PDA

View Full Version : The new how to tell the kids!

janie91
09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Looking for some suggstions on creative ways to tell the kids. They are 2 (almost 3), 11, 13, 15, youngest 2 are boys oldest 2 girls.

barrylisa
09-18-2008, 09:21 PM
My husband planned a surprise trip for our daughter (13) and her best friend for next month. Being the overgrown child that he is:yay: , he has talked to their principal (a high school friend of his) about it. They have come up with this plan. On the day of departure (we fly out at 1:00) the girls will go to school, moms will pack, and both families will go to the school to check them out. The principal will call the girls to the office and bring them into his personal office. There he is going to hand them a card that reads "We're going to Disney, right now!" (got from one of the fabulous disigners here). All the while, a video camera is catching their reactions. I'm sure we will be able to win some funny video money with their reactions. They are both terrified of ever being in trouble and will probably be in a panic by the time the reach the office!!! Really looking forward to this trip. We've been to Disney several times, but never with a friend.

natnelliesmom
09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Barrylisa.. I LOVE that idea!! It's so funny!

We are going 2 days after my DD's 4th birthday. Both DDs know we are going this fall- but they are too young to understand dates and time. So I am going to pack a very large box with helium balloons with their strings attached to the bottom of the box. When she opens the box- the balloons will pop up and show a sign attached to the balloons. It will say we are going to Disney World in 2 days! It should be pretty cool!
-Sarah

boettj
09-19-2008, 06:37 AM
I did this for a work trip. You might try this: (though you have older ones. Which means you would need someone else to bring the suitcases to the airport)

I had to go to Washington DC during the kids April vacation. My DW and I decided that we would all go, and take the kids around DC. However, we did not tell them. Instead of flying, I take the train. We packed the kids, and told them we were going to the train to see me off. We took all of the bags across to the other platform with very little questions. When we got on the train, my DS gave me a hug, and said dad we need to get off. My DW and I said surprise, we are all going to Washington DC.

Not sure if that would work for you with the older ones. I know that either my DW or I would invariably pack the wrong clothes for the older ones, but might be worth a try.

firstgood
09-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Last night was Friday night game night at our house. I wanted to make a paper chain for the countdown, so instead of doing it myself.... I had my 2 year old, six year old, and 16 year old do it. I said we are going to play a game. On each piece of paper we are going to write something Disney and see if we can name 30 as fast as we can. All I kept hearing is for what or why. When we were all done I hung it up and said this is how many days until we go to Disney!!! It was the best Friday night game night!!!;) My six old already ripped off Jasmine today!!