PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Dopeygirl
03-06-2002, 02:21 PM
With a little "push" from a couple posters, I've finally gotten around to creating a post that I thought would be helpful for a while now. This board does get crowded with threads about Cinderella's and I know other threads can get overlooked, so hopefully this will help! :)

Need advice on how to get a breakfast PS? Want some encouragement? Have questions? Need to vent? This thread is the place to do just that!

As a place to start, why not read gthorson's excellent tips (http://www.disboards.com/showarchiv.php?s=&action=showarchiv&archivid=66523) on how to best to get a PS from CRO.

<i><b>Please note: Trading of PS's is not permitted on the Restaurant Board and will be deleted</b></i>

DisneyLisa
05-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Congratulations Tinkbell...enjoy your meal in "the castle"...I'm sure your grandmother will love it.

Lisa

Sharper
05-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Having eaten in the castle perhaps five times (breakfast three, lunch two) and always luckily encountering at least Cinderella, I can appreciate the thrill of being there. However, I have no desire to go after my last breakfast experience. It was entirely too expensive for a family to be given pre-plated food which we barely touched. Why anyone would want to eat a plate of fried everything -- eggs, sausage, whatever, YUCK! -- then go into the park is beyond me. Very, very poor choice of food. I might be more tempted to try to catch one of the princesses downstairs and skip that costly, heavy meal........

Jay'sPrincess
05-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Lisa - you are so right. In my excitement I must have lost my brain! :bounce: It's for Tuesday, July 16. I called on the 17th...

DisneyLisa
05-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Great, I just didn't want you to have your dates wrong. Can you imagine going to all that trouble to get ressies for CRT, thinking you made them for a certain day, then showing up on that day & finding out you didn't have any :( . It would be so disappointing to find out you'd made such a mistake. When I made my PS for CRT I didn't even specify the date & after reading your post, called Dining to make sure I had booked the correct day.

Anyway, glad everything is fine & enjoy your trip.

Lisa

swanmom
05-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Well, I've tried three straight days now. By following the kind advice posted here, I always get through right as the phones open and then I'm put on hold. By the time, they pick up (7:02 each of the past three days) the PS's are gone! Send your good thoughts for tomorrow - it's my last chance!

UPDATE: GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM, GOT 'EM !!!!!
Got PS for Cindy's on our last chance day! Yahoo!!

Jay'sPrincess
05-23-2002, 05:30 PM
Thanks Lisa. That would be a major dissapointment. Especially showing up the day after!

And we are going to be at WDW at the same time! That is exciting. I am going to be at the AKL from 7-14 through 7-18. Then we are going on the Wonder for a 3 day cruise.

Thank you again.

safaulk
09-01-2002, 09:51 AM
My family (husband and three daughters--13, 6, and 3) and I will be going to WDW Sept. 21-29, 2002. I have called numerous times trying to catch a cancellation at Cindy's or at the Princess Storybook breakfast for any of the dates that we will be there. No luck yet. Anybody have any reservations that they will not be using? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Shelly

BALAMAV
09-01-2002, 11:16 AM
We will be there Sept 21-28. I called 60 days out everyday for the whole week. I got the Cindy's ressies on the last day. When I called for Storybook Princes I call right after they put it into effect. I think it was the end of July. They were almost book. I think CRO must be telling people to book it when thy can't get Cindy's. The only bad thing is we go to Cindy's on Thurs and Storybook on Fri. I was hoping to spred them out a little. But I have a 4 and a 6 year old who think they are princess so they won't care. They are turning 5 and 7 on our trip so we are celebrating the whole week we are there. Good luck. I watch a few other boards if I see anything I will post here again

dislov2000
09-01-2002, 11:49 AM
I called first thing yesterday morning and got right on the phone...no holding....but then realized I called a day early...yikes..then I called again this morning...again I started dialing at 6:54!!! just kept hitting the re-dial button...6:59 ...CM came on!!! I got in Halloween Morning!! 9:10 breakfast with Cindy party of 8 ........1 child!! I am doing the happy dance!! to find cheaper princess jewels (http://nutztogo.com) go under "products" then under "pixie jewels!! Lots of good stuff!!!
denise:o :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Joyce DC
09-03-2002, 12:01 PM
I tried to book Cindy's for 10/30 (my birthday) for 5 people, but the restaurant was booked by 7:02. If anyone here has a reservation for 10/30 which they end up cancelling, would you please let me know? I am calling every day to see if something has opened up. I know this is a real long shot, but hope springs eternal! Thanks very much.

Joyce

my4girls
09-03-2002, 01:56 PM
I got through today!!! We tried calling at 7:00am and my sister got through we needed a table for 7 . The CM said no problem she had two seatings. As she was booking the 8:55 time slot she said one of the tables got booked, no need to worry she still had room at 10:00 but as she was booking that it also disappeared.
Now she only had a table for 2 left. Figure that one out. Anyway we did not get ps for Nov 2. I phoned back later and asked if anything else was available and I got a table for 7 on Oct. 31 at 9:55.. yah hoo!!! just keep trying who nows what will pop open!!

MinnieGi
09-05-2002, 11:11 AM
Hooray, we have a ps at Cindy's for Nov. 4th at 8:20!!
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their hints about getting this ps. This was my second day calling and got right through with today. I started dialing at 6:57 and just kept hitting the redial till a cm answered.

Last year I was not so well informed and was unable to get a ps. So I'm really excited! DD just turned two and her favortie princess is Cinderella. She makes DH and I read her Cinderella storybook over and over again. She's going to be Cinderella for Halloween and I'll have her wear her costume to breakfast. I can't wait to see her face when she meets "Princess La" as she calls her!!!

Thanks again for the good tips!

Gi

lizdotcom99
09-07-2002, 07:18 AM
Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets? I am getting really frustrated and almost to the point of tears. I am a grown woman and am wondering if it is really necessary to cry over not getting CRT ressies for breakfast...... I have tried for the past 4 days and no luck.... I have used every tip on this board and I think I have talked to every CRO person that works at Disney to see if there are any cancellations from November 4th on......one last day to try....wish me luck..... arghhhhhhh...

magical4u
09-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by lizdotcom99
Is this breakfast really worth all of the attention it gets?
Oh Liz... I understand.
Is it worth the effort? It depends on your frame of mind... Do you have DD's you are taking OR did you simply *ADORE* the Disney princesses growing up? or love them now?
The feeling a grown woman can get when walking up those stairs and entering into the magnificent dining room with a view... is chill bumpy... then... as Cinderella walks up to your table... you actually LOSE it for a moment... and think SHE IS Cinderella! And she IS!

If you are taking a young one... the look in their eyes when Cinderella TALKS... to THEM is priceless (you probably look the same way!)

Pleeeease try again... and don't give up on cancellations.

When we secured ours for the week prior to your stay... we had 4 people calling... all of us got through at 5:58 Central standard time. Just follow EXACTLY the directions in the first post of this thread... you can do it!:Pinkbounc

magical4u
09-07-2002, 01:05 PM
I am cancelling ONE of our reservations for Cinderellas royal table.

It is for October 20th, 2002 for 4 people

I will be cancelling it at 3:00 PM Central Standard Time

So if you want a ressie during that moring... CALL at 3:01!! HA!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: GOOD LUCK! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

dislov2000
09-07-2002, 03:54 PM
I know you are frustrated.....and this is just my 2 cents..It is worth my time and effort to get into Cinderella's breakfast...I imagine you have never eaten at the castle....but to me it's something I do each and every trip...My favorite character is Cinderella.....infact my daughter and I have a whole room full of Cindereall collectables.......some even from the "US Mint" and we have a few things autographed by her....When you go into the castle you are treated with "Royalty".. you can feel it in the air and the way they talk to you !!! It's sooooo beautiful and you do feel like you are inside a real castle!! The food is good I love the chocolate muffins!!! and then sooooo much one on one with all the characters! I myself a grown woman of 45 years gets a Cinderella and Me picture each and every time!! I do have to note her.......don't give up....even call the day before you leave they open like 5 tables a day one of the CM's told me!! but I got right in the other morning when I called!! I starte calling at 5 minutes to 7 and I just kept hitting the re-dial button every time the recording came on......then........at 6:58 a person was there!!!
I am in for October 31st!!!

denise
I am wishing you luck!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :p :p

Jjacqjob
09-08-2002, 06:53 AM
I just came back from vacation and waking up early to secure those breakfast reservations was certainly worth it. My daughter was soo excited ( as was my mother!!)

The castle inside was beautiful (in fact, I would love to explore the whole thing). Breakfast was such a good experience, that we were lucky enough to secure a dinner reservation one night.

My next goal is to eat dinner there a little bit later when it is dark out and they have the candles lit on the tables. (From the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland I bet you can look in and see the candles flickering!!)

I say, GO FOR IT!!

lizdotcom99
09-08-2002, 11:18 AM
I got it on my last day of trying!!!!! I am very excited. Thanks to all for their ideas, encouragement and spreading of Pixie Dust!! It was very much appreciated. I will elt you all know how well worth it this was on my trip report once I get back. Thanks again.

Liz and Greg:
sunny:

KathyR
09-08-2002, 03:29 PM
lizdotcom99-
Congrats!!! I am so happy you were able to finally get it!!! I hope you have a great time :)

psumommy
09-09-2002, 02:53 PM
I am still disappointed that after 4 days of waking up early to call for priority seating to Cinderella's Royal Table, i am left with nothing. I was really hoping to take my 2 year old daughter who is just in love with Cinderella and the princess' to this, but have had to settle for a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. I myself, have not been to Disney World in over 15 years, so this is all new to me and I am excited of course, but just a little let down that we'll have no breakfast with Cinderalla. I envy all of you who are able to succeed in calling..

Oh well..I guess the trip will still be fun..

Carissa

magical4u
09-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by psumommy
I was really hoping to take my 2 year old daughter who is just in love with Cinderella and the princess' to this, but have had to settle for a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Carissa

Hey Carissa...
I am sorry you did not get through... I know it is frustrating.

Make sure you at least visit the castle during lunch time... Cinderella makes appearances in the lobby during the day. Your daughter will be able to sit on her lap on her throne... and talk with her. And you will get that great- all important picture!

Have a wonderful vacation!:)

wdwpluto
09-10-2002, 06:22 AM
None here either. Guess my soon to be hubby will have to cope (he really wanted to eat in the castle with all the 'ladies' as he put it ;) ) Oh well!

Lori

dislov2000
09-10-2002, 06:47 AM
Just don't give up!! Remember when your in the park...stop at the castle for cancelations......and no shows!! call the morning you want it before you leave your room!! Some tables open up the same day....You just never know....I heard people getting in walking up and asking......!! You have to BELIEVE!!
denise :bounce: :Pinkbounc :o :p

Lora
09-11-2002, 03:34 PM
I have reservations for Oct. 7th at 8:05am for 2 adults, 2 children. However....my daughter would rather do the Storybook Princess breakfast that day for her birthday since we're doing the Cinderella one the next week for her sister's birthday. The Epcot one is booked, but I'm SURE that someone who has a reservation there that day would actually rather be at the castle. BUT - there's no way I can do a switch with the new rules, etc. What a dilemma. ;)

For all those w/ not reservations...keep trying!

NovDis
09-12-2002, 06:20 AM
I tried today for Nov 11th, but they were booked. If anyone plans to cancel one for that day, please let me know. Thanks. I guess I will keep trying for the other days of our stay and rearrange our itinerary if we get one. Good luck everyone.

SamanthaL
09-12-2002, 02:32 PM
i missed it for November 8. If anyone is cancelling for that day could you let me know? Here is my e-mail samanthaloureiro@yahoo.com. I don't know how to do the PM thing. Thanks.

Johnathan's Mom
09-13-2002, 08:13 AM
We have tried here for the past 3 years and have never had success yet.

If anyone is cancelling for Nocember 8, 9, or 10. Could you please E Mail Me at BasketLuv@msn.com

We have a party of 7!
ThanksNovember 8, 9, or 10.
Carla

heidica
09-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Thanks to this board and all of your tips I was able to get PS for Cindy's on my first try!!!:D Living on the west coast, I set my alarm for 3:45am my time this morning and started dialing at 3:58am. I used both my cellphone and regular home phone to redial and I got through on my home phone 1st at 3:59am!!! I was put on hold for about 10 seconds, thinking for sure that by the time they picked up it would be too late. But when I live person came on, I blurted out my request and got PS for 8:55am on November 13. I was hoping for an earlier time but as they say, beggers can't be choosers. This was the day I really wanted it for so I am really happy about that. :p I will call back every so often and see if an earlier time comes up. If not we can always check-in at the podium around 8:20 or so and see if they can seat us earlier than 8:55. It took about 4 minutes for her to get all of my information and when she was done, she checked for an earlier time but all the time were taken. When I gave the cast member my address, she said "boy, you got up early" and I said well that is what you have to do to get Cindy's, but that I was going right back to bed. Well, it took me awhile to fall back asleep because I was so jazzed that we were going to be eating with the Princesses. Yeah!!:earsgirl: :earsboy: Thanks for everyones tips and ideas, it paid off for me!!:sunny:

dislov2000
09-15-2002, 02:07 PM
See you did it! Yes you should check in early too the kids really love all the Princesses....and somethimes it's hard to get them out of the castle!! So make sure your early and if your using Park transportation you have to figure that time in too....depends where your staying!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I love eating with the Princesses!!!
denise

Boo'sMom
09-16-2002, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the tips....after 5 days of trying, and thinking we would never get in, my persistance paid off this morning. We're in for Nov. 15 at 8:15 am.....if you're there...look for a family of 5 with HUGE smiles...that's us!!!!!

MichelleC
09-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Will it be possible?? If not, I'm not worried, it'll just have to be every man for himself and I'll just try to get my family of 5 in. I may try to add my parents, though. I wonder if a group of 7 will be tough?

Thanks!

Michelle

laughinplace199
09-18-2002, 10:06 AM
Having never been there, I don't know how tough it is for a group of seven. However, I had no problem getting PS for a group of six in October. Good luck!

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo
09-19-2002, 07:19 AM
I'm so thrilled, I had to share. I"ve never called for breakfast reservations at Cinderellas, as we've always used early entry and didn't want to take time away from the rides, but my sister, husband, and another couple who've never been to WDW before are going in Nov, and I suggested it would be a great idea for them to try for this. Well, I kept redialing just before 7, and got 8:30 reservations for the one day they were wanting them, on my first try!! I followed all hints, except didn't want to be rude and interrupt the reservationist, and since he was brief anyway, I just quickly blurted out, "Hi, Cinderella's breakfast, Nov. 18, party of 4, earliest time!" He laughed and said I had it down perfectly, and I had the 8:30 that quickly. Good luck to everyone trying this week, and thanks to everyone's tips!

nkjzmom
09-19-2002, 01:43 PM
We were unable to get breakfast PS for 6 of us on Nov 18...so I went ahead and made one for 5:35 that evening. Now, my question is....IF they have fireworks that night, will we be able to see them well from inside? I will keep trying for the breakfast PS also but just wanted to know about the fireworks.

Thanks!

Boo'sMom
09-20-2002, 07:04 AM
nkjzmom,
You will not be able to see the fireworks from inside the castle. There are very few windows, mostly stained glass inside CRT.

nkjzmom
09-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks boo'smom, for the tip. The fireworks are not scheduled for that night so I guess there won't be anything to miss. I was disappointed about not getting PS for the CRT breakfast but am excited about having dinner there and being able to maybe leave the park a little later than most since it closes at 6 and we eat at 5:35. But I really wanted to get a PS somewhere early so that we could get into the park earlier and maybe even be done eating before the gates open and get a bit of a headstart. So I tried Tony's and got a PS for 8:05 with no problems. The CM was so helpful...she made sure that my son's birthday was noted and even went back to our dinner PS and noted it there also. Can anyone let me know how the character breakfast there has been going?

Willowwind
09-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Mom, hubby and I all woke up early and called this morning to try and get PS for Breakfast at Cindy's. We only are going to be there one day so I didn't think my chances were very high but we got in!!

I got stuck in que he**, mom was only offered a reservation for 2 (and we're a party of 3), but my DH, who's not even going to be there got through and snagged us a table!!

Yeah!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

dreaming
09-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I noticed this thread and wanted to share a strategy I posted last year that worked for me and some other DIS'ers. I'm sure its not full proof but it may help. Good luck to all!
First, realize that i have DSL which enables me to be on the web and my phone at the same time. This means I can go to www.atomictime.net and watch the atomic clock continously while I call. If you don't have this option I recommend the weather channel clock since it is almost 100% the same as the atomic clock. I always started calling between 6:55 and 6:58 just to get the number programmed in my phone and get used to hitting redial and the different messages. So, the real quest begins around 7:00. I timed my redials and it takes approximately seven seconds to connect once you hit redial. The ressie office seems to open somewhere around 7:00:15 or 7:00:20 according to atomic clock time, so i believe it is best to try to connect at approximately this time. I would try to make sure to hit redial at about 7:00:12 and hopefully this should either get you to a cm directly or the all agents busy message. a cm should pick up shortly. when they answer say: Cindy's character breakfast, party of _____, the date you want, earliest time available. By saying earliest time available I think this greatly increases your chances because they can give you the first one they find instead of having to search. they will then ask you some questions. answer clearly and precisely until they tell you you have the ressie's confirmed, then you can cry and blubber and thank them over and over again the way i did when i got mine!
I hope that alot of people who try this find it successful and the castle is filled with little princesses! If anyone has questions please feel free to email me. Goodluck and God Bless to all.

oops - reading on I realize that you now have to enter a number for crt after connecting? Didn't have to when I tried this last year. Well, at least maybe the atomic website may still help:)

SnoWhiteRabbit
09-23-2002, 07:14 AM
PSUMUMMY, Just wanted to make sure you know that there is another princess breakfast (in Epcot, in Norway). Maybe you can get a PS there...if your DD loves princesses, everyone is there, too, except Cinderella, but a little one would still be pretty excited to see Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, etc...

Good luck...and yes, your trip will still be fun no matter where you eat :rolleyes:

SnoWhiteRabbit
09-23-2002, 07:17 AM
Just checking if anyone is cancelling for any of these dates: 10.23, 10.24 or 10.25.....Please let me know if you are.

I'll still be calling each daying, looking for cancellations...so we'll see. We are going to the Sotrybook Princess breakfast on my DD's 4th birthday, so I am pretty excited about that...just thought we'd got to CRT, too, if we could.

Thanks!
danawp@optonline.net

southern-minnie
09-23-2002, 05:36 PM
YEAH!! We got ressies for Cindy's!!! I tried yesterday and they were sold out. My husband and my sister tried this morning and my husband was able to get through and make ressies for November 22 @ 9:00. So happy!! :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

Sarah
09-23-2002, 07:43 PM
I feel so much better reading these posts.... I tried 5 days in a row and to no avail...on day 5 when they were sold out at 7:02 am I just sat down and cried.

Here's my question: do cancellations ever happen? Should I try right at 7 for these also--or am I just running up one heck of a phone bill trying?

Thanks!
Sarah

MichelleC
09-23-2002, 07:52 PM
So, if I can't get a Cindy's PS for a certain day, should I just stay on with the operator and try for the Princess b-fast at Norway?

M

scottmel
09-23-2002, 09:29 PM
DON'T FRET! YOU WILL GET CINDY'S ONCE YOU ARE THERE! IT always happens to me..REmember check at 11 pm at yourfront desk of your hotel, they have access to dining records....people tired from teh parade, etc. Cancel

Lora
09-23-2002, 10:05 PM
If you want the Epcot breakfast as a back-up, I would book it now. You don't have to wait until 60 days out for the Epcot breakfast (unless there has been a change I don't know about).

WebmasterPenny
09-24-2002, 05:10 AM
Scottmel...I don't think that tactic will work for you any more. Cindy's requires a CC deposit now and your card will still be charged unless you cancel your PS more than 24 hours in advance. You could try for cancellations at the 24 hour stage I suppose, but my feel is that if a person has kept a PS that long, that they are unlikely to cancel for no reason.

scottmel
09-24-2002, 07:50 AM
Oh shoot, I never thought of the 24 hour rule...We leave tomorrow and I did secure both breakfasts months ago but they did not ask for my cc number for the Storybook breakfast, just Cindy's. So perhaps this tactic would work for the Epcot Breakfast?

travelitis
09-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Day 1 of the Cindy Lottery, and like the vast majority in lotteries I spent my money and came up empty-handed. I called back 3 times, and there are no cancellations at those particular moments.

Why don't they just have a character dinner or lunch here too and increase our odds?

sudiequ
09-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks to DopeyGirl and all who advise on this thread! I dreaded this morning calling for my Cindys ressie!! I didn't want to be getting up at 5:45 every morning trying to get in. Unfortunately, i fell back asleep, only to have DH wake me up and say "you only have 3 minutes":eek: . Well up i flew, I knew our clock wasn't set to the universal official time, so i could be late. I ran downstairs (blinded myself with lights :rolleyes: , and after 4 redials i got in! Talk about timing and luck! I doubt i would have gotten thru with the old system. Pixie dust to all trying to get ressies!!

Sue

welovespacemoutain
09-24-2002, 08:32 PM
On our last trip (2001), DH was in charge of calling in the am and he called me at 9:15 am and admitted he forget - I figured I would try anyway and they actually had something left (the CM was stunned). It CAN happen -- just don't count on it!! I think what must have happened was a family had multiple members calling in, several got lucky, and they had just called back in and cancelled one -- thus if you "fail" at 7:03, another call a little later wouldn't hurt. With the new deposit rules it is more likely reservations will come available once people sort through their plans (I know we will try for a seating each of the days and if we luck out with more than one we will keep the one that suits our schedule best).

travelitis
09-25-2002, 12:34 AM
I got up early, hit redial only once before getting through then waited my turn. I called back at 7:15, 7:30, 9:00 and then in the afternoon. Last trip I couldn't get Cindy's, but a few years ago we did get in. I try again on Wed, and I have a new strategy involving 3 instead of 2 phones.

MichelleC
09-25-2002, 06:15 AM
How can this be possible?? How can all the tables sell out within like 2-3 minutes??? I'm amazed. My sister had 2 phones going at the same time. One was saying office closed and she go through on the other. Weird.

The bad news is, I got through, but they were sold out. The good news is that my sister GOT A TABLE!! For 8 of us at 8:30am on our first morning!!

Here's my question: It' s the MK Extra Magic day (Sunday) and we are off site. How early can we get into the park withour PS? Not the best day to get a Cindy PS, I guess, but better than none!!
We'll still have other days to get to MK at rope drop.

Thanks!!

Michelle

MissyinNM
09-25-2002, 09:12 AM
For a variety of reasons, we have had to postpone our upcoming trip to WDW until January. Subsequently, I will be cancelling two reservations for CRT sometime this morning. Both reservations are for 6, one on October 1st at 8:25 and the other is on October 6th at 9:00. Hope this helps someone, and wish us luck on rebooking!!

travelitis
09-25-2002, 12:37 PM
MichelleC - They have very few table and very high demand.

I asked why they don't have character lunch or dinner, and it's because Cinderella is so busy right after breakfast with going to Mickey's Toontown, parades, the show in front of the castle, etc. that she can't appear later. The face characters are on the run according to the CM.

MichelleC
09-25-2002, 12:43 PM
I know there is huge demand. But, the logistics of it are mind blowing! How many operators must thye have? Selling out in 2-3 minutes? It's unreal!

travelitis
09-25-2002, 01:05 PM
False Alarm!!! A CM just called to change my PS # for Garden Grill, and I had her look for availability for Cindy's 11/23...again. I specified breakfast, and she told me there was availability....for 11:50 or 2 p.m. I'll be on the phones participating in Disney's ultimate frustration contest tomorrow. Dang! This is probably our last trip that all my kids are going to want to do this, too, as my ds is turning 11. I need more than pixie dust. I need a HOT LINE! O.K. I've vented...decompression complete.

travelitis
09-25-2002, 01:22 PM
I read they have over 100 reservationists answering the calls, and most PS can be booked in 2 min. or less. WDW-DINE is not the only group that can make PS. It's just the only one Disney wants you to call. CRT accomodates only 130 diners at a time, and the Unofficial Guide says that some of those seats are included in certain WDW packages leaving even fewer available for distribution through WDW-Dine. Then you have to take into account that if 100 seats are open, that's only 20 parties of 5 at a time. I don't know how many times they plan to turn a table, but even if they turned each table 3 times, that's still only 60 parties getting seats at CRT. Parties will be larger and smaller, but I just used that for the sake of mathematical ease.

Tomorrow's strategy: 3 phones calling 3 different numbers. I will report on my success or lack thereof whichever be the case.

travelitis
09-26-2002, 07:26 AM
Strike 2, but I got through 2 times to central res while still on hold with WDW DINE, but the dine # picked up first. I decided to try 2 phones, but next time my husband or kid will have to assist to add the 3rd phone.

Gretchen
09-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Ok, I'm setting my watch, have the date to start calling, have 2 land lines, 2 cel phones and all my friends ready.....now, what's the best phone # to call?
Thanks,
Gret

I had no problem getting in 3 years ago, have things changed that much?
Yikes!

Ithastobe
09-26-2002, 08:42 PM
I missed the boat on these, and have been calling every day, few times a day! This a.m. the reservations guy (nice man) said they sell out in minutes (I was on hold until 7:07 and he told me the ones for the advance were sold out by then - 7 minutes!!!!!

He did say that some do open up, he cited one instance he had yesterday when the ressies were made for breakfast, but they wanted dinner - so they cancelled breakfast and that freed some up.

He also said when you check in if staying at a Disney property to use the speed dial to reservations, and try once you get there. Some times people cancel for the next day ( guessing maybe too tired, sick or something)......

It is frustrating to say the least, and I'm mad at myself that I didn't know about the time table and started too late. I just found this board a few weeks ago. Oh well.....

Advise is to not stress, and enjoy it all anyway! We made breakfast ressies at Tony's and Pooh Bear is supose to be there. I know my kids will enjoy it all, MOM is the one that has to relax! (I'm talking to myself here......)

