PDA

View Full Version : Official College Football Chat Thread

Pages : [1] 2

g8trmom1
09-06-2008, 02:01 PM
they take on the Miami Canes tonite....:cheer2: :cheer2:

ntsammy5
09-06-2008, 02:09 PM
22 1/2 points???????? That's not a game it's a massacre waiting to happen!

Gatordad
09-06-2008, 02:15 PM
it'll be less than that at game time. Miami brought their entire team, even the ones on work release.

g8trmom1
09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
How about ECU v West Virginia? Our cousin's Alma Mater, and he's all fired up about their win against Virginia Tech....

ntsammy5
09-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, what happened to the Hokies?

The Mountaineers are ranked nationally #8 or 9 - ECU will have a long day!

We go throuugh Morgantown quite a bit - their football stadium is awesome - gotta go for a game sometime - the 'Cuse is about the only place I see college football these days. They're not the power house they've been in past years!.

University at Buffalo is playing Pitt today - UB handled UTEP pretty easily last week - here's hoping!

Colson39
09-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Why I don't think the Canes will win tonight, at least we beat the Gators the last 5 times ;)

So it looks like the Gators will get their first victory over Miami since 1985 (to be fair, only 5 games have been played since the Gators got scared and stopped playing Miami every year, but Miami did win all 5). Congrats...lol

Personally, I would prefer that both teams were more evenly matched, this was (is) a huge rivalry, and nothing cheapens a rivalry more than a blowout.

HOWEVER

If they do win, oh the hilarity that will ensue!

AuburnJen92
09-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Auburn beat Southern Miss 27 to 13 today in a wonderful show of fumbling and defensive pride. I hope to have some improvement in the fumbling department. I plan to take out the big blow up mickey screen in the back yard to watch the reptiles beat up on the windbags this evening with my bug spray (what is left over from last weekend at the fort) and my 60 wings that I just ordered from the local wing establishment. Neighbors are coming over and hopefully I will have Pete and Chris on the text with the cell phones. Oh lovely day...oh, forgot about getting that blasted ice machine out of the rv, gotta do that first...ok...
1) go get wings, 2) get ice machine out of rv (might take a while) 3) watch game and text chris and pete...

ok, i'm set

ntsammy5
09-06-2008, 04:50 PM
1) go get wings, 2) get ice machine out of rv (might take a while) 3) watch game and text chris and pete...

ok, i'm set

I don't see any alcohol involved here! :confused3

Try this with wings, get a bunch marinade in Italian dressing a lot and grill em. Dip in blue cheese dressing & use hot sauce - Franks preferably. I like this better than regular wings, and I love those.

AuburnJen92
09-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't see any alcohol involved here! :confused3

Try this with wings, get a bunch marinade in Italian dressing a lot and grill em. Dip in blue cheese dressing & use hot sauce - Franks preferably. I like this better than regular wings, and I love those.

Um, that was what the store making them was for....ah, the smell of wings in the house...

I profusely apologize...the beer was already here....

Isi
09-06-2008, 05:46 PM
C A N E S #1

g8trmom1
09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
How 'bout 'dem Gators!!!:goodvibes

clkelley
09-07-2008, 10:06 AM
We can all cheer, all our favorite SEC teams won this week :-)

It's funny how your friends can affect you. I used to DESPISE the Gators, mainly because a boss that I HATED was a Gator fan. Well she's long gone from my company and now I have some good friends who are Gator fans, so unless they're playing Auburn, the Gators are fine :yay:

Gatordad
09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
i should hate auburn 'cause they have our number. I guess I can hate them but like their fans. I'm just glad they beat Miami, and that marve troublemaker.

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 12:01 PM
i should hate auburn 'cause they have our number. I guess I can hate them but like their fans. I'm just glad they beat Miami, and that marve troublemaker.

HEY! I rooted for Florida last night! I can't help it if the reptiles have a problem beating the tigers. I do however remember growing up being beaten into the ground by reptiles and pachyderms quite often, thus becoming the norm for quite a while. This makes the Auburn Family quite humble in our winning days. If we don't win, we sure do win the party!:thumbsup2

I enjoyed watching the reptiles beat the mess out of the windbags last night! It was fun exchanging all the texts back and forth. We must do that again!

BRDof3
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey, 2-0. At least the new coach wins 2 games this year! After the nightmares we have had at AD and coach the past 4 years, ANYTHING is an improvement!! :cool1:

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey, Nebraska is 2-0. At least the new coach wins 2 games this year! After the nightmares we have had at AD and coach the past 4 years, ANYTHING is an improvement!! :cool1:

Yeah, I agree, you guys have had it really rough lately...at least things are looking up for you now...:thumbsup2

PolynesianPixie
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, what happened to the Hokies?

Blacksburg is a very somber place these days.......

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 03:37 PM
How 'bout 'dem Gators!!!:goodvibes

Chris, you didn't text me back like Pete did....sniff sniff...

g8trmom1
09-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I didn't get any...I had my phone on!!

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I didn't get any...I had my phone on!!

Shucks, I did text you and Pete at the same time for a while and then gave up and just gave texts to Pete. I didn't forget you!

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Blacksburg is a very somber place these days.......

maybe you can get around town better now???:rotfl:

Gatordad
09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
she's not much into virtual texting.

vick
09-07-2008, 04:53 PM
We need more Bama fans on here. They won again yesterday, at least on the scoreboard, but they sure looked crappy.

Congrats to all the Gator fans. It's hard to say, but congrats to Auburn fans too.

PanFanAL
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
I'll give you a Roll Tide! We did play sloppy, but so did several other teams. We are gonna have decent season.

77ed
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Just wanted to say congratulations to the gator family. You guys play one hell of a game we just came up short. You deserve it. Just for you Pete :goodvibes :thumbsup2 P.S. GO CANES

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll give you a Roll Tide! We did play sloppy, but so did several other teams. We are gonna have decent season.

You played TULANE! Come on! :confused:

lucy_love
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Go gators!

I was in the student section last night (10 yard line, 10th row!) and a fight literally broke out between my friend and I :headache:

Her ankle is very swollen and she can't walk so she is going to get an x-ray done tomorrow and I just have some bruises and knots- nothing major. The sad part is, it was between to UF students! It was so over-crowded in the student section that people were getting so pissed about it and they decided to "bulldoze" over 2 rows which resulted in a ton of girls being knocked over so naturally all the guys attacked the "bulldozer"

it was so scary! Because we were injured, we left at half time :headache: :sad2: :eek:

AuburnJen92
09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Go gators!

I was in the student section last night (10 yard line, 10th row!) and a fight literally broke out between my friend and I :headache:

Her ankle is very swollen and she can't walk so she is going to get an x-ray done tomorrow and I just have some bruises and knots- nothing major. The sad part is, it was between to UF students! It was so over-crowded in the student section that people were getting so pissed about it and they decided to "bulldoze" over 2 rows which resulted in a ton of girls being knocked over so naturally all the guys attacked the "bulldozer"

it was so scary! Because we were injured, we left at half time :headache: :sad2: :eek:

I had to read that twice. I thought you were the one that caused the injury and I just kept saying, not her, not her??? ;) I shall not read posts after 10pm any longer....

g8trmom1
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Go gators!

Oh that stinks!!
I can only imagine how that place is like....Pete has told me tho.
He wants to take Lil Pete to a game this year.
Hope you guys feel better!!

mamaloya
09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
I have 2 words....

Geaux Tigers!!!!! :goodvibes :rolleyes1

testtubes
09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
This family from Louisiana, of course, are big LSU fans. We had to skip the first game when it was moved up to a morning game to accommodate a certain hurricane evacuation then a postponement of the second game due to damage in Tiger stadium. As you know, this next game is in jeopardy due to Hurricane Ike. To us it doesn't even seem as if the football season is even started, and we have no clue how good or bad our Tigers are! I guess we'll actually need jackets by the time we make our first home game.

lucy_love
09-08-2008, 10:11 AM
I had to read that twice. I thought you were the one that caused the injury and I just kept saying, not her, not her??? ;) I shall not read posts after 10pm any longer....

:rotfl: seeing my fight would be very funny. I am the kind that will crawl up into a ball and take the beating :confused3

Oh that stinks!!
I can only imagine how that place is like....Pete has told me tho.
He wants to take Lil Pete to a game this year.
Hope you guys feel better!!

Thanks!! Growing up I sat in the alumni section with my parents... I have a new appreciation for those seats now! :rotfl: The student section at the Hawaii game was fine, but I guess for big games (ie Miami) it gets a little nuts! I hope you can make it to a game, it's unreal! :banana:

Married2Mickey
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
How about ECU v West Virginia? Our cousin's Alma Mater, and he's all fired up about their win against Virginia Tech....

This was a great game! Of course, now that there has been a day to soak in the win, the newspaper headlines around here are more interested in the antics of security...go figure :confused3

ntsammy5
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
The Mountaineers are ranked nationally #8 or 9 - ECU will have a long day!

I pledge to make no more college predictions this year. it always comes back to bite me in the .........

PanFanAL
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
You played TULANE! Come on! :confused:

Hey you guys played Southern Miss and didn't look much better. Nor did you look too great against ULM. Not that you won't be good once you get your offense clicking, but we didn't look to shabby against Clemson now did we?

