PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Hollow in beta

poohluv2u
09-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I went and checked out Pixie Hollow today and found out it is now in beta. I played for a little while and it is very cute. Here are some screen shots

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies004.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies005.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies007.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies008.jpg

poohluv2u
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies009.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies010.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies011.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies012.jpg

poohluv2u
09-13-2008, 08:42 PM
A game kind of like Poppit

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies013.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies014.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n236/poohluver2/fairies015.jpg

disvaclub92
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Very cool thanks for posting. I will have to check it out.

threeboysmom
09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
YAY!!

Thanks for posting the images! The artwork looks amazing!

Now if only I can remember my log in....

Cardinal
09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
So, this is what they're replacing VMK with :sad2:

poohluv2u
09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
So, this is what they're replacing VMK with :sad2:

Sadly, nothing will ever replace VMK, except maybe another version of VMK.

The girls will love this, it is pure Disney fantasy ... and I have missed that Disney feel to my online games ... it's so full of cuteness :goodvibes

poohluv2u
09-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Very cool thanks for posting. I will have to check it out.

YAY!!

Thanks for posting the images! The artwork looks amazing!

Now if only I can remember my log in....

I guess the game is only open on certain days to preview popcorn::

threeboysmom
09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I guess the game is only open on certain days to preview popcorn::

Apparently so :( I tried to play the game earlier today and it wouldn't let me in (cry cry)

At least I remembered my log-in and got to see my fairy that I created months ago and forgot about. Her name, I think, is Amethyst Diamondsparkle. Yeah, that's a mouthful. What was I thinking.

Captain Brain
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
It looks like a girled up version of VMK, IMO.

threeboysmom
09-14-2008, 11:58 PM
It looks like a girled up version of VMK, IMO.

Girly is good! :thumbsup2

poohluv2u
09-15-2008, 05:57 PM
I found out that they have previewed the game a few times this month, mostly on weekends, but it's not set to open until October. Probably to coincide with the movie being released.

wdwdreamin
09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
This looks really cute--hopefully I'll catch it one of these times. Every time I check I get the "Closed" message. I did go in and create a fairy though. I am Lilac Mistywillow. Will this be the same fairy that I would be in-game or do we start fresh?

Cardinal
09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
It looks like Maplestory. A very, very, very scaled down version of Maplestory.

OctoPie
09-16-2008, 06:12 AM
I ams soo joining!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Lets play pixies pbnk!

mir4mad
09-21-2008, 09:52 PM
:tinker:
I didn't see anyone post a link but you can play now in beta here:
http://www.pixiehollow.go.com/

princess created a fairy long ago when the site first came up but can't log in now using the email and password she used for pixie hollow. Its the same email and password she used to create princessmadiro in VMK!
I have already had "words" with WDIG and said I had to contact them IN GAME.
So I'm waiting to hear back from them hoping that they will STOP breaking her heart!!!:mad:

wdwdreamin
09-21-2008, 11:02 PM
The times I'll play will vary but if she manages to get on, have her post her fairy name here so I can keep an eye out for her. There are many servers to choose from when you start the game. For now, unless it gets too crowded, I play on the Violet Forest server. My fairy name is Lilac Mistywillow.

mir4mad
09-23-2008, 02:30 AM
THANKS wdwdreamin! I convinced princess to create her fairy again using her own username and password and she likes this one much better. She kept the same fairy name which is AMETHYST ROSEPETAL.
She enjoyed meeting you and "flying with you" in Pixie Hollow. She likes the game but of course it will never be better than VMK!

Haven' t seen any guy fairies yet!:confused3

threeboysmom
09-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow! I just spent some time this morning playing around on the Fairy game. The graphics are absolutely GORGEOUS! Pictures here don't do it justice. OK, I just have to say this game is right up my alley - so girly! (Although I do know at least two grown men that have made fairies... sssh!)

I loved flitting around :) and exploring new places... Shops aren't open yet, stink. But I did play the Firefly game. Very cute, but it's a lot like trying to hit a pesky fly with a rolled-up newspaper.... it began to get on my nerves after a few tries and the stupid fireflies kept escaping my clicks... Grrr.... And then the moths came out and were knockiing the basket out of my hands at every turn... ok, so now I was getting annoyed, LOL. But a cute game nonetheless and I'll probably play it again.

I can't wait for this game to fully open up. I think it has potential... but wish there was more of a "guy" option in the game. I'm not so sure I'm up for seeing my male friends so feminized in such a manner...

