PDA

View Full Version : Yikes..... here comes Ike

loveDmouse
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
The season sure is busy lately. Still hoping it will go away. Thoughts and prayers for anyone in the path.

:scared1:

3gr8kids
09-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know if they lifted the evacuation order for the keys? I thought someone had said something about a mandatory evacuation in effect for tourists on Saturday and residents on Sunday? I'm looking right now at schooner wharfs web cam and there are a few people tossin' some back having a great time. Is Ike going someplace else??

(same with hogs breath bar - some people there and looks like some traffic going by in the background)
(Duval Street looks kind of deserted, though)

loveDmouse
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
http://fla-keys.com/news/news.cfm?sid=7204

Here is a link with some more info.

I think Ike has moved slightly.

3gr8kids
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
http://fla-keys.com/news/news.cfm?sid=7204

Here is a link with some more info.

I think Ike has moved slightly.

Wow - good news!! Thanks for the link!! :)

loveDmouse
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
They have dropped the evacuation order in the Keys.

LONE-STAR
09-08-2008, 08:45 PM
But its not looking good for us:headache:

DisneyBishops
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Hang in there lone star. I just don't put much stock in those 5 day cones. Heck 5 days ago they had it going into the atlantic. so you might just be ok. Anyway if it comes your way i will be praying for you guys.

LONE-STAR
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hang in there lone star. I just don't put much stock in those 5 day cones. Heck 5 days ago they had it going into the atlantic. so you might just be ok. Anyway if it comes your way i will be praying for you guys.

I agree until 36hrs you just don't know:confused3 Here is hoping it self destructs.

BigDaddyRog
09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Michael...if it hits you guys...ya'll can haul butt to my house...we'll only get the flooding and tornados!!! Good luck buddy.....heres to hoping that we both, SOMEHOW, get through this unharmed and we get the chance to rape our homeowners insurance the way theyve been raping us for so long!!!

DisneyBishops
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
hey Rog i am more than ready to rape my ins. company. Heck all of my ins companies. I have 2 teenage drivers so I am not sure which company rapes me the most.

LONE-STAR
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Michael...if it hits you guys...ya'll can haul butt to my house...we'll only get the flooding and tornados!!! Good luck buddy.....heres to hoping that we both, SOMEHOW, get through this unharmed and we get the chance to rape our homeowners insurance the way theyve been raping us for so long!!!

Yeah I hope the storm goes straight to Mexico. That way we are both good. But I am thinking this may be our turn we have been lucky for a long time. Rog did you come out ok after the last storm??(besides the milk and the water:rotfl2: sorry did not mean to laugh)

BigDaddyRog
09-08-2008, 10:51 PM
hey Rog i am more than ready to rape my ins. company. Heck all of my ins companies. I have 2 teenage drivers so I am not sure which company rapes me the most.

Yeah, Ive got 2 teen drivers too!!! Id say pass the vaseline, but theyd never use it...they've got that special INSURANCE LUBE....sand and superglue!!

Yeah I hope the storm goes straight to Mexico. That way we are both good. But I am thinking this may be our turn we have been lucky for a long time. Rog did you come out ok after the last storm??(besides the milk and the water:rotfl2: sorry did not mean to laugh)
LOL...yeah...we were fine.....house was fine...golf cart was fine....but evacuating aint cheap!!! But I guess it beats drowning or having a tree fall onto your head!!:scared:

loveDmouse
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM

I agree. Things can change so quickly.

Sometimes I think the weather people are just guessing. It is the only job where you can seem to be wrong most of the time and you still get to keep your job. :lmao:

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you who end up having to deal with Ike. Take care. Be safe!

loveDmouse
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
LOL...yeah...we were fine.....house was fine...golf cart was fine....but evacuating aint cheap!!! But I guess it beats drowning or having a tree fall onto your head!!:scared:

Glad you guys made out ok.

Yes, leaving is better then drowning or having a tree fall on your head. That could be painful.
:rotfl:

Better to be safe then sorry but it does stink to have to end up with extra costs that you didn't plan on. Things are expensive enough these days.

LONE-STAR
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
LOL...yeah...we were fine.....house was fine...golf cart was fine....but evacuating aint cheap!!! But I guess it beats drowning or having a tree fall onto your head!!:scared:[/QUOTE]

Glad it all went well Rog.
Well its not looking good we have no plans for evac. but they say the storm is coming our way.:woohoo: :eek: :mad: :sick:

DisneyBishops
09-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Prayers are with you guys in Texas. Ike is moving slowly so maybe he will just go to Mexico. Here in Florida we are just going to get a little wind and some rain. Like we need rain. But you gotta take it when you get it. Hope none of you in Texas are on the coast if you are inland maybe it won't be so bad.

AuburnJen92
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Here's hoping Ike will fizzle and go away.

loveDmouse
09-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Here's hoping Ike will fizzle and go away.

I second that thought! Get lost Ike!

LONE-STAR
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for yall's thoughts but it looks liked we are DOOMED!!!!:scared1:

3gr8kids
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
We'll be hoping for nothing more than a soft rain and a balmy breeze for you all - be careful and take care!!!!

LONE-STAR
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Putting the board's up tomorrow :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Please be safe and keep us posted!

Us3
09-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Putting the board's up tomorrow :thumbsup2

Michael, my thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I heard this morning that there are madatory evacutions starting to happen. Might be a good time to head north on 45!! (although I can't imagine what the traffic is going to be like). Stay safe and please let us know that you're ok!

PolynesianPixie
09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I heard the Governor say he'd rather see Texans leave in cars rather than body bags! :scared1: Get your buns to safety!!!!!

VACAMPER
09-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Good Luck! Be Safe!

Gatordad
09-11-2008, 11:55 AM
be safe

djblu883
09-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm flying out in Ike in the AM...headed to Philly...so far the airlines haven't cancelled flights out of Gulfport...keep me in your prayers that it will be a safe one!!! The winds and waves are pretty high here today!!! High tide will close US 90 in the AM as it did today!!! It's back open for low tide...just went to peek!

vick
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Everyone in Ike's path, don't take chances. Safety is the main thing. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us all posted and let us know you are ok, if there's any way to get online.

chief19spixi
09-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Everyone be safe!!

mamaloya
09-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Schools here are closed tomorrow. The base is shutting down at 1pm. I was in the ER today with my littlest because she was dehydrated. She is doing better now, no thanks to the army ER, it was my neighbor, who is a doctor, that helped her. He came over and told me to give her tylenol even though she had no fever. She perked up a little bit after that. Gotta love knowing the right people.

The commissary parking lot was packed full today. I went to the PX instead. I just needed another pack of water as the kids drank that. I still have all the other supplies from Gustav. My neighbor left and told me to go get her bread out of her freezer for us to have. She went to visit family near Baton Rouge. She said they are still cleaning up there from Gustav. My pastor near there has 2 oak trees to clean out of his yard from Gustav.

It looks like we will be on the east side of this storm. We may not be as lucky as with Gustav. I pray that the storm dies before it hits land. We really don't need this now.

You Texans stay safe now ya hear!!!

AuburnJen92
09-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Everyone please be smart, safe and keep us posted. Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers.:grouphug:

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Still alive :woohoo: They are clueless where this storm is going east then west then back again. The power in the storm has died down a little but we are still in the cone so who knows. We have the boards up and no plans to evac. I know this sounds bad but we are more worried about this storm screwing up our trip to WDW in 2 months then anything(yes I know its stupid) The keep saying mobile homes will be destroyed so that does not sound good for our toy hauler:headache: . But they also say do not evac unless the storm surge will get you and we are in the clear of that. So in 36 hrs here is hoping that all well be good. As long as I have power and cable I will keep you updated. Thanks for the concern. Maybe this will be the last storm of the season.

Born 2 Fish
09-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Mike, our prayers are with you. When that puppy blows thru hunker down and keep the faith.

DisneyBishops
09-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Mike our prayers are with you and your family. Ike has weakend some so that is good news for you guys. Make sure you have plenty of supplies as you might not have power for a few days.

Hunker down and be safe

stacktester
09-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't worry about sounding stupid. When you plan like that and enjoy something so much you can't help but feel like you want to go no matter what. Hopefully the storm will lose some strength before it get's to TX. "Hunker Down" as they say.

HappyCamper87
09-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Our thoughts are with you Mike. I hope you stay safe.

auntie
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the storms path.

Us3
09-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Pics of the waves that are already hitting the seawall in Galveston!
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Hurricane-Ike-Matt-Slocum-Galveston2C-Texas/ss/events/us/091208hurricaneike/s:/ap/20080912/ap_on_re_us/ike/im:/080912/480/3bdb63453e8f40b6a3b35373ce893cf7/;_ylt=AvgZUo1ZYAJu.R.UrRa4MNFH2ocA#photoViewer=/080912/480/cc141153f0bc40919ceea2b06192f136

chief19spixi
09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I hope everyone stays safe!!

mamaloya
09-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Anyone here from Rog? I just heard from another friend in Mandeville that they are getting some flooding, waist high in areas. Not sure how far away from the lake and rivers that Rog is.

I am praying for you Rog.

We just had the tornado sirens go off. We all ran into the bathrom plus the 2 dogs. That was a rough 5 minutes I have ta say. We are sleeping downstairs tonight, but NOT on the massachistic sofa bed. I got out the air mattresses.

We are about to play our new Indiana Jones monopoly to help the time go by faster.

Praying for ya'll in Texas as well.

My little one just started passing out flashlights to all of us. She is too cute.

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Well we are getting winds now not sure how long we will have power. If we loose power who knows when I will be back on the Dis. But as long as we are alive I will be back. Not so worried about the trip, TT, and golf cart now just still want a roof on my house tomorrow. Do tile roofs do well in a hurricane??

vick
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, I hope your tile roof does! Stay safe and keep us updated as often as you can.

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Well, I hope your tile roof does! Stay safe and keep us updated as often as you can.

Thanks and will do :thumbsup2

AuburnJen92
09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Well we are getting winds now not sure how long we will have power. If we loose power who knows when I will be back on the Dis. But as long as we are alive I will be back. Not so worried about the trip, TT, and golf cart now just still want a roof on my house tomorrow. Do tile roofs do well in a hurricane??

tile does better than most, how old is your tile?

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
tile does better than most, how old is your tile?

29 years

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 10:03 PM
They just said if you lose power it will be 2 weeks before you get power back. This could be my last time to type here for a while. We will lose power.

AuburnJen92
09-12-2008, 10:24 PM
29 years

Just keep a watch (what you can watch of it) on it for loose ones. Usually tile holds up real well, unless most of the roof is loose, then they all become flying missiles. Since you take care of your house, I don't think you will have a problem.

vick
09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
I hope you stay safe Lone Star. We'll be praying for you and your family.

VACAMPER
09-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Hang in there lone star

mamaloya
09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Lone Star, hope it is not as bad as they are making it to be. Hang tight and stay safe. I am praying for you.

Gatordad
09-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Be safe lonestar.

LONE-STAR
09-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Still have power :woohoo: 50 mph winds now and for the next 12 hrs with 90mph gusts. So here is hoping for the best. I have the company backhoe here (because my house is further from the gulf then the shop) so I am ready for clean up.

PolynesianPixie
09-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow. Please stay safe! If you loose power is there anyone you can get in touch with so we know you're ok?

LONE-STAR
09-13-2008, 12:19 AM
I never tried posting from my cell phone but its a palm centro so I thank I can post a ok from it.

mamaloya
09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a palm centro and yes you can post from it. You can even set the dis mode to mobile so it is easier to view on the small screen.

the5coops
09-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I am in the Dallas area and they just reported 425,000 are without power. Our area is suppose to receive 40 mph sustained winds. My Dad is a Ham operator they have been working all day to help with communications if needed.

Shelley

chief19spixi
09-13-2008, 01:51 AM
I hope everyone is okay!! Keep us posted!!

the5coops
09-13-2008, 01:56 AM
The eye wall just hit Galveston. Dallas news has people standing outside with no wind in the eye. The storm surge is 12 feet right now at the Galveston pier. Several fires also.

Shelley

terri01p
09-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Lone-Star stay safe buddy! Godspeed ! :hug:

des1954
09-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh gosh. What a mess this is going to be!! Our local power companies are already geared to send convoys of workers to Texas to help get power restored. I remember in 2004 when we saw multitudes of power workers from other states here in Florida to help restore the power. Wow! Were we ever thankful! Most restaurants fed these men and women for free. I know these people will be making lots of $$$ in overtime, but so what?? They go of their own accord and are not forced to leave their homes to help others. We are a great nation!!! God bless them!!!

Lone-Star....please keep us posted when you are able to. You are in my prayers, buddy!

BRDof3
09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Same here, Lone-Star. I was checking to see if you had posted this morning. Just let us know you're OK, when you can.

Hope we hear from BDR pretty soon, too.

lisa8200
09-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Stay safe everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...LEt us know how your doing when you can.

mamaloya
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I just woke up and it is blowing pretty hard here. I checke the on post advisories and then came here to see if Lone Star has checked in. We lost power for only a few minutes last night, but we are on the extreme periphery. Lone Star, I hope you have lots of ice. Hang in there, Debbie is sending help.

BRDof3
09-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I just woke up and it is blowing pretty hard here. I checke the on post advisories and then came here to see if Lone Star has checked in. We lost power for only a few minutes last night, but we are on the extreme periphery. Lone Star, I hope you have lots of ice. Hang in there, Des is sending help.

I wondered if we should start worrying about you yet, Mama. Glad to hear it's OK so far.

It goes for all of you in the path, let us know if we can do anything to help.

mamaloya
09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
This is how I was kept updated all night.

http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/Emergency/index.html

Right now some of post must be w/o power. I will try to find out where so that people can come and stay with me until we get power back. I am amazed that we still have power.

2goofycampers
09-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers to all in Ike's path.

the5coops
09-13-2008, 10:45 AM
At 2:30 am last night the electric company said they had 1.3 million without power and the back side of the storm was still offshore. They said they only have 2 million customers. This is in the Houston area.

We woke up to rain and a little wind this morning. Southwest and American have canceled flights. The main part of the storm should go east of the Metroplex. We should get rain and wind.

It's hard to believe we are this far inland and we are still expected to get tropical force sustained winds.

We lose electricity at even with a little wind. We should have bought that generator for the camper like we were thinking about!

AuburnJen92
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks coops for checking in. Still patiently waiting to hear from LoneStar.

the5coops
09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I hope he is okay too. I am not sure where he lived but I thought it was the Katy area near Houston.

We just lost electricity for a few minutes. Not unusual when we get wind. I am turning off my computer now because I am sure it will be going on and off.

Shelley

des1954
09-13-2008, 12:35 PM
At 2:30 am last night the electric company said they had 1.3 million without power and the back side of the storm was still offshore. They said they only have 2 million customers. This is in the Houston area.

We woke up to rain and a little wind this morning. Southwest and American have canceled flights. The main part of the storm should go east of the Metroplex. We should get rain and wind.

It's hard to believe we are this far inland and we are still expected to get tropical force sustained winds.

We lose electricity at even with a little wind. We should have bought that generator for the camper like we were thinking about!

In 2004, sustained winds from hurricane Charley were 100+ at my house & I am literally in the dead center of Florida (North-South, East-West). I was amazed the winds kept their strength this far inland and so far north of the point of landfall.:eek:

BigDaddyRog
09-13-2008, 03:05 PM
We are fine....lots of wind, some flooding in alot of areas, but not me in particular....I drove to and from work and didnt have to cross any flooded streets at all. Im kinda diggin this wind, its cool.

Lonestar may be having a rough go of things right now....Michael, be sure to check in as soon as ya can buddy, and I hope you and your family havent suffered any damage. Good Luck

mamaloya
09-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Rog, glad you are fine.

Waiting to hear from Lone Star

DisneyBishops
09-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Rog glad you and mama are ok. Hope Lonestar and his family are ok. I am sure he is out of power by now. These dang canes always have to come when it is hot. Heck if they came in the winter it would be like camping. At least it would as long as everyone is ok.

But most of us who live in coastal areas have been through a few of them. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I really feel for all you guys! Be safe!

PrincessNana
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
I checked with my family who are scattered all over the Houston area....La Porte, The Woodlands, Livingston, Dayton, League City.... no one has power. Cell phone service has been sketchy, but we do get through every once in a while. There's been alot of damage everywhere, but the coastal areas were hit really hard. Luckily the storm surge wasn't as big as expected but it still destroyed entire neighborhoods. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if the surge had been 20 feet like predicted. One whole end of LaPorte has catastrophic flooding. This area has always been prone to flooding, but this is by far the worst ever. Lonestar probably doesn't have any power and hopefully he didn't have any major damage or flooding. It may be a couple of weeks before power is restored and he can post again.

Millermouseketeers
09-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I too hope you are okay Lone-Star. Things do not sound good in the Beaumont area.
My sister in Houston does not have power. She said this storm was really bad, worse than Alicia. My good friend totally lost her beach house in Galveston. Seeing the devastation in Galveston is so sad. We cannot locate another friend in Galveston.
The storm took an east turn so Dallas was spaired the bad winds we were to have. Lucky for us as we had a mandatory drill team fund raiser all day that they refused to cancel. At times the girls were soaked!
I hope all in the path of this massive storm are okay. It is weird when Dallas is under tropical storm warning! It is sad in Texas right now.

the5coops
09-13-2008, 11:16 PM
We are back home. Our side of town the electricity goes on and off even with a little wind and we have to turn the a/c off to avoid blowing (something?). We went to my parents on the other side of town.

We are East of Dallas in Rockwall County. We had some rain and wind.
A Dallas TV Station has been airing a Houston station all day on one of the high definition channels. It is very sad to see places you go gone.

Mary Anne, I am glad your sister is okay. I hope Lone Star is okay too.

Shelley

the5coops
09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
In 2004, sustained winds from hurricane Charley were 100+ at my house & I am literally in the dead center of Florida (North-South, East-West). I was amazed the winds kept their strength this far inland and so far north of the point of landfall.:eek:

I am amazed that they can keep their winds too. I just watched the weather on the news and it is entering Arkansas and is still called a tropical storm.

des1954
09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Has anyone heard from Lone Star??? I'm getting a little concerned, now.

Millermouseketeers
09-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Shelley, I am glad you are okay and power is back. I do not know how much the rest of the country is seeing but our local news here is covering Galveston and other affected areas alot. It is devastating. My prayers to all, especially those in Galveston and Beaumont/Port Arthur. I am sure Lone-Star does not have power. Hopefully we will hear soon. Lots of prayers to you Lone-Star.

Gatordad
09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
deb, if he's not got power, he can't communicate.

BigDaddyRog
09-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Aint tha a blip!!! The dead can communicate from the other side...but let the electricity go out, and the current communication system is completely destroyed!!!

ntsammy5
09-14-2008, 09:39 AM
Can the dead communicate during a power outage? BTW Rog, have I told you lately how much I love your clown? :rotfl:

BigDaddyRog
09-14-2008, 09:42 AM
The Mickey ears really sweeten him up, dont they!?!

