PDA

View Full Version : Body Found In Pond At Disney World

jjcollins
04-27-2002, 03:34 AM
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A man who was reported missing at Walt Disney World was found on the bottom of a pond Friday.

His unidentified wife reported him missing to Orange County sheriff's deputies Thursday, after an argument at the Grand Floridian Resort, WESH NewsChannel 2 reported.

The woman apparently returned to her room at a different hotel, but when her husband failed to show up, she notified authorities, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jim Solomons.

Disney security representatives reported some personal items of the victim may have been found on the shore of the Seven Seas Lagoon, located near the Grand Floridian Resort. The items were confirmed as those of the victim.

A bloodhound apparently led authorities to the body, Solomons said.

jj...........:( :(

Fantasia Sam
04-27-2002, 03:39 AM
All sounding a little suspicious to me ?!

jjcollins
04-27-2002, 03:48 AM
Thought that myself Sam.....???

jj........:confused:

Fantasia Sam
04-27-2002, 03:52 AM
I'll have to make sure I don't have any arguments whilst in WDW........but then why would you anyway as it's such a happy place :(

jjcollins
04-27-2002, 03:58 AM
The man was last seen outside the Grand Floridian Hotel. Right now investigators do not suspect foul play. They're calling this an accident. They're trying to piece together exactly what happened.

Thirty-six-year-old Sean Slattery was on vacation with his wife and four young children staying at Disney's Polynesian Hotel. Megan Slattery last saw her husband Wednesday night after dinner at a Grand Floridian Restaurant.

According to officials, "There was a verbal argument, some sort of dispute as couples often have and they just went in different directions, she went back to the room, he didn't."

Thursday, she called police and reported her husband missing. An investigator started at the Polynesian, then worked his way over to the Grand Floridian.

"By the time he got to the Grand Floridian to proceed with the investigation, apparently some of the Disney folks had located some personal effects on the water line, comment officials.

A security officer found a jacket with the man's wallet floating near yellow cones in the water. A dog team started searching on land and picked up a scent. "Once the dog got on that pier he got very excited and there was no doubt he had at least been there."

Dive teams had already been in the water for hours. They moved over to the pier and found Sean Slattery's body. "The family, as you would expect, is taking this very hard. His wife was on scene throughout the search operation. She's since been taken to a secure location by Disney folks and being taken care of."

The family is from New Hampshire. We're told the victim, Sean Slattery, was a schoolteacher there. Disney says at least one relative has already flown in to be with the rest of the family. Investigators say, unless the autopsy reveals something abnormal, this will likely be ruled an accident.

jj...:confused:

Fantasia Sam
04-27-2002, 04:02 AM
OMG this really isn't good at all. Those poor children and the wife must feel absolutely distressed especially if the last time she saw him they argued.....how awful:(

WebmasterPenny
04-27-2002, 05:47 AM
Yes, this is so sad...it's a terrible thing at the best of times, but imagine your last words spoken are ones of anger :(

Ummmm....first time I ever heard the Seven Seas Lagoon referred to as a pond though!

Penny

mmouse37
04-27-2002, 06:13 PM
That really is sad, sad, news.....I hope they can find some solace. Those poor kids and wife. I agree it must be terrible especially since they were last arguing. My mom always told me....never go to bed angry at each other. Now we know why.

MJ

Sue F UK
04-29-2002, 02:53 AM
What a tragic story.

My first theory on this is that possibly Mr Slattery may have consoled himself with one or two drinks and ended up in the lake by accident.

How awful for his wife having to return from the holiday of a lifetime to bringing up four small children alone. My heart goes out to her.

cindala
04-30-2002, 12:19 PM
In what newspaper was this article originally posted? I haven't heard anything on the news about it at all?:eek:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WebmasterPenny
04-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Cindala,

I think it might have been the Orlando Sentinal, and it rings a bell that maybe it was reported on the CNN website as well...

Penny