PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ring A Disney Song? (Ringtones)

MickeyMomOfThree
09-15-2008, 10:08 PM
This is very unimportant, I know, but for fun I thought I'd ask. So, I have to get a new cell phone and I will loose my current ringtone. I am thinking maybe it is time for a new one. I love the one I have right now, "Kiss The Girl" from The Little Mermaid. Whenever it goes off everyone knows it is mine. I was thinking of switching it to "Under The Sea". I am very cheap, so once I pay for one I will have it until I need a new phone (hopefully many years), so I was wondering what some other people have to see if I should get a new one or not (mybe I will like one of yours...)

Like I said, with all going on in the world I know this is silly, I guess that is kind of why I am asking--- just for fun.

lucigo
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
If you can find the thread a while back someone posted a free site to download ring tones! I got WAll-E for my text messages, and I got soarin and the Disney commercial theme and some epcot music :thumbsup2

MickeyMomOfThree
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, thanks for the tip. I better go to bed and look in the morning or I might not get any sleep tongiht. That is great, I appreciate it...

meliss8599
09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Peter Pan--"You Can Fly" is mine! I really want to get Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious next.

weesignlanguage
09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
My phone ring is "Yo ho...yo ho...a Pirate's Life for Me" from the ride! My email is the "por favor mantegnese" spill from the monorails!! HA!! :lmao:

Neesy228
09-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Not a song, but my phone rings (like an old fashion phone ringing) and Minnie says, "Oh! I wonder if it's Mickey calling!" :laughing:

Every time my phone rings now my 2 year olds eyes get really big and she screams, "Momma, Mickey!"

wlwilliams9
09-15-2008, 11:13 PM
It's A Small World is my ringtone!!

#1 Pocahontas
09-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Mine also does the Minnie voice, "Oh, I wonder if it's Mickey calling" and my text message is "True Loves Kiss" from Enchanted. :thumbsup2

DVCajun
09-16-2008, 02:52 AM
I love mine -- it's a ring tone with Donald's voice saying, "telephone call for you..... hurry up, I want to see who's calling....," etc. His voice cracks me up! :goodvibes

fireman17
09-16-2008, 04:47 AM
My ring tone is an old fashion ring with Mickey yelling "telephone"! Then it goes on with him saying different phrases.

christa112
09-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Mine use to be Cruella DeVille, but I have changed it since then.

The Disney Bunch
09-16-2008, 05:29 AM
I have several disney tunes on mine - Yo, Ho, Yo Ho - pirates for some friends. Nemo for basic rings, The monorail warning for a good amount of them.
I got mine from Myxer & phonezoo.

Vickibean
09-16-2008, 05:42 AM
"Yo Ho, Yo Ho" for XH's calls. "When you wish upon a star" for a few friends" and "Starlight, Starlight, first star I see tonight" from Wishes for the general calls.

Think_Tink_Think
09-16-2008, 05:52 AM
If you go to myxer.com you can get free Disney ring tones sent to your phone. You do have to make sure that you have text on your phone because that's how the ring tones are sent.

blessedby3
09-16-2008, 06:07 AM
If you go to myxer.com you can get free Disney ring tones sent to your phone. You do have to make sure that you have text on your phone because that's how the ring tones are sent.

Are these sent by text or picture? I can get texts, but have pictures blocked because I was accidentally opening up some web thingy and getting charged. I would love to find ringtones I can get by text.

8 Ears
09-16-2008, 06:10 AM
I do not have any thing Disney for my ringtone as apparetnly I got an "inexpensive" phone and can not download them. :confused3 I know it is not me though as one of my friends has the same phone with a teenage daughter and we have been informed! :laughing:

For my answering message I do have Yo ho, Yo Ho....... pirate:

Looking into new phones for all 4 of us for Christmas and you can be sure that I will buy one that I am able to download ring tones!!:snooty:

fortheluvofpooh
09-16-2008, 06:25 AM
kind of ,,....I have "thats just the way we roll" by the jo-bros

wife5080
09-16-2008, 06:32 AM
I loved "Kiss the Girl" too but found it too quiet so I switched to "The Circle of Life" from The Lion King on Broadway.

Jennygt
09-16-2008, 07:04 AM
I just tried but they said they can't download to verizon, they did leave some other options but I am pretty dumb with computer issues.

MickeyMomOfThree
09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
I loved "Kiss the Girl" too but found it too quiet so I switched to "The Circle of Life" from The Lion King on Broadway.

I would love that but would probably get teary eyed everytime my phone rang. I loved that show so much, but I could not turn the waterworks off during the whole thing.
"He Lives In You" would really get the eyes flowing... that was amazing...

idieh
09-16-2008, 07:30 AM
When my DW calls my phone plays "The Bare Necessities" and when DS calls it G & R's "Sweet Child of Mine"! Not Disney but it's perfect...

Rylee
09-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I have several Disney Ringtones.

I set it up so that as each of my daughter's cell phones call my phone, it's a different ringtone for their incoming call. I know who is calling me before I look or answer.

For all other incoming calls, Donald Duck, says...

*phone rings*
Telephone!
*phone continues to ring*
Where is that contraption?
*phone still ringing*
WILL SOMEBODY GET THE PHONE!
#%*@#!"

I wish my DS7 had a cell phone... I would set it so when he called me, it would ring, The Bear Necessities!

Ever since he was younger, he would sing...

Look for the bare a SESAME
The simple bare a SESAME
Forget about your worries and your LIFE
I mean the bare a SESAME
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare SESAME of life

We still haven't corrected him. :rotfl:

donac
09-16-2008, 07:36 AM
I got several last month from the place mentioned. But lost them when my phone got wet and died. Have to reload them.

Dh eletric light parade
ds1 tail spin
ds2 POC
twin sister we are siamese if you please(from Lady and the Tramp

WDWMaiselFamilyWDW
09-16-2008, 07:38 AM
I love mine -- it's a ring tone with Donald's voice saying, "telephone call for you..... hurry up, I want to see who's calling....," etc. His voice cracks me up! :goodvibes

I have this one too! It's awesome and gets a smile from everyone who hears it! I also have several songs from Enchanted (True Love's Kiss for when DH calls, Happy Working Song for my fave sis-in-law).

ChristusG
09-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Ooooh, thanks for posting that myxer site! I never knew about it and always downloaded my ringtones through AT&T. This site has MUCH more....and for FREE!

heimlichfan
09-16-2008, 08:11 AM
My regular ringtone is music from the Main Street Electrical Parade...

My ringtone for my DH is from the monorail, "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangse alejado de los puertas."

Love it every time I hear it!

MommaSnowwhite
09-16-2008, 08:13 AM
I have the Mickey March on mine for every thing. I get the funniest looks from people when I am out and about. I just smile!

eaj1228
09-16-2008, 08:19 AM
I have the Mickey March on mine for every thing. I get the funniest looks from people when I am out and about. I just smile!

I have the same ring on mine. When I was at DTD I would hear the Mickey March and I would think it was my phone only to have no one calling.:lmao:

striker3636
09-16-2008, 08:30 AM
We have "Wishes" on ours....takes me back every time I hear the cell ring.

dizluvr71
09-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I have "Wishes" for my default ringtone, then DH is "Kiss The Girl", DS is "Yo Ho" and for DD "It's A Small World".

momof5boys
09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I have part of the music from illuminations! I also have Soarin but switched it a few months ago.

mommyintn
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
My ringer is "Yo-ho, Yo-ho a Pirates Life for me....." I love it because I always feel like I'm at Disney when it rings. I may add a new one for our trip in Feb, hmmm....

geniegirl
09-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks, I love this. For Verizon it is a bit harder but it is still doable. You just need to send an e-mail with the file attached then open and save the tone. I'm getting them all.

Hedy
09-16-2008, 12:30 PM
My default is "EverAfter" from Enchanted. My texts are the monorail spiel, which never fails to conufse people-it's also the ring for my youngest brother and his DW.
Barely WDw related, but my viocemail ring is defing gravity from Wicked. I heart mxyxer.com

magchavez
09-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I have Hakuna Matata and I love it!

Mary.Poppins
09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Mine is Fantasmic

PrinceCharmingsMom
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
It's the Mickey Mouse Club Theme Song for me, my mom is Circle of Life and my Dad is Zip a dee do dah!

TheRatPack
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
I have Pirates of the Caribbean for my husband when he dials me :)

nikkistevej
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I have Life is a Highway- Rascal Flatts- from Cars.

MissFitt
09-16-2008, 04:24 PM
My ring tone is an old fashion ring with Mickey yelling "telephone"! Then it goes on with him saying different phrases.

That's mine too and when the first ring goes off my kids yell with Mickey, "TELEPHONE!"

I've gotten plenty of strnge looks when it goes off and people can't see who's talking :confused3

Think_Tink_Think
09-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Are these sent by text or picture? I can get texts, but have pictures blocked because I was accidentally opening up some web thingy and getting charged. I would love to find ringtones I can get by text.

I get them by text.

luvsmickeymouse
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I have two songs from Enchanted!

FSUDisneyGirl
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Fantasmic...I made it on I-tunes! :goodvibes

tedisney
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
I have "Hot Dog" from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse Disney, since my DD2 is obsessed with the show.

MickeyMomOfThree
09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tips on how to get them free. I love that. And I love all of your songs. I have some thought in the next week of what to do. Maybe a song for each person is in order...

jfegan
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't know if I spelled that right, but Supercalafragalisticexpalidocious is my ringtone...that was to reming me daily about my upcoming trip. Any when my DH calls it's and old fashioned ring followed by Mater's (Cars) voive saying "It's them bells I been hearing" and then something about the ghostlight. I almost don't answer I like to hear it ring so much:goodvibes .

chrisann
09-17-2008, 07:56 AM
on a cell phone? I would love it!!!

chrisann
09-17-2008, 08:14 AM
My regular ringtone is music from the Main Street Electrical Parade...

My ringtone for my DH is from the monorail, "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangse alejado de los puertas."

Love it every time I hear it!

How did your dh do the monorail one? My frinds would think I've gone completely mad if I got that on my phone!!!

Tinkmom75
09-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Hello,
If it's sent via text message do you have to pay a download fee also?:confused3

AUDramaQueen
09-17-2008, 08:39 AM
on a cell phone? I would love it!!!

Myxer had the Boo To You song from the parade. Is that what you were looking for?

They also have the monorial spiel available.

I followed the directions for verizon last night, but am still waiting for it to come through...

kim929
09-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I have tried to get ring tones from mxyer for my tmobile phone but it won't let me, anyone else have problems getting ring tones. It sends me the link when I type it in it says it won't go thru.

jackskellingtonsgirl
09-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Mine rings "Bibbity Bobbity Boo" right now, but it is almost time to switch to "This Is Halloween". I also have the theme from the Black Pearl from the Pirates movie.

DH and I are both eligible for upgrades next month though, and I don't know if I can transfer these ring tones to me new phone. May have to pay for all new ones!

disneymoon0606
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
"Under the Sea" from Little Mermaid. My DH turned the first part of the actual song into a ring tone for me. I LOVE it!

disney.nut
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
I have the Monorail saying and It's A Small World for mine.

bnf2
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
My regular ring is from the Aristocats: "Everybody Wants to be a Cat"

My alarm each morning is Jiminy Cricket and Wishes.

I also have the Tiki Room that I use sometimes and I just got the new theme song from the new movie "Bevery Hills Chihuahua"

Taken from the Freebie thread: Free Ringtone of Beverly Hills Chihuahua

Text BHCTONE to DISNEY (347639) for your exclusive Beverly Hills Chihuahua ringtone (Standard text message rates apply).

kbtennant
09-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Mine used to be Beauty and the Beast, then Under the Sea, then the Mickey Mouse March, now it's Bibbidi Bobbidee Boo

LorlovesStitch
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I have the Perry the Platypus Theme Song (from Phineas and Ferb)
:rotfl2:

He's the semi-aquatic egg layin mammal of action,
He's the furry little flat foot who never flinched from a fray,
He's got more than just mad skills,
He's got a beavers tail and bill,
And the women swoon whenever they hear him say.
*platypus sound*,
He's Perry,
Perry the Platypus!!

Sometimes I miss calls, because I have to hear the whole thing!!!

Rora
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Mine is the song from the Mainstreet Electrical Parade.:thumbsup2

disneyfan2
09-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Where do you get all these??? I tried a free site before with Disney songs and they text you but i could not get the link to work on my Samsung Telus phone. There is no pay option of Disney songs with Telus (Canada) i received a text message from the freebie site and i could not get it to work on mine,. Anyone in CANADA have a link to Disney ringtones :confused3

BellAbbeys Mom
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
WOW you guys have some GREAT tones..

I have Bippity and Supercali.....

I have Sprint, anyone know how to get additional tones??

Ephany
09-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Myxer had the Boo To You song from the parade. Is that what you were looking for?

I followed the directions for verizon last night, but am still waiting for it to come through...

We downloaded some of the ringtones last night to our verizon phones. Some of the emails (from my personal email account with the ringtone added as an attachment) just didn't come through. I think one in particular had to be sent 3, maybe 4 times before it hit my phone as a text message.

Disneyfanatic108
09-18-2008, 05:58 AM
I have tried to get ring tones from mxyer for my tmobile phone but it won't let me, anyone else have problems getting ring tones. It sends me the link when I type it in it says it won't go thru.

I had trouble with my t-mobile too. Ended up being that I needed to have internet connection on the phone.

Donna
09-18-2008, 09:06 AM
My home phone (mickey phone) has Small World,zippa dee doo dah,, OH BOY (mickey talking), mickey mouse club march. I switch off when i want a new one.
my cell phone is Jiminy Cricket singing When you wish upon a star. i think i also have beauty and the beast on there too somewhere.

Jennyvelaz
09-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Bibbidi Bobbidee Boo

Me, too!
People know it's my phone when it rings!

cinjam
09-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I have Crush & Squirt, from Finding nemo, talking for when my DH calls (Woow that was so cool...You so totally rock Squirt....Now give me some fin...noggin....Duuuude!). I love that!

DH has the theme from POTC for his ring tone & ring back.

I got Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo & Stitch from myxer.com, but cannot get it installed as a ringtone (something new is going on between verizon & myxer) :sad2: I had to email it to myself & now I can't get it as a ringtone (but I can listen to it from my playlist) :confused3

kathymc
09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I have When you wish upon a star

Grendalynn
09-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I am glad to see there are others like me out there!! I always have a Disney Ring Tone! Or Jimmy buffett or Kenney Chesney, but usually Disney. It is especially helpful to get a call while shopping - as it makes me to remember to pinch my pennies and save for our Disney vacation. :goodvibes

I will have to check that out. Not sure if others have asked, but is there a fee or hidden fee included??

Right now i have So This Is Love from Snow-White... I will change that to DHs profile. I also have or have had:
Bibbity Bobbity Boo
Little Wonders
Zip a dee Doo Dah
Black PEarl
Pirates - Yo Ho
Bare Necessities
Cindarella - a wish is a dream that your heart makes (was very quiet I could never hear it...)
NExt to Download: When you Wish Upon a Star
Friend in Me
Anythingf rom NEmo
Mickey Mouse Club House song

I would love "somewhere beyond the sea" as my ringer, but US Cellular doesnt have it :(

I have even done my MySpace pages and songs in full Disney Layout! Looked especially nice after we got home from WDW and I added all our Disney Pictures and Photopass pictures!!

What a fun thread! :woohoo:

disneytriplets
09-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I have "Under the Sea". I'm going to go check out those free ones!

letthewookiewin
09-18-2008, 03:07 PM
I have several ringtones on my Samsung Blackjack and I am going to put more on (especially for the holidays).
My DH - The main theme from PotC : The Black Pearl soundtrack
My mom - The main theme from Raiders of the Lost Arc
My DS's school & my alarm for our ADR for our Disney trip - Mickey Mouse March
Anyone else - The Emperial March from Star Wars

I also have the main them from Dances with Wolves, but have not assigned it to anyone yet.

Kim1964
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I used to have the theme from The Lion King (I Just Can't Wait to be King). Now I have "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2.....I did that mostly to make my kids laugh, but it actually kind of describes me:).

Ariel'07
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Now I have "Fabulous" from High School Musical 2.....I did that mostly to make my kids laugh, but it actually kind of describes me:).

:rotfl: My DD made me put this on my cell phone too! My DH says it describes me to a "T"! C'mon, who doesn't want Fabulous???

Brise Nannie
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I had a few on my phone (Mickey Mouse March, When You Wish Upon a Star, Under the Sea, and one from Beauty & the Beast) but lost them when the phone broke. I miss them and hope to get some new ones when I get a new phone. Hey DH...are you listening? :listen:

BrandyC1974
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Mine is "kiss the girl" from the little mermaid. My DD8 picked it out. Her favorite movie is the little mermaid. She wants to "call" me just so that she can hear the song!! :lmao:

chrisann
09-18-2008, 09:36 PM
it lets me download but then when I go to play it, it says it can't open file:confused3

disneyfan2
09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
it lets me download but then when I go to play it, it says it can't open file:confused3

Who is your carrier? I have Telus, and i can't do it with them? They told me i can only use there ring tones that i need to purchase but they have no disney :confused3

letthewookiewin
09-19-2008, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the info on Myxer!! I was able to get the "Boo To You" song added to my phone and will use it until Halloween for general calls. Also, I was able to get several more good ones. I got Cruella DeVil from the original Dalmations movie. My youngest son picked the Pirate song from the PotC ride for his school. My oldest son picked S.O.S. by the Jonas Brothers for his school. For my sister I got the Monty Python song "Bright Side of Life" and my brother got their "Lumberjack" song.

we're all mad here
09-19-2008, 09:26 AM
I have a few
*Boo to You
*How do you do? from Splash Mtn
*How do you do? just music
*Main St Electrical Parade
*Music in Me

janets
09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I went to mxyer and would love to download the monorail line but can't figure out how to find all of the Disney music and stuff on the site. Can someone point me in the right direction for finding all of it?

chrisann
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Who is your carrier? I have Telus, and i can't do it with them? They told me i can only use there ring tones that i need to purchase but they have no disney :confused3

Mine is Fido

letthewookiewin
09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
I went to mxyer and would love to download the monorail line but can't figure out how to find all of the Disney music and stuff on the site. Can someone point me in the right direction for finding all of it?
If you type in Disney in the white box beside the green and white "Search Now" button, you can find a ton of Disney stuff. To make it easier to find the monorail stuff, put in Disney monorail. I just did it and it came up with 3 different options for the Disney monorail spiel. I hope that helps.:goodvibes