PDA

View Full Version : We needed a laugh...

Huskerfamilyof5
09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
My DD (12) recently entered puberty, if you know what I mean. In trying to keep track of her monthly visitor, I warned her this week she should be careful. She then announced to the household, "I haven't gotten my period." To which her younger sister, age 8, announced, "But I got my weekly reader." I thought my DH was going to fall out of his chair laughing so hard. I still don't think my DD (8) knew exactly why we were laughing, but she laughed too. My poor DH needs to laugh, living in a house with four females! I told him it will only get worse, to which he said, thanks! He is still planning on building his "man cave" when DD (8) is a little older.:rotfl2:

WDWMaiselFamilyWDW
09-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Hilarious story! :rotfl:

Have a great first trip! :cheer2:

WDWMaiselFamilyWDW
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Hilarious story! :rotfl:

Have a great first trip! :cheer2:

I meant a great first FAMILY trip...

pooh4evr
09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
AHHH a glimpse of my future! 3 girls here too!

davidsprincess
09-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Your husband doesn't stand a chance! :sad2:

MOMO2DK
09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
My husband turned red, almost choked, and had to leave the dinner table when my daughter and her friend announced over dinner that this year at school they get to watch the 'puberty video'. Picture my husband 6', 200lb offshore fisherman, man amongst men, all choked up. It's not that he doesn't want to know that his daughter is going through puberty- he just does NOT want to be part of a discussion that involves the details. He was left speechless, and I laughed for days!!

MickeyMomOfThree
09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
We are a family of 3 girls here too. Several years ago my husband went a little overboard with a playhouse for the girls. It is like 12 X 8, way too big. Anyway, he told people it was where he'd be living when the oldest hit puberty. He hasn't moved in yet, but she is in full blown teenage girl mode, if he doesn't move out there soon, I MIGHT!!!:rotfl:

gr8leg8
09-15-2008, 07:33 PM
our pediatrician shared her husbands very sage words:

"I've been plagued by the three B's
Barney,
Barbie,
and
Bikini"

She also shared this great moment where she was walking down the toy aisle
with her middle daughter looking at the Barbies. Upon spotting a Ken as Doctor her daughter asks
"Mommy can boys be doctors?"
to which our wonderfully wise Pediatrician mom responds
"Yes. If they work very hard, even boys can become doctors"

We love her :love:

The Disney Bunch
09-15-2008, 07:38 PM
that is funny - we have 3 girls here too!

my dh always says that when they hit puberty, he is taking a job with lots of traveling!

swkmom
09-16-2008, 12:12 AM
These are cute stories!

My DD 12 recently needed a new supply of feminine products from the store. I went to Walmart to get a few things and was putting away the items. My DD was in her room so I asked her younger brother to take them to her. When he took them to her he asked her what they were for. She told him they were for headaches and when you have one you just stick it to your forehead!:rotfl: I just hope he doesn't try to remedy a headache on his own anytime soon!:lmao:

Huskerfamilyof5
09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
AHHH a glimpse of my future! 3 girls here too!

Thanks, I see you are a Mizzou fan, me too. I am a alumni from Dec, 1992. The Husker reference is from my husband. I have threatened to change it:hug:

Keara'sMom
09-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

My dd11 has not yet gotten her period (I think it'll be a while, 'cause she's really petite), but I've joked with my dh that I'm guessing my dd will hit puberty when I'm going through menopause! He doesn't think it's very funny...;)

davidsprincess
09-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

My dd11 has not yet gotten her period (I think it'll be a while, 'cause she's really petite), but I've joked with my dh that I'm guessing my dd will hit puberty when I'm going through menopause! He doesn't think it's very funny...;)

I was having 3 week periods when my mom started to go through menopause. My poor dad never stood a chance!:rotfl: