PDA

View Full Version : Jack_Loves_Sally Halloween Wedding PJ & TR. Update 7/8

jack_loves_sally
09-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Well after reading all of the other planning journals here, I decided to start my own, if no one reads it, at least it will be somewhere I can put all of my thoughts down (DF will appreciate that as opposed to all the post it's I leave stuck all over the house). We are less than two months away, and we have so much stuff going on it's crazy! On July 2 a 50 foot tree fell on our house, and so we have been dealing with all of the fun that comes along with that...I am also a full time student, and I work part-time, and Mike has a seven year old daughter that he has joint custody of, and on top of everything, we are planning a wedding. :laughing:
So here it goes......
Mike is really easy going and laid back, and I have OCD, and feel the need to plan everything. Neither of us are very "romantic", we kind of just decided together to get married not long after we bought our house. He did surprise me with a beautiful ring (pics later), and we knew a Disney Wedding was for us, but not long after we got engaged I decided to quit my job as a preschool teacher and go back to school to get my degree in graphic design, so we decided to wait awhile (we got engaged in October of 2006), and we decided this year was going to be it. I stumbled on this board trying to look for info on Disney Weddings, and let me tell ya, there isn't a lot of it out there, this board has given me countless ideas, and even though I'm not really super active in posting...it is really nice to see people actually being supportive of DFTW's...so thanks to all of you DisBrides...I would be lost without you! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
09-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

These boards are great for getting all your thoughts together. I can't wait to read all about your plans!!

scarlet-la-belle
09-05-2008, 01:55 AM
WELCOME! i can't wait to hear all you'r plans :goodvibes

DisneyFairy19
09-05-2008, 10:58 AM
WELCOME cant wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

padisneyfour
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
just wanted to say welcome and congrats.... sorry about the tree though. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans...:goodvibes

alissa2008
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM
OMG a fellow NBC Bride!! :goodvibes

Plan on!! :)

bridetobe789
09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the boards !! Can't wait to read details!

jack_loves_sally
09-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow!!!
Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement ladies!! I feel like I am among friends... :goodvibes. I am so glad I found these boards, I am beyond tired of the looks people give me when I tell them I am getting married at Disneyworld (I know a lot of you know what I am talking about). As promised, here is a pic of my e-ring, it's not really anything fancy, but I like the vintage look of it, and the canary yellow diamond in the center adds some color too!
As I said before, we are having our wedding on Halloween, and the theme will be.....drumroll please......The Corpse Bride. I know, I know kind of morbid right? But this isn't just ANY wedding, this is a Halloween wedding! We are having an Escape wedding, but thanks to these boards, we have customized it to make it one of a kind. We booked Randy Chapman, and Ana from Beauty Speciale, as well as Rev. Tim Herring, our colors are black, lavender, and ice blue. Next installment...cake and dress pics! :cutie:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01909.jpg

jack_loves_sally
09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Well I finally got around to taking pictures of my dress, but I must say that they didn't turn out all that well...the only place I can hang the dress to take a pic is on a door, and all of the doors in our house are white...so needless to the picture isn't fantastic, but here it is anyway....
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01911-1.jpg
The sash I picked is black (you should have seen the look on my Grandma's face when I told her I wanted a black sash...) it's really long, so I'm going to be rocking a butt bow, but it's so pretty...and the detailing is gorgeous, here is a closeup of the detailing.
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01913.jpg
As soon as we booked our wedding, my first question was "can we upgrade our cake?" DFTW assured me the bakery could do just about anything I wanted....for a price, being an Escape bride your options are kind of limited, so we were willing to pay a little more to have things customized. I found this cake on pinkboxcakes.com, and I fell in love with it, our wc Karen Serrette (who is wonderful) said it could be done! Our cake won't be quite as large, but it will look just like this...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/largecbcake.jpg
And last but not least...this is the cake topper I bought for the cake, I found a lady who will make them for you with your wedding colors, this was the first thing I bought!
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01915-1.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01917.jpg
Well that's all I have for now, but there's lots more to come! :goodvibes

AliceinHalloweentown
09-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I just wanted to say yay for NBC fans (pokes screenname) and your dress and cake are gorgeous! And welcome/congrats!

pixiemama3
09-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome congrats and i love your dress.. Cant wait to hear more.

MegKate
09-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome and Congrats! :banana:

I really like your dress and sash. Is that beading on it or embroidery? Either way, very cool :cool1:

jack_loves_sally
09-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I just wanted to say yay for NBC fans (pokes screenname) and your dress and cake are gorgeous! And welcome/congrats!

Thank you!! We love NBC, but we thought Corpse Bride would be something different for a Halloween wedding, lets just hope I can pull it all together. I'm glad you like the dress...I thought it may be too plain, but the more I look at it, the more I love it!

jack_loves_sally
09-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Welcome congrats and i love your dress.. Cant wait to hear more.

Thank you! :goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
09-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Welcome and Congrats! :banana:

I really like your dress and sash. Is that beading on it or embroidery? Either way, very cool :cool1:

The sash actually has embroidery and beading on it...I really just wanted plain black, but my Mom talked me into this one, I figured since the dress is pretty plain, it would go ok...thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Seewhatimesdone
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Oh my God that cake is rediculously amazing. And so is your ring! I love antique looking wedding rings. I'm definately looking forward to this! Can't wait to see more

Ppufi
09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Wow, your dress is beautiful. The color is fantastic. :D

scarlet-la-belle
09-13-2008, 01:06 AM
Halloween is my all time fav day of the year it would be so wonderful to have a wedding on it, your day is going to be amazing and that cake :love: so beautiful! And your wedding dress is lovely very Tim Burton, which i guess is the look you were going for!

jack_loves_sally
09-15-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh my God that cake is rediculously amazing. And so is your ring! I love antique looking wedding rings. I'm definately looking forward to this! Can't wait to see more

Thank you!! :goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
09-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Wow, your dress is beautiful. The color is fantastic. :D

Thanks for reading along! :)

jack_loves_sally
09-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Halloween is my all time fav day of the year it would be so wonderful to have a wedding on it, your day is going to be amazing and that cake :love: so beautiful! And your wedding dress is lovely very Tim Burton, which i guess is the look you were going for!

I really didn't know what kind of dress I wanted, but I think it fits well...thanks for reading! :yay:

Disneychix
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I love the detailing on the sash! And your ring is gorgeous.

You don't necesasrily have to have a butt bow. They can show you how to 'fold' it over so it's more of a butt fold than bow! My SIL just did this.

bridetobe789
09-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow I'm loving the halloween theme!! I tried a dress on just like that at alfred angelo but df wasn't diggin it .. grr. ! The cake is amazing ! I can't wait to see everything unfold!!

keenercam
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome and congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and your dress is so pretty! Love the sash! The cake is going to be amazing and I am so glad you already have your topper. Can't wait to hear all about your plans and ultimately, to see your awesome pics! Will DF's daughter be in the wedding?

MegKate
09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
The sash actually has embroidery and beading on it...I really just wanted plain black, but my Mom talked me into this one, I figured since the dress is pretty plain, it would go ok...thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

I really like it! :) I was going to do something like that with blue, but I decided on a different dress. You'll look very sophisticated with the white and black! :bride:

I'll be reading on! popcorn::

jack_loves_sally
09-16-2008, 01:14 PM
I love the detailing on the sash! And your ring is gorgeous.
You don't necesasrily have to have a butt bow. They can show you how to 'fold' it over so it's more of a butt fold than bow! My SIL just did this.

Thank you! :goodvibes They showed me how to do the fold thing at the bridal shop, but I found a clutch with a bow on it as well, so I figured I would do a bow to tie them both together. (no pun intended) :cutie:

Wow I'm loving the halloween theme!! I tried a dress on just like that at alfred angelo but df wasn't diggin it .. grr. ! The cake is amazing ! I can't wait to see everything unfold!!

Thanks! It was hard for me to find a dress, I'm tall and I have NOTHING going on up top...seriously :lmao:, and this actually looked ok on me, thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Welcome and congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous and your dress is so pretty! Love the sash! The cake is going to be amazing and I am so glad you already have your topper. Can't wait to hear all about your plans and ultimately, to see your awesome pics! Will DF's daughter be in the wedding?

Thank you!! Yes, DF's daughter will be our flower girl/ring bearer...she gets to pull double duty! :)

I really like it! :) I was going to do something like that with blue, but I decided on a different dress. You'll look very sophisticated with the white and black! :bride:

I'll be reading on! popcorn::

Thanks! I'll have to remember to say that to my Mom...it's sophisticated, not morbid...:rotfl:

MainStMandy
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
WOW everything looks amazing!! The dress is beautiful and the cake is just stunning!

auntpunkin
09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow! I love your ideas, especially that cake! I'd love to go to a wedding like yours, what fun! I can't wait to see the wedding photos! Spectacular! :woohoo:

jack_loves_sally
09-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Wellllll...I really SHOULD be studying for my Art History exam...buuuuttt, I'm on the Dis....PARTAY!!!:banana:
So I'll do something proactive and update the old PJ...so here is all of my flower girl's stuff!
Her dress...it's kind of a mini version of mine, she wants to wear it all the time, I have to explain to her that this isn't a play dress...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01914-1.jpg

Here are her shoes...they kinda look brown, but they're black.
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01926.jpg
And here are her earrings, but I can't take credit for these babies, she got them from the pick a pearl station in Japan at Epcot this year when we took her for her birthday....lucky girl, she got two pearls the same size in one oyster...I got one pearl, and a tiny one, I'm making her pick my oyster this year!
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01923.jpg
This is her "lady" purse...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01924.jpg
I really wanted her to wear a halo, but everything I found was all white, so I marched down to Hobby Lobby and bought an all white halo...and some little black flowers, and some black pearls...and this was the end result.
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01928.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01930.jpg
And last but not least....my big, bad dog Bruiser, he is very sad he won't be able to come to the wedding, so I put a pic of him in my PJ so he could be included somehow...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01867.jpg
You must excuse his squinting, every time I take out my camera and aim it in his general direction he squints, he hates the flash, it must be a defense mechanism! :lmao:
Well I guess I'll go study Renaissance art now...:eek:
More to come soon! :goodvibes

Seewhatimesdone
09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Everything looks beautiful! I love the Mickey shaped pearls. Your dog is sooo adorable. I love that he knows when the flash is coming XD

MegKate
09-17-2008, 10:12 PM
The flower girls dress is also very sophisticated!! lol :lmao: That will be my answer to all black items in your wedding just in case your mom stops by!

Seriously - if you read those magazines - you know white and black is really in! Just leave some of them around the house (away from Bruiser:dog: o'course!) for your mom to read. Or if all else fails make her read this post about sophistication!! I do really like everything - I don't remember if you posted - what are you doing for flowers? :surfweb:

jack_loves_sally
09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
WOW everything looks amazing!! The dress is beautiful and the cake is just stunning!

Thank you!:)

Wow! I love your ideas, especially that cake! I'd love to go to a wedding like yours, what fun! I can't wait to see the wedding photos! Spectacular! :woohoo:

I can't wait to see the pictures either! I love Randy's work so I'm really excited! :goodvibes

Everything looks beautiful! I love the Mickey shaped pearls. Your dog is sooo adorable. I love that he knows when the flash is coming XD

Yeah he's a great dog, but not very photogenic! :laughing:

The flower girls dress is also very sophisticated!! lol :lmao: That will be my answer to all black items in your wedding just in case your mom stops by!

Seriously - if you read those magazines - you know white and black is really in! Just leave some of them around the house (away from Bruiser:dog: o'course!) for your mom to read. Or if all else fails make her read this post about sophistication!! I do really like everything - I don't remember if you posted - what are you doing for flowers? :surfweb:

My mom is ok with everything, I'm the "artsy" child so she's not really surprised by what I've picked, my sister is the one that will have a Cinderella wedding :). I am carrying a hand tied french bouquet with all different shades of lavender flowers, Mike will have a lavender bout, and India will have a black and lavender rose wand. :goodvibes

keenercam
09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
OMG!! I LOVE your furbaby! What a cutie! :faint: I just feel so sorry for him that he should have been destined for the movies (Or at least the cover of "Beautiful Dog" magazine) but just can't help but anticipate the big, bad flash. Poor thing! I am so glad you included his picture! You should ask Jennifairie about how she is having the DJ play a song at her reception dedicated to her kitties who she'l have left at home. :cat: :lovestruc

jack_loves_sally
09-21-2008, 06:43 PM
OMG!! I LOVE your furbaby! What a cutie! :faint: I just feel so sorry for him that he should have been destined for the movies (Or at least the cover of "Beautiful Dog" magazine) but just can't help but anticipate the big, bad flash. Poor thing! I am so glad you included his picture! You should ask Jennifairie about how she is having the DJ play a song at her reception dedicated to her kitties who she'l have left at home. :cat: :lovestruc

Thank you!:goodvibes He hates the flash, but I did manage to get a few good pictures of him in his Halloween costume. I want to bring him with us sooo bad, but he gets mad at me when I take him to the groomer, I'm pretty sure he would never come near me again if I left him at the Disney Kennel (although I'm sure they do a lovely job there), so I am just having a house sitter stay here with him so he can still guard our house from all of the 5 year old trick-or-treaters....:laughing:

jack_loves_sally
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Our rings finally arrived today! We had a lot of trouble finding a design I wanted that semi matched my e-ring, so we just had one made. Here is a pic...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01945.jpg

And here is a pic of it with my e-ring as well.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01942.jpg

It is an eternity band with a pave setting, and I l-o-v-e it!!:lovestruc

Here is a picture of Mike's ring..

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01946.jpg

That isn't the best picture, so here is a stock photo...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/MikesRing.jpg

I love Mike's ring, it is so unique, it is made out of palladium and red gold. I have to give props to Lurkyloo, I read about palladium in her PJ, and it sounded perfect for Mike, I didn't want to get him something that would have to be re-plated every few years, and he didn't want titanium, so this is what I decided he was going to get :rotfl: .
I have to tell you USPS STINKS!!! My ring came from a separate jeweler, and we had no problems with it getting here (thanks Fed-Ex!:) ), but Mike's ring was shipped USPS, and when they shipped it they gave me a tracking number, so I check it and the status didn't change for two weeks :scared1: ,
soooo I call them and they tell me "occasionally we lose packages"....yowzers, but I had insurance on it, and when the jeweler shipped the second time I was smart and asked if they could ship it Fed-Ex instead, and it came today!:woohoo:
Well there will be more soon, we're only a month out!:eek:

keenercam
09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
wow! The rings are just GORGEOUS!!! :lovestruc
I hope your housesitter will protect your furbaby from all the door knocking and bell ringing. Poor thing!

MainStMandy
09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
WOW!!! They are gorgeous. I love your e-ring sooo much. I picked one out similar to it and couldn't figure out what kind of band would go with it. It's just beautiful!!

camara381
09-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I absolutely love the rings. You have an awesome theme. the Cake is fabulous. can't wait to see how everything comes together.

bridetobe789
09-30-2008, 11:46 AM
The rings look great!! Very pretty!

AbbyPan
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
o.m.g. the eternity pave ring is to die for! beautiful!!!!

GlobalDiva
09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
OK, so I just saw your Pj today-- I LOVE your ring! It's sooo beautiful.

I understand the reaction about the black color element in weddings; if you read my PJ and see my pictures, you'll see that I can empathize about the older ladies' reactions to the color black at weddings :lmao:

Anyway, your dress looks fabulous! Can't wait to read more!

MegKate
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Love the rings! Dare I say they are also very sophisticated? ;)

jack_loves_sally
10-01-2008, 09:10 PM
wow! The rings are just GORGEOUS!!! :lovestruc
I hope your housesitter will protect your furbaby from all the door knocking and bell ringing. Poor thing!

Thank you, I love both of the rings, and our housesitter better do a good job, she's my brother's girlfriend...so I'll know where to find her if she doesn't!:rotfl:

WOW!!! They are gorgeous. I love your e-ring sooo much. I picked one out similar to it and couldn't figure out what kind of band would go with it. It's just beautiful!!

Thank you!!:goodvibes For someone who can barely pick out their own clothes, Mike sure does have good taste in jewelry....:rotfl:

The rings look great!! Very
pretty!

Thank you!!:goodvibes

I absolutely love the rings. You have an awesome theme. the Cake is fabulous. can't wait to see how everything comes together.

Thank you!! I am getting really excited!:goodvibes

o.m.g. the eternity pave ring is to die for! beautiful!!!!

OK, so I just saw your Pj today-- I LOVE your ring! It's sooo beautiful.

I understand the reaction about the black color element in weddings; if you read my PJ and see my pictures, you'll see that I can empathize about the older ladies' reactions to the color black at weddings :lmao:

Anyway, your dress looks fabulous! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks so much, I am flattered you like everything, the pictures in your PJ are gorgeous!:goodvibes

Love the rings! Dare I say they are also very sophisticated? ;)

Thank you, I just hope the end result doesn't let you down, I'm afraid my wedding is going to end up being....oh, how do I say this?...Ummmm "interesting" to say the least...:lmao:

alissa2008
10-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Just catching up - I'm loving everything so far! And Mike's ring is just SO cool!!

I looked at the same cake!! hehe. I found another one from pink cake box and we decided to go with this one -- it's similar, but I feel like it gives off a little cleaner vibe...I do love the airbrushing on your cake though - totally killer. (no pun intended)

We're swapping out victor and corpse bride for sally and jack though. Man I can't wait to see how everything you've got comes together! I LOVE your cake topper!!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/jonesdube/food/weddingcake.jpg

jack_loves_sally
10-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Hello all! I have been so busy with work and school, I wanted to take a few minutes to update the pj with all of my accessories. :goodvibes
So, here they are...first here is my clutch, my sister bought it for me at Nine West, I love the bow, it will match my sash on my dress

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01955.jpg

And here is a close up of the brooch on it, butterflies are a recurring theme in The Corpse Bride, and I needed something blue, so I pinned this on there...I really love it.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01959.jpg

Next up I have my shoes, I know most brides wear white, or heels...but man, we are getting married at Sunset Point, and I REALLY don't want to trip and fall on my butt, so I opted for comfy flats, and I bought black because..well I'll be honest, cause I will be able to wear them after the wedding....

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01968-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01969.jpg

Next up....the headwear, now.....when I bought my dress, I had three different women putting veils and tiaras on my head...I seriously considered biting them:rotfl:, I told them over and over I am NOT wearing a tiara, and I didn't want a traditional veil, my grandma wore a birdcage veil when she got married, and I wanted to wear hers, but it had rotted. So I contacted Melody from birdcageveils.com, and she was wonderful....I got exactly what I wanted, it is gorgeous, I am putting in a stock photo, because there is no way I am putting that thing on my head by myself, I will ruin it for sure, but you will get the general idea...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/birdcageveil_russian_netting_emma18.jpg

I really wanted something else besides the veil, and I decided to go for a fascinator, but to find a really good one here in the States is tough, I ended up contacting a designer in the UK, and her designs are gorgeous...her name is Leigh-Anne McCague, I LOVE :lovestruc her work!!! She worked with me so closely and did the design exactly to my specifications, I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fascinator or unique tiara....here it is...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01961.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01962.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01963.jpg

So I have a confession....I bit on Carrie's style...hardcore. I fell in love with her necklace she wore for her wedding, I showed a picture of it to my mom's friend Mary, and this is what she came up with...I REALLY hope she doesn't mind...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01964.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01967.jpg

Again, I hope Carrie doesn't mind...I've been so worried she would get upset because the necklace was so unique....

I am posting Mike's one and only accessory, his pocket watch. We are Nightmare Before Christmas fans, but decided not to do a NBC wedding, but he really wanted to use this watch, and the chain actually looks like bones, so he's going to wear it.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01976.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01977.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01978.jpg

Last but not least, Mike has been growing his hair forever, he wanted to donate it to Locks Of Love, and Saturday he cut it off!!

Mike's hair before:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/image014.jpg

Mike's hair after:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01975.jpg

And that my friends is all I have for now....we're getting closer now...:)

MegKate
10-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I won't say it, but you know my answer to all your accessories - one hint - it starts with s! :lmao:

But seriously, mad props to Mike for donating his hair. I've done that before, but for a guy to do it, is just incredible. You're really getting a great guy. :thumbsup2

I love all your stuff, but that butterfly is my favorite - where did you get it?!

jack_loves_sally
10-16-2008, 06:31 PM
I won't say it, but you know my answer to all your accessories - one hint - it starts with s! :lmao:

But seriously, mad props to Mike for donating his hair. I've done that before, but for a guy to do it, is just incredible. You're really getting a great guy. :thumbsup2

I love all your stuff, but that butterfly is my favorite - where did you get it?!

Umm...were you going to say that they are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious??? That's the first word that comes to to mind... I donated my hair to Locks of Love after my cousin died of breast cancer, Locks of Love makes wigs only for children, but it's still helping cancer patients, so it's important to both of us, now they won't take my hair because I have gray, so Mike decided he was going to grow and donate his, he really is a great guy.:love: As for the butterfly, I bought it AGES ago...I have a problem with brooches and pins, really anything sparkly and shiny, I *think* I got it at Kohls for like $2.00, I have a TON of brooches, what are your wedding colors??? I amy be able to help you out...:lmao:

Angela0917
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I just came across your PJ, and everything is awesome!! A Halloween corpse bride wedding is so cute!!! I love yoru cake!!

PrincessPirate28
10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I have been slowly going thru everyone's PJ and LOVE your theme, everything looks beautiful!!

jack_loves_sally
10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
I just came across your PJ, and everything is awesome!! A Halloween corpse bride wedding is so cute!!! I love yoru cake!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I have been slowly going thru everyone's PJ and LOVE your theme, everything looks beautiful!!

Thanks for reading!! :)

jack_loves_sally
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Yikes!!! Our wedding is quickly approaching, and I haven't updated in awhile. I have been trying to get everything in order before we go, and I realized that we still had to pay the balance on Mike's tux, so I told him to call and pay it, later that night, I asked him if he had everything taken care of, and he looks at the floor and says really, really fast..."Idon'twantowearatuxforthewedding." I had no idea what he was saying so I told him to slow down so then he says really, really quietly "I don't want to wear a tux for the wedding."
So I say "Ok, what do you want to wear?" He just shrugged...great.Obviously a shopping excursion was in order. While we were at the mall Mike explained to me that he felt like a tux wasn't right for him, and after I thought about it, it made sense..a tux isn't really Mike, but it's what everyone wears, so I didn't even think twice about it. Really though, as brides we get to express our personality in so many ways with our hair, dress, accessories etc...so why shouldn't Mike get to wear what he wants?
This is what he picked out:
Blazer with Dress Shirt:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01990.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01991-1.jpg

A close up of his pins so he can "represent"...TOOL is his favorite band, nice huh?, a pin on his blazer that says "TOOL", and Jack from NBC...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01993.jpg

Here is his belt, Jack faces...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01997.jpg

And here are Mike's shoes....I LOVE them, they are so him....he's just wearing standard black dress pants, he says he wants to be comfy, but I think he's going to look awesome...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01987.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01988.jpg

Last but not least, the ring "casket" FINALLY came, this is what Mike's DD will carry the rings in...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01982-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01985-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01986.jpg

That is all I have for now, but hopefully I will be able to update one more time before we fly out Thursday! :cutie:

lurkyloo
10-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Wow - this is the most satisfying PJ ever! I discovered it today, you're getting married this week, and I don't have to wait around forever to see how everything turns out! :rotfl: PLUS, I got name checked, your wedding is full-on Corpse Bride, you're wearing an amazing fascinator - this planning journal has EVERYTHING!!! :lmao:

Oh, and nice necklace! ;)

MegKate
10-27-2008, 01:23 AM
Now that is a cool groom outfit (specifically NOT calling it a tux!). :thumbsup2

Angela0917
10-27-2008, 08:38 AM
I love the ring casket!!!!!!!! That is so cute!!! I'm going to have to find my Corpse Bride dvd, now I really want to watch it! I can't wait to see wedding pics!!!

PrincessPirate28
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Love the ring casket!! So cute!!

MysticalBeauty
10-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I must say you are right up my ally! I too will be having a Halloween wedding (well the week before because of our kids want to trick or treat lol) I am having a haunted hotel theme...and still waiting for an answer to my question about holding the ceremony at the haunted mansion. Crossing my fingers! I actually looked at your same cake and originally I was going to order out little coffin boxes and fill them with candy for our favors...I love your ideas! My dress is alittle untraditional...ok maybe alot...i love the black and white together in your dress and def. fits your theme...I can't wait for pictures!:woohoo:

RangerPooh
11-02-2008, 06:40 AM
Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful theme, your event has come together beautifully to capture the theme that you have planned.

jack_loves_sally
11-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone!! We made it back, (although I must say didn't want to come back)! We had a great time, and our wedding was exactly what we wanted, Randy doesn't have our pictures done yet, so you will have to wait for pics :lmao:. My mom and grandma took a few pictures, but I haven't had a chance to get them....
I can post the vendor reviews though, so here it goes.

DFTW Wedding Planner: A+ AWESOME!!! Really, I was assigned Karen Serrette, and she was amazing, everything ran so smoothly, and she was on top of everything, she even gave me tips for pictures, she seemed to know Randy, and she knew the drill, so there was never an awkward lapse of time when we didn't know what to do.

Disney Violinist: A+ I'm not sure of his name...but he was really good, he asked during the reception if there were any songs we wanted him to play, and it ended up becoming a name that Disney tune trivia game (I got all but one right...I was so proud of myself :rotfl: ). He did an excellent job!

Wedding Officiant, Tim Herring: A+ What a wonderful man. I told Rev. Tim that neither Mike or I were very religious, and he said he could perform a civil service, I thought the ceremony would be 5 mins. long, but he incorporated some readings and poems, and even managed to get everyone to laugh, he also included India in the ceremony, which we thought was very special. We actually ran into him at Epcot a few days later, we just all really liked him!

Disney Floral (Rosie): A+ My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous, even better than what I had envisioned...it was HUGE! I told Rosie I wanted three different shades of lavender throughout my bouquet, and I had requested a few of the crystal Mickeys in it as well, and it was so beautiful, I actually cried a little when I had to throw it away, Mike's bout was really nice as well, and I had ordered a rose wand for India, and that was perfect as well.

Disney Bakery (Cake): A++ For those of you who don't know I requested a Corpse Bride cake, I sent a picture, it was basically a Mad Hatter cake, just with a different decor, and boy did they deliver. This cake was so beautiful, I didn't want to cut it, they did a perfect job!! It was delicious too, the only downside was we had a TON of cake leftover :rotfl:

Hair and Make Up, Ana and Maribelle (Beaute Speciale): A+ For any of you who have doubts about Beaute Speciale...have no fear, they are AMAZING! They showed up right on time, and Ana went to work on India's hair, Maribelle did my makeup. India had a short haircut, and I figured it wouldn't be able to be all pulled up, but Ana managed to make it work, and it still looked great! My makeup was great, I asked for a really dramatic, dark eye, and Maribelle made it happen! I was initially worried about my hair, I have naturally curly hair, and I wanted to wear it down. I was worried that if she flat-ironed my hair it wouldn't hold curl, but she assured me it would be fine, and it was. I wore a fascinator, and it was windy at Sunset Point, but my hair was still going strong 10 hours later, so was my makeup, they both did such a great job!

Photography Randy Chapman: A+ My pictures aren't in yet, but Randy showed some of the shots on his camera, and if even a quarter of the pictures turn out like the ones he showed me, I'll be thrilled. Randy showed up early, and started snapping away, he was so wonderful, and knew how the whole wedding process worked, he was so helpful. Most of the time I didn't even know he was there. He made everyone laugh, and even Mike liked having his picture taken by him (and he HATES having his picture taken).

Narcoosse's (sp?): A+ They were so wonderful there, we had requested some favors be on the table there, and the decorations from the ceremony were moved there as well. The table looked so great, and the service was amazing! The food was delicious as well, they printed us special menus with our names and the date across the top, we got the star treatment for sure. If you are an Escape bride looking for a place to have a dinner after your wedding, this place is wonderful!

DPS Honeymoon Shoot (Dean): A+ I haven't seen the pictures from this yet, but this guy was a riot. We did the shoot at DHS, and it was the day after our wedding, so we weren't really excited about having our pictures taken again, but he was a cut up. He made us laugh, and took so many different shots, even if the pictures stink (which I'm sure they won't) it would be fine, because we both enjoyed the experience so much.

Well I think that's it for now, I'm going to start my TR soon, hopefully the pictures come in quickly! :)

Princesskeyblade
11-13-2008, 11:20 AM
YAY!!! I am glad everything went good!!!!!!

Congrats!:hug:

jack_loves_sally
11-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow - this is the most satisfying PJ ever! I discovered it today, you're getting married this week, and I don't have to wait around forever to see how everything turns out! :rotfl: PLUS, I got name checked, your wedding is full-on Corpse Bride, you're wearing an amazing fascinator - this planning journal has EVERYTHING!!! :lmao:

Oh, and nice necklace! ;)

All hail!!!:worship: The Queen of All Things DFTW has graced my PJ!!! I'm so glad you're reading! I'm also stoked you don't mind I borrowed your necklace for inspiration! You're going to have to wait a little bit for pics though, I think Randy has been really busy, thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Now that is a cool groom outfit (specifically NOT calling it a tux!). :thumbsup2

Ooooh you better not, he will have a conniption! :lmao:

I love the ring casket!!!!!!!! That is so cute!!! I'm going to have to find my Corpse Bride dvd, now I really want to watch it! I can't wait to see wedding pics!!!

Hopefully they will be here soon! :goodvibes

Love the ring casket!! So cute!!

Thank you!:)

I must say you are right up my ally! I too will be having a Halloween wedding (well the week before because of our kids want to trick or treat lol) I am having a haunted hotel theme...and still waiting for an answer to my question about holding the ceremony at the haunted mansion. Crossing my fingers! I actually looked at your same cake and originally I was going to order out little coffin boxes and fill them with candy for our favors...I love your ideas! My dress is alittle untraditional...ok maybe alot...i love the black and white together in your dress and def. fits your theme...I can't wait for pictures!:woohoo:

Well I hope everything comes together for you! I wanted our wedding at the Haunted Mansion, but the price they were asking was half of what we paid for our house....:rotfl:, but it all worked out and were both happy with the end result, I can't wait to see the pictures either!!:rotfl:

Congrats on your wedding! What a wonderful theme, your event has come together beautifully to capture the theme that you have planned.

Thank you!:goodvibes

padisneyfour
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Looking forward to hearing all the details of your wedding! sounds like everything came together well from your vendor reviews and that is always wonderful to hear! Congrats!:goodvibes

alissa2008
11-13-2008, 04:57 PM
OMG we were on the monorail on halloween driving past the WP and my mom said "look a bride!" -- I swear it was you! ... :confused3 was it around 5? :banana: I can't wait for pictures! I started my tr from the day before as well.

YAY for halloween weddings!! :dance3:

adisneygal
11-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see your pics! Everything sounds fantastic...:banana:

PrincessShea
11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Great report so far, I can't wait to read more!

Did you have to pay a minimum at Narcoossees or did they just print the regular menu without the prices?

jack_loves_sally
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
YAY!!! I am glad everything went good!!!!!!

Congrats!:hug:

Thank you!:goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing all the details of your wedding! sounds like everything came together well from your vendor reviews and that is always wonderful to hear! Congrats!:goodvibes

Thank you, I feel so lucky that everyone involved was so sweet and easy to work with, it made everything easier and less stressful!:)

OMG we were on the monorail on halloween driving past the WP and my mom said "look a bride!" -- I swear it was you! ... :confused3 was it around 5? :banana: I can't wait for pictures! I started my tr from the day before as well.

YAY for halloween weddings!! :dance3:

I don't think that was me you saw, we got married at Sunset Point at 5, but at around 6:30 we saw a bride and groom on their way to the Grand Floridian in Cindy's glass coach, maybe she was the bride you saw at the WP? I am trying to be patient about the pictures...;)

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see your pics! Everything sounds fantastic...:banana:

I want to see them too! Thanks for reading.:goodvibes

Great report so far, I can't wait to read more!

Did you have to pay a minimum at Narcoossees or did they just print the regular menu without the prices?

