PDA

View Full Version : best credit cards with rewards

cruiz2007
09-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I have credit cards with rewards. However, I recently tried to redeem with one of them and was very unhappy with the results. It appears what I thought I had wasn't what they offered.

Does anyone have any recommendation for reward cards. I would like something for travel or cash back.

thanks
Cathie

brentalex
09-06-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a capital one no hassles miles card. We charge as much as we can to it each month and pay off the bill each month. I was just able to use the points to get 3 free tickets on delta from boston to orlando for our April 2009 vacation. Using the points for air trips is easy, there are no restictions as long as you have enough points. If there is a flight you want and you have the points, you get the ticket.

J&D
09-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Check out this MSN article:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/CreditCardSmarts/The15MostRewardingCreditCards.aspx?page=all

Laneychris
09-06-2008, 05:39 PM
How many points do you need for a airliine ticket on the capital one no hassles miles card.

brentalex
09-06-2008, 10:49 PM
How many points do you need for a airliine ticket on the capital one no hassles miles card.

It is based on the cost of the flight. For our tickets we needed 35000 points for each one.

Pakey
09-06-2008, 11:29 PM
I've had Capital One no hassle for years until they recently ticked me off (which is hard to do) and I then discovered how poor their customer service is rated. I've since switched to an Expedia Travel Rewards card which has a very high customer service ranking.

On Capital One, it basically takes 100 miles for every $1 of airline. They have tiers but the 100 for $1 is the best exchange that it provides. Minimum is 35,000 points for a ticket up to $350 but it would still be 35,000 points even for a $200 ticket. Expedia is basically the same exchange.

MoniqueU
09-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Amex gold rewards card.

An_Island_Girl
09-07-2008, 08:08 AM
AMex Gold has the best flexibility for us. I have booked flights with points, purchased on Amazon with points, and even got gift certificates for family and friends using AMex points.

We also have Disney Visa that we should use more often now (I still forget sometimes that they lifted the points cap) :)

mrsklamc
09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
We have a costco amex- no annual fee with your paid costco membership, rewards start at 1% everywhere and go up to 5% for gasoline.

We have a disney visa for places that don't take amex.

DopeysMommy
09-07-2008, 09:27 AM
We use a Discover for 2% cash back, a MyPoints for credit there for gift cards, and I have an AmEx with Hilton Honors points, which i have just found out I can redeem for SeaWorld or Universal tickets.

Cash back is the best, but Discover is being accepted fewer places. The AmEx is mainly for Costco, and the MyPOints Visa as a fall back.