Good luck, and wish everyone could get in if they want to!!!!

travelitis
09-26-2002, 11:07 PM
It can sell out in 2 minutes, so when I was on hold until 7:06, I knew it was the kiss of death. I started dialing at 10 til. You have to be one of the first to get through. We'll be on 2 land lines and 2 cells tomorrow.

poohlover
09-27-2002, 06:53 AM
Was on hold this morn for 15!!! minutes...needless to say I'll be trying again tomorrow. I had even been dialing for 10 minutes or so! My 4 yr old DD cried & cried. I'm not even going to let her hear me try tomorrow! I need some Pixiedust!

travelitis
09-27-2002, 06:56 AM
I got through at 7:03 or 4, and there was no space at the inn. I'm so glad I have PS's for the Storybook Princesses. Eventually I'm going to be cancelling a PS there and making someone very happy.

3 more days of the Cindy lottery to go. Maybe I'll fare better over the weekend.

nkjzmom
09-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Hey! I did the same thing you did. I tried and tried for CRT...called for days trying to find a cancellation but nothing was available. We are only going to be in the park for 1 day because we are coming down for a wedding in Cocoa Beach and that's all we could fit in. So I got a PS for lunch at CRT, kept researching, and found Tony's breakfast. So I got a PS there and had the CM change the lunch to dinner. We'll be arriving at the park before opening (8am) and leaving after close (dinner at 5:35). Hopefully that will make the one day seem longer!!

We will be there Nov 18. If you're going before that, you'll have to let me know how it is!

BTW...how do I get the countdown tagline??????

nkjzmom
09-27-2002, 08:39 AM
The morning I woke up at 5:45 to get the call in I got through at 7:04 due to the fact that I followed some OLD suggestions and pressed "1" and got V&A....and the CM told me they had filled up Nov 18 at 7:02!!!!!

What a site we all must be....running down stairs in the break of day....eyes barely open....blinding pushing numbers....."Must....make.....PS.....at....Cinderella's......."

I cannot tell a lie......I was wide awake before that just watching the clock out of anticipation.

travelitis
09-27-2002, 12:44 PM
I did a search for "countdown timer" to find the instructions.

My 2 ds know that our chances of getting this are practically impossible, and I didn't even offer it to my 4 yr old dd. This is the last time we go that eating in the castle will be a thrill for all 3 kids as my oldest ds is turning 11. If you don't get in, you can take your dd to see Cindy at Mickey's Toontown, poohlover. If she's like my 4 yr. old she just wants to see certain characters. Just stop at Guest Services and ask where to see Cinderella which is what we did last trip.

Our family has faced so many traumatic events this year, that I'm trying to make everything as perfect as possible. We're splurging on other character meals, but, well, you know. We're all having that surge of adrenelin before the sun comes up.

Lora
09-27-2002, 01:31 PM
>>BTW...how do I get the countdown tagline??????

They have instructions there...maybe this link will work...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=267754

nkjzmom
09-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Thanks to both! The timer is up and running but I'm missing one of my earsboys!!

mami2emily
09-28-2002, 06:13 AM
Hi,

Been trying to get a PS for the last 4 days. Every day I made sure I was dialing the last digit of the 407- number so that by the time the call got connected, it was 7:00:00 atomic time. When this happened, the office was open, but I didn't get a reservationist until 7:07 or 7:10 or 7:15 one day. Way too late. Today just for the heck of it, I called at 6:58:12 atomic time. The CRO was open!! Within 2-3 seconds a reservationist was on the line with me!! I was offered a 9:10am slot!!

Sad thing is, we have no interest in going the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day, and certainly not at that time. So yes, I turned them down. I'm happy with my reservation at Tony's (with Pooh!) for Tuesday morning at 8:05am, and a dinner at CRT that evening.

But definitely start calling before 7am, and hitting redial if need be. By 7am atomic time is too late.

travelitis
09-28-2002, 06:38 AM
Thanks for posting the exact seconds. I would've loved to get the day before Thanksgiving for CRT. I'm trying to get anything from Nov. 22-29.

I got connected 6:59 and some odd seconds atomictime, and got my answer at 7:02 - no space! O called back a little afterwards hoping for a miracle and told the CM it was sold out at 7:02 but check anyway. In a normal, conversational tone of voice, after I had synchronized to the second, I commented that I even got through at 6:59, but it was gone by 7:02. She began telling me how they open exactly at 7:00 and calling even a few seconds early will do me "absolutely no good". I really didn't ask for a lecture and was just making a statement which was not framed as a complaint, yet she continued. The useful thing she said is that they have over 200 people answering the phones and that it sells out in the first seconds. After reminding her I DID get through a little before 7:00, in a very nice tone of voice I told her I'd rather call back and speak to someone else to further assist me, because I did have other things on my agenda. I tried at 6:22, but there were no cancellations. The 3rd CM confirmed they'd been taking PS for 24 min., which would've been 6:58+ atomictime.

I think the competition on the phones is only going to get tougher these next 2 mornings. I read that Sat. and Sun. are the easiest days to get through, and I did get a CM earlier this time.

Did you call WDW-DINE or Central Res?

mami2emily
09-28-2002, 11:43 AM
Travelitis, I dialed the WDW DINE phone number. Good luck!!

TimKeenan
09-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Is it even a possibility to get a table for 10 at Cindy's. We have 2 families going and would like to sit together but if it means we don't sit at all, I'll tell them to fend for themselves.
Thanks,
Tim

travelitis
09-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Thanks! I'll try that as my primary number. I've been using a cell phone, too and been getting though to a CM faster with Central Res. WDW-PLAY can also book PS.

As far as your group, it's a hard call. Maybe grab your seats then try to get some for the other family. Cindy's would put you at 2 tables, because they don't have any for 10. I asked a CM about this for a group of 9 for lunch. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be willing to put tables together once you got there, but I don't know how flexible they are during the ridiculously popular breakfast. We're traveling with other people (all adults) who understand how hard it is to get CRT. I'm not even attempting to get them seats. It'd mean more to a family with kids than these 4 adults, plus I've already struck out 4 of my 6 days.

travelitis
09-29-2002, 06:16 AM
Day 5 of 6 and SUCCESS!!!!! My land line would only give me a busy signal for WDW DINE starting at 6:55. Was that a glitch with our phone service, (very possible) or was that reality? I called central res on the cell, and got through sometime between 6:58 and 6:59. At 7:03:30 I hung up and had 2 PS - The precious one for Cindy's (party of 5) and LTT (party of 9). The latest available for our party size was 4:30. Did the rush on LTT help me get Cindy's? Or was that why DINE gave me nothing but the "talk to the hand"?

Our day looks thus: 8:15 CRT, 9:45 drop boys off for Pirate Cruise, 4:30 LTT. I had booked a PS at 1900 Park Fare for 10:30 as something special for our 4 yr. old dd during the PC.
Perhaps we'll take her to Ariel's Grotto during the PC and just spend time at MK.

TimKeenan
09-29-2002, 07:01 AM
Thanks, that's what I figured. Not to rub it in, but we got 9:15 for the 28th on my first try at 6:59. In my other hand I kept dialing the land line and got nothing but busy signals for over 10 minutes. I went with a table of 6. Yippeeeeeeeee.:Pinkbounc

safaulk
09-29-2002, 10:36 PM
I got Cindy's!! We just got back from our WDW trip today. I tried for over a month to get Cindy's. I called just about every day to check on cancellations. We arrived at WDW on Sept. 21. I called every other day while we were there just to check to see if they had any cancellations. On Thursday, I called to check again, and they just happened to have a table open on Saturday!!! We were able to get into Cindy's on our very last day at the Magic Kingdom. Soooo--moral of the story is, don't give up hope!!! The breakfast was wonderful!!

travelitis
09-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Now that's encouraging! Thanks for posting!

Texan
09-30-2002, 10:19 PM
Does anyone have any info or experience with the Breakfast at AK? I have two boys (12 and 7) who have no desire for a Cinderella breakfast, but they do want some kind of character breakfast, and I thought AK might be the one. Do you call the same number as the Cindy's? Thanks!

scottmel
09-30-2002, 10:22 PM
I just did the AK Breakfast on Friday. Brontausaurus or something like that with Donald Duck. Very boy orientated, looks like a mess hall. they will enjoy it! YEs call the same number.

Bobbie
10-01-2002, 02:20 PM
I am in the process of planning my family's first trip to WDW. I went when I was a child but hubby and children have never been. My DD is 5 and DS is 4. I have heard and read that Cindy's Breakfast is a must!!!
I was all prepared and would start calling around 6:55 every morning. (Thankfully, I live in the same time zone. I feel for you guys in other time zones.)
EVERY morning, I would get through at 7:01 or 7:02 and reservations would be gone! It was so discouraging. My husband and I would use the two house phones AND two cell phones. Still no tickets.
I kept thinking about something that I had read. I read somewhere on the internet, that when you get through and it tells you to press 1 for Albert & Victoria's or hold for all other reservations. I read that you should push 2.
So, here I am thinking ------- what the heck, it's been seven days of trying and still nothing --- what do I have to lose.
So, I did it --- I pressed 2 and was immediately connected to a CM and got my tix. Don't know if it was luck or concidence or what, but I was so thrilled to be able to tell my daughter that I GOT TICKETS when she came down the steps.
So, if you are having trouble, it can't hurt to try it.
Also, while I was talking to the CM, my hubby was still dialing in and getting the closed message. Not sure what that is all about. Maybe the CM's get started as soon as they are ready, as opposed to everyone starting together. I don't know ---- BUT I got mine!!!
Still doing the happy dance in VA!

MichelleC
10-01-2002, 03:54 PM
We'll be there that week, too! How long are you guys staying? When's your CRT PS for? Congrats!

Michelle

TimKeenan
10-02-2002, 09:38 AM
Just curious, I had similar situation with one phone getting a closed message(land line) while my cel phone got through. Happened just about every time I tried. Anyone else have this experience? Maybe the cel has an advantage?

heidica
10-02-2002, 12:08 PM
For me it was the opposite. I got through faster on my home phone, not my cellphone. I started dialing both phones at the same time & redialing (which was harder than I thought with 2 phones) and I got the open message first on my home phone. My theory (and this is just a thoery) is it depends on where in the U.S. you are calling from. I live in Washington state and everytime I have tried to call and get a VERY hard WDW reservation (Cindy's in 2002 & an Illumination cruise in 2000) I have been able to get the reservation on my first morning of calling. I had to use redial everytime but I got my reservation on the day I wanted it. I think there are a lot more people on the east coast trying to call WDW at important times (than the west coast) and the phone lines are slowed down, while not nearly as many on the west coast are calling (because that is 4:00am our time). I can get through calling from the west coast because I am not competing with as many people for phone lines. So maybe the cellphone theory might work on the East coast because it will spread out the calls more evenly and speed things up. Well, like I said this is just a theory (so I probably don't know what I am talking about.:D :D) I also think even if you do set your clocks to atomic time you should start dialing at 6:57 or 6:58 and just keep redialing, because I got the open message at 6:59 (atomic time)!!

Well good luck to everyone!! I hope you get your Cindy PS!!:D :D

Ithastobe
10-02-2002, 11:12 PM
My cell and regular phone both unlucky! WAAHH!!
:(

Belleoftheball
10-04-2002, 06:16 AM
Thanks for all these wonderful posts of guidance, I was able to get a PS on our very first try! I'll have one EXTREMELY happy little birthday girl that day, I tell ya!

PS: Hit #2 as soon as the reservation guy says that stuff about Victoria and Alberts...it worked like a charm! The CM answered immediately!

Linda Watson
59 days to go to ASMo!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

alabamaalan
10-04-2002, 06:52 AM
I will be in WDW for three days in early Dec. and this is the week to make ressies.

I do not have a cell phone, so I called the first day and got in at 6:58:30. The reservationist picked up at 7:01 and they were sold out.

This morning I got in at 6:58 and have a reservationist at 7:00. He went to check and I heard a click.

A few seconds later there was a second click.

On the third click the automated operator message told me to hang up if I wanted to make a call. :( Apparently he hung up on me or, more likely I hope, accidentally cut me off.

I hit redial and was on hold (listening to HORRIBLE remixes of Disney songs) until 7:06 when I hung up.

I dialed back on the 1-800 number figuring there was no point paying to be on hold after 7:05 and an agent picked up at 7:15!

I have one more day to try..wish me luck!

poohlover
10-04-2002, 06:54 AM
I was so very excited yesterday I never got to post...but on my 5th try!! with 5!!! phone lines, (2 land 3 cell!!) going we got our ressie!! My 4 yr old DD was very excited! Now instead of crying, she's smiling all the time. And my 12 yr old DS who got through earned a "bonus" of $10.00 disney dollars!! Had to offer something to keep him dialing! we called it "Operation Cindy"!!

My only problem will be making her wait till the last day of our trip to eat with Cindy! Maybe it will just keep her going thru the week.

welovespacemoutain
10-04-2002, 06:59 AM
Got through right when then opened and I tried hitting "2" this am (after the Vic and Al stuff) and I did not get through to a CM for several more minutes -- no PS yet!

HollyTabor
10-04-2002, 08:25 AM
I've lurked here for a long while - you guys seem to have great advice!

On my fourth day of trying (and for the morning of our last full day at WDW) I got through and got ressies for 5 at 8:05am.

On Sunday, I woke up late and screwed up.

On Monday, I got through at 7:00am and waited for a CM. When no one answered by 7:10am, I figured they were gone anyway - when I finally got a CM at 7:15am they confirmed I lost out.

On Tuesday I thought I had it - I'd press "0" the second I heard the open message! Got through at 6:58am, had a CM on the phone at 6:59am and they were gone. All the CM could say was "Oh my God, oh my God - they're gone!!"

By Wednesday I had pretty much resigned myself to not dining with Cindy. But I got through at 6:58am, pressed "0" immediately, got a CM and got my ressies.

And the poor CM got the opportunity to listen to me blubber for about 10 minutes.

I've heard the advice about pressing "2" - but try "0" ... it worked for me!

Belleoftheball
10-04-2002, 09:51 AM
We plan on doing this the AK day of our trip as well. And, during the period in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, Santa Goofy visits as well! :cool: :cool:

Linda Watson
59 days to ASMo

jenfur
10-05-2002, 06:05 AM
OMG!!! I got it. I was so worried yesterday that I wouldn't but I got IT!!!! I dialed in at 6:57:54 and then got the open message ( I pressed 2 immediately before I could confirm this because I wanted it to go straight through!) A CM immediately answered and I got two tables for 8:30am. Let the stressing cease:bounce:

travelitis
10-05-2002, 02:02 PM
I found out that our party of 5 is seated at a table for six, so if grandma wants to join us that morning for Cindy's she definitely can. Grandpa can either sleep in or come with us and probably not get a seat. I'll check 2 days prior to see if anyone had to cancel.

Gretchen
10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
Getting ready to call on tuesday, what number should I use?
Thanks,
Gret

HollyTabor
10-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Gretchen ...

You can call: 1.407.WDW.DINE.

As soon as you get the open message press "0" - some say "2" but "0" worked for me.

Good luck!

welovespacemoutain
10-06-2002, 09:24 AM
FINALLY got through and got reservations this morning - pushing 2 or 0 never worked for me - but - every morning I got through first on the cell phone while the message on the land line was still saying Disney was closed (I am in PA).

disneymom3
10-06-2002, 11:30 AM
Asked this somewhere else, but am going to try herre too!

I just talked to dining and the CM told me party size between three or five should not make a difference. Does this make sense to anyone else? If there are five of us, we need a table for 6, if there are three, we need a table for 4. Are there the same number of tables for every size party? I thought I had read somewhere that they mainly had tables for four. the baby and DH are willing to miss out if ut helps us get in easier.

What do you all think? Should I try a party size of 3 tomorrow? I was unable to get one for 5 at 19 secs after 7:00 today so I am willing to try anything! I have a week left to keep trying.

KatieLovesMickey
10-07-2002, 06:17 AM
I got one, too! 9:40 am Dec. 6th!
My DD's (6 and 5) are going to be SO excited!!!
I took the advice of a very kind CM who said that ALL reservation lines take CRT ressies at 7am, not just dining. She gave me the number 407-828-8101. I just kept hitting '0' once I got the menu until I finally got a CM at 6:59!!! I was so excited that I had to hand the phone to my husband (who was frantically calling on his business line!) to give her all of our information. Isn't it amazing what we do for our kids!
Have a great day--I know I will!:cool:

mivvers
10-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Hi Katie!
I'll be right in line behind you -- our WONDERFUL Dreams Unlimited agent got us a reservation for 9:50 on Dec. 6th -- me, DH, DD (8), DS (5) AND my parents! And I didn't even have to pick up the phone! :D

I just had to post this because I really couldn't be happier about going with Dreams Unlimited. They're just the best!

Hooray!! :Pinkbounc

Gretchen
10-08-2002, 06:46 AM
Ok, this is nuts!
I started calling at 6:55 to get the number programed in for redial, started hitting redial. I got the message and hit #2 at 7:00. I don't remember what seconds but very few. Well, got in the hold line, and all sold out....the CM didn't come on till 7:03.
However...I had the wrong day! Don't need to start calling untill tomarrow! HA! Over excited?
Anyway....
I'm calling the Dine number, should I hit 0 or 2 or nothing??
Thanks!
Good luck and pixie dust to you all...

disneymom3
10-08-2002, 10:07 AM
Okay--I think after Sunday that I have learned that being on hold at all is the kiss of death to your chances. (Never dreamed that 19secs on hold would be too long!)

Called today got through after redialling several times and pushed two--I really do think that gets you in faster--and a CM picked up right away. Told her my info and then she says, "What is your last name?" she didn't even tell me what time! and I totally didn't care! Just glad I don't have to get up at 5:45 anymore!

Got a table for 5 on Sat dec 7 at 9:45. My kids will be good and hungry by then so maybe we'll get our money's worth! Can't believe I am going to the magic Kingdom on a Sat, but we're out of there after breakfast! I was hoping the rest of the Type A planners that someone mentioned above didn't want to be ther on a Sat either and wouldn't call today. Maybe it worked!

CherylA
10-08-2002, 11:08 AM
On the phone right now to cancel party of 3 for Dec 1st 8:15. Good luck!

my4girls
10-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Good luck everyone. Just keep trying.

nlesl2000
10-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone on these boards for their advice. We are going in December with our daughter and my parents and I didn't even know you could eat in the castle. All the tips on this board got us prepared for the trip and this morning we actually got through and got in to Cindy's for 9:40 Dec 7th. We have 2 tables for 5 people but that is fine with us. I went out today and bought my daughter the cutest princess dress to wear! Really looking forward to it-thanks again to everyone who posted, it really helped:)

Mamatipo
10-09-2002, 06:07 AM
They changed the phone Menu again. Now you have to pick Choice #1 for a priority seating anywhere. There went my chances this morning. I jumped the gun and pressed 2.... I ended up at V&As. Grrr....

BluOrchid2
10-09-2002, 06:22 AM
Yeah, they did change it - just from YESTERDAY!!!!

I called yesterday, and it was "Press 1 FOR Victoria and Alberts".....this morning is was "Press 1 for any restaurant OTHER than V&A's!"

GRRRRRR!!!!!

disneymom3
10-09-2002, 09:36 AM
Maybe they read the boards and are trying to slow us down!!

I did wnat to thank everyone on here for all the tips. We got in after 4 days yesterday morning. My MIL was calling for me too and when I called to tell her I got it, she said, "This is impossible. No one can get these reservations!" Then I said, "Well I did it!" But if we hadn't had all this info, I know we would have missed out.

We're off for our once in a lifetime opportunity of dining with Cinderella on Dec 7th. (I am not a morning person and will not be making those calls again!)

Belleoftheball
10-09-2002, 09:41 AM
I have a PS for the SB breakfast that I'm cancelling. I got it as a backup for Cindy's and would love to go to both, but for the cost, it's just not worth the time let alone the extra cost, which has now gone up to $20 per adult. I don't know about you all, but $20 for breakfast is A LOT to expect.

And now that only Cindy, Fairy Godmother, Prince Charming and Jasmine and Alladin are the only characters, it's just kind of a bummer.

disneymom3
10-09-2002, 12:30 PM
Hmmm...I din't know the other princesses were never there anymore. I thought someone had just posted recently that they saw Peter Pan there, too. Where did you find this info? I need to read up on it.

Belleoftheball
10-09-2002, 01:14 PM
I did checking at Deb's unofficial site (http://wdwig.com/) last night. It says those characaters and beside all the other princess ones...MAYBE...

I've decided to actually KEEP both in our plans. After all, we'll be eating free at one of them with our package...

WDW2002
10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BluOrchid2
Yeah, they did change it - just from YESTERDAY!!!!

I called yesterday, and it was "Press 1 FOR Victoria and Alberts".....this morning is was "Press 1 for any restaurant OTHER than V&A's!"
I Noticed this TOO!! actually I didn't even pay attention I just automatically hit 2. UGH!! I knew I was doomed the second I heard, Victoria & Alberts.

Gretchen
10-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Totaly blew it this am! Woke up at 6:15, thought ok, alarm will go off at 6:45 no problem. PROBLEM!! My clock was set for pm not am....I set the alarm correctly, but the darn time was wrong. So up again in the morning...
Hitting #2..
Gret

Lora
10-09-2002, 10:16 PM
We did the breakfast this week. The characters we had were:

Cinderella and Prince Charming
Belle
Aurora
Mary Poppins
(Fairy Godmother was downstairs)

I'll let you know who I see next week. We'll be there again on Tues.

BTW...we were the FIRST ones in the park on Mon. for our 8:05 PS at Cindy's. That was very cool. I had my husband take a picture of my girls and I w/ no one behind us on Main Street.

Princesstimes2
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
I got in today at 6:59:30 and was put on hold. A few seconds later a CM came on and I told her what I wanted. She gave me a 8:25 am on Monday Dec 9th. My husband was on his way to work and got them for 9:55. I called back at 7:30 to cancel his. We decided to keep the earlier PS. I am soooo excited. We went in Jan. and I could not get a PS. It will be our first time eating in the Castle and with the Princesses. If you need ressies check back maybe the one I cancelled is still available.

WDW2002
10-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Second day of 4am calls and no luck!! I must have called about 6 times so far this morning, and the same answer "nothing available." I am just going to keep trying. It is so frustrating because I keep have "phone trouble" and can't get through at first, so I have to try again and by then it is already 4am/7am.

nezy
10-10-2002, 11:41 PM
we went to Cindy's for DD 3rd Birthday. it was well worth it. she thinks she IS a princess. since she was wearing a crown. Anyway, there was one problem - we had a PS res for 7-people (4adults 7 3 children). We were sat at 2 seperate tables near each other. I was informed by the CM that they do not seat tables of more than 6. i said this is absurd, it is my daughter''s birthday, I made the res 3months ago, her grandparents are here and we all want to sit together. Back & forth about people waiting, etc. Finally I saw a table for 2, asked if that was being used, was told NO, so I told the Cm's to push that table over to our table for 4 and we would fit the 7 of us no problem.

You would think it was brain surgery!!

Has anyone ever had this happen to them, or was it my lucky day?

CrzyforPiglet
10-11-2002, 06:28 AM
To all the wonderful people who gave tips! Second day of trying and I got a ressie for December 10th at 9:45!! It does really feel like you just won the lottery! Our first day of trying was disappointing b/c my husband got through and handed the phone off to me but I didn't hear the whole "press 1" part so I just stayed on the line and by the time they answered : nothing - arrrggghhhh!!

But that is all in the past now b/c we're all set!! Good luck and pixie dust to everyone!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

WDW2002
10-11-2002, 01:15 PM
Got through and on hold at 6:59/3:59; did not get a person until 7:06/4:06 and of course NOTHING. UGH!!!

RRaschke
10-11-2002, 04:53 PM
My DH, DD and myself are planning a trip to disney in May. This is our first trip and, needless to say, we are very excited. My DD loves all of the princesses, and we would like to attend a princess breakfast. It seems as though Cindy's is much more difficult to get into than SP. For all you disney experts, why is this? What makes Cindy's so much better than SP?

WDW2002
10-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Its "more special" for the simple reason that you get to eat IN Cinderella's Castle. Plus, since the Norway PSB breakfast is still relatively new a lot of people may not know about it.

WDW2002
10-12-2002, 06:14 AM
we got it!! 9:45am on Dec 11th.

I am SOOO excited!!! My DD9 is THRILLED!! And best thing yet no more 4AM calls to Disney Dinning. Well except tomorrow for Tony's for before the MVMCP.

Princesstimes2
10-12-2002, 06:33 AM
I am so happy for you. I just got it for Dec. 11th also at 8:50 and was online to see if I could contact you because I will be cancelling my Mon. Dec. 9th. And I wanted to let you know. Congratulations, I am sure we will see you there smiling also. :D

Gretchen
10-12-2002, 07:31 AM
Congrat's you guys!!
Still no luck for us. I honestly don't know why I'm not getting through...I'm calling the dine number and as soon as the auto attendant picks up I hit 1. I do all this at 6:59. any earlier and I get the closed message. We'll be there 8 through the 12 if anyone has a cancellation.
Any tips appreciated!
Thanks!

Princesstimes2
10-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Gretchen
We tried yesterday and did not get through with 2 cells and home phone. We were stuck in the que. Since this was my last morning to call, I decided to try something different. We had 2 cells going with WDW DINE and then on my home phone I called 407 WDISNEY. The cell phones were stuck in the WDWDINE que but I got through on the WDISNEY number. I kept hitting 1 for a new reservation. It takes about 8 - 12 seconds to get through their initial message and then keep hitting 1. I did enter my home phone number and press # when it prompts you too. I could not believe that I got through this way. The CM immediately picked up and she even said Disney Dining, even thought it was Central Res. I guess she knew why I was calling. She said I have an 8:20 I said book it. She said uh oh 9:10 I said Just BOOK IT. And I got it. I am so glad I tried something different because it worked. YESSSSSS!!!! Good Luck I hope you get it.

Princesstimes2
10-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Uh oh I mean 8:50 am. I am so excited I am getting it ALL mixed up.

Angel1
10-14-2002, 06:02 AM
Got through this morning (afte previous failure) by calling the WDISNEY #. They answered as "Disney Reservations." I quick hit #1 and got the Dining Folks. Got through by about 6:58.

I was able to make my PS for our party of 7 on Dec 13!

Hooray!!!!!!!!

Princesstimes2
10-14-2002, 08:09 AM
Great!!!! I am glad the WDISNEY number helped you too.

adisneynut
10-23-2002, 06:20 AM
I had began to worry bcause it was the weekend before X-mas. We started at 6:55 and we got the close message about 5 times then we kept hitting the redail button and DH and I got through at the same time. He got disconnected but I didn't. I followed the advice and used the Dining number and said ,"I need Cindy's for 5 people, Please." :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I even asked for a later time since that is EHM day now we have time to ride a few rides first. Keep on trying. :teeth: :crazy: :teeth: :crazy:

bill kellum
10-23-2002, 07:53 PM
i have never gotten reservations on the phone, however what i have done is to go directly to the castle as soon as the park opens and put my name on the list.normally within a few minutes there is a noshow.this has worked the last three times i tried.

Ithastobe
10-24-2002, 01:43 PM
I was new to the boards, and did not know about the PS dates for Cindy's - so I missed out. I called two, sometimes three times per day (getting up early) saying "reservations-for-cindys-breakfast-party-of-four-oct-20,-or-21" as quickly as possible without taking a breath! I tried on my cell, regular phone, WDW dining, pressing 2 and spinning the phone around my head a few times for any luck.

I have two little girls (3 and 4), and the 4 year old is in love with Cinderella (being that for Halloween), and a princess groupie. I pretty much resigned myself that we missed it this year and so I made PS for Gullivers, 1900 Park Faire, Tony's, and Hollywood & Vine - character overload!

Just for grins, I called the morning we were leaving (10/19 at 6:30 CST) half expecting to hear the "sorry mam, sold out". Sure enough, she says "sorry, but that is sold out". Then she says "five in your party?" I gulped and said, well, no 4 - but I'll take five, can I take the one for five, she say's "sorry mam, this is for party of five". I tell her quickly "I'll take them, I'll find someone" I give her my CC and scribble down the number.

We show up early for our 8:20 reservation, with a red-headed Cinderella who had eyes as big as moons. We arrive at the park with the park to ourselves, and the day was magical. The breakfast exceeded our expectations, the food was good, and the princesses were kind, beautiful, and took time at each table.
Saw Belle, Cinderella, Prince Charming and Mary Poppins. Our waiter was kind and called each girl 'princess', and mom and dad King and Queen.

We only had two blurps - our Camcorder had 'dew detected', and we were unable to video tape the breakfast (got plenty of pictures). Additionally, upon entry to the park we had a family picture taken with NO ONE in the park. When we returned to pick up - the photographer goofed and the pictures were blurry and we were not able to purchase.

I did not care, for without the ressies, we wouldn't have even been there.

Sorry so long, but moral of the story - is to keep trying! If you have little girls, you will make their day! This was a magical breakfast. We enjoyed the pre-plated non buffet dining, even though our daughters were so mesmerized by the whole event, they barely ate a thing. Breakfast = expensive, but as they say, look on daughters face = Priceless!!!!!!

:D

nezy
10-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Ok-I have tears in my eyes, now running down my cheeks picturing your sweet red-head Cindy. we took our 4 yr. old to Cindy's breakfast for her 3rd bithday. since then she truely believes that SHE IS a princess!!

Good Luckt to all -it is a magical event!

alamashdar
10-25-2002, 10:27 AM
I just want to say thank you for all the help on this thread. I was able to get Cindy's on Christmas Eve morning @ 9:05. They couldn't have been more anxious to get my information. I'm so excited!

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telia

peachgirl
10-25-2002, 11:19 AM
These early morning ps calls can be dangerous! For some reason I had it in my head I needed to call on the 26th for Christmas Eve reservations. Right in the middle of making coffee this morning it came to me that I was an idiot and today was the day I needed to call. I dropped everything and grabbed the phone. I was able to get the reservations but when I went back in to finish the coffee I forgot I had already put the water in and 8 cups of water poured out everywhere. I was so sleepy I didn't even notice until the water hit me on the foot dripping off the cabinet. Ok, I'm awake now!

Praise2Him
10-27-2002, 07:30 PM
I was unable to get Cindy's for December 20th for DD's birthday. If anyone got that day, then later got a better day and is going to cancel, would you please post here before you do? Thanks a million!!!
Lisa

adisneyfan2
10-30-2002, 11:44 PM
Struck out two days in a row, but encouraged by the new WDISNEY strategy.... Also, thanks for the "no show" idea Bill Kellum! If my luck keeps up the way it's been, I'll give that a try. (Did you go early admission or just a regular admission day?)
Thanks!

DISNEYFANRI
10-31-2002, 07:56 AM
Just wondering - do I have to call at exactly 7am for PS or can I take my chances any time during the day - also when calling will CM check availabiluty for any day the week that I am there??

Thanks,
Paula

WDW2002
10-31-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by DISNEYFANRI
Just wondering - do I have to call at exactly 7am for PS or can I take my chances any time during the day - also when calling will CM check availabiluty for any day the week that I am there??

You need to call starting at 6:57; if you get the "we are closed" message. Hang up and redial until they are open. They generally open the phone lines a couple minutes before 7am "official time."

When you call they will be able to check for the 60 day out mark and any days BEFORE this day.

adisneyfan2
11-01-2002, 06:24 AM
After three days of striking out, we finally got breakfast at CRT for 12/31! FYI, we used the Official U.S. Time website as suggested, and got through on two lines simultaneously at 06:57:50. Thanks to LvsTnk for the pixie dust! That stuff really is magic!
Good luck everybody!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tried again and got through at 06:57:40 for breakfast on 1/1 at 8:05 (FIRST seating!!) This means we will cancel CRT breakfast for five at 9:15 am on 12/31 !! I hope a Dis-er can get it, so if you are interested, please post and we can choose a day/time for me to cancel, then hopefully YOU can call and pick it up!

I hope everybody else got what they wanted too!
:D :Pinkbounc :D :bounce: :D :Pinkbounc :D

MOMTOMOOTOO
11-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Just on a whim, I called and was able to get a PS for Dec 6...So I would encourage everyone to just keep trying. I really never thought I'd get them. Even the CM was surprised!!

Briar Wood
11-03-2002, 08:07 PM
Got my table at Cinderella's again this year- will be my second time. This is what happened:

I called at 6:53 or so, got the office-is-closed recording. Then hit redial a few times and got the open recording. A CRO person answered and her first words were "Is 9:00 good for you for Cinderella's table? Quick before they're all taken!"

I said, "How about 8:30? When is the first seating?"

She said, "8:30, OK, how many people, quick!"

I said "Three! 2 adults and one child! Is 8:30 the earliest seating?"

She said, "There are earlier seatings, but I can't go back now or we'll lose this. How old is the child?

I said, "Nine. Are there earlier seatins?"

She said, "Yes, but there all gone now."

Then she gave me my confirmation number for 8:30.

I told my boyfriend, who was sleeping, and he couldn't believe it. I decided to call back (it was 7:04 now) to see if Cinderella's Table was, in fact, booked by now. My boyfriend said, "Wait, I want to get on the other extension. I've got to hear this."

I called, and was on a waiting recording of music for a few minutes. The CRO person came on. I asked her if there were seats available at Cinderella's table for 60 days later. My boyfriend and I waited a few seconds until she came back on and said, "There are no more left."

Hope this helps someone!

BW

Briar Wood
11-03-2002, 08:12 PM
Got my table at Cinderella's again this year- will be my second time. This is what happened:

I called at 6:53 or so, got the office-is-closed recording. Then hit redial a few times and got the open recording. A CRO person answered and her first words were "Is 9:00 good for you for Cinderella's table? Quick before they're all taken!"

I said, "How about 8:30? When is the first seating?"

She said, "8:30, OK, how many people, quick!"

I said "Three! 2 adults and one child! Is 8:30 the earliest seating?"

She said, "There are earlier seatings, but I can't go back now or we'll lose this. How old is the child?

I said, "Nine. Are there earlier seatings?"

She said, "Yes, but there all gone now."

Then she gave me my confirmation number for 8:30.

I told my boyfriend, who was sleeping, and he couldn't believe it. I decided to call back (it was 7:04 now) to see if Cinderella's Table was, in fact, booked by now. My boyfriend said, "Wait, I want to get on the other extension. I've got to hear this."

I called, and was on a waiting recording of music for a few minutes. The CRO person came on. I asked her if there were seats available at Cinderella's table for 60 days later. My boyfriend and I waited a few seconds until she came back on and said, "There are no more left."

Hope this helps someone!

BW:Pinkbounc

melindaandrob
11-04-2002, 08:41 AM
:bounce: Got Cinderella's this morning!! The phone lines were opened at EXACTLY 6:58 am. I was hitting redial from 6:55am a few times and wasn't expecting it to click over I almost hung up!
What I didn't get were PS for Chef Mickeys on Jan. 1. I wasn't even thinking about it being a holiday. :(

yepod
11-04-2002, 11:03 AM
If you want to avoid the headaches & stress of calling for a Cindy's breakfast yourself you might try booking your on property stay thru Dreams Unlimited.
For the Cindy's PS alone, it was worth using Dreams! They of course can't guarantee you a PS, but I haven't heard of any missed yet!
They do so many other nice things for you too, but I just thought I'd remind those that don't realize this is one of the many perks of using Dreams!

This is an unsolicited endorsement from a very happy DISer with a very happy 3 1/2 yo DD!

MandaMom
11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Just tried to get a reservation this morning 3:50 am PST.

Got through on my third redial.

Spoke to a very friendly cm. I thought for sure this was it. This is the first time I've even gotten through. I have been trying for the last 3 years. Last May my husband and I ended up doing Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

In any case, I heard a lot of keyboard tapping and then he said it's sold out. I was so upset. So close yet so far. To top it off the cm said that he was sorry but he doesn't type as fast as the other agents. boo hoo hoo!

Anyway I will be trying everday for the next week. LOL hope I can get it for my huge princess fan.

SandraC
11-05-2002, 10:11 PM
MY CINDYS PS STORIES

1998 ~ First trip with my dd. I read about character meals on disney.com. I saw that there was one in the castle, cool! I called about 7 or 8 weeks before our trip and got PS no problem. The CM said he was surprised that I got it. I was clueless as to how rare these PS were.

2001 ~ Now aware of the value of a Cindy's PS, I called at 6:58am 60 days prior to trip ~ got thru ~ got PS! The CM read it back, "Okay, that's PS for 2 adults 2 children 8:05am at Cape May!" "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAPE MAY! NO NO NO, I said Cinderella's Royal Table!" I replied. The CM was so upset. I heard fast fingers on a keyboard while she repeated, "I am so sorry, I'll bet all the PS are gone." NOPERS! We got 8:35am PS! WHEW!

2002 ~ Done it twice, but dh wanted to do it again. I called 6:58am, 60 days prior to trip. Got it first try.

I seem to be sprinkled in Pixie Dust ~ so I am shaking some off so you all can get the PS you want too! S

adisneyfan2
11-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Tried again and got through at 06:57:40 for breakfast on 1/1 at 8:05 (FIRST seating!!) This means we will cancel CRT breakfast for five at 9:15 am on 12/31 !! I hope a Dis-er can get it, so if you are interested, please post and we can choose a day/time for me to cancel, then hopefully YOU can call and pick it up!

Just wanted to post one more time... I was a little surprised that nobody seems to want this, but just in case I'll give it one more try! If anybody is interested, PLEASE POST! You can't transfer a PS directly, but if you know when one is cancelled, you can call right away after and pick it up.

Any takers?:confused:

dvcmember
11-07-2002, 07:59 AM
After trying for the past 3 trips I was finally able to get a Cindy's ressie. My 6 yo dd is thrilled. Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Barb

MandaMom
11-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all the very helpful tips. I finally got a reservation.

So now my little girl can finally see the princesses in the castle. I hope I am not hyping it so much that we'll all be disappointed.

Called yesterday morning at 3:58 PST and got in on my second redial. I just yelled 3 LOL. Don't think this strategy helped my chances, the cm said she thought I was a recording. I told her that the last cm told me just to yell 3 to maximize my chances. She was able to get us in on 1/5 at 9:55am. She asked if this was okay. I was like hello, I'll take anything. She laughed and when she asked for my zip code she was like your on the west coast? Are you crazy what are you doing up? Trying to get my daughter into the castle (duh) :smooth:

Thanks again everyone

MandaMom:bounce: :Pinkbounc

melindaandrob
11-10-2002, 06:35 AM
Congrats MandaMom!!! Isn't it a great feeling? Our first character meal was at CRT and I didn't think the kids really liked it. After talking to my dk's about any restaurants we wanted to try this trip this was the top of the list. I discovered that they were shocked we were in the castle, they thought it would be a room that 'looked' like a castle and the princesses would be far away. This explains the look on ds (4) face when Belle came up behind him and said hello. LOL:)

Have a great time!!

SandraC
11-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Hey Niagara Falls ~ we'll be seeing you for the Festival of Lights and the Disney show in a couple weeks! Are you going to the DIS meet in the Falls?

Our first character meal was CRT as well in June1998. I didn't have a clue it was hard to get into at the time. We have done ti three times.

We are really looking forward to the Epcot Princess character meal next trip.

