PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else watching this program??

Mackey Mouse
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Is there something wrong with me that I love programs about vampires... OMG and quite shall I say, hmmmm, explicit, yup that is a good word...

Second show on tonight, 9:00pm, HBO..

BarleyJack
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Nothing wrong with you! Would love to see it but alas, no HBO

rpmdfw
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
We saw the first one, and have the second one on the DVR waiting for us to watch it.

Loving it so far . . .

Footnotegirl
09-15-2008, 01:47 AM
I can't wait to see this show! I am a huge fan of the books that the show is based off of, and from what I can tell they are really doing this right, with great respect for the source material and heavy involvement from the original author.

If you're interested in the series, it's by Charlaine Harris, and it's called the Southern Vampire series. the first book is "Dead Until Dark" and there are several books out.

disney's daughter
09-15-2008, 06:13 AM
I am watching it...I loved the first show! Very intriguing!

It looks like it's going to be a "must see" series for me! :banana:

jamieandben
09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm so hooked on this show.:love:

Mackey Mouse
09-15-2008, 07:29 AM
I am not going to be a spoiler for those who taped but last night's was good..

Now I want to get the books and start reading, but if they are staying true to the books, do I want to read them now? Maybe I just want to watch the program.......

I have to admit I am not a huge fan of Anna Paquin, it is probably from that movie The Piano....I liked her in X Men...anyway, she does look good and grew up nicely.. plays the role well....the brother, well he is annoying.

I also love the woman that plays her grandmother, Lois Smith, such a good character actress....well trained, always liked her in anything she is in.. And how about that Bill Compton... *sigh* what a nice vampire. I do not remember him in Quills but it says in his bio that he was in it, now that was a bizarre movie...

Anyway, next Sunday cannot come fast enough for me, I wish it was on twice a week, but then that is what they want us to wish...

Saxton
09-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm watching it. I started because of Alan Ball who also did Six Feet Under - that was such a great series. I'm typically not into the vampire genre but so far this has got me hooked. It's a bit quirky and offbeat and that translates into fun for me. I agree that her brother's character is bad in a completely annoying way. The scene when Bill healed her was wild (I won't give it away for those of you that haven't watched it yet).

Mackey Mouse
09-15-2008, 08:34 AM
"The scene when Bill healed her was wild (I won't give it away for those of you that haven't watched it yet)."

Incredible..

TuckandStuiesMom
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
OOOOOOhhhhhhhh Maaaa-aaaaaan... I am probably the only person here that didn't like it -- the accents are just SO wrong. And it didn't help that I think Bill the vampire is also the actor who eats a cannoli in a local (AZ anyways) Bank of America commercial. He is tres cute but alll I can think of is: Blood or cream filling? Blood or cream filling?:confused3 Maybe I'll give it one more episode to see i was mistaken...

Mackey Mouse
09-16-2008, 06:27 AM
OMG you made LOL..

Hey... you know what they say, if we all liked the same thing, the world would be so boooooooooring..

It is what I think when I hear someone trying to do a Boston accent in a movie or on TV.. puhleeze deliver me.. you have to live here to talk like this..

Right Wally??? Mike, do I have the worst Boston accent.. Mike makes fun of it. I cannot help it.

So I understand you on there not getting the accent right.. and the cannoli thing, he was probably starving, no work and had to do a commercial.. now everytime I watch this, it will pop in my head, he does a cannoli commercial??

disney's daughter
09-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Awwwww.....Give it another try...It will grow on you! :thumbsup2

Speaking of accents...I grew up as a child in Kentucky...then moved to Michigan in my teens...I STILL have a southern accent...(probably because I talk to my relative in KY all the time). When I visit KY, the relatives talk about my "northern" accent...When I am in Michigan, people will ask me which southern state I am from...I'm 58 years old...I don't know WHAT accent I actually have! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Viki
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Gwen and I watched this show for the first time last week and loved it!!! Life has been really busy but you all remind me we must now have one waiting on ON DEMAND... yeah, maybe we'll watch it tonight (though the family keeps trying to rope me into watching ENCHANTED, a bullet I've so far dodged!) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Mackey Mouse
09-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I loved Enchanted........watch it Viki, you will like it? or not.

OK. I am so addicted I actually went to the book store to start the Sookie Stackhouse series, they did not have any of the books.. I then went to the Library and got a library card and took out two books and ordered the rest... I am so desperate to read the books, I actually have one in big print..

OMG.. get the gun, I am losing it.

Leoscrp27
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I am loving this show!!! Good to know there are others out there who do too!:cool1:

TuckandStuiesMom
09-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Gwen and I watched this show for the first time last week and loved it!!! Life has been really busy but you all remind me we must now have one waiting on ON DEMAND... yeah, maybe we'll watch it tonight (though the family keeps trying to rope me into watching ENCHANTED, a bullet I've so far dodged!) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

HI VIKI!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Viki
09-18-2008, 08:05 AM
HI VIKI!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Hey, friend!!!

I'm here more than you all might realize, but don't post as much as I'd like because life is traveling at the speed of sound! It was really nice to be able to have a few minutes yesterday so that I could actually LOOK for threads to chime in on ...:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Keep up the great community!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Saxton
09-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I actually had some free time tonight so I just got done watching episode 3 via OnDemand. One thing I've noticed in each episode so far is that you could easily substitute gay/lesbian for vampire (well, except for the sucking blood part). For example, the religious fanatics appear on tv attacking vampires as immoral degenerates undeserving of equal rights. Characters are shocked when others admit that they have gone to vampire bars and even enjoy having sex with vampires. I know that the tv series is based on books and I was wondering if the books are written this way or if it's creative liberty for television. I watched a few of the pre-shows and they talked about vampire history rather than the adaptation. They did show the author for a little while but she didn't go into any depth and I'm curious about her intentions. I'll do some research but I thought maybe someone may have the answer. On the plus side I've never really been interested in vampires but I may actually pick up the books now.

Footnotegirl
09-27-2008, 09:16 PM
I am a longtime fan of the books. In the books, the vampires can sort of stand in as any minority that might have to hide and/or come 'out of the closet'. She draws subtle links to the holocaust, civil rights, etc. etc.
But mostly it isn't very obvious.

SPOILER ALERT
No, seriously, spoilers.

Don't look if you don't want to know.

Later on in the book series, Sookie becomes aware of Other Creatures. They are not out of the closet.

Spoilers over.

I would say, if you really love the show and want surprises, then don't read the books yet. I saw Charlaine and Alan at Comic Con this year, and they said that the first season is basically the first book, and if they get the green light, they'll probably carry on that way to a greater or lesser degree. Apparently, the actors were asked to read the books so that they know stuff about their characters they need to know that come up later.
Some characters in the show are not as major in the books. Sookie's best friend and Lafayette, for instance, are not much more than bit players.

Saxton
09-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Thank you for the information. It sounds like they play it up a bit in the tv series. And thanks for the spoiler alert ... I didn't read that part of your post!

disney's daughter
09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
YIKES! I believe I have a PROBLEM! I am becoming addicted to that show. :happytv: The chemistry among all the characters is fantastic! I don't think I had seen any of the actors before...(except for the woman playing the grandmother)

While I was watching last night's episode, my husband came into the room..and said.."WHAT are YOU watching?" I saw his expression as I tried to explain to him...the killings, the relationships...."He's a good vampire"..."They are falling inlove"...."Her brother is........." "The two young women are best friends..." She can read people's minds...Oh...but not the vampire's"...:lmao:

I saw the look on his face...So...I told him that "Vampires" are the "in thing" right now...I believe there is a book out for teenagers and up called "Twillight"...and a movie is to follow?

To really show my age...."True Blood" sure isn't "Dark Shadows"!!!:dance3:

npmommie
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Is there something wrong with me that I love programs about vampires... OMG and quite shall I say, hmmmm, explicit, yup that is a good word...

Second show on tonight, 9:00pm, HBO..

I absolutely LOVE all things vampire!!! I know I know!!! and when I read this post awhile back, I wanted to check out this show, and finally yesterday I got a chance to watch episode 1 on demand, and i got 1/2 way thru episode 2 today, I am going to finish it before I go to bed.
so yes I am now hooked on this show!!!

I can't wait to see this show! I am a huge fan of the books that the show is based off of, and from what I can tell they are really doing this right, with great respect for the source material and heavy involvement from the original author.

If you're interested in the series, it's by Charlaine Harris, and it's called the Southern Vampire series. the first book is "Dead Until Dark" and there are several books out.

thanks for the book info, I am going to start the books, I was wondering if the series is based on books.
I loved Enchanted........watch it Viki, you will like it? or not.

OK. I am so addicted I actually went to the book store to start the Sookie Stackhouse series, they did not have any of the books.. I then went to the Library and got a library card and took out two books and ordered the rest... I am so desperate to read the books, I actually have one in big print..

OMG.. get the gun, I am losing it.
is the sookie series within the southern vampire series, or is it different? i want to read them in order.....LOL

edit: i see that the sookie series is aka southern vampire series, from the website

Mackey Mouse
10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
If you go to Amazon, they give you the order. I ordered the first three but have not started them yet.. Right now I am addicted to the show and tonight's episode was great.. I would have liked a little more Sookie and Bill...I hate how they end it and I have to wait till next week to find out what happened.. I know they do it to keep me coming back...but darn next Sunday is so far away..

npmommie
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I got thru episode 2 and part way thru 3..........love this show!
Is Bill the guy from the bank of america donut commercial??? I kept thinking that as I was looking at him!

Did anyone else notice the sign in the beginning song........"God hates Fangs"

I can't figure out if the Vampires are referenced to homosexuals or blacks. I suppose it could be either, like someone else said, just put any minority group in there and it fits.

Mackey Mouse
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I have heard that Bill is in some commercials although I have not seen him.. Yes I saw that sign, the whole beginning is bizarre...... and the song, love it, at first I thought it was sung by Chris Isaak, but it is someone else and yes he sings it gooooooood.

jamieandben
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
The name of the song is Bad Things by Jace Everett.
I Love it too.

npmommie
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
The name of the song is Bad Things by Jace Everett.
I Love it too.

oh thanks, i love the song too!

mackey, its the BOA commercial about keep the change, the guy (bill) walks into a donut shop, after he finds a quarter on the sidewalk.

npmommie
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Ok, I just watched epidose 3 finally last night, and I was laughing at the part when ...........SPOILER ALERT.............

Jason get taken in for questioning for Dawns killing and he drinks the "V Juice" in the cop car, then what happened when he was being questioned........too funny!
and I have to say, I love the Lafayette character, and what a character!
and those 3 from the "nest"..........do not like them.
who was that being drained in their house when bill came over? after they found out about Jerry and the hep D?

disney's daughter
10-07-2008, 10:44 AM
If you are talking about the woman hanging upside down, she was the woman who was sitting on the couch with one of the three vampires when Bill came into the house. Remember, there was also a young man...(the one Sookie "heard" with the hep D) Evidently, the woman either "gave herself" completely or she was so under their spell, she was a goner.

I absolutely LOVE Lafayette's character! I know I have seen him on another show...I love the scene in the restaurant where he let those guys...especially the one who ordered the hamburger delux have it!:lmao:

The "ending" to the last episode....Was that in the book? I don't think I liked it.:confused:

jlewisinsyr
10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Chip watched an episode or two...don't really know if he liked it though.

npmommie
10-07-2008, 11:22 AM
If you are talking about the woman hanging upside down, she was the woman who was sitting on the couch with one of the three vampires when Bill came into the house. Remember, there was also a young man...(the one Sookie "heard" with the hep D) Evidently, the woman either "gave herself" completely or she was so under their spell, she was a goner.

I absolutely LOVE Lafayette's character! I know I have seen him on another show...I love the scene in the restaurant where he let those guys...especially the one who ordered the hamburger delux have it!:lmao:

The "ending" to the last episode....Was that in the book? I don't think I liked it.:confused:

Now I remember the woman on the couch, I forgot about her!!! I hope to get thru episode 4 and 5 tonight after the kids go to bed:thumbsup2

Mackey Mouse
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Ok.. well the previews for next week and the ending of #5.. well darn it, I am ticked..

Oh.. and I soooooo love Lafayette.... I would definitely be his friend, he makes me laugh. Alright, so he is a drug dealer and deals V... I still like him.
Jason makes me crazy.....handsome but stupid.

I want Sookie and Bill to get together.. I might have to go read the books so that I do not have to wait till next Sunday..

Want me to find out and come back and tell you..

disney's daughter
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I definitely want Sookie and Bill to get together...I want Lafayette to find somebody special for him, too....:hug: :banana:

Do you think there is a "nice" vampire out there besides Bill?:confused3

Mackey Mouse
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I am wondering that too.. the blonde lady they keep showing on the TV fighting for vampire rights... I wonder if she is putting them on.. Remember the guy that dared to question her......would not speak to her in debate, he got killed..and his family too, I think.

So.. Bill is trying to mainstream...I wonder if anyone else is.. What about Eric.. liked him too.

This program is so good.

npmommie
10-08-2008, 11:54 AM
ok I watched the last episode last night and all I can say about the ending is WTH????? Did not like that one bit.

I did not like Eric at all, he seems dangerous.
loved what Lafayette did with the burger. hehe

disney's daughter
10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I didn't like the ending either...Wish it were some sort of a "dream sequence"...but, I doubt it. I don't think it was necessary...

Eric is the "oldest" vampire right now...but, I have a feeling the woman (vampire) who originally bit Bill is even "older", thus giving her more power. I wonder when or if she will come on to the "present time".....

I have a feeling Sookie will become very important to Eric...later on down the road....All kinds of possibilities there...Eric could also fall in love with Sookie, too...I don't know how scenes between Eric and Sookie could even compare to the scenes between Bill and Sookie. The actors who play Bill and Sookie are dating in real life... That sure helps makes the sparks fly...:laughing:

Mackey Mouse
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
"The actors who play Bill and Sookie are dating in real life... That sure helps makes the sparks fly..."

I love that they are dating, my daughter told me that too.. I hated the ending of No. 5. I do not get it, I am upset by it without saying what it is.. wahhhhhhh!!!!

It is a great ensemble cast and I am loving this series..

npmommie
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Did not like what happened to gran. sshheeeesh. for those reading the series, did that happen in book 1??
i really liked her character.
but anyway, the end of sunday nights episode..............oooh la la.........bill the vampire can bite me anytime he wants:lovestruc

npmommie
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
this afternoon, my 5 yo came over to me smiling and being super cute, and telling me which Thomas train he wants to buy next time we go shopping......so I say ok we can do that.
and when 5 yo left the room, hubby is laughing and says " your 5 yo just glamoured you":rotfl2:

npmommie
10-13-2008, 11:56 PM
oh one more thing i thought of.
when the coroner and his assistant were carrying the body out, the assist was thinking .......he hoped sookie didn't recognize him from the vampire bar.
is he a vampire? or a "fang banger"?
geez i love this show! LOL

disney's daughter
10-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I believe he is a "Fang Banger"....:)

Footnotegirl
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Yes, in the books, Gran dies early on.
Seriously, read the books. It does give a whole new twist to the series if you know some of the things in there.

Some of the (not so very spoilery, esp. if you've watched all the eps) differences so far.

Tara and Lafayette (and to a certain point, Jason) are not as major characters. Tara certainly doesn't have near as much personality, and Lafayette is much more flaming, and not a drug dealer.

Nothing happens btwn Tara and Sam.

Jason does not take V.

There's a lot less sex (it's all from Sookie's viewpoint, so the only sex we see is what she's directly involved in).

The Bellefleurs are much more frequent characters (Andy Bellefleur and his sister and grandmother).

No Bubba on the show yet (you won't get this unless you read the books!)

disney's daughter
10-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow...There are some major differences....Lots of sex...and Jason and Tara are fairly "main" characters on the show.....Were there as many deaths right away in the book as on the show? It seems like there has been a death every week....Soon, they will run out of people! I guess I am going to have to break down and get the books!:happytv:

Footnotegirl
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Jason becomes more major in later books, but he's never a huge character.

And yes, there are a lot of deaths. Charlaine Harris started as a mystery fiction writer, (well, still is) so murders are a frequent occurence.

I highly suggest her other supernatural series if you want to read something that won't spoil you, the Harper Connelly series. It's about a woman who was hit by lightning when she was a teenager and now can tell where dead people are and when close/in contact with them she can tell how they died. The books are "Grave Sight", "Grave Surprise" and "An Ice Cold Grave".

disney's daughter
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Yes....I LOVE those kinds of stories...LOVE them! Thank you....:rotfl:

Mackey Mouse
10-15-2008, 06:05 PM
OK.. sorry I did not get back here. I think I am in shock... it bothered me that he bit her. It took away the purity, like why couldn't he love her without biting her. I am a hopeless romantic and now want to know the ramifications of the bite.. will she become his love slave, will she become a vampire?? What does it mean??

I have the first three books. I am going to have to read like a maniac to figure this out.

npmommie
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
I have the 1st book, but have not started reading it yet, I figured they changed some things for the show, so I am waiting til the season is done before I read it.
then I will have to read them all!
or should I start now! what to do! what to do!
I don't think Sookie will be a vampire from the bite, I think he has to drink most of her blood, then she has to drink his to become a vampire, is that right?

NikkiPants
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
This looks pretty awesome!
I loved Buffy. It was my favorite show...my gf got me the whole series on DVD as a Christmas gift, lol...so awesome.
I wish I had HBO!!!!

disney's daughter
10-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Sookie did drink some of Bill's blood after she was attacked by that couple...and she didn't turn into a vampire....It resulted in a "deep connection" between the two of them....Which leads me to this question...

Jason drank a little vial of "V"...(isn't that the blood from a vampire?) He freaked out with all of the "side effects"....Sookie drank a lot of Bill's blood (to save her life after the attack)...Wouldn't you think she would have had even stronger "side effects"? But, she didn't. :confused3 :happytv:

Mackey Mouse
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
She did drink a lot of his blood..he said it would heighten her senses, he would be able to know when she needed him and it would increase her libido..hence the visit in the nightgown running through the cemetary..

Obviously Jason does not need any help in the libido department....personally his character makes me crazy.. I am thinking the V is making him a little crazy.....like someone on illegal steroids??

Tara and Sam.. what is going on there? Are they an item?? I thought Sam loved Sookie..

ok.. so Sookie drank his blood and it brought her back to life, she did not become a vampire then. He drank her blood so now what does that mean?? She is his and they are connected forever? I am not happy about the bite.. sorry.. I wanted him to love her without the biting part.. LOLOLOL

disney's daughter
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree...I don't want her to be a vampire either...You know they will get together...and then break up...The make up scene would be much better knowing she was still all human...:rotfl:

Yep..I don't think Jason needs his "V" either!!!!! WHEW!

Mackey Mouse
10-17-2008, 06:57 AM
I am sorry.. I gave in, I am reading the first book. I had to.. I need to know what is going on. So far, I have to admit, they have stayed relatively close to the book....I am only in beginning though....Maude is dead, the Rats are dead, and he is coming to speak to the Glorious Dead. I cannot believe I am talking in True Blood lingo. LOLOL

disney's daughter
10-17-2008, 07:54 AM
It grows on you, doesn't it? I know...When I try to explain to my friends that I have really been involved in watching a "vampire" series...They just look at me and shake their heads!:banana: :rotfl: :lmao:

Saxton
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
It grows on you, doesn't it? I know...When I try to explain to my friends that I have really been involved in watching a "vampire" series...They just look at me and shake their heads!:banana: :rotfl: :lmao:

Yup, it definitely grows on you! I just watched the last episode and I agree with others, Bill biting Sookie is disturbing. I'm hoping it's a dream sequence but I don't think so.

npmommie
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Maybe I am turning into a vampire romantic, i liked the bite. I think it connects them.
I still haven't started reading yet.