The only "gripe" I have so far (and this goes for SmallWorlds too) is what is up with the room panning thing... I seriously HATE not being able to see the entire room I'm in. I'm very visual and this just annoys the heck out of me... I really don't like having to fly/walk around just to see certain parts of an area.

wdwdreamin
09-23-2008, 03:28 PM
It is very beautiful and I love seeing myself flit around as a fairy. I wish I was that graceful in real life!! I agree that it gets annoying not being able to see the whole room, although the more I explore and learn where everything is, the less it bothers me.

I did pretty good at the Firefly game last night. If you are patient and watch the flying patterns, it's easier to swoop in and get them lit while avoiding the moths--at least the green ones. My favorite game so far is Harvest Hustle; I like Bubble Bounce too.

Wonder when the shops will open? And I wonder what we will use as currency? There has been no mention of that as of yet.....

Dreamytime
09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Personally I love the colors and the idea, but the graphics make me think of a paper doll cut out sliding from left to right of my screen.

With what we have seen with 3-D gaming in POTCO this is truly a disappointment. I am guessing they are thinking that the age group marketed for and will think it is 'so prettttyyy' doesn't mind that it is dismal on the graphics.

I'm really very disappointed. The game could have been amazing.

I do like the mini-games, well a couple of them, they have the feel of the MSN Games.

I feel that there are many other offerings that are much more appealing for a true gamer...heck, for any gamer.

They need to hire the HALO team that Microsoft is letting go after Halo Wars comes out in February 09. They would at least give a true 3-D look to my fairy....and maybe a Sig, but still I would be 3-D :rotfl:

poohluv2u
09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Aengus, I saw a fairy named Grace ... was that you? ;)

PizzaCaptain
09-27-2008, 08:20 AM
It's quite fun! Even though I'm a boy, I like being in the Disney spot.

~ Pizza

charstar
09-28-2008, 02:34 AM
I was happy to find out Beta had started. I was able to get moving and grooving. I been working on getting badges now and would love to connect with some DIS Fairies.

I am April Stardance:137 Hidden ElmGarden.

Cardinal
09-28-2008, 01:07 PM
As creepy as this may be, I find the sewing game addicting. I NEED to make more oak leaf dresses. :surfweb:

RicksCafe
09-28-2008, 02:37 PM
(Although I do know at least two grown men that have made fairies... sssh!)I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I DO know is Rill Cherryfly spent waaaay too much time on that sewing game yesterday. Apparently, Dr. Cherryfly is "awesome" at dyeing, cutting patterns, but stinks at whatever that spider is supposed to be doing. Grrrr.

Very cute game. But darlin', I need to shoot at something.

Ricks (who would keep you in "stiches" if it weren't for that freakin spider!!)

threeboysmom
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
What I DO know is Rill Cherryfly spent waaaay too much time on that sewing game yesterday.

Sewing??? Is that what RC was doing yesterday while I was bossing? :woohoo:

wdwdreamin
09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I DO know is Rill Cherryfly spent waaaay too much time on that sewing game yesterday. Apparently, Dr. Cherryfly is "awesome" at dyeing, cutting patterns, but stinks at whatever that spider is supposed to be doing. Grrrr.

Very cute game. But darlin', I need to shoot at something.

Ricks (who would keep you in "stiches" if it weren't for that freakin spider!!)

Took me a while to figure out the spider part too! Now that I have though I am quite the little fairy tailor!

BTW, you click right as the spider swings over the round thingys and holes.

mir4mad
09-29-2008, 12:55 PM
PRINCESSMADIRO (Amethyst Rosepetal) princess: LOVES making clothes! That's her favorite game! She hopes that some day she can buy and wear her own fashions. She will be tickled to hear that there are some boys that love it too! :)
:tinker: pixiedust:
Happy flying and spread that pixie dust our way please!
:hug:

Disneylvrforever
09-30-2008, 12:25 AM
I can't wait to play Pixie Hollow. Whenever I try, it's always closed and then I forget to look all the other times. Whenever I'm on, look for Amber Quickheart!

threeboysmom
09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
I can't wait to play Pixie Hollow. Whenever I try, it's always closed and then I forget to look all the other times. Whenever I'm on, look for Amber Quickheart!

I'm pretty sure it's open all the time now.

My favorite game so far is the Fish Bubble Bounce one. Very addicting.

The Firefly game - can't escape that stupid moth. Upsets my basket everytime I try to light a fly... Grrr... So want to smack that thing...

The Tailor game - I'm with Ricks on this one. No idea what to do what that swinging spider... I can only hold so many pink skirts in my inventory anyways...

