PDA

View Full Version : What Are You and Your Kids Wearing For.....

SharpMomOfTwo
09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Halloween!!

:clown: :joker:
I know its a bit early, but lets face it - if you don't buy early, you get stuck with that last Superman costume with only one leg!

So what are your kids going to be??

My girls (2 & 3.5) are both going to be Snow White (custom made, not from the Disney Store), and I just bought a $5 t-shirt from Target with a chandalear and spiders on it for myself. A friends of ours always throws a party, so I'm sure I'll have to buy a real costume - how many of you adults out there get dressed up, and what have you been/will you be?

ETA - Its never to early to get your Halloweeiez on!!!

imthatgirl
09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
we were just discussing this last night.
my 3yo son will be captain hook
8yo daughter will be a dead cheerleader
4yo son is still up in the air. at first we were thinking indiana jones...but, now i would like to do Tom Brady. i was thinking we could fake cast his leg and put him on crutches with the pats uniform on. i just need a helmet and i think i could figure out the cast.

PollyannaMom
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't ususlly dress up - maybe wear a witch's hat to answer the door when giving out candy. DS(7) has picked out his first "scary" costume this time. - He bought a creepy pumpkin mask and and some sort of plastic axe thing, and I'm making ghostly robes out of green fabric to go with them.

An_Island_Girl
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
LOL! My DD4 wants to be Hermine Granger (sp?) from Harry Potter. I have never even read the books, so I have no clue how she knows this character??? :confused3

bjeannep
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
4yo son is still up in the air. at first we were thinking indiana jones...but, now i would like to do Tom Brady. i was thinking we could fake cast his leg and put him on crutches with the pats uniform on. i just need a helmet and i think i could figure out the cast.

Love the Tom Brady idea.

We will be at WDW this year, so my DD will be Tink and my DS will be Peter Pan.

bjeannep
09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
deleted wording

christa112
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
My boys are doing the Star Wars thing this year. Obi Wan and Anakin (Sith). I so wanted DD to along with the theme too, but she wants Cinderella.

I bought a Halloween T-shirt that I will wear. No costume for me.

princessmom29
09-16-2008, 02:19 PM
DD is going to be a pirate princess (costume made by me) think pink fluffy skirt with a hankechief skirt ovelay with pink skulls. Anda peasant blouse and corset top. We have a tiara, but are still looking for a jeweled sword.

kldmom2000
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
My soon-to-be 6 yr old DD will be a cat for the 3rd year in a row :rolleyes: She is obsessed with cats.... having a kitty birthday party next week too :rotfl:

My 8 yr old DD is not sure yet. She is thinking a rockstar along the lines of Hannah-Montana"ish"... something we can put together from stuff we already have :thumbsup2

I'm so sad neither wants to be a Disney Princess this year :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 especially since my younger DD inherited tons of Disney Princess costumes from her sister :rotfl:

irene_dsc
09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Dd will be a ballerina - has been pretty steady on this for months, and we have all the necessary stuff. Alas, it will be hidden by a coat for actual trick-or-treating, most likely!

Ds will probably be a Star Wars character - I need to wait a bit longer, then go shopping with him, since he tends to change his mind a lot. This would be his first storebought costume, ever, however!

I'll be going to a party, so I need a costume, too. I was just thinking I could be a pumpkin pi(e) - I would wear an orange t-shirt (already have), put green ribbons in my hair, and make a pi symbol and attach it the t-shirt. I'm not sure if it looks a little too last-minute, tho, for thinking about it over a month ahead of time! (Oh, and not sure what I would wear as a bottom...black jeans, maybe?)

lilysmommy
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
We host a party every year so we do themed costumes. Last year we were a circus family - ring master (hubby), tight rope walker ( Me) and tiger (Daughter).

This year we are "The Flintstones"- I have made my husband a costume already, and the little one has a green leopard print dress that I made with some blue bloomers and the bone bow. I still have to make my Wilma Costume.

(My husband is making the flintstones car for us to use as a "stroller" for trick or treating around the area.

