PDA

View Full Version : 32 Years for us!

auntie
09-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to share that today is our 32nd wedding anniversary. Yep...I'm feelin' a little old, can't believe where the time has gone. Just yesterday I was an 18 year old bride..now my youngest is 17! Oh boy. 32 years ago Bob had brown curly hair (with a little gray even then:rolleyes1 ) I was naturally blonde....ahh...I mean I'm still a natural blonde(thank God for hairdressers!:laughing: ). We've had our ups and downs like any family..but we're still hangin' in there. Together. There is something to be said for growing old together. You don't notice the grey hair, wrinkles, or the weight..(or so he says..if wants to continue to live and grow old together.. I mean the man has learned SOMETHING in 32 years!:rotfl2: )
We're going to FW two weeks from tomorrow! Believe it or not..it's the first time we will be on a plane together alone without our kids since we've been married. We've been away together, but we have driven..so I'm a little nervous about flying and leaving the kids home. (afraid of what my house will look like when I get back!:scared1: ).
Well, this is my guy..and I just wanted to share with you all that he's a hard workin' man, who has always put me and the kids first. I'm proud to be his wife, and call him my husband.

Remembering when...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y4NTXT96EM

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/auntie57/momsphotos205.jpg

HappyCamper87
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
:love: Congratulations! Auntie :)

Hope you and your DH have a wonderful trip!

We'll be arriving 10/5 to celebrate 9 years. :cloud9: (nine years, cloud nine, get it)

Sounds a little silly compared to 32!

Best Wishes!

Tink51
09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
39 years for us- we celebrated at the Fort in June. Can't believe it went by so fast- waiting for 40:) Congrats and enjoy your trip

ntsammy5
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
That's great Phyllis. And your tags are still spectacular, I bet! :lmao:

seabee
09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Congrats Phyllis!! I love hearing that people are still going strong. So many people enter into marriage these days with the idea that it can be undone if they don't like it. Kudos to the two of you!! Here's to many more wonderful years together, and have a great trip alone with eachother.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_28_125.gif

Gatordad
09-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I heard from my sources that there is a HUUUGE keg party on LI Saturday night.

PolynesianPixie
09-12-2008, 02:28 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/polynesianPixie/tag5-mm-wedding-Bustamalaka-150.jpg

Us3
09-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!! You're so blessed with a good man and kids! Congrats to you guys and here is to wishing you many many more happy years together!! You're in an inspiration to me and many others!

BigDaddyRog
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
WOW...32 years!!! You guys are INSANE!!!!!! But youre insane TOGETHER, and thats a beautiful thing!!! Congratulations to you and Bob...have a few dozen glasses of wine and boink till someone gets a cramp!!!!

Shannone1
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to share that today is our 32nd wedding anniversary.

Awwww...congrats :goodvibes It sounds like you are very happy and that is very nice to hear about these days :cloud9:

VACAMPER
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Congratulations! :cheer2:

auntie
09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks..you guys are great. :goodvibes My husband sent me some BEATUTIFUl flowers today:flower3: With a yellow rose in the center. (they're my favorite and were even in my bouquet the day we got married :lovestruc )

Out to dinner tonight. We're not exchanging gifts..I told him to save his money...Ill be wanting something expensive when we go to Disney!:wizard:
Smart thinking right..? Hey..I've managed to learn a thing or two in 32 years! :laughing:

Ami..I love the Mickey and Minnie!..don't mind if I steal it for a while do ya? Thank you for taking the time.

Born 2 Fish
09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
32 is a really nice number,,I hope ya'll have the very best of days , today.
And ya'll are REALLY gonna enjoy ya'llz trip alone together, even tho they will be in the back of your mind.

Happy Anniversary !

Just Beachy
09-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Phyllis,
Congratulations to you and Bob on 32 years together!! Not many people can say that anymore! Your children are very lucky to have you and Bob as role models for their own marriages one day. Have a wonderful trip alone together and don't worry about that huge party back at home - Gatordad will be stopping by to show them how..., I mean, break up, the party! God bless you and congrats!!! :flower3:

Just Beachy
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
...have a few dozen glasses of wine and boink till someone gets a cramp!!!!

Rog, that's the most romantic thing I've ever heard!! :sad2:

PolynesianPixie
09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks..you guys are great. :goodvibes My husband sent me some BEATUTIFUl flowers today:flower3: With a yellow rose in the center. (they're my favorite and were even in my bouquet the day we got married :lovestruc )

Out to dinner tonight. We're not exchanging gifts..I told him to save his money...Ill be wanting something expensive when we go to Disney!:wizard:
Smart thinking right..? Hey..I've managed to learn a thing or two in 32 years! :laughing:

Ami..I love the Mickey and Minnie!..don't mind if I steal it for a while do ya? Thank you for taking the time.

Of course! I "stole" the one Rog made for me! I have no original ideas......

2goofycampers
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Happy 32nd Anniversary Phyllis and Bob.

terri01p
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Congrats!! Hope your anniversary is wonderful...my dh and myself with be married 28 yrs on September 26, so I'm right there behind you guys. :eek:

BRDof3
09-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Way to go!!!!!

Woohoo, yeah, and all that! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

stacktester
09-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Congrats Phyllis. Hope you have another 32.

allisophie
09-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Congrats!:love:

I hope Dh and I make it to 25 ~ I have it in writing that by then he has to buy into DVC.. kinda hoping he does it before hand.. so far no luck.. :rotfl2:

ps we are at 22 yrs now :lovestruc

Im sure your house will be ok.. DH and I went to HI for our 20th.. and my teenager called every day.. mom the house is still here :rotfl: and you are not! It was our first trip away from the girls.. the youngest stayed with Grandma.. she cried every day.. and both of them remind us of when we "left them at home to go to the Islands" I told them to just wait.. one of these days we are going to Disney with out them.. this is their reaction.... :eek: :mad: :scared: :faint:

1goofy1
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Congrats Phyllis:thumbsup2 Wishing you many more. I know that this may sound minuscule but my DH & I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary on November 17th and we will be at the fort. You are an Inspiration. Have fun on your trip.

AuburnJen92
09-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Congratulations and here is to many, many more lovely anniversaries to come!:flower3:

Donna
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Phyllis,
Just wanted to say Congrats on your anniversary! We just had our 25th in May, they're real milestones! I like your thinking on the gift and waiting for something expensive at Disney. I am thinking.....jewelry case...yeh that sounds good!:goodvibes

Gatordad
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
WOW...32 years!!! You guys are INSANE!!!!!! But youre insane TOGETHER, and thats a beautiful thing!!! Congratulations to you and Bob...have a few dozen glasses of wine and boink till someone gets a cramp!!!!
\

You are ,and always will be the man

g8trmom1
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Phyllis,
Sorry this is so late!!

Congrats!!

Here's to many more years to come!!

Gatordad
09-12-2008, 11:58 PM
what time does the keg party start?

des1954
09-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Sorry this is late....but I hope your dinner and evening were spectacular!! We will share a drink (and some Dis-board gossip) when you come down later this month!!!

Hurray for Bob & Phyllis!!!pixiedust:

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Phyllis, where are you staying when you go to the Fort?

BRDof3
09-13-2008, 08:32 AM

When all the world changes and becomes unreliable, and we have nothing else we can count on, BDR will still be BDR. :thumbsup2

des1954
09-13-2008, 09:02 AM
She's renting Tina's 5'er.

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 09:04 AM
She's renting Tina's 5'er.

I wanted to hear it from HER!
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sarge/Blasting_anim.gif

des1954
09-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I wanted to hear it from HER!
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sarge/Blasting_anim.gif

From her lips, to my ears, to this board. Too bad for you!:laughing:

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 09:16 AM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spam1.gif

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/edoom/Lurking.gif

auntie
09-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Come to think of it Al, I'm not sure I've mentioned this :confused3 but...I"M STAYING IN TINA"S FIFTH WHEEL! :laughing:

I didn't want to dissapoint ya...wise guy.:sad2:

:rotfl:

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. I appreciate the sentiment, and wish all of you with upcomming anniversaries many more to come. :wizard: