PDA

View Full Version : Which resort has best amenities for young children

kinghorse
09-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Which hotel in Disney would have the best amenities (pool, playground, etc) for a 5 year old.
Thank you

AnitaDisneyVacation
09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
They all have really good amenities. Usually a large themed pool and also smaller "quiet" pools.

The theming of the value resorts (All Stars and Pop Century) seem more geared to younger kids.

I guess it really depends on what your child is in to. AKL offers the savannah, Beach Club and Yacht Club are known for one of the best pools, All Star Movies has great Disney theming.

You can read descriptions of all the resorts and see photos of them at Allears.net: http://allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm

mytwinklestar
09-21-2008, 11:19 PM
We are returning to Pop Century in December because my children (10 & 6) have been begging. We have enjoyed stays at Movies and Music but Pop is our favorite of the Value resorts. We have stayed at Pop a couple of times and wanted to try a few others. We tried some of the moderate, Carribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. Of these, our favorite is French Quarter. When staying at the mods, my kids will comment when we pass the entrance to Pop - "I wish we were staying there again." Sooo... we are going back in December. I have a soft spot in my heart for Pop, too. :lovestruc

momtomatthew
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
We just got back from ASMo and DS (4) LOVED it! We were in the Toy Story building and he loved the big Woody and Buzz as well as Andy's room. He also was enthralled with the Toy Story poster int he room and the white and black wallpaper in the bathroom. Before we left, he was asking if we could stay there again. It also has a great pool and a nice little playground area.

imthatgirl
09-22-2008, 12:21 PM
they all have the same ammenities when it comes to children. the only difference i can think of is if you want a slide on the pool the values dont offer that.
oh and if you want in resort child care only the deluxes offer that.

bzzymom
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I like POFQ for traveling with children. It is a smaller resort. The pool and playground are in a nice, convienant location. On a budget, we are happy with AS movies. My kids love it there.

BigEeyore
09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I think zero-entry pools are great for little kids. I know the Poly, Saratoga, and AKL have that, possibly Beach Club too. Not sure about the other resorts, but that is an important one for us!

imthatgirl
09-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I think zero-entry pools are great for little kids. I know the Poly, Saratoga, and AKL have that, possibly Beach Club too. Not sure about the other resorts, but that is an important one for us!

what is a zero entry pool?

Canadian Girl 77
09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
DD loves the movies resort. We decided to try POP this time (she loves Lady and the Tramp). We figure that since she loves the value resort theming why spend the extra money on a moderate or deluxe? We rent a car so transportation isn't really an issue.

DISNEYFOS
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
what is a zero entry pool?

Zero Entry is no pool edge..so you can walk right in. It is really key with younger children.

To the OP, I happen to love the Beach club with children. The sand bottom pool is fantastic, my DD (almost 5) loves the lazy river too.

We've stayed at the Pop too. Although its not for me, the kids (3 & 2) at the time loved the Goofy spray fountain...and the zero entry kids pool.

I have to agree with other posters its all about what your kids like.... Disney has something for everyone.