PDA

View Full Version : OT: Diapers

sl_underwood
09-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Which brand is the best for leak protection? My foster son is waking up each morning in a soaked bed. I have tried several brands so far but obviously not the right ones, any suggestions?

thepeach80
09-15-2008, 11:28 AM
You might try going up a size at night or get some nightitme diapers, I think it's Huggies that makes those. We use Luvs and don't have a problem when we use those instead of our cloth diapers.

thegrimdwarf
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Pampers Cruisers are the only things I use. I tried Luvs and Huggies - no good, and don't even get me started on the box of defective Luvs that kept splitting open and leaving those weird, sticky gel-pellets all over the house....

That said, all kids are different. Where is your foster son leaking from - can you tell? If it's the legs, you should try a different brand for sure because that's where fit is so important. If it's over the top, I'd try a larger size in whatever brand you're using and see if that helps.

Also - another hat-tip to Cruisers - they are now making an "ultra absorbant" one that is supposed to keep going for 12 hours. It costs more than the regular ones (of course), and seems to be limited on availability - the only place I've found them is at BJ's Warehouse. I've been putting him in those at night for a couple of months, and he's never leaked (and he pees like it's his job).

puffkin
09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Good luck! We have tried everything!

When he was smaller, the Huggies Overnights (purple package) worked pretty good. But they run small so he has been out of them for awhile now.

I :love: Pampers Cruisers and that is the only thing I use during the day, but he completely saturates those at night. He leaks through them, not out the top or sides (even the new ultra absobency ones). So now I am double diapering him to sleep, with a pampers cruiser on first and then a pull up on top. He still leaks out at times but it has been better.

We have also been doing better now that he is potty training. We try to make him go right before bed and that seems to help a bit too.

A lot of people recommend diaper doublers (an abosbent pad you can put in the diaper) but I have never found those in stores around here.

cheap traveler
09-15-2008, 11:51 AM
While you are thinking about what is causing the leaking, try to see if he is aimed "up", if you know what I mean. I only have daughters, but many boys I used to babysit had the problem of leaking out the top. A gentle repositioning worked wonders. Also, if it is just the amount he goes, there used to be special inserts, just an absorbant pad to put in the area of flow. You could try a heavy flow maxi pad for the same result - my little sister needed those for a few months.

laughinplace199
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
My youngest DS is 22 months. He wears Pampers Cruisers during the day and Huggies Overnites at night. We have had no problem with leaks since switching to these two brands.

Disney1976
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
To follow up on what some pp's have mentioned:

You can find diaper doublers at Babies R Us, and also Toys R Us, I'm pretty sure. They run about $3.00 for a package of 30 and work great. I've heard of people also using a maxipad in a diaper if they can't find the doublers and supposedly that works just as well?

Huggies Overnights now come in a size 6 -Walmarts around here are carrying them.

Didn't know about the Pampers Cruisers -isn't that interesting! I'm sure they're looking to take marketshare from Huggies.

blessedby3
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I use Pampers and have never had a problem with leaks. I dont like the Luvs and will use Huggies if I have to.

HelenePA
09-15-2008, 12:40 PM
When leaks start happening.. Go up a size. Its always worked for me :)

tam626
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
I tried them all & found Luvs to work the best. Maybe we should've done a poll.:thumbsup2

katied
09-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I use Pampers Cruisers and Huggies overnight - I always move up a size early - so when DS was around 20 lbs, we moved to size 4 (vs. the 22 lbs they list as the starting size).

We have been leak-free with this method.

*pixie*dust*
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree with going a size up. For my son, who is really long in the torso, Huggies a size up was the best.

1hero2princesses
09-15-2008, 04:12 PM
I only had this problem with my DS, I think it is mostly with boys. Anyway we used the overnights and those seemed to work. Everything else would leak. It was a big pain until we found those. Strangely enough once he potty trained he only wet the bed like twice.

pooh4evr
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
DD had this problem and we would use the Huggies overnite ones

mommy2allyandaveri
09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
If you've already tried the different sizes and brands, you could try putting a maxi pad in there (the thin ones) to absorb extra. I had to do this with both my kids at one point or another, I hated washing the bed every single day...

ClarabelleCowFan
09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Huggies Overnites (in the purple package) are the only ones that keep DS from leaking. I never had a problem with my girls but this little boy sure can GO!

sl_underwood
09-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys... I really like the pampers cruisers as they dont come undone when he is running around but they arent working at night, will try the huggies for overnight and if they dont work will buy the pads. We live in a small town so hopefully I can find these over at Walmart today. I have never had one that goes so much during the night. And its not as if he drinks all the time, I honestly dont know where it is coming from. He tends to have a glass of milk before bedtime but that is maybe 4 oz. As for toilet training he is nowhere near ready yet but hopefully soon. Diapers are so expensive!

HelenePA
09-16-2008, 09:31 AM
It might sound silly but make sure "its" pointing down when he goes to bed too ;)