PDA

View Full Version : SW - Custom missions

bopper
09-12-2008, 09:32 PM
How do custom missions work?
I tried to make a custom mission...but when I go back to one I created, all the tasks don't seem to be there.
Also, how does somebody find or run a custom mission?

aliceblue
09-12-2008, 11:38 PM
How do custom missions work?
I tried to make a custom mission...but when I go back to one I created, all the tasks don't seem to be there.
Also, how does somebody find or run a custom mission?The help page, which the quest interface directs you to for complete details on creating the quests, was offline when I checked earlier today, and it's still not working. (Edit: It's working now, but has no quest-related information; just some links to basic FAQs, the forums, and an email, like it's always had.)

I was able to make a simple test mission after much fumbling around, and it does work, but there doesn't seem to be any way to reward players with XP or tokens if they complete it. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the quest maker is the only one who can actually benefit, by charging to do the quest. If this is true, it is essentially no different than gaining tokens from other players in arcade tournaments. This isn't creating more XP or tokens; it is simply shifting around who has them.

I won't try to explain how to use the interface, because I'm not sure I remember what I did, and I still feel like I'm missing something. But the quest has to be activated through an item in your room; there should be a menu in the interface that explains that. I think the only way to find quests that players have created is if they advertise them in their room title or description.

For what it's worth, if anyone wants to try out my simple quest they can visit Alice Blue the 3rd's room called (I think) "Test My Quest!" (No charge to do it.)

aengus
09-13-2008, 07:51 AM
I also made a small quest last night. Its a bit awkward but seems like its a very powerful mission engine . Seems like you could do just about anything in it with some knowledge.

I also didnt see how to award any xp or tokens, hopefully they will work on that help page for us :)

Asteroids is not awarding scores for the mission or the tournament

So there are a few things for them to work out but overall I was pretty amazed with all they did. The arcade is huge and so many things I need to buy after I level up that is haha.

disvaclub92
09-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I won't try to explain how to use the interface, because I'm not sure I remember what I did, and I still feel like I'm missing something. But the quest has to be activated through an item in your room; there should be a menu in the interface that explains that. I think the only way to find quests that players have created is if they advertise them in their room title or description.

For what it's worth, if anyone wants to try out my simple quest they can visit Alice Blue the 3rd's room called (I think) "Test My Quest!" (No charge to do it.)

Yes, building the quest/mission was a little unique, would be nice if we actually had a quest/mission machine that people could interface with. I have decided that I am using the mysterious orb as my quest/mission interface. I have labeled my room upon entry to click the orb to start the mission.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/disvaclub/orb.jpg

In regards to the prizes, I think we may need to post on their boards asking about that.

EDIT: I just tried my active mission several times (not testing), it allowed me to do it over and over again. I did not see a way to prevent the same person from doing a mission over and over again, maybe that is why we don't see the reward system yet. We know their main mission engine does this, so not sure why it is not present in our mission engine. But we are still in beta testing. :)

bopper
09-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I did figure out how to "trigger" a mission (sit on a couch in my case), and I tested my mission and it worked, but then when I went back to look at it, it seems though some of the tasks were no longer there.
I thought the help said that people would be rewarded with experience points after they finish a question but it was based on the popularity of the quest and some other vague things.

aengus
09-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Thought this topic needed its all thread is all.

KrazyPete
09-13-2008, 11:44 AM
On rewards for missions: Some rewards are automatically assigned based on some set of factors that I don't think they've fully disclosed. It does say that one of the factors is the popularity of the mission.

I believe you can give out your own awards. You assign those a reaction to completing a task not for completing the mission (although if you gave it away on the last task that would effectively be the same thing). I'm not in the game right now but I believe it says something about giving an "artifact" as a reaction.

I didn't play with the custom mission thing very long yesterday and I'm working from memory so please correct me if I'm way off. :thumbsup2

aliceblue
09-13-2008, 02:14 PM
The quests do appear to give out XP points and/or tokens independently of any specifications made by the creator. This is going to be interesting!

There can be a bit of delay before a reward shows up.

threeboysmom
09-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Not sure how or why it's done, but it seems to be completely randomized. KrazyPete and I made the exact same quest (not even planned that way) and I received tokens upon completion of his, but he did not receive anything after finishing mine. :(

aengus
09-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Not sure how or why it's done, but it seems to be completely randomized. KrazyPete and I made the exact same quest (not even planned that way) and I received tokens upon completion of his, but he did not receive anything after finishing mine. :(

so it gave you tokens and him none.... whats the problem??

:rotfl2:

PINK IS A SCAMMER I KNEW IT!

OctoPie
09-14-2008, 04:54 AM

Aengus Mr.Smart why don't you make us a tutorial to puut a quest in a machine and how to make a quest :) (I like pink better) LOL :hug:

threeboysmom
09-14-2008, 06:37 AM

Have a quest I can do? I'll let you do mine :dance3:

(I like pink better) LOL :hug:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

aengus
09-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I am not the person to put a quest tutorial together. I have been spending most of my time in the arcade trying out all the games :)

threeboysmom
09-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I put together a very short and sweet mission this afternoon. It's all about..... well, ME! princess:

Please feel free to stop by and do it, even when I'm not signed in. I believe you can just search my name, Pink Girlygirl, and then enter my Home Space. You start the mission by clicking the red rose I have placed on my picnic table.

I can't vouch for XP or tokens that you may or may not receive. I cannot figure out the logic behind how and why some missions give these out and others do not. Hopefully, you'll get lucky with mine!

Enjoy!

OctoPie
09-15-2008, 01:27 AM
I put together a very short and sweet mission this afternoon. It's all about..... well, ME! princess:

Please feel free to stop by and do it, even when I'm not signed in. I believe you can just search my name, Pink Girlygirl, and then enter my Home Space. You start the mission by sitting down on the oaken chair I placed in the doorway.

I can't vouch for XP or tokens that you may or may not receive. I cannot figure out the logic behind how and why some missions give these out and others do not. Hopefully, you'll get lucky with mine!

Enjoy!

Of course I finished it. after 7 hourse LOL :rotfl: :lmao:

threeboysmom
09-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Of course I finished it. after 7 hourse LOL :rotfl: :lmao:

Oh gosh! Don't tell people that! Nobody will want to do my mission! :rotfl2:

It's SIMPLE! Really it is!

Little tip for you: When I ask you to say something in the mission, you can't use whisper mode! :rolleyes1

aengus
09-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I will have to go searching for your mission later, I have played some great user made missions the past couple of days :)

Goofy05
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Woot! Thanks for the easy mission, Pink! I did it this morning.

threeboysmom
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
I will have to go searching for your mission later, I have played some great user made missions the past couple of days :)

Heh, don't be expecting much! Mine is far from "great,"... but yeah... you already knew that :dance3:

Woot! Thanks for the easy mission, Pink! I did it this morning.

Yay! Glad you could make it! Hopefully, you received some tokens and/or xp experience. And I take it you didn't spend 7 hours completing it like "someone else" did...

Speaking of which, I have found a GREAT way of earning tokens and leveling up my xp experience - playing with people's stereos, watching videos, or drawing on my canvas! Woot! Much more my speed! :banana:

Makeminemusic
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Pink,
I and a Smallworld Helper named Jade completed your mission last night. Well done!:thumbsup2 Also stayed and played a game of pool. Did not see a guest book to sign though:confused3 .

aengus
09-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I played your quest this morning. I couldnt finish it.