Would love to hear people's high scores in the games....... so I can see how far short I am falling :teeth: Bubble Bounce was 1060 for me. Don't laugh! Back to bubble bouncing...

mir4mad
09-30-2008, 12:42 PM
:tink:
Yes -the game is now open to play all the time. Last week (and before that) however you could not access beta from the original Disney fairies site- http://disney.go.com/fairies/ but now you can. There is a PLAY button now that takes you here:
http://pixiehollow.go.com/

rickyratsmom
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Personally I love the colors and the idea, but the graphics make me think of a paper doll cut out sliding from left to right of my screen.

With what we have seen with 3-D gaming in POTCO this is truly a disappointment. I am guessing they are thinking that the age group marketed for and will think it is 'so prettttyyy' doesn't mind that it is dismal on the graphics.

I'm really very disappointed. The game could have been amazing.

I do like the mini-games, well a couple of them, they have the feel of the MSN Games.

I feel that there are many other offerings that are much more appealing for a true gamer...heck, for any gamer.

They need to hire the HALO team that Microsoft is letting go after Halo Wars comes out in February 09. They would at least give a true 3-D look to my fairy....and maybe a Sig, but still I would be 3-D :rotfl:

I agree totally!! After spending over an hour customizing my fairy I finally got into pixie hollow and for me it is well hollow.... I know it is in beta but from what I have seen it cannot even begin to compare to VMK or POTC. Odd that Disney, who was for years on the cutting edge of technology is now designing new games that look like they could be old games??? :confused3 Oh well my 2 year old granddaughter might like it ....

ButterflyJen
10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm on here every night....addicted, yes! My fairy is Liri Dappledust. :tinker:

AmberDaze
10-05-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm Daysky. :)

DisneyAddict_M
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
I got an email from Pixie Hollow the other day. I vaguely remember my daughter creating a fairy awhile ago. I'll bet she signed me up! :rotfl:

mir4mad
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Is anyone having trouble logging on today? princess can't get in.
I'm talking with live chat right now but they have not been any help so far.
Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem.

AmberDaze
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
The Tailor game - I'm with Ricks on this one. No idea what to do what that swinging spider...

Pink, when the spider starts moving, wait until it gets to the first colorful spinning circle -- when it's right over it, click it so the spider leaves the thread there. Then on each subsequent hole, click it when the spider is right over it. :)

Cardinal
10-08-2008, 07:49 PM
My fairy looks like Judy Garland with blue hair.

Do you think that the fairy "talents" will have any effect on the game? I hope so.

Diznygrl
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, I finally decided to try out this game this weekend, and I have to say that I am totally hooked! It's not as engaging as VMK, but I looove fairies, so even though there's not much to do (yet), it's right up my alley. I too had NO idea what was up with the spider part in the sewing game...so far I've gotten nothing but zero points for that part because I couldn't figure it out! Glad to see I'm not the only one. :laughing:

I've been spending most of my time gathering objects to earn badges. It's such a mundane task, but for some reason I just can't stop! Just one more oak leaf, two more daisy petals.... :crazy:

Anyway, I think it's about time I met some other DISers to make the game more fun. I'm Violet Littlespeck. :)

Disneylvrforever
10-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Pink, when the spider starts moving, wait until it gets to the first colorful spinning circle -- when it's right over it, click it so the spider leaves the thread there. Then on each subsequent hole, click it when the spider is right over it. :)

It took me a million years before I figured this out. I wish I'd known sooner. :headache: Stupid spiders!

AmberDaze
10-14-2008, 09:54 AM
WoooHooo! This is the second game I've actually finished... Petal Pickup goes to level 51, including bonus rounds. :goodvibes

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/snailly946/Pixie%20Hollow/game%20scores/WINNER_12oct2008.jpg

threeboysmom
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM

THANK YOU! I will have to try this again!

WoooHooo! This is the second game I've actually finished... Petal Pickup goes to level 51, including bonus rounds. :goodvibes

Petal Pickup? I don't think I've come across this game... Where is it located?

I spent waaaaaayy too much time bubble bouncing. Just now have learned about badges, so I will begin to work on those...

By the way, is there any easier way to find people in this game? I tried searching for someone's name, but WOW you have to scroll through page after page, I finally gave up after going through hundreds and hundreds of fairies, it seemed, named Rachel... :confused3

AmberDaze
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Petal Pickup? I don't think I've come across this game... Where is it located?

Petal Pickup is in Cherry Blossom Heights. I like the Bubble Bounce game as well...and then there's Harvest Hustle. :)

Diznygrl
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I can't get Petal Pickup to work for some reason. The game starts up, but there are no petals. Anyone else have this problem? :confused3

Bubble Bounce is my favorite game so far. Not only is it fun, but I think it's cute to watch your little fairy struggle to hold that lily pad over her head. :)