PDA

View Full Version : Best Moderate Lodge at Disney World?

blaseckie
09-14-2008, 11:57 AM
We will be travelling to Disney World in November with our 3 year old daughter and are wondering which is the best moderate Lodge to stay at? Also, is it worth it to get a dining plan when you have a toddler with you? Our daughter definately does not eat $30 worth of food at a main course.

npmommie
09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
You should probably post this over on the resorts board.
everyone will have a different opinion too........it all just depends on what you like, as far as theming etc...........
and for the DDP, i think your toddler is free,

saraheeyore
09-14-2008, 02:23 PM
some of them seem pretty big when with a toddler. we are taking a 2 year old and we were gonna stay in a moderate but opted for a value in the end *** it seems smaller to get out of and to the parks plus i think she will appreiciate the themeing of the values more. port orleans seemed like the best option if you definitly wanted a moderate as its in 2 bits and seemed to be a bit smaller. carribean beach is huge and as much as i would love to stay there i would wait till my little girl was older i think for that

TinaLala
09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Our favorite moderate resort was the Dixie Landings of Port Orleans - so I think it's the Riverside one. It was very average. Plus it had the boat to DTD. It was nice. Very slow, relaxing and comfortable.

mommyof2princesses
09-14-2008, 03:31 PM
We loved port orleans, french quarter. It was very small and quiet. Easy to get around. 2 of the 3 tmes we stayed there we got a room right by the bus stop! And even the other room was only a 3-5 min walk with a toddler!

As for the dinning, if I had to pay for it for a toddler I might not. My dd didn't eat anything the two times we did the dinning plan...thank goodness it was free!

jenndisney
09-14-2008, 04:03 PM
We like CBR for a moderate last time. Also, your DD will only cost 10 per day on the dining plan. Check out the menus and run your numbers to see if it is the best deal for you and your family. Good Luck.

CoffeeCup
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Port Orleans French Quarter would be great for a 3-yr. old. It is small and has a calming feeling, in my opinion. Regardless of where your room is, it is a very short walk to the bus stop or food court. You also can take the boat to DTD from POFQ, and that is a nice, relaxing ride.

StitchandPooh'sMom
09-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Since your daughter is 3, the Dining Plan is 10.99 per day for her and includes a table service meal, a counter service meal and a snack. If you plan to do character meals, those are about 10.99 for the child's price, plus you would still get another meal and snack on the dining plan. You won't be charged $30 per day for a child.

For moderates, we love CSR - it has a great pool and playground. But it is very spread out, and you might not want all that walking with a three year old. CBR has a brand new pool with zero-entry, but it is also very spread out. POFQ is small and manageable for little legs.

Have a great trip!

imthatgirl
09-14-2008, 08:35 PM
a 3yo would cost about 11.00 a day on the dining plan. they would get 1 table service meal, 1 counter service meal and 1 snack a day. i think it would cost more to feed them. its the adult cost that is questionable.

as far as the best mod. well i think theyre all the best. everyone will have a different opinion, but none of the resorts are "bad". so which ever you choose youll love.
we like the french quarters. we have 3 kids and the size of that resort is perfect for us. im not a fan of having to walk anywhere, we dont have to at POFQ.

bas71873
09-15-2008, 05:36 AM
We will be travelling to Disney World in November with our 3 year old daughter and are wondering which is the best moderate Lodge to stay at? Also, is it worth it to get a dining plan when you have a toddler with you? Our daughter definately does not eat $30 worth of food at a main course.

The child's price on the dining plan is only about $11.99/day.....for us, it was WELL worth the money for our DD (4 at the time we went). The Mickey Waffles alone at Pop were around $5 and my girl likes her breakfast. The DDP served our family well, but my child is not a picky eater, tries food, likes most stuff and we feel we got our money's worth, especially for her. Can't beat a child eating for $12 a day and getting character meals too?

moepanz
09-15-2008, 05:51 AM
We stayed at the CRB with out children. (ds 4 twins 1 1/2 years old). We stayed in a preferred room. I would without a doubt get the DDP. The reason we got the DDP was we knew we could not feed out ds 4 for less than $10.00 a day. We had a ton of TS planned. If he did not eat that meal it was ok we still had a CS and a snack to give him without going oop. It was nice. As for the CRB. It might be big but if you stay in a preferred room it is not a proplem. I have seen the pics of the new pool and it looks great. One more thing the CRB rooms are bigger that the rest of the mods and I think I have heard that they have new theamed rooms (not sure if they are in the preferred section though)

Rylee
09-15-2008, 07:24 AM

For the Disney Dining Plan, children, ages 3-9 are about $10 multiplied by the number of NIGHTS you are staying.

For $10, you'll get 1 snack and 2 meals, (1 Counter Service and 1 Table Service) for each night of your stay.

It is an excellent deal for children, especially if you will be doing any character meals. Also, Disney has "holiday pricing" at certain times of the year, and by purchasing the DP, you can lock in the prices of certain meals.

Regardless if you purchase the DP or not... if you want to experience any of the character meals or dine at any of the more popular restaurants, you need to make Advance Dining Reservations. (ADR's) ADR's were available at 180 days out, so call asap.

As for the moderate resorts, just choose the theme you like the most. Book a perferred room to be closer to the main building and bus stops. Having a stroller with you at the resort can be helpful, too.

Rylee
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM

Me, again.

If you haven't booked yet, see if you can get a discount...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/promo/genericPromoLandingNav?id=FY09FallPromoPage&CMP=BAC-YSCFY09Q1DmGap@02-01C124&bhcp=1

Ariel8676
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Before we were DVC members we stayed in Port Orleans French Quarter a few times..i love this resort. Small, cozy and has a great pool!
I would def. use the DDP, especially since it is only $10.99 per day for your daughter.