09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I see it.

g8trmom1
09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
They never use a map or ask for directions

vick
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM

So true! I'm surprised he even asked where.

RvUsa
09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
YO! I got it right here. (in my best ny ese)

Gatordad
09-08-2008, 02:13 PM

who's car has the navigation......

DisneyBishops
09-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Real men don't need navigation devices. We have all the directions in our head. Now if we could only get them out. LOL

clkelley
09-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Real men don't need navigation devices. We have all the directions in our head. Now if we could only get them out. LOL

That's the nice thing about navigation systems. It's an electronic toy, so men "gotta" have it. Gives them an out. They don't have to admit they need it for directions, but can brag about their new toy!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Momof626x3
09-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I believe that my DH got a GPS for the sole purpose of arguing with it. When it tells him where to go he always knows a "better" way and the GPS is an "idiot".

Shan-man
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
That's the nice thing about navigation systems. It's an electronic toy, so men "gotta" have it. Gives them an out. They don't have to admit they need it for directions, but can brag about their new toy!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Shhhhh! Don't ruin it. It gives us an out and gets you where you want to go... who loses here?

BTW - Naomi, what are your dates... I see our counters are almost equal and I'm hoping to meet other DISers. We'll be there Dec 7-14.

Momof626x3
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Shhhhh! Don't ruin it. It gives us an out and gets you where you want to go... who loses here?

BTW - Naomi, what are your dates... I see our counters are almost equal and I'm hoping to meet other DISers. We'll be there Dec 7-14.

We'll be in WDW Dec. 2 - 7...but not at the Fort.:sad1: DH has a conference for work in Orlando and I'm tagging along so we get a few extra days to play.

Shan-man
09-08-2008, 03:46 PM
We'll be in WDW Dec. 2 - 7...but not at the Fort.:sad1: DH has a conference for work in Orlando and I'm tagging along so we get a few extra days to play.

Oh, oh well, I was hoping we might all get together for one of those Grand Mariner Slushies you talked about... DW has wanted one since Samantha Brown raved about it. I'll think of you as I enjoy my first one! Or maybe I'll have a sip of DW's and hold out for a foot-tall Spaten Optimater at Germany. [Who am I kidding, I'll probably have both! LOL]

Enjoy your one-on-one time!

big kahuna1
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
My TRUCK has Manvigation! :cool1:

VACAMPER
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
It's in my car with everything else.

2goofycampers
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Check Ami's purse. :lmao:

tinah159
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm at work:sad1:

BigDaddyRog
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
from the land down under
where the beer does flow
and men chunder
cant ya hear, cant ya hear the thunder
Ya better run
ya better take cover

BRDof3
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
from the land down under
where the beer does flow
and men chunder
cant ya hear, cant ya hear the thunder
Ya better run
ya better take cover

Gee, and all these years I've been singing "Where women glow and men plunder." I don't know what chundering is, maybe it's more fun than plundering. Every now and the the toilet backs up and I have to use the plunder. That's not too much fun. I'll have to try a chunder instead.

Shan-man
09-08-2008, 05:55 PM
i was buying bread from a man in Brussels. He was six foot four and full of muscles. I said, "do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemiteŽ sandwich.

Shan-man
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," but Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

Rhonda
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Vegemite Sandwich - Vegemite is a fermented yeast spread that is pretty much a national institution in Australia. Some people love it and can't start the day without a piece of toast spread with Vegemite, and some go so far as to carry a small jar of it with them when they travel overseas. Some are indifferent to it, and others can't stand it. It kind of resembles smooth black tar, and is similar in taste to the English "Marmite," but Aussies will always tell you that Vegemite is far superior.

sort of like Spam to Minnesotans! :lmao:

jrandtysmom
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Who cares where who is or why as long as, oh nevermind.....

BigDaddyRog
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
..."Where women glow and men plunder." ...

This sounded correct to me as well...so I looked up the lyrics...and were BOTH right....two different choruses in the song:
Traveling in a fried-out combie
On a hippie trail, head full of zombie
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous
She took me in and gave me breakfast
And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"
And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?

SO...what the hell does CHUNDER mean...well, ya know wikipedia is very dependable as a source of iron clad correctness....and as I kind of always figured...its Australian slang for barfing!!! Men At Work were a very deep and meaningful band, only writing about the important things in life!!!

Just looked up PLUNDER as well....thats ROBBERY...like pillage and plunder.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/vegemite.jpg

Um.....where is this thread heading???? Why?

BRDof3
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
This sounded correct to me as well...so I looked up the lyrics...and were BOTH right....two different choruses in the song:

SO...what the hell does CHUNDER mean...well, ya know wikipedia is very dependable as a source of iron clad correctness....and as I kind of always figured...its Australian slang for barfing!!! Men At Work were a very deep and meaningful band, only writing about the important things in life!!!

Just looked up PLUNDER as well....thats ROBBERY...like pillage and plunder.

Um.....where is this thread heading???? Why?

There you go, never argue lyrics with a man that plays music for a living. :3dglasses

As far as where, and why? The Shadow knows!

mirmartinez
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Chunder
kinda fun to say,
CHUnnnderrrrrr

yep, that is my new word of the week

BRDof3
09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Chunder
kinda fun to say,
CHUnnnderrrrrr

yep, that is my new word of the week

As long as it's not your acton of the week! :lmao:

BigDaddyRog
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Ya know...I just looked closely at the vegemite label....."CONCENTRATED YEAST EXTRACT"...no wonder they chunder!!!

AuburnJen92
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
it's over there....

Gatordad
09-08-2008, 10:25 PM
where?

AuburnJen92
09-08-2008, 10:28 PM
over there i said....

BRDof3
09-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Well, somebody else has to clean it up, I'm in a hurry. :cool2:

AuburnJen92
09-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Well, somebody else has to clean it up, I'm in a hurry. :cool2:

what? are you going to a fire?

des1954
09-09-2008, 06:11 AM
where?

over there i said....

Right where Donnie dropped it!:scared1:

Born 2 Fish
09-09-2008, 06:27 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/dj_bigdaddyrog/vegemite.jpg

Where,,oh where has my little dog gone ??
Pretty sure it's on that cracker.

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Where,,oh where has my little dog gone ??
Pretty sure it's on that cracker.

:cool1: :lmao: :cool1:

vick
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
over there i said....

Are you sure it isn't over yonder?

2goofycampers
09-09-2008, 11:07 AM

as the crow flies?

vick
09-09-2008, 12:02 PM
as the crow flies?

Which one?:upsidedow

PolynesianPixie
09-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong.

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM

Could be. I looked yonder, but I didn't check OVER yonder. Maybe it's on the shelf above?? :confused3

3gr8kids
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Everything has its own place and function. That applies to people, although many don't seem to realize it, stuck as they are in the wrong job, the wrong marriage, or the wrong house. When you know and respect your Inner Nature, you know where you belong. You also know where you don't belong.

Too deep for me, Grasshopper :lmao:

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM

I know where I belong, all right, but my boss has this unreasonable expectation that I keep coming to work in order to get paid. No how am I supposed to have fun in that setting?

Oops, I wandered into HOW when I was supposed to be talking WHERE. Not only that, but I have completely forgotten WHEN! :)

PolynesianPixie
09-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I know where I belong, all right, but my boss has this unreasonable expectation that I keep coming to work in order to get paid. Now how am I supposed to have fun in that setting?

Oops, I wandered into HOW when I was supposed to be talking WHERE. Not only that, but I have completely forgotten WHEN! :)

When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret: Life is Fun.

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM
When you discard arrogance, complexity, and a few other things that get in the way, sooner or later you will discover that simple, childlike, and mysterious secret: Life is Fun.

If I have to discard those then I'd have no excuse for using sarcasm and denial. My shrink would lose income and I would be completely on my own. Hmm, I seem to be defeating my own argument there, huh? Oh well, I'll just add this smiley to all my business emails. :banana:

PolynesianPixie
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
If I have to discard those then I'd have no excuse for using sarcasm and denial. My shrink would lose income and I would be completely on my own. Hmm, I seem to be defeating my own argument there, huh? Oh well, I'll just add this smiley to all my business emails. :banana:

Rock-on, little banana! :banana:

vick
09-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Could be. I looked yonder, but I didn't check OVER yonder. Maybe it's on the shelf above?? :confused3

I already checked that shelf.:3dglasses

Gatordad
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I think you are all looking in the wrong spot

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I think you are all looking in the wrong spot

Must be, because I can't find it anywhere! And I may need it for the weekend.

des1954
09-09-2008, 02:38 PM
But....

Where's the RUM???

BRDof3
09-09-2008, 02:51 PM
It's the otters, they took it!! Now we'll have to raise a ransom in beer to get it back.