PDA

View Full Version : 1 yo at WDW?

Twilightlover
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
How much can a one year old do at the parks? I know that many of the rides have height restrictions but would they be able to ride say Dumbo? Or Snow White and the Dwarfs? What is the ticket price for a child that age?

tabrizia
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM
There are very few rides a 1 year old can't do. We took DS at 5 months and the only ride we went on that he didn't was test track. That being said DH and I aren't big roller coaster people so it may have been a bit easier.

Here is a list of the rides that have a height requirement:

Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain 44 inches
Splash Mountain 40 inches
Big Thunder Mountain 40 inches
Stitch 40 inches
Barnstormer 35 inches

Epcot
Soarin' 40 inches
Mission Space 44 inches
Test Track 40 inches

Hollywood Studios
Rock'n'Roller Coaster 48 inches
Star Tours 40 inches
Tower of Terror 40 inches

Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur 40 inches
Expedition Everest 44 inches
Kali River Rapids 38 inches
Primeval Whirl 48 inches

As you can see it means that there aren't a lot of rides in Disney Studios, but other then that there are a ton of rides you can do. We had a ton of fun when DS was 5 months old and we went and we're heading back next fall with a 6 month old again and DS at 2 and a half.

Oh and tickets are free until they are 3. Which is really nice and a great way to save some money by taking them before that point.

Twilightlover
09-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks!! :woohoo:

ChristusG
09-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Yep, a one year old can do most everything! Our baby has been riding things since she was about 6 months old. She's now 18 months and we're going to WDW in Oct.

mommy-on-the-move
09-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Just took our 19 month old and he went on so much with us, he switched out on a few rides to take a wander with granny and grandad but generally the only rides he missed were the ones his 4 year old sister was too small for as well (or ones she wasn't brave enough to go on)

I was genuinely surprised how much he could go on (and could have at even smaller) I'd anticipated a vacation of him miserable and in a stroller but he was able to enjoy so much with us and his sheer joy with the characters made me really glad we'd taken him so young even though we had so many reservations about it

AUDramaQueen
09-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Like others have said there will be way more rides he/she CAN do then can't.

I also found that they aren't really afraid of anything spooky like Haunted Mansion or Snow White, so try those out too. At that age they really don't comprehend "spooky" and you have to worry more about loud noises scaring them (like on Ellen's Energy Adventure)

Have a great time!