AuburnJen92
09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey you guys played Southern Miss and didn't look much better. Nor did you look too great against ULM. Not that you won't be good once you get your offense clicking, but we didn't look to shabby against Clemson now did we?

No, you looked quite well against Clemmons. Hence the reason I made my previous statement. Maybe y'all were coming off the high of pushing around the purple people eaters. If y'all played as well against Tulane as you did against Clemmons, you would be in front of us in the polls right now, that's all I'm saying. Southern Miss is traditionally a sleeper team, like USF, UCF that will sneak up and bite you, unlike Tulane. If you are going strictly by score, then you didn't really watch the game. I watched/listened to both games, as I always do. I grew up in Florida, I am more unbiased than most Auburn folk. I grew up hating Florida. (Although being around Pete has softened me a bit)

Gatordad
09-08-2008, 10:54 PM
i hate pete too.

PanFanAL
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
No, you looked quite well against Clemmons. Hence the reason I made my previous statement. Maybe y'all were coming off the high of pushing around the purple people eaters. If y'all played as well against Tulane as you did against Clemmons, you would be in front of us in the polls right now, that's all I'm saying. Southern Miss is traditionally a sleeper team, like USF, UCF that will sneak up and bite you, unlike Tulane. If you are going strictly by score, then you didn't really watch the game. I watched/listened to both games, as I always do. I grew up in Florida, I am more unbiased than most Auburn folk. I grew up hating Florida. (Although being around Pete has softened me a bit)

I know I am just messing with you. I think you diagnosed Bama correctly. They rode that high of beating Clemson all week then came in to the Tulane game completely flat. I think we will end up with a good year. Auburn will too. They just haven't quite got the rhythm figured out on that new no huddle spread offense. A few more weeks and they will have it all together. I did watch part of the Auburn game BTW. And Southern Miss has the same issue right now. They have a brand new coach and a brand new offense as well. If their wide receivers could catch it could have been scary for Auburn. And trust me I know all about the Eagles. They have snuck up on Bama a few times. But Tulane is better than they have been also. Bob Toledo coached at UCLA before he got the Tulane gig so he knows how to coach. But anyway I should quit making excuses we just played flat.

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow there have already been two huge running plays in Purdue - Oregon game - 1st score at :15 into the game - Oregon 0 - Purdue 7.

:cool1:

ECU is ranked now! Thanks guys for getting me interested in the college game again -- now it's 3-7.

I'm gonna watch the Auburn game tonight. It'd better be good Jen.

Buffalo beat Temple 30-28 today - gotta start going to those games. I forgot to mention, Buffalo won on a last minute Hail Mary play! :cool1:

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/owen/council.gif

AuburnJen92
09-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow there have already been two huge running plays in Purdue - Oregon game - 1st score at :15 into the game - Oregon 0 - Purdue 7.

:cool1:

ECU is ranked now! Thanks guys for getting me interested in the college game again -- now it's 3-7.

I'm gonna watch the Auburn game tonight. It'd better be good Jen.

Buffalo beat Temple 30-28 today - gotta start going to those games. I forgot to mention, Buffalo won on a last minute Hail Mary play! :cool1:

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/owen/council.gif

I saw that Buffalo play....

We are getting ready for the game, Chris and CJ are outside putting up the screen so we can watch it in 14ft glory....
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1899/img0438va2.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6526/img0439kc5.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8097/img0440tu5.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8097/img0440

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
We are getting ready for the game, Chris and CJ are outside putting up the screen so we can watch it in 14ft glory....

I'm getting ready by drinking some Molson! Wish I was closer so I could drop in! :lmao:

AuburnJen92
09-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm getting ready by drinking some Molson! Wish I was closer so I could drop in! :lmao:

Chris realized he only had three beers left; he made a mad rush to the grocery store.:scared1:

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Chris realized he only had three beers left

OMG

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/lightingzapA.gif

ntsammy5
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
FINALLY --- someone scored

Well, over to Ohio State -USC

VACAMPER
09-13-2008, 08:41 PM
i love that screen Jen. Have a good time!

brekin67
09-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Go Sooners!:cheer2:

AuburnJen92
09-13-2008, 10:23 PM
i love that screen Jen. Have a good time!

Thanks Amanda! I enjoyed the baseball score, 3-2, wait, when Auburn plays Miss State, the score is higher!:lmao:

Anyway, a win is a win, and this was a defensive win, and an offensive nightmare. And I am driving 626 miles one way to see us play LSU next week? I need my head examined!

Well, one thing has come of this, the RV is staying home. Old Bessy is in need of repair and like all rv repairs, they don't get done in a hurry. It will be like old times before her! Thank goodness I have a friend in Opelika and a sister in Montgomery. Here I come girls to crash at your houses!:angel:

DaddyDon
09-14-2008, 05:51 AM
How bout them Dawgs!!!!!! Just squeaked by SC gamecocks...Steve S allways has had Ga number but we won this one ! Go Dawgs.....

ntsammy5
09-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Jen,

If Auburn's offense doesn't get it together it could be a long season - lots of miscues. As Pete would say:

SEC = DEFENSE

BRDof3
09-14-2008, 08:37 AM
What did the Gators do yesterday? Don't get much SEC news around here.

Nebraska is 3-0! The thunder is gathering, and the sky is waiting to fall. If we beat an actual challenging team, I'm staying inside for the rest of the day! ;)

BRDof3
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
OMG

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/lightingzapA.gif

Love the smiley, Al! Where did you find that? I don't remember seeing it on our smiley page. :confused3

ntsammy5
09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Bye week for the Gators

Here's the smilies. It's in here somewhere

http://www.mysmilies.com/smileys/Genres/Angry

PanFanAL
09-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Jen! I hear a lot of Aubies are not real happy with the new Franklin offense. What are all your friends saying. I know what I have seen was not that great. The play calling especially in the red zone was too pass happy. On first and goal from the four, most SEC teams wouldn't throw three times. I haven't watch all of their games so I was just curious what you guys thought.BTW good luck with LSwho this week.

AuburnJen92
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Jen,

If Auburn's offense doesn't get it together it could be a long season - lots of miscues. As Pete would say:

SEC = DEFENSE
Yes, the SEC equals defense, but I would enjoy the peoples in Auburn to get the offensive playbook out and actually use it. Tubbs was quoted today as saying to the effect that he hasn't really used the playbook yet. Well, pull it out man! LSU is coming to town and like playing GA, it doesn't always bode well to be the home team in this series. I might just stay my fat butt home this weekend and sent the DH, neighbor, and my father up there. Geesh!

AuburnJen92
09-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey Jen! I hear a lot of Aubies are not real happy with the new Franklin offense. What are all your friends saying. I know what I have seen was not that great. The play calling especially in the red zone was too pass happy. On first and goal from the four, most SEC teams wouldn't throw three times. I haven't watch all of their games so I was just curious what you guys thought.BTW good luck with LSwho this week.

This is the same old new thing...third and thirteen and when we had Pat Dye we would line up under center and run it up the middle. Now we just line up in shotgun formation and run it up the middle. AHHH!
(sorry, I had to let out a scream)

I would also appreciate much more in the BLOCKING department on the offensive line. Yes, they give the QB time, but when it comes to letting someone run, they seem to forget their blocking assignments. Now, I know that MSU has a reputation of having 300+ defensive lineman, however, they didn't get to the QB that much and if they can keep them off the QB, they can create holes for the running game. I might be a girl, but I did play football many a year and my specialty was the line. They weren't the only ones that were not doing their job. I certainly hope that Tubbs has that kicker running stadium steps today. Three and four turnovers a game and winning is not going to continue much longer, not with LSU, TENN and the like coming up in the schedule. The ball is just being dropped too much for being the second game into the season. I am glad Brad Lester only has a sprained neck. That was very scary to watch on TV. It was just as horrible to watch Charlie Weiss's knee go to pieces. Oww.

AuburnJen92
09-14-2008, 10:01 PM
How bout them Dawgs!!!!!! Just squeaked by SC gamecocks...Steve S allways has had Ga number but we won this one ! Go Dawgs.....

Unfortunately, I think Mr. Spurrier is going to have more people's number as the years go by. That was a great game to watch.

DaddyDon
09-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately, I think Mr. Spurrier is going to have more people's number as the years go by. That was a great game to watch.

Yea Give Steve some time he will turn around SC...I dont like the man:scared1: but you got to respect his college coaching!!!:worship: :worship:

AuburnJen92
09-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Yea Give Steve some time he will turn around SC...I dont like the man:scared1: but you got to respect his college coaching!!!:worship: :worship:

I am not fond of him personally. (I have seen him at the Gator things I have been dragged to in previous years) However, he is good at what he does, very good.

Gatordad
09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
3-2, who got the save?

PolynesianPixie
09-15-2008, 08:28 AM
What did the Gators do yesterday? Don't get much SEC news around here.

Nebraska is 3-0! The thunder is gathering, and the sky is waiting to fall. If we beat an actual challenging team, I'm staying inside for the rest of the day! ;)

Before the season started, Scott was so excited about the Nebraska game. He expected both teams to be undefeated at that time.:sad2: Well, the Hokies DID beat Furman.:rolleyes1

He'll go.....proudly donning his Hokie spirit.......I hope he makes it back home.....

BRDof3
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Before the season started, Scott was so excited about the Nebraska game. He expected both teams to be undefeated at that time.:sad2: Well, the Hokies DID beat Furman.:rolleyes1

He'll go.....proudly donning his Hokie spirit.......I hope he makes it back home.....