Mackey Mouse
10-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I am so laughing.. we are definitely addicted... c'mon Sunday!!!!!!!

Saxton
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Sunday is tough because Dexter is on at the same time, I usually watch Dexter that night and then watch True Blood later in the week. It figures - I don't watch TV much but they put these 2 shows on at the same time.

Mackey Mouse
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Nothing takes precedence for me over True Blood.. I have to watch Sunday and then maybe rewatch during the week so that I am ready for the following Sunday.. I am over the top.

By the way, I hate that the other vampires are coming to the town.....I am so upset that they went into Merlotte's to cause trouble.. They better not start with Sookie and Bill....

disney's daughter
10-17-2008, 04:39 PM
What's really bad is that I recite the "G Rated" version of each episode to my grandchildren. The two girls said, "Oh No! How could Bill BITE Sookie like that? I thought he LOVED her!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :laughing: :laughing:

Mackey Mouse
10-17-2008, 04:49 PM
So funny.. see even your granchildren did not want Bill to bite Sookie, I am not alone. I think I am over the top with this....you are going to make get off the computer and start reading the book... I just do not want to get ahead of the story, but then I do want to know what is going to happen.

npmommie
10-19-2008, 12:31 AM
OH NO!! Sunday is almost here and now there is going to be a game 7!!! what to do?? LOL
So mackey are you watching true blood or the red sox tampa game??

I think I am going to watch the ball game, then catch true blood either at 11:30 when they repeat it or on demand.
its a tough decision!!!

disney's daughter
10-19-2008, 05:50 AM
I won't be able to watch it next Sunday...I'll be at Disney World....Hopefully, you all will help me catch up on what I missed! I'm so into it...I purchased a Jace Everett CD that has the song, "I Want to Do Bad Things to You"....I LOVE that song....I LOVE the series...I LOVE the characters....I LOVE it all....But, no.....no matter what....I won't drink the "V"! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Mackey Mouse
10-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Have fun in WDW DD... we will catch you up.. do not worry. Have fun in WDW!!!!!

Oh no.. oh no. I am in trouble.. I am in Boston for my husband's treatment on Monday.. only one TV.. HELP!!!!!! npmommie, thanks for the heads up, what if I thought, yippie 9:00pm and hubby is watching the game, it might not have been pleasant.. now I am prepared and have a plan..

I am thinking I may have to DVR True Blood, how can I take away the Red Sox game from my husband.. I cannot do it. But as soon as that game is over, I am watching even if I have to put toothpicks in my eyes to keep my eyes open..

I do love that song.. I may have to get the CD too... this is bad addiction, this is worse than watching the first Survivor many years ago. I cannot think of a show that I felt that I needed to watch... oh well... it is a good addiction, there are fine worse ones... I use to like Lost, but the lost me finally.. just got so weird.....but not like this one.

npmommie
10-20-2008, 01:32 AM
well I can't believe I choose to watch the ball game instead of true blood, and the red sox had the nerve to LOSE!!!!!!!
accckkkkk! thank goodness for hbo on demand:thumbsup2

Mackey Mouse
10-20-2008, 06:00 AM
I actually watched, Tom said.. you watch True Blood.. I cannot take the pressure of the Red Sox..

So.. I am not going to spoil it, after you on demand it, we can discuss, suffice it to say, I was not happy. In the beginning, the romantic in me was, but by the end, I was like.. now I am ticked.

disney's daughter
10-20-2008, 06:50 AM
Me too! :sad1: I wonder if "that" was in the book? :confused3

npmommie
10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I watched, and YES, I am ticked off too. I was so romantic in the beginning, :love: the love story thing, and by the end, so upset.
I don't know what to think. I am soooooo tempted to open my book and see what the heck is going to happen, but I won't :)

Did you see the preview for next week? the clip of sookie walking somewhere and it looks like a hand comes up out of the ground and grabs her leg...........I am soooo hoping somehow that is Bill :)

Mackey Mouse
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Not good... how could he do this to Sookie, it has to be ploy to get them away from Sookie, I am thinking. Now, did he die in the fire?? C'mon, I cannot take it, do not make me cheat and get the book...

Someone else read ahead and come back and tell us.. I am trying not to. ;) :)

disney's daughter
10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Bill can't be gone...He's one of the main characters...He'll turn up somewhere....:thumbsup2 :)

Mackey Mouse
10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Tomorrow night, 9:00pm.. I cannot wait. See ya after the show.....

Mackey Mouse
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I survived... all I can say is OMG this is getting weird.

npmommie
10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Not wanting to give anything away.........but i am happy about the obvious........but man some stuff is getting weird, i agree!!!!

Mackey Mouse
10-27-2008, 07:07 AM
Yes.. before we discuss, everyone who is watching has to check in... but wow.. all I can say is wow!!!!!! My husband says to me your (insert your adjective in here as I do not dare say what he calls it) show is on......and then he puts it on HD and leaves the room.. LOLOLOL

TuckandStuiesMom
10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Yes.. before we discuss, everyone who is watching has to check in... but wow.. all I can say is wow!!!!!! My husband says to me your (insert your adjective in here as I do not dare say what he calls it) show is on......and then he puts it on HD and leaves the room.. LOLOLOL

What a sweetie-pie! Man hath no greater love than to surrender the remote (particularly when he knows a chick-flick WILL ensue) :rotfl2:

I haven't been able to get into this show as much as I would like but I will pass on a funny story. We watch most HBO on the east coast satellite feed so it's on pretty early for us. Mr. T&Smom had been out in the garden making the most of the remaining sunlight before dusk, came in, and flopped down on the bed with a glass of ice-tea. In about one nano-second, he noticed what was on (it was either the first or second installment when we were seeing much more of Sookie's brother's butt than his face) and he accused me of watching porn all by myself. So, according to my family at least, I am now the resident porn-hound. :rolleyes1

npmommie
10-27-2008, 12:45 PM

LOL, When I started watching I told hubby, and kept telling him so he got curious and watched the first episodes on demand and now he is just as hooked as me!

What a sweetie-pie! Man hath no greater love than to surrender the remote (particularly when he knows a chick-flick WILL ensue) :rotfl2:

I haven't been able to get into this show as much as I would like but I will pass on a funny story. We watch most HBO on the east coast satellite feed so it's on pretty early for us. Mr. T&Smom had been out in the garden making the most of the remaining sunlight before dusk, came in, and flopped down on the bed with a glass of ice-tea. In about one nano-second, he noticed what was on (it was either the first or second installment when we were seeing much more of Sookie's brother's butt than his face) and he accused me of watching porn all by myself. So, according to my family at least, I am now the resident porn-hound. :rolleyes1

when my dh started watching to catch up, he commented on the first episode and said what kind of porno vampire show are you watching.........LOL

Mackey Mouse
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I am getting smacked around by my kids and DH... they think I am a bad girl. I cannot help it, I love Sookie and Bill together. Although I thought the whole kitchen scene with the kids was uncomfortable.. I guess it was suppose to be, but I was feeling embarrassed for Bill. No pizza for him.. or ice cream.. darn. I do like Eric too.....but he scares me... I want him to leave Sookie alone. And what about that brother? He annoys me and the new girlfriend, she annoys me too. Did they drain that poor guy? and Lafayette....you are a bad boy....what you would do for V is scary..

npmommie
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
I am getting smacked around by my kids and DH... they think I am a bad girl. I cannot help it, I love Sookie and Bill together. Although I thought the whole kitchen scene with the kids was uncomfortable.. I guess it was suppose to be, but I was feeling embarrassed for Bill. No pizza for him.. or ice cream.. darn. I do like Eric too.....but he scares me... I want him to leave Sookie alone. And what about that brother? He annoys me and the new girlfriend, she annoys me too. Did they drain that poor guy? and Lafayette....you are a bad boy....what you would do for V is scary..

I love sookie and bill together too, i found it odd she answered the door in her nightie, but oh well.
eric scares me too, and that girlfriend, wth?? they are going to kill that vampire i think.
and as for the Vamp that gives the blood to lafayette, I thought the vampires had no human emotions or feelings?? he seemed pretty emotional!

Mackey Mouse
10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
hmmmmm but then if that was true, then Bill would have no emotion for Sookie and I think he has?? What do you think? I think that vamp was a bit over the top for me and Lafayette well he was just so cool.......he makes me laugh. He actually makes me think...now I am dating myself.. of Flip Wilson doing his impersonation of Geraldine.. I youtubed Flip Wilson/Geraldine and there are some funny skits there..

npmommie
10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
LOL mackey, I will date myself too...........lafayette is reminiscent of flip doing geraldine, you are right:lmao:
I just Love Lafayette,love him!
well Bill........I think I get all :lovestruc when I see him........hehe

Mackey Mouse
10-28-2008, 06:27 AM
I have to admit, I am reading the book like a maniac... I rewatched Sunday's program yesterday and the kitchen scene was not as awkward......anyway, they are staying close to the book so far. If I get ahead of where they are now, I will not tell unless you ask me to in pm.. but right now I am still with the series..

Lafayette, I love him... him and his Geraldine/Flip Wilson ways.. too funny. I wonder if Tara is going to get the demon out of her next episode... and the brother is making me crazy....I wish we could spend more time on Sookie and Bill and less time on Jason and his escapades....

disney's daughter
10-28-2008, 08:25 AM
I just got back from Disney World...WHAT one EARTH did I MISS????? Kitchen Scene? Kids? Birthday? Eric and his girlfriend might what to kill WHICH vampire? OOOOOOH....I've missed a LOT!

Mackey Mouse
10-28-2008, 12:24 PM
Do you have on demand?? do a marathon and watch them all.. it will not do it justice for us to tell you..

disney's daughter
10-28-2008, 12:28 PM
It will repeat several times this week...I can probably watch it...I think I only missed this past Sunday's...I was able to watch a little of it last night when I came home...but, I was exhausted from the trip...I saw Bill come out of the ground and grab Sookie...then, they "got together"...I also saw a little of Sookie's brother and his "latest fling" ...and heard they had used up the last bottle of "V"....I MUST have been really tired to fall asleep in the middle of all of that!:happytv:

Mackey Mouse
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah and then they go and follow Lafayette to his source for "V" An older sort of pitiful vampire who was in love with Lafayette and gives him his blood in exchange for some attention.. So then, Lafayette leaves and they pull in the driveway... ring the doorbell, and the pitiful vampire answers and they ambush him and throw in the back of the truck......I think that was it..

OK.. confession time, I am so into the book, I cannot put it down. I have not caught up yet, but I am almost there. Should I go on or not? I think I have to.. ;) :rotfl2:

disney's daughter
10-29-2008, 07:21 AM
So, Jason has a real "doozy" on his hands this time? Don't you think it's going a bit "fast"? I mean with...Bill and Sookie? I'm not feeling the "romantic" part any more....Even when Bill grabbed Sookie from under the ground ....I think...once he started biting her...it just took the "longing" out of their eyes...:faint:

Mackey Mouse
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
I have started the next book.......there was no Tara in the first book, interesting, that I remember.

In the book, he tells her that he loves her.. there seems to be a bit more tenderness there then on the TV..

disney's daughter
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
How many books are there? How long could the series last?:happytv: :lmao:

Mackey Mouse
10-30-2008, 06:48 AM
8....read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sookie_Stackhouse

disney's daughter
10-30-2008, 08:32 AM
WOW! Thanks for the information! Looks like there are lots of adventures ahead! :banana: :banana: :rotfl: :rotfl: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

npmommie
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I started reading the first book!! I am trying not to get ahead though, I am only a few pages in.

Mackey Mouse
10-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I am guilty.. I am into the second book... I cannot stop myself. LOLOLOL

disney's daughter
11-03-2008, 06:30 AM
I have to confess....Even with all the blood and gore in the series...When Jason and his new crazy evil girlfriend kidnapped that poor innocent vampire for his "V"...I quickly changed the channels back and forth. I know...He's not "human'...but, he is such a "nice" vampire. It really bothered me what they did...(I have always been for the "underdog") :love:

Another thing...Why can't Sookie read Jason's girlfriend's mind? If she could...she would know that girl is wicked! :confused3

Mackey Mouse
11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Good point... maybe because she is taking her on face value and has her guard up so as to not read friends......like she does not read Tara or Sam.. sometimes she reads Sam, but mostly tries not to.

OK.. I am feeling bad for the vamp they took. And I think Jason is too and I am glad he told Jason she is a psychopath because she is scary. I am getting of watching those two together, they spend way too much time on them and not enough on Sookie and Bill. It broke my heart at the end when he had to leave her. Also, I knew that Sam was a dog too, he is shapeshifter, I think they call it. So... I cannot wait till next week, in the meantime, I am reading to supplement my addiction...

I have a friend who has read the whole series, but will not tell me anything.. 5 years he will be gone in silver....no way.. tell me it is not so.

disney's daughter
11-03-2008, 09:58 AM
I agree with you...More time should have been spent on Sookie and Bill. What will she do without him? You don't think Sam could be the one doing all the killings, do you?

rpmdfw
11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
You don't think Sam could be the one doing all the killings, do you?

I think that we're supposed to think it's him, and it will end up being someone else.

disney's daughter
11-03-2008, 10:05 AM
It has to be a character we already know...Don't you think? Hmm...I might have to break down and get the books...:goodvibes

npmommie
11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I also wondered about sookie and why she doesn't read the girlfriends thoughts.
I hope jason comes to his senses and realizes she is a psycho.

I just read some spoilers on the CB. I couldn't stop my self.

Saxton
11-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I think that we're supposed to think it's him, and it will end up being someone else.

I agree, Sam's character doesn't strike me as the violent type. I loved that scene when Sookie wakes up to find Sam naked on the bed ... can't wait for next week's episode.

npmommie
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Does Bill know Sam is a shapeshifter ( or whatever it is called)

disney's daughter
11-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I bet he does know it...It's just that "we" don't know it yet....and we don't know that Bill knows it....Did I miss an episode showing Sam's true identity? I know he was running naked through the woods...but, I wasn't aware his "other side" was revealed...:confused3 :happytv:

Mackey Mouse
11-04-2008, 05:59 AM
I do know in the book who did the killings.. not telling though.

and you are right, it is someone we know, wild horses could not make me tell.. I think Bill knows about Sam, but it was not discussed... also the scene in the bed, where Sam wakes up naked is in the book. so I was prepared for it a bit..

I am not telling anything except this, I was at the hospital where Tom was having a scan and girl across from me was reading the first book. I said to her.. True Blood, she said... I am addicted. She then says I am only going to read to where I am in the series, I said.. that sounds familiar, I am now on book 2 though... then we got into discussing it and she said I am embarrassed to tell my friends how into it I am and it is rather.... risque, and then my husband.. it is porn for you women.. I was like.. no.. no.. no it is not. it is a love story and now we are all laughing..

Truly I could do without the Jason romps and spend more time on Sookie and Bill....

disney's daughter
11-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Yes...I could do with more "Bill and Sookie" too...Knowing they are dating in real life even adds more "spice" to it.:laughing:

Am I wrong..or did I see there was only three more episodes left on the series? If so, does this mean it won't pick up again for several months? :scared1:

I believe I had mentioned how I have been telling my grandchildren the "G" version of the series...My granddaughter called last night to ask if I wanted to buy some girl scout cookies...She asked me about Bill and Sookie. I told her that I was going to watch it again that night....She said that she thought True Blood was only on Sunday nights...and I told her there were always repeats..(Thank Goodness) She asked me what happened...and I told her that I would just give her a little bit of a "tid bit" until they came to my house again...So, I briefly told her about Bill killing another vampire to protect Sookie...She said, "Oh no! Bill is going to get into trouble with the other vampires, isn't he?" Out of the mouths of babes...:rotfl:

Seriously...I guess the story will go back and forth from wherever Bill is and the little town where all the rest of them are, right? Gee...Five years is a long time for Sookie and Bill to be apart....SOMETHING will have to happen to hasten the time...:happytv:

Saxton
11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I do know in the book who did the killings.. not telling though.

and you are right, it is someone we know, wild horses could not make me tell.. I think Bill knows about Sam, but it was not discussed... also the scene in the bed, where Sam wakes up naked is in the book. so I was prepared for it a bit..

Oh, come on ... spill the secrets!!:rotfl2: My hunch is that it's not one of the main characters. I definitely plan to get the books but I'm holding off because I don't want to read too far ahead.

disney's daughter
11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
I bet it's the nice young tall guy who works with Jason and frequents the bar who is doing the killings....:lmao: We know it isn't a vampire...so, that leaves any of them out....:cool1:

npmommie
11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I started reading book 1.......I am as far as sookie asking bill to speak to the grandmother's club.
so not far.
mackey does book 1 reveal the killer? I won't be able to stop reading I know it!

I also agree, less Jason and more Bill and Sookie is what we want. I really dislike the girlfriend, psycho.

npmommie
11-08-2008, 01:23 AM
ok i am 3/4 of the way thru book 1.........I am a little put off at the differences between the show and the book. they really changed a lot, but stuck to the basics.......but still........
some major changes.
From reading the book, i am suspecting Rene as the killer, but I don't know why.
don't tell me if I am right or wrong. I am going to probably finish the book tonight anyway.........:lmao:

disney's daughter
11-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Will we know who the killer is during the next epeisode or will there be more killings? Just tell us that....:worship:

jewelmicky
11-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Watch it, Love it!

Definitely not for the under 18 crowd tho.

npmommie
11-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Will we know who the killer is during the next epeisode or will there be more killings? Just tell us that....:worship:

well I finished the 1st book last night, so now I know!! I won't say anything.
To answer your question, in the book, yes there is another killing, but I don't know if the show will have that killing and if it will be the same, they seem to have changed some things a LOT.
and they should reveal the killer within the last episodes, I would think.

disney's daughter
11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
How many episodes do you think there will be for the rest of this season?

npmommie
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I think including tonight there are 3 more

Mackey Mouse
11-09-2008, 01:46 PM
OK.... I am guilty.. I am on to book 3.. and have already bought book 4. I wonder if they will introduce one of the characters in the book in the program.. for some reason, I think not, but it sure is interesting......

Tonight's the night, see ya in the morning...

I am off to continue my reading.. hugs.. I cannot help myself, I must read it.

Mackey Mouse
11-10-2008, 06:38 AM
I am not going to say anything here but WOW!!!!! Just in case some of you taped it and have not watched it yet. I think this is not keeping with the books, I think Alan is writing this. It is taking turns and spins that I just cannot believe even though I am watching. I may have to watch it again today On Demand. Wow!!!!

npmommie
11-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I am not going to say anything here but WOW!!!!! Just in case some of you taped it and have not watched it yet. I think this is not keeping with the books, I think Alan is writing this. It is taking turns and spins that I just cannot believe even though I am watching. I may have to watch it again today On Demand. Wow!!!!

It was nothing like the book last night, i wish they had stuck closer to the book in some parts.........
I did NOT like what happened regarding Bill.......that is all I can say right now.
I also did not like the scene that played out at the party..........with sookie when she went for the ice. didn't make sense at a party.
anyway, i will say more when others have seen it.
next week looks good!

disney's daughter
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I didn't like what happened to Bill nor did I like the ending for that poor old vampire. What is with Sookie's "attitudes" lately? After more have seen it, could some somebody explain to me what actually happened at Bill's trial with that girl....She was "made"? :confused3 and OUCH! I could feel the PAIN from the vampire who was "on trial" prior to Bill....:scared1:

Mackey Mouse
11-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I am not sure what is happening with Sookie......WE all love Bill, what is wrong with her?

disney's daughter
11-11-2008, 07:56 AM
It also bugged me how she treated Sam after he explained to her about his "secret". He has been nothing but nice to her....I wonder if that is her personality in the books? :confused3

disney's daughter
11-20-2008, 05:18 PM
OK...Tell me...This is evidently the last episode coming up, right? So, will this be "it"...the end? Or, will the series kick up a notch again in a few weeks...months? I guess I don't understand...The "first book" will end soon...So, will the "next book" begin after this one? :confused3

Geesh! Jason sure has BAD luck...(mostly brought on by himself)....I was surprised by the "last killing" as I expected the "victim" to coninute on for at least four or more episodes....:)

npmommie
11-22-2008, 12:26 AM
It also bugged me how she treated Sam after he explained to her about his "secret". He has been nothing but nice to her....I wonder if that is her personality in the books? :confused3

No her personality in the book is very different she is not so self absorbed in the book
I am hoping the series will come back and continue on with the series. I plan to read as many of the books as i can before it comes back.
they did change a lot thru this first season from book 1.
I am so sad it is over, it went tooo quick!

Mackey Mouse
11-23-2008, 06:25 AM
Hi All, I was away but did not forget our little group here..

So tonight is our last night, according to my addicted daughters, they have picked up the series for next season....omg we have to wait till when for it to start again? I hope they do not make this like Lost and then I did not want to watch anymore..

I think tonight we get to see Jessica as a vampire...boy was she annoying. and Bill and Sookie, not sure they are going to make it. Sigh, even my daughters want them together. We shall see. I am glad Jason's newest is gone after she killed the vampire.....she made me a little crazy staking Phil like that.. oh well.. tonight is it gang.. hopefully we get to see Bill and Sookie happy again. Although I did my youngest that I do love Sam, she said no way, it has to be Bill..

Till tonight...

Saxton
11-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Mackey Mouse - all week I kept reminding myself that tonight was the last episode and I planned to watch True Blood 'live' and then catch up with Dexter later in the week via On Demand. Well I just realized I can't watch either one tonight! I take my Dad for dialysis 3 nights a week and they changed his schedule due to Thanksgiving so tonight I'll be trapped watching whatever they have on the tv at the dialysis center!!! This also means I have to try to avoid this thread until I can find time to watch it ... don't want any spoilers. :rolleyes1

disney's daughter
11-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Well...I became jealous of those who had been reading the books, So, I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and ordered the whole series...Especially since the TV series seems not to stay on the same path as the books...So, I should be getting my books in a few days....:banana:

I think I finally figured out who the killer is....:scared1:

Ami1
11-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Hmmm Haven't seen it yet. Not yet got to the UK

npmommie
11-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi All, I was away but did not forget our little group here..

So tonight is our last night, according to my addicted daughters, they have picked up the series for next season....omg we have to wait till when for it to start again? I hope they do not make this like Lost and then I did not want to watch anymore..

I think tonight we get to see Jessica as a vampire...boy was she annoying. and Bill and Sookie, not sure they are going to make it. Sigh, even my daughters want them together. We shall see. I am glad Jason's newest is gone after she killed the vampire.....she made me a little crazy staking Phil like that.. oh well.. tonight is it gang.. hopefully we get to see Bill and Sookie happy again. Although I did my youngest that I do love Sam, she said no way, it has to be Bill..

Till tonight...

I can't wait for next season!!!!! next season on HBO could be 2 or 3 years away!!!!

Mackey Mouse - all week I kept reminding myself that tonight was the last episode and I planned to watch True Blood 'live' and then catch up with Dexter later in the week via On Demand. Well I just realized I can't watch either one tonight! I take my Dad for dialysis 3 nights a week and they changed his schedule due to Thanksgiving so tonight I'll be trapped watching whatever they have on the tv at the dialysis center!!! This also means I have to try to avoid this thread until I can find time to watch it ... don't want any spoilers. :rolleyes1

We won't give anything away, we will wait til you see it on demand to discuss fully!!! thank goodness for on demand right!

npmommie
11-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Mackey!!!!! Did you watch it!!!!!
all I will say is OMG!!!!!! and I know who is in that car at the end........but I won't say. LOL
will wait til everyone has seen it to fully discuss! I can't wait for next summer!
LOL:lmao:

disney's daughter
11-24-2008, 06:10 AM
I know who is in that car too...just by watching last night...If it truly is who I think it is...I hope the person is just "stunned" and not "dead". I really like that character... Geesh...You guys...Is this going by the books? :confused3 ( I did order them, but, they aren't in yet..."

After everybody has watched the last show, I have some questions I need to ask...I think I must have missed something...popcorn::

Saxton
11-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Please don't wait for me to discuss it! My Dad isn't doing well so I stayed at their house last night. I just came home to take a shower and get changed. It might be a while before I get a chance to see it so go ahead and discuss like crazy!

npmommie
11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Please don't wait for me to discuss it! My Dad isn't doing well so I stayed at their house last night. I just came home to take a shower and get changed. It might be a while before I get a chance to see it so go ahead and discuss like crazy!

I am sorry about your dad.:hug:

npmommie
11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I know who is in that car too...just by watching last night...If it truly is who I think it is...I hope the person is just "stunned" and not "dead". I really like that character... Geesh...You guys...Is this going by the books? :confused3 ( I did order them, but, they aren't in yet..."

After everybody has watched the last show, I have some questions I need to ask...I think I must have missed something...popcorn::

I really like that character too.
if we are talking about the same person, I know he is dead in book 2
I have only read the 1st book, and no they did not stay true to the book, they changed a lot.
but its still really good!

disney's daughter
11-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Me, too...:grouphug: We will be thinking of you and your Dad...

disney's daughter
11-24-2008, 12:30 PM
NO! Why do they keep getting rid of all the characters I think will be on there for a long time? I think that character was soooo coooool! I thought the actor did a fantastic job....

Saxton
11-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the support.

Now you've all got me really excited - some mystery person gets killed in a car?! I'm going through my head wondering who it might be. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it tomorrow.

disney's daughter
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
When you do see it...let us know....I don't want it to be who I "know" it is...That character should stay!:confused:

Saxton
11-25-2008, 01:29 PM
When you do see it...let us know....I don't want it to be who I "know" it is...That character should stay!:confused:

OK, let's see ... get Dad home from dialysis at about 10:30 tonight, head to my house to watch it and then back to their house ... this could work. :thumbsup2

disney's daughter
11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
WORKS FOR ME TOO!!!!:rotfl:

Saxton
11-25-2008, 01:32 PM
WORKS FOR ME TOO!!!!:rotfl:

Yeah, but then I also have to bring my work laptop & broadband card home so I can go online at their house to discuss it. :happytv:

Mackey Mouse
11-26-2008, 06:45 AM
We are all so good.. no discussion till she watches....