MandaMom
11-14-2002, 10:09 PM
melindandrob

Yes. Thank you I am beside myself. I feel like I won the lottery or something. I am so excited, also I am relieved I don't have to wake up or stay up until 3am to book the reservation.

I can't wait to see the inside of the castle. And also Cindy. Guess which princess is currently my daughter's favorite?

http://home.earthlink.net/~the3halls/images/Cindy1.JPG

MandaMom

sdamico71
11-23-2002, 05:16 PM
Call me a money spending fool, but I think CRT breakfast is worth the money. The princesses are awesome and we have had the best time the two times we have been there.
I think the food is pretty good, by Disney standards. And you can get a LITE breakfast if eggs, bacon, sausage, pototoes aren't on your diet. Also, pastries and fruit are abundant. Ask for more. It is AYCE. Don't be afraid.
I think this breakfast's food is much better than the food in EPCOT. My four kids hated the Princess Storybook breakfast food. They didn't care for Skillet dining, nor the amount of spices in the eggs. But they, too, have different foods. Just ask. My kids had toasted bagels and were much happier.
Good luck to all who are trying to "WIN THE LOTTERY" by getting these PS.
Well worth the money to see the smiles on the kids faces.
PS -- Belle spent 15 mins at our table with my 2 yo. She was awesome! Wish I knew who she was so I could alert Disney to her "above and beyond" service.

Troyfus
11-24-2002, 09:15 PM
I will be calling to cancel a seating for four on New Years Day if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I will coordinate a time with you.

sdamico71
11-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Before you cancel your ressie, I would just call and ask if you can transfer it to someone else. I know when we just went, there was a problem b/c the individual who the ressie was under, didn't show up. They were in the hotel sick and the hostess was giving the person in front of her a hard time. Just trying to do her job, but you may have to get on 3 way conversation to cancel under your name and reschedule under someone else.

Troyfus
11-24-2002, 09:29 PM
It was my understanding that Cindy reservations cannot be transferred. However, if I cancel at a specific time and someone else knows to call a minute or two later, then they have a great chance of picking up that time slot. Anyone know for sure?

WDW2002
11-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Troyfus
It was my understanding that Cindy reservations cannot be transferred. However, if I cancel at a specific time and someone else knows to call a minute or two later, then they have a great chance of picking up that time slot. Anyone know for sure?
I am pretty sure this is the only way it can be done. PS's can not be transfered to another (at least at CRT).

adisneyfan2
11-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Troyfus is right. You have to try to coordinate times. (I heard that you used to be able to transfer, but then somebody tried "selling" CRT ressies....) Don't know if that's true, but it is true that ressies can't be transferred.

PS STILL have CRT breakfast for five available on NYEve!!
(I gotta get around to cancelling them soon!!) :rolleyes:

mindy1908
11-25-2002, 04:12 PM
I realize I'm being very picky here but I'm really disappointed. I got 8:05 AM reservations yesterday morning for Cindy's and was so excited to be going before the park was open....I realized this morning it's an early entry day and the park will open at 8:00....argh. Some of my magic is gone. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow moring.

adisneyfan2
11-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Mindy1908, don't despair! Since your PS is so early, you can get in prior to opening and enjoy a very uncrowded Main Street, and likely meet a few characters prior to breakfast. Once the gate opens, you can go escape and relax at breakfast. This happened to us once too, and it actually worked out for us for the best. Worst case, see what time you get tomorrow and cancel the one you don't want.

Peg A Roo Roo
12-04-2002, 06:07 AM
We it for Feb 2nd, at 9:55. I didn't really want to do it on an EE day, but oh well! That will still give us 2 hours in the park before breakfast!

Right after I booked that, I tried to get Sci Fi the same day for 5:15, and it was already booked... all I could get was 4:55. When did Sci Fi get so popular you had to book it a 7 am 60 days prior?

Troyfus
12-04-2002, 07:11 AM
The Sci Fi is an Epcot location, therefore you can book it 120 days beforehand. Since it is one of the Fantasmic dinner package choices, it is somewhat more popular and therefore more prone to being booked. Keep trying though; you might be able to catch a cancellation.

Speaking of cancellations, I am calling in to cancel a New Years Day reservation for four. Try calling after 9:00am (central) today if you need it.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ufalum
12-05-2002, 08:24 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice and suggestions! This was the first time I had ever tried for Cindy's and was surprised when I got it. I used the official U.S. time page to set my microwave clock as I only have one phone line to use. I started dialing at 5:54am Central and they picked up at 5:58 and got a reservation for 9:10 on Feb. 3 for 6 people. I was so excited that I was shaking! I tried to go back to sleep, but could not. Can not wait to see my DD's (2 and 4) faces when they see the princesses! Thanks again for all the help!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

christibelle
12-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone! Being such a novice at all this, I have been lurking on the boards, soaking up as much information as I could as I anxiously awaited the 60 day mark. I woke up this morning and followed everyone's advice to a tee. To my great surprise, I GOT IT!! I know I would not have been able to achieve this if it had not been for everyone's tips. Thank you!!!

TomM
12-05-2002, 05:59 PM
We're going to give it another try in the morning only this time try the tips I've read. Last year when I got to Disney I called each morning from FW. I asked if they had any openings for 3 and she said, "I doubt it but I'll check.....I don't believe this...we have one for 3." I left a note from Cindy on our camper table to our daughter, inviting her to breakfast. She was thrilled. The moral of the story...don't stop trying...even when you get to Disney...magic does happen there sometimes.
TomM

Troyfus
12-08-2002, 09:06 PM
<Raising hand>.....Ummm.....I have a question.:confused:

Troyfus
12-08-2002, 09:16 PM
<Raising hand>.....Ummm.....I have a question.:confused:

How do you use the Breakfast Feature Vouchers from Connections with Cindy's? When you make the reservation they charge a deposit of $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids. The vouchers should cover everything (excluding any extra tip or items ordered). Do they credit back your CC after the meal? Or is there some special procedure I am supposed to go through before hand?

princessmomma
12-09-2002, 04:37 PM
I just called last week and asked a CM that exact question. She told me that the balance would be credited back after the meal.

MandaMom
12-09-2002, 10:16 PM
I have 2 PS for CRT in January. I was told by two separate CM's that my card would not be charged at all (unless we forget to cancel and don't show up). I made these ressies a month ago and I still don't see a charge so I think their information is correct.

Hope this helps

MandaMom

AnnetteWI
12-10-2002, 06:52 AM
First try, got reservations!!!!
I was half asleep, but I got em!

Annette

59 Days to go!!!

poober25
12-10-2002, 07:46 AM
I guess it depends on the CM. I told them I would be using Breakfast Feature vouchers and they said I would still be charged the deposit and would get it taken care of at the meal. I was charged my deposit within like a week of making my ressie, I think. Anyway, I don't care. I will be there Jan. 14. YEA!!!

fa mulan
12-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Got a PS on the first try also. And it set the tone for the day - everything's going my way so far! Thanks to everyone here for the encouragement and good karma.

I asked DD3 what she would do if she met Cinderella and she said "I would hug her." :)

Ours is 9:15 on 2/8. What about you AnnetteWI?

AnnetteWI
12-10-2002, 07:54 PM
I snatched 9:05 am on 2/8
My 5 year old DD is sooooo excited.
***I'm**** excited, I have heard so many people missing out and I am also very thankful. By they time they gave the confirmation number, it was sold out! Less than 5 minutes!!!

Ashley24
12-26-2002, 05:22 PM
I am trying for Cindy ressies tomorrow. Can anyone who has gotten these ressies recently tell me what you did? Did you press 1 or 2 or 0 or what? I read through all the posts in this thread and it seems like different disers were successful doing different things. Please help! We will only be at the MK for one day so I have to do it right the first (and only) time.
Thanks!
Ann

Princesstimes2
12-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Try calling the number tonight. I think Disney dining closes at 8 pm. See what the recording gives you as an option. They change this periodically. Good Luck!

disneymom3
12-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Regarding the connections vouchers; what happened with us was kind of confusing but it all worked out fine. I made my ressies, but didn't tell them I would be using vouchers. Then I heard you were supposed to tell them ahead of time so I called and told them. At that point the reversed the deposits for the two adults in our party and we had only one charge then of $5 for my child deposit. When we went to our breakfast and got the bill it had all the charges on there (not minus the deposits) even though I had told the waitress we would be using vouchers for the adults. Pointed out to her again that I had vouchers for the adults, so she brought us another bill with just the child meal on it, but still the full price not subtracting the deposit. She said to pay that and they would refund the difference to my card. Just checked my visa bill and sure enough the $5 credit is on there dated the day after we dined at CRT. So the confusing moral to this story is it may be confusing, but somehow or another, they work it out correctly in the end.

Briar Wood
12-26-2002, 08:24 PM
What I did and would recommend is calling at 6:56 and hitting 0 twice (or maybe three times) for each choice.:bounce:

valeriekay123
12-29-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Troyfus
The Sci Fi is an Epcot location, therefore you can book it 120 days beforehand. Since it is one of the Fantasmic dinner package choices, it is somewhat more popular and therefore more prone to being booked.

Just to clarify, Sci Fi is in the Disney MGM Studios and can be booked 120 days ahead for lunch and 60 days ahead for dinner. While the restaurants offered with the Fantasmic dinner package can change at any time, Sci Fi generally is not included.

Valerie

AnnetteWI
12-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Ashley,
were you successful getting the Cindy Ressies?

Ashley24
12-30-2002, 05:43 AM
Well, I feel pretty foolish admitting this, but I was mistakenly thinking that you could make Cindy ressies at the 120 day mark. Our vacation isn't until April! BUT my dh and I had great practice with trying to get the ressies! I used the Disney Dining number and immediately pressed 0 and got right in! That's when the CM told me about the 60 days, not 120 days!:p Oh well, at least I know what to do on Feb. 26th and it was kinda exciting!!!!
Ann

Ashley24
12-30-2002, 05:45 AM
A quick question...Is it possible for my dd to just get a bagel with butter on it for bfast at Cindy's? She has to be about the most pickiest eater alive! I just don't want to spend all that money and she doesn't eat anything there at all!
Ann

crusoemom
12-30-2002, 02:55 PM
FYI, if anyone reads this soon.
I just cancelled ressies for Cindy's (for 9, but actually two tables of 4 and 5) for Feb. 24 at 8:05am.

They've probably already been snatched up, but it won't hurt to give it a try.

Princesstimes2
12-31-2002, 01:00 PM
Ashley,
We were just there and I did not see any bagels. They did bring some chocolate muffins, croissants and a couple of danishes to the table. Maybe she would like that. I don't know how old your daughter is but my youngest was two when we went. She was not charged but they only brought her two french toast sticks. She did not like them so we gave her some of our eggs. You have to pay 10.99 for children 3 - 9 years. At least I think it is up to 9 it might be 11. Disney is kind of funny on what age is an adult. It is one age for park admission and another for dining.

We paid 10.99 for our three year old and I will have to say she is not a pickey eater and she ate nothing. It was way TOO much going on for either one of them to eat. We were so rushed that we were out of there in 30 minutes. We were given our bill before we finished eating and before all of the princesses had visited our table. BUT it was worth the money, just to see our girls in awe.

2bemarried
01-01-2003, 10:21 AM
I have a question for you all. My fiance and I will be in Disney for our honeymoon and I've been trying to find all of the really cool places to eat. Some coworkers of mine said that we should have dinner at Cindy's royal table. Is that possible or does she only have breakfast there. Thanks!

Are there any cool character dinners? We're looking for romantic but not stuffy. I think Victoria and Albert's would be way to stuffy for us.

PrincessMom98
01-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately, due to some pregnancy complications we will have to cancel our trip (Dr says just to be safe). If anyone is interested in my ressies (for 3) for Jan 17 or Jan 20 please let me know and I will coordinate calls.
Thanks,
Sue

PS - also will be canceling the Storybook breakfast for 1/18

Epcotgal8
01-03-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Ashley24
A quick question...Is it possible for my dd to just get a bagel with butter on it for bfast at Cindy's? She has to be about the most pickiest eater alive! I just don't want to spend all that money and she doesn't eat anything there at all!
Ann

I'd bet if you ask they will find you a bagel or if not, something that your daughter will like. Disney is very accomodating.

adisneyfan2
01-04-2003, 09:21 AM
We had breakfast New Year's Day & dinner last night at Cindy's with a very picky five-year old. Both times they were willing and able to accomodate him with something not on the menu. You do not need to rush at Cindy's. It is a relatively small restaurant, but even at the busiest times they are willing to let you stay until you are ready to go. If you let them know that you haven't seen all the princesses, they will be sure that anyone you missed comes to your table before you leave. (Remember that princesses are ONLY at breakfast, but the prime rib at dinner is fabulous!)

NOTE: On our way out of breakfast (8:45 am -- 45 minutes after the park opened to the general public), Cindy's was taking walk-ups for breakfast.

Also, we tried to get dinner at Cindy's, at Crystal Palace & at Chef Mickey's a month ago, but every night was already booked. We were able to get all of these by calling/stopping by early the day we wanted to eat.

Good luck everybody!

Praise2Him
01-04-2003, 02:01 PM
PrincessMom98
I sent you a pm about the 20th.
Lisa

Miss Park Avenue
01-09-2003, 11:34 PM
I've lurked on this Cindy's thread several times getting several tips for getting PS ressies for Cindy's. It's getting close to phone call time (well, March, but anyway). I noticed people set their clocks to military time to get the time right.

Anyway, my point is that I bought one of those alarm clocks at Walmart where you don't have to set the time, it just picks up a radio or satalite signal and give you the hour, minute and second. It seemed like this would be the most acurate. Anyone try one of those to get ressies?

If not, how do you get the accurate time?

Thanks!

adisneyfan2
01-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Here is a link to the Official US Time: http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5/java

Also, go to the first post on this thread & follow the link to GThorsen's tips for lots of great advice that has worked for us many times.

Yvonp
01-16-2003, 03:40 PM
I have to say that we had an absolutely fabulous time at the breakfast - it was definitely worth getting up at 5am to make ressies for! My daughter 5 wore her Sleeping Beauty dress and was called your highness by everyone, and my son 8, was 'm'lord' and he even enjoyed it. Both kids, and us, really enjoyed the food. Sure its overpriced but show my anything at Disney that isn't. Any really you could eat as much as you wanted - I loved the french toast. My DS 8, wasn't keen on the kids breakfast and they were happy to bring him an adult plate. One of the many wonderful highlights of our trip. We had Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Snow White.

carolb3
01-17-2003, 05:05 PM
I called for reservations last week, which was a few weeks AFTER the 60-day mark. I thought for sure they would not have anything. I got a table for 4 at 9:05 a.m.! I was shocked, but happy! Guess someone cancelled and I called at the right time!

ccgegg
01-20-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm a first-time Disney goer and obviously behind the game on Cinderella's breakfast. This thread has been very helpful.

We just booked our trip last weekend for Feb. 23-25. Looking for PS on any of those dates-- my 2 year old daughter would love you forever! Since I missed the 60-day advance, do I just keep calling the 407-939-3463 number to check for cancellations? Is this pure hit or miss, or is there a better time to call for cancellations? I really didn't want to call 10 times a day.

Michigandiver
01-22-2003, 10:50 PM
I decided, after reading all of the posts, that I would do a dry run the day before I really wanted the ressie to CRT. I set my computer to the atomic clock. At 6:55am, I called from my house phone and got the closed message. I wanted to get the number into my speed dialer. I called again at 6:57am. Same recording. At 6:58:55, I called using my cell phone and got through. Got an 8:05am ressie for March 23rd. Not the day I was trying to work into my schedule, but why tempt fate. We're going to the CRT.

When I made my ressie, I thought I heard the CM say that there was a $10 per adult and $5 per child non refundable deposit and that my ressie was not transferrable. Did I hear her right? I thought you could cancel within 24 hours without any charge.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

adisneynut
01-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Just make sure that you do cancel within the 24 hours time frame. If you don't then you will be charged. You did great for your first time. Many people try everyday and never get a PS. Sometimes everything just clicks. I was able to get CRT for this past Sat. about 1 week in advance. The CM just couldn't beleive it neither could I. It was a last mintue trip and a surprise for our 10 year old daughter.

OldSchoolDisney
02-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I have reservations for CRT Breakfast on Feb. 16th at 8:20 am. We will be staying at the ALL-STAR MOVIES resort. Is it possible to take the bus from our resort and arrive at the breakfast 15 min. before our reservation time or is the Disney transportation not running at this early time?

I would appreciate any advice........THANKS!

strawberryblonde
02-07-2003, 06:22 AM
There is a special bus that goes early just for the early breakfast people. Ask at check in to make sure of the correct time. Enjoy!

piepie31
02-09-2003, 04:47 AM
I can understand the frustration with the whole PS process because I have experienced it myself. I was fortunate enough to get seating in June 2002 for 13 people!! We saw quite a few) princesses there! (Cincerella, Belle, Snow White, Princess Aurora) We have gotten reservations for the breakfast or our trip in March and we hope our girls have as much fun as the first time.

Sometimes calling when you are at WDW you can snap up a cancelled reservation, so maybe its worth trying that.

We also got reservations for a Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian. Apparently it is a newer character dining experience. It was not very difficult to get reservations for this one at all.

KandK'smom
02-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank all of you for every little piece of advice you shared...I felt better know that I wasn't the only obsessed one! :) We used bits and pieces of advice from the DIS, and I don't know how, but this morning went two for three. We had three phones going - 2 land and 1 cell. The two land phones were using the calling from atomic time starting at 6:54 and hitting redial when we heard the office was closed. My husband had a cell and called, heard the closed reply and redialed manually. He got right through by pushing 0. I pushed zero, too but was on hold until 7:04. My mom pushed 1 and the CM didn't pick up until 7:10- too late. I was offered the last table at 9:50. My husband got an 8:05! Our kids are thrilled and I felt like I needed a glass of wine for breakfast to calm my nerves! :)) Anyway, I don't know if actually redialing goes through faster or if he was just plain lucky, but I thought I would share. I do think the 0 tactic was a plus! Thanks again everyone and good luck to all of you for later PS's!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-13-2003, 03:06 AM
Can someone direct me to what page on this thread shows a corrected link for the original post? I clicked that link and it's showing an error page on disboard. So I assume it got moved.. haven't really read this entire thread yet... but I guess I will if I have to, to find that link!
LOL

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-13-2003, 03:53 AM
Okay I read the whole thread. I really wish I could find that "tips" link though because the one on the original post on this thread isn't working and while some tips were in this thread... most posts just aluded to the tips- not really explaining them all in detail.

I need to know everything- is it 60 days before that you call? Where is this atomic timing thing so I can make sure I call at the right time? What time would that be for me? (I'm in Texas- central standard time)

I really gotta do this. We've never eaten at CRT -ever... and while I didn't think it was a big thing on our last trip (my oldest was almost 9 and not really the "princess" type and my youngest was barely two and didn't know any better... didn't know what she was missing LOL) but now my 2yr old is in love with "Rella". Everything has to be with Cinderella on it. She's sleeping with 'Rella right now (her favorite pillow in the entire WORLD) and I just GOTTA get in there for her this trip!! It would totally be the highlight of the entire trip for my wee one.

HELP!

Princesstimes2
02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
I had it marked in my favorites. It was a post from gthornson I think. But I went to it and it said invalid thread. So, I don't know what happened to it. If I find the info. I will send it. Good Luck.

Princesstimes2
02-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Specific Instructions for Getting a Cindy's PS
After reading a bunch of threads and getting some helpful (but occasionally conflicting) advice, I finally got my PS for Cindy's. I wanted to share my strategy with others who are torn about using outside help to get PS. Here is what I would recommend:

1) Determine the date that you can make your Cindy's reservation. Go to the DIS Priority Seating calculator and verify the earliest calling date for the dates that you can attend (60 days prior). Realize that there is a VERY good chance that you will be unsuccessful if you only try once. So plan on getting a PS for early in your trip and if you get it, GREAT. If you don't, you can still try the next morning.

2) You should only make reservations using the (407) 939-3463 number. The (800) numbers used for Disney Club and other services have delays (as much as 12 seconds) that will seriously hinder your ability to get a Cindy's PS.

3) Syncronize your clock. Go to the official U.S. time clock for great results. I have DSL at home, so I leave the official U.S. clock up on my screen while calling.

4) Begin calling at about 6:58 Eastern time. There are two possible greetings:
a) Thank you for calling the Disney Reservation Center. Our office is closed... (hang up immediately as soon as you hear the words "Our office" and hit redial immediately).
or
b) Thank you for calling the Disney reservation center (pause). You're in and on hold! Wait! Do NOT hang up or you will lose any chance of a ressie!

Please note that as of April 4, 2002, there is no option to hit "1" as previously described in some threads. The only responses are in a) and b) above. Simply wait to here whether the recording says, "Our office is closed."

Plan on calling 10-15 times during this two minute period. The range seems to be picking up between 6:58:30 and 6:59:30.

5) Upon speaking to a "live person", interrupt the CRO rep and blurt out "I need Cindy's, for June xx, for x people, any available time". The CRO rep will understand your temporary rudeness, and you'll make up for it later with endless amounts of gratitude... Don't try and pick a specific time. Any delays will seriously hinder your ability to get a PS.

6) Be sure to write down your time and PS #. If your PS is before the park opening, you'll have to present your PS# to get into the park.

Have any editorial suggestion? Please share!

Good luck to you all!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all the info!

Oh and btw, my 2yr old is in my lap and she just informed me that your avatar is "my Rella".

That would be HER Cinderella who don't know her "speak".

LOL

Princesstimes2
02-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Yes, I know that language. I have a two year old too. She also calls her Rella. I hope the info helps. I got a ps in December using these tips. And my girls LOVED seeing Rella. If you don't get it, call when you get there and keep calling. They do get cancellations.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-13-2003, 09:42 PM
:)
I love that 2yr old language. She can say just about anything, but refuses to say the entire "Cinderella". It's usually just Rella (or the ever popular MY Rella) LOL

I will do my best to get the PS and keep trying even throughout our trip! I never once saw Cinderella on both of my last trips except in the parades. So I hope we can see her SOMEHOW. :)

AnnaS
02-23-2003, 06:24 AM
Well I started calling this am at 6:59 with three phone lines. Closed, closed, closed, finally get through at about 7:01 and on hold for 5 minutes. Of course all booked. Many long distance calls and no PS. I might try one more time tomorrow, if no PS, I might just book the 1900 Park Fare (?).

Tried again this am, no luck - I can't wait to see my bill. What really got me frustrated this morning was that I was using 4 different lines (two at home and two cell), they do not answer in order call is received which really stinks. I was told computer randomly selects call. What kind of fairness is that? You have a better chance of hitting lotto.:mad:

Well, thanks to someone who send me an e-mail with the 800 number. I decided to try one last time for our last morning. We are in. Now I can't wait as much as my daughter.:D

Ithastobe
03-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Well... Day 3 of calling. On hold for about 5 minutes. All sold out already. Asked about the day before and BINGO had table for 4 for 9:50 a.m. Whoo Hoo!

If you can believe it, we waited to make all of our other plans (hotel, plane, rent-a-car based on us getting these ressies!) After I got off the phone with Disney - spent all day confirming up everything else. All set for Cindy on 4/29/03.

I even had hubby up and calling today. I know this is crazy, but my two girls (aged 5 and 3) would have bummed if we missed this.

Never thought I'd see the day that the entire trip is based off these ressies! Thought I'd share my good news to you all, and if you want to get these, it is possible
:bounce:

AnnaS
03-02-2003, 06:46 AM
Wow, good for you. Now could someone have cancelled that fast after reserving or could they have had an opening which for this week/time is almost impossible. Glad it all worked out for you.

ccgegg
03-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the advice from others to never give up. We just returned from our trip. Only were there 3 mornings, but asked the concierge to check for cancellations every time we got on and off the hotel elevator (I'm sure she got sick of us asking). But on the day before we were leaving, there were actually 3 different openings... yep, we had a CHOICE of times! And it was well worth it. The food is actually quite good and filling. Not to mention the great service... waitress called me "my lord" and my wife "my lady". If anyone is going in the near future, the characters present were Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Alice. Our 2 year DD was completely infatuated! And I, her father, couldn't resist getting my picture taken with Cinderella. Hope my wife doesn't mind the 11x14 enlargement I'm getting. ;-)

Ashley24
03-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Well, we had only one day to try to get the CRT ressies so dh and I both tried calling and we both got the same time, April 27th at 9:40. If anyone would like one of our ressies, just send me an email.
Ann

AnnaS
03-03-2003, 05:18 AM
Just curious, would someone else just take your ressie? Reason I am asking is do they enforce the check ID thing? and don't they carge your cc a few dollars? Just curious. :confused:

Ashley24
03-03-2003, 05:36 AM
I would arrange a mutual time to call in to cancel the ressie and then the other person could call immediately afterwards asking for that same morning. They use the cc to hold the ressie but I don't believe they charge it at all.
Ann

wisconsinmousermom
03-03-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Princesstimes2
Please note that as of April 4, 2002, there is no option to hit "1" as previously described in some threads. The only responses are in a) and b) above. Simply wait to here whether the recording says, "Our office is closed."

I don't agree with this statement. YOU MUST dial 1 immediatily after the pause, you get through MUCH MUCH faster. My dh and I did it 3 days in a row and only when we dialed 1 did we get through. Otherwise we were on hold till sometimes 5-7 minutes after seven.

My other advice is practice, practice, practice. Use more than 1 phone. Cell phones will work, we used 4, 2 each. Start calling at 6:57 EST. Start trying for PS's on the 1st day you will be at Disney, that way if you don't get through or get a late time one day, you will have the opportunity to try for an earlier time the next day or any following day.

1st day I called was just a practice day. 2nd day I called I got through right at 7:00 am, got a 9:45 PS. 3rd day I called I got through at 6:59 am, quickly punched 1, CM answered right away and I got an 8:30 am PS. I really think it depends on how fast your CM is that answers and the season you're trying to get a PS too.

THANKS TO EVERYONE...who has given advice on this board about getting these PS's. It was a GREAT help!! :D

jwfla422
03-03-2003, 11:04 AM
For the record, when we went a few weeks ago, they did NOT check my ID. I remember that they DID however check it last August, so I could have been anyone using my PS this past visit. Don't forget about the deposit though and keepin mind, there is always the possibility of them checking ID.