I have to drive west of Lincoln the Monday after the game. I'll be sure to watch the side of the road for him coming home. I'll just look for the ragged pieces of VT colors as a flag. Do you want me to mail him back home regular delivery, or FedEx? :banana:

PolynesianPixie
09-15-2008, 08:54 AM
I have to drive west of Lincoln the Monday after the game. I'll be sure to watch the side of the road for him coming home. I'll just look for the ragged pieces of VT colors as a flag. Do you want me to mail him back home regular delivery, or FedEx? :banana:

:lmao: Oh thank goodness I have you to look out for him! He's a great guy...I'll splurge for the Fed Ex....WAIT! I mean....VT's gonna whip Nebraska! Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

ntsammy5
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
3-2, who got the save?

That's exactly what I was thinking! :lmao:

PanFanAL
09-15-2008, 10:30 AM
This is the same old new thing...third and thirteen and when we had Pat Dye we would line up under center and run it up the middle. Now we just line up in shotgun formation and run it up the middle. AHHH!
(sorry, I had to let out a scream)

I would also appreciate much more in the BLOCKING department on the offensive line. Yes, they give the QB time, but when it comes to letting someone run, they seem to forget their blocking assignments. Now, I know that MSU has a reputation of having 300+ defensive lineman, however, they didn't get to the QB that much and if they can keep them off the QB, they can create holes for the running game. I might be a girl, but I did play football many a year and my specialty was the line. They weren't the only ones that were not doing their job. I certainly hope that Tubbs has that kicker running stadium steps today. Three and four turnovers a game and winning is not going to continue much longer, not with LSU, TENN and the like coming up in the schedule. The ball is just being dropped too much for being the second game into the season. I am glad Brad Lester only has a sprained neck. That was very scary to watch on TV. It was just as horrible to watch Charlie Weiss's knee go to pieces. Oww.

Part of that blocking is how they are taught. Alabama had the same thing when Shula was there. They completely changed the way the lineman block so it is more suited for pass blocking but then running doesn't work well. I know you remember the game where you guys sacked Brodie Croyle like 13 times. Well some of that was because of the "bucket step" blocking they were taught to do. Now Auburn, under Franklin's guidance is using the same technique. And it is gonna have similar results. I told a lot of my friends before the season ever started that Auburn would either be an awesome offensive team or a bust. And right now it is looking like a bust. Ans even though I am a bama fan, I hate to see it. Because I still enjoy watching them take out some of the other SEC teams. I personally hope they do get it together.

testtubes
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Finally, a big game for LSU! We went to Auburn two years ago but were unable to get tickets this year. We will be watching on t v Saturday night (if I can stand it) Hope the best team wins!!

AuburnJen92
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking! :lmao:

You know, when Auburn and MSU play baseball, the score is higher on both sides!:lmao:

AuburnJen92
09-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Finally, a big game for LSU! We went to Auburn two years ago but were unable to get tickets this year. We will be watching on t v Saturday night (if I can stand it) Hope the best team wins!!

you should have paid attention to my posts, i had extra tix

testtubes
09-18-2008, 09:22 AM
You're right, AuburnJen, that I didn't take the time to read all that was written. Next time I will know better. We probably could have gotten tickets but did not want to go through the trouble. We were fighting with two hurricanes at the time and were not in the mood for football!! With that said, our troubles were minimal (thank God), and we are looking forward to Saturday's game. We have LSU season tickets and haven't made a game yet which is very unusual for us.It is nice that things are getting back to normal around here.

AuburnJen92
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Wish you the best this weekend, but not enough for you to beat us!;)

We definitely have our work cut out for us. I am glad you faired well in the hurricanes.

ntsammy5
09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Just got back from several parties and I had too much to drink. Never had a chocolate martini before and they're OK. Buffalo only liost 42-21 to Missouri and Auburn is up over LSU. Ecu lost too.

Jen you've turned me into a Auburn fan! Gotta sober up for tomorrows Bills game.

DAMN. LSU'slooking good right now

Millermouseketeers
09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
It looks like my Longhorns will beat Rice! 38-10 Longhorns, 4th qtr!

homebrew2
09-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Just got back from several parties and I had too much to drink. Never had a chocolate martini before and they're OK. Buffalo only liost 42-21 to Missouri and Auburn is up over LSU. Ecu lost too.

Thanks for posting the Mizzou score Al...saved my fingers a trip. Were you
expecting it to be worse?

GO MIZZOU:cool1: :yay: :rolleyes1

ntsammy5
09-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for posting the Mizzou score Al...saved my fingers a trip. Were you
expecting it to be worse?

GO MIZZOU:cool1: :yay: :rolleyes1

Hell yes! Mizzou was favored by over 34........

Auburn is looking really good agaon!

ntsammy5
09-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Crap. Now LSU is looking good. Good game

This Harp is really good

ntsammy5
09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Creole and Seafood Shack

Man Auburn's defense is falling down on the job

PanFanAL
09-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Roll Tide!!!!

ntsammy5
09-20-2008, 10:24 PM
What a great game!

BTW I'm an Alabama fan too - it'll be a hard game to watch in November!

Auburn scored again!

vick
09-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Roll Tide!!

Congratulations to the Gators also. All the games today, except 1, went the way I wanted. I was really pulling for Auburn. Gotta say, they played LSU better than I thought they would. That was a tough loss, but the Auburn fans should be proud of the way the team played today.

mamaloya
09-20-2008, 11:46 PM
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Gatordad
09-21-2008, 12:46 AM
http://gymnasticsnstuff.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/gator-logo.jpg

PanFanAL
09-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Roll Tide!!

Congratulations to the Gators also. All the games today, except 1, went the way I wanted. I was really pulling for Auburn. Gotta say, they played LSU better than I thought they would. That was a tough loss, but the Auburn fans should be proud of the way the team played today.

I agree. If they had a better QB, they would be nearly unbeatable. Todd just doesn't have the arm strength for the big throws. But their defense is unbelievable.

DaddyDon
09-21-2008, 11:36 AM
How About them DAWGS

bama_ed
09-21-2008, 12:22 PM
What a Saturday to be an Alabama fan :cheer2:

Bama wins (big)!

Tennessee loses (big)!

Notre Dames loses (again)!

Auburn loses (won't be the only time this year)!

I'll have to recover this afternoon! :sick:

Bama ED

1goofy1
09-21-2008, 12:43 PM
How about those Canes? Those Miami Hurricanes!!! 41 - 23

BRDof3
09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
How about those Canes? Those Miami Hurricanes!!! 41 - 23

Wow, they've played 64 games this year? :lmao:

1goofy1
09-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, they've played 64 games this year? :lmao:

???? 64 games this year?:confused3

vick
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree. If they had a better QB, they would be nearly unbeatable. Todd just doesn't have the arm strength for the big throws. But their defense is unbelievable.

Being a Bama fan, as yourself, can we really say anything about Auburn's quarterback? JPW doesn't have that great of an arm for big throws either.

PanFanAL
09-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Arm Strength is not JPW's problem, he usually over throws his target. Todd's throws were not. He was heaving it, and it looked like a rainbow. JPW's are bullets. He actually needs more air under them. But, you know he now holds every passing record we have, and we ahve had some good QBs. So he must not be too bad.

AuburnJen92
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Roll Tide!!

I was watching the game from the Contemporary Resort. I was very bummed today. We played much better than I thought we would. I sure wish we hadn't killed their first quarterback. That #12 needs to sit the bench more. Ug.

AuburnJen92
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM

I agree. Todd has no zip on the football. By the time the football gets to the receiver, the defensive back knows where to go to intercept. Plus, I am not a fan of his happy feet!

AuburnJen92
09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
What a Saturday to be an Alabama fan :cheer2:

Bama wins (big)!

Tennessee loses (big)!

Notre Dames loses (again)!

Auburn loses (won't be the only time this year)!

I'll have to recover this afternoon! :sick:

Bama ED

I will remember this Ed.

PolynesianPixie
09-22-2008, 08:14 AM
The HOKIES won!!!!

bama_ed
09-22-2008, 08:14 AM
I will remember this Ed.

What?:rolleyes1

Jen, I think we can find common ground in our enjoyment of watching Tennessee implode. :woohoo:

ED

AuburnJen92
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
What?:rolleyes1

Jen, I think we can find common ground in our enjoyment of watching Tennessee implode. :woohoo:

ED

Ok, you have a point.;)

Tri-circle-D
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Just read this on another site:

Reports in Knoxville say Fulmer has stepped down as HC and accepted a
lucrative offer from FEMA.

They say they have never seen one person be able to evacuate 100k+
people out of a small area so fast. Details later.

Did you see the end of the Gator/Tenn game on Saturday?

It is so true!

Go Gators!

TCD

lucy_love
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Just read this on another site:

Reports in Knoxville say Fulmer has stepped down as HC and accepted a
lucrative offer from FEMA.

They say they have never seen one person be able to evacuate 100k+
people out of a small area so fast. Details later.

Did you see the end of the Gator/Tenn game on Saturday?

It is so true!

Go Gators!

TCD

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I saw the end, and I have friends who were at the game and posted pics on facebook of the empty stadium :cool1:

I felt bad for the players!

Tri-circle-D
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
I felt bad for the players!

I would have felt bad for them, except they were Vol's.