I kept saying Aengus Rocks! but it wouldnt advance ROFL

I forget what I got for xp and coins, but it wasnt bad :)

Did you all try Tony Fendal's mission? I was impressed, the mission engine is powerful, once the creative people figure it all out I bet we have only seen the beginning @_@

See.low
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I am loving the missions! (Not loving it so much today since I stayed up way too late doing them...:surfweb: )
Pink, your mission was way too cute..and those new pink walls and pink floor? :lovestruc Love it!
I can't wait to see all the creative minds as the missions unfold. It's also nice we aren't so limited by the "dictionary dancing" days of VMK in writing these missions.
-See (who cut a serious rug in VMK :banana: )

threeboysmom
09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I played your quest this morning.

ARG! And I missed it! How I would have LOVED to have a screenie of the ending ;)

Did not see a guest book to sign though:confused3 .

No guest book... I'm too poor....

I am loving the missions! (Not loving it so much today since I stayed up way too late doing them...:surfweb: )
Pink, your mission was way too cute..and those new pink walls and pink floor? :lovestruc Love it!
I can't wait to see all the creative minds as the missions unfold. It's also nice we aren't so limited by the "dictionary dancing" days of VMK in writing these missions.

Thanks, See!

OctoPie
09-17-2008, 04:27 AM
No guest book... I'm too poor....

Too poor! Pink, I have 16 tokies :(

Iris
09-17-2008, 06:10 AM
I am noticing that the more complicated and involved user created missions seem to be giving out the bigger XP and tokens. There are a few out there that give some big awards. Not sure if this is what they base the rewards on but might be an indication.

I am finding I am leveling up quite a bit just by visiting rooms and doing the missions. I am wondering if those that created missions are also getting XP for their efforts?

threeboysmom
09-17-2008, 06:36 AM
I am noticing that the more complicated and involved user created missions seem to be giving out the bigger XP and tokens. There are a few out there that give some big awards. Not sure if this is what they base the rewards on but might be an indication.

I am finding I am leveling up quite a bit just by visiting rooms and doing the missions. I am wondering if those that created missions are also getting XP for their efforts?

Hmmm... not sure... my mission is super easy, but yet Pete said he received 89 tokens from it.

And no, I get nada for creating a mission. I'm stuck watching videos for hours on end trying to level up....

Iris
09-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Ok, I am now seeing that as these missions get played, they are giving more tokens. Pink i just played yours again and got way more tokens than I did the first time.

Oh, I would stop by and say hello but yet again you and pete are locked up tight. I am officially insulted by the pair of you.

KrazyPete
09-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh, I would stop by and say hello but yet again you and pete are locked up tight. I am officially insulted by the pair of you.

I'm sorry Cruise! You are a member in my room and it is open to members. I just double checked it. It's been like that since the last time you tried to get in.

I had it wide open to everyone for a few hours yesterday but honestly, it got to be a problem. I'm at work and I'm only glancing over to the screen often enough to keep the video alive. I can't work and check up on the behavior of random guests. But friends who ask to come in are more than welcome. I can't say that I'm going to be particularly interesting company right now though.

Come on in and if there's still a problem please send me a note in SW.

aengus
09-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Hmmm... not sure... my mission is super easy, but yet Pete said he received 89 tokens from it.

And no, I get nada for creating a mission. I'm stuck watching videos for hours on end trying to level up....

You should charge 5 credits for your quest, then you will get something and nobody is going to complain about the 5 credit charge when they get more back in return :)

aliceblue
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
I am noticing that the more complicated and involved user created missions seem to be giving out the bigger XP and tokens. There are a few out there that give some big awards. Not sure if this is what they base the rewards on but might be an indication.I can vouch for the fact that it has nothing to do with how complicated the mission is! My extremely simple minute-long test mission has been giving out the same XP and tokens as that awesome Transylvania mission. It keeps increasing, too.

I guess short and sweet has it's advantages when you're trying to level up.

See.low
09-17-2008, 09:59 AM
You should charge 5 credits for your quest, then you will get something and nobody is going to complain about the 5 credit charge when they get more back in return :)

So now we'll have to pay 5 credits to say, "Pinkgirlygirl rocks"? :confused:

threeboysmom
09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
So now we'll have to pay 5 credits to say, "Pinkgirlygirl rocks"? :confused:

That's worth at least 100 tokens, girly :dance3:

Come on, you know you want to say it again ;)

threeboysmom
09-17-2008, 10:25 AM
OK, my sis just said she received 114 tokens from doing my mission. Apparently, it keeps going up the more times people do it.

So all of you po' folks, come on in!

Before I start charging, heh ;)

threeboysmom
09-17-2008, 10:43 AM

Cruise, I'm sorry you feel that way. I am in there "watching" Survivor videos to earn xp. I am not really even at my computer. I'm AFK. You're not missing out on anything. Trust me.

I can't vouch for Pete locking his room today or not. But yesterday, we had to deal with rude kids demanding control of the remote bc "they" did not want to watch survivor videos, bad language, fighting, etc.....

I'd watch videos in my own room except I don't own a TV and no tokens to buy one... so I'm relegated to seek out other's TV's to plop myself down in front of for the day....

Glad you received tokens from my mission. Make sure to do it again tomorrow as the amount should be a lot higher than it is today...

threeboysmom
09-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Grrr... okay this is why I really disliked quests on VMK and now Smallworlds.

I thought I'd try out some missons since I can make tokens/xp easier than watching videos... or so I thought.

I'm stuck in the 80's mission. Anyone remember what the heck you're supposed to do for this task???

Hope you enjoyed this flash back to the 80's. Add your self to the book of 80's lovers and maybe they will (Rock with you) on the colorful dance floor!

Ok, so I signed teh guest book (thought that was obvious)... nothing!

I danced.... nothing!

I said "Rock with you"... nothing!

I turned the colorful dance floor on and off... and on and off.... nothing!

GRRRRR! Going back to watch videos. Really stinks that I had to pay tokens to do this mission and then can't do it...

KrazyPete
09-17-2008, 11:46 AM
I'd watch videos in my own room except I don't own a TV and no tokens to buy one... so I'm relegated to seek out other's TV's to plop myself down in front of for the day...

I found some more exciting "Extreme Unicycling" videos. I'll get them added to the playlist as soon as I can! :rotfl:

souper
09-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Grrr... okay this is why I really disliked quests on VMK and now Smallworlds.

I thought I'd try out some missons since I can make tokens/xp easier than watching videos... or so I thought.

I'm stuck in the 80's mission. Anyone remember what the heck you're supposed to do for this task???

Hope you enjoyed this flash back to the 80's. Add your self to the book of 80's lovers and maybe they will (Rock with you) on the colorful dance floor!

Ok, so I signed the guest book (thought that was obvious)... nothing!

I danced.... nothing!

I said "Rock with you"... nothing!

I turned the colorful dance floor on and off... and on and off.... nothing!

GRRRRR! Going back to watch videos. Really stinks that I had to pay tokens to do this mission and then can't do it...

I feel your pain. I can not get the flag mission to restart and never did get to complete it. I am also grateful for See Low's help especially with the last combination on the Zorro mission. If not for her I'd still be standing there.

I've yet to try the 80's mission. My guess would have been dancing. Wow writing in the guest book didn't help either? By any chance is there another book or a "rock" in the room to pick up? I dunno?

souper
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I feel your pain. I can not get the flag mission to restart and never did get to complete it. I am also grateful for See Low's help especially with the last combination on the Zorro mission. If not for her I'd still be standing there.

I've yet to try the 80's mission. My guess would have been dancing. Wow writing in the guest book didn't help either? By any chance is there another book or a "rock" in the room to pick up? I dunno?

Update:
I'm on the mission now. On that task I have just tried sigining the book, dancing and right now Michael Jackson's song "Rock With You" is playing. No luck. :confused3
Update#2:
Mim's came in and danced with me. It worked. Thanks Mims! :hug:

So we think it is sign the guest book and dance with another person.

Goofy05
09-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Update:
I'm on the mission now. On that task I have just tried sigining the book, dancing and right now Michael Jackson's song "Rock With You" is playing. No luck. :confused3
Update#2:
Mim's came in and danced with me. It worked. Thanks Mims! :hug:

So we think it is sign the guest book and dance with another person.

Thanks back atcha! I was flying along the missions until I tried that one! lol Some of the clues could use a little better wording, but the music was fun! Another tough mission was the Transylvania one. I love missions of this type, though. I suppose I'll have to make a mission of my own some day...

See.low
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I am also grateful for See Low's help especially with the last combination on the Zorro mission. If not for her I'd still be standing there.

Aww, no problem girl. :hug: Sorry it took me so long to speak. My computer doesn't seem to like the new fancy smancy Smallworlds so I keep freezing.
And thank you for helping me with the flag mission. Without your help I would still be standing there waiting for the pictures to load. :sad2:

souper
09-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I have attempted to create a mission in my room. :) If you would like to try/test it, please stop by. Clicking the camp fire or bear carpet should start the mission. Right now the mission itself is free (nothing to pay or buy). It is set to give XP on the Social Track. If you try it please let me know how it goes.

My Character is Happy Guest
The room is Happy's First Mission
The mission title is Easy Mission #1

It involves going to some public rooms, saying phrases in specific rooms, and doing a few emotes. :)

aengus
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM
I will definitely stop by next time Happy, I just logged out :(

I have to say the mission thing is really starting to become obsessive LOL

souper
09-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks to everyone that stopped by so far. I hope you are enjoyed it. I set it up for Social XP, since I think many of us could use XP in that category. If I add another mission I may make it for Art.

I will definitely stop by next time Happy, I just logged out :(

I have to say the mission thing is really starting to become obsessive LOL

Yes, The missions are quite fun. Look forward to seeing you.

aengus
09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
I set it up for Social XP, since I think many of us could use XP in that category.

what are you trying to say here??? :rotfl2:

Cardinal
09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Guys, search for "Bear Trampoline" and "Dramatic Hamster" and put them in all of your Youtube playlists. They are very quick videos (:45 for the bear, :05 for the hamster) and they're hilarious!

Goofy05
09-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Aww, Happy! I logged out for the night but I will most definitely check out your quest tomorrow! hopefully, I can figure out the whole action/reaction thing soon, as I'd like to make a decent mission myself. Heh, wish me luck! Not only is it not easy being green, it's also not so easy being blonde! Lucky me, I'm BOTH! haha

souper
09-18-2008, 01:38 AM
what are you trying to say here??? :rotfl2:

:) I need it too! It's scary to think my gamer skills are better than my social skills.

OctoPie
09-18-2008, 03:23 AM
:) I need it too! It's scary to think my gamer skills are better than my social skills.

I reached level 30!!!!!!!! Ok jet pack here i come!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Iris
09-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Ok I started a mission titled "My Test Mission" in my room title EASY Test Mission.

Only a few tasks. Right now not giving much but the more it is played hopefully the more it will give.

Check it out if you have time.

disvaclub92
09-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I will be starting my own mission tonight. I tried so many missions yesterday, it was so much fun. Happy and Pink very cute missions you have.

Happy, that is a brilliant idea using the Social to help gain those xp's. If you don't mind, I think I will be doing that for my mission as well. That way all us angels can get our wings faster. ;) hehe.

Can't wait to see more missions.

threeboysmom
09-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I have my mission set to Explorer xp, but if it's helpful, I can switch it to Social? Is that what everyone is working towards?

SOOOOOO nice that we don't actually have to be in our rooms to keep our missions open. LOVE THAT!

Mine is still running and getting high in token giving if you'd like to drop by. Search Pink Girlygirl.

I did take Aengus's advice (shock of shocks) and am now charging 5 tokens. But you get to say "Pink rocks!" at the end. Well worth your tokens ;)

Wow, I've gone from dirt poor to RICH overnight. :dance3:

aengus
09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
I have my mission set to Explorer xp, but if it's helpful, I can switch it to Social? Is that what everyone is working towards?

SOOOOOO nice that we don't actually have to be in our rooms to keep our missions open. LOVE THAT!

Mine is still running and getting high in token giving if you'd like to drop by. Search Pink Girlygirl.

I did take Aengus's advice (shock of shocks) and am now charging 5 tokens. But you get to say "Pink rocks!" at the end. Well worth your tokens ;)

Yes I suggest no cost on your missions for the first people to try because it will pay them less than your charge. But once they are paying out, I think its great the author can get a kick back while the people are being rewarded as well.

disvaclub92
09-18-2008, 09:20 AM

If I recall correctly, I remember one person in another virtual game consistently looking for a rich girl. I think he may have found one. :lmao:

Just imagine all the boys knocking on your door now.

See.low
09-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Just imagine all the boys knocking on your door now.
Boys? I think I just found my new bff! :hug:
I'll send you my wish list soon, Pink. :goodvibes

Iris
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
My mission is still only giving about 3 tokens after about 120 plays. Anybody know what they base it on?

Please help me out and try my missions, hoping that after a while they will start giving out more tokens and xp points.

Search EASY Test Mission

Owner: Cruiseline fan

PS: I have both of my missions set at Social

aengus
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
My mission is still only giving about 3 tokens after about 120 plays. Anybody know what they base it on?

Please help me out and try my missions, hoping that after a while they will start giving out more tokens and xp points.

Search EASY Test Mission

Owner: Cruiseline fan

PS: I have both of my missions set at Social

what is your rating? I havent figured out how the xp and tokens increase either

Iris
09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
what is your rating? I havent figured out how the xp and tokens increase either

Right now it is 4/5. If anybody would like to test how many tokens they are getting, I would be much appreciative.

aliceblue
09-18-2008, 01:37 PM
My mission is still only giving about 3 tokens after about 120 plays. Anybody know what they base it on?I think the tokens and XP simply increase the more it is played. My little one-minute test mission is now giving out 81 tokens and 405 XP; the same as some of the truly awesome ones, such as Transylvania. Mine does not have the highest rating, but it has been played more times than any other.

