PDA

View Full Version : Does Wishes alternate with MVSHP?

karenwwu
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Haven't been since 1990 so I am going myself a First Timer. We hope to go in Dec 5-11, 2009; reserved an ASMu Family Suite. I starting to wonder about Wishes and the December event of MVSHP (is this the correct acronym?). I understand that MVSHP requires a special ticket purchase. Does this event take place and alternate nights with the Wishes and night parade at MK? Am I making sense? I ask b/c I wasn't planning on buying a ticket to get into MVSHP (I still don't really know what this event entails) but wanted to see the Wishes show. Does Wishes only occur on the nights that MVSHP isn't taking place?

ChelleinNC
09-15-2008, 04:03 PM
The acronym you're looking for is MVMCP --Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Wishes is usually held on party & non-party nights. It's shown at park closing for those leaving, and then a special holiday version is shown later at night during the party.

Which night parade are you referring to? Spectromagic is the "light up" night time parade held all year, it is only on certain nights (check the schedule on Disney.com) The Christmas Parade (the one you see on TV Christmas morning, is only shown at night during the MVMCP)

For info on MVMCP check this link (http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/mvmcp.htm)

When you figure out more questions, ask away :goodvibes (answers always lead to more questions ;) )

karenwwu
09-16-2008, 08:33 AM
Ah, thank you for setting me straight. Can't believe how I butchered up that acronym but I was getting it confused with the Halloween one. Anyway, I digress.

I think I understand what you are saying but when I looked on the official Disney website at the MK calendar. I clicked on random days in Dec 08. On days that had MVMCP, Wishes was not listed and vice versa. Does that contradict what you described? Thanks again. I love Disboards!

ChelleinNC
09-16-2008, 09:02 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Wishes is shown every night, even on party nights.

I know that last year, we got to the park early before the party and saw "regular" Wishes, and then the crowds left. Later that night during the party we saw Holiday Wishes.

I'm not sure why the Disney Calendar isn't showing it on party nights :confused3 this year. They could be cutting back? Or, just didn't put it on the calendar for some reason. Maybe someone else has more info.