LONE-STAR
09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello we are fine thanks for all your thoughts. Some trees came down so we lost power. They said 2 or 3 weeks before we get power back. The net was down yesterday but it is working today. We have the generator running right now we will run it for a few hours then turn it off a few hours then on again. The worst problem we had is a electrical fire in the wall not sure what caused it to happen when it did but when the house was built someone left a wire in the wall not connected. So we saw smoke coming out of the wall. So I ripped the sheet rock off the wall and put the fire out. Then me and my dad repaired the wires. So all that sucked and it stinks in the house. Then we had to spend hours trying to get our water well primed for some reason it took for ever. Not to mention I could not sleep during the storm so I was not happy camper yesterday. However the DW aka TxTink:) slept through the whole storm.:confused3 Now she is mad because she missed it. I probably wont be around as much for awhile but I will check in when I can. Glad to hear all made it through the storm ok.

BRDof3
09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Be careful, both of you. Glad to see you are OK. Good luck getting things back to near-normal!

2goofycampers
09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Glad you are ok, thanks for letting us know. Is the toy hauler ok?

LONE-STAR
09-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Glad you are ok, thanks for letting us know. Is the toy hauler ok?

:cool1: Yes! and so are the carts! :cool1:

the5coops
09-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello we are fine thanks for all your thoughts. Some trees came down so we lost power. They said 2 or 3 weeks before we get power back. The net was down yesterday but it is working today. We have the generator running right now we will run it for a few hours then turn it off a few hours then on again. The worst problem we had is a electrical fire in the wall not sure what caused it to happen when it did but when the house was built someone left a wire in the wall not connected. So we saw smoke coming out of the wall. So I ripped the sheet rock off the wall and put the fire out. Then me and my dad repaired the wires. So all that sucked and it stinks in the house. Then we had to spend hours trying to get our water well primed for some reason it took for ever. Not to mention I could not sleep during the storm so I was not happy camper yesterday. However the DW aka TxTink:) slept through the whole storm.:confused3 Now she is mad because she missed it. I probably wont be around as much for awhile but I will check in when I can. Glad to hear all made it through the storm ok.

I am glad you are okay. Be careful during your clean up and take it slowly!

Shelley

Us3
09-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Great news...glad tp hear all is well!:thumbsup2

Millermouseketeers
09-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Lone-Star and TxTink, glad you are both okay! Good luck with the clean up.

ntsammy5
09-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Glad to hear you guys are OK

jrandtysmom
09-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm glad everyone here is OK after Ike and hopefully everyone that was affected by this hurricane is able to return home soon.

vick
09-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm glad we have heard from all of you in Ike's path. Good to hear you are all ok.

AuburnJen92
09-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Good luck on the clean up. Trust me, I know what a pain it is to have that stinkin' generator on. 29 days was too much for me. Keep an eye on your computer equipment with the humidity. We lost a lot of our computer equipment because of the humidity. Especially watch the printer ink cartridges...for some reason they just let go in the heat and humidity. We lost a laptop and three printers in the aftermath with no power. Just keep a close eye on them.

des1954
09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
deb, if he's not got power, he can't communicate.

Uh.... thanks, Pete. I didn't know that!:rolleyes1 I thought he said something about using his cell to get on-line.

Lone-Star...glad you were able to update us and that you were able to manage your little "BBQ" in the wall without much trouble.:eek: Drywall is cheap to fix! Take care & keep us posted whenever you can.

LONE-STAR
09-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Got the genney going right now so had to say hello. In our whole neighborhood 2 houses still have power and one is next door and he owns a toy hauler. Just so happens me and my dad put the elec. service in for his trailer. So now we ran 60' of elec.wire and hooked up our 2 trailers. So now we have A/C:woohoo: . In a day or 2 we will get the cable and our router out to the trailers so I will be back online like normal. Hope everybody is doing well and I will be back as soon as I can. Not that it maters but I did not have time for this storm. I only have around 9 weeks to WDW'S FW :woohoo:

momoffive
09-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear everybody is doing OK. Hope the recovery is less than expected and you are up and running sooner than expected.
Loretta

PolynesianPixie
09-15-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm so relieved to hear that everyone is ok! I've been thinking of you!

ntsammy5
09-15-2008, 09:08 AM
We got just a small piece of this storm last night and power was knoked out to a few thousand people! I can only imagine what it must have been like in Texas. Never been through a hurricane before - typhoon yes, hurricane no. :lmao:

Just Beachy
09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Glad to hear everyone's ok. Good luck with the clean-up. Hope it's not long till you're all back to normal. :grouphug:

Us3
09-15-2008, 11:03 AM
We were watching the news last night and couldn't beleive how well put together the storm was after traveling across the country! :eek:

Lonestar, glad you guys are ok!

mamaloya
09-15-2008, 11:56 AM
So glad that you all are OK. Lonestar, enjoy this little "camping" trip. You are going to need that trip to the fort after this.

LONE-STAR
09-15-2008, 09:30 PM
:yay: POWER IS BACK ON :banana: I now love Center Point Energy:worship: .

They hooked us up about noon today and they even apologized for the wait. I feel pretty lucky considering there are still 1.5 million homes with out power. Now they are saying it may be 4 weeks for some people before they get power.:scared1:

BigDaddyRog
09-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I found this on myspace and thought its was too stupid not to post.......
(read to the tune of Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby")

Ike Ike Baby

All right stop, evacuate and listen
Ike is here with some big ambition
People, close your homes up tightly
It’s blowing like a hurricane daily and nightly
Where will it stop? Yo-I don't know
Turn off the lights and let’s go
To the coastline Ike rocks like a vandal
Start up the car and watch me drive like an animal

Dang, hardware store sales boom
Ike’s killing my plans like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly, evacuate they tell me
Anyone left will be charged with a felony
Love it or hate it, you better get away
Ike will hit the bull's eye, the storm don't play
If you’re on vacation, Yo, Ike stalled it
Check out the eye while the bands revolve it

Hurricane Ike Ike Baby, Hurricane Ike Ike Baby

Now that the people are jumpin’
With their stuff packed up and the gas done pumpin'
Quick to the road, to the road no fakin’
Pass McD’s get a burger with bacon
Burnin’ ‘em and follow the symbol
I go crazy when I hear some imbecile
Revving, in a souped up Pinto
Now I can roll, it's time to crack the window
Rollin’ in my Chevy Tahoe
With my window down, I can feel Ike blow
My laptop’s on standby, Waiting for some Wi-fi
This spot hot? No – and I gotta fly
Kept on pursuing to the next block
I busted a left and I'm beating the clock
The light was red

Yo -- so I continued to I-37 to San Antonio
Wish I was there in a blink like a jeanie
How I’d love to be sippin’ a martini
Jealous 'cause my girl’s living fine
She left yesterday and was there by nine
Ready to give my homies a call
My homies acting ill because their car just stalled
Humidity, the air is sticky as hell
Ike’s on his way, the weatherman yells
Moving toward the gulf coast real fast
I’m in my car, can’t give it no gas
Bumper to bumper the interstate’s packed
I'm trying to get away before Ike attacks
Police on the scene, what can it mean?
They hooked me up, now there’s another lane free
If you’re on vacation, Yo, Ike stalled it
Check out the eye while the bands revolve it

jrandtysmom
09-16-2008, 02:56 PM

When I got to the end I laughed because I saw your clown and I could see him doing that rhyme. :lmao: (Not that I don't like your clown - oh nevermind.)

Us3
09-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Ugh, I could just hear Mr Van Winkle singing it too! :laughing:

jrandtysmom
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
OK I wanted to cry looking at this

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

I can't even imagine going through that!

LONE-STAR
09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
(read to the tune of Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby")

To funny

OK I wanted to cry looking at this

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/09/the_short_but_eventful_life_of.html

I can't even imagine going through that!

Those are some good still shots. The news is still running 24 hrs on the storm.

loveDmouse
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Glad everyone here is ok!