PDA

View Full Version : OT: Has anyone been to the indoor legoland in Chicago?

DawnM
09-17-2008, 03:33 PM
My husband is going on a business trip to Chicago. We could go along, but we will have just gotten back from a trip (driving) to Montreal, so I am not sure if another LONG car trip is worth it.

Anyone have opinions? Would it be worth the trip?

We used to go to legoland in CA a lot, but the IL one looks much, much smaller and I am not sure we could even fill an entire day there.

Thoughts?

Thanks!,

Dawn

TinaLala
09-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I pulled it up on the web and here's a link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g36669-d1100072-Reviews-Legoland_Discovery_Centre_Chicago-Schaumburg_Illinois.html

It sounds like it's a big disappointment

BlondeAlligator
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
The new Legoland is about 20 min. from my house. I went in Aug. w/ DH & DD6. I have never been to another one, but I certainly would not advise travelling to Chicago just for this. It is small...we were done in about 2 hours...is gets pretty crowded & it's not cheap (20.00 to get in per person).

They have Chicago built of Legos...a jungle trek (walk through & see animals of legos)...a very short ride...a 3-D movie...& building areas. The playground was not even as big as some McDonald's ones I've seen.

Hope this info helps...

:thumbsup2

DawnM
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Thanks. We are headed to Chicago for another event in July and I thought about missing the crowds, but it sounds like it may not be worth my time.

Maybe the kids and I will just sneak down to Disney while DH is in Chicago! :rotfl:

Dawn

The new Legoland is about 20 min. from my house. I went in Aug. w/ DH & DD6. I have never been to another one, but I certainly would not advise travelling to Chicago just for this. It is small...we were done in about 2 hours...is gets pretty crowded & it's not cheap (20.00 to get in per person).

They have Chicago built of Legos...a jungle trek (walk through & see animals of legos)...a very short ride...a 3-D movie...& building areas. The playground was not even as big as some McDonald's ones I've seen.

Hope this info helps...

:thumbsup2