PDA

View Full Version : A little extra magic for the kids in Disney..

Happyathome
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I found some cute cards over on the DISign board that have Tinkerbell on them, and say "You've won a dream" (thanks telynn) I sized them down to a little smaller than a credit card, and printed off a bunch, with the thought of rewarding the kids for extra nice behavior while we're on our trip. Like, if oldest dd is esp. nice to her little minions without being asked, or if someone's ideas are outvoted, and they don't pitch a fit, etc.

My dilemma is... what do I use as the "dream"? I have 4 kids, so buying an extra *whatever* at a gift shop or an extra treat might get a bit pricey.

Does anyone have an idea for me what I could do to spread a little more pixie dust? My kids are 10, 8, 6, 4.

Thanks!!

jaymesmommy2004
09-17-2008, 02:50 AM
If you check your local Dollar store they usually have disney things, stickers, pens, paper, etc. Bring some down with you and have htem on hand. Also maybe let them pick the first ride or show to go to, get to pick the tv show to watch

Happyathome
09-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks! I like the 1st ride idea. That's doable!

janie91
09-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I went to Dollar Tree on Monday and they had tons of Disney themed items. Here is what I found: Christmas Posters & Paint sets, Mr. Potato Head & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse color books, boxes of 8 crayons in disney themed packages, story books, tops, kalediscopes, stamp sets, jump ropes, HS musical gummi candy, HS musical hand sanitizer, stickers, little figures, night lights, pens with tv on top and different characters display when you push a button, magic towels. I know there is more but that's what I can remember right now.

NaplesRI
09-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Grrrrr I keep checking my Dollar Tree and they never have the magic towels!

Are these the same as what they sell at the Disney store? (which is also always out- I call every few days)

janie91
09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
The ones I found are in a pretty small package and they said they get bigger when you get them wet. They had princess, mickey, lightning, tink, and I think Hannah Montana. I can't remember but I think that's about all. Ours usually has some disney selection but seemed to have a lot more this time.

starann
09-18-2008, 09:00 AM
How about Disney Dollars.....This way, if they get a few of them they can pick their own prize!!! It might work out well for the older one (even the little ones will love to have their 'own' money in Disney!).

Let us know what you decide!

Happyathome
09-18-2008, 09:14 AM
How about Disney Dollars.....This way, if they get a few of them they can pick their own prize!!! It might work out well for the older one (even the little ones will love to have their 'own' money in Disney!).

Let us know what you decide!

Can you still get Disney dollars? Our Disney store closed last year. :sad1: Could I get them while we're there? That's a good idea, too.

Thanks everybody!! I appreciate the ideas!!!:disrocks: