PDA

View Full Version : I DID IT!! (Did my own hair color) - YEA!!!!

Suzimom
09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I just turned the big 4 - 0 :scared1: & finally am admitting defeat in the gray hair area :headache: -- high/low lights just aren't cutting it anymore & WAAAAY too expensive. I've had a box of Nutrisse (61 - Ash Brown) sitting in my bathroom cabinet that I've been stewing over for several weeks.

With the boys (DS & DH) at a HS football game tonight, I got brave and did it!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so thrilled, but now I'm thinking, what now? I need advice...

towel over the pillow or is staining an issue?
wait to wash a day or two or wash tomorrow morning?
anything else you can think of??????

Thanks for advice!!!!!

Susan

NVDisMom
09-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I do mine every 6-8 weeks. So much less expensive...and those grays usually come out as highlights. Gotta love that. I have never had issues with staining my pillow, so no worries with the towel. I do usually allow the color to set for three or for days before I shampoo (can you say pony tail? lol). But my color is darjker than yours, so it may not be necessary.

Todd&Copper
09-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Congratulations! I color my hair myself too, and I concur that I do not have staining issues. I'd wait until my hair was dry before I went to bed, though.

Mau Loa Disney
09-05-2008, 07:52 PM
My BF is a hair dresser so I dont usually have to do my own her, but when I have I never had a staining problem. I also think you should wait to wash for a day or 2. Glad it worked for you & it does save so much money

Suzimom
09-05-2008, 08:38 PM
...and those grays usually come out as highlights. Gotta love that.

I noticed some highlighting with my grays, too!!! I was so worried about my hair looking so unusually uniform in color...that was my main reason to refrain from coloring. Now I'm seeing a lot more dimension than I thought I would!!

Thanks for your advice and support!! I will definitely wait a few days to wash; luckily, I'm a pony-tail gal so that will be easy!! :banana:

OK - now that my hair troubles are through, I'm off to watch Californication (that sounds sooooo naughty!!) -- bought it with a gift card for my b-day present!! It's a bit shocking, but DH will LOVE it!! ;)

Thanks again, everyone!! Anymore advice is more than welcome!!!!

Susan