Seriously, though, my oldest DD still has this misguided desire to attend FSU.

I took her to the Wake Forest/FSU game on Saturday.

A weird experience.

First, there were a lot of empty seats in the stands at the beginning of the game.

You never see that in Gainesville.

Then, folks started leaving early in the fourth quarter. The game (if you want to call it that) was still close at this point.

You never see that in Gainesville.

And, do you know that neither team scored a touchdown in this game?!!!

You definitely never see that in Gainesville!

The poor girl still insists that she wants to be a Nole!

TCD

Gatordad
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
noles are bad, Gators are good.

Tri-circle-D
09-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Are you Bama folks ready for the Dawgs on Saturday? I just heard they are breaking out their black uniforms. You are in trouble now. :scared1:

TCD

PanFanAL
09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
We may not win, but I assure you, it will not be because we are scared of them, and their black uniforms. I personally think it is sad that you have to pull those kind of stunts to motivate your team and fans. Especially in a game this big. Of course we could assume they are doing it because they are scared!

Tri-circle-D
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
We may not win, but I assure you, it will not be because we are scared of them, and their black uniforms. I personally think it is sad that you have to pull those kind of stunts to motivate your team and fans. Especially in a game this big. Of course we could assume they are doing it because they are scared!

Mark Richt is all about the cheap stunt.

I hope you tan their hides. Even if you don't the Gators will on 11/1!

I hope Bama shows the Gators the blueprint!

TCD

PanFanAL
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I have a gut feeling we pull this one out. I really think we have a shot at seeing you guys in Atlanta. It is still a long season, and a steep goal, but not unreachable.

bama_ed
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Are you Bama folks ready for the Dawgs on Saturday? I just heard they are breaking out their black uniforms. You are in trouble now. :scared1:

TCD

I kinda sick and tired of gimmicks like black jerseys and the spread offense.

Besides, it'll make it easier to tell the good guys from the bad guys :cool:

For the Barn fans out there, that means the good guys wear white...:cool1:

Bama ED

AuburnJen92
09-25-2008, 09:09 PM

TCD

I am hoping for an implosion of the stadium!:lmao:

Gatordad
09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
that's Amanda mean... I only wish food poisoning.

DaddyDon
09-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Ga may not win the game ,but if there is a meltdown......:scared1: And when it comes to the SEC there is no telling what will happen from week to week. Bottom Line....I will be dressed in black! Beer in Hand and grill fired up! But I have to go to the movies tonite to see the Opening of Fireproof.It was made here in our local area and was writen and produced by 2 brothers at one of local churches ...sherwood...It stars Kirk Cameron...

Tri-circle-D
09-26-2008, 07:57 AM
So, USC got exposed last night. If Georgia pounds Alabama-they jump back to #1, right?

Ga may not win the game ,but if there is a meltdown......:scared1: And when it comes to the SEC there is no telling what will happen from week to week. Bottom Line....I will be dressed in black! Beer in Hand and grill fired up! But I have to go to the movies tonite to see the Opening of Fireproof.It was made here in our local area and was writen and produced by 2 brothers at one of local churches ...sherwood...It stars Kirk Cameron...

Give us a review of the movie. This is the same group that produced Facing the Giants, right? After that movie, I picked up Flywheel (their first movie)- that was pretty good too. This Fireproof should be a good flick.

Mrs. TCD wants to go see Nights in Rodanthe this weekend. :scared1:

TCD

Gatordad
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Good, I hate Pete Carroll and USC.

PolynesianPixie
09-26-2008, 08:08 AM
The Hokies are going to totally whip the Cornhuskers this weekend!:banana:

Tri-circle-D
09-26-2008, 09:05 AM

Me too!!

OVERRATED!!!!

So, our friends in the media are going to call this a fluke, and USC can finish out its season playing glorified high school teams and stay in the top ten. :sad2:

TCD

Gatordad
09-26-2008, 09:29 AM
They may belong in the top 10, but hopefully won't be playing for the Championship.

ntsammy5
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.marjonsplaza.com/funny%20cat%20not%20so%20innocent.JPG

1goofy1
09-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Go Canes and Dawgs!!

Disney Ron
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
BOOMER SOONER!!!

AuburnJen92
09-26-2008, 09:34 PM
that's Amanda mean... I only wish food poisoning.

This is college football, not eating.;)

AuburnJen92
09-26-2008, 09:34 PM

ditto

DaddyDon
09-27-2008, 07:33 AM
So, USC got exposed last night. If Georgia pounds Alabama-they jump back to #1, right?

Give us a review of the movie. This is the same group that produced Facing the Giants, right? After that movie, I picked up Flywheel (their first movie)- that was pretty good too. This Fireproof should be a good flick.

Mrs. TCD wants to go see Nights in Rodanthe this weekend. :scared1:

TCD

TCD
If you liked the other 2 movies you will like this one as well.Did you know that the girl who plays Kirk Camerons wife in this movie works at Disney World...The things that make you go ummmmm? I thought the movie was good in many ways and funny at points,The action was good and a few dragging spots,Not all the weeping as in Faceing the Giants...lol I thought it was well worth mine and my wifes time (to wich we will have been married 20 yrs this Dec) here is a link to the movie . http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

Now on with our football weekend!

ntsammy5
09-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry Jen, but since they're playing Georgia tonight, I've just gotta say:

ROLL TIDE

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/30/597/full/7285.gif

clkelley
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Disney Ron
09-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow, Bama is crushing Georgia at the half 31-0!!!:eek:

ntsammy5
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

What happened today? Florida lost on a blocked PAT but were only 1-11 on 3rd down conversions! :confused3

But Auburn's D came up with a win! :cool1:

Gatordad
09-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Tebow looked like crap. Someone needs to tell him that the Heisman isn't like the Hall of Fame, you need to keep playing.

vick
09-27-2008, 10:40 PM
ROLL TIDE !!!!!!

bama_ed
09-27-2008, 10:57 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

If the Barn can't score more than one touchdown against a pathetic Tennessee team, then it's going to hurt the rest of the year. A good defense can only take you so far.

Bama beats Georgia big time. I think Bama was looking at the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter but put it away nicely. Still, the second half letdown on both sides of the ball will give the coaches something to chew them out for this week in practice.

What a relief Florida lost. Nice to see Houston Nutt get it done. Brings Florida down where they really are. They have a favorable schedule the rest of the way other than the Georgia game so they might be able to salvage something. I think LSU is beatable - not as strong as last year.

Nice to hear "Rammer Jammer" played in Athen in the last minute of the game.! :cheer2:

Bama ED

DaddyDon
09-28-2008, 05:07 AM
My Dawgs got there butts spanked up and down the feild,Bama controlled the ball and the line of scrimage.I dont think i have ever seen Ga look so bad!:confused3 You cant win games when you have so many flags, because your not disciplined enough tp play the game.Bama looked like National Champs yesterday and my Dawgs looked like chumps. But as i said yesterday, This is the SEC where anything can happen.on any given Saturday.

des1954
09-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Tebow looked like crap. Someone needs to tell him that the Heisman isn't like the Hall of Fame, you need to keep playing.

Pete, I couldn't agree more. Tebow looked like a high school QB. Of course, I was watching it from the comfort of my recliner, in my 77 degree house with a fridge around the corner & no lines for the bathroom, and no gas wasted to get to the Swamp and back. Ya shoulda scalped those tickets and joined the rest of us last night. You would have had more fun.

ntsammy5
09-28-2008, 08:13 AM
no lines for the bathroom

That's the problem with the NFL where you can drink beer -- the lines are always there .. but they stop selling beer after halftime, at least in Buffalo & Cleveland - BUT there are always the sinks and the walls - stall #2 could be anywhere! At least in the men's crapper - I don't know about the women and I don't want to find out.

AuburnJen92
09-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Sorry Jen, but since they're playing Georgia tonight, I've just gotta say:

ROLL TIDE

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/30/597/full/7285.gif

I was still hoping for an implosion!

AuburnJen92
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

Weegle Weegle War Damn Eagle, Kick 'em in the butt Big Blue, HEY!

(we desperately need a quarterback that can throw harder than I can!)

AuburnJen92
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Bama beats Georgia big time. I think Bama was looking at the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter but put it away nicely. Still, the second half letdown on both sides of the ball will give the coaches something to chew them out for this week in practice.

Bama ED

Isn't it nice to know that your investment equal to 5 marching band's worth a year is finally paying off????:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(For those of you who are not bama literate, their marching band is called the million dollar band, however, us alums have always called it the dollar ninety-eight cent band because of their lack of marching ability!:lmao: )

PanFanAL
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey Jen. Laugh at our band if you want to. But I bet most any of the band members can throw harder than your quarterback. :rotfl:

Just kidding. Roll Tide!!!

PolynesianPixie
09-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Where's Rob??? I have to gloat this morning :goodvibes

ntsammy5
09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Well, Texas and Alabama both won this weekend. This will really add fuel to the Auburn - Alabama fire.

Is 'Bama #2 now? I forget! :lmao:

testtubes
09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Just popping in to say how much I enjoyed SEC football this past weekend. Finally made it to an LSU game, and the win was sweet. It looks like the season is really heating up to be a GREAT one. There's a surprise every week-gotta love it!

AuburnJen92
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey Jen. Laugh at our band if you want to. But I bet most any of the band members can throw harder than your quarterback. :rotfl:

Just kidding. Roll Tide!!!

