PDA

View Full Version : Looking for non-electronic kids' Christmas gifts??

timzagain
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
For those of you who prefer to stay away from electronic toys - may I suggest Ikea? While on vacation in Orlando about 2 weeks ago, I visited Ikea and found some really nice toys there. Well made, no batteries, reasonably priced and just perfect for encouraging imaginative play. There were quite a few but the ones that stuck out were the set of finger puppets (under $6), wooden train sets, wooden pull and push toys for the younger set, and my personal favourite, a set of stainless steel pots and pans ($10) that looked just like the real thing! My DD has outgrown that phase now, but I know she would have enjoyed "real" saucepans, instead of the obviously fake plastic ones.

Never thought of Ikea as a place for Christmas shopping before! Too bad there's no Ikea in my neck of the woods in Barbados!

bjeannep
09-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks, I've never thought of them either. I live about an hour and a half from one, maybe I'll need to make a special trip to check things out. My DNieces are very into imaginitive play and I never know what to get them.

BrerMom
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, sounds like a good idea for the adopt-a-child Christmas project.