Thank you!! We didn't pay a minimum at Narcoosses, we didn't rent a private room or anything, but we were seated right by a window facing the Magic Kingdom, and we had more room around our table than the others did, I don't know if that is something they did for us or if it's always like that. Mike called the manager there months before, and they asked us our names, the date etc...and they printed the menus without being asked, I will post a picture of them in my TR.:goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Time to start the TR, but first I should introduce the cast of this event...
Me (Sarah): The OCD Bride
Mike: The Forgetful Groom
India: Mike's 7 year old daughter, and flower girl
Mama Sue: My mom, and official worrier
Dad: My dad, and the other "child" on the trip
Grandma: My grandmother
Uncle Jack: Grandma's brother (my great Uncle) and Magic Kingdom Cast Member
That is everyone...
I am not going to start with day one, as the events that happened the day before day one had a direct impact on day one, so I'm starting on the day before day one.
It was a Wednesday, and I hate Wednesdays, I work from 7:00-1:00, have class from 2:00-5:00, and class again from 6:00-7:30...not a fun day. So I get done with all of that, and I have to go to tan, and then go to Mike's work to pick up India. After I pick her up, I wanted to get some food because I hadn't eaten since 9 that morning, so I stopped and got some food, and we headed home.I started a load of laundry, and got to work on some homework. India went to bed early, and I was able to get all of the laundry done pretty fast. I had a still-life due for my drawing class that I needed to add a few last minute details to, and a summary of a documentary to do for another class, and a 4 page paper due for another class. I figured no big deal...I can crank out a paper pretty quickly...and I did, it was the still-life that killed me, I hate being a perfectionist....
Anyway, I finally got done with all of the school stuff at around 2 am, and I started packing, Mike and India are pretty easy to pack for, but I always pack waaayy to much stuff, the stuff I couldn't pack yet I set out so it would be ready in the morning, and when Mike got home (around 3am...he works nights) I finally went to bed. I had set the alarm for early...I think 7:30, our flight left at 2:00pm, and we live about 2 hrs away from the airport, and I had to go to school and drop off the work from the night before, so I figured if we left the house at 9, we would get to school around 9:30, and be on the way to the airport by 10...four hours before our flight left...good idea. To bad it didn't work out that way. Right before I fell asleep I told Mike "I really hope we don't have a Home Alone moment, and have to leave super fast and forget a bunch of stuff".

Day One
I don't remember my alarm going off, I remember India coming into our room at 8:15 saying "we're still going to Disneyworld....right?" I immediately went into panic mode, and started RUNNING around the house. I finished packing, Mike and India walked the dog, dropped the bills off at the mailbox, and packed the carry-ons, we made it out by 10...way behind schedule.
We ran to school, got some food, and were on the highway by 11, and then we hit traffic...gotta love Michigan construction. Luckily I had packed the boarding passes, tickets and marriage license the night before, but we had tickets for MNSSHP that night, and I thought there was no way we were going to make it to the airport, park, get the shuttle, get checked in, and go through security on time...at this point it was 12, and we were still an hour and forty-five minutes away...India was more worried about missing MNSSHP than anything:rotfl:
I forgot to mention the day before when I tried to check us in for our flight...it kept giving me the wrong flight info..so I call the airline and they told me our original flight was cancelled, we were supposed to fly out at 8am, but they changed it to 6am, there was no way that was going to happen, so they put us on the 2pm flight (which happened to be the same flight as my parents, and much better due to time issues). AirTran was really nice about the whole situation, and everything worked out, but I was irritated because they never notified us of the cancellation...but no worries, it all worked out.
Anyway Mike was driving so fast, and my poor Jetta was doing so well...and then the gas light came on....great. We stopped about half way there and filled up in record time....
Next up: Do we make it???:laughing:

alissa2008
11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
that probably is who we saw then -- ah well :)

AHHHH cliffhangers are the worst!! lol. We flew AirTran as well and both our flights and my moms flight was changed - they did notify us though, and it indirectly caused us to have to stay another night! DARN! :rotfl: Plus if you complain they will let you change your flight to any similar flight leaving within 24 hours forward or backward...for future reference. I do like AirTran though...

alissa2008
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
:surfweb: popcorn::

jack_loves_sally
11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Sooo..where was I? Oh, yes, the airport. So we filled up and got back on the road, everytime we passed a mile marker India would say "only 45 more miles to go, only 44 more miles to go.." and so on. We were all tense, no one wants to miss a flight, and I suddenly remembered I forgot the autograph cards I made for India. Then while saying to myself.."I am so glad Grandma took our dresses down when she went for the winter"...I suddenly remembered...I forgot to pack India's pearl earrings, oh well she had nice gold earrings in, it would be ok. And then...I yelped "Mike, did you pack that little box from the closet in one of the carry-ons?" Mike says "no, was I supposed to?" Oh crap, that was my birdcage veil. It was too late to turn back, and I had a fascinator, so long story short, I didn't wear the veil for the wedding. Luckily those were the only things I forgot, and for me that's pretty good. While all of this is going on, my Mom is calling my phone every five minutes to see where we are.
At this point it's 1:00 and we have thirty miles to go, India had the exit number on a piece of paper in one hand, and Pal Mickey in the other, I wish I had taken a picture, she was so apprehensive.. We got off of the exit at 1:18 (Mike was driving pretty fast), we checked which terminal we were supposed to be at, got off, grabbed our parking ticket, parked, exited the car, grabbed the bags and started to RUN...a shuttle pulled up behind us, and bless this man's heart, he loaded us up, Mike explained the situation, and he gunned it, we got to the walkway, booked it and ran to the check-in. We were so lucky there was no one in line ahead of us, we got through that and ran to security, again we lucked out, no one was ahead of us, and we ran up to our gate as they were boarding our flight. My Dad was standing there with a grin on his face, and we boarded the flight. :scared1:
We finally sat down on the plane, and I felt sooo relieved, my parents sat a few rows ahead of us, but the whole flight I could hear my Dad "My oldest daughter is getting married at Disneyworld tomorrow" my Mom is so shy, she was turning bright red. The flight was pretty uneventful, none of us slept, and we landed in bright, sunny Florida ahead of schedule.
One we got off the plane, we headed to the Disney welcome center, and we boarded the Magical Express, my Mom and Dad were on a different bus, they were staying at All Star Music, and we were going to Port Orleans Riverside. The year before we did not have a good experience with the ME, we waited an hour sitting on the bus, but this year we waited ten minutes and we were good to go.
By this time it was about 5:30, and India still had to change for MNSSHP, I was smart and packed her costume in her carry on, and we had to check into the hotel as well. My Uncle Jack called me while we were on the bus, but I had trouble hearing him. We pulled up to the resort, and the first thing I see is Uncle Jack, with presents for India. He went in with us to check in, and he must have talked to the CM behind the counter, because they gave the star treatment. They handed us the Just Married pins, handed India a Snow White trader pin, and sent us on our way. We went to the room so India could change, and Uncle Jack gave us our dresses and about twenty new pins (I collect Nightmare Before Christmas and Haunted Mansion, India collects whatever she fancies at the moment).We changed and headed out the door to catch the bus to The Magic Kingdom.
Next up: MNSSHP:)

alissa2008
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
I have to say I'm totally hooked!

Have you seen the giant LE500 haunted mansion pin yet? Its so killer - its the seance scene and the background spins! Unfortunately it was like $95, but it was too cool. We saw them twice at trading kiosks, specifically that one in epcot near the fountain. It was seriously the coolest thing we'd ever seen and I had to all but drag Tim away from the kiosk to prevent him from buying it! :rotfl: because as it was totally awesome, it was not almost a hundred dollars awesome. :(

We need pics!! :P

jack_loves_sally
11-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Ok, so we went to the bus stop at POR, and we waited maybe two minutes for it to get there, and we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom...with Snow White in tow. While we were at the bus stop, I saw a about 307 pirates, everybody was a pirate! Mike and I didn't dress up, we just wore Nightmare Before Christmas shirts, I wanted him to be Peter Pan, and I would have been Tigerlilly, and India has a Tinkerbell dress, but Mike wasn't happy about the idea of wearing tights :rotfl: , oh well.
We were really excited for this party, we have done P&PP, and MVMCP, so we wanted to see what the Halloween party had to offer. We had made plans to meet my parents at the front gate at 7:00, we got to MK at about 6:50, and by chance (and luck) ran right into them. We got our treat bags and our maps, and headed in. Mike, India and I were starving, we hadn't eaten since the drive to the airport, except for some sacks I packed in the bag, and we wanted to eat first thing. Neither of my parents had ever been to a party, so my Dad was itching to do everything he could, he was on a quest for candy!!! We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Casey's, and made our way to ride Pirates, my parents hadn't been on it since Captain Jack was added, so that was a must. Next we started scoping out candy stations, Mike, my Mom and I hung back while my Dad (who is 57 by the way) and India RAN to the candy stations to collect their treats. Next we rode the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder, collecting candy all the while.
While we were over by the Haunted Mansion, India spotted Cindy's Coach for a photo op, and she insisted we stop, the first parade was just getting started, so my Mom, Dad, and Mike sat down for that while I stood with her (I knew it was going to take awhile).

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01999-1.jpg

So after that was settled, we made our way to everyone else, and listened to my Dad go on for an hour about The Headless Horseman, and how BIG his horse was....We decided to go do Space Mountain, and once we were finished with that made our way to the Villains show, and the fireworks.
We decided to head over to Fantasyland and went on Peter Pan, and Small World.
And then India said the dreaded words, "I want to go on the teacups"....ugh. Don't get me wrong, I like the teacups...if I'm with someone who isn't a crazy spinner, I just can't hang, and India is a crazy spinner. Well Mike REFUSES to go on them, and so do my Mom and Dad, so I say I'll go if she doesn't spin, boy was that a bad idea...so after almost losing my dinner, Mike spotted Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and as India was dressed as Snow White, it was kind of a must to get a picture with her. Now we weren't sure of where she was going to be stationed, so Mike and India just followed them, and they were BOOKING it, I was running after them too, but my stomach wasn't feeling so hot, so I was behind them. When we finally stopped I was happy to get in line and wait for a few minutes, and Snow White was so sweet and kind to India, she is incredibly shy, and she was so good with her.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/snowwhite2.jpg

So then we went to find seats for the second parade, we were sad because Uncle Jack had the night off, and usually we get to see him in the parade at other parties, but not this time, we still enjoyed it though, and we watched the Villains show again, this time we stuck around to meet them, India was afraid of certain ones, so we only met a handful of them, but it was still fun. The Queen Of Hearts was hilarious, after India had her picture with her, she came walking over to us, SHOVED my Mom out of the way and stuck her hand in my Dad's face to kiss, he did, and he thought he was the coolest thing ever, I am just sorry I didn't get a picture of it :sad1:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02003.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02002.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02004-1.jpg

By this point we had gone on all of the rides we wanted to, we had four full bags of candy, and it was 11:50, so we headed for the buses back to the resort, the next day was our wedding day!
We got back to the hotel, India took a bath, and I had three voicemails, from Ana, Randy, and the dog-sitter, it was too late to call anyone at that point, so I crawled into bed, happy knowing I would get to sleep in!!!:goodvibes

Next: The Wedding Day...Part One:)

jack_loves_sally
11-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I have to say I'm totally hooked!

Have you seen the giant LE500 haunted mansion pin yet? Its so killer - its the seance scene and the background spins! Unfortunately it was like $95, but it was too cool. We saw them twice at trading kiosks, specifically that one in epcot near the fountain. It was seriously the coolest thing we'd ever seen and I had to all but drag Tim away from the kiosk to prevent him from buying it! :rotfl: because as it was totally awesome, it was not almost a hundred dollars awesome. :(

We need pics!! :P

Thanks for reading!! I have been peeking at your TR as well!! Your day looked so beautiful, I love your dress!! Yes I have seen the pin, It is really cool, I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on it either! Uncle Jack said he may be able to find it at some pin thing he goes to every year for CM's, I will tell him to keep and eye out for two of them!!:goodvibes

alissa2008
11-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for reading!! I have been peeking at your TR as well!! Your day looked so beautiful, I love your dress!! Yes I have seen the pin, It is really cool, I wasn't going to spend that kind of money on it either! Uncle Jack said he may be able to find it at some pin thing he goes to every year for CM's, I will tell him to keep and eye out for two of them!!:goodvibes

Aw thanks :goodvibes I know, as soon as I saw that dress I was like omg this is totally it. :banana:

I know that pin was too cool, but definitely not worth that kind of dough!

Love your TR so far! More pics! popcorn:: :yay:

adisneygal
11-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Randy needs to hurry with those pics as I loved all your details in your PJ and I want to see how it all came together. I am dying to see the cake. I adore your necklace. Does your mom's friend Mary make jewelry for other peeps as well? If so, please pm me with info. Thanks, Sarah

jack_loves_sally
12-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Hello All!!!
I have been so busy with school finals, work and Christmas I haven't had time to work on my TR, but my pics from Randy came yesterday, and I thought I would add some pics so you guys didn't think I abandoned you...so here you go, finals are done next Tuesday, so I'm going to aim to finish my TR during break....enjoy!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0023910-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0080810-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0081010-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0081210-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0085610-31-08.jpg

I promise I will add more next week!:goodvibes

GlobalDiva
12-11-2008, 09:39 AM
You and your hubby look AWESOME! Great pictures!

GlobalDiva
12-11-2008, 09:40 AM
You and your hubby look AWESOME!! Great pictures :)

Pinkerbell1983
12-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow you looked absolutely amazing. I love the black sash and the necklace... and the hair! Can't wait to see some more pictures!

keenercam
12-11-2008, 10:12 AM
You looked GORGEOUS! Your "look" came together perfectly. I am going to be stalking this thread, looking for more pix! :banana:

padisneyfour
12-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Your pictures look great! everything looks like it came together really well! I love the sash and necklace! looking forward to seeing more....:goodvibes

adisneygal
12-18-2008, 08:35 AM
You guys look FAB! Love the pics.

bridetobe789
12-18-2008, 03:16 PM
You guys look great in your pics!! The cake looks like it turned out absolutely amazing.. wow!

jack_loves_sally
05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Ahhh I have been a bad Disney Bride, I have not updated my TR in forever, in my defense I had a very hectic semester at school, but I am happy to say it's o-v-e-r....well until I have to go back in September:rotfl: Oh well, I only have a year left and then I am done!!:cool1: Anywhoo, I'm going to start where I left off, with the first part of the wedding day...

We had planned to sleep in, but I had to call Ana and Randy to let them know what room we were staying in, so I got up at 8:30 to call them. After that I went back to bed!:laughing: I didn't want to have huge bags under my eyes. Mike left early to go shopping in DTD, so it was just India and I, we got up and took our showers, but Mike had taken my flat iron to do his hair...so I was a frizzball until Ana got there to do my hair. India and I went and got lunch, I was not nervous....I was starving!!! We went to the cafeteria in POR and ate, and went back to the room to wait for Ana and Maribelle. The showed up right on time and got to work right away...they were so funny, and they were both really good with India as well. Maribelle started with my makeup first, and Ana went to work on India's hair. I really wanted a dramatic eye because I typically wear a lot of eye makeup day to day, and I loved what she did. I was worried about India's hair because at the time it was about chin-length and I wanted it all pulled up, I didn't think it was going to happen, but Ana worked her magic and it looked great. The only problem was that India had downed a ton of MNSSHP candy and she kept jumping around, and everyone was worried she was going to mess up her hair, so she was sprayed, and after that her hair wasn't going anywhere! So after Maribelle finished my makeup Ana started with my hair...and I felt bad for her because I have A LOT of hair...I wanted it half up, and had a fascinator to wear...I really can't say enough great things about Ana, she was amazing!!! I loved my hair, and 12 hours later it was still going strong. By the time she was winding down I had Maribelle and Ana on either side of me with curling irons :rotfl:
It was getting close to the time where the limo was going to pick up the boys, and Randy showed up just as Ana and Maribelle were leaving. My grandma and mom were there to help me, and Randy started snapping away..
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0000610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0089110-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0089510-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0091610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0087610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0087310-31-08.jpg

Then it was time for me to get into my dress, so we kicked Randy out, and he took this picture..

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0096310-31-08.jpg

Once I was into my dress, I needed to put my 20 pound necklace on...for real that necklace weighed a TON...I took a page from Carrie and brought tape to put on the crystals so they didn't move, my grandma and mom helped me put the necklace on, it was a chore.....

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0001310-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0001110-31-08.jpg

So once I had that monster on, India and I primped some more, and Randy took it upon himself to snap more pictures.

jack_loves_sally
05-08-2009, 10:27 PM
While I finished getting ready, Randy took some really cute pictures of India...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0001410-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0002010-31-08.jpg

We got outside and did some obligatory shots of me by myself, I was really self-conscious at first, but Randy was so awesome that I started to feel more and more comfortable posing for pictures.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0002910-31-08.jpg

After we were finally ready, we walked to the courtyard...and Randy took some of my favorite pictures on the way there...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0004310-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0004110-31-08-2.jpg

Once we got to the courtyard we took pictures by the fountain, and I love how this one came out...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0008310-31-08-2.jpg

So by then it was getting close for us to leave, but Randy was still snapping away...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0095810-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0010610-31-08-2.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0009510-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0011510-31-08.jpg

After all of that picture takin' we had to high tail it to the limo, but somehow we lost my mother....she can get lost ANYWHERE...Randy found her and we were on our way to the Poly to get hitched....

KSchwagg86
05-09-2009, 12:24 AM
These pictures are BEAUTIFUL-they don't seem like typical Randy editing from what I've seen--or am I totally wrong?

RangerPooh
05-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Your pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

jack_loves_sally
05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
These pictures are BEAUTIFUL-they don't seem like typical Randy editing from what I've seen--or am I totally wrong?

Thank you!! I edited three of the pictures a touch in iPhoto myself, just little things though, the rest are all Randy! :)

Your pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

HeatherNJNC
05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Your pictures are amazing, you look absolutely stunning!!!

jack_loves_sally
05-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Well after we all piled into the limo (which India thought was the coolest thing ever) we made our way to the Poly. We arrived and Karen was waiting for us in the lobby with my bouquet, and we did the handoff.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0096910-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0098110-31-08-1.jpg

Now I was very curious to see what my bouquet was going to look like, as I have seen different variations of what the rose bouquet can look like, and I was so happy when I saw it....I think it was beautiful!
So by now it was time to make our way to where the ceremony was being held, Mike and my Uncle Jack were already waiting with Rev. Tim and Karen and Randy were giving me tips about how to hold my bouquet so I didn't look like I was grazing on it in the pictures. My mom and Grandma went to sit down and India and I walked to where the ceremony was going to be.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0012710-31-08-1.jpg

Everything felt like it was happening so fast, and my Dad and I were getting ready to walk down the aisle, and India was fidgeting with the ring coffin, she was ready to go!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0016010-31-08-1.jpg

I have to say that at this point I still wasn't nervous, I just wanted to get the show on the road, my Dad was trying so hard not to cry...and he kept joking that if I wanted to change my mind I better do it quick:rotfl:
I'm his oldest, and I think he was sad because I have always been his little girl..

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0015310-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0014910-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0014410-31-08-1.jpg

After a few minutes of waiting, we were ready to go...cue the music, and India started walking down the aisle.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0017210-31-08-1.jpg

And then my Dad and I started waking down the aisle...and freakishly I still wasn't nervous...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0017510-31-08-1.jpg

That was a looong walk, and my dad kept stepping on my dress, and I was tripping on it, which is typical for me, I could quite possibly be the most clumsy/accident prone bride that ever walked the earth, the nice thing about that whole situation was that in pictures Randy still seemed to make me look at least somewhat graceful and bridelike....

So we finally made it up to where the guys were standing and my Dad gave me away.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0018510-31-08-1.jpg

By this time my dad was full on bawling..no one else shed a tear throughout the whole wedding, but my dad was a mess. He said after the fact that it was his "allergies" but I have never heard any mention of allergies in my 26 years, but anyway I digress....
Rev. Tim started the ceremony, it was sooo funny, I told him when we spoke that we are kind of goofy and we love to laugh, so I think that is why he did the ceremony he did, and it was perfect for us...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0019110-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0019210-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0019510-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0020310-31-08-1.jpg

jack_loves_sally
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
We went on with the vows, and we were trying not to laugh because India was jumping up and down trying to see what was going on over at the Magic Kingdom...they must have been having a stage show, because they were shooting fireworks from behind the castle, and she REALLY wanted to know what was going on over there....:rotfl:

Rev. Tim was going on and making everyone laugh and Randy was snapping away...one of the best things about him is that he can make himself invisible...we never knew he was there.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0020410-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0020810-31-08-1.jpg

Another great thing about Randy is his ability to capture little things that would probably go unnoticed, it was so freakin' windy that day, and my bouquet had fallen on the ground during our vows, it was fine, and someone picked it up lickity split cause I never noticed it hit the ground until I got my pictures back.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0022010-31-08-1.jpg

So then it was time for the rings...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0022510-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0023410-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0023210-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0022310-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0102010-31-08-1.jpg

And this is one of my favorite pictures from the ceremony...I cannot say enough wonderful things about Randy...he did such an amazing job!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0100610-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0023910-31-08-2.jpg

After all that serious vow business, we had to kiss...now Mike and I are not fans of PDA's....I know, I know it was our wedding, and we should be excited to kiss, and we were, but we were a little apprehensive about everyone watching, we joked before the wedding that instead of "you may now kiss the bride", we would change it to "you may now high five the bride..." but we stuck with tradition.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0025110-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0025510-31-08-1.jpg

After all the planning, packing, stressing and everything we were finally married :goodvibes

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0026310-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0026610-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0027110-31-08-1.jpg

jack_loves_sally
05-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Your pictures are amazing, you look absolutely stunning!!!

Aww thank you!:goodvibes

figment fan21
05-21-2009, 06:19 AM
WOW... thats all i can say is WOW!!! Your picture are amazing! You looked absolutly stunning on your wedding day! I can't wait to read more!

polynesianbride
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't know how I missed all this up to this point! Looks like you had an AMAZING wedding! Can't wait to follow along with the rest of your TR!popcorn::

jack_loves_sally
05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
WOW... thats all i can say is WOW!!! Your picture are amazing! You looked absolutly stunning on your wedding day! I can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much!!:goodvibes

I don't know how I missed all this up to this point! Looks like you had an AMAZING wedding! Can't wait to follow along with the rest of your TR!popcorn::

not_Joanna_eggs
05-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Wow. Great pictures! I love the windy shots.

Very pretty!

jack_loves_sally
06-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow. Great pictures! I love the windy shots.

Very pretty!

Thank you!!!:goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
oh my what beautiful pictures. you look so classy :goodvibes I love that you did dark eye make up. beautiful

jack_loves_sally
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Well where did I last leave off? Oh yes we were about to get to the cake. Funny thing about the cake...*I* was more interested in what the cake was going to look like on the outside, meanwhile DH was more worried about what was going to be on the inside....
Back in December 2007 we did a birthday blitz trip as mine, DH and his DD's birthdays are within 12 days of each-other, and on India's birthday we went to the Princess Storybook Dinner and we ordered her a cake to be served after the dinner, and holy crap was that cake awesome!:love: I mean really, it was so good...we ended up getting an eight person cake because we wanted writing on it, there was only three of us, so we obviously had a ton of cake leftover, but DH had eaten all of it by the next day..kinda gross if you ask me, but the point to this long story is that DH wanted the same flavor of cake we had at that dinner. It was a yellow cake with bavarian filling, I personally wanted something with peanut butter in it, but DH wasn't having that...so I got the cake I wanted on the outside, and Mike got the cake he wanted on the inside. Here is the above mentioned birthday cake...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01714.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01715-1.jpg

Anyway...sorry to go off on such a long tangent, while we were making our way down the walkway after our exit...I saw it, and I was in love!!:lovestruc Our cake was amazing, even better than I imagined, it was perfect!!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0029810-31-08.jpg

I love this picture, they gave me a hidden Mickey, and a bonus hidden Jack!!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0104710-31-08.jpg

My Grandma did the toast, and she said something short and sweet...(I think everyone wanted to eat at that point!)

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0104310-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0103310-31-08.jpg

So we assembled to cut this masterpiece, I didn't really want to, but everyone looked pretty hungry at that point, so we didn't really have a choice, so we cut into the cake...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0105010-31-08-1.jpg

And then we had to feed each-other the cake, now before hand I told DH if he shoved cake into my face we were going to have BIG problems, so we agreed to be nice...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0031410-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0031510-31-08.jpg

And not to be outdone India insisted that she be fed cake as well...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0032210-31-08.jpg

After all of this hoopla, we sat down to eat and enjoy ourselves, I'll spare you the pictures of all of us eating....:scared1:
We invited Rev. Tim to eat cake with us, but he informed us that if he ate cake at all of the weddings he officiated at, he would be "huge" so we bade him farewell at that point. The violinist played beautifully, and he was so funny, he came over to our table and we had a game of guess that Disney tune, and I'll have you know I got all but one of the songs right, and the one I got wrong was from The Fox and the Hound, which I refuse to watch even to this day because I know I will bawl like a baby if I do, so I don't think that should really count against me.

After we were all done eating, we did the obligatory family shots...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0038510-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0040910-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0039710-31-08.jpg

And that concludes this installment, next up....the super glamorous photo shoot on the Poly beach!:goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
oh my what beautiful pictures. you look so classy :goodvibes I love that you did dark eye make up. beautiful

Why thank you!!:)

jack_loves_sally
06-10-2009, 10:09 PM
So after we ate cake and did family pictures Randy took us down to the beach and let us do our own thing, everyone else went to chill in the lobby of the Poly. So for this installment, I am just going to let Randy's pictures do most of the talking...I apologize in advance for all of the pictures, but it's hard to pick just a few...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0036410-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0045610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0049610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0050310-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0112210-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0111910-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0108110-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0108010-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0086010-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0080610-31-08.jpg

jack_loves_sally
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0075610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0068310-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0065310-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0063510-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0055510-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0050510-31-08-2.jpg

This picture cracks me up...India was ticked that Randy wasn't taking a ton of pictures of her...and he asked her to carry the shoes...boy was she mad at him....

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0052910-31-08-1.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0112610-31-08.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0111110-31-08-1.jpg

jack_loves_sally
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Oops...forgot one.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/SM0049810-31-08.jpg

figment fan21
06-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Your pictures are soooo amazing! :cloud9: I'm so glad I picked Randy!

I keep meaning to ask you... Where did you get your wedding jewelry?!?! I love your necklace and head piece! they're so beautiful :lovestruc

jack_loves_sally
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Your pictures are soooo amazing! :cloud9: I'm so glad I picked Randy!

I keep meaning to ask you... Where did you get your wedding jewelry?!?! I love your necklace and head piece! they're so beautiful :lovestruc

Thank you!! You will love Randy, he is amazing. My mom's friend made my necklace, but I got the design idea from Lurkyloo....Mary is amazing, I can give you her e-mail address, she can look at a picture of just about anything and figure out how it is made, she does amazing work. I got my fascinator from a designer in the UK, her name is LeighAnne McCaugh, and her website is Dulcie Angel...I can give you her e-mail address as well if you'd like.

figment fan21
06-11-2009, 08:39 PM
That would be awesome! I'd appreciate it!:worship: I use you AND lurkyloo as an example when people dont know what i mean when i describe what i want. So it was funny you used her as an example too! Apparently we have good taste! :rotfl:

jack_loves_sally
06-12-2009, 06:18 PM
That would be awesome! I'd appreciate it!:worship: I use you AND lurkyloo as an example when people dont know what i mean when i describe what i want. So it was funny you used her as an example too! Apparently we have good taste! :rotfl:

Well thank you!! I sent you a pm with the info.:thumbsup2

AlternateEgo
06-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Everything looks so great!! I wish I could have pulled something like this off :)

jack_loves_sally
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Everything looks so great!! I wish I could have pulled something like this off :)

Thank you!!:goodvibes I'm glad you think it turned out well...I get a lot of weird looks when I tell people I got married at Disney on Halloween...:)

jack_loves_sally
06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
On with the TR.....

We bade Randy farewell at that point, so I am sorry to say there will be no more of his beautiful pictures to look at....just my crappy ones...:scared1:, and I must say that these are all pictures I took after the fact, on the wedding day I didn't remember to bring my camera as we had Randy there to take pictures of everything...so sadly I don't have any pics of our meal.

We went back into the lobby at the Poly to meet up with the rest of the family and so we could head to Narcoossees....my Mom handed me our gift from Karen, our WC, and we also received our Mickey and Minnie cake topper. We all headed to the limo and went to the GF...when we got there it was so crowded, everyone was congratulating us and being so sweet.

We got to Narcoossees and were seated right away, we had paid to have the table decorations from the wedding moved to the restaurant. I am so glad we did this...the table was so beautiful, I was so happy, and they seated us in the little elevated area, so we had some privacy. The manager came over and told us congrats, and asked if everything was ok...which I thought was really sweet. We got everyone a pair of embroidered Mickey ears, and we got white chocolate place cards with hitch-hiking ghosts on them.....I was so excited about these.:)

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02088.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02089.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02087.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02098.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02092.jpg

I think they turned out really well!! I was really thrilled with Narcoossees, and I would recommend this place to any Escape Bride, or even just to go there and eat, they are wonderful!:goodvibes

So after we settled in, our waiter brought us our menus

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02129.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02127.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02128.jpg

This was a really nice touch, but they put Thursday October 31, and that day was a Friday :lmao:, but it was still really sweet.
The food was sooo good, Mike and I got the crab cakes to start, which I was nervous about because I really don't like things that taste fishy...but these did not taste fishy at all, they were really good. My dad got these as well, and my Mom and Grandma and Uncle Jack got the romaine salads, and India got the kids chicken noodle soup. Everyone said the salads we good, and the soup was typical Disney fare (I tried it). For our entrees we got the following:

Me: Filet Mignon with potato gratin, broccolini and choron sauce. Holy cow...the filet was really good, but those potatoes were heavenly...

Mike: Surf and Turf...he LOVED this dish, he said it was some of the best lobster he has ever eaten...I was nervous for him because before we left I had heard mixed reviews about the surf and turf from here on the dining review boards....but he said the dish was wonderful, and he loved the potatoes as well.

India: Kids Filet Mignon with potato gratin and broccolini...minus the choron sauce, she LOVED this dish...she is a very adventurous eater, so I was surprised she didn't get something more exotic, but she did eat all of her meal, and even ended up wearing some of it on her dress...I did remember to bring the Tide to Go pen...good thinking on my part.

Mama Sue (my mom): Free-range chicken breast with loaded mashed potatoes and baby spinach. She loved this dish...she still raves about it.

Dad: Surf and turf...he also loved this dish, although he wasn't as keen on the potatoes as the rest of us were, he said the steak was "perfection."

Uncle Jack: Grilled wild king salmon...his usual, in all of the years we have been in Disney together, I have NEVER seen my Uncle eat ANYTHING other than salmon...to his credit he had a triple bypass a few years ago, and a lot of food interacts with his medication, and I know he just really loves salmon, but he said this was really good.

After our meal we were so stuffed, dessert wasn't even an option...and we had a TON of wedding cake leftover, so we left and went back to the limo so we could get back to POR. I cannot recommend this place enough...great food and great service, and they treated us like royalty while we were there.

jack_loves_sally
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
So we had an uneventful ride back to POR, and we arrived to....presents. While we were doing pictures Uncle Jack and Grandma had gone back to the room and set up some gifts. My sister Raychel couldn't come as she had just graduated and gotten her first "big kid" job, and had no time to take off, so she sent Uncle Jack on a mission, she gave us ToT robes, a NBC picture frame, and a NBC snowglobe...we were stoked.

Uncle Jack gave India some pins, and a mug from CRT, and he gave us the coolest thing EVER!!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02133.jpg

Maybe it's just because I'm a pin geek, but I think these are awesome...they came in these wooden boxes, and they are huge..probably about 12 inches...and he went and bought us every single pin that said Halloween 2008 on it..

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02132.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02134.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02131.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02138.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02137.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02136.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02135.jpg

More pins for the collection...yessss :cool1:
By then it was about 10:00, and we had an early day at DHS the next morning, so Grandma took India with her and I began the task of taking out all of the bobby pins....I didn't count, but it seemed like there was a lot in there for a half up style, but it stayed in and looked good all day, so I can't complain. I took off the false lashes, before hand I was nervous about these falling off, but man those suckers were glued on good, Mike had to yank them off for me. Mike and I decided to walk around the resort...which is really beautiful, and we just kind of explored. We ate some more cake (mmmm...cake) and called it a night so we could get up for our honeymoon photoshoot at DHS the next morning.

figment fan21
06-18-2009, 05:41 AM
o0oo0o I can't wait to read more and see those DHS pics!!!! popcorn::

I'm glad everyone liked their food! And those gifts are so thoughtful! :goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
06-18-2009, 11:19 AM
o0oo0o I can't wait to read more and see those DHS pics!!!! popcorn::

I'm glad everyone liked their food! And those gifts are so thoughtful! :goodvibes

I should be getting the DHS pics up within the next couple of days...I just have to get off my butt and scan them into the computer.

Everyone loved their food, we are planning on going back every year now, thanks for reading along!!:goodvibes

PrincessShea
06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I love the chocolate placecards. Adding the ghosts was a perfect touch. You had a really unique, and awesome wedding. I have yet to see a cake on this board and anywhere really as awesome as yours :)

jack_loves_sally
06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say that I love the chocolate placecards. Adding the ghosts was a perfect touch. You had a really unique, and awesome wedding. I have yet to see a cake on this board and anywhere really as awesome as yours :)

Thank you so much!:goodvibes What kind words to say....I must say I popped into your PJ/TR and you looked so beautiful on your wedding day, and everything looked wonderful. :)

Pirate's Princess
06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Your wedding is so beautiful and unique. I just love it!

jack_loves_sally
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Ok....DHS day!!!:banana: I know DHS kind of gets ragged on a bit, but I love this park, something about the old Hollywood feel....I don't know. Anyway we (and by we I mean me) got up really early...like 5:30 a.m. because I had to shower and flat iron my hair (a feat that takes two hours from start to finish, and as you will see proved to be a huge waste of time due to humidity). I had picked out a cute outfit to wear...but in the end opted for comfort, so my favorite hoodie and jeans with my ballerina flats it was. Mike of course insisted on wearing his Michigan sweatshirt...

Just as I finished up...I heard a knock on the door, and it was India with Uncle Jack, we were all going to have breakfast at the POR foodcourt, so we met up with everyone and ate, I am not a big breakfast person, so I just had fruit, as did Uncle Jack....everyone else had Mickey waffles, India talked them all into it.:) So Mike, India and I headed for the bus while Grandma, Uncle Jack, Mom and Dad drove (they are not huge fans of Disney transportation). We all met up at the gate, and Mike and I had to exchange our AP vouchers...we did that, and waited about 20 mins. for the park to open.

When I had set up the honeymoon shoot with Rosie, she told us to meet our photographer at guest services at 9:30, so the plan was to give Uncle Jack and my Mom all of our passes so they could get FP's for TSM, and then Mike, India and I were going to go with everyone else to get India a pin book before the shoot as she had been bugging us incessantly for one since the second the plane touched down. After the rope drop EVERYONE and their grandma ran to TSM...it was crazy, now Uncle Jack is 76 years old, but he's no slouch...he can keep up with the best of them, so I wasn't worried about him, it was my Mom I was worried about...but they were fine. We went our ways and got India a new lanyard, and a few pins, she was not impressed with the pin book selection...I don't know what she was expecting.

At this point it was 9:20, so Mike and I decided to go to Guest Services, and my Dad and Grandma were going to take India to do some shopping and meet up with Mom and Uncle Jack...my Dad kept saying "Can't I just come with you guys?"....ugh, no Dad, we're only going to be gone like a half an hour...geez

We sat in guest services and waited, India was looking for CM's to trade pins with (did I mention that she will ONLY trade with CM's?) and I saw a photographerish looking person walk in...so I ask him if he's supposed to be meeting someone, he says yep...so I called Mike over and we were on our way.

Dean was our photographer...he was a riot. I am so serious, there was one point in the shoot where were in front of TGMR, and I was sitting on the ground laughing so hard I couldn't get up...we had so much fun! We were just walking around talking and laughing...Dean and I talked a little bit about photography...and he kept trying to talk us into a Disney cruise...and I fretted about the increasing size of my hair...it just kept getting bigger and bigger, it was humid that day...but still kind of chilly.

We went and did pictures by TSM, and the Muppets 3-D show, we also went to TGMR, and ended by ToT....out of all of those pictures,we only got four, and Disney chose them, so that is all I have to post, I tired taking pictures of the thumbnails in the proof book, but they turned out pretty crappy...high resolution is a grave exaggeration when referring to the proof books.

Taken in front of ToT
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/Scan004.jpg

Also taken in front of ToT
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/Scan003.jpg

This one is pretty obvious...
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/Scan002.jpg

In front of Muppets 3-D
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/Scan001.jpg

All in all it was a really great experience...we got to go into the ToT area escorted and get our picture taken, and that made us feel VIP, and Dean was hilarious! Before the shoot if someone had asked me if I would have paid out of pocket for the shoot I would have said no, but knowing what I do now, I would just for the experience alone, it was a great start to our day. I think the pictures turned out pretty well, they would have been better if we had dressed nicer, and I wish it hadn't been so humid that day. I also wish Disney would let you pick your photos, I didn't order any extras cause they charge an arm and a leg for re-prints, and there were some really awesome shots that I would have picked over the prints they picked for us...but I was happy with how everything turned out.

Next up: Our day at DHS.

jack_loves_sally
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Your wedding is so beautiful and unique. I just love it!

Aww thank you!:cutie:

PrincessShea
06-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey we had Dean too for our honeymoon shoot as well as for dessert party pics! I agree he was hilarious. He went to Southern Illinois University and we went to University of Illinois Urbana Champaign so he was ragging on us the entire time about that. He also raved about Disney cruises so it's funny you mention that as well. Maybe that's his go-to small talk conversation piece :lmao:

Your pictures look really nice, I hope mine come out good like that too! I especially like the one in front of Rockin' Roller coaster. That's a really cute family shot.

figment fan21
06-22-2009, 08:12 AM
I love how your DHS honeymoon shoot pics came out!!! You look so pretty! :goodvibes I like the idea of having a honeymoon shoot there too... i love that street going towards ToT and RnRC, it reminds me of old hollywood too! :cloud9:

jack_loves_sally
06-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey we had Dean too for our honeymoon shoot as well as for dessert party pics! I agree he was hilarious. He went to Southern Illinois University and we went to University of Illinois Urbana Champaign so he was ragging on us the entire time about that. He also raved about Disney cruises so it's funny you mention that as well. Maybe that's his go-to small talk conversation piece :lmao:

Your pictures look really nice, I hope mine come out good like that too! I especially like the one in front of Rockin' Roller coaster. That's a really cute family shot.

We thought Dean was a riot...he was busting my chops too...I go to Kendall College of Art and Design, he was giving me a hard time about being a graphic design major, and he was making fun of me because I didn't bring my "big kid" camera to the park...just my crappy Sony Cybershot.:lmao:

There is no way in hades I'm getting on a cruise ship...I would be so sick the whole time...ew

I think the pictures turned out pretty well, I bet yours turn out great, where did you do your honeymoon shoot? I must have missed that. Thanks for reading along!:goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
06-22-2009, 11:05 AM
I love how your DHS honeymoon shoot pics came out!!! You look so pretty! :goodvibes I like the idea of having a honeymoon shoot there too... i love that street going towards ToT and RnRC, it reminds me of old hollywood too! :cloud9:

Aww thanks!! I think they would have been better had we dressed nicer. The shoot was so fun...I love DHS, it just makes me happy being there!:goodvibes

jack_loves_sally
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Once we were done with the shoot, we all met in front of ToT, Uncle Jack came up with my Mom and he had a big grin on his face...and a bag in his hand, he said he had one more gift for us, and we said that he had given us enough...well he opened the bag and pulled out these....:scared:

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02173.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02174.jpg

Uh...yeah you should have seen the look on Mike's face...now don't get me wrong it was very nice of Uncle Jack to get us the ears, and I think the bride ears are cute, but I remember right before we left for our wedding someone had posted a picture of the new groom's ears...I had showed them to Mike and he said there was no way he was EVER going to wear those.:rotfl2:

Uncle Jack was so excited...he even got our names embroidered on the ears, so we just put them on. I actually think the bride ones are cute, I would never wear the headband because headbands pinch behind my ears, but I think they looked kinda silly on me. But the grooms ears....who thought that putting a hat on top of a hat was a good idea? To each his own I guess. My Grandma insisted on taking our picture, and if Mike ever found out I posted this on here he would kill me, but here it is...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/Scan002-1.jpg

Yowzers....so after all of that we decided to go on Rockin' Roller Coaster, which is one of our favorites. Uncle Jack can't go on coasters because of his heart, and my Mom won't go on coasters because she's scared of them, and my Grandma just didn't want to go, so they went shopping. Dad, Mike, India and I rode...I took this while we were in line...

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01602.jpg

After we were done we decided to go on ToT...my Dad had never been, he really enjoyed it, but he's really mechanical and he kept asking me questions about how they do the effects and what not, I told him I didn't know...and for hours he went over possible ways they did the effects, ugh.

After ToT our FP for TSM was ready, so we did that, it was the first time any of us had been on this, and it was fun...Mike and India loved it, but I wouldn't wait in line for 2 hours for it thats for sure. We decided to go to the Beauty and the Beast show after that, then we did the Backlot Tour, I had not been on this in ages...it is so different, but I still liked it...kinda.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01611.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01613.jpg

Then we went to Star Tours...I don't know what it is about this ride, but it makes me feel sick...but I was a trooper and went on anyway. We had to do Muppets 3-D cause that is my Dad's favorite, and then we had an ADR for the Prime Time Cafe...we love it here, we always eat here and the Brown Derby when we go to DHS. By the time we got there it was 3:50 and our ADR was for 4:00, so we checked in and waited...and waited...and waited, it was 4:45 before we were seated...so we were STARVING! My Dad was particularly crabby, and I was worried because sometimes you get a waiter/waitress who is a little fresh, which Mike and I like...but my Dad can be nasty when he is hungry. The waiter came and India immediately began to set the table (she knows the drill) and he went through his whole spiel...and my Dad seemed to get into it. We ordered and the food came quickly, and it was good. My Dad and I got the meatloaf, my Mom, Mike and Grandma all got the fried chicken, Uncle Jack got the salmon, and India got chicken fingers...we all had shakes...soooo good!

We went to do Voyage of the Little Mermaid (my favorite), and we did TGMR (even though it's kinda outdated I love it), then we decided to line up for Fantasmic! My Mom and Dad had not watched this show since they went in 2003, so they were excited...as we were walking in the CM that was making sure people were being seated called us over. We went over to see what he wanted and he asked us if we had been on ToT yet..we said yes, and he asked if we wanted to go on it again, Mike, India and I said sure. He handed us FP's and told us to come back to the same place when we were done so we could get back in for F!, then he lifted the rope that leads from the ampitheatre to ToT and let us through. There was really no wait for ToT, and it was pretty empty in the line. We went to line up, and the CM put us in an elevator by ourselves. I love riding ToT at night, and it was sooo much spookier being the only three in the elevator.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01624.jpg

We went back to our family for F! and we sat in the Mickey section (our favorite), but we were kinda far back...which turned out to be a good thing when it was time to leave.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01659.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC01657.jpg

Mike and I rode the bus back, and India went with Grandma again...we had a full day at Epcot and MK coming up.:)

PrincessShea
06-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Hahaha :lmao: That is such a precious story about the hat. I am glad you guys put on a brave face and wore them because if he got the names embroidered and everything he probably thought it was the best find ever.

That daytime pic you grabbed of the Tower of Terror is really nice too. Very crisp.

figment fan21
06-25-2009, 06:16 AM
:lmao::rotfl2:

Awe that picture of your two in the hats are priceless!!! I have to say i like the old ones better! It was very sweet of him to get your names put on them and he sounded so proud to be giving them to you!

RnRC is our favorite ride too! We did it 4 times on our last trip! Awesome!!!

And you're not the only one who gets sick on Star Tours. I love it but DF always gets queezy after it.

Can't wait to here more!

jack_loves_sally
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Hahaha :lmao: That is such a precious story about the hat. I am glad you guys put on a brave face and wore them because if he got the names embroidered and everything he probably thought it was the best find ever.

That daytime pic you grabbed of the Tower of Terror is really nice too. Very crisp.

Oh my gosh...we wore them all day until we went on rides...we went on the Backlot Tour and I hear someone yelling Sarah....I knew it wasn't anyone from my family..cause we were all together, it was a really nice lady who stopped me and told me she saw our wedding from the Poly beach...Mike was like, how did she know our names...I said um duh look at the back of our hats.:lmao:

The picture of ToT turned out well, I took it with my Mom's new camera...I was so bored waiting in line...and I was able to hold very still...cause we didn't move very fast!:rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2:

Awe that picture of your two in the hats are priceless!!! I have to say i like the old ones better! It was very sweet of him to get your names put on them and he sounded so proud to be giving them to you!

RnRC is our favorite ride too! We did it 4 times on our last trip! Awesome!!!

And you're not the only one who gets sick on Star Tours. I love it but DF always gets queezy after it.

Can't wait to here more!

Thanks...I just hope Mike doesn't see I posted it here. Uncle Jack was excited about them...so I figured we could suck it up and wear them for one day. I don't even know how many times we went on RnRC...India is a roller coaster junkie.
Ugh I don't know what it is about Star Tours...but I always get an icky feeling in my stomach after that ride.

jack_loves_sally
07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok...on with the TR...Sunday was a busy day because it was the last day before my parents were going to fly home. My Mom went to Winter Park with Grandma for the day, so it was just Mike, India, Uncle Jack, my Dad and I. We were going to start at Epcot, mostly because my Dad had never been on Soarin', and because my Mom has drooled over mine and my sister's pick a pearl jewelry for years...so we were sent on a mission to do that as well.

Mike and I took the bus and we met Uncle Jack, India and Dad and then we hopped in line for the rope drop. We made it right up to the front and booked it to Soarin', first thing was first...we got FP's, this was where we first ran into trouble with the AP's...the machine didn't seem to want to take them, but a CM came over and got it to work. After we secured the FP's we got in line to ride. As I mentioned before my Dad had never been on this, so he kept asking questions about what it was going to be like...I don't know about you guys, but I cannot accurately describe this ride to someone that has never been on it, so we told him just to wait it out. We only waited about 30 mins, we held out a little longer so we could be on concourse one (to me the effect is different with feet dangling above your head). My Dad LOVED this ride (I kind of figured he would!). After that we did Test Track, we didn't have to wait very long for that which was nice. Uncle Jack wanted to take my Dad over to do the Segway thing, so Mike and I took India to the character connection.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02045.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02047.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02049.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02048.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02046.jpg

After we saw Mickey and all of his friends, a CM came over and asked India if she wanted to meet Belle, she said yes and they took us around the corner and Belle came out. India was the only one that was there to meet her...it was nice that she could take her time, and Belle was so sweet and talked and walked with India down the hallway asking her questions...so cute.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02050.jpg

By now it was time to go to the International Gateway so we could get to Japan. We decided to walk the whole way...and we stopped in France so I could get a coffee and a pastry, everyone else got snacks too, but I don't remember what they got. As I was happily sipping my sweet caffeine, I looked up and Mike was chatting with Rev. Tim Herring. He said he came to Epcot quite often, and it was nice to see him again and say "hi." We made it to Japan and we watched the pearl pickers for a while before we made our way up there to get ours.

I always let India pick the oysters...she is the luckiest kid in the world when it comes to these things. She has one in every color, she has picked twins...so I just let her do the picking. She won't tell me what her strategy is (although she swears she has one) so I can't help you there...but that kid is lucky when it comes to pearls. She picked my Mom's first....it was a white pearl...but that sucker was big 8.5 mm, we had it set into a ring, but I don't have a pic of it cuase she has it now.
India picked mine next, It was a gold colored 8.5 mm. I wanted it set in a certain pin, but they said it was too big, so I settled for a dragonfly pin instead.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02177.jpg

Next was India's pearl. They opened it up, and she got this....

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02184.jpg

Ugh. For years I have tried in vain to get a pearl like that...but India yet again lucked out...they even played the little drum for her. I don't know what it is about Japan, but I love it there, I could spend hours there browsing in the shop and watching the candy lady. After we picked our settings for our pearls we wandered around the rest of the showcase. My Dad and Uncle Jack decided to head to MK early...Uncle Jack wanted to pack my Dad's day as full as he could on his last day there, so they went ahead of us, and we waited for the pearls to be done. Once they were we decided to get on the monorail to head to MK...we had a 4:00 ressie for CRT, and we were hungry.

Once we were on the monorail the clouds started closing in, and I started getting nervous. All of the times my Dad has been to Disney he has never seen the flight of Tinkerbelle during Wishes....and I really wanted him to see it, I figured if it rained that wasn't going to happen. Mike told me to stop worrying about it since it was only 3:00 after all, but it was still there in the back of my mind.

We arrived at MK and wandered around the shops. At this point it was raining, and everyone was trying to get out of it. At 3:30 we went to CRT to check in, and they told us we had to wait a few more minutes. We just hung out there by the awning, and I must say I witnessed some of the worst behavior I have ever seen in those fifteen minutes (and I used to teach pre-school..so that's saying something). Kids were screaming and parents were screaming...boy oh boy was it hectic. At precisely 3:45 Mike went to check us in, and they told India she was going to be honorary princess of the day, they gave her a special sticker and she got to meet Cinderella first by herself. She was self conscious because she didn't have a dress on like most of the other little girls, but she got over it when Cindy noticed that she had on a princess sweatshirt and she made a big fuss over her. After India met with Cindy they sat us by the stairs and told us to sit tight. Then they brought in TONS of people. By the time everyone was done it was 4:30.:eek:

So they tell everyone to line up so we can go upstairs to be seated, and then one of the CM's tells everyone to quiet down so that Princess India can lead us up the stairs...India turned beet red and looked like she wanted to run away. She did lead everyone up the stairs, and they took us to a table by the window...it had confetti on it shaped like Cindy's Coach...Oh my gosh...India was in little girl heaven. Our waitress came over and took our drink orders. When she brought our drinks she brought us pretzel bread...it was so GOOD. I think we ate the whole basket in like 5 minutes.
Our apps arrived, I got the corn crab soup....oh geez it was sooooo good!:lovestruc, India got chicken noodle soup and Mike got the BLT salad.
We got our entrees fairly quickly...I got the cheese tortellini which was just so so, Mike got the Prime Rib which he said was good, but a little dry, and India got the grilled chicken strips with fruit...kinda hard to screw those up. She complained about the selections they have for kids, she ate a lot of my pasta and some of Mike's prime rib...she likes to try new things, and all most all of the kids menu's on Disney property are the same.
For dessert I got raspberry sorbet which was good, nice and light, Mike got the chocolate buckle...he said it was really rich, and India got sorbet as well.

At some point during the meal The Fairy Godmother came out and did her little show...and then Suze and Pearla came around. Now I like to think of myself as a nice, patient person, but we had the family from you know where sitting next to us for this meal. We were trying to politely ignore them...but they had four kids that were absolutely out of control. They were throwing food at each-other...playing with their food, screaming at each-other, spilling things on purpose....I had ignored them pretty well up until this point. Pearla came to the table to take her picture with India...and the youngest child from the family (a girl I guessed was around 6 or 7) ran up to Pearla and pushed India out of the way. I looked at Mike stunned. I thought maybe the little girl's parents would tell her to wait her turn or something...but they didn't. They asked me to get out of the way so they could take a picture.:eek: Like I said...I'm pretty laid back and easygoing...but my blood was BOILING, I mean how rude was that??? I thought Mike was going to go bonkers...Pearla even held her hand up to the little girl as if to say "just wait a minute," but India looked the little girl straight in the face and said "No it's ok...she can go first, my Daddy and Sarah taught me manners." Kind of a snarky thing to say I know, but at that point I didn't care. So India waited and had her picture taken with Suze and Pearla.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02007.jpg

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo90/twiggy779/DSC02006.jpg

So we made it through CRT without major incident...:rotfl:

jack_loves_sally
07-08-2009, 08:39 PM
After CRT we went to meet up with Dad and Uncle Jack (they had turkey legs). We decided to do the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (which I thought was pretty cute).Uncle Jack left at that point, he was tired....he and my Dad had been busy at MK all afternoon. We decided to do Space Mountain, and then we went on BTMR, after that we did The Haunted Mansion...then we decided to stake out a spot for Wishes.

We found a good spot on Main Street and Mike and India went to get us drinks...I had a great time with my Dad talking and reminiscing about our past Disney trips. The cart that sells all the glowy things came by and I saw my Dad looking longingly at the glow necklaces, so I ran over and bought him one..he was so stoked, my Mom said he went to sleep with it on that night. Mike and India came back and we got ready for Wishes to start. When Tink flew out of the Castle...my Dad was like a little kid, he was jumping up and down laughing and clapping screaming "You go Tink, you go!!!" Which India thought was the funniest thing she had ever seen. We finished Wishes and asked my Dad what he wanted to do...he said he wanted to go on Pirates...so we did, it was empty. We were the only ones in the boat, but don't worry my Dad had his trusty glow necklace to light the way.:rotfl:

After that we decided we better go, so we made sure my Dad made it to The POP bus stop, and we got in line for POR...it took FOREVER!!! My Dad called me when he got back to POP, and we had JUST boarded a bus to go back to POR. We made it back to the room and my Mom called and said she loved her pearl ring, and we made plans to meet for breakfast in the morning before the ME came to pick them up. And that is the end of day four!:)

jack_loves_sally
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Crap!
I keep forgetting to post this in here but....I have a birdcage veil that I bought for my wedding...I didn't end up wearing it, and it's sitting in the closet in my spare room, if anyone is interested pm me. I can send pics if anyone would like. :)