PDA

View Full Version : Our 10th anniversary in DL w/ no kids

Brancaneve
09-13-2008, 11:02 PM
My DH and I are thinking about spending our 10th anniversary :love: in DL without our kids which will, honestly, feel sad yet exciting at the same time. We will miss them but it will be nice to go on ALL the rides they are too scared to go on and tour the park at a very different speed.

Has anyone with kids ever done this before? We are also thinking of eating at the Napa Rose and would love any feedback on that as well.

FourM's
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
We leave the 19th of this month for our 17th anniversary in Disneyland, can't wait. It was hard telling the kids we are going with out them. But they will survive. We take them once every year so it's not like they never get to go. We are the same as you, looking forward to doing all the things we can't do when they are with us. We have ressies at Blue Bayou and Steakhouse 55. We are staying at Grand Californian and visiting the spa. I think you should do it. Heck its your anniversary, go where you want:) .

PinkBudgie
09-13-2008, 11:53 PM
We are going in June for our 20th anniversary with no kids. We are very excited! We went with our two teen boys this past summer and had to ride the Matterhorn about 10 times!:headache: I'm looking forward to doing things they didn't want to. We did split up sometimes, but still there just wasn't time to do everything.

We also went alone when our boys were 2 years old. They stayed with Grandma and we went and had a lot of fun. I was really not up to caring for two toddlers at Disneyland. I know some people do it, but I know my limits. :rotfl:

Danauk
09-14-2008, 08:58 AM
We did this last month for our 10th anniversary (although we don't have kids anyway.) We did a VIP tour, the segway tour, ate at Napa Rose chefs counter, relaxed a lot and went on all the rides we wanted to. It was a really good trip.

Here is a link to my trip report if you are interested.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1943607

Oh and definately get the anniversary buttons, we had a few magical moments thanks to those!

bethy
09-14-2008, 09:47 AM
We are leaving this Friday to do the same thing for our 12th Anniversary! :banana:

PinkBudgie
09-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't forget to pick up your anniversary pins! :thumbsup2 When we got our APs they said we could get them at the bank or the city hall.

godalejunior
09-14-2008, 02:06 PM
We are spending our 10th anniversary in December at DL. We went without DS last September and had a ton of fun so we decided to spend our anniversary there. We are doing the chef's counter at Napa Rose and I might do special seating for Fantasmic if it is playing. We stayed at GC in our alone trip last Sept. and I was hoping for the awesome concierge rates again but no go. We have not stayed at PP so we are going to try that hotel this time for something different.

Brancaneve
09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the ideas and for making me feel less guilty about leaving the kids behind. I didn't know there are anniversay buttons and the GC spa sounds great too!

JennCa
09-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I haven't been with my hubby alone in a while, but I have been on my own with with adult friends only and left my daughter at home.

(My hubby isn't a Disneyite! Wish I knew before we married : )

Jenn

Brady's Mom
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I went last year with just DH, for my birthday, not anniversary, but still the same idea. We left our kidlets with grandma and off we went. I did feel a little guilty about leaving them at home. They were good about it though. My mom was great to take care of them and we had a blast. It was soooo much fun to go into all of the little shops and to ride all of the rides we wanted and leave when we wanted and eat when we wanted, whatever we wanted. I would do it again, in a heartbeat! You will have such a great time. Just don't be surprised if you find yourselves talking about how much fun you would have had if you had brought the kids! ;) We did for a little while and then we were good! :rolleyes1

pixiewings71
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
We went in Jan. with no kids, just a long weekend (4 days total) and we had so much fun!! I can't wait until our bills are gone so we can get new AP's and do another adults only trip. :) We will only do adult trips when we have AP's, that way we can help offset our feelings of guilt by taking them more than once. lol

Brancaneve
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Thank you ladies for your inspiration and motivation! I am so excited to go just the two of us, with our anniversary pins, a stay at the GC and dinner at Napa Rose. It is 8 months away but I am planning it already! :cheer2:

Judy from Boise
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
we just did our 20th anniversary trip (sans DD) at WDW in May. Make sure you use photopass to get the "appropriate" pictures ;)

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/712image069-med.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/712image058-med.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/712image032-med.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/712image0821-med.jpg

PinkBudgie
09-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Awwww.... How sweet. :lovestruc Using photopass is a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Brancaneve
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Your pictures are a testament to "happily ever after." They are so sweet and you both look great! Congratulations!

kajcwman
09-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I've heard/read some people say they could never go on a Disney trip without their kids. I'm not one of them. Feb 07 DW and I spent 3 days in WDW followed by a week on DCL. Heaven! Enjoy your trip!

Judy from Boise
09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Awwww.... How sweet. :lovestruc Using photopass is a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of that.

Oh we had so much fun with photo pass, I can't tell you how many poses we did! Part of the fun is to be completely shameless!

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/712image141-thumb.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/712image122-med.jpg

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/747/712image005-med.jpg

so don't be too nice or I'll post a few dozen more !

PinkBudgie
09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
I never get tired of photos when Disney is involved. :)

We will be going for 6 days in June and I can't wait to relax and enjoy it.

I'm also "planning" (ok, dreaming) on going to WDW for our 25th anniversary. The kids will have graduated by then so extra reason to celebrate. We've done without fancy vacations to put our boys through a private school. I figure in college they can start working and help out, so it will be fun time for us! :banana:

Gee, do you think I should plan our 50th anniversary while I'm at it? :lmao:

Judy from Boise
09-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Never too early to plan ! I am all ready thinking about what i want to do on my 50th birthday which is years and years away ;) . Actually in the next 5 years both my DH and I will turn 50, and have our 25th anniversary......that's a lot of trips! Along the way my DD will turn 18 and graduate from HS! Even more trips! Gotta love milestones!

PinkBudgie
09-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Milestones are a good excuse to go to Disney!

I turn 40 at the end of the month and was trying to figure out how get there for this important birthday, but it just doesn't work out. :confused: Oh well, June will be fun!

Brancaneve
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Since we are speaking of romance and DL, have any of you thought of renewing your vows in DL or WDW? It has been a dream of mine that I have kept in the back of my mind for years. Anytime someone mentions getting married, I enthusiastically suggest they get married in DL just so I can live through them! So, I decided to call their wedding services and yes, they do renewals but we would have to pay a minimmum of $10,000! Ouch! She did say that in DW, you can have a smaller affair for much less but I can't expect my family in CA to fly to FL for this event.

Perhaps another option would be to renew our vows off site and then have a special lunch or dinner in the park? I guess I just love my husband AND want to wear the bride and groom ears!

pixiewings71
09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Judy, those pics are GREAT!! Thank You for sharing!! How fun that must have been!!

OP I love that want to renew your vows, at the very least you should get the anniversary buttons and the bridge and groom ears! :)

Judy from Boise
09-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Since we are speaking of romance and DL, have any of you thought of renewing your vows in DL or WDW? It has been a dream of mine that I have kept in the back of my mind for years. Anytime someone mentions getting married, I enthusiastically suggest they get married in DL just so I can live through them! So, I decided to call their wedding services and yes, they do renewals but we would have to pay a minimmum of $10,000! Ouch! She did say that in DW, you can have a smaller affair for much less but I can't expect my family in CA to fly to FL for this event.

Perhaps another option would be to renew our vows off site and then have a special lunch or dinner in the park? I guess I just love my husband AND want to wear the bride and groom ears!

Yes, you could renew off site, then have a meal at DLR, and then a photo session around the park with your ears! I think you could either arrange through Disney, or hire your own.

PinkBudgie
09-16-2008, 05:34 PM
$10,000? Yikes!:scared1: Doing it off site like you said and having a nice meal in one of the hotels sounds very nice. I bet you could spring for all your reletives to enter the parks and still come in much cheaper. :)