I happened to get a head start releasing my mission when there weren't many out yet, and I did not charge an entrance fee until today, so I think a lot of players figured out this was fast, easy and cheap. The coolest missions take longer to complete and are not always easy for some players.

disvaclub92
09-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Woot! I made my first mission. I am feeling a little homesick, missing my Boardwalk Hotel so I figured I would make a little quest about my favorite place. If you have a chance, come visit my room, "Around WDW with Disvaclub."

OctoPie
09-18-2008, 03:57 PM

Honey, you wanna see rich, I got 450 tokies in 2 hours!! I started with 2!! (Maybe one mules LOL)

LOL i always wanted to say Hiney, then a statement

Goofy05
09-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Heya!
Mims has an idea... I thought I'd add links to Dis peeps' missions so that they are all centralized and there's really no need to search for them. I found that using the search for some of them didn't work so well, and thought this would be easier. I have added those DISers who have built missions, so far. Now, you need only search for Mimi Green to find every DIS mission that's been posted here.
Anyone who wants to be added to that portal, just post your room's title and I'll gladly add it. Here are the peeps I've got linked so far:

Disvaclub - Around WDW With Disvaclub
AliceBlue - Please Try Out My Test Mission
Cruiseline Fan - EASY Test Mission
Pink Girlygirl - It's All About The Pink Mission
Happy Guest - Happy's First Mission

I think those room titles are correct, if not please let me know! Thanks!

OctoPie
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Heya!
Mims has an idea... I thought I'd add links to Dis peeps' missions so that they are all centralized and there's really no need to search for them. I found that using the search for some of them didn't work so well, and thought this would be easier. I have added those DISers who have built missions, so far. Now, you need only search for Mimi Green to find every DIS mission that's been posted here.
Anyone who wants to be added to that portal, just post your room's title and I'll gladly add it. Here are the peeps I've got linked so far:

Good idea!

disvaclub92
09-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Big Hugs and thanks to Mims, Iris, and Happy!! My mission was not working with the food items (multiple interactions - not a good choice for first mission). Well lets just say I hate to cook anyhow, hehe. Mission is back in action.

Thanks again ladies :)

souper
09-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Big Hugs and thanks to Mims, Iris, and Happy!! My mission was not working with the food items (multiple interactions - not a good choice for first mission). Well lets just say I hate to cook anyhow, hehe. Mission is back in action.

Thanks again ladies :)
You are very welcome and thanks...I just completed your 2 new missions. :hug:

aengus
09-18-2008, 07:57 PM

I just did all these quests, thank you all for making them!

I had fun with them all

and I would also like to apoligize to EVERYONE because I really did something bad concerning pinks quest... I hope you all can find it in your heart to forgive me :(

Cardinal
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Cardinal's Mission of Awesome is now open and ready for business! Search Cardinal's Mission of Awesome or Brian Cardinal to play!

(You will have to sit in the chair closest to the door in order to start.
I am also aware that there is a "hole" in the gate. It is a technical problem :rotfl2: )

Iris
09-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Heya!

How do we do this? I would be willing to do the same in my room to link all the others but I am not sure how to do this. I have so much to learn here, I have only recently been able to play because I had major issues with Internet Explorer. (Big shout out to Disvaclub for suggesting Firefox).

I just did both of Disvaclub's missions and they are starting to give out tokens. I think I got 1 token for the MK one and 3 for the Epcot one. Love them both. Pink's, Happy's and Alice's all gave me 81 tokens and lots of xp.

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
How do we do this? I would be willing to do the same in my room to link all the others but I am not sure how to do this. I have so much to learn here, I have only recently been able to play because I had major issues with Internet Explorer. (Big shout out to Disvaclub for suggesting Firefox).

I just did both of Disvaclub's missions and they are starting to give out tokens. I think I got 1 token for the MK one and 3 for the Epcot one. Love them both. Pink's, Happy's and Alice's all gave me 81 tokens and lots of xp.

Hiya!
Just purchase one of the portals and when you configure the settings you search for the rooms you want it to link to. It's not necessary to have a second portal.
Aengus said he thinks there can only be six linked rooms per portal, so when we get more DIS missions up and running, maybe we can create a teleporter hub in its own room for us DIS.

aengus
09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
this is a cool idea, I have a character named dis boards if i can remember the login ROFL.

Perhaps i can figure out the login and make mims and cruise officers of the room and they can build a portal network to the quests in there

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM
this is a cool idea, I have a character named dis boards if i can remember the login ROFL.

Perhaps i can figure out the login and make mims and cruise officers of the room and they can build a portal network to the quests in there

Great idea! hehe!
Card: I added your mission to my portal.
Don't ye ferget, mateys. It be talk like a pirate day! Aarrr!

NedsTJ
09-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Heya!

Thanks!

Hope you don't mind I updated the list...and added my own, LOL! (Search for Rightsaid and the room should come up! oh, and it's only 2credits to play now until it builds a little bit)

Rightsaid Ned - Ned Rocks! Mission
Brian Cardinal - Cardinal's Mission of Awesome

NedsTJ
09-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know how to make an object trigger the "Task complete" without having to add a button? I was able to get the fireplace to work, but tried to get drawing on the canvas or an arcade machine trigger it but to no avail. Do they have the tutorials up yet?

disvaclub92
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Ned, I tried interactions with food to end task and the button would show for me and not for others. So I removed them all, so no free steak dinners at my place. But yet I have seen it work for other people. So I could easily be just cursed. :lmao:

aliceblue
09-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Hiya!
Just purchase one of the portals and when you configure the settings you search for the rooms you want it to link to. It's not necessary to have a second portal.
Aengus said he thinks there can only be six linked rooms per portal, so when we get more DIS missions up and running, maybe we can create a teleporter hub in its own room for us DIS.The portals aren't a direct link like our VMK teleporters were; you have to select a room and "go there". It's actually no different than traveling from your "favorites" list, and I find that to be much cheaper. ;)

But if someone really wants to start a Dis mission teleporter hub, I can donate a Gothic portal that's just sitting around gathering dust. (And yes, you can only fit 6 rooms in one.)

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 12:47 PM
The portals aren't a direct link like our VMK teleporters were; you have to select a room and "go there". It's actually no different than traveling from your "favorites" list, and I find that to be much cheaper. ;)

But if someone really wants to start a Dis mission teleporter hub, I can donate a Gothic portal that's just sitting around gathering dust. (And yes, you can only fit 6 rooms in one.)

Right. But the problem I've been seeing is that if you don't type the room's title in exactly, it won't show on the search list. :confused3 Same with people's names. They now need to be entered into the search exactly as they are spelled and some names have unique spellings, which adds to the difficulty. So, one place to go to find everyone's missions felt like a pretty good idea. Also, no need to scan this thread to locate those who have missions available. :)
Thanks for the portal offer! It may come in handy soon, we're up to 7 DIS mission rooms, so far. WOOT! :cheer2:

aliceblue
09-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Right. But the problem I've been seeing is that if you don't type the room's title in exactly, it won't show on the search list. :confused3 Same with people's names. They now need to be entered into the search exactly as they are spelled and some names have unique spellings, which adds to the difficulty. So, one place to go to find everyone's missions felt like a pretty good idea. Also, no need to scan this thread to locate those who have missions available. :)I know what you mean about the room search in general; I've found it to be pretty buggy lately. Sometimes I can't even find myself! Saving rooms in favorites is a real time-saver. But you're right; only one person has to go to the trouble of searching to put all of our rooms in some portals.

Also, in case anyone is not aware, all user-created missions can be found under the missions tab, sorted by both popularity and the number of times played. At this point it's not hard to spot the Dis member missions in the list, but I'm sure that will change as more players create their own.

threeboysmom
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
and I would also like to apoligize to EVERYONE because I really did something bad concerning pinks quest... I hope you all can find it in your heart to forgive me :(

I TOTALLY forgive you, dear Grace :hug:

Have you been by yet today? :rotfl2:

aengus
09-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Have you been by yet today? :rotfl2:

Maybe... Maybe not :rolleyes1

Cardinal
09-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a question. Did anyone try my mission? Comments? Criticism? Any ideas as to what I should put on my DJ stand?

NedsTJ
09-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Yo card...i'm sitting alone in your room waiting for another person to sit with me, LOL! Sorry, my only issue with the mission so far...but it's the first task! LOL! I'll be back later to try it out again.popcorn::

Cardinal
09-19-2008, 06:08 PM
LOL, I should've changed the message. You shouldn't have to wait for someone to sit with you. Try sitting in a chair that does not give you the mission.

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 06:54 PM
LOL, I should've changed the message. You shouldn't have to wait for someone to sit with you. Try sitting in a chair that does not give you the mission.

Heya, Card! I just tried your mission but couldn't finish because I've no idea what those lyrics are from, assuming they are lyrics? heh
Just two things I wanted to point out, okay? First, can you make some sign or put something in your room info about how to start the mission? I had to come back here and find your post about the chair...and the other post about the other chair. LOL The wording of your clues is fun! I don't know if your mission pays anything out yet, you may want to hold off on the 3 token fee, unless you already have it up to a paying mission? It could hurt your ratings, if people pay but get no return on that fee.
As for the tunes, add things you like. That's what I did for my own DJ Stand.
Thanks for letting me try out your mission! I haven't started on mine yet. I've no clue where to begin!

Cardinal
09-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Oh no! I guess I didn't save the changes I made last night. I'm terribly sorry for both of you.

(Psst, the song at the end is The Supremes' "Back in My Arms Again" and the answer should be able to be found near the end of the first verse.)

threeboysmom
09-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Just to let everyone know, the experience path for my It's All About the Pink Mission is now set to Social for all those that are looking to earn their wings :angel:

disvaclub92
09-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I wish the tutorials on the missions come out soon. Peeps are expecting big payouts at every mission and if they don't they poorly rate the quest. Not a good move if you want to keep the game going.

The fear here is if your quest is challenging, no one will do it. Also, I have noticed that the payout on the quests have hit a plateau it seems - 405xp and 81 tokens.

NedsTJ
09-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Mine is online if anyone would like to try it...it's only 2 tokens and no guarentee you'll get it back as there've been 0 plays so far, LOL!
Search Rightsaid Ned. Thanks!

aengus
09-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Mine is online if anyone would like to try it...it's only 2 tokens and no guarentee you'll get it back as there've been 0 plays so far, LOL!
Search Rightsaid Ned. Thanks!

I will be sure to try this tomorrow ned, I am all missioned out tonight haha.

after my MASSIVE winnings from the tourneys tonight i hope to make a mission tomorrow :)

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks, Card! I'll try again tomorrow. Yours too, Ned.
Just an FYI. Mimi Green no longer has the teleporters, she has transferred the portals with the mission links to Dis Boards, but just now so give the dude some time to set them up. heh As soon as he's ready, all of the DIS mission links will be found in Dis Boards' room.
Keep making those missions! It would be awesome to have a room filled with portals from our little DIS family. :)

Cardinal
09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Small rant:

I have truly seen the unintelligent side of Smallworlds today.

I can't tell you how many people I have walked through my mission tonight. The complaints were all the same:

"I hate this music!"
"What's a DISCO chip?"
"Show me how to do this!"
"What's the code?"
Some people even cursed at me. One guy broadcasted to everyone in the room that I am a scammer and a cheapskate.

You'd think that 90% of the people playing my quest would be able to understand the puns, the horrible jokes, and the directions in the messages. However, things like "Find the switch that is located near the chip" just don't seem to register.
People do everything independently in the Transylvania quest. Why not in mine? (Please note that my quest was modeled after the Transylvania quest).

I'd really like to thank Happy, Goofy, Aengus, PiratePal, Evoulie, and Ned for helping me keep my sanity through everything and giving your input on the quest.

End rant

(Running the mission was actually pretty fun. This was certainly a night to remember :surfweb: )

souper
09-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Small rant:

I have truly seen the unintelligent side of Smallworlds today.

I can't tell you how many people I have walked through my mission tonight. The complaints were all the same:

"I hate this music!"
"What's a DISCO chip?"
"Show me how to do this!"
"What's the code?"
Some people even cursed at me. One guy broadcasted to everyone in the room that I am a scammer and a cheapskate.

You'd think that 90% of the people playing my quest would be able to understand the puns, the horrible jokes, and the directions in the messages. However, things like "Find the switch that is located near the chip" just don't seem to register.
People do everything independently in the Transylvania quest. Why not in mine? (Please note that my quest was modeled after the Transylvania quest).

I'd really like to thank Happy, Goofy, Aengus, PiratePal, Evoulie, and Ned for helping me keep my sanity through everything and giving your input on the quest.

End rant

(Running the mission was actually pretty fun. This was certainly a night to remember :surfweb: )

Hugs Cardinal. You did have some real winners. One would think the fact that you called mentioned the chip was green woud be clue enough of an added hint. (Look for anything green in the room.)

Thanks for the mission. I'll stop by again soon. The VMK chat was fun tonight too.

rickyratsmom
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Is it only me or is the lag in this game just awefull?? Everytime I need to load a room it takes 5 minutes, very frustrating....

Goofy05
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Card, don't let those people get to you, we had them on vmk, too, just not in such large numbers. Seems the peeps on SW want a free and easy ride to fortune. Personally, when I do make my mission it will NOT be dumbed down for those opportunistic players, regardless of the poor ratings my mission is sure to receive. I did that on vmk and was never happy about it, but those were CHILDREN! If the players on SW are to be over the age of 13, then they should possess basic reading skills. If not, they can move along to the easier missions. heh

Rickyratsmom: Weekends are horribly laggy on SW. I try avoiding them, unless someone asks for help with a dance mission. ;)

Iris
09-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Well just an FYI, my mission is still giving out 1 stinking token. Sorry folks, was trying to make something easy to get some easy social xp. I can only hope that eventually one day it will go up. I decided not to get too frustrated with it and will just leave it up and running while I try to fix my original mission that I messed up horribly when adding items to pick up - poor Happy was picking up jewel 11 out of 4 over and over again.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

On a lighter note - has anybody noticed that 24 hours in Smallworlds is a lot longer than 24 hours in real life? I created a mule - mostly to test out my mission and see how much the mission was giving out. I write down the exact time that I do the mission and after what I think is 24 hours, I go to try it again and get the notice that I must wait at least 24 hours to try it again.

I wonder if SW has a longer hour than we do?:confused3 If so, I should could use that longer hour every once in a while when I have too much to do.

aengus
09-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I mades a mission :)

Mission Idiom... it was late i forget what track it is, i think it might be gamer

Gracie Fairplay's Mission room i think... hey come on I told you it was late when I made it, i forgets :)

Anyways, it should be pretty easy, maybe even a little fun I hope :)

aengus
09-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I noticed Cards room was pretty busy last night (FOR ONCE) and decided it may be time to strike!

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/2470/snag0090xc1.jpg

OctoPie
09-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I mades a mission :)

Mission Idiom... it was late i forget what track it is, i think it might be gamer

Gracie Fairplay's Mission room i think... hey come on I told you it was late when I made it, i forgets :)

Anyways, it should be pretty easy, maybe even a little fun I hope :)

OOO I played it I used google one time!

Evoulie
09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
I have to get 10 people dancing in my room this weekend..

Ev

aengus
09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I have to get 10 people dancing in my room this weekend..

Ev

use the vmkers channel we setup to get help for this :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1956701

Iris
09-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Don't Edit!

I finally noticed something about these missions. My mission is still giving out 1 token and I have been using two test mules to verify. Something else I just noticed, one mule took it yesterday and it got 4 xp and 2 tokens. This morning I edited my mission again(been editing every day) and when the mule went back to do it, it only got 3 xp and 1 token. I think every time we edit it drops back down a bit. Just a thought.

disvaclub92
09-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I have been trying to figure out this measurement and pay issue. This is just a hunch. But here was my experiment.

9:15am EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 104 times - received 32 tokens
1:45pm EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 121 times - received 29 tokens

9:15am EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 96 times - received 10 tokens
1:45pm EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 109 times - received 14 tokens

Both are currently rated a 4/5.

I have received feedback in the room by people, that they have rated my quest low because I do not payout well. For some reason, I think a rating may impact how the pay occurs. In addition, like Cruise says, a slight alteration to the mission will impact it as well.

Just a thought. I think we should keep this in mind and rate all Dis'rs quests a 5. I will not be charging for the quest until I get to a good payout for the recipients, just think it is best that way since we both will make out in the long run. Charging too early will make people not want to do your mission.

Goofy05
09-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I have been trying to figure out this measurement and pay issue. This is just a hunch. But here was my experiment.

9:15am EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 104 times - received 32 tokens
1:45pm EST Magic Kingdom Quest - played 121 times - received 29 tokens

9:15am EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 96 times - received 10 tokens
1:45pm EST Epcot Resort Quest - played 109 times - received 14 tokens

Both are currently rated a 4/5.

I have received feedback in the room by people, that they have rated my quest low because I do not payout well. For some reason, I think a rating may impact how the pay occurs. In addition, like Cruise says, a slight alteration to the mission will impact it as well.

Just a thought. I think we should keep this in mind and rate all Dis'rs quests a 5. I will not be charging for the quest until I get to a good payout for the recipients, just think it is best that way since we both will make out in the long run. Charging too early will make people not want to do your mission.

I agree, but wanted to expand on this a little. Mostly for those who are just starting out, perhaps steal a few lines from our own Gracie Fairplay. When typing a description for your mission, remind the players that payouts are determined by the staff of smallworlds, not the creator of the mission. Also mention that the higher they rate missions, the more money they can make doing them again, every 24 hours. Maybe this will help eliminate the snotty comments I've been witnessing when players don't receive substantial payouts. ;) Just some thoughts I had...

threeboysmom
09-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Don't Edit!

I finally noticed something about these missions. My mission is still giving out 1 token and I have been using two test mules to verify. Something else I just noticed, one mule took it yesterday and it got 4 xp and 2 tokens. This morning I edited my mission again(been editing every day) and when the mule went back to do it, it only got 3 xp and 1 token. I think every time we edit it drops back down a bit. Just a thought.

Cruise might be onto something here. My mission was capped at the highest pay-out of 81 tokens... then it dropped somewhat and I coudldn't figure out why.

However, I DID make an edit.... maybe that is why?

aengus
09-20-2008, 01:54 PM
However, I DID make an edit.... maybe that is why?

see!!! you should have left it alone!!!!

I cant even get on the mission list, how am i ever going to get rich? :rotfl:

threeboysmom
09-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I cant even get on the mission list, how am i ever going to get rich? :rotfl:

Might help if you unlock the stinking door to your room ;)

Cardinal
09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
When typing a description for your mission, remind the players that payouts are determined by the staff of smallworlds, not the creator of the mission.

I don't think this will work. Nobody even takes two seconds to read the "Please sit in the chair closest to the door" in my mission's description. :p

disvaclub92
09-20-2008, 03:12 PM

The trick is that it is not in his homespace, it is in a mission room he created. Gracie is now "on the list" so you can find him that way. :goodvibes

aengus
09-20-2008, 04:25 PM

The trick is that it is not in his homespace, it is in a mission room he created. Gracie is now "on the list" so you can find him that way. :goodvibes

hahahahaha! SO THERE PINK!

aliceblue
09-20-2008, 04:30 PM
So does changing your mission track count as editing? I was considering changing mine to Social or Gamer, but maybe I shouldn't if it reduces the XP and tokens.

I leveled up to 40 in Social while doing Disvaclub's missions. Thanks Dis! I can wear my purple fairy wings now. :) (I guess the track requirement for that item was Social after all. Don't know why they don't mention it in the shop description like they do for the other wings.)

disvaclub92
09-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Just a suggestion, to get your mission on the list you need at least 5-7 people visit your mission. If you create a mission, please use the DIS channel to request people to come to your mission so that we can get your mission on the list.

Good question Alice Blue, I am guessing since it is not a "physical task" change it should not impact it. But you never know the method to the madness of the mission engine. hehe.

LittleMermaidsMom
09-20-2008, 04:46 PM
I opened a new mission... it's called Sparkle Pixie's Disney Villians Mission.. you should be able to find it in the Dis teleporter network.. thanks Disvaclub!

threeboysmom
09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Gracie is now "on the list" so you can find him that way. :goodvibes

Why in the world would I want to find HIM? :confused3

souper
09-20-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm wondering if they have a cap on the token payout. The most I have ever received from any custom mission is the 81 token/ 405 XP. Has anyone seen a higher mission payout?

Initially the # of plays definately help the mission payout. The first time I did AliceBlue's mission the payout was 2XP and 0 Tokens. Most of us know if as gone way up. :thumbsup2

Like everyone, I'd love to know what reduces the pay out. For now the theme seems to be play often and rate high.

When I hear someome complain about payout, I tell them, the more you play, the more it pays. Play again tomorrow the pay should be much better. I also explain the room owner does not set the pay, the game does. This seems to help.

See.low
09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
When I hear someome complain about payout, I tell them, the more you play, the more it pays. Play again tomorrow the pay should be much better. I also explain the room owner does not set the pay, the game does. This seems to help.
Ungrateful, don't want to work for anything, little brats...heh

Goofy05
09-20-2008, 11:21 PM

Who? Me? ::yes:: Give me free, I poor...gosh!

disvaclub92
09-20-2008, 11:22 PM

Yes, sad but true. I think my next mission might be a about what is "RIF". Three questions, fill in the blanks. Prolly rated low.

Sad but true, they don't even read the tasks just want people to tell them the answers.

souper
09-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Yes, sad but true. I think my next mission might be a about what is "RIF". Three questions, fill in the blanks. Prolly rated low.

