PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Clubs at Disney

spatter1234
09-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Has anyone ever used the Disney Kids Club such as Cub's Den at WL, Simba's Clubhouse at AKL, or Neverland Club at Polynesian? How was the experience? What ages were your children? Our family travels to WDW annually but we have never taken advantage of the kids clubs. DH and I were thinking this time we may take in a nice dinner with just the 2 of us.

JESW
09-16-2008, 06:53 AM
My oldest has aged out so no more kids clubs for us and we are sad about that! :( The only two they went to were The Neverland Club and Simba's Cubhouse - many times for both. The staff at both were friendly and professional and we never had any problems. Both kids loved them and didn't want to leave. Go and enjoy your alone time and know that I am envious! :)

Jill

Belle1962
09-16-2008, 08:26 AM
My grandson went to the Neverland Club for the first time in 2007 with a friend. (He was 6). He thought it was great. The staff was friendly and I di dhave to sign him in and out showing id--veyr secure. When we went back this past January he insisted on going again. He only stayed about 2 hours each time we went (the mimimum) I think it just makes a nice break for him.

WDWMaiselFamilyWDW
09-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Glad to hear good things about Simba's. DH and I are going to dine at Jiko (first time, can't wait) while the kids hang out there. My youngest will finally be four by the time of our trip, so this will be our first opportunity to take advantage of the kids' clubs! I can't wait! I know they're gonna love it! :thumbsup2

loopner67
09-16-2008, 09:00 AM
My boys have done the Cubs Den twice at WL. The first time, they were ages 6 & 8, then they were 7 & 9. They *loved* it so much that they asked if they could go back the next night! That took all my guilt away and fast! :laughing:

In a way, it's a great way for the kids to "slow down" during the trip. My boys were so happy to just play with all the toys and use the computers (they have every Disney video game). They also enjoyed playing with other kids. If you think about it, that's stuff they do at home (well my boys do), but don't do on a Disney trip when you're touring the parks all the time.

My boys will be trying out the SandCastle Club at BC in about two weeks. :)

:wizard:

thewesterberg
09-16-2008, 09:06 AM
We brought our DS5 to the Neverland Club at the end of August so DH and I could grab dinner and hit some rides at the MK. It was great for us and him!

I just asked DS what he thought and here's what he told me: "I like watching a Goofy Movie, playing with other kids, playing a Wall-e game and another game with wands. The people that worked there were pretty fun. I liked playing the Wii."

Original19
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

I have a post that pretty much asks the same question and was really glad this one popped up, too.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1951118

sobuyso
09-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Has anyone ever used the Disney Kids Club such as Cub's Den at WL, Simba's Clubhouse at AKL, or Neverland Club at Polynesian? How was the experience? What ages were your children? Our family travels to WDW annually but we have never taken advantage of the kids clubs. DH and I were thinking this time we may take in a nice dinner with just the 2 of us.

look like a good club:banana:

thewesterberg
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
oops.

spatter1234
09-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for the responses. It sounds like DH and I can have a nice dinner without feeling too guilty.:yay: