PDA

View Full Version : Finding your Stroller in the Sea of Strollers

1hero2princesses
09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
So I will have two mac stollers on the trip and want to be able to find them but I don't want to do anything permanant to mark them as I will eventually in a year or two sell them if they are in good shape. I am thinking tie some ribbon on them? Any ideas? I really don't have the time or talent to make a sign. I don't want to buy two balloons everyday..... Geezz I don't even think we own a bandana or a scarf. I am out of thoughts! I think I am brain dead from planning and packing.

blessedby3
09-15-2008, 04:16 PM
I always go to Walmart and get some kind of bright tacky ribbon and tie a big bow on the handles of the stroller so its easier to see. I also tie the same ribbon on the handles of my suitcases so that they are easier to spot when they come off the conveyor belt at the airport.

Erin13178
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
What about bright colored hair ties?

We just left the airplane tag on our stroller, it was hot pink, and that worked just find for us. Just an fyi, it was not very crowded at all when we were there last week so it wasn't too hard to find your stroller.

asoko
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Are you connecting them? We had two strollers last year and they were easy to find even after CM moved them because we used the stroller connectors to attach them to each other. We didn't have to waste time looking for two, once we spotted one, we had them both.

3doodlebugsmom
09-15-2008, 05:37 PM
We went three summers ago, crowds and all. Not sure what you call them, but I put one of those long curled ribbons (multi-colored) that you would decorate a gift bag or raffle basket with on the handle of our stroller. It worked great, and made our stroller very easy to spot! We were there for ten days. We cut the ribbon off when we got home.

tjmw2727
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
We used a couple dollar store bandanas, they were as cheap as ribbons and as easy (or easier) to spot because we bought crazy ones.

TJ

allie1078
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
I got a couple of spools of bright fun colors of ribbon from walmart fabric department. they were about an inch and a half wide so it made a big bow on the handles. then about half way through our trip we went to ohana's for bk and received lei's and one of them got wrapped around the stroller handles too.

vanreg
09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
We flew the last 2 years and used the "gate check" tags. We never took them off when we arrived....one was bright orange and the other was bright green.....worked like a charm!

connie1042
09-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I bought red,yellow and black ribbon to tie on the handle of one of our strollers also clued mickey bottle caps that they use for scraping, and the great paint chips from home depot. Then I sewed a rectangle and put iron on letters on them with our last name. I stitched these on the hood of the stroller. They will be able to come off easy when we get home. That was for the red stroller. I did the same thing for the green stroller, just different colors so they would match the stroller.

Belle1962
09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
I went to Wal Mart and look at the bandanas. I close my eyes and then opened them--the first color I was drawn to I bought--bright orange. I purchased two (about a dollar a piece) and tied one to the stroller (kept one as a spare). Worked like a charm!

If you use ribbon use WIDE ribbon not skinny string.

Jennia
09-16-2008, 11:09 AM
We have giant luggage tags that we use. Our "travel" stroller has a giant ladybug shaped tag which has made it stand out for us.

Ashlander
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
We bought dog bandannas at the Magic Kingdom. It was the first thing we did the last trip. There is a dog store as soon as you walk into the MK. They are bright red with Stitch on them.

cheesemouse
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Last year at DL we used colored electrical tape. sounds weird but works great. comes in a variety of colors. we used bright yellow on the front tray/snack area and blue on the handle. we wrapped the handle with the blue tape kind of like the red stripe on a candy cane. the tape comes off easily and doesn't destroy your stroller.

We then also left our plane check tag on it and lastly we bought one of the big balloons the first day at the park and tied it to the handle. Our son was delighted with the balloon and it was still entirely inflated 5 days later when we left.

Debbie7452
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
After dark we found our rental easily in a sea of strollers parked in a dark area by having a glow necklace in the netted pocket area. We had brought glow bracelets and necklaces from the dollar store and our little one got tired of wearing it so we stuck it in the pocket and it turned out to be a real life saver!

Aliceacc
09-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I got a bandanna for ours.

But what helped the most was the Orange!! poncho we got from the dollar store (or was it Walmart??) before we left home? Our stroller stood out from a mile away and stayed dry, even during the beginning of Tropical Storm Fay.

3girls4me05
09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I made a sign using hot pink cardstock paper. I laminated it and secured it with a plastic tie (the kind you have to cut off). Worked great!