Sad but true, they don't even read the tasks just want people to tell them the answers.

No worries on that Dis. If they can't finish the mission, they can't rate it! :lmao: "I help with the other missions, but not that one."

OctoPie
09-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I was on a mission and I go in a teleporter, the teleporter outside was (sit down for this one) A HOBBIT HOLE LMAO :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

aengus
09-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Ned I tried to do your mission, but I couldnt get past the, draw me a picture, part.

disvaclub92
09-21-2008, 09:14 AM
No worries on that Dis. If they can't finish the mission, they can't rate it! :lmao: "I help with the other missions, but not that one."

Doh! So true, can't rate a mission you can never complete. You can tell it was late when I posted that. :lmao:

NedsTJ
09-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Ned I tried to do your mission, but I couldnt get past the, draw me a picture, part.

Yea, thanks. Happy sent me an email bout that as well. I had the Graffiti board "Who can use" set to "Contributor" for some reason. Is now set to anyone. There is a button you click on the board, don't really need to draw anything as I couldn't get that to work and complete the task by actually drawing. Oh, and it's the board on the right.

If someone wouldn't mind running thru the quest...er, mission (:lmao: ) and letting me know if it works, I'd be appreciative! :thumbsup2

PrincessNoelle
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Yea, thanks. Happy sent me an email bout that as well. I had the Graffiti board "Who can use" set to "Contributor" for some reason. Is now set to anyone. There is a button you click on the board, don't really need to draw anything as I couldn't get that to work and complete the task by actually drawing. Oh, and it's the board on the right.

If someone wouldn't mind running thru the quest...er, mission (:lmao: ) and letting me know if it works, I'd be appreciative! :thumbsup2

Yes, it works! That means "Noelle was here" can stay! :laughing:
Took me awhile on the picture task but I finally got it!

NedsTJ
09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey all, I've got the bugs worked out of the first mission. If you want to stop by it needs a few more people to play to get it up to the board lists...

Also added a second mission re:Sci-Fi Movies. This one will take more doing...searching, googling, wiki, imdb, etc. No hints are offered and it might take a bit on some of the quotes (which can all be found online, btw!)

souper
09-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey all, I've got the bugs worked out of the first mission. If you want to stop by it needs a few more people to play to get it up to the board lists...

Also added a second mission re:Sci-Fi Movies. This one will take more doing...searching, googling, wiki, imdb, etc. No hints are offered and it might take a bit on some of the quotes (which can all be found online, btw!)

I'll try to swing by tomorrow afternoon for the Sci-Fi. Happy will be Googling for sure.

Evoulie
09-22-2008, 04:28 PM
My mission (quest) is open in my room, Evoulie's Space.

Ev

aliceblue
09-23-2008, 12:19 AM
This morning I edited my mission again(been editing every day) and when the mule went back to do it, it only got 3 xp and 1 token. I think every time we edit it drops back down a bit. Just a thought.For some reason, I think a rating may impact how the pay occurs. In addition, like Cruise says, a slight alteration to the mission will impact it as well.Cruise might be onto something here. My mission was capped at the highest pay-out of 81 tokens... then it dropped somewhat and I coudldn't figure out why.

However, I DID make an edit.... maybe that is why? I think the tokens and XP simply increase the more it is played.Well, I may have just disproved all of these theories. My mission is no longer giving out 81 tokens; it has dropped to 66. The rating has actually increased slightly, and I haven't made any edits.

It looks to me as if the SmallWorlds staff is making adjustments as they see fit.

Iris
09-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Well, I may have just disproved all of these theories. My mission is no longer giving out 81 tokens; it has dropped to 66. The rating has actually increased slightly, and I haven't made any edits.

It looks to me as if the SmallWorlds staff is making adjustments as they see fit.

I actually got 72 tokens from your mission yesterday afternoon. Hmm, maybe some of it depends on how many times we have played it?

aengus
09-23-2008, 05:55 AM
the missions are a bit confusing on the xp side. It is defintiely possible they are tweaking them in the back end making adjustments.

Either way I do have all my stats above 40 now so they did make good on their suggestion that, by simply playing it shouldnt be a problem getting your account to that level.

souper
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM
It would be nice of somehow the room owner could atleast check to see what XP and tokens are being awarded.

souper
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I actually got 72 tokens from your mission yesterday afternoon. Hmm, maybe some of it depends on how many times we have played it?

I just got 63 tokens and 316 XP.

aliceblue
09-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I actually got 72 tokens from your mission yesterday afternoon. Hmm, maybe some of it depends on how many times we have played it?I just got 63 tokens and 316 XP.The 66 token amount was last night, so based on these three numbers, it is definitely going down. (Sorry folks! Still quick and easy though.)

I have changed the XP path from Explorer to Artist, since there seems to be a lot of Social out there already.

disvaclub92
09-23-2008, 02:44 PM
I have changed the XP path from Explorer to Artist, since there seems to be a lot of Social out there already.

I am going to change my XP from Social to Magic Kingdom to Artist and Epcot Resort to Gamer. Hopefully, that will help everyone.

Wonder why that is dropping. I seriously think it is related to ratings unfortunately. But gosh its easy, why not rate it a five.

aliceblue
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Wonder why that is dropping. I seriously think it is related to ratings unfortunately. But gosh its easy, why not rate it a five.The rating has actually gone up from 4 to 4.5 on mine; it gave out the highest tokens at 4. (Of course I did not help matters by rating it low the first time I tested it!)

Here's another guess: Perhaps SmallWorlds is attempting to redirect players to lesser-played missions with, shall we say, a little more content? :p

disvaclub92
09-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Here's another guess: Perhaps SmallWorlds is attempting to redirect players to lesser-played missions with, shall we say, a little more content? :p

Hmm, interesting that is a very good possibility. :rotfl:

NedsTJ
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM

Then come on by and play "It's Full of Stars"!! Requires some googling, wiki and/or imdb looking up! About 19 tasks of sci-fi trivia and quotes. Search for "RightsaidNed's Place". :cool2: (either nobody has tried it yet, or nobody has completed it...still at 0 plays)

souper
09-23-2008, 05:48 PM
The rating has actually gone up from 4 to 4.5 on mine; it gave out the highest tokens at 4. (Of course I did not help matters by rating it low the first time I tested it!)

:confused3 Or maybe they know we are trying to figure it out and are just messing with us. :confused3

aengus
09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
:confused3 Or maybe they know we are trying to figure it out and are just messing with us. :confused3

I think yavn is doing it @_@

souper
09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
:lmao:

So, is he the one causing me not to be able to log in...Or did you break it? ;) (Got back in after about 1/2 hour)

Pizza Captain just listed his 3 custom missions on another thread and I can't log in. :confused:

Update: (Got back in after about 1/2 hour)

aengus
09-23-2008, 08:06 PM
For the record I did NOT do it!

threeboysmom
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
For the record I did NOT do it!

Going to blame this one on NED! :rotfl2:

OctoPie
09-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Off topic:Where has lily gone to(game)??

On topic: Thanks guys for getting me to level 50 :) i gotz meh jet pack!

and I bet Esmerelda did it, I always knew she was hiding something underneath that foliating glass box a BIG secret that she is aengus in disguise and breaks games. :lmao:

Thats my conjecture :idea:

aengus
09-24-2008, 06:10 AM

Not sure, but even more off topic... Who are you always fighting with in the channel Pink? :goodvibes

threeboysmom
09-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Oh! Can I play the off topic game too???

Soooooooooo not telling :dance3:

Far More IMPORTANT: Where has Hurry gone? ;)

Who are you always fighting with in the channel Pink? :goodvibes

I hate that DIS channel!

NedsTJ
09-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Going to blame this one on NED! :rotfl2:

No habla inglÚs!

(besides....I heard that Happy did it...again!)

To the dark side....

OctoPie
09-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh! Can I play the off topic game too???

Soooooooooo not telling :dance3:

Far More IMPORTANT: Where has Hurry gone? ;)

Fine, if i tell you about hurry tell me where lily is!!! I need to talk to her!!

souper
09-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Today I added a second mission to my room.

Title: Art Around Us
Path: Artist

At this time there is no charge. The art mission takes place in the the guest room and is pretty easy.

threeboysmom
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Anyone still offering Social? I need 12 more levels (grr) to get my PINK ANGEL WINGS :angel:

souper
09-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Anyone still offering Social? I need 12 more levels (grr) to get my PINK ANGEL WINGS :angel:

Easy Mission #1 is still social. Yesterday it was giving 405 XP. Not sure about today.
Get those wings girl!!!

CutieEm
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
How can you make it so that you sit in a certain chair? I am trying to make them sit in my Wicker Seat and it wont let it pass

NedsTJ
09-24-2008, 06:59 PM
How can you make it so that you sit in a certain chair? I am trying to make them sit in my Wicker Seat and it wont let it pass

Set the mission task to "Interacting with an item".

Then click on the wicker chair, the click Configuration, then Interactions. In the upper right hand corner click the "REACTIONS" tab. Click ADD to add a reaction. Select SIT as the action. Then "Complete a Task", pick the mission, and then the task it applies to.

See...simple!

If you don't do it this way, the player can simply sit in any chair anywhere, and not just your specific wicker chair.

NedsTJ
09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
FYI - Just did all the missions I could link to from DisBoard's place (except my own) and earned a little over 600 tokens. Of course, there was some leveling up in there, but not bad for an hours work, LOL. Got anywhere from 81 to 1 tokens. Piece of pie! Easy as cake! :rotfl:

threeboysmom
09-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I think I'm afraid to do yours again, Ned :lmao:

aengus
09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
is it ok if i draw this on his grafiti board?

@_@

NedsTJ
09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
If that's what makes you happy!

threeboysmom
09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
is it ok if i draw this on his grafiti board?

@_@

Enough with the "Mickey Ears" !!

If that's what makes you happy!

Oh, it would make him happy happy alright

CutieEm
09-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok i got another question.

I just got my quest set up and running. But how can I give out prizes?

NedsTJ
09-27-2008, 11:49 AM
The system will do it for you. All you can earn are tokens and experience points. Maybe at some point you can give prizes, but not yet.

What's your smallworlds title...there are 5 pages of "Cutie"s that show up (and none are online now...)

CutieEm
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
The system will do it for you. All you can earn are tokens and experience points. Maybe at some point you can give prizes, but not yet.

Ya i just meant XP and tokens. So i dont have to pay them anything? A guy just finished my quest and got 2 XP. How can I set it so he gets higher with tokens?

aengus
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Ya i just meant XP and tokens. So i dont have to pay them anything? A guy just finished my quest and got 2 XP. How can I set it so he gets higher with tokens?

it is automatic, the more it gets done the more it will pay out.

post your mission info in the dis mission teleporter thread and mims or cruise will add you to our teleporter network, which will help you get started :)

Cardinal
09-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone, I'm going to put another plug in for my mission because it has been played once in the last week.

The name of my mission is "Cardinal's Mission of Awesome" and it gives Explorer xp. The answer to the last question is "advice." There is a 5 token entry fee, but you should get at least twice that when you finish.

Evoulie
09-27-2008, 06:06 PM
- copies Card -

Come try my quest! It's called "The CHURROBOY Quest" and It gives Gamer XP. There is no fee cause It doesn't give that much yet!

Ev

NedsTJ
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Card...I've played your mission at least once a day (3-4 times?). BTW, everytime I play a Disr's mission I always rate it a 5/5...even if it is annoying :rolleyes1

Cardinal
09-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey Card...I've played your mission at least once a day (3-4 times?). BTW, everytime I play a Disr's mission I always rate it a 5/5...even if it is annoying :rolleyes1

Really? I guess I'm just not getting tokens from it then.

souper
09-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Card I have not been to your mission today but do have it on my list.
I thought we tested the token thing last week. If you see me on during the week and need it re-tested please let me know. If the 24 hour mission timer allows, I will run through it.

As far as non-Dis'er playing the mission. Consider putting a scroll or piece of paper on the floor with the answer to the last task. It may help people when you are not there.

CutieEm
09-28-2008, 02:04 PM
QUESTION! Sorry to inturrept the fight :P

Anyways, I wanted to add part of a mission where someone has to write in the guestbook for it to work. How can I set that up?

souper
09-28-2008, 02:16 PM
QUESTION! Sorry to inturrept the fight :P

Anyways, I wanted to add part of a mission where someone has to write in the guestbook for it to work. How can I set that up?

Hi CutieEm!
I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Although the 80's Mission has it in a task near the end of the quest, I have passed that task by opening the guest book, and hitting cancel instead of making an entry...and then dancing with someone.

If you find out how, please let us know.

NedsTJ
10-02-2008, 11:36 AM
On my latest mission "Appease the Gods" (which can be found on "Ned's Tiki Parasise" plug plug) I have a bunch of rubies which need to be found. I've noticed that other missions when an item is picked up, they don't dissapear. Is there a setting for that feature or do I need to set a separate button and turn off the default "Pick Up" button?

Being at work now I can't try this out but will be on later tonight...

threeboysmom
10-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Hmm...

I've noticed when I've played a mission where you had to pick up something (think it was a scroll) that it DID disappear. But after a certain amount of time elapsed, it appeared back on the table.... so that others could pass the same task too.

disvaclub92
10-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Hmm...

I've noticed when I've played a mission where you had to pick up something (think it was a scroll) that it DID disappear. But after a certain amount of time elapsed, it appeared back on the table.... so that others could pass the same task too.

Yes, I noticed too. In a few of the busiest missions, I have seen that they have provided more than one of the items so you don't have to wait for the item to appear again.

NedsTJ
10-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I answered my own question. You simply add a custom button and assign the reactions to that. Then uncheck the box to display the default buttons.

I still havn't figured out the giving of artifacts yet....nor have I figured out the logic that makes some missions jump to the top in popularity while others (of the same vintage and style) linger in obscurity...:lmao:

disvaclub92
10-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Siobhan has posted some user guides for missions, may provide you with something you did not know already.

Mission 101 - Creating your first mission (http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=1207)

Mission Setup - Overview and Glossary (http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=1241)

ichiroz1
10-04-2008, 02:59 PM
How do you create missons? I need step by step instructions.

disvaclub92
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Read the post above yours for links to instructions on the Smallworlds Forum. :)