PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving 2009

daleswife
09-16-2008, 04:48 PM
I know its a long time from now, but I think I am gonna start planning my trip for Thanksgiving 2009....Was gonna have to wait until 2010, but things have turned around. However.....I have to pick between Universal and Disney. DH says Universal, I say Disney. We have been to Disney 2 years in a row, and havent been to Universal since 2001. He says something different, I say Disney.....Reason is with the last trip being so crappy due to ungrateful family members who ruined everything, I feel like we deserve a do over. Universal is a whole lost less expensive too. Two questions.....How are the crowds around Thanksgiving, and Should I just give in and go to Universal.....TIA

ILuvCrush
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm subbing to hear the discussion... we are tentitively beginning plans for a small-grand gathering (3 families) that week. The idea of going that week has stemmed from the idea of the kids not missing as much school, but it be cool enough that my DM doesn't get heatstroke:thumbsup2

I hope that it will be do-able. We are Dis-vets but it will be a first trip for my Brother SIL and DN(15) DN(9) and I'd hate for it to be miserable busy!!!

Paula

daleswife
09-16-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm subbing to hear the discussion... we are tentitively beginning plans for a small-grand gathering (3 families) that week. The idea of going that week has stemmed from the idea of the kids not missing as much school, but it be cool enough that my DM doesn't get heatstroke:thumbsup2

I hope that it will be do-able. We are Dis-vets but it will be a first trip for my Brother SIL and DN(15) DN(9) and I'd hate for it to be miserable busy!!!

Paula

Paula,

I hope your grand gatherings trip goes better than mine did!!! UGH!!! Thats about the only clean word to describe that horrible experience!!! Still feeling the effects from that event!!!

ILuvCrush
09-16-2008, 11:01 PM
LOL!!! I've already talked DH into me booking the Bounceback promo when I go next month for Aug 2009!! It will be stressful enough with my DM, my Bro(who is irritable because he'll miss the first day of buck season:confused3 so he doesn't want to go at all) and my DSIL who truely is about as fun as a trip to the dentist!!! LOL!!!

But I REALLY want my nephews to get to experience the magic...so I'll suck it up for them:love: My girls get along great with the boys (and my DS already said he's not going... says WDW is a 'waste of his life':scared1: )

My DH has NO patience... and can't stand my DM sooooo I'm taking him by himself ahead of time, then leaving him at home for thanksgiving:lmao:
I have finally figured out how to reduce the stress of family vacations.... don't take them all at once!!!

Our GG will go fine if everyone lets me run the show:rotfl: When I went w/ DM in Feb, she let me lead, and she followed along. Worked like a charm:rotfl:

Paula

daleswife
09-17-2008, 07:34 AM
LOL. Miss the first day of buck season!!! He sounds like my DH!!! We live in WV so I know all about deer season!!! Id tell him either suck it up and go or stay home and set in the woods in the dark smelling like deer pee and praying for a buck to come along....LOL.

luvmy2sams
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm not sure how much things have changed in the past few years, but we visited WDW over Thanksgiving 2002. We arrived Thanksgiving afternoon and didn't hit the MK until after dinner (around 7pm) that evening. It wasn't nearly as crowded as we'd anticipated, and we ended up watching the evening parade from Liberty Square with no one even close to us. We went to Epcot on Friday, and we didn't encounter any huge lines. I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes for anything. Things weren't too bad throughout the rest of the weekend, and we actually experienced bigger crowds during the following week.

Go with a plan and be prepared for short lines, and you should be fine. It's nowhere near as bad as the crowds during Christmas/New Year's. :)

By the way...it's not too soon to plan. We're going back for Christmas 2009, and we booked several weeks ago. ;)

ILuvCrush
09-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats great to know!!! I hope that others can say the same who've been there the last couple years too. My bro et al finally gave the OK to go. AND they're leaving a day earlier than us.... to shoot the deer:rotfl:

they crack me up!

I'm booking today:banana:

Paula