Lorna

bjscheel
09-16-2008, 04:01 PM
DD10 will be Clifford, and DD7 will be Emily Elizabeth. The Clifford costume is on the way, I hope we can make it work. The biggest size is 8-10. We have striped tights DD7 can wear with her own black skirt and pink top.

I always try to find something they can wear layers UNDER, so they don't have to cover their costume with a coat.

nikkistevej
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
My DD wants to be a witch, I got the costume from Ebay.

mommyof2princesses
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
DD5 will be cinderella. We got it on clearance at the Disney Store in Feb! I love the costume.. DD13 says she is too old. :(

Camno's Mama
09-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Ds 5 will be Wall-E...we are making the costume. He's really excited about that.

Ds (almost 3) is going to be Pluto. We go that really cute one from the Disney Store. He keeps wearing it around the house!

NY_MOM
09-16-2008, 04:34 PM
If you're over 25 you will know what I'm talking about....
My dad brought over his dvd collection of the 80's cartoon Thunder Cats and DD (5) loved the character CHEETARAH. Anyone not familiar, Thunder Cats are human like cats..ie: LIONO, TIGRA, PANTHRO...ect. They live on a planet called third earth because their planet was destroyed. They work to protect this new planet and those who inhabit it from a character called Mumra who seeks to lord over and control third earth. Anyhoo, DD just loves CHEETARAH because she is a cat who can run really fast and does some martial arts like her. So this is what she has chosen to be this year. In the past DD has been:03-a pumpkin 04- a black cat 05- a lady bug 06- a pirate 07- Mulan. Happy Halloween/Harvest to all!

yrdlyprincess
09-16-2008, 04:46 PM
We went to the MNNSHP as: me-Wendy, DH-Hook, DD-Tinker bell, DS- Peter Pan ....I wish that I knew how to post pictures, they are really cute!

jen2207
09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Last year DD4 and DD1 were Supergirl(s) and DS7 was Wolverine.

DH and I went to an adults only party as Hansel and Gretel - which was hillarious!!!

This year DH and I are going to be Ken and Barbie. And my girls are going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (we have a silky terrier dog) and DS - - who knows!:confused3 Wants to be something gross and scary.... boys! whadayagonnado?

Magical09
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
My DD 4 will be Belle (costume from BBB)
My DD 1 will be minnie mouse (the pink and black one from Disney store)
Not sure what I will be??

chloe770
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
My DS5 and his BFalmost6 are obsessed with Mario Kart . They are going to be Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. They want me to dress as Rosalina, DH to be Bowser, Bf's mom to be Princess Peach, and BF's dad to be Wario. And we can all race down the street with our steering wheels in our hands:rotfl2:

holly7347
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
My girls have a couple things to pick from. Last year after halloween I got snow white and ariel costumes on clearance from the disney store. But DD#1 had been bugging me to get her a new Cinderella costume. She was Cinderella last year and wore that costume everywhere - trick or treating at the zoo a couple times, preschool, on halloween, and for dress up at home. It was filthy and the sleeves were ripping. She finally threw up on it and I tossed it. So I found one on ebay that wasn't a disney one but a hand made one and the seller was selling belle too so I got one of each. So DD#1 can pick between ariel and cinderella and DD#2 can pick between belle and snow white. I'm sure they will all get use - wear one to the zoo one trick or treating etc. And we are seeing Disney on Ice next month so they can wear one there too.

MousekaMaddi
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
DD6 wants to be Belle, she has been Cinderella and Aurora in the past LOL:rotfl: its chilly in new york so we need a thermal Belle:rotfl:

Fantasmic23
09-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Halloween!!

:clown: :joker:
I know its a bit early, but lets face it - if you don't buy early, you get stuck with that last Superman costume with only one leg!

So what are your kids going to be??

My girls (2 & 3.5) are both going to be Snow White (custom made, not from the Disney Store), and I just bought a $5 t-shirt from Target with a chandalear and spiders on it for myself. A friends of ours always throws a party, so I'm sure I'll have to buy a real costume - how many of you adults out there get dressed up, and what have you been/will you be?

