PDA

View Full Version : Well, was that it?

Janice
04-26-2002, 08:01 AM
Was the last few days our summer????

I dont know about where you all are, but it is decidedly horrid here today!

Cold, windy ---- and very wet.

I have put the heating back on and am thinking about Soup for lunch instead of the Salads I have been having the last few days.

Lets have a weather update for your region LOL.

:)

BevS97
04-26-2002, 08:17 AM
well I just popped out to Boots to get a sandwich - as I walked to the store I though, gosh it's warm today, I don't need my coat on, went into Boots, came out 2 minutes later and it was chucking it down...

bev

maepartner
04-26-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Janice

I dont know about where you all are, but it is decidedly horrid here today!

Cold, windy ---- and very wet

Oh what I wouldnt give to be able to shut off the a/c, open the windows and get some nice fresh, crisp New England air! Aaahhhh,,,,,,,2 more weeks til Cape Cod!

Sign me,,,,,,unenthused Floridian

maepartner
04-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Ooops, sorry folks,,,,didnt realize I was on the UK community board,,LOL...so you may not know where Cape Cod is....its in Massachusetts, where many people go to be near the shore.

Now that Im here though, I must say, my only trip abroad (and my first airplane trip) was to London when I was 17....it was the best vacation I ever had! Even though I almost ended up in the gaol (taking pics of the crown jewels in the Tower of London after being cautioned),,,,I can't think of a vacation I enjoyed more! We stayed at the Inverness Hotel in and "Malcolm", the bartender was a hoot, never forget him. :) I hope to go back one day when I overcome my fear of flying. Well, I spose I could take a cruise ship over :) One funny thing that happend, I sprung for 2 pounds for a felt hat (popular back then) at Harrod's, and when we were walking down the street, some guy whisked it off my head at scurried away with it! One of the girls in my group ran after him, took the hat, and slapped him, LMAO! Too funny :)

Mae (sweating in FL)

Janice
04-26-2002, 03:47 PM
LOL Mae - I thought maybe you had got lost :D

Well - we're happy to welcome you to the UK part of the Dis and let me say it was nice of you to visit - you are welcome to drop by any time :D

New England is one of the places thats at the top of my list of **Want to visit soon** but somehow, I keep getting drawn back to Florida! Cant think why ;) LOL

We had a nice burst of sunshine and warmth for four days this week, then all of a sudden the heat got turned off and the winter seems to have come back! I hear from the Weather reports that the weekend and next week doesnt look too good either! Oh well, roll on May when I get to sunny Florida :)

Anyway Mae - glad you enjoyed your visit to England, funny story about your friend chasing after your hat! 2.00 in Harrods eh - you have to pay that now to visit the Restroom there! LOL

Pop and see us again soon.
Take care and have a good day

:wave:

Janice
04-26-2002, 03:57 PM
LOL Mae - I thought maybe you had got lost :D

Well - we're happy to welcome you to the UK part of the Dis and let me say it was nice of you to visit - you are welcome to drop by any time :D

New England is one of the places thats at the top of my list of **Want to visit soon** but somehow, I keep getting drawn back to Florida! Cant think why ;) LOL

We had a nice burst of sunshine and warmth for four days this week, then all of a sudden the heat got turned off and the winter seems to have come back! I hear from the Weather reports that the weekend and next week doesnt look too good either! Oh well, roll on May when I get to sunny Florida :)

Anyway Mae - glad you enjoyed your visit to England, funny story about your friend chasing after your hat! 2.00 in Harrods eh - you have to pay that now to visit the Restroom there! LOL

Pop and see us again soon.
Take care and have a good day

:wave:

maepartner
04-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Why thank you Janice :) very nice to be welcomed like that!

Funny thing is,,,,I intentionally went to the UK board to see what you folks are up to, LOL,,,and I came upon Spotty Dog's trip reports, OMG too funny! I do hope you try and tear yourself away from WDW and visit the "cape" as we say,,,its really beautiful and historic....especially if you like old fishing village towns and the Atlantic. But I must say, the little mouse has some magnetic force that keeps us coming back :)

Ahh...looks like ole man winter was teasing you this week,,,,well it will make you look forward to going to the "world" more :) (not that we need anything to help us with that)

Funny, I was looking for that L or "pound" symbol LOL, guess we dont have the same keyboards here in the ole US of A :)

Thanks again, MAE
:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc