PDA

View Full Version : Need a Monthly Budget Sheet

hinodis
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have a link to a really good household monthly budget sheet? I would greatly appreciate it!

Karenj2
09-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Are you talking about a general "here's what I spent last month" type of thing, or a "I want to figure out how much TO spend (or that I CAN spend) and stick with it through the month!!"

If you want the first - go to the Microsoft Templates website and do a search for "budget". They have a pretty decent Excel spreadsheet where you input how much you've spent and how much you have budgeted (after you add all that stuff up, of course).

I personally prefer the YNAB Pro software ($40 one-time fee) through www.youneedabudget.com. I found that software through someone here. It allows you to import transactions (if you want) or manually enter your spending, and it also has the budgeting portion within the program. My favorite part about it is that it's geared to help you eventually live off of LAST month's salary, so that you will ALWAYS know how much you have available to budget. No more living paycheck to paycheck (and this even works if you have CC or other debts!)

It's pre-populated with categories (to tickle the memory about some of those occasional bills), but you can change/delete them as needed. (i.e., I created an entire category for my dogs, but deleted property tax since it's rolled into my mortgage.)

Anyway, I've blabbed on and on about this many, many times on these boards, because it was such a Godsend for me. But there are other programs/sites that are also good. The main thing is to HAVE a budget - make your money work for you!!

BTW - the YNAB forums are just as friendly as this board - they made it very easy for me to figure out the program (and my budget).

delmar411
09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
This is what I use. Works really well for us. I put it out on google docs so anyone can grab it.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJPCyvms95mdIZcVL9HD9Qw&output=html

HTH!

I believe you can just copy it from google docs and then you can change the tab titles to the right year and change any of the categories.