I still think the whole thing is so ridiculous, getting up early (if you don't have to, etc) and then trying to get the luck of the draw to get a PS. But, I am one of those who continues to do it:p

Ashley24
03-03-2003, 04:17 PM
When you make your PS ressie, and they take your CC #, do they actually charge your card at that time or just use it to hold your ressie?
Ann

Princesstimes2
03-03-2003, 04:25 PM
wisconsonmousermom,

Someone was trying to get to the tips page of this forum, I found it and copied this post and pasted it.

The options have changed NUMEROUS times since April. I know just last October, when I was trying for ressies, that it changed a couple of times within days of each other. So, everyone trying for these priority seatings should do a practice run the morning/night before to see what the present options are. That is what I did and I wrote down the options everytime. So, I would not forget them when I felt like this in the morning.:crazy:

Ashley24, they charged my credit card the morning that I made the PS.

momto2princesses
03-03-2003, 06:17 PM
I was able to get reservations last week by pushing 0 not 1. We only pushed 1 the first day of trying and waited on line 7-9 minutes. The second day we had 4 lines going and the ones that we pushed 0 on both got reservations with little or no wait while the lines with 1 pushed remained on hold.

I am going to cancel one of the reservations for 8:30, April 29, party of 4 and keep the earlier one. If anyone is interested in them I would be happy to coordinate it with you.

cinmell
03-04-2003, 05:49 AM
If 2 people get thru and you use the same cc# to hold the PS, is the dining system smart enough to know that there are 2 reservations for the same person, if so, will it cancel one or both of them? Obviously I would cancel one if we got two, I just thought I read this somewhere :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shells9
03-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Woo Hoo!!! It was one of the more stressful things I have done in my life, but WE GOT PS FOR CINDY'S! :D :D :D :Pinkbounc

I got through at about 6:58 or 6:59 atomic time, and got ressies for 8:15 on May 3!!!! I was so happy I was almost crying! I hit 1 as soon as the message started and was on hold for about 5 seconds before a SUPER nice CM picked up and helped me out! I was a little surprised at how long it took to get the info and how slow her computer appeared to be.

Just had to share my joy. I think I have read EVRY guidebook out here, every post here & at other boards and am very grateful for everyone's tips!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

tpseller
03-04-2003, 06:27 AM
I did not get through for Cindy's breakfast. Bummer!

I got up at 3:45 AM!!! I had three lines going - I pressed 1 - I pressed 0 - NOTHING!!!

So if anyone has a reservation that they are not going to use on April 30-May3, please let me know!

I asked the person I talked to if they had any cancellations on those days and she said no without even checking!

Should I continue to call for cancellations, or just wait until one week prior?

I can't beleive I am a grown woman getting up this early to get a breakfast reservation with a teenager dressed up in a costume!:confused:

I didn't tell my daughter that I was trying - didn't want her to be dissapointed!

Good luck to the rest of you!:D

cinmell
03-04-2003, 06:34 AM
tpseller,
In September, I called on the 60 day mark and it was sold out at 7:03! I called back an hour later and got a PS for the day I wanted. Obviously people had cancelled and I lucked out. Keep calling every day. Good Luck!

m.pots
03-04-2003, 06:37 AM
I got CRT too! I'm so excited! My dd will be even more excited! This was my first time calling for the first day of our trip. Was able to get May 3rd at 8:10. :) This isn't the day that we had intended on going but I thought I better try just in case.

I'm trying again tomorrow since May 4th is the day I had really planned for MK. If I'm able to get it I'll post so you'll know I'm cancelling the May 3rd.

I agree-this can be stressful... For some weird reason my landline phone froze up and would get a dial tone. Thanks goodness I had my cell handy and speed dialed the number. :) :)
Steph

What a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prncssjas
03-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Hi m.pots. I just sent you an email regarding your PR for Cindy's table. Did you end up getting your ressie for the 4th of May? :D

ccgegg
03-04-2003, 08:27 AM
tpseller, keep trying everyday. Don't wait til a week before. About 3 weeks before we went, the rep told me he just had someone cancel 3 tables that morning, but they already filled up. (sorta threw me a bone I didn't really want.) But we ended up getting our PS one day prior to us leaving.

Did anyone hear something about a young person in the Midwest who has his buddies calling up to reserve these PS's for Cindy's and then cancelling them at the last minute? The bell cap at Contemporary was telling us about it.... said there was an article in the Orlando newspaper about it..... but it was midnight, so I was only half listening.

tpseller
03-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

I called back today and got the nicest person on the phone and she checked and there were no cancelleations - yet.

BUT I WILL KEEP TRYING!!!

She also said to call the week before.

So I will randomly call and hope for the best!

CONGRATS!! to those who got in! Way to go!

We will be there from May 1-3 and then on the cruise the rest of the time.

Did I see that someone said that Cinderella was on the cruise a lot? Anyone know what other characters we will see?

Thanks again for the advice!

Shells9
03-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey, TP...you might want o give consideration to the Princess Breakfast at Epcot, which looks pretty good, or the one at Hollywood & Vine in MGM. I called about 10 days before and was able to get into Holywood & Vine. They have Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip & Dale there. A lot of people report great character interaction there.

I also echo what everyone else said about keep trying. You never know!

Good luck!

GrimGhost
03-06-2003, 06:06 AM
Got if for May 5, 8:30am..first try!!! I used the tips I found on Intercot.

momto2princesses
03-06-2003, 10:23 AM
I was lucky enough to get PS to CRT for 8:25. What time can I get into the park? It is not an EE day. I would like to go as early as possible even though nothing would be open. I thought it would be great to do some pictures and walk around without all of the crowds.

shelly3girls
03-06-2003, 10:30 AM
I just wanted everyone to know that I posted on the restaurant board that I will be cancelling a ps for CRT for May 3rd. Please let me know if you would like to try to co-ordinate the time when I cancel. 2 table of 4

shelly3girls
03-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that it worked. Although the other person needed to be on the phone for a while with a cm waiting for the ps to come up in the system, she got it! I would guess that others have done this, but it is just a first for us.

tpseller
03-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I am the lucky receipient of the PS from shelly3girls.

WOO HOO - THANK YOU shelly3girls - That was so awesome!!!

I just stayed on hold for a long time while the reservation lady kept refreshing her screen. I really lucked out that she was SO nice and stuck with me for so long. I have talked to some others that I know would not have done that. She just chatted with me until it showed up on her screen.

My DD is going to be beside herself when we tell her we are going to have breakfast with Cinderella!!

A question - does anyone know how many princesses usually are at the breakfast?

Thanks again to everyone on the board for the encouragement and especially shelly3girls for coordinating this with me!:p

shelly3girls
03-06-2003, 02:31 PM
No problem, it was worth it!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

cinmell
03-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tpseller

A question - does anyone know how many princesses usually are at the breakfast?

When we went to this breakfast in September, the characters there were Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Mary Poppins and Princess Aurora. Enjoy the breakfast!

ccgegg
03-06-2003, 02:44 PM
We just went last week and the princesses were Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Aurora, and Alice. I think I read that there are always five, but it varies.

A note of caution if you're videotaping any of it. All of our princesses except for Belle spoke in a very soft voice, so if you're expecting to capture voices on tape, you may want the closest person to hold the camera.

Enjoy it! It was our most memorable event at Disney.

momto2princesses
03-06-2003, 04:38 PM
I can't believe nobody wants these reservations. Incase you did not see my earlier post I am going to cancel for 4/29 CRT. I hope that someone from here can use them. If it wasn't for all of the tips on this board I do not think that I would have gotten them.

Please let me know if you can use these-I would be happy to coordinate it with you. Sounds like it worked for TPSELLER.

abt426
03-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Can someone who has recently gotten a Cindy's PS tell me what to do once I call and the office is open. I have read conflicting things about hitting 1, 2, or 0. Last time I did this I had to hit 1, but that was several months ago.

Thanks
Alena

KandK'smom
03-07-2003, 06:36 AM
We had three lines going- 2 land and one cell. My DH had the cell and I had the land, we both used the 0. We both got reservations- one at 8:05 and one at 9:50. My mom used the other land line and hit 1. She was on hold for about 7 minutes- they had sold out. They will come on and tell you if you are making a PS for anything other than V & A press 1. We wanted to try the 0 to see if it would work and fortunately it worked for us. One other thing, and I don't know if this made a difference or not, but my DH did NOT keep hitting the redial button as my mom and I did. Starting at about 6:54 he would dial, hear the "the office is now closed" and then actually redial the number. Maybe this made a difference- actually dialing in, then hitting 0. Good luck!

AWilliams
03-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Tomorrow is my last day to try. Every morning I've started dialing at 6:55 (using the time from the website address that was given).

Day 1 - One line, Pressed 1, CM answered at 7:04. Sold Out.
Day 2 - Three lines, Pressed 1 on two lines and 0 on 1 line, CM answered at 7:05. Sold Out.
Day 3 - One line, Pressed 1, CM answered at 7:10. Sold Out.
Day 4 - One line, Pressed 0, CM answered at 7:04. Sold Out.
Day 5 - Tomorrow will be my last day to try :mad:

I've already called to check for cancelations and there aren't any yet. The CM today told me the breakfast typically sells out in 3 minutes and they do answer the calls in the order they are received. He said there was no difference between pressing a 1 or 0 after the greeting.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Amy

shelly3girls
03-07-2003, 08:21 AM
AWilliams
We have been trying the past couple of days and have been very lucky. Keep calling for cancellations! Tomorrow is our first choice, but we have ps for other days from 5/4 to 5/6 that we will be cancelling if we get tomorrow. I would be happy to let you know if we are successful and can cancel any of the above dates. I am sure other do the same.

Chloesmom
03-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by shelly3girls
AWilliams
We have been trying the past couple of days and have been very lucky. Keep calling for cancellations! Tomorrow is our first choice, but we have ps for other days from 5/4 to 5/6 that we will be cancelling if we get tomorrow. I would be happy to let you know if we are successful and can cancel any of the above dates. I am sure other do the same.
I am dying for a May 6th PS. I would be eternally grateful if you would let me know when you plan to cancel. We had 2 people calling today with no luck.

shelly3girls
03-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Chloesmom
I sent you a pm.

Tay N Evie's Mom
03-08-2003, 07:34 AM
I'm doing the Cinderella's Happy Dance. I got through this morning for May 7th, 8:50am ressie. My twins are going to be so excited. When I heard an actual voice and she gave me a time, I almost started crying! Now I have to rearrange my entire schedule because I origionally wanted Cindy's for May 6th, but I don't mind-we got in, YEA!!!!!

Margaret64
03-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi Guys: My neighbor just now tells me that she has been trying and trying since the 60 day mark to see if she could get CRT reservations. They need a table for 6, but it is realy for her and her 3 year old girl. I'm sure the three boys and maybe Dad would probably love to not go, LOL. So, if a table for less is available that's fine too.

If anyone knows of someone cancelling their reservation, can they please let me know and she can try and co-ordinate calling in at the same time?

Many thanks, Margaret64

punkin
03-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Just got Cindy's ressie this morning. I am very excited. DH and I were on 2 phone lines dialing redial furiously at 6:57. Lot's of people must have been calling in because the connect time was extremely slow. I got in first and put on hold (music was pocahontas) Hubbie got thru a few seconds later and got put on hold in a different line (music was lion king). Hubbie's CM picked up first. I was on hold until hubbie confirmed ressie and then hung up without ever sppeaking to CM. So, now I'm really confused, why was DH able to get thru before me when I was on a few seconds before him? Any ideas?

In any event...We're going!!!

AnnaS
03-09-2003, 08:16 AM
I was told and have read that calls are answered in order received which is not true. One of my calls was answered first and was second or third dialed.

punkin
03-09-2003, 08:22 AM
So it really is random dumb luck, huh? There's got to be a better (fairer) way.

Margaret64
03-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Kind of like standing in line to get a wrist band for concert tickets that are still allocated by lottery?

Margaret64

timbud1
03-09-2003, 11:53 AM
I think the whole system is nuts! I actually got through on my second try - YAY! However, I plan to try tomorrow as timing would be much better. Does anyone know if they will just transfer my reservation should I get lucky and get through again?
Do I need to start all over and cancel my other one later or what? I hate to have a reservation I don't need even for one second! If I get lucky, there may be an opening for four on May 6 by 7:05!

Tay N Evie's Mom
03-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Don't hold your breath for that May 6th ressie (LOL)! I wanted May 6th also, but didn't get it. I got one for May 7th yesterday. I tried to call again today for May 8th (out of all the days I didn't want a Cindy's ressie it would have been May 7th and behold-that's the only one I got) I was on hold until 7:09 and it was already sold out for May 8th. I asked about Cindy's for May 6th and the entire week of May 5th for Princess Storybook-everything was booked. I guess it was meant to be for us to go on May 7th. Now I have to rearrange all my other PS, May 7th was going to be our off day from the parks and go to DTD.:D

timbud1
03-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Hey - that's what happened to me! I got into the darn thing on an "EPCOT Day" for us. We have a PS for dinner that I don't want to change, so I guess we'll be eating nicely that day. We're not on property, so I pretty much have to avoid those early entry days! Wish me luck for tomorrow - my last chance for a better morning!!!