Hey, no kidding taken there! I CAN THROW HARDER THAN CHRIS TODD! AND I AM A GIRL!:rotfl:

AuburnJen92
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Where's Rob??? I have to gloat this morning :goodvibes

Rob is hiding from you Ami!:lmao:

PolynesianPixie
09-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Rob is hiding from you Ami!:lmao:

Apparently! Where is that guy? I haven't seen him since they went camping!

AuburnJen92
09-30-2008, 08:21 PM

You've scared him into never showing up here again (insert huge evil laughter here):lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BRDof3
09-30-2008, 08:34 PM

At least it's nice to be missed.

I've been on the road since yesterday morning, don't expect to see home much until Friday.

No hiding here, Ami. We had a big multi-site party on either side of us this weekend, both of which had the TV's set up in the outdoor screen rooms and a party in full swing at the kickoff. DW and I were sitting around our campfire and by 7:45 it was quiet as a ghost town, and most everybody had gone back into their campers. I told DW that was probably a good indication of how the game was going. :sick:

I'm no die-hard Husker fan, but it was hard to read the write-up on Sunday. Though the photog did get a good pic of Bo Pelini coming down on the ref, just before he drew the flag.

I'll get a couple of pics up from the camping trip as soon as I can get them out of the camera. There was one that made me think of FW Guy all weekend.

PolynesianPixie
10-01-2008, 08:06 AM
At least it's nice to be missed.

I've been on the road since yesterday morning, don't expect to see home much until Friday.

No hiding here, Ami. We had a big multi-site party on either side of us this weekend, both of which had the TV's set up in the outdoor screen rooms and a party in full swing at the kickoff. DW and I were sitting around our campfire and by 7:45 it was quiet as a ghost town, and most everybody had gone back into their campers. I told DW that was probably a good indication of how the game was going. :sick:

I'm no die-hard Husker fan, but it was hard to read the write-up on Sunday. Though the photog did get a good pic of Bo Pelini coming down on the ref, just before he drew the flag.

I'll get a couple of pics up from the camping trip as soon as I can get them out of the camera. There was one that made me think of FW Guy all weekend.

I have to say that Scott had the most wonderful things to say about Nebraska! He said the weather was perfect that weekend and he's never met nicer people! Everyone who saw them in their Hokie shirts were welcoming. After the game a guy even bought Scott a beer in congratulations! How's THAT for sportsmanship!!!!

77ed
10-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't know about you but I get a headache looking at the Boise State field.

BRDof3
10-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I have to say that Scott had the most wonderful things to say about Nebraska! He said the weather was perfect that weekend and he's never met nicer people! Everyone who saw them in their Hokie shirts were welcoming. After the game a guy even bought Scott a beer in congratulations! How's THAT for sportsmanship!!!!

Ya know, I gotta give Husker fans credit in that department. They can be as rabid as anyone else, but I have walked through game crowds for big rivals and non-rivals and have never heard anything negative said to the visiting fans.

And he's right. It was the perfect weather for camping and football. :banana:

AuburnJen92
10-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know about you but I get a headache looking at the Boise State field.

Football fields should not be blue, or made of plastic.

des1954
10-03-2008, 07:26 AM
USF lost to Pittsburgh last night.:scared1:

ntsammy5
10-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Football fields should not be blue, or made of plastic.

They should not be inside either!

RNmomnFL
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
USF lost to Pittsburgh last night.:scared1:

I have been holding my tongue about my USF Bulls (avoiding the jinx) but alas it didn't matter. Argh! Well, undefeated won't happen so on with trying to win the Big East! We looked crappy last night but we've got injuries and now have some time off to lick our wounds.

:(

ntsammy5
10-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Well, been working outside all day, except for a trip to Sams. Now I'm sitting down drinking some Harp watching Bama roll over Kentucky and will watch Auburn in an hour. Want to see if the offense can get untracked. You know, I hate Saban, but he's a good college coach - never should have gone to Miami.

Texas is playing tonight too. Buffalo is off this week - gonna go see them play Army in a couple of weeks - maybe I'll wear my uniform and make the cadets salute me! :lmao:

ADD: Working on Harp #3 and eyeing a Moosehead now

ADD ADD: The Harp is history and the Moosehead is next -may switch to wine ..........

ADD ADD ADD The Moosehead bit the dust - now it's a red wine from our winery tour in August - those 2 cases are down to 1 case now Dam it Bama is not doing well only 14 points against Kentucky - WHAT'S WRONG????????? Time to switch over to Auburn.

ntsammy5
10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
4th and goal and they can't punch it in! PITIFUL :confused3

better

clkelley
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Well, that was not fun :confused:

Hope everybody's favorite team had a better day than we did

g8trmom1
10-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Go Gators!!:cool1:

Disney Ron
10-05-2008, 09:08 AM
BOOMER SOONER!!!

vick
10-05-2008, 09:31 AM
ROLL TIDE !!!!!

They definately didn't play like a #2 ranked team should. But, they won!

BRDof3
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Well, I expected Nebraska to lose, but even a simple loss would have been easier to watch than that shellacking. I quit paying attention in the 1st quarter and went back to the birthday partying with DD and her friends.

Bo has a BIG order to fill. I'm taking bets on when we get the first letter to the editor demanding his head, and a return of Osborn to the sidelines. Fixing the screw-ups of the Callahan era will take years, and I'm pretty sure that noone in Nebraska will be that patient. :yay:

bama_ed
10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Bama had the letdown that everyone predicted after the "Gawju" win last week. I was at the Bama-Ky game and we looked flat and no mental focus as witnessed by about 10 penalties against the Tide. Two missed field goals and a missed PAT also. But we have next weekend off to rest and regroup before Ole Miss comes to town.

Vandy beat Auburn which is no surprise at all. Vandy has come from behind to win nearly every game so far this year. After the bad performance (but a win) last weekend the Auburn head coach said they were going to try to not run so much of the spread offense but blend that in with the traditional Auburn strong running offense. Only problem is, Auburn has the athletes to run neither offense. As I said in this thread a week or two ago, Auburn's defense can only take them so far.

Struggling Tennessee barely beat N. Illinois 13-9 in front of about 40,000 empty seats in Neyland Stadium (capacity is about 103,000). This lack of support means Coach Phil Fulmer is gone at the end of the year - problem is his buyout would be expensive. With Georgia, South Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky yet to come, those all line up to be losses for Tennessee. Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow, though! :happytv:

That's the Sunday morning SEC wrapup from here!

Bama ED

AuburnJen92
10-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Ed, you can't play defense when 5/6ths of the defense is hurt. This is because the defense is ALWAYS out on the field. If you watched (and I do watch bammer games), you would have seen a dominating first qtr using the old school Auburn football. What I can't comprehend is why this was abandoned so early in lieu of that blasted spread. Even Myer over at Florida is having troubles with the spread and they RECRUIT for it! Auburn has not recruited for the spread, and therefore cannot fill the personnel for it. I calmly await the results of the press conference today at 3 central. Supposedly there is going to be some kind of announcement. All I ask is for an offense that doesn't look worse than the high school team here locally. Geesh.

Millermouseketeers
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
BOOMER SOONER!!!

HOOK'EM HORNS!

We will see you this coming Saturday! Always a good game!

bama_ed
10-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Ed, you can't play defense when 5/6ths of the defense is hurt. This is because the defense is ALWAYS out on the field. If you watched (and I do watch bammer games), you would have seen a dominating first qtr using the old school Auburn football. What I can't comprehend is why this was abandoned so early in lieu of that blasted spread. Even Myer over at Florida is having troubles with the spread and they RECRUIT for it! Auburn has not recruited for the spread, and therefore cannot fill the personnel for it. I calmly await the results of the press conference today at 3 central. Supposedly there is going to be some kind of announcement. All I ask is for an offense that doesn't look worse than the high school team here locally. Geesh.

Jen,

I feel your pain. In past years with our scholarship reductions there was little depth behind the starters. But the Barn has no excuse. Keep the Kodd offense at least till you play us! :woohoo:

Bama ED

PanFanAL
10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Hey Jen,
I didn't get to watch much of AU vs VU, but what I heard was that after Auburn's first few possessions, Vandy loaded the box to keep Auburn From running the ball. So they went back to the spread. It sounds like they have spent os much time on the spread, they don't have the plays installed to run a power offense. Once Vandy loaded the box, they didn't have any play action passes ready, or any toss sweeps in the offense to counter that. I am afraid Auburn is probably in for a long season.

Roll Tide!!!!!!! We didn't play that great either, but I felt like we would have a letdown after the Georgia game. Plus after 6 straight games, and two of them top ten games we were bound to be tired. Not to mention Kentucky has a darn good ball team this year. There front 7 on defense are outstanding.

bama_ed
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Tony Franklin, the new Offensive Coordinator, was fired this afternoon only 6 games into the season, a 4-2 record, and a current Top 25 ranking in the AP. This has been ugly from the get-go and the truth will eventually come out. This is Coach Tommy Tuberville's 5th OC in 9 years at Auburn. Only 1 was hired away and the rest were thrown under the bus when Tommy starts to feel a little heat.

To AuburnJen92 and all the other Barners on the board, I'm sorry it happened this way (nothing personal) but....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH <breathe>
BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA <snort>

<sigh>

:surfweb:

Roll Tide!

Bama ED

PS-to those folks who don't follow college football or aren't familiar with the SEC, I apologize. Move along, nothing to see here....

AuburnJen92
10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
We are striving for mediocrity at this point Ed. We all knew it was coming!

AuburnJen92
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey Jen,
I didn't get to watch much of AU vs VU, but what I heard was that after Auburn's first few possessions, Vandy loaded the box to keep Auburn From running the ball. So they went back to the spread. It sounds like they have spent os much time on the spread, they don't have the plays installed to run a power offense. Once Vandy loaded the box, they didn't have any play action passes ready, or any toss sweeps in the offense to counter that. I am afraid Auburn is probably in for a long season.

Roll Tide!!!!!!! We didn't play that great either, but I felt like we would have a letdown after the Georgia game. Plus after 6 straight games, and two of them top ten games we were bound to be tired. Not to mention Kentucky has a darn good ball team this year. There front 7 on defense are outstanding.

Yes, Vandy did load the box, but the line was still blowing them away until they went back to the spread. However, it is pointless now. Hopefully we can go back to what works. I know that Tubbs wants a spread like OK, so let's do it. Auburn has always had a wonderful running game. To abandon something that has worked for so long seems so pointless.

medic9016
10-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Hook'em Horns

Sooners 3rd #1 team to lose this year.

Gatordad
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Tony Franklin, the new Offensive Coordinator, was fired this afternoon only 6 games into the season, a 4-2 record, and a current Top 25 ranking in the AP. This has been ugly from the get-go and the truth will eventually come out. This is Coach Tommy Tuberville's 5th OC in 9 years at Auburn. Only 1 was hired away and the rest were thrown under the bus when Tommy starts to feel a little heat.

To AuburnJen92 and all the other Barners on the board, I'm sorry it happened this way (nothing personal) but....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH <breathe>
BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA <snort>

<sigh>

:surfweb:

Roll Tide!

Bama ED

PS-to those folks who don't follow college football or aren't familiar with the SEC, I apologize. Move along, nothing to see here....

Tony Franklin the barefoot kicker?

BRDof3
10-12-2008, 08:33 AM
OMG, did I really see Nebraska play a top ten team, adjust the second half, come from behind and take them to OT?????

Loss or not, that was the best I've seen them play in a LONG time. The way they were being man-handled the first half I was ready for another blowout. The CG had the game on satellite, and I drifted in and out during the kids' activities. Walked in just in time to see the TD to tie it up at the end of regulation. COME ON BO, GO FOR 2 AND TRY FOR THE WIN!!!!!! We don't have enough experience at QB to handle the OT pressure, as evidence by his panicked interception to end the game. :3dglasses

Millermouseketeers
10-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Hook'em Horns

Sooners 3rd #1 team to lose this year.

45-35 LONGHORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a great game! My longhorn flag is flying high! Poor Okies!

AuburnJen92
10-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Jen is wearing black today in memory of her team that used to be...

2goofycampers
10-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Jen is wearing black today in memory of her team that used to be...

It must be bad, she is referring to herself in the third person. ;)

BRDof3
10-12-2008, 10:38 AM
It must be bad, she is referring to herself in the third person. ;)

I could refer to her in other terms, if that would make her happy. :rotfl:

No, better not. I think she could probably whip me! :)

AuburnJen92
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I could refer to her in other terms, if that would make her happy. :rotfl:

No, better not. I think she could probably whip me! :)

Be nice, I am in mourning.:sad1:

BRDof3
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Be nice, I am in mourning.:sad1:

I hear that Bill Callahan fancies himself a college coach, you could always hire him. Steve Pedersen thinks he's a good AD, too.

Sorry, I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Just trying to get your current situation to look a bit better!

bama_ed
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
What's happening at Auburn is sad right now; sad for the players, the fans, and next year's recruiting class. And after that marvelous performance yesterday, the head coach came out and spoke to the media, the players came out and spoke to the media, but the head coach would not allow any of the coaching staff to speak to the media. So he sends out the players and not the coaches? Not cool at all..... :mad:

The head coach has such an expensive buyout I doubt the school or alumni want to cough up the dough to get rid of him. So this could last a while.... :surfweb:

Bama ED

PS-doesn't matter where Bama is ranked. It'll all work out in the end. Who knows, Ole Miss could pull the upset on us next week. Never can tell ...

Gatordad
10-12-2008, 11:47 AM
geaux gators.

AuburnJen92
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
What's happening at Auburn is sad right now; sad for the players, the fans, and next year's recruiting class. And after that marvelous performance yesterday, the head coach came out and spoke to the media, the players came out and spoke to the media, but the head coach would not allow any of the coaching staff to speak to the media. So he sends out the players and not the coaches? Not cool at all..... :mad:

The head coach has such an expensive buyout I doubt the school or alumni want to cough up the dough to get rid of him. So this could last a while.... :surfweb:

Bama ED

PS-doesn't matter where Bama is ranked. It'll all work out in the end. Who knows, Ole Miss could pull the upset on us next week. Never can tell ...

My guess is that his assistants are going to be the ones that are going to get the ax, however, he is very, very loyal to them, so as you say, it could last a long (and I will add) painful, while.

ntsammy5
10-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Commiserations Jen. Teaxs won big so I'm happy - and Bama didn't lose! :lmao: I was hoping for a game of unbeatens in November, but oh well. Buffalo lost yesterday - not what I was hoping for. Didn't watch anything tough - just sitting down to watch the Coboys at Cardinals and saw a 94 yard return.

Pete, what hapened to the Gators? Is that all they could score? :lmao:

Gatordad
10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
You didn't see, I was RB the last quarter.... I wasn't able to get out of my own way..... You've seen Rudy, now see Petey.

Us3
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
- just sitting down to watch the Coboys at Cardinals and saw a 94 yard return.

DOH! :scared1: We're recording the game so we can have dinner and get the kids settled before we watch...sounds like another interesting game...can't wait to watch! :cheer2: :cheer2:

ntsammy5
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
You didn't see, I was RB the last quarter.... I wasn't able to get out of my own way..... You've seen Rudy, now see Petey.

damn, sorry I missed that!

AuburnJen92
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
damn, sorry I missed that!

That certainly would have been a sight!:lmao:

DaddyDon
10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Go DAWGS.......After the but whipping we got from BAMA it was good to see us win a game in the sec......You should have watched the Falcon Bears game ....now that was a game!!!!!!

AuburnJen92
10-13-2008, 09:27 PM
It is a sad day in Clemmons I hear...

medic9016
10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
It is a sad day in Clemmons I hear...

Not really.

AuburnJen92
10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Well, I didn't know they were in a contest...they got rid of their OC and Head Coach!

DaddyDon
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!!

ntsammy5
10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!!

Did they win??????

:thumbsup2

Penn State is wining now (Joe will live to play another day) Bama barely won and USC won a ridiculously high scoring game and Buffalo beat Army in OT.

YES

Millermouseketeers
10-18-2008, 11:08 PM
TEXAS remains #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaddyDon
10-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Did they win??????

:thumbsup2

Penn State is wining now (Joe will live to play another day) Bama barely won and USC won a ridiculously high scoring game and Buffalo beat Army in OT.

YES

Yes it was a good game...Dogs win....

AuburnJen92
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, Auburn doesn't play until Thursday. Then we get to see just who is more crappy, WVU or Auburn!:sad2:

testtubes
10-20-2008, 09:35 AM
We do love our SEC football here. Now that the LSU Tigers actually showed up to play South Carolina as opposed to just watching Florida the previous weekend, it was a great weekend for football. Georgia Bulldogs are coming to Baton Rouge next weekend, and we are planning on attending even though it has been moved to the afternoon. It gives more time to watch the other SEC games that night. Good Luck to everyone.

djblu883
10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
all I can say is Roll Tide # 2 wooooo hoooo!:banana: :cheer2:

AuburnJen92
10-20-2008, 08:06 PM
This was sent to me today, what a hoot....

The Tennessee Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading into
Knoxville.
For the first offense, they give you two University of Tennessee
football tickets.
If you get stopped a second time, they make you use them.

Q. What do the Tennesee Vols and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 100,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus
Christ"
Q. How do you keep a Tennessee Vol out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.
Q. Where do you go in Knoxville in case of a tornado?
A. To Neyland Stadium--they never get a touchdown there!
Q. What do you call a Tennessee Vol with a SEC championship ring?
A. A thief
Q. What's the difference between the Tennessee Vols and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.
Q. How many Tennessee Vols does it take to win a SEC Championship?
A. Nobody knows and we may never find out!
Q. What do the UT VOLS and a possum have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

clkelley
10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I can't believe Auburn is LOSING!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stacktester
10-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I can't believe Auburn is LOSING!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, honey Auburn got their booty's handed to them.

AuburnJen92
10-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Very few teams can win games with 33 offensive yards in the second half.:headache:

BRDof3
10-24-2008, 01:03 PM
I watched the last quater and a half, I just knew Jen was tearing her hair out the whole time. Sorry, Jen. Feel better soon. :sick:

AuburnJen92
10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm running out of hair!

ntsammy5
10-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I ran out of hair 10 years ago.........

PanFanAL
10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I can't believe how Auburn's offense has just turned into nothing. If they don't find something to hang their hat on, it is just gonna keep getting worse. They still have several big games that I don't see them winning if they don't get something going.

At least my Tide is still rolling. I hope we can go into Knoxville, and finish sending Fulmer to the unemployment line. I have never liked him, not since he stole that job from Johnny Majors.

AuburnJen92
10-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I can't believe how Auburn's offense has just turned into nothing. If they don't find something to hang their hat on, it is just gonna keep getting worse. They still have several big games that I don't see them winning if they don't get something going.

I don't see it getting any better either. You can't just play one half of football, I don't care who you are, not in college. Maybe we can win homecoming. It doesn't look good for anything else right now. I was watching the FL/UK game and almost fell asleep.

Millermouseketeers
10-25-2008, 09:13 PM
That was a good game between Texas and Oklahoma State! We remain #1!

vick
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
ROLL TIDE !!!!:dance3:

BRDof3
10-26-2008, 07:56 AM
OMG, are Huskers back in the positive numbers again??? Not only that, they actually did a good job of game control. Go Bo!!! :cheer2:

ntsammy5
10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
The only game I was really interested in was Ohio State vs Penn State - pretty intense game - old Joe pulled out another one.

What happened to the Gators Pete? Couldn't squeeze out 70? :lmao:

And Jen, http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/uhoh3.gif - nuff said.

My two schools, Texas and Alabama probably kept their rankings, but Texas just barely - good game though.

On a lighter note, since it was raining yesterday we decided to try some local wineries - bad idea - there was a special event for all the wineries along the Niagara Wine Trail - one place we went to there were 5 buses, 8 limos and a lot of cars - people couldn't even get in the door. We decided to go back another day. There are about 25 wineries we've never been to - none more than 15 miles from us. They're pretty good from what I hear.

AuburnJen92
10-26-2008, 11:55 AM
And Jen, http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/uhoh3.gif - nuff said.

I couldn't have "smilie-ed" it better myself.:headache:

bama_ed
10-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Bama Wins Again!

Penn State is out of luck in the computer rankings of the BCS. Really, as long as Texas and Alabama keep winning out, Penn State is on the outside looking in (like Auburn in 2004). You can "Joe Pa" till the cows come home; the math won't work for them.

Honestly, Penn State "ain't played no-body". Bama has a patsy for Homecoming next weekend (I'll be there) but the big showdown will be this coming weekend (LSU-vs-Georgia) in Jacksonville (Stack, stay away for your own good :rolleyes: ) and the following weekend (LSU-vs-Alabama).

Still lots of football left to play :3dglasses

Like Holly Rowe of ESPN said last night, "<Alabama> hates Auburn 'cause they have to (in-state rivals); but they hate Tennessee 'cause they WANT TO"

Rammer Jammer! :happytv:

Bama ED

DaddyDon
11-01-2008, 06:26 AM
I hope the DOGS show up today.....Or it could be a long nite for the Bulldog nation.....

Millermouseketeers
11-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Big game tonight between Texas and Texas Tech. Hopefully the Longhorns will prevail!

Millermouseketeers
11-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Okay, this game stinks really bad. It is not even half and Tech is beating us 19-0!

I cannot bear to watch anymore!

BRDof3
11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I wish Nebraska was doing that good. I knew it would be a tough night, but come on, 21-0 before the end of the national anthem??? That was a real old-fashioned @:eek: :eek: kicking!!

DaddyDon
11-02-2008, 07:53 AM
My DAWGS got there butts spanked by the Gator nation....Well we need to keep our puppy tails on the porch and let the big dogs run.....Well Done Gators....

PanFanAL
11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Roll Tide!!!!!!! We could actually be Number 1 now. And WOW what a game last night between UT and TT. And that was also a shock in Jacksonville. I kinda thought UF would win, but not like that. I guess we will get our shot at the Gators in the SECCG.

BRDof3
11-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Roll Tide!!!!!!! We could actually be Number 1 now. And WOW what a game last night between UT and TT. And that was also a shock in Jacksonville. I kinda thought UF would win, but not like that. I guess we will get our shot at the Gators in the SECCG.

That ought to be another good game to watch. I'm keeping an eye on the Big 12 South, too. There may be a good catfight down there.

vick
11-02-2008, 09:47 AM
ROLL TIDE!!!

By rights, Alabama should be ranked #1. I'm not sure they are playing like a #1 team though. Florida is probably the best team right now, even with a loss. Alabama still has 3 tough games left in regular season. I know Auburn isn't playing well right now, but they'll be up for the Bama game. I just hope we can finish undefeated!

stacktester
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
That ought to be another good game to watch. I'm keeping an eye on the Big 12 South, too. There may be a good catfight down there.

Florida just smoked em. I'm a gator fan but I'm gettin tired of Tebow being a one man show. He's greedy to the backs and receivers. Those guys deserve a chance to show something too.

BRDof3
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Florida just smoked em. I'm a gator fan but I'm gettin tired of Tebow being a one man show. He's greedy to the backs and receivers. Those guys deserve a chance to show something too.

Yeah, don't you just love politics in sports?? I don't get the impression that he has ever thought about the fact that it's the backs and receivers that make him a success. Not too many quarterbacks ever do. Rare is the general that remembers that he's so big because he's standing on the shoulders of the enlisted ranks.

I'll give the defense some due in that game. They really got to shine. :banana:

bama_ed
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Roll Tide! :cheer2:

Bama will probably be #1 in the BCS and we go to LSU this coming Saturday. ESPN Gameday (Chris, Coach, Kirk) will be there too which is a good omen - they were at Bama's two road blowouts (vs Clemson and Georgia).

I agree with Stack's comments on Tebow. Somebody needs to take him down a notch or two.

Bama ED

PS-Auburn, Tennessee, and Notre Dame lost also. What a great weekend to be a Tide fan...

BRDof3
11-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree with Stack's comments on Tebow. Somebody needs to take him down a notch or two.

Don't worry, sooner or later, somebody will! The bigger they are.....

Millermouseketeers
11-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Okay, Alabama you can be #1. As long as it is not Texas Tech. Yes, this Longhorn fan is still smarting! But what a great game. Now the pressure of being # 1 is off our backs!

ntsammy5
11-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Texas tanked - so did the Bills - all I left is the Crimson Tide - but given what's happened to #1 this year that won't last too long!

Gatordad
11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Florida will be SEC champions this year.

stacktester
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Florida will be SEC champions this year.

We had the camper in RV City. Talk about a mess. You should've seen that joint when we left today.

PanFanAL
11-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Possible, but you gotta get through the Tide first. BTW, Philip Fulmer is out at UT.

AuburnJen92
11-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Fulmer not returning should come as no surprise to anyone.

I am wondering how much of Auburn's staff will return next year...

And yet, my phone rings almost every night from them beggin' more money from alumni...:mad:

PanFanAL
11-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I always thought Tubberville was a good coach at Ole Miss, and at first at Auburn. But he has changed my mind. In ten years he should have more to show for it. And then having the team just fall apart this year after having ben a preseason top ten team. As an Alabama fan, I hope he stays so we can pay him back for "the Streak". But I honestly think they can do better.

AuburnJen92
11-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I always thought Tubberville was a good coach at Ole Miss, and at first at Auburn. But he has changed my mind. In ten years he should have more to show for it. And then having the team just fall apart this year after having ben a preseason top ten team. As an Alabama fan, I hope he stays so we can pay him back for "the Streak". But I honestly think they can do better.

I could not possibly think the streak will go on any longer, barring a nuclear explosion in Tuscaloosa. ;)

You are not the only one in your line of thinking. Many a grumble has been muttered on the Plains recently. However, y'all know what we are going through...I just don't know if Auburn (I know I don't have much left to give them...) has as deep of pockets as Bama does to get things done...we will certainly see soon enough. It is going to be three long games that are left this year, and yes, I am including the homecoming game!.:mad: :sick:

PanFanAL
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
The money is there, I feel sure. Large schools like all of our SEC schools can get the money. People talk about the amount of money we pay Saban, but our athletic department makes like 35 million a year. Most of that from football. A few million for a coach is not going to hurt. The problem at Auburn right now as far as a new coach goes, is all of the coaches still on payroll, that Ears has fired over the years. But I still think you guys can cover it.

testtubes
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to the big game this weekend in Baton Rouge. I just hope that LSU can make it a good enough game that we can stick around to the end. The loss to Georgia was not much fun to watch! I guess all of LSU's luck ran out last year on their way to the National Championship. We knew the offense was going to struggle, but the defense (or lack of) is killing us. Hope everyone has a safe trip if coming to B.R. Good luck to everyone.

clkelley
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, it was a tough game but Bama won!!!!

Thank goodness Auburn won today also :-)

bama_ed
11-08-2008, 07:12 PM
All I can say is "WOW" :cheer2:

Good to hear the Rammer Jammer cheer from Tiger Stadium at the end of game. Gotta play Mississippi State and Auburn still but we have locked the SEC West championship and a chance to take a crack at Florida. :woohoo:

Bama ED

PS- 'Course, I think the rest of the team should take our field goal kicker out behind the woodshed for not getting that kick high enough with 3 seconds left in regulation...:mad:

AuburnJen92
11-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Tiffin had no excuse for kicking that ball that low...they didn't even put up a good rush on the ball....I saw Saban on the TV chewing him out...

Hey, at least Auburn can beat someone this year! YEAH!

vick
11-08-2008, 08:29 PM
ROLL TIDE !!!!!!

It was far from pretty, but a win is a win.

testtubes
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
As an LSU fan, it was an exciting ballgame until the final score, of course. It had been awhile since our Tigers really gave us something to cheer about for an entire game! Our inexperience at quarterback really did us in. With that said I have no favorite for the SEC championship because we will be at Walt Disney World (Fort Wilderness) that week. Alas, that's one less game to have to plan around. Good luck to everyone (Florida? v. Alabama?) We will definitely be watching the National Championship game.

DaddyDon
11-10-2008, 04:00 AM
My Dawgs allmost got there butts whipped again!!!!!After Flordia beat them like redheaded stepchildren last week ...i think they are...Well pups...not mighty DAWGS.....

DaddyDon
11-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Will my DAWGS show up against the TIGERS?????
News at 11.00

clkelley
11-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, they did :-(

DaddyDon
11-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Man the Tigers Came to play today!!!!My Dawgs still look shell shocked..It was a great game !!!Down to the last seconds........

PanFanAL
11-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Roll Tide!! We are 11-0, and no one, including myself thought we would win more than about 9 games this year. And boy Auburn sure almost pulled a stunner. But the biggest surprise was Troy almost beat LSU. That was some come back from the Bengal Tigers.

testtubes
11-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Getting ready to pack the MH for the LSU-Ole Miss game in Baton Rouge this weekend. We did not go to the Troy game because of previous commitments that weekend but watched on tv. Will be cooking a nice hot pot of gumbo to eat before the game then again to thaw out after the game. It will be COLD! Hope your team wins. The SEC rocks!!

DaddyDon
11-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Getting ready to pack the MH for the LSU-Ole Miss game in Baton Rouge this weekend. We did not go to the Troy game because of previous commitments that weekend but watched on tv. Will be cooking a nice hot pot of gumbo to eat before the game then again to thaw out after the game. It will be COLD! Hope your team wins. The SEC rocks!!

You are right The SEC rocks!

PanFanAL
11-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Absolutely, even in what many are calling a down year in the SEC, it looks like either Bama( Roll Tide) or Florida have a good shot at playing for the National Title.

Tri-circle-D
11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Took the DD's up to the old Alma Mater on Saturday to see the Gators.

I love college towns.

Anybody care for some photos?

There are so many great traditions at the University of Florida. A new one was started by Coach Urban Meyer when he came to town. It is called the Gator Walk. The team walks into the stadium two hours before each game. It gives the fans a chance to see the players, and the players an opportunity to feel appreciated.

Here is one of my DD's waiting for the Gator Walk to start:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208008.jpg

Here is the coach himself:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208012.jpg

We thought this was Percy Harvin, but after looking closer at the photo, I don't think so:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208018.jpg

Here is a real live Heisman trophy winner in the flesh!:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208043.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208044.jpg

One of my DD's got a handshake from him! (almost as good as the Jonas Brothers). . .

Some shots of us having some fun before entering the stadium:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208054.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208055.jpg

Do all college campuses have Hare Krishnas? They have always had a presence at UF. I swear some of these same guys were chanting on campus back when I attended 20+ years ago:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208057.jpg

Here we are inside the stadium:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208084.jpg

Before the game, they honored the seniors, and a fellow that goes by the nick name "Mr. Two Bits," He has led the "Two Bits" cheer at Florida games for 60 years (since 1949)! Here he is running onto the field:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208059.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208076.jpg

Tim Tebow warmed up right in front of us!:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208075.jpg

Even though this was kind of an "off" game, the attendance was over 90,000:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208003.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208004.jpg

This was an exciting play. Tim Tebow lined up as a receiver (you can see him on the line at the bottom of this photo), and Percy Harvin took a direct snap. Harvin first ran right, then reversed and ran left. Tebow threw a block, and Harvin scored:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/Tri-Circle-D/UFvCitadel112208095.jpg

Go Gators!

TCD

lucy_love
11-24-2008, 09:15 AM
TCD- Do your DD's want to go to UF?

mmmmm tim, you know he is going to marry me right? HAHAHA

This was my last game as a student :( (unless I get into a PhD program). We were lucky enough to have ROW 1 last week and ROW 6 this week!

We were so sad to see Mr. Two Bits retire :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7349.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7348.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7343.jpg

Gotta love Alberta :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7358.jpg

And Timmy :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/n2008659_52182149_100.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/n2056470_52050935_7940.jpg

My dad (Alumni) and brother in front of the "Bull Gator"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7244.jpg

Row 1!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7307.jpg

I really love the Gators ;) BCS here we come!!!!!

testtubes
11-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Hey, Gator fan, loved the pics from the game. Needless to say, we did not take pics in Tiger stadium and struggled to stay for the whole game against Ole Miss. The only redeeming part of the night was the introduction of the 1958 Championship team along with Heisman winner Billy Cannon and the original Chinese Bandits (which are known by LSU fans as THE best defensive line in Tiger history). Also present was their coach Paul Dietzel who must be well into his eighties. We must be a glutton for punishment because we are making the trip to Little Rock for the Arky game and to spend Thanksgiving. Good luck next week to the SEC teams. We will naturally be watching the Iron Bowl between Bama and Auburn. Love those rivalries!!

Tri-circle-D
11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
TCD- Do your DD's want to go to UF?

mmmmm tim, you know he is going to marry me right? HAHAHA

This was my last game as a student :( (unless I get into a PhD program). We were lucky enough to have ROW 1 last week and ROW 6 this week!

We were so sad to see Mr. Two Bits retire :(
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/motoxangel04/IMG_7349.jpg

I really love the Gators ;) BCS here we come!!!!!

WOW- you had great seats, and GREAT PHOTOS!!! I love those paper ties that they passed out. Must have only been on the student side, because we didn't get one :( But, DD did find one after the game!

Sadly, it looks like the oldest TCD DD is heading north to that other State University :(. The problem is that I married a 'Nole, so my DD's are half-breeds.

The good news is that my younger DD's want to be Gators (at least for now).

Congratulations on your engagement to Timmy. He seems like a really nice guy. Your family must be thrilled. ;)

Hey, Gator fan, loved the pics from the game. Needless to say, we did not take pics in Tiger stadium and struggled to stay for the whole game against Ole Miss. The only redeeming part of the night was the introduction of the 1958 Championship team along with Heisman winner Billy Cannon and the original Chinese Bandits (which are known by LSU fans as THE best defensive line in Tiger history). Also present was their coach Paul Dietzel who must be well into his eighties. We must be a glutton for punishment because we are making the trip to Little Rock for the Arky game and to spend Thanksgiving. Good luck next week to the SEC teams. We will naturally be watching the Iron Bowl between Bama and Auburn. Love those rivalries!!

What happened to LSU? And what is up with Ole Miss? Wow!

LSU will beat Arkansas.

This weekend will be the best yet for this college football season.

Go SEC!!!

TCD

PanFanAL
11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Yep, and next weekend may be the best SEC championship game ever. The Gators are the team I've said for weeks that might beat Bama. But I'm not like the media I'm writing the Tide off yet. We have the best Defense that Florida will have faced. And I guarantee you we can run the ball on anybody. But we gotta worry about stopping the Streak against that cow college first. Roll Tide!

Tri-circle-D
11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Yep, and next weekend may be the best SEC championship game ever. The Gators are the team I've said for weeks that might beat Bama. But I'm not like the media I'm writing the Tide off yet. We have the best Defense that Florida will have faced. And I guarantee you we can run the ball on anybody. But we gotta worry about stopping the Streak against that cow college first. Roll Tide!

Roll Tide, indeed!

I hope both Florida and Alabama stay focused on their rivalry games this week, and that the winner of the SEC Championship Game then goes on to the Big Show!

I am not writing off 'Bama. That is going to be one heck of a battle!

Go Gators!

TCD

PanFanAL
11-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, and I hope whoever wins the SEC can't stomp whoever from the Big 12 they play, and shut the media up. I still believe an SEC defense can beat a Big 12 offense. Be it Alabama or Florida. And don't worry, I can't see Florida over looking Florida State or Alabama overlooking Auburn. I look for a blowout from both! Sorry Jen.

Gatordad
11-24-2008, 05:04 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v401/115/37/749465266/n749465266_1201933_6754.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v401/115/37/749465266/n749465266_1201934_7560.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v401/115/37/749465266/n749465266_1201944_839.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v401/115/37/749465266/n749465266_1201921_3386.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v401/115/37/749465266/n749465266_1201931_6231.jpg

AuburnJen92
11-24-2008, 05:09 PM

Hmmm, cow college and four letter words...how some people talk on these boards....

AuburnJen92
11-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, and I hope whoever wins the SEC can't stomp whoever from the Big 12 they play, and shut the media up. I still believe an SEC defense can beat a Big 12 offense. Be it Alabama or Florida. And don't worry, I can't see Florida over looking Florida State or Alabama overlooking Auburn. I look for a blowout from both! Sorry Jen.

Nah, don't be sorry. No fantasies here. I am not confident of a complete blowout on the Auburn game, but victories for both pachyderms and reptiles are most assured. Florida still has something to prove to the BCS, so unfortunately there will be many unhappy and bruised indians come Saturday. There is no joy on the Plains of Auburn this year. I can't even get excited for the game.:sick:

AuburnJen92
11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Pete, what did they do for Mr. 2 Bits retiring (he always annoyed the crap out of me, but that is because I am not fond of reptilians)? Is there going to be someone to replace him?