ETA - Its never to early to get your Halloweeiez on!!!

DD (9) wants to be Little Red Riding Hood. I found a costume on Amazon that she likes (All I have to do is pick her up a basket from our local Christmas Tree Shop. She plans on putting an apple or two in the basket).

Last Halloween she went as Wednesday Addams (from The Addams Family) and no one knew who she was! I told her beforehand that The Addams Family isn't on TV anymore (At least I can never find the re-runs) and it's been a few years since the last Addams Family movie. Of course it didn't help matters that the costume (From Target) looked pilgrimish. In fact, many people kept asking her "Are you supposed to be a pilgrim?" "Are you a nun?" After the fifth house, she was kind of frustrated.

DS wants to be Iron Man or Kung Fu Panda. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

Since my kids have become obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, I was kind of hoping/expecting them to choose a costume like Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, etc. Maybe I'll go as Alice!

delmar411
09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
DD10 will be some creepy dead thing. Found it last year on clearance and she was thrilled. It pumps blood and everything. :eek:

DD4 will be a generic princess since she found a princess dress that she loves

DS3 and DS2 will both be Buzz Lightyear.

I went with easy to deal with and layer costumes. Although not even sure what we are doing on Halloween. I'm unclear if this neighborhood will participate. About 50-60% of our old neighborhood did NOT participate in halloween.

Luv Bunnies
09-17-2008, 12:00 PM
My 10 year old wants to be a Clone Trooper from Star Wars. We saw a costume at the drug store but we're waiting for the Spirit store to open up near us so we can see if they have anything better. My 13 year old hasn't decided yet. This will probably be his last year of trick or treating and we know we're going to have to shop in the adult costume section. Last year he was in a kid's large and it was a little tight! :eek:

Disneychix
09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
DS is being Tigger (bought on Ebay and saved $10 off the disneystore price!) and I will be a mouseketeer for MNSSHP.

Usually I am a 'bug' of my own creation. I have bug wings and a black and purple outfit and antenna.

My dogs will be a police officer (we call him Sippowitz cause he's fat and shoved into his costume) and snow white.

Alex&Evan'sMom
09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
DS7 and DS4 are going as Superman and Spiderman respectively. I tried to suggest something Disney but they weren't having it. Oh well, at least we will be well protected with our two superheroes!

momma of 2
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
My dd4 will be cinderella. Has to be some sort of dprincess. She said she wants her db3 to be her prince charming but he said he wants to be pluto no dumbo no a fireman no buzz no woody. And anything else he has seen in catalogs. And since he is 3 I get to still make him something cute so who knows. Not that he isn't already

Sam'sMom0126
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
My DS is going to be Pluto...costume from the Disney Store. Last year he was Mickey. I love that I get to pick (well for now anyway!!)

pooh4evr
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Well this yr we are going the Super Hero route- Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl!

bennythepug
09-17-2008, 08:20 PM
dd 13, Hermoine Granger...from harry potter
ds 10 some scary thing from lord of the rings
ds 4 wants to be a UPS man :lmao:

I'm either going to minnie mouse or a mousketeer
my dh is going to a tourist

Karlzmom
09-17-2008, 08:35 PM
DS loves trains [he knows he is taking the train to see Mickey in Nov]

We already have an engineer's hat and bandana, so I will pick up a pair of train stripe bibs at the OshKosh outlet and he will go as an engineer...the upside is that he will get to wear the bibs as his pants and so the total cost to me is $0! :cool1:

I really can't get over parents spending $40+ on a costume for one night:scared1:

vcgirl925
09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Halloween is our favorite holiday! My ds will be batman, dh will be the joker, and my dog is going to be robin. My dd is going to be Ariel and i have no idea what i'll be yet.

natnelliesmom
09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
We love Halloween. In our house it's bigger than Christmas! We have about 8 acres of land and we set up a huge haunted hayride with my DH's tractor. We have over 30 kids and their families each year. It's great!
Needless to say- we all dress up. Everyone has to wear a costume- even other parents. I have a costume hall of shame- if you show up without a costume, I'll provide one for you. Last year my friend's husband ended dressed up as an old lady, complete with wig and pink muumuu. It was a classic! We take photos and post them each year!
My DH is going to be a redneck this year, with fake bad teeth, acid wash jeans and a mullet. He's already growing out his sideburns and mustache. DD5 is going to be an autumn themed witch. I'm making a great tulle skirt with autumn colored flowers and ribbons on her dress and hat. DD3 is going to be Tinkerbell. We found a deluxe Disney costume at our local Goodwill. $7.99! I found wings and shoes on Ebay- and we're all set!
I am going to be a spooky mom- with long black and purple hair, a dark purple velvet dress, black cape, and purple fingernails and lipstick.
I really love Halloween!
-Sarah

AllisonK
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
DD (9) wants to be Little Red Riding Hood. I found a costume on Amazon that she likes (All I have to do is pick her up a basket from our local Christmas Tree Shop. She plans on putting an apple or two in the basket).

Last Halloween she went as Wednesday Addams (from The Addams Family) and no one knew who she was! I told her beforehand that The Addams Family isn't on TV anymore (At least I can never find the re-runs) and it's been a few years since the last Addams Family movie. Of course it didn't help matters that the costume (From Target) looked pilgrimish. In fact, many people kept asking her "Are you supposed to be a pilgrim?" "Are you a nun?" After the fifth house, she was kind of frustrated.

DS wants to be Iron Man or Kung Fu Panda. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

Since my kids have become obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, I was kind of hoping/expecting them to choose a costume like Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, etc. Maybe I'll go as Alice!

I was Wednesday Addams twice for Halloween (when I was 11 and 13) and NO ONE knew who I was either! The 2nd time I went out with my friend - she was dressed as Annie (same dress, but red, with a wig) - everyone knew who she was and I got asked at EVERY house "Who are you supposed to be???" - and this was only about 6 years ago when the New Addams Family was still on.

nyyankeegirl
09-17-2008, 09:57 PM
We love Halloween. In our house it's bigger than Christmas! We have about 8 acres of land and we set up a huge haunted hayride with my DH's tractor. We have over 30 kids and their families each year. It's great!
Needless to say- we all dress up. Everyone has to wear a costume- even other parents. I have a costume hall of shame- if you show up without a costume, I'll provide one for you. Last year my friend's husband ended dressed up as an old lady, complete with wig and pink muumuu. It was a classic! We take photos and post them each year!
My DH is going to be a redneck this year, with fake bad teeth, acid wash jeans and a mullet. He's already growing out his sideburns and mustache. DD5 is going to be an autumn themed witch. I'm making a great tulle skirt with autumn colored flowers and ribbons on her dress and hat. DD3 is going to be Tinkerbell. We found a deluxe Disney costume at our local Goodwill. $7.99! I found wings and shoes on Ebay- and we're all set!
I am going to be a spooky mom- with long black and purple hair, a dark purple velvet dress, black cape, and purple fingernails and lipstick.
I really love Halloween!
-Sarah

Ooh, can I come? Sounds fun!

We are doing the Peter Pan theme this year!
DS6 will be Capt. Hook
DS4 will be Peter Pan (last years DS6 costume)
I will be Tinker Bell (yeah me!)
And I'm hoping to get DH to be Mr. Smee!!
We are going to a family Halloween party, so I thought we should all coordinate!

robinb
09-17-2008, 11:30 PM
My DD9 wants to be a Pirate Princess :). I'm going to start working on getting the pieces next week.

GoofItUp
09-18-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm due with DS#2 Nov 1, but expect to have him by mid-Oct, so if all goes as plans.....

DS#1 (2 yrs) is going to be a firefighter.
DS#2 (maybe 2 wks) will be a dalmation puppy. Really just a spotted blanket with hood and ears, but very cute!
DH is going as FIRE. I'm making a tunic-style shirt with frayed sleeves and hem from flame-printed fabric and he's wearing a flame wig or hat.
And I'm going to be the fire hydrant. It will be a red tube-style dress with straps, 1/2-sphere styrofoam balls covered in foil for the place you put the water hose (no water hose attached, though....thought that would just look weird! ;) ) and a red hat with 1/2 styrofoam ball on top. I thought the fire hydrant would be appropriate since I'll be carrying the puppy around!

Last year we were the Incredibles and we had so much fun that I had to do family-themed costuming again. We have a party we all go to together. We're some of the only adults that dress up, but it doesn't matter to me! (And DH endures it!)

Pikester
09-18-2008, 07:32 AM
DS10 (Will be 11 next month) will be wearing a scary mask and carrying a plastic sithe(sp?), kind of like the grim reaper.

DS7 is going to be a Clone Trooper. Captain Rex from the new movie.

DH and I don't usually dress up. Every once in a while DH will dress up in camo with a scary mask so he can jump out at people.

For those Adams Family Fans, DS10 was just watching the show the other day. I believe it was on TVLand.

ChillyWilleys
09-18-2008, 09:11 AM
DD4 will be Giselle. Yes the ridiculously expensive one from the Disney Store. I told her we would see and hopefully get the costume closer to the day when the prices tend to go down. But DH, who fits nicely around her little finger, went out and bought it. He's afraid she'll miss out if he didn't get it now. Its practically a wedding dress so he wants to have her hair done and everything so he can have that picture for her when she wears her real wedding dress. She wanted the same thing for our DW trip last May to wear to BBB but it wasn't around. So I think part of it is to make up for that. He likes to think he's a tough guy.:laughing:

Fabinva
09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
DS8 is into the really creepy costumes and this year he wanted the Scream mask with the bleeding effect but they are way too many young kids in our neighborhood that will freak out so we compromised and he got the glow in the dark one instead. He will also wear the Ghost Pirate from Disney for a Halloween costume contest event and I'll be applying the makeup on his face to make him look like a skeleton.
DD6 has Disney costumes Minnie, Belle deluxe gown (red), Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty but this year she wants to be a pirate. I got her a really cute girl pirate costume last year right after Halloween (discounted) as we were going on a Disney cruise and she wore it for Pirate night.
We are all set except for the candy.

jlparedes
09-18-2008, 11:42 AM
We will be at Disneyland the week of Halloween!!! DH and I will be Marc Anthony and Cleopatra and DD will be Minnie Mouse.

nessz79
09-18-2008, 12:06 PM
DS 5 wants to be Buzz Lightyear and DS 4 wants to be Woody. So cute!

Last year they were Batman and Superman. They're not twins, but sometimes they sure do act like twins! They like to coordinate with some things.

Fantasmic23
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
I was Wednesday Addams twice for Halloween (when I was 11 and 13) and NO ONE knew who I was either! The 2nd time I went out with my friend - she was dressed as Annie (same dress, but red, with a wig) - everyone knew who she was and I got asked at EVERY house "Who are you supposed to be???" - and this was only about 6 years ago when the New Addams Family was still on.

I'm glad to know that my DD was not alone in all of her "Who are you supposed to be?" turmoil!! :)

liznboys
09-18-2008, 09:59 PM
ds 4 wants to be a UPS man :lmao:

That is so cute! LOL!! :rotfl:

My boys are all are crazy about Star Wars these days. So that ended up being the theme:

DS8: Mace Windu -He's wearing a basic Jedi outfit and carrying his purple lightsaber.
DS6: Boba Fett -I bought him the costume and a blaster, and he wants the jet pack thingy....I'll probably give in, I'm a sucker for Halloween. :)
DS4: Luke Skywalker -He's also wearing a basic Jedi outfit but carrying his blue lightsaber.
DS2: Yoda -He is so cute! And he actually did choose to be Yoda on his own. :thumbsup2

My dh said he'd dress as Darth Vader if I dress as Padmé Amidala...we'll see... ;)