I am in book 4 I think... yikes. and yes I know who is in the car. But can I say I am ticked and wish that they did not kill him off........wouldn't it be awesome if someone made him vampire, what a good vampire he would make.

I was freaking watching this episode and thought if you kill this one off, I am not watching anymore. Someone else different from the one in the above paragraph... and......ok.. when Saxton watches, we will discuss..

Please do not let them torture us with waiting two years, I will lose interest.. NOT

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 06:52 AM
The character (we think), who is in the car.....Is it the same as in the book? NO! :scared1: If so...I think they (alan Ball) should do some thinking between now and when they come back again...to change it...Perhaps, as you suggested.... (Into a "vampire") That character adds so much to the show...popcorn:: I just LOVE him....:)

Saxton
11-26-2008, 07:43 AM
I watched it!! I completely agree, I don't want them to kill him off but based on what some of you have said about the books it looks like he's gone. His character was great. (Has everyone watched now? I don't want to spoil it for anyone else since you were all so good!)

Now what about Tara's new 'friend'? It will be interesting to see the history that she has with Sam. I felt bad for Sam - he didn't need to help Bill but he did, he should have gotten some credit for that.

Well, I think I need to order the books ... I need something to hold me over until the new season starts!

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sam and Bill will become good friends later on...Yeah...I am wondering about Tara's friend, too...She sure seems to have a "hold" on her...:confused:

Mackey Mouse
11-26-2008, 01:03 PM
OK... I think I know who Tara's new friend is... she is in the books, but not living in the grand magnitude she is.. Do you want me to tell you what I think or do you want to wait??

I like Sam and Bill and would be happy to see her with either of them, but from what I am reading and not that I am spoiling, Eric is going to play a bigger part in the next series unless Alan changes it around.. Personally to kill off who we think he killed off, well...he made me laugh, I loved his style, the next season will be quiet without him. And, I hate, hate, hate the little twit that Bill made into a vampire, she just needs to go away.

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
I want to know about Tara's friend...unless somebody else objects! I don't think she is the same type of character as Sam, though...:confused3

Yeah...I think Bill's little vampire is going to cause all kinds of problems! Of course, Sookie won't appreciate what all Bill went through....to be with her....and couldn't help having to "make" the "vamp"....:happytv:

rpmdfw
11-26-2008, 01:17 PM
And, I hate, hate, hate the little twit that Bill made into a vampire, she just needs to go away.

I was really looking forward to seeing the moral dilemma of the good christian girl not knowing how to deal without her support structure, and having to deal with being a vampire, drinking blood, etc.

I was disapointed that they took her in the "****ty teenager" direction and it happened so fast.

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I agree...That took me by surprise! I don't feel sorry for her any more! And....I think she is really going to be annoying us! :headache:

I have a queston..I must have missed part of a show or something...There was a picture of a guy coming out of the fax at the police station. Who was he and what did he have to do with anything? I know he was from another town...but, was he also a suspect because he looked like Jason? :confused3

rpmdfw
11-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree...That took me by surprise! I don't feel sorry for her any more! And....I think she is really going to be annoying us! :headache:

I have a queston..I must have missed part of a show or something...There was a picture of a guy coming out of the fax at the police station. Who was he and what did he have to do with anything? I know he was from another town...but, was he also a suspect because he looked like Jason? :confused3

It was a picture of Rene! Showing that he was the brother of the first girl murdered at the Pie restaurant. Pretty much establishing that he was the murderer.

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 01:48 PM
WHAT? I didn't think it looked like him! OK...Now, I understand! Geesh! I can't believe I didn't see that it was HIM! THANKS! :banana:

Saxton
11-26-2008, 03:40 PM
The fax of Rene's picture took me a little while - his hair was a bit different and he didn't have any facial hair. I thought it was him but I wasn't sure until this episode started moving along.

I think Maryann is a shapeshifter like Sam but unlike Sam she has a dark side. The scene of her sitting in the back yard with the pig was a bit ominous.

And I have no objections to spoilers since I plan on reading the books anyway!

disney's daughter
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
I am still waiting for mine to arrive.....Yeah...The picture was much more of a "clean cut" version of him....

I wonder why Tara is under her friend's spell? I hope if Sookie takes up with Eric, Bill isn't just tossed aside...He'll probably have his hands full with his "Home Made Vamp".....:dance3:

There has to be a lot of "creatures" yet to come in the series....I would imagine......:idea: I am really looking forward to reading the books....For those who have been reading them...Are there many changes from the books to the TV series? Any changes that have already happened?

Mackey Mouse
11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
OK.. this is what I think... not sure of the spelling and not sure how far back it was in one of the books I read.. but there was this woman....long black hair with a pig, she attacked Sookie. I think she was some sort of creature, maenad???? That is who I think Maryann is.

Also, to answer the question about the books vs the series. I think there is a huge difference, first not so much wild and crazy escapades in the love department and characters that are big in the series, some are just mentioned in the books. Took me to book 3, I think, before she talked about Tara, and not as her best friend. I think Alan is having some fun with the books, and at the beginning it says based on the books.. Me thinks that gives him creative license to make it HBO worthy.

disney's daughter
11-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Hmmmmm...That's interesting....:surfweb: Do you think the TV series is better than the books or just different? I can't wait to get my books so I can discuss it more in depth. When is it supposed to return?....This summer? How many characters (according to what you have read so far) are yet to come?

Mackey Mouse
11-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I also think that Bill is more tender to Sookie on the program.. not so much in the books....at least that is my interpretation.

disney's daughter
11-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes...I really like the love scenes between Sookie and Bill...Even if it just the way he looks at her....Very romantic.....But, Eric....Well....he does have "something" there....:cool2:

kesharn81
12-04-2008, 09:54 AM
yess i do watch it...

:cheer2:

Mackey Mouse
12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Eric.. ohoh.. book 4. I know some of us are supplementing our obsession with reading the books.

disney's daughter
12-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Yes.....I just received my set...and am half way through the second one...I see quite a few differences in the books compared to the show...Even to the point...certain "happenings" even happen to different characters...Like the Lady with the pig....scenes....Eric and Bill....the scene where the stake was driven through the back of the bartender vampire.....:surfweb: