Star Trib & PP's websites, MOA, Xcel Energy Center, Target Center - nobody has any event listed. It is driving me nuts

dolfinjuls
09-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I searched earlier to try to find out where in philly they'll be having the event, but no luck!

PrincessPeyton
09-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I searched earlier to try to find out where in philly they'll be having the event, but no luck!
I am trying to figure out the philly event too! Hopefully after the first event there will be more dtails available!

missesdisney
09-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Bumping this for the Philly event too - I just saw this and the Disney site is no help!

kritter
09-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Trying,, to find out info. about my town too!!!!!!!!

wildfan1473
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Here is some info on the Minneapolis event from this link http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=351229&page=5

I just got some info today about the Minneapolis event on Thursday...

We're meeting at the Minneapolis Hilton - 1001 Marquette Ave S.

Meeting at 10:30 and will go until 2 or 3 pm.

Street Team will be in groups of two and stationed or walking in a 3-4 block vicinity of the staging area (Hilton).

Members will be in plain colored collared shirts and khaki shorts/capris. We will have disney windbreakers as well.

We will be giving away 5,000 Mickey balloons with info on the new celebration attached (this will weigh down the balloons). We will be "inviting" guests to celebrate their special moments with Disney.

The balloons will be eco-friendly (which will please the Minneapolitans).

They've also sent me a "reminder" of typical Disney training... i.e. Disney Look, Disney Point, language, stay in character, etc. along with a video to watch about the balloons.

momto3inmn
09-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Here is some info on the Minneapolis event from this link http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=351229&page=5

Thanks Wildfan1473!:thumbsup2 DH works in Minneapolis, wonder if the boss would mind he takes an early lunch to check it out! He might feel a little odd strolling Minneapolis in a suit, with a breifcase, carrying a Mickey balloon though! Especially on the light rail! :rotfl: :lmao:

Stitchfans
09-23-2008, 08:58 AM
I googled it and only found out the date for Chicago and thats it. Not sure if it will be actually in Chicago or:confused3 in a suburb of it.

disneymamaof2
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
They are coming to Pittsburgh but I can't find any details either.

Jen M
09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know the location and time for the Detroit stop?

BigEeyore
09-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info! I didn't get the email. Hopefully they will release more specific details soon!

mom2aredhead
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
They're coming to NY while we'll be in WDW. Figures.

Sydnerella
09-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi

I read the post from Wildfan1473 (thanks!!) about the Mpls event and have a question:

from the post:
They've also sent me a "reminder" of typical Disney training... i.e. Disney Look, Disney Point, language, stay in character, etc. along with a video to watch about the balloons.

Does this mean characters will be along? My son and I are downtown - daycare and work and I am wondering if it would be fun for him to come over there with me Thursday or if it will just be a CM looking person with a Mickey balloon... Does anyone know??

becky_AK
09-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Kind of bummed they aren't going to come through Boise, Idaho. They are going to Portland & Seattle though...might have to go visit my mom if they provide more details.

Bambi5826
09-24-2008, 12:17 AM
ok, here is a link with the tour dates. it can be confusing though.

http://www.disneyparkscelebrations.com/tour-schedule.aspx

for detroit it lists a location and a city that said locations is not in. :confused3 also, there is no times listed.
hope this helps someone.

wlwilliams9
09-24-2008, 09:07 AM
ok, here is a link with the tour dates. it can be confusing though.

http://www.disneyparkscelebrations.com/tour-schedule.aspx

for detroit it lists a location and a city that said locations is not in. :confused3 also, there is no times listed.
hope this helps someone.

I think it means they will be in both Royal Oak and Downtown at Campus Martius that day. I just wish it had the times! UGH!

bellastella227
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
momto3inmn-My DH firmly told me he "will not be schlepping a Mickey balloon through downtown Minneapolis!":snooty:

I wish there were more info. I thought for sure it would be on a weekend and at MOA...then I just found out today they will be here TOMORROW! I'm not sure it is worth missing work for.

bnance
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
momto3inmn-My DH firmly told me he "will not be schlepping a Mickey balloon through downtown Minneapolis!":snooty:

I wish there were more info. I thought for sure it would be on a weekend and at MOA...then I just found out today they will be here TOMORROW! I'm not sure it is worth missing work for.

It is not tomorrow! I thought so too and was gonna call my mom in Minneapolis. It is for 2009. You still have to wait a whole year.

Bambi5826
09-25-2008, 12:02 AM
here is a link to the royal oak tribune website. it is a whole article about the event they are planning!!!
http://www.dailytribune.com/articles/2008/09/24/news/srv0000003579220.txt

im planning on wearing a lime green mickey! anyone else? i think it would be fun to identify the other dis-ers there!!! :goodvibes
i will be attending the royal oak event. looks like the city is really putting this event together and offering us alot! i mean, a movie too!? how fun will that be?? :woohoo:

momto3inmn
09-25-2008, 06:47 AM
It is not tomorrow! I thought so too and was gonna call my mom in Minneapolis. It is for 2009. You still have to wait a whole year.

Are you sure? Seems funny that they would be advertising a tour that would start in September of 2009. According to Wildfan's post, they are emailing out instructions to participants, and according to another site, http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=332 (not sure exactly how to post websites), they are starting September 24, 2008-February,20 2009. Anyway, I told DH to check it out if he has the time (he works near Nicollete Mall). I also read on the DIS Boards, someone from Toronto had seen them there yesterday! :dance3:

PrincessPeyton
09-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Okay, so I just checked the Philly info again and it's not untime 2009! Over a year away. :confused:
But the location was updated, it's on Market Street between 16th and 20th Street. YEAH! :dance3:

bellastella227
09-25-2008, 07:48 AM
So did anyone confirm that Toronto occurred yesterday? Their date on the site also lists 2009!

That would just go along with many other typos I noticed (including the spelling of Minneapolis and Nicollet Mall). I am surprised that Disney does not proofread more closely!:confused3

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 08:14 AM
I only see 2008 dates listed for today through October. I'm one block away from the Hilton, right on Nicollet, so I shouldn't miss them! Where does it list Nicollet, I'm not seeing that anywhere...thanks.

bellastella227
09-25-2008, 08:22 AM
On the official map at: http://www.disneyparkscelebrations.com/tour-schedule.aspx

It looks like some of the other sites have the info correct...just not the official one! The Hilton's address is not even listed as Nicollet Mall but maybe that is where they will be trolling with the balloons.

momto3inmn
09-25-2008, 08:25 AM
So did anyone confirm that Toronto occurred yesterday? Their date on the site also lists 2009!

That would just go along with many other typos I noticed (including the spelling of Minneapolis and Nicollet Mall). I am surprised that Disney does not proofread more closely!:confused3

Check on the Canadian Trip Planning forum. There is a post titled "Any DISers at Union This Morning". Someone even posted photos. I also sent an email to Disney asking them to check the dates on the site. Not sure if anyone will read it or not! :)

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I must be blind. I don't see where the addresses are listed at all?! And the Hilton isn't on Nicollet, what I read earlier is that they are meeting at the Hilton (one block away from Nicollet) & then strolling 3-4 blocks.

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Check on the Canadian Trip Planning forum. There is a post titled "Any DISers at Union This Morning". Someone even posted photos. I also sent an email to Disney asking them to check the dates on the site. Not sure if anyone will read it or not! :)

I read the Canadian thread & am curious how the drawing works....like when is it!! I don't want to miss out on that opportunity!! I thought it was just balloons advertising the celebration (which I would be more than happy to display back at my cube :rotfl: ) but hmmmm...now wondering if they start at 1030 & go until 2-3pm...(according to an earlier post)....hmmmm...

missesdisney
09-25-2008, 09:05 AM
I just checked the site again and it says 2009 for all of them. How strange?

Does this celebration thing start January 1st or is it like the old years where they started things Oct 1 an go for 15 months?

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Oooh! I just saw the balloons! Right in front of the Hilton! I'll be headed down in just a bit!!

bnance
09-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Ok, so my mom in MN just went and got a balloon. But it says to go to Disneyparkscelebration.com and enter in your balloon code and there is nowhere to do that on that website. :confused: But just wanted to let you all know it is starting!

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Got my balloon! It's pink! :0)

bellastella227
09-25-2008, 11:41 AM
My DH got the code, too. You just click on Sweepstakes on the upper left, enter your email and fill out the form. Near the bottom of the form, there is a space to enter the balloon code. DH and I both already entered so now it won't let us enter the code. :confused3

bnance
09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Ok, so I entered the code under my mom's name and stuff and nothing different happened with the code. :confused3

But she has a balloon so that is cool!

momto3inmn
09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
DH got his balloon too, said one of the ears has started to deflate. :rotfl: He said he had to go infront of a camera and they asked him what he was going to celebrate next year and he said, "I'm gonna celebrate my wife's 40th birthday!" :scared1: :scared1: Gee, thanks hun! Hope the video doesn't make the website!:scared1::goodvibes

mmounsey
09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
About what time did they hand out balloons? New Orleans is a bit off but I want to make sure I have some idea...:confused3