PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about WDW in Feb.

DVCJones
09-13-2008, 09:09 AM
We will be going in Feb during President's week. We usually go during April (around Easter). How does Feb. compare to April...weather, crowds etc.

We drive from Massachusetts and usually go in April because the traveling weather in Feb. can get :scared1: Has anyone driven from the NE in Feb?

Can you tell I am out of my comfort zone....I just love going in April even with the crowds.:rotfl: It just isn't an option this year.

I have even given thought to going in July.

Help, I guess I am looking for someone to tell me how wonderful February at WDW is.:)

Thanks!

Original19
09-13-2008, 09:44 AM
That's so funny because I actually wrote this exact same question in to the PodCast and Julie answered it!

February looks awesome - it's when we've decided to go. Average temp is heavenly (around 75). February is value season so crowds are historically low... except Presidents Day.

July is surface of the sun hot and crazy busy. You know those puddles you often find up and down Main Street? Yeah, those are actually guests who have just given up and melted. We went in June one year and I'll never do it again.

DVCJones
09-13-2008, 09:55 AM
That's so funny because I actually wrote this exact same question in to the PodCast and Julie answered it!

February looks awesome - it's when we've decided to go. Average temp is heavenly (around 75). February is value season so crowds are historically low... except Presidents Day.

July is surface of the sun hot and crazy busy. You know those puddles you often find up and down Main Street? Yeah, those are actually guests who have just given up and melted. We went in June one year and I'll never do it again.

:rotfl2:

I am a little behind with listening to the podcasts....do you remember the date of the podcast? I'll have to go back and listen.

emma'smom
09-13-2008, 12:25 PM
We almost always go in mid-March...which we love because it is nice and warm for swimming, but not miserable like summer.

Two years ago we went in February. It was cold...colder than we expected. We really couldn't swim much (yes, the pool was heated, but the air was cold) and we ended up needing sweatshirts (great souvie!).However, we still had a great time! The days were sunny and warm enough for outside activities and I took a few pairs of capris that I wore---because I could. I doubt any Floridians would do it...but it was wonderful not to be bundled up! Also, if you are from the NE (we're from Ohio, so not NE...but still cold in winter)...even walking around in sweatshirts in February is a treat!

There were fewer crowds...and there were lots of things to indoors when it was chilly! You'll have fun!

PollyannaMom
09-13-2008, 01:05 PM
We went for a day-trip (from a relative's house in Florida) during Presidents' week last year - I think it was the Tuesday or Wednesday, and it really was OK! Follow the normal advice - arrive early, use Fast Pass, go opposite the "instinctive" path, and pay attention to the crowd calendar - and I think you'll be fine.

Weather-wise, it was VERY nice to escape February in Massachusetts!! It was chilly by Florida standards, but not bad at all by New England ones!

Be warned that there may be more things closed for refurbishment in February than April, but you can find out exactly what on Disney's web site.

It's kind of funny. - We're actually in the opposite position this year. - We've never been in April, but are thinking of going then, and were worrying about crowds!

MommyBryn
09-13-2008, 01:58 PM
We always go in Jan/Feb (this year we're going early Jan, though- a first for us). We love it. It's never TOO hot, but it's always much warmer than home (NW). We usually have at least one rainy day, but it's still so much fun. We're always able to hit a waterpark at least once, and the crowds aren't bad either. (there's ALWAYS a few times in every trip that we're able to just get off a ride and run back through the